Its time to revamp Champs.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

Cloak&Dagger

I really hope they make it so in FELUCCA, if anyone is doing spawn, you could through a crystal ball to know someone is doing it.

Like I said, for some shards, Felucca is so unpopulated that you wont even have the time to check spawn every single hour for all the freakin 10+ spawns.

This is REALLY WASTE OF TIME!

Moreover, even having this feature in, doesnt mean that non pvpers still cannot do spawn in Felucca. They could do it at night time, working hours if they are really so chicken to be getting killed.

Honestly, if you scare to get kill, just hide in Trammel. Thats what trammel is for the newbies.

If you come over to Felucca, you expect to have a chance to get kill by others.

THIS IS THE FUN OF FELUCCA and the point of FELUCCA where other players can screw you or backstab you.

With a group of trammies just hide in pt 3, 4, 5, 1, etc.. to do spawn for 10mins and then farm 20's ps are just way too crazy. The system shouldnt be working like this.

If you even have to protect the non pvpers in FELUCCA, I really got nothing to say. Why not we just make a LAND totally TRAMMEL ruleset and freakin remove the FELUCCA ruleset all at once?

For keeping the current CHAMP spawn ruleset in Felucca just benefit the blue cowards farmers to do spawn non stop and get tons of 20PS and then transfer to a populated shard to resell in a double or triple price..

WHY UO CAN BECOME LIKE THIS? This is FELUCCA, wake up people! Thats what UO intended to implement: RISK VS REWARD... but where's the risk now? LOL
Really? and you wonder why Fel is dead.....You wonder why trammel is there....Seriously, this is why.

A chance to have to fight is not the same as a 24/7 guarantee. If all you are doing is running around champ spawns looking for people who don't pvp that you can slaughter, well there you go the whole reason Fel is dead. If you want people to fight, then how about doing a spawn and announcing that you are doing it, if no one shows up guess what? My point is proven by the facts, but if you can't accept them then that is your choice. I PvP because I want to, I only do champ spawns if I or someone I know might happen to need a scroll, and not that I can't afford it but it is enjoyable to actually do something in this game rather than buy your way to the end. So how does your "omg the best thing for PvP" Help me PvP? I am not going to go run off looking at each champ spawn to see if someone is doing it, I either run around fel playing how I normally do, and run into people, challenge people to come and fight, or announce the exact place I am, those are my methods for looking for a fight. Easy pickings is what it sounds like you want.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
So, more uber items in Fel? No thanks.

That carrot hasn't worked yet and has only helped to unbalance the economy.
So a +30 stat scroll makes a character uber? +5 extra stats than you can already obtain? And this carrot hasn't worked yet? So that means that there wasn't a lot of PVP when power scrolls were first introduced? Am I missing something?

I have to agree with her, 99% of all power scrolls are controled by a pvp player/guild.
You sound like one of those players that get's PK'd one time and then gives up and cries in a corner. And yes, I know I'm being harsh and insensitive to your feelings but there is a reason that champ spawns are located in felluca. I also know this has already been said, but last time I checked, you can complete any task in tram without ever having to worry about using power scrolls. >< Prove me wrong.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2007
Skara Brae
www.raptor85.com
The reason the "carrot" to come to fel hasn't worked is because every time they add one, shortly after they dump a truck full of carrots in tram.

A few changes that would be nice though

1. remove moongate guard zones, but make some way so that after gating in you're in guards until you move (1 square guard zone? i dont think it's possible with current 8x8 tile system though). My only issue with fully removing them is now there's a few targets where you can literally just sit and kill people before they've finished loading the area.

2. remove faction arties completely, or at least revamp the points system to require kills, and ongoing kills (at least one a week, though that will still be abused)

3. allow faction combat on any facet. If you're in factions there should be no "safe" areas. now being on siege we can already fight anywhere but when they "fixed" the stat loss in tram for you guys, they BROKE factions on our shard. (we no longer get points for kills or stat loss for kills anywhere but fel)

4. fix it so that, red or blue, you don't get flagged gray when healing a guildmate. that way non-faction blues can't heal from safety, but faction blues can.

