• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Its time to revamp Champs.

rareitem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe a majority of persons in this thread missed the whole point. The point was to introduce something that would liven the PVP in felluca while there is still a bit of summer left. If one cannot realize that adding something like a +30 stat scroll (which I think is an awesome idea) would not have the slightest game altering effects but create a mad PVP frenzy then you should have just avoided this thread.
!!!! Well just took 100 posts to find someone that likes my idea. :) !!!!!!

!! My idea is not just a carrot its the logical evolution.

!! Tbh +5 stats wont create any unbalancing issue in PvP.

!! It will bring a lot of players to champ areas. Any doubt about that??

!! A single +30 PS drop per Harrower would give fun for years.

!! More people playing the game means more economical activity.
!! Everybody gets benefit, not just PvPers.

!! Its easy and fast to implement.

!! And the best all that is FREE no need to pay for a booster pack or whatever....

!! Some Dev is now thinking !Hell why didnt i had that Idea and charge money
to players for it???????

Z

Zyon Rockler

Well you guys keep trying to get people to go to Fel, so, I was just trying to suggest that it might be easier to get people to go to Trammel.

There's alot of PvP'ers that don't spawn, like the Ish spawns are alot more fun.

But i'm not against the idea of making +30 Stat Scrolls. I'm not against the idea of upping the PS numbers. As far as the game is concerned, that really doesn't have anything to do with Champs, in my opinion.

But I think as you up the Stats or the Skills you should also have spawns that increase to fight. To me, that's just a better reason to have more Stats but PvP battles would also last longer.

Like, if you created a Spawn that did 70 hit points of damage and then used other moves for 40 and then 50 and then 25, it would be doing alot more things and be more interesting but you can't really do that with low Stats.

In PvP, if you had a higher Stat it might help with ganking because 1 player could stand up longer to 2 or 3 players. I don't know why they don't test for fun, just on Test Center what PvP would be like if everyone had like 300 hit points.

But I don't think adding a +30 Stat is going to change anything, that's just my opinion.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Riiight, because if that happened people would have 4 or 5 suits ready to go after the first one got looted? Anyone after their first death would be sitting in a house naked w/o any items on. Yeah... farming stuff for a whole new suit probably wouldn't take long at all... it would only take that long before you could get into the fight again.

Terrible idea.
:scholar: such as it is: yes, agreed.

Heh!

That is "just it" ... what did you just say?
FIRST words outta the gate?
because if that happened people would have 4 or 5 suits ready to go ...
My gear my gear ... my god ... don't you SEE it?
PvP ain't supposed to be about the gear ...
at best the only consideration should be the COLOR of the uniform ...
not whose tailor label is inside ...
or if the brass and gold trim looks good ...
you are "supposed to be" in a fight for your life!
Not worrying about your fashion model good looks
>or the cost of replacement<

ya can play Fancy dress-up Country squire, at the ball, after the victory parade

until then, focus on the matter at hand
There's an elf a gargoyle and a human to your left ...
whatcha gonna do?

RE-Simplify the PvP battle paradigm
five grades of armor with five grades of damage absorption
five grades of weapons with five grades of damage dealt
easy to maintain and reacquire
its just your work clothes, your battle uniform
it is bound to wear out and need repair
re-establish the ethos of the warrior

put the "value" of the player character where it belongs
on the other side of the keyboard, not on the screen like it is
In the Chair like it was always meant to be ... IN the players heart and mind
it has become (and is a problem) TOO MUCH about what is on the screen
its what the player IS DOING on the screen which needs work.

ALOT OF WORK ... but it is needed ... look around at the wider world
It >should not< be about what the character is twinked up with
it should be about what the character has Done that should be the "score card"
not what he was wearing when he did it.
On the runway now from the battle of trinsic, Lord fauntelroy in a torn somewhat worn gold lama cloak by venus
offset with a sequined apron of scullery maids tears off the rack.Note the shiny bronze ring-mail gloves stolen from a murdered guildmate
:talktothehand: you know darn well how long :thumbsup: that could go on and on and on

about the gear and NOT "the battle".

The OP asked for a revamp of champs for ONE temporary item
(temp in that, as noted, the demand/need will eventually expire ... everyone will have had the one)
I'm talking about revamping The entire system of champs
AND the entire system of Combat ... from the foundations and up
The motivations
The "rewards"
The long term GOALS
The arms & the armor & the "modes" & physics & the "groupings"(by not necessarily their class But: >their actions< )all their inter-relations >in the world<
ALL the way through the Virtues, the housing, The "story arcs" <<< with an Eye Towards the history we write for the future.

not necessarily their class But: >their actions<
with a basically equivalent set of "uniform gear" For Combat
WHAT the characters does while wearing it ... That should be brought to Mean something
How well >Does< the character perform? and how often does he perform that well?
does he follow orders? does he give good strategic commands?
Does he murder noobs at yew gate? does he stand and fight to the last against overwhelming odds?
Does he give Good counsel to his king? Good service?
Does he hoard needed supplies for >himself< ?
is he a spy for the slathering horde raised by an evil God/Lord?
THESE are the things that need to be recorded "about him"
and only found out through his ACTIONS in game.

Its "Complexity", this system I seek, is built upon
and scalable from,
the >Simplicities< of any character in acquiring them.
What he does with them will have consequences
As Well As what he >doesn't do< will too !!
As a PvPer he will build his reputation and skills
He don't like to farm mobs for gold? he doesn't >need to<
Missing drills will affect him if he keeps trying to BUY items for advantage
He's basically a PvMer and really would "rather not" defend the gate as asked ... fine
The kingdom will suffer for it ... and so ... so will he.

A lone new character, should be able to >solo< past/thru the grind towards "fit for battle"
Faster if he has some help,
but Not So Fast that he skips over >learning< how to apply his actions(skillfully)

Still the same new character
As long as the request was for a single stat
lets address both(natural) skill and stat caps
Skill starts at a natural 700 in skills +4years to reach 720
lets make that One year ... + 5 per quarter
and Stats ... they start at 225? then an auto +5 @ 6months for 230 @ 6 months check?
Leaving a +25 stat scroll to be acquired to cap out at 255?...
How about this: Start with 235 Then add + 5 per quarter reaching the same place at one year.
Why?
Sets an easily achievable long term goal (we want to recruit and Retain "new vets" yes?)
This is >Each Character on an account< a Year Of PLAY to cap out >the character<
You >could power game< your one or many characters to the first 700/235 for the 1st quarter
OR NOT
and casually pick your gains up >In Play<
The First quarter passes and both receive the +5
You >could power game< those full, easily (you are either a long haul vet or a noobie ... the training and gains remain the SAME for either char)
Or Not .... they're there when you want to work them

Hows that revamp champs? ...
doesn't, thanks for noticing ...
Put champs where they belong ... "just another" PVM boss mob
Enough of this "Hide the Monster Game" as an excuse for slaughtering lambs
put the skill scrolls on mongbats for all it would matter ..
>no new char< will be fully developed UNTIL one year of play has passed
The character >could< eat a scroll and have a 120 skill available
Till the end of the year, he'll only have a 5xLegendary + 1GM (within the second quarter cap of 705) ... 5xL+1Elder (within the third quarter cap of 710)

Told ya ... I'M headed towards an entire re-work FOR THE BENEFIT of PvP
The champs system , while an idea that functioned ... such as it did, is now
old and busted, the "charm" snicker:lol: has worn off ...
priming the old clunker +5 stats at a time? Why?

Why not restructure the combat system from single duelists, through guilds and alliances and order/chaos and factions to Kingdoms?
Fiefdoms and Baronies
PLENTY of mix and match to keep ones attention
stupid fayled, there's NOT enough players, haven't you noticed?
Indeed, I >have<
I've noticed that PvPers are dwindling in pop ...RPers ... on the other hand ... *chortle* not so much.