5. get TB base OUT of the castle, move it to a building outside town like all the other factions. (and i have to say, it's annoying when TB puts a ton of guards on the overpass after grabbing the sigils, individually they're weak but they can take you down in a second if you get too close, you have to spend quite a bit of time luring them off 1 by 1 to get into the base at that point)

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
Cloak‡1993130 said:
Really? and you wonder why Fel is dead.....You wonder why trammel is there....Seriously, this is why.

A chance to have to fight is not the same as a 24/7 guarantee. If all you are doing is running around champ spawns looking for people who don't pvp that you can slaughter, well there you go the whole reason Fel is dead. If you want people to fight, then how about doing a spawn and announcing that you are doing it, if no one shows up guess what? My point is proven by the facts, but if you can't accept them then that is your choice. I PvP because I want to, I only do champ spawns if I or someone I know might happen to need a scroll, and not that I can't afford it but it is enjoyable to actually do something in this game rather than buy your way to the end. So how does your "omg the best thing for PvP" Help me PvP? I am not going to go run off looking at each champ spawn to see if someone is doing it, I either run around fel playing how I normally do, and run into people, challenge people to come and fight, or announce the exact place I am, those are my methods for looking for a fight. Easy pickings is what it sounds like you want.
Why Fel is dead? I tell you why, BECAUSE THERE ARE JUST WAY TOO MANY FREAKING REASONS.

How can you be so stubborn to say that Fel is dead because of MY IDEA.

Is MY IDEA in UO now? Do you see Felucca is not dead because MY IDEA is not in UO? Are you sure? How can you be SURE? Have this really been TESTED at all?

So how can you sure that it will be dead?

This debate can go on and on. Just like in faction..

People say, whoever joined faction should be attackable in Trammel.

Then there are a bunch of people saying, that it should not and blah blah blah..

What's the difference for this honestly?

You want the powerscrolls, but you want it silently... what is the difference for this compare to joining faction and then get free faction armor and farm mobs in TRAMMEL afterwards?

Whatever you say, no matter how you say it, if the person have not got the HEART to pvp, he would not be fighting you, he will just die left and right within seconds.

So having this system implemented really DONT FREAKIN make a difference.

Because of the following:-

A. If they see you in Felucca, they are dead
B. If they know that you're around, they wont go to Felucca
C. If they know that you're NOT around, they will go play HIDE AND SEEK and get reward
D. If they see you = they are dead

BAH... why can you be so stubborn?

Why can't you treat this as a practise for the people who really NEEDED the powerscrolls?

Can't you think the other way around? Such as blues united and go do the ps together and getting ready to be raided by reds?

Why you can only think that, if this system implemented then no blues will come over to do spawn anymore?

Without this system, we have blues come over and do spawn, and then??
what else, this is attracting pvp you mean?

YAWN.... my goodness..

Majority people here want FREE REWARD without almost 0% or 0% risk :)

This is what I think honestly.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
The 'Carrot' will never work because as long as someone can take 40+ minutes of your time and effort and make it for nothing- while they reap all the benefits.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Majority people here want FREE REWARD without almost 0% or 0% risk :)
Free isn't free when someone spends 30-60 minutes of their time only to have their 'goal' stolen from them at the end. Time is the most precious commodity of all.

Many players don't want to venture to Felucca and spend their time only to see their work get snatched away at the end. When I spend my personal time doing something you can bet yer bones that's not free! I value my time and how I spend it in UO more than anything in this game. There's nothing I hate more than seeing my time get wasted.

Lots of horrible ideas in this thread already..too many to list virtually all of them are bad ideas and none of them address the root issue.

The root problem lies with the PvP system and how it's been altered and changed over the course of 12 years to what it is today. Item dependent, Script automated, Speed hacked, Special Moves, Dismounts, Pets, can't recall out of dungeons etc.

Sorry to bring this but part of the cry for a classic lies directly in the desire of players to go back to a PvP system circa 1997-1999 where there was real skilled involved. I'm not lobbying for a classic shard but there is a distinct correlation between the lack of PvP and the problems with PvP and the cry for a better PvP system (1997-1999).

I don't want the game dictating to me when and when I can't recall out of a fight. I don't want to be at a huge disadvantage being dismounted. I don't want pets involved.

Back in the day people would laugh at you for bringing a pet with you to do your fighting. It was very dishonorable now today it's the norm and it absolutely detracts from skill when you have to have a pet help in fighting. The list can go on and on...

All this from an old school PvPer who has no desire to PvP because the PvP system compared to what it once was is absolute garbage.

From the talk in Global Chats and and the cry for "something to be done" in regards to increasing PvP I'd venture to guess there is more PvP action on some of the free shards than there is on the production shards. Why because the PvP sytstem on the free shards is more fun and more skill required than what takes place on the production shards.

One player recently wrote a brief tutorial on Europa Shard enticing players to PvP and mentioned in a PvP duel you don't want to cast spells any greater than lightning. I just rolled my eyes at this and thought back to the good old days and thought to myself no wonder why there are issues with PvP.

I don't know what the answers is and I feel bad for you guys who are fired up to PvP as it can be a ton of fun.

I don't have any delusions that there will ever be a 'going back' to how PvP once was but nothing is going to change unless the root of the problem is addressed.

P

pgib

How hard is to realize that felucca is empty because the vast majority of players doesn't like PvP?

I mean, it is crystal clear. You get more resources, apparently faster gains (new to me), power scrolls, more goodies from treasure maps and yet players try to stay as far as possible from that land.

Every time designers put a new felucca only drop in the game it's like they were asking to players to pay for a game they don't like.

And they continue to do so (the latest addition was the felucca special drop for t-maps) which is hilarious.

Now, if i'm right the siege shard has no trammel facet. Why pvp players don't play there? You get all the non consensual pvp you want and we get felucca merged with trammel under trammel rules. Wouldn't it be the best for everyone?

Or is the fun of pvp to bother other players?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
The 'Carrot' will never work because as long as someone can take 40+ minutes of your time and effort and make it for nothing- while they reap all the benefits.
Bingo!:thumbsup:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
A part of that foundation would be a much improved in-game communication system. That is sorely lacking and would be required for guilds/factions to communicate better than ICQ or some of the other third party systems. A better mapping system, or rather one that would prominently display areas controlled by factions is needed, but that would be contingent upon Fel being broken up into many more areas that could be controlled by guilds/factions. There would be some areas that nobody can control - an NPC-controlled Britain for instance.

Bear in mind I'm assuming most don't play EVE and I'm trying to give an equivalent to UO.

In EVE, an alliance (or faction in UO) has sovereignty over an area, you control that area or system. That maybe a dungeon or a town in UO. To claim sovereignty, the UO equivalent would be placing a tower or maybe a keep or castle in a particular location and holding that one spot for seven days before you can claim sovereignty. If somebody can knock you out of that location or tear down the tower or whatever, things reset. If you could hold that location for more than a week, you gain more benefits/controls. There comes a point at which you have to hold surrounding areas to gain further benefits.

Sovereignty is a major driver in PvP in EVE, because there are a lot of benefits that go along with it - you get protection for outposts. You can build up infrastructure. You consume less fuel in systems controlled by your corporation or alliance, which would probably be similar to the benefits of faction vendors in UO, although LRC and other things work against that. On the map, the system is shown as being controlled by your alliance.

It's an interesting thought and I glossed over a lot obviously. think there are things from EVE that could be applied to UO when it comes to PvP, but it's tough. Besides there being only one shard for most players, another barrior to applying the EVE Online model is the whole insurance thing - in EVE you can basically be dry-looted, and good luck on getting that implemented in Fel, that's a little too risky for some :lol:
I think the EMs and PvPers on Baja have been giving the idea of sovereignty a good test over the last six months or so. If I recall correctly, I think the EM placed a keep or castle somewhere in T2A and teams of people have been fighting to get and maintain control of it for set periods of time. Can't remember what I read about any "benefits" they earned by doing so, other than possibly just bragging rights.

Haven't really kept up with how the whole "event" has gone, but there is a thread here in the Baja EM forum where people were posting their feedback about it: http://vboards.stratics.com/baja-em-forum/231317-capture-fort-pvp-discussion-thread.html.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Free isn't free when someone spends 30-60 minutes of their time only to have their 'goal' stolen from them at the end. Time is the most precious commodity of all.
That is why people like this spend their "precious" time in tram either farming gold or getting some type of item or resource to sell. Then they can buy the things that they aren't capable of obtaining in fel. That's the whole point of tram isn't it? Duh.