I'm >suggesting< that there's a direct correlation.
Goes to >building< the warriors and defining them through their ingame actions.
Goes to redefining(revamping) the ground rules OF "fun play"

Large gatherings (large is a scalable number) >Should have< large outcomes be decided
as it is now ... IF the champs are the "top end/largest" type of "conflict"
there currently exist >no actual difference< between having "won" one champ or a 1001
Question
Are any champs "soloable" ... ?
Are many? Are ALL? (soloable as in: IF no-one else is around ... CAN one player knowing >how-to< eventually "win")

*points* ^^that is a "long term "flaw" " Takes a long time to "see it"
It HAS BEEN a long time AND here we are
Perhaps "seeing it" for the first time ... but there it is ..

I Believe we CAN and MAY redesign that system
need to have LARGE scale views of minor alterations
design each item >> with a large scale in mind

One aspect
A "warrior" comes in many shapes and sizes, many desires for >what he sees as conquest<
A soldier "of the town, district, Kingdom" should be living in a barracks not worrying about a crop of flowers at "his house"
His "personal items" for combat ... should only be stored in his footlocker, closets, and the Armies(sic) Armory
not in his mommas House ... (everyone already Knows the difference twixt useable and deco) ... nes pas?
His peasant mommas House ... should Not Be an island of invulnerability ... CERTAINLY not in the middle of a battle ground
CERTAINLY not in a land where the kings castle has fallen ... or said castle >has yet to be built<

Where the person in the chair, Puts their time and attentions
INTO the character ingame, will ever remain invisible to all (chair/intent)
IN the game, the char/account ... everything >should be< detectable, to some degree or through some manner
Is this a "Glorious Warrior"?
Or a Fame Farmer that spends most of his time at a gate, griefing noobs
sploiting the flagging system ...
Which is True ... <<That should show.

Nuff headlines' general topics covered ...

Laters dudes ... I've a throne to usurp ... :danceb:

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Champs are fine the way they are. Period.

There is absolutely no reason in the world that your guild cannot go to fel and get it's own scrolls. You don't go because you CHOOSE not to go.

Oh no there's players there who are going to try and stop you. Tough. That's risk vs. reward. Something valuable and desireable has to be in fel for ppl to fight over. PvP is a comparably small aspect of UO, but it is still important. Without powerscrolls, the PvP'ers have NOTHING.

Leave things the way they are. Powerscrolls are the only thing in the game that you actually have to *fight* for and that you simply cannot effortlessly farm in trammel.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think you call the wrong person greedy here. I only do fel spawns now and then because i like to hunt for my own items. And im certainly not out to take stuff away from others.

And risk vs reward in fel, haha. Most you can lose is some pots, a small amount of gold and some time. If you really wanted some risk for yourself, you would play siege or mugen.

More people getting 120 scrolls means lower prices for these. And that is needed to make new players stay and enables them to catch up to the veterans and not quitting because of frustration. And new players is what is needed most in this game.
There are many other things as mentioned and agreed by many people that 95% of valuable items are in Trammel.

From what you just say, yes you are a GREEDY person. You have 95% valuable items there in trammel where you could get, and you still want that 5% to be undisturbed! What kind of logic is this? Why Felucca will become like this? Because it have people like you!

Back in the 1997, there are pks everywhere, so they created trammel. This is what trammel is for! Then afterwards, all all new lands are in TRAMMEL ruleset. Still you want more from Felucca! You're not greedy, who is?

New players dont play in Felucca and we don't see new players is because there are people like you! Because no matter how many 120 PS they have eaten, they're still not satisfied. But when come to meeting pkers, they just flee left and right!

How long PS been in this way already? Its been 5 or 6 yrs at least already right? Then why don't we see improvements on the new players? Any explanations? This again proved your logic is totally wrong and to prove that you just want YOUR items undisturbed.

Period.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You keep talking about risk, but there is very little risk in Fel, at least on shards with item insurance. Many of us would have to be killed several times a day for several months in a row before our bank boxes started looking a little empty.

Your solution of bringing back the ghost cams is not going to fix the risk/reward issue and is not going to fix PvP. You complain about large guilds being able to have the manpower to control/raid the spawns, but the ghost cams made it a lot easier for them.
Yes. Thank you for answering. You already got my point:-

FELUCCA is very LITTLE RISK!

Now my idea is to make it more risk (if you start the spawn)

My idea is not a GHOST CAM, it is worst than a GHOST CAM and that's how it should be.

We will remove those farmers who DO NOT have the heart to pvp from Felucca almost totally. If they want to play spawn, they will then need to prepare themselves for fight or they have to do it in 2-5am. This is how simple my idea is to be.

If they dont want to fight, please dont come to Felucca to farm their rewards. Whenever they farm their rewards, there must be risk.

Or else Felucca = not Felucca = not Risk Vs Reward.

Felucca will become = Trammel.

Understand now?

Large guilds controlling spawn? Why can't you look at Hokuto and Asuka and see who are the majority who do spawns? Its all blues united Vs different factions of reds. This is how it is forced out.

Of course, first we need to get rid of those who are only greedy and not having the heart to pvp. Then we will find some true people who really wanted to learn and diet to fight and willing to die.

Please dont talk about insurance here! It is totally out of topic!

This topic is about Revamp Champs and that is the idea for my Revamp Champs. You bring insurance here over the topic for what? So meaning we should remove insurance totally in both Trammel or Felucca?

Hey, if you remove insurance over in both Trammel and Felucca, it will benefit ME in my shard, because I will be loaded looting the free imbued armors/weap whenever I meet the cowards who play HIDE AND SEEK doing spawn in Fel. Here, I say thank you to you firstly.

But I guess many others will be spanking your head.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm...no. Come to Fel, expect to die. Spawn, expect to loose it and be glad the times you don't.

I, among many many others, promise you this. If you are in Fel and are not in my guild, faction or alliance...I am going to attempt to kill you. That is one aspect of Fel that you can always count on...period.

Brutal, but also true in many parts of the real world today.
Yes, so my system will speed up what you are always counting on.

My point of view is, if you dont have the heart to pvp, dont come to Felucca to get rewards. Period!

Because the most important risk in Felucca is to meet PKERS!

UNDERSTAND?

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the problems with Champ Spawns was that they made it a Fel only thing for PS and Stats. Another thing was the change to PvP. Champs were fun when we worked together on them but then became more of a control issue.

You can't go and do a Champ Spawn in Fel to get the reward unless you PvP. So, you're no longer doing a Champ Spawn, you're PvP'ing. This means if you go to do a Champ Spawn, you're not doing a Champ Spawn at all.

So, what happened is the Champ Spawns became boring. If you already have the PS and the Stat, now what do you go for? They need a much better Champ Spawn System.

I think if they created a Champ Spawn in Trammel that was Ego driven, like an experiment, you might see PvP types moving into these spawns.

An example would be: Using character copy to take the players on the shard based on skill and having them spawn in the Champ.

So, you would have low level players appear first and work up to the ultimate player as a Boss. Maybe you could get like an item in your pack saying, I killed So and So or some type of title, similar to what you would do with Arenas.
Wrong. There are many "COWARDS" who play hide and seek in FELUCCA champs nowadays to get scrolls!

Moreover, there are tons of Trammel spawns you could do also and they net you the same valuable replicas as well.

F

Fayled Dhreams

There is absolutely no reason in the world that your guild cannot go to fel and get it's own scrolls. You don't go because you CHOOSE not to go.

Oh no there's players there who are going to try and stop you. Tough. That's risk vs. reward. Something valuable and desireable has to be in fel for ppl to fight over. PvP is a comparably small aspect of UO, but it is still important. Without powerscrolls, the PvP'ers have NOTHING.

Leave things the way they are. Powerscrolls are the only thing in the game that you actually have to *fight* for and that you simply cannot effortlessly farm in trammel.
:lol:
Perhaps as a training ground ... Pretty well limited to choke points ONLY though
otherwise, as far as "fine"?
No, I submit that their use and draw is >declining< .
Why? why thank you, next para attends

Aw, But there "IS" (more than) one reason to Not go ...

Said guild being scrolled to the Max, AND their sales of scrolls continues to decline ... making your "choice" to not go quite reasonable
They would be choosing to Not Waste Their time on yet another predictable set of strategies and tactics.