W

Woodsman

3. allow faction combat on any facet. If you're in factions there should be no "safe" areas. now being on siege we can already fight anywhere but when they "fixed" the stat loss in tram for you guys, they BROKE factions on our shard. (we no longer get points for kills or stat loss for kills anywhere but fel)
This is actually a good idea - if you're going to join a faction, you're joining 24/7, not just when you feel like venturing into certain areas.

W

Woodsman

The root problem lies with the PvP system and how it's been altered and changed over the course of 12 years to what it is today. Item dependent, Script automated, Speed hacked, Special Moves, Dismounts, Pets, can't recall out of dungeons etc.
A good PvPer can beat a scripter. Not that scripting and certain other things aren't a serious problem with UO in general. It doesn't help that there are known scripters walking around in plain sight who have been reported on, and nothing was done. If the scripters in PvP were all powerful, most legitimate PvPers would have bailed long ago.
Sorry to bring this but part of the cry for a classic lies directly in the desire of players to go back to a PvP system circa 1997-1999 where there was real skilled involved.
Some of it is a desire to move away from Tram, item insurance, AOS, etc. Of course, people who want to move away from that have Siege.

W

Woodsman

How hard is to realize that felucca is empty because the vast majority of players doesn't like PvP?

I mean, it is crystal clear. You get more resources, apparently faster gains (new to me), power scrolls, more goodies from treasure maps and yet players try to stay as far as possible from that land.
UO did peak well after Tram was added and most MMOs these days only have voluntary PvP, proving that point. If EVE Online were launching today with unrestricted PvPing, people would start betting on how long it would last.
Now, if i'm right the siege shard has no trammel facet. Why pvp players don't play there? You get all the non consensual pvp you want and we get felucca merged with trammel under trammel rules. Wouldn't it be the best for everyone?
There is no Tram in Siege. I'll catch hell for saying this, but many PvPers who aren't on Siege are too used to the idea of item insurance. Of course, many are sticking around the non-Siege shards because of long-standing ties, but you have a lot who would be unwilling to give up item insurance and some of the other things that make life easier on non-Siege shards.

W

Woodsman

I think the EMs and PvPers on Baja have been giving the idea of sovereignty a good test over the last six months or so. If I recall correctly, I think the EM placed a keep or castle somewhere in T2A and teams of people have been fighting to get and maintain control of it for set periods of time. Can't remember what I read about any "benefits" they earned by doing so, other than possibly just bragging rights.

Haven't really kept up with how the whole "event" has gone, but there is a thread here in the Baja EM forum where people were posting their feedback about it: http://vboards.stratics.com/baja-em-forum/231317-capture-fort-pvp-discussion-thread.html.
I did not realize this, but I think I am going to roll a Baja character. Thanks for pointing this out!

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008

Many players don't want to venture to Felucca and spend their time only to see their work get snatched away at the end. When I spend my personal time doing something you can bet yer bones that's not free! I value my time and how I spend it in UO more than anything in this game. There's nothing I hate more than seeing my time get wasted.

Lots of horrible ideas in this thread already..too many to list virtually all of them are bad ideas and none of them address the root issue.

Sorry to bring this but part of the cry for a classic lies directly in the desire of players to go back to a PvP system circa 1997-1999 where there was real skilled involved. I'm not lobbying for a classic shard but there is a distinct correlation between the lack of PvP and the problems with PvP and the cry for a better PvP system (1997-1999).

I don't want the game dictating to me when and when I can't recall out of a fight. I don't want to be at a huge disadvantage being dismounted. I don't want pets involved.

Back in the day people would laugh at you for bringing a pet with you to do your fighting. It was very dishonorable now today it's the norm and it absolutely detracts from skill when you have to have a pet help in fighting. The list can go on and on...

All this from an old school PvPer who has no desire to PvP because the PvP system compared to what it once was is absolute garbage.

From the talk in Global Chats and and the cry for "something to be done" in regards to increasing PvP I'd venture to guess there is more PvP action on some of the free shards than there is on the production shards. Why because the PvP sytstem on the free shards is more fun and more skill required than what takes place on the production shards.