Oh no there's players there who are going to try and stop you. Tough. That's risk vs. reward.
No, no it isn't.
It >should be< that there ARE peeps to oppose you, that is the draw for COMBAT. what you just described is NOT even as challenging as capture the flag ...
Except >you don't< Eat the flag, once captured ... and selling the flag?
pfffft! mercenaries and brigands and pirates ... steal and hold hostage wagon loads of peaches ... that is a lesser form of "motivation".
least wise as >I< interpret "Honorable combat".

Something valuable and desireable has to be in fel for ppl to fight over. PvP is a comparably small aspect of UO, but it is still important. Without powerscrolls, the PvP'ers have NOTHING.
In which case, if I may suggest, You ARE gonna need a replacement FOR the power scrolls ... as evidenced BY the decline in "willing participation"
Most have eaten all they can digest, most have sold alll that they can, EVEN roving from shard to shard ... Full up on scrolls here, Merchant! move on! no soliciting your stale old wares ... :)
Fine! leave them as they "are"
No change = Stagnant ... which >might be fine<, IF they are stable ...

Have I mentioned Decline? :lol:
Powerscrolls are the only thing in the game that you actually have to *fight*
Are they the Only thing that MAYBE fought for? sounds quite a limited system
MAY you not, think of another?
ONE not so inclined to render itself >pointless< after X number of years.

I suggest WE ALL do
I suggest that that would be appreciated by any possible future noobies
Whom, TODAY, could quite reasonably ask:
is that all there is?

I hope to have other answers than "sorry, yes 'tis" :party:

LlamaOnDrugs

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Developers removed Ghost Cams for a reason. If you want to PvP (Or PK) then, as it has always been, you need to go to places where PvP goes on (Yew gate, Despise Barra for example). All that your 'all seeing eye' idea will do is allow you to kill PvE characters more easily, and help the PK / PvP guilds to control the powerscroll market again.

You suggest that some players are cowards for wanting to kill a spawn without being PKed? How is that cowardly? From my perspective that's sensible. I don't go to Despise Barra because I know there's a higher chance that I'll get killed. How many of your 'brave' PKers have hiding and stealth on their templates? What is the overall goal of hiding and stealth? Oh yes, to hide and not be seen!

Avoiding being killed is a huge aspect of this game, whether it is by a PK or by a monster.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Developers removed Ghost Cams for a reason. If you want to PvP (Or PK) then, as it has always been, you need to go to places where PvP goes on (Yew gate, Despise Barra for example). All that your 'all seeing eye' idea will do is allow you to kill PvE characters more easily, and help the PK / PvP guilds to control the powerscroll market again.

You suggest that some players are cowards for wanting to kill a spawn without being PKed? How is that cowardly? From my perspective that's sensible. I don't go to Despise Barra because I know there's a higher chance that I'll get killed. How many of your 'brave' PKers have hiding and stealth on their templates? What is the overall goal of hiding and stealth? Oh yes, to hide and not be seen!

Avoiding being killed is a huge aspect of this game, whether it is by a PK or by a monster.
My system is totally different from ghost cam honestly. Please do not try to mix the ghost cam with this:-

1. Ghost cam needs an extra account there sit there, and at each of the spawns
2. Ghost cam can monitor at lvl 3, lvl 4, boss
3. Ghost cam is harder for blues to detect (they might still not know there is someone spying until the pkers arrive)

My system:-

1. Do not require any extra account in each of the spawns
2. Cannot monitor whether the spawn is at lvl 2, lvl 3, lvl 4 or boss
3. When they start to work up the spawn, they IMMEDIATELY know that there is a HIGH chance someone be raiding them

So, honestly, I have repeated myself MANY MANY times, why would this make killing PVE players more easily thus help control the PS market easily?

WHY YOU SAID CONTROL! Everyone in UO have a fair chance to play in this game. PKERS ARE NOT HUMAN? PKERS ARE ALIENS where they got special powers to pvp or what? I DONT GET IT!

What pkers can done, blues cannot be done?

Alright, in this case, its more easy to answer your questions.

If you cant beat it, just go back to Trammel buddy.

That's right, Felucca is a RISK VS REWARD land... No RISK No Reward. Very simple! Dont ever expect NO RISK and have free PS. The MOST important and ONLY reward in FELUCCA is PS and STAT SCROLL. Please understand this point.

No one can disturb you in Trammel and thats what Trammel is for.

If you beg for no one to disturb you in Felucca, it is a NO NO.

Felucca is NEVER FAIR! Fairness is achieved by yourself not by the people who spare you!

UNDERSTAND?

W

Woodsman

My system is totally different from ghost cam honestly.
Your system allows others to easily know when a spawn is being worked, so it's still functioning as a stripped down ghost cam.

But you know what, here's an idea, since you are a huge fan of risk vs reward: Go check the spawns yourselves. You're risking the chance that somebody might not be at those spawns, so there's your risk right there, and if somebody is there that you can raid, then there is your reward!

W

Woodsman

Now my idea is to make it more risk (if you start the spawn)
Unless your idea is to remove insurance in Fel, your idea is not adding to the risk.

As long as there is insurance, the only risk is a loss of time, and anybody worried about losing time probably shouldn't be playing MMORPGs :lol:

If you want risk, go play Siege/Mugen.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many other things as mentioned and agreed by many people that 95% of valuable items are in Trammel.

From what you just say, yes you are a GREEDY person. You have 95% valuable items there in trammel where you could get, and you still want that 5% to be undisturbed! What kind of logic is this? Why Felucca will become like this? Because it have people like you!

Back in the 1997, there are pks everywhere, so they created trammel. This is what trammel is for! Then afterwards, all all new lands are in TRAMMEL ruleset. Still you want more from Felucca! You're not greedy, who is?

New players dont play in Felucca and we don't see new players is because there are people like you! Because no matter how many 120 PS they have eaten, they're still not satisfied. But when come to meeting pkers, they just flee left and right!

How long PS been in this way already? Its been 5 or 6 yrs at least already right? Then why don't we see improvements on the new players? Any explanations? This again proved your logic is totally wrong and to prove that you just want YOUR items undisturbed.

Period.
Yes i am a greedy person. I come from the land of the blue colored people. Sneaking into sacred land of the holy red colored people, cowardly hiding from them and grabbing their most valuable goods. Goods that only belong to the proper red colored inhabitants of this fine land, and to nobody else.

But i think those red people are a strange tribe. They do not complain much if i would bring a whole army with me and we slaughter them all and take their goods, but they consider a single person unable and not equipped to harm other people a serious threat.

Another adventurer once told me a story about the god of the red people. That mighty god demands from them to slaughter enough blue people, otherwise he threatens his own people to limit the functions of very important body parts, making it very hard for them to reproduce. But that seems so weird to me , i cannot believe it.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, more uber items in Fel? No thanks.

That carrot hasn't worked yet and has only helped to unbalance the economy.
I always love this!

Trammies referring to themselves as rabbits and lambs and mice and whatever else lets itself get mindlessly led to slaughter.

Is the Trammies opinion of him/herself so low that they have no problem comparing themselves to mindless creatures?

But maybe I am way off base here. Maybe Trammies really are so stupid that they can be lured to a dangerous area? I personally cant believe that but based on the FACT that every Trammie that posts here states they are being led by dangled carrots what else can I think?

And lets not even get started on unbalanced economy. Tram only items like Slither selling for what? 60+ million?
I know that a pure Trammie could never understand this but at least most Fel players are paying top gold for items that they actually need and use.
I mean does anyone really believe that uber items such as Slither,Lavalierre,Tangle,etc... are even remotely needed to take down anything other then another player?
You and two friends could create new characters and one week later do damn near every monster in the game without 1 arty.

*shakes head*

LlamaOnDrugs

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My system is totally different from ghost cam honestly. Please do not try to mix the ghost cam with this:-

3. Ghost cam is harder for blues to detect (they might still not know there is someone spying until the pkers arrive)

3. When they start to work up the spawn, they IMMEDIATELY know that there is a HIGH chance someone be raiding them
Yes your system is slightly different, but it achieves the same effect. You can tell where a spawn is being worked, you can just do it more easily now. I fail to see how this is difficult to grasp?

So, honestly, I have repeated myself MANY MANY times, why would this make killing PVE players more easily thus help control the PS market easily?