One player recently wrote a brief tutorial on Europa Shard enticing players to PvP and mentioned in a PvP duel you don't want to cast spells any greater than lightning. I just rolled my eyes at this and thought back to the good old days and thought to myself no wonder why there are issues with PvP.

I don't know what the answers is and I feel bad for you guys who are fired up to PvP as it can be a ton of fun.

I don't have any delusions that there will ever be a 'going back' to how PvP once was but nothing is going to change unless the root of the problem is addressed.
Well first, let me correct you something:-

1. It doesnt take 60 mins to even solo most of the spawns nowadays. I can solo a rat spawn in despise/dragon spawn in destard around 20-25mins for example including killing the boss.

2. The point I am stating now is (maybe not on every shards), but you won't see people come raid your spawns or check spawns frequently every 30mins to 1 hour covering all the 12 + (despise, destard, fire, deciet, new demon, new lich). For using full speed to check all those spawns in correct smooth order, you will need around 25-30mins. I am talking about on a horseback (not stealthing), where the cowards see you will run out and not do the spawn anymore. Honestly, if Felucca is becoming like this. Having people [who do not have the heart to pvp] to silently work for the spawns = what?

Honestly, like i said 100000 times, its not risk vs reward.

Its hide and seek = reward (for now, not in all shards maybe; but THIS IS happening in ALL shards. Dont tell me that in populated shard, no one is working in mid night or 6am morning time in pt 12, 3, 11, 8, etc.. silently) Why work for spawns silently? WHATS the point? Working the spawn silently then get their almost FREE reward = not risk vs reward again.

3. Many people been saying FACTION should change it ATTACKABLE in all facet. Yet, no one is willing to allow champ spawn to be having the status updated in a crystal ball. Um... kinda ironic?

4. Well, what's the difference? Under the current system now, you dont know who the heck is doing spawn, but you continue to run and check it, you spot the guy who worked up until lvl 4 or boss level. Then you rush and raid them, dont they waste their precious time also this way? Isn't it more worse now? Because they're not prepared, they dont even know you will be there to woop their butt. Because they are thinking, oh there is no pks online or around to search the spawn, so they are safe. Then end up they work the spawn up to lvl 4 / boss and hand it over free to the pks. <-- current system.

After my system implemented:

There will be only 2 ways...

a. they scare to go to felucca to work on spawn, cuz they can sure almost 90+% of the time, ppl will raid them

b. they work up the spawn and will prepare and have the guts to fight and die when the enemies come over

5. It doesnt take 30-60mins to work up even a new lich or new demon spawn when you have 2+ sampires...

Honestly, in Felucca, the world is too big, and if you still continue want to make this game HIDE AND SEEK, i dont see any activities that will be going on in Felucca.

You will only see those same people over and over again and never anyone else. Whilst those people who dont like pvp continue to play HIDE AND SEEK = reward...

ZZzZZZ come on... this is not what Felucca should become... Felucca shouldnt be a nearly FREE farming land

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008

Also, you got a wrong direction.

Your point really support nothing but the greed for being HIDE AND SEEK for cowards who want no one to disturb them in Felucca when they doing spawn?

UHhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Venture into Felucca but dont want to see their work get snatched at the end? Ok, if dont want to see THEN DONT COME TO FELUCCA! OH MY GOD! THATS WHAT TRAMMEL IS FOR.

Your statement is same as below statement:-

"Oh I don't like pvp, but I like to solo spawns silently and then pray no one raid me. If someone raid me, I'd be doomed and wasted all my time! It is not fair! No one should know I am doing spawn silently and farming scrolls easily!"

Whats the point for having POWERSCROLLS only in Felucca then?

Why not we just put POWERSCROLLS + SS everywhere in Trammel?

Honestly, lets just change FELUCCA INTO TRAMMEL.

There is no need FELUCCA, if everyone is thinking like you.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Its hide and seek = reward (for now, not in all shards maybe; but THIS IS happening in ALL shards. Dont tell me that in populated shard, no one is working in mid night or 6am morning time in pt 12, 3, 11, 8, etc.. silently) Why work for spawns silently? WHATS the point? Working the spawn silently then get their almost FREE reward = not risk vs reward again.
Atl and Napa, no matter what time you do a spawn there is a fairly good chance you will get raided (atl has something like a 90% rate ALL day, I don't care what time you do it. And I have not really been around napa for about 4 or so months, but 4-5 months ago it was over 80% chance you were getting raided. And what I can assess from my current week or so playing semi regularly on there, it is not a lack of people checking per say, but more a "oh that faction has x amount of people so we won't raid them")

Just gave the highest population shard example, and a shard with a lower population, so don't tell me it happens on all shards guaranteed, it is not a matter of the time of day you do something, Luck is all it is.