WHY YOU SAID CONTROL! Everyone in UO have a fair chance to play in this game. PKERS ARE NOT HUMAN? PKERS ARE ALIENS where they got special powers to pvp or what? I DONT GET IT!

Using capital letters to see whether people understand is not going to get your point across any better. I understand what you are saying, that yes the blues could learn to PvP and therefore would be able to fight back, but that's not the point. Felucca is not about always getting PKed. It's not about a 100% chance to get killed by other players. It's about there being a chance to get PKed.

On a similar argument, why should we trammies that, and I quote, "Cant beat it" in Felucca, be able to lumberjack and mine in Felucca? Why don't we make your all seeing eye able to tell us where any resource gatherers are at any point? It doesn't make sense that we should reap the rewards of Felucca without PvPing, obviously. Why can I go and gather hides in Felucca? Surely that means I should have a 100% chance of being attacked by a red also? Let's add that to the 'all seeing eye'. Fishing, well let's add that too since we shouldn't be able to get more fish without having a 100% chance of being PKed.

In fact, why not just make an all seeing eye that shows you the location of everyone in Felucca? At least then there wouldn't be any 'cowards' as you call them.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's right, Felucca is a RISK VS REWARD land... No RISK No Reward. Very simple! Dont ever expect NO RISK and have free PS. The MOST important and ONLY reward in FELUCCA is PS and STAT SCROLL. Please understand this point.

No one can disturb you in Trammel and thats what Trammel is for.

If you beg for no one to disturb you in Felucca, it is a NO NO.

Felucca is NEVER FAIR! Fairness is achieved by yourself not by the people who spare you!

UNDERSTAND?
Wow.

It must be horrible to have an idea that is such pure genius nobody else gets it!

I really feel bad for you slayer888(and all the other 'visionaries' that are currently wearing straight jackets & using crayons)

What a burden this must be :(

Keep plugging away though and using CAPS bud. Someday the rest of us will catch up.

W

Wojoe

some idea's i had....

1) Have the champ spawn in a different location of the dungeon everytime..this way no two fights would ever be the same. (excluding the lost land spawns)

2) Remove the ability to lure the harry...same concept as #1

3) Add different rewards to the champs...maybe maps or pardons.

4) Add spawns in tram dungons with max +110 scroll drops

5) Make dungeon drop in spots random...to prevent grinding the drop in. change the drop in location every 2 mins.

6) Have all the spawn on the dungeon level come to assist the champ, for baracoon in despise the spawn (orge lords, trolls ect ect) would move to assist the champ. (for lost lands spawns lower the total scroll drop)

7) Make the champ un-killable untill all the spawn is dead.

8) Give the champs better AI

9) Remove the ability to solo the Champ.

10) Give the champ the ability to take over and control people's pets and use them for the champs defense.

11) Add a randon location harry spawn in the lost lands.

Hope these idea's help....

Z

Zyon Rockler

I think most of us understand that a large focus is on PvP, Champs and Power Scrolls. We're not trying to change the Champs so that PvP'ers don't have anything to do. We're trying to figure out how to bring people into the game and make Champs and PvP more fun for everyone or make the game better in general.

I think that it's normal that you see people hiding and then killing, just to snag the scroll. It's the last stage in a very logic pattern.

First you have the Power Scroll, then you have the Champ, everyone goes and does the Champ to get the PS.

Then you have the seperation where people begin to raid the Champ.

So, now people are working the whole spawn until the end and then having their Champ stolen.

So, now you have a large group of people who decide to go play another game but a few who give a crap or see the games potential, stay.

So, at this point alot of the intelligent people realize the logical solution would be to kill the people who have stolen the Champion. These people are not murderers though, so, it takes years and years for people to figure it out. So, now you have the base logic defense.

It has completely removed the Champ as I was stating in my example.

So, if goal is, receive Power Scroll, then best way to receive Power Scroll is to wait for straggler, last one out from raiding party, gank with a small surprise party, grab scroll, mission complete.

So, you still haven't made it so people want to go and do Champs. No one really wants to PvP, they just want the scroll. So, of course this is what you're going to see. You don't really expect people to go and do the same thing over and over and never learn from it.

One of the solutions I think might be, if you were going to keep the same type of system, is to somehow lock the Fel item into Fel.

Like, an example would be: You do the Champ Spawn, you get an item or some kind of buff that will only stay with you as long as you're in Fel.

One of the main problems with Power Scrolls or Stat Scrolls is you can completely avoid going to Fel by buying them and that's actually my main point. No matter what you do with PS or Stat Scrolls it's not going to be an incentive to go to Fel and do a Champ Spawn.

I'm not saying a large group won't go and do it for a period of time, i'm just saying nothing else will change.

F

fraidy cat

I must confess to having skipped over a sizable portion of this thread, mainly due to the same reasons I stay out of general chat in-game--snotty and rude attitudes.

I am a new(er) player, and would've been more than happy to venture to Felucca and join in the 'festivities' until I popped into general chat one day and overheard the smack-talk. You want more people to come play in Felucca? Then maybe you should start conducting yourself in a more adult and appropriate manner. Honestly, some people posting in this thread should've been diagnosed with schizophrenia/multiple personality disorder. One moment crying about how dead Felucca is, the next railing against 'newbies' and calling people cowards and losers telling them they've no business being in Felucca anyway. Which is it? Do you want more people to play with, or are you just looking for more people to insult from behind your computer? Seriously, have you never heard the old adage, "You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar?"

I've never done a champ spawn, I've never been to Felucca, hell...I've only stepped foot into a TRAMMEL dungeon once in the few months I've played, so I don't really feel qualified to state whether or not Champ Spawns need to be re-vamped. I do, however, know that a re-vamping of some players' attitudes/behavior would do wonders in attracting people to play with you...

What you should be asking for, if you're truly desiring more participation in the Feluccan side of things, is the developers to make ABSOLUTELY CLEAR to the producers that, unless and until they're given resources for in-game GM's to police the smack-talk/game-mechanic abuses, this game will continue to slide toward an inevitable shut-down. I've read a lot of threads filled with many opinions as to the drop in player-base/subscriptions, and I think almost every one, despite having a kernel of truth to it, misses the mark completely... Subscriptions have dropped and players have left not because of any changes made to champ-spawns or land-masses or pvp-mechanics, but to un-controlled sociopathic/psychopathic behavior in-game.

Crystal ball to track players in champ spawns=HORRIBLE IDEA. If you think someone who claims to not want to waste their time working a spawn up only to have it raided from them needs to just stay in Trammel, then I would respond anyone who's too damned lazy to go looking through the spawn-sites for players working them to BE raided needs to just stay out of the damned game entirely. Sheesh, talk about the pot callin' the kettle black...

Let's try to remember that new players do come to read the forums, and when you get all snarky and rude about 'newbies' you're doing yourself no favors as far as 'luring' them to Felucca to play with you...

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
!!!! Well just took 100 posts to find someone that likes my idea. :) !!!!!!

!! My idea is not just a carrot its the logical evolution.

!! Tbh +5 stats wont create any unbalancing issue in PvP.

!! It will bring a lot of players to champ areas. Any doubt about that??

!! A single +30 PS drop per Harrower would give fun for years.

!! More people playing the game means more economical activity.
!! Everybody gets benefit, not just PvPers.

!! Its easy and fast to implement.

!! And the best all that is FREE no need to pay for a booster pack or whatever....

!! Some Dev is now thinking !Hell why didnt i had that Idea and charge money
to players for it???????

personally i think i am owed +5 stats..
when AOS first came out i chose the +5 stats on many of my chars instead of the bless deed or the other rewards..

then a few months later they gave the +5 stats to all accounts over 6 months of age..

they didnt give me another pick of the rewards tho :(

i felt ripped off.

rareitem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
personally i think i am owed +5 stats..
when AOS first came out i chose the +5 stats on many of my chars instead of the bless deed or the other rewards..

then a few months later they gave the +5 stats to all accounts over 6 months of age..

they didnt give me another pick of the rewards tho :(

i felt ripped off.

Same here, to be a veteran player supporting this game for years is just worth a stupid boura mount (which by the way looks like a fat goat in 2D client) . Be a veteran in this game means almost less than nothing in PVP.
You have being paying for 12 years !!! o wow here u have a nice boura mount , grins!!! Am I suposed to go Tram to bank sitting with it??
I felt ripped too.

Anyway if u didnt read the whole thread I was talking about a +30 stat PS that would have +5 stat points that the actual max stat scroll +25 :)

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your system allows others to easily know when a spawn is being worked, so it's still functioning as a stripped down ghost cam.

But you know what, here's an idea, since you are a huge fan of risk vs reward: Go check the spawns yourselves. You're risking the chance that somebody might not be at those spawns, so there's your risk right there, and if somebody is there that you can raid, then there is your reward!
Its not a ghost cam. Its an obvious cam. It tells everyone that as long as you start the spawn, you will be facing the risk and expect to get raided.

Thats my whole point about this Revamp champ.

YES. The way you say is risk. But it is not the case 90% of the time in my shard. So I suggest this crystal ball idea to implement to reverse the % chance around. Make it 90% risk, 10% hide and seek. Instead now = 90% hide and seek, 10% risk.

Understand?

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must confess to having skipped over a sizable portion of this thread, mainly due to the same reasons I stay out of general chat in-game--snotty and rude attitudes.

I am a new(er) player, and would've been more than happy to venture to Felucca and join in the 'festivities' until I popped into general chat one day and overheard the smack-talk. You want more people to come play in Felucca? Then maybe you should start conducting yourself in a more adult and appropriate manner. Honestly, some people posting in this thread should've been diagnosed with schizophrenia/multiple personality disorder. One moment crying about how dead Felucca is, the next railing against 'newbies' and calling people cowards and losers telling them they've no business being in Felucca anyway. Which is it? Do you want more people to play with, or are you just looking for more people to insult from behind your computer? Seriously, have you never heard the old adage, "You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar?"

I've never done a champ spawn, I've never been to Felucca, hell...I've only stepped foot into a TRAMMEL dungeon once in the few months I've played, so I don't really feel qualified to state whether or not Champ Spawns need to be re-vamped. I do, however, know that a re-vamping of some players' attitudes/behavior would do wonders in attracting people to play with you...

What you should be asking for, if you're truly desiring more participation in the Feluccan side of things, is the developers to make ABSOLUTELY CLEAR to the producers that, unless and until they're given resources for in-game GM's to police the smack-talk/game-mechanic abuses, this game will continue to slide toward an inevitable shut-down. I've read a lot of threads filled with many opinions as to the drop in player-base/subscriptions, and I think almost every one, despite having a kernel of truth to it, misses the mark completely... Subscriptions have dropped and players have left not because of any changes made to champ-spawns or land-masses or pvp-mechanics, but to un-controlled sociopathic/psychopathic behavior in-game.

Crystal ball to track players in champ spawns=HORRIBLE IDEA. If you think someone who claims to not want to waste their time working a spawn up only to have it raided from them needs to just stay in Trammel, then I would respond anyone who's too damned lazy to go looking through the spawn-sites for players working them to BE raided needs to just stay out of the damned game entirely. Sheesh, talk about the pot callin' the kettle black...

Let's try to remember that new players do come to read the forums, and when you get all snarky and rude about 'newbies' you're doing yourself no favors as far as 'luring' them to Felucca to play with you...
It is not called too lazy to check spawns. Nowadays there are 15+ spawns where you have to check and you gotta check it every 30mins to 1 hour to make sure no one will be doing it. I am talking about on horse back to check otherwise, it will be in slow motion during stealth and you wont finish checking up all the spawns on time.

This shouldn't be the case in Felucca. There is nearly no risk for most of the time involved for working up spawns in especially unpopulated shard. Based on your greediness, I suggest Felucca champ spawns should just move over to Trammel so that there will be entirely no risk then!

I dont mind to check spawns, but not every 30mins to 1 hour and 24 hours a day. Understand? Anyways, if they would remove 10 out of 12 spawns in t2a, no crystal ball idea is fine.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless your idea is to remove insurance in Fel, your idea is not adding to the risk.

As long as there is insurance, the only risk is a loss of time, and anybody worried about losing time probably shouldn't be playing MMORPGs :lol:

If you want risk, go play Siege/Mugen.
Why you want to bring insurance over in this topic???

Anyways, why my idea is not adding risk?

My idea is adding RISK TO THE PEOPLE WHO is willing to WORK UP the spawn. They will face almost 100% risk of all time for their reward.

Again Felucca then = Risk Vs Reward.

Now playing hide and seek + PVM = risk? Can you tell me? Which risk is bigger?

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i am a greedy person. I come from the land of the blue colored people. Sneaking into sacred land of the holy red colored people, cowardly hiding from them and grabbing their most valuable goods. Goods that only belong to the proper red colored inhabitants of this fine land, and to nobody else.

But i think those red people are a strange tribe. They do not complain much if i would bring a whole army with me and we slaughter them all and take their goods, but they consider a single person unable and not equipped to harm other people a serious threat.

Another adventurer once told me a story about the god of the red people. That mighty god demands from them to slaughter enough blue people, otherwise he threatens his own people to limit the functions of very important body parts, making it very hard for them to reproduce. But that seems so weird to me , i cannot believe it.
Your story doesnt make sense:-

1. Why will you DIVIDE between REDS and BLUES???? Reds and Blues are not humans??

2. Did red ever think a single ppl who are not equipped to harm other people a serious threat? Or thats what YOU THINK only? Are you being biased here?

3. Can't the blue 1 v 1 kill red? Wierd wierd... yes like you said, very wierd.

4. The point is I dont want FARMERS to come over to Felucca without Risk.

DO YOU KNOW THE WORD "FARMERS"? Its not like I am telling everyone not to come over to Felucca. Why you have to so stubborn to think this way!

GEEZZ my goodness! Your story is crap... thanks for producing it though.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes your system is slightly different, but it achieves the same effect. You can tell where a spawn is being worked, you can just do it more easily now. I fail to see how this is difficult to grasp?

Using capital letters to see whether people understand is not going to get your point across any better. I understand what you are saying, that yes the blues could learn to PvP and therefore would be able to fight back, but that's not the point. Felucca is not about always getting PKed. It's not about a 100% chance to get killed by other players. It's about there being a chance to get PKed.

On a similar argument, why should we trammies that, and I quote, "Cant beat it" in Felucca, be able to lumberjack and mine in Felucca? Why don't we make your all seeing eye able to tell us where any resource gatherers are at any point? It doesn't make sense that we should reap the rewards of Felucca without PvPing, obviously. Why can I go and gather hides in Felucca? Surely that means I should have a 100% chance of being attacked by a red also? Let's add that to the 'all seeing eye'. Fishing, well let's add that too since we shouldn't be able to get more fish without having a 100% chance of being PKed.

In fact, why not just make an all seeing eye that shows you the location of everyone in Felucca? At least then there wouldn't be any 'cowards' as you call them.
Well, my system is different. It tells you right away, when you go for the reward 90+% chance (unless you work it over in midnights), you will be raided.

PERIOD. Thats the intention of this system. Felucca is not HIDE AND SEEK game, especially in this most precious ONLY rewards in this land.

I didnt say Felucca needs to be always getting pked. Where did I say that? My point is if you don't want to face the risk, then don't come for the reward! That's what I am talking about. The % of risk is less than 10%, which is why I am suggesting this idea. We dont see fights in champ spawns, but we see golds laying around. Otherwise, if 100 spawns and 70 or 80 or 90 spawns are raided, why would I be suggesting this idea?

Situation is 100 spawns only 5-10 spawns are being raided.. This is not called RISK VS REWARd, this is called HIDE AND SEEK + PVM = reward. Felucca land shouldnt be here for farmers.

As for your idea "all eye on everything" if they can implement that, I will 100% agree with it. I will support this idea. However, I am just trying to ask a small change on 1 of the easiest system for implementation and not a complicated system yet.

Who knows whether my system is good or not? Have anyone tried? Maybe it sucks, maybe its good. Who knows? When nothing is tested, you wouldn't be knowing.

My main point totally here is Farmers (aka coward or greedy ppl), should stay away from Felucca if they dont want risk at all.