C

Cloak&Dagger

PvP is the true essence of Fellucia, not Champ spawns, and certaintly not the kind of promotion you are running, you really just want sheep to slaughter. The people you would run into under your very own words are people who would not normally PvP and thus serve no purpose in raiding. I understand you get joy out of griefing, and causing other players discomfort and such (again I am showing why Felluccia is dead, although you somehow think it is your Idea that makes Fel dead.) You do not wish to PvP, you want to kill people who will pose you no threat and then take their rewards.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
@Slayer888

A crystal ball so you can monitor and see which spawns have activity across the entire felucca facet thereby making it even easier for you to kill players who have no idea how to PvP but just want a crack at a power scroll without having to pay millions. Good grief! You’re kidding me right!?:coco:

We need more hardcore PvP'ers asking for ways to promote consensual PvP instead of ridiculous requests to make PK'ing even easier.

Champion spawns or any spawns should have nothing to do with PvP activity! Nothing...Zip...Zero...Zilch!

There have been a couple of good suggestions above in this thread (See Post #53):

Go back to Order/Chaos system and allow those players in factions be able to attack one another regardless of the facet their on or if they’re in a guard zone. That's a good way logical way to promote consensual PvP activity among players who want to PvP. It worked well during the Chaos/Order and it is healthy approach for the game!

Promoting PvP activity in situations where people don't want to PvP (i.e. Champion Spawns) is bad for the game.

I understand what the OP is saying but as someone else above pointed out the PvPers are partly to blame for the lack of PvP it is directly connected to the sociopathic anti-social behavior of a large portion of Feluccans/PvP'ers.

When I PvP'd during UO's golden Era of PvP 1997-1999 the guys I ran with didn't go around killing blues. We didn't PK. There was no honor in it. We were all red and murderers but we didn't attack blue players on sight. We didn't go picking on the weak or the defenseless. Players we knew didn't want to fight or know how we left alone. We went looking for the guys that were looking for a fight.

We wanted to fight the guys that were out there PK'ing others. The guys that thought they were badasses.

That's why I'm against this nonsense of Champion Spawns promoting PvP. It makes absolutely no sense. Many of the players that go spawning just want the uo experience and a crack at a powerscroll popping in their pack and have no desire to engage in PvP.

Some changes can be made to help PvP in the short term by implementing some of the ideas in this thread.

Ultimately however the root of the problem lies with the current PvP system: largely devoid of skill, item dependent, creates an unlevel playing field via dismounting & special moves.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Whats the point for having POWERSCROLLS only in Felucca then?
I have absolutely no idea what the point of having powerscrolls in Felucca. Obviously whatever the point was it doesn’t appear to have worked. I certaintly don’t support having powerscrolls in Felucca and not Trammel.

Why not we just put POWERSCROLLS + SS everywhere in Trammel?
You got my vote! I’m all for it!
Honestly, lets just change FELUCCA INTO TRAMMEL.

I support consensual PvP. I don’t advocate or support content that lures people into situations where they’re not on a level playing field and have neither the ability or the desire to defend themselves.

Let me ask you something Slayer888…Why do you want to kill the weak and the innocent people who spawn?

Do you enjoy griefing other players and watching their hard work go down the tubes?

Why don’t you want to fight against the best and the strongest rather than fight against the weak players that very often show up at Champion Spawns?

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern USA
power scrolls are a felucca only item, learn to pvp or stay in tram, and yes although i almost never pvp anymore cause i got so bored of it, i agree with the OP change champ spawns some how to give more incentive to do them, i used to be able to spawn all day every day, its just boring now, but definitely do not ever allow scrolls to be dropped in tram, you all had 13+ years to learn how to pvp, not my fault if you didn't want to, there needs to be items in the game that you have to risk getting killed over to obtain
I don't know how people fight the same people for the same rewards day after day after day with no change in all these years either. The champs are all fel has and that is just a sad reality.