Like i repeated many times already, someone with no HEART to pvp or face risk, dont come over to Felucca at all please! Because thats not the land you belong to, go back to Trammel and farm your goods without high risk!

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow.

It must be horrible to have an idea that is such pure genius nobody else gets it!

I really feel bad for you slayer888(and all the other 'visionaries' that are currently wearing straight jackets & using crayons)

What a burden this must be :(

Keep plugging away though and using CAPS bud. Someday the rest of us will catch up.
I see only a personal attack here.

W

Woodsman

Why you want to bring insurance over in this topic???
I thought we were talking about adding some risk to Fel.
Anyways, why my idea is not adding risk?
As long as there is insurance, the only risk is losing some time. Nobody cares about dying or losing any expensive items thanks to insurance.

The only risk left is losing some of your time if you get raided, and again, if you are that worried about losing time, you shouldn't be playing MMOs.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this has been mentioned and I may have missed it so I do apologize If I have.

Imo being a raider and a ...ummmm...victim (lol) at spawns I always had an issue with one thing being on both sides of the fence to say. If a blue guild works the spawn and the champ is up and they hit it to half health and a raiding guild comes in wipes out the spawn guild, then heals the champ up, finally kills the healed champ, and gets all the scrolls with out having to work the spawn was a not a good system. As I said it's just my opinion.

Champs should not be able to be healed. If a raiding guild raids a spawn then they have to either come alot earlier to take the spawn and get the champ up themselves or go ahead and kill the spawn champ and hope they get the scrolls off the players bodies they raided.

Now lets not forget the "Protector". They would still get so many scrolls from the spawn guild members that had protection that was hitting the champ if the raiders were late. It's up to the raiding guild to find the stealthed protector before they kill the champ.

Just an opinion.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you meant revamp Champs like revamp Barracoon. You know.. like how he does nothing to retaliate against anything ranged. Maybe make him an archer with special moves :D.
lol I thought this thread would be about that, too...

the funniest thing about barracoon is you can hear it try to teleport, but it doesn't. poor guy.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Give me more stuffs."

That's really all this post is. Nothing in it proposes "revamping" anything.

When Trammel players say this, Felucca players explode in righteous anger about our "selfishness" and "greed." When Fel players ask, and usually it's pompously demanding more than it is asking, for "stuffs," though, it's risk versus reward.

Forgotten, even by the team it seems, are the facts that if your guild is big enough Felucca functionally carries no risk Trammel doesn't carry, and that in any dungeon in Fel that has a champ spawn death actually carries less risk, due to the greatly reduced "get out and back" time thanks to the teleporter system.

The incessant requests for more rewards for PvPing unintentionally highlights an important fact: Most players in this game don't want to PvP for its own sake anymore. They have been driven out by years of accusations of child molestation (yes I've actually seen this, even bought into the system enough to have done it myself once), accusations of being poor (I'm always surprised by how important economic success is to Fellies), accusations of being a communist (still not sure what someone's politics has to do with PvP), accusations of cheating (been accused of speed-hacking many a time even though my connection is worse than average), various random insults, various instances of actual cheating (my favorite: The one-second mortal strike with no one casting Remove Curse and long before enchanted apples), including but not limited to insurance hacking. etc.

My personal favorite has always been the flat-out defiance of reality that oft-occurs in PvP discourse. "You lost this fight," when in fact the other party won it. "You allied with this person," with "proof" being a screencap of me standing over that person's corpse because I'd just killed him. And in this thread someone goes so far as to say that Power Scrolls drop in Trammel now, which is a lie. They should, but they don't.

All of these together comprise the Felucca product, which most people do not wish to purchase, and understandably so. Curiously the owner's response has been to continually repackage the product instead of leaving the product behind.

Felucca is a failed business model. Repeated social engineering attempts by successive teams to lure more players into Felucca, and to defeat the decision of the free market, have by and large failed, or at least succeeded only on a temporary basis. And that's really all this idea is.

"Risk versus reward" means risk for most of us, reward for the few in big guilds and who are willing to buy a product that most people don't want to buy. Proposals like this one are nothing more than further attempts at social engineering.

-Galen's player

rareitem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Give me more stuffs."

That's really all this post is. Nothing in it proposes "revamping" anything.

-Galen's player

Wrong thread like most people that posted here.

Im expending more time reading these boards that playing the game , maybe I should pay my monthly fee to Stratics instead of EA???

I dont want to fix PVP ( if you had read my fisrt post carefully you would have understood what my goal is)

Actually adding a +30 Stats PS is a revamp of the champ system in a very simple but strong way.
Its very simple but think about it, only 1 drop per Harrower involves hundreds of champs to be done to get the
skulls , it means a lot of action for a long, long time.

Time that Producers and developers can expend finding a better and long term solution while we are having fun instead of beeing siiting here reading posts.

My proposal is a fast, easy to implement and 100% effective way to bring people to Fel and doing champs, that in fact is the only system that has worked for years in UO.
Anyone saying the oposite has no idea. ( People upset cause they never got a PS doesnt count)

Does anyone here have a better idea to achieve my goals??

I have seen NOONE proposing an idea to bring people to Fel champs that would be better, faster and more effective than mine. I dont care about your social engineering and all that stuff , mosts posters here are out of this thread focus, I dont want changes in the system that would take months to be implemented, plus months to bug fixing, I want to play now, Im paying just to see an empty facet becasue there is no interest at all.

Every day I think more on it I think that my idea is brilliant.
Easy and fast to implement, no bugs involved (hopefully)
And is a pretty good bet, that it will be 100% effective bringing people to champs.

So as I said before so many times, I know that PVP needs a revamp I know that many systems doesnt work properly, but hell is that hard to understand that I want to play , I like doing PVP and I cant , Im paying my acount for nothing.

Maybe Im not the only one tired of sitting here reading Boards instead of having fun playing the game we are paying for ..................

F

Fayled Dhreams

Im expending more time reading these boards that playing the game , maybe I should pay my monthly fee to Stratics instead of EA???

I dont want to fix PVP ( if you had read my fisrt post carefully you would have understood what my goal is)

Actually adding a +30 Stats PS is a revamp of the champ system in a very simple but strong way.
Its very simple but think about it, only 1 drop per Harrower involves hundreds of champs to be done to get the
skulls , it means a lot of action for a long, long time.

Time that Producers and developers can expend finding a better and long term solution while we are having fun instead of beeing siiting here reading posts.

My proposal is a fast, easy to implement and 100% effective way to bring people to Fel and doing champs, that in fact is the only system that has worked for years in UO.
Anyone saying the oposite has no idea.:talktothehand:( People upset cause they never got a PS doesnt count)

Does anyone here have a better idea to achieve my goals??

I have seen NOONE proposing an idea to bring people to Fel champs that would be better, faster and more effective than mine. I dont care about your social engineering and all that stuff , mosts posters here are out of this thread focus, I dont want changes in the system that would take months to be implemented, plus months to bug fixing, I want to play now, Im paying just to see an empty facet becasue there is no interest at all.

Every day I think more on it I think that my idea is brilliant.
Easy and fast to implement, no bugs involved (hopefully)
And is a pretty good bet, that it will be 100% effective bringing people to champs.

So as I said before so many times, I know that PVP needs a revamp I know that many systems doesnt work properly, but hell is that hard to understand that I want to play , I like doing PVP and I cant , Im paying my acount for nothing.

Maybe Im not the only one tired of sitting here reading Boards instead of having fun playing the game we are paying for ..................
Yeah ... put it in too ...
EVEN gave a hot link to/for "revamp"
it >does mean< rebuild, redesign, re-think
NOT just another temporary band-aid
Not "quick fix" so that others can actually DO the re-think ...

Not another patch on an old tire
new tire, frame and suspension
AND new roads and new destinations ...

Not yet another thin layer of fresh paint
"last chance for PvP" here

*tumble weed slowly crosses screen*

Champs are a version of PvM pinatas ...
Bash 'em open for the goodies inside
push and shove for "the drop"
Hoard the candies, eat the candies, sell the candies ...

^^ That is what you call worthwhile PvP? :talktothehand:

Take champs out and you'll kill PvP ...

deserves to die then, I say.