The other sad reality is the classic client, whether it's a popular opinion or not, is holding the game back. I do not even have the EC installed on my machine as I don't want to relearn the game. Looks are nothing. Content and play are everything. I don't want to give up my CC any more than the crazies that argue back and forth about it but I at least know that until it's gone the game can never move forward. Until the developers make EC only content it will never be adopted in the numbers needed to properly justify genuine development. The downward spiral continues...

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
The other sad reality is the classic client, whether it's a popular opinion or not, is holding the game back. I do not even have the EC installed on my machine as I don't want to relearn the game. Looks are nothing. Content and play are everything. I don't want to give up my CC any more than the crazies that argue back and forth about it but I at least know that until it's gone the game can never move forward. Until the developers make EC only content it will never be adopted in the numbers needed to properly justify genuine development. The downward spiral continues...
Absolutely agree and good to see a jurassic come out and say it!:D

You really should give Pinco's UI a go. I was a fan of UOKR and to me the EC client is still way too much like the 2D client. Perhaps the EC is not optimal for PvP but give it a try for PvM.

The Dev team really went out of it's way trying to make the EC look and feel like the 2D; so much so that now I'm mad and unhappy with the EC with the exception of the work Pinco has done.

I'm looking forward to these art upgrades!

C

Cloak&Dagger

Absolutely agree and good to see a jurassic come out and say it!:D

You really should give Pinco's UI a go. I was a fan of UOKR and to me the EC client is still way too much like the 2D client. Perhaps the EC is not optimal for PvP but give it a try for PvM.

The Dev team really went out of it's way trying to make the EC look and feel like the 2D; so much so that now I'm mad and unhappy with the EC with the exception of the work Pinco has done.

I'm looking forward to these art upgrades!
It does not remove the learning curve though. granted the learning curve for the UI is not that huge, but the game does play differently, no matter how you look at it. Like it is possible to PvP with it, but the timing just seems off, maybe not because it is but because people use visual and some use audio clues to let them know how things are progressing...and this is WAY different in the ec, so much so people think it is in fact broken (it very well might be, but there has been side by side comparisons that seem to show other wise, I simply try to adapt although it is very hard to do for magery for me when PvPing.)

Love Pincos work, hope the art updates are REAL updates, and I hope they actually try to progress the EC towards a working client, and eventually the only client. I know people hate me saying it, but no matter what the old client can not easily be updated to work efficiently enough to allow it to be maintained and still make progress on a new "better" client, and the server code.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
Cloak‡1993373 said:
Atl and Napa, no matter what time you do a spawn there is a fairly good chance you will get raided (atl has something like a 90% rate ALL day, I don't care what time you do it. And I have not really been around napa for about 4 or so months, but 4-5 months ago it was over 80% chance you were getting raided. And what I can assess from my current week or so playing semi regularly on there, it is not a lack of people checking per say, but more a "oh that faction has x amount of people so we won't raid them")

Just gave the highest population shard example, and a shard with a lower population, so don't tell me it happens on all shards guaranteed, it is not a matter of the time of day you do something, Luck is all it is.
Yes, you cannot guarantee the 100% even in populated shard. So meaning in low populated shards, its even worse. The farmers just continue to farm until they have 500 scrolls and transfer over to Atlantic to resell..

Good job for being Felucca as RISK VS REWARD ! LOL

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
@Slayer888

A crystal ball so you can monitor and see which spawns have activity across the entire felucca facet thereby making it even easier for you to kill players who have no idea how to PvP but just want a crack at a power scroll without having to pay millions. Good grief! You’re kidding me right!?:coco:
Madrid.

Again, why you need to protect those people WHO DO NOT HAVE THE HEART to PVP and FIGHT in FELUCCA?

There are trammel, Malas, t2a trammel, ishenlar, most of SA, trammel ML etc...

Why you still need to protect those type of farmers in FELUCCA?

How many times I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF. Now in most unpopulated shards especially, the farmers DO NOT GO FOR RISK VS REWARD 90% of the time. They go for HIDE AND SEEK = REWARD 90% of the time.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS POINT?

I am going to repeat AGAIN AND AGAIN..