But its so simple and easy to do!!!!
Why The hell would you think THAT ????

What could be >easier< than editing the last cleanup's List?
What could be >easier< than re-huing/naming christmas gifts?
What could be easier than removing dead account houses?
What could be easier than fixing the code for rtb houses?
What could be easier than Training a GM? (WE could answer their every question ... :lick: )
What could be easier than linking a rune to a "new boat"?
What could be easier than >Doing a video<?
What could be easier about listing THIS years vet rewards?
What could be easier ...

Seems it is rather difficult to tell You NO ... :lol:
Oh! there it is ... it Is to SAY ...
Easy for you to ignore.

:danceb:

L

Lost-Soul

You could add a skill cap scroll to harrowers. One per, a +5, +10, +15, or +20. This would not increase past the current 720 skill cap. So could be a way for newer players to get to the 720 skill cap without having to wait 4 years.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your story doesnt make sense:-

1. Why will you DIVIDE between REDS and BLUES???? Reds and Blues are not humans??

2. Did red ever think a single ppl who are not equipped to harm other people a serious threat? Or thats what YOU THINK only? Are you being biased here?

3. Can't the blue 1 v 1 kill red? Wierd wierd... yes like you said, very wierd.

4. The point is I dont want FARMERS to come over to Felucca without Risk.

DO YOU KNOW THE WORD "FARMERS"? Its not like I am telling everyone not to come over to Felucca. Why you have to so stubborn to think this way!

GEEZZ my goodness! Your story is crap... thanks for producing it though.
Think we need a /sarcasm tag her on stratics forum.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the approach of adding more carrots will work. You're thinking that by leading non-Fel based players to Fel they will suddenly enjoy losing in pvp, getting trash-talked, etc. that so many complain about. Because this is supposed to be a sandbox, give the players some tools to be introduced to pvp in a controlled manner. Start out with arenas. Add some functionality to choose the encounter type, limit the participants to only those invited, etc. Give EMs controls to setup tournaments or implement a cross-shard, ladder oriented arena system.

However, a large assumption I'm making is that you're asking for players to participate in pvp in so far as they do more than just show up and immediately dirt nap.

Players need to pvp because they enjoy it. If your solution is to reward someone for doing something they don't like, they'll just find something else to do that they do enjoy instead (and then complain about not getting the reward).

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the thread where someone had the flat-out audacity to ask for an item to make UO characters, specifically him and his friends, more powerful, right? Not for a different path to the ceiling, like a new artifact or a different ceiling like a new skill or a new skill combo or a new way that skills interact. Not any of that, but a new, higher power ceiling? One specifically within the reach exclusively of a distinct minority of players who behave disruptively and brag about it.

If so I think I posted in just the right thread.

-Galen's player

F

fraidy cat

It is not called too lazy to check spawns. Nowadays there are 15+ spawns where you have to check and you gotta check it every 30mins to 1 hour to make sure no one will be doing it. I am talking about on horse back to check otherwise, it will be in slow motion during stealth and you wont finish checking up all the spawns on time.

This shouldn't be the case in Felucca. There is nearly no risk for most of the time involved for working up spawns in especially unpopulated shard. Based on your greediness, I suggest Felucca champ spawns should just move over to Trammel so that there will be entirely no risk then!

I dont mind to check spawns, but not every 30mins to 1 hour and 24 hours a day. Understand? Anyways, if they would remove 10 out of 12 spawns in t2a, no crystal ball idea is fine.
I bolded a pertinent section of your quote to prove a point, my friend. And that point is: you're being irrationally rude in attacking people.

Please point out to me in my post where my "greed" is apparent. I believe I specifically stated I've never done a champ spawn, or even been to Felucca facet, and NO WHERE did I state I was desperate to have any kind of extra rewards added to Trammel...

Your blanket attacks on those who disagree with your premise are quite telling...You refuse to even entertain the valid points opposing your "request" and lash out with insults and juvenile attacks...which was the main point of my post. If you truly want more people to come and play on Felucca side, your snotty, rude attitude will not help in said cause.

The main problem, as I see it, with your "request" is your incessant whining about how much time you're forced to waste searching throughout Felucca for someone to PK without realizing that people working champ spawns are losing MUCH MORE THAN TIME once raided: a lot of resources (potions, band-aids, reagents, etc.) will be used in working said spawn, but this is immediately discounted off-hand in your arguments about your precious time being wasted...and I suppose will be brushed off as attributable to my "greediness."

The last part of your post was the most amusing: "Anyways, if they would remove 10 out of 12 spawns in t2a, no crystal ball idea is fine."="If I can't have my way then remove a portion of the game to appease me." Sounds like a spoiled child in a day-care center.

I've got a solution for you, and I'll even give you a little "greediness" with it: How about you start offering up 10 million gold to whoever will take it to come to Felucca, send you an announcement as to which spawn they'll be at, and work it up for you to come raid them...(sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it?):coco:

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Posts fraidy cat!:thumbsup:

These poor shortsighted souls who support adding more carrots to Felucca will argue and defend their position until the cows come home.

They can't see Einstein's Theory of insanity taking place right before there very eyes. They want something to be done but their just asking for more of the same which has proven not to have worked in enhancing PvP.

Champion Spawns in Felucca = PK'ing
Chaos/Order in all facets = Consensual PvP

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bolded a pertinent section of your quote to prove a point, my friend. And that point is: you're being irrationally rude in attacking people.

Please point out to me in my post where my "greed" is apparent. I believe I specifically stated I've never done a champ spawn, or even been to Felucca facet, and NO WHERE did I state I was desperate to have any kind of extra rewards added to Trammel...

Your blanket attacks on those who disagree with your premise are quite telling...You refuse to even entertain the valid points opposing your "request" and lash out with insults and juvenile attacks...which was the main point of my post. If you truly want more people to come and play on Felucca side, your snotty, rude attitude will not help in said cause.

The main problem, as I see it, with your "request" is your incessant whining about how much time you're forced to waste searching throughout Felucca for someone to PK without realizing that people working champ spawns are losing MUCH MORE THAN TIME once raided: a lot of resources (potions, band-aids, reagents, etc.) will be used in working said spawn, but this is immediately discounted off-hand in your arguments about your precious time being wasted...and I suppose will be brushed off as attributable to my "greediness."

The last part of your post was the most amusing: "Anyways, if they would remove 10 out of 12 spawns in t2a, no crystal ball idea is fine."="If I can't have my way then remove a portion of the game to appease me." Sounds like a spoiled child in a day-care center.

I've got a solution for you, and I'll even give you a little "greediness" with it: How about you start offering up 10 million gold to whoever will take it to come to Felucca, send you an announcement as to which spawn they'll be at, and work it up for you to come raid them...(sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it?):coco:
From the beginning to the end, there is only one point that system have NEVER been implemented yet I see many people like you are trying to disapprove it. Whereas the current system aren't really getting any better.

Honestly, in my opinion, I DO NOT want anyone "without the heart" to PVP to come over to Felucca and farm. Because if you're only looking to farm your reward only and not participate in risk, then dont come over to Felucca. This is what Felucca is to be.

I dont understand why you people are really not supporting this idea?

1. Is it really not fair compare to now?
a.) current system = can raid at lvl 3, lvl 4, boss
b.) crystal ball system = when you start the spawn, you will be READY to face the coming risk

Which is more fair by the way you think?

2. Are you guys scared?
3. Are you guys scared?
4. Are you guys scared?
5. Are you guys greedy?

The point is, please go over to ASUKA or FORMOSA. There are 2x blues fighting us every night especially in ASUKA. If this type of system implemented, you're saying that REDS will rule to world? How do you know? How are you certain?

Moreover, by implementation of crystal ball method only force people to get into teamwork on both sides (working spawn party and raid party)

Because working spawn party no longer will try and solo spawn due to raiding party will 90+% surely come for him. And raiding party wont go alone because working spawn party will have a group of people.

Anyways, I don't know whether my system will end up this way or not, but there is possibilities to indirectly increase the pvp activities and involvement.

BUT NOW is NOT. WE GOT A BUNCH OF COWARDS "FARMERS" who PRAY and HOPE to work their spawns without anyone to raid (risk)! MY GOODNESS, yet you guys are still supporting!

The questions go on if you can't accept this type of system.

Anyone who work for the reward in Felucca should have a relative high % chance to face their risk.

The easiest of system implementation currently I could think of would be champ spawns and SS.

The point I have now is especially for most unpopulated shard is out of 100 spawns only 3-4 are raided currently.

Moreover, whereas how you could guarantee that REDS will win over BLUES? This type of logic thinking are only protecting people and discouraging people to try! If you think this way, there wouldnt be blues VS red forever in any shards!

Ok, if you tell me ppl doesnt like to pvp, OK FINE DONT COME TO FELUCCA or lets make it a more simple way, DONT COME TO FELUCCA and OUT OF GUARD ZONE.

People who dont like to pvp but yet want reward isnt a good reason to me. If you dont like to pvp, dont come to Felucca at all. Very simple!

But if you come to Felucca and expect to get reward, you need to face the risk!

This logic, I dont know how many times I have to exprepeat and repeat again to you guys... my goodness.

Clear enough now? I guess I will soon have to repeat again ZzZZz

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Posts fraidy cat!:thumbsup:

These poor shortsighted souls who support adding more carrots to Felucca will argue and defend their position until the cows come home.

They can't see Einstein's Theory of insanity taking place right before there very eyes. They want something to be done but their just asking for more of the same which has proven not to have worked in enhancing PvP.

Champion Spawns in Felucca = PK'ing
Chaos/Order in all facets = Consensual PvP
LOL?

Why can't you treat this:-

Champion Spawns in Felucca = cant be Consensual PVP???

Why Chaos/Order in all facets = Consensual PVP? Will cowards (who hide and seek working spawn) join this Chaos/Order??

THEY ARE EVEN SCARE TO LET PEOPLE FIND THEM IN FELUCCA, how will they ACCEPT that they are being ATTACKABLE in ALL LANDS? Are you kidding me?

I am sorry, but I must say this to you.

Everything have to force out with something attractive (reward).

And this is why FEL have powerscrolls, silver coins, faction armor while trammel have not! DEVS make this for THIS MAIN REASON!

They make it so that you have to FIGHT your way through this REWARD! But the current system they implemented is 90-95% fail in unpopulated shard and maybe 30-40% fail in populated shard!

I give you a simple logic based on current system:-

1. Why would those cowards come over to Felucca to hide and seek do champ spawns? Could you tell me why?

2. Why would those cowards come over to Felucca to hide and seek steal sigils and then get the free 70 kill points? Could you tell me why?

Honestly, if you tell me the list of changes in Felucca to RID OF THESE COWARDS who get the benefit and go back to Trammel to PVM, I REALLY WOULD SAY NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

If I have to implement and change the current system of Felucca, I will implement the following:-

Champ Spawn = Crystal ball system for tracking which spawn is opened

Faction System = faction message showing (which faction have stolen sigil from where)

Trust me. This way we could rid of those who HAVE NOT got the heart to face the risk.

Moreover, it will push and force those people to work hard and gather more power to achieve their goal.

No pain no gain!

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is how I see it.

Fel has continually got the better rewards, but imo this is definitely not working out well for UO, because p(l)ayers have declined.

Everytime you put new rewards/carrots in Fel, you will p#ss off the majority, PvE p(l)ayers. It highlights that the best rewards go to the minority, and are out of reach and not attainable by those PvE p(l)ayers. Many have decided, stuff this and go to another game like Everquest, WOW or LOTRO where PvEers arent "sheep". Less p(l)ayers = bad for UO.

So if you do revamp Champs, you should put the same rewards in Tram.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are you talking about? Stat scrolls are now the only single item in the entire game that you get in fel only, powerscrolls you can now get in tram up to 110 and stick them in a book to get 120.

so 99.99% of items in trammel, and this one item in fel
great post.

count the items available in felluca vs. the items available in all 5 facets of you guys trammie lands.

game over.
ty

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is how I see it.

Fel has continually got the better rewards, but imo this is definitely not working out well for UO, because p(l)ayers have declined.

Everytime you put new rewards/carrots in Fel, you will p#ss off the majority, PvE p(l)ayers. It highlights that the best rewards go to the minority, and are out of reach and not attainable by those PvE p(l)ayers. Many have decided, stuff this and go to another game like Everquest, WOW or LOTRO where PvEers arent "sheep". Less p(l)ayers = bad for UO.

reward people for not taking risk, and doing something hard in fell? cant agree there.

in candy land everything is handed to them allready.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is how I see it.

Again, you're being very biased.

The minority have 16 hours to farm rewards everyday.
The majority have 1-2 hours to pvp, pvm etc.. everyday.

Can the majority CRY ABOUT THIS?

It doesnt make sense!

Same as your logic, the majority dont pvp? ARE YOU SURE? Or they are too lazy or scared to try? Are pkers NOT HUMAN? Are blues NOT HUMAN?

Why blues cannot do what pkers can do??? They're both humans!

Honestly, if you tell me blues should be protected and play hide and seek to get their reward in Felucca, its a NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Because repeat again my point, DEVS make Felucca is because it is Felucca. Its a RISK VS REWARD land.

Hide and Seek play PS in especially unpopulated shard = 90% reward / 10% or less risk!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
great post.

count the items available in felluca vs. the items available in all 5 facets of you guys trammie lands.

game over.
ty
Almost all power scrolls save for Fishing and Crafting skills. Acid-Proof Robe. Evil Idol Skulls. Skull Poles. Faction Artifacts (which, by the way, generate complaints about being unbalancing).

Whether or not you personally like these items isn't terribly relevant to the issue, which is what's available.

Let us also not forget double fame, double resources, and the Dungeon Khaldun, all of which were attempts to get more people into Fel which have, by and large, failed, because people do not want to put with it.

Compared to the relative populations, that's really quite a lot. It's vastly out of proportion with the seeming number of players who actually want to play in Fel.

*shrugs*

All this of course is empirical evidence, which I know through sad experience isn't really the point.

-Galen's player

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the population was increasing or static, then you could say that the reward system we have is working and we should extend Fel PS rewards, but it hasnt. The reward system is borked, otherwise the population wouldnt have dropped so drastically in recent years.

PvE p(l)ayers dont want to be "sheep", and wont p(l)ay to be "sheep", especially when there are other games like WoW, LOTRO and Everquest where they can p(l)ay and are not "sheep". You just dont say to the majority of p(l)ayers, FU suckers, p(l)ay to be "sheep" and expect them to keep p(l)aying.

I suggest rewards in Fel, but they should be for use only in Fel. e.g. +5 lmc sandles [in Fel only] or cloak +10hci vs player. Put PS in both Tram and Fel.

W

Woodsman

PvE p(l)ayers dont want to be "sheep", and wont p(l)ay to be "sheep", especially when there are other games like WoW, LOTRO and Everquest where they can p(l)ay and are not "sheep". You just dont say to the majority of p(l)ayers, FU suckers, p(l)ay to be "sheep" and expect them to keep p(l)aying.
I think it's telling that the vast majority of MMOs that came after UO, including the most popular, WoW and the like, went out of their way to separate PvE and PvP players, to the point of having separate shards for each playstyle. In many cases, those MMOs were developed by people who had worked on UO at some point, and saw some of the problems before Tram came along.

With that said, UO is what it is and you're right, you can't force people together. A lot of people in the past who have left UO talked about how important PvP was to them (or PKing :lol:). We can't go back to the pre-Tram days for the existing shards, but BioWare wants to increase subs and I think they should take a look at attracting people to PvP as a part of that. They pulled in some UO and Camelot devs to help with PvP in Star Wars, and they should return the favor.

Look at Rich Vogel - he's a higher-up on the Star Wars: The Old Republic team - he's VP of product development for BioWare Austin, he was Senior Producer of UO in the pre-Tram years, he was Executive Producer on Star Wars Galaxies. He still talks about UO and gave an interview discussing PvPing a few months ago. He's not the only one - BioWare has plenty of people across all four MMOs that have a lot of experience with all kinds of games and PvP styles.