If a coward have no incentive to PVP, even you make ORDER/CHAOS, he WONT be joining. It will end up like FACTION SYSTEM, they steal 7 sigils, get to rank 10 and then wear their faction armors back in TRAMMEL to farm or do HIDE AND SEEK to farm in FELUCCA.

LOL? If the system is implemented. EVERY SINGLE COWARDS will be KNOWING that once they DO SPAWN, there is HIGH HIGH HIGH chance someone will be raiding them.... so meaning its EASIER for me to kill them?

I AM CONFUSED by your words again....

If they know pks are coming, they got 2 options:-

1. dont do spawns
2. do spawns and prepare to fight, kill or die

But now...???? Now = hide and seek + PVM = reward!

Geez... you still dont understand... my goodness.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
I have absolutely no idea what the point of having powerscrolls in Felucca. Obviously whatever the point was it doesn’t appear to have worked. I certaintly don’t support having powerscrolls in Felucca and not Trammel.

You got my vote! I’m all for it!

I support consensual PvP. I don’t advocate or support content that lures people into situations where they’re not on a level playing field and have neither the ability or the desire to defend themselves.

Let me ask you something Slayer888…Why do you want to kill the weak and the innocent people who spawn?

Do you enjoy griefing other players and watching their hard work go down the tubes?

Why don’t you want to fight against the best and the strongest rather than fight against the weak players that very often show up at Champion Spawns?
Madrid.

You don't make sense again.

I am going to adjust your thinking first by showing you my reference:-

I am currently playing in ASUKA + FORMOSA

My chars in ASUKA as following:-

Ghost Mouse
Sib Re Teka
Death Traveller

Please go up to uo.com and check out those names under the faction section. I am almost always pvping the pvpers every single night after work there (in Hong Kong currently).

For Formosa, I have 20+ pvp chars there as well. You can create a newbie char and i will glady show you all the chars I've got here as well.

Then in your position, you're being biased.. You got biased opinion:-

You agree to the newbies able to PVM but unable to PVP to get FREE powerscrolls in Felucca. You believe in that they should get PS freely.

BUT AGAIN, THIS IS NOT THE CASE. DEVS make Felucca is to make it so that everyone get their REWARD with RISK. THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG FOR YOUR THINKING again.

2. Where in ONE WAY i say I want to kill innocents???????????????

By making crystal ball that can see the activities going on in each spawn meaning I want to kill innocents or weak people?

WHAT KIND OF THINKING and BELIEF you have here!

A.) By having crystal ball system implemented, every cowards who do spawn will understand that the risk is very high for working up spawns
B.) If they still decided to work up the spawns, meaning they are WELL prepared and expect that pkers would come for them
C.) If they decided NOT to go for the risk, then they wont do spawn

WHERE IN the ABOVE shows that I WANT TO KILL WEAK PEOPLE?

YES, If you say this, I dont need to say anything, because you say WEAK PEOPLE should NOT be get killed by STRONG people! My goodness.. so meaning if someone is stronger than me, I shouldnt be killed by him?

WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT Mr Madrid! MY GOODNESS!

You dont make sense again!

D.) WHAT DO YOU MEAN HARD WORK GO DOWN? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?????

Working up spawn is HARD WORK GO DOWN? So meaning they work up spawn and pkers shouldn't raid them??? and let them take all powerscrolls home freely just because they Work up their spawn HARD? LOL!!

Again doesnt make sense!!!

E.) If they dont have desire to defend themselves and SCARE TO DIE, then dont come to Felucca that belong to RISK VS REWARD place! My goodness... there are many lands that they could travel and have 95% more valuable items there!!!!!!

You dont make sense again!

So in conclusion:-

Your point = the following:-

1. Weaker people who work up the spawns shouldnt be raided at all
2. Weaker people who work up the spawns should take home freely PS
3. Stronger people who see weaker people doing spawn should not attack
4. Stronger people should not kill weaker people
5. Weaker people should continue to be weaker people because weaker people shouldn't try to defend themselves.... they should be ignored by stronger people...

GRRR you dont make sense DUDE!

Felucca = RISK VS REWARD

Hide and SEEK + PVM = REWARD = not really RISK VS REWARD

5% Luck

i think if you want to bring more sosarians to fel something must be put in place that spells severe consequences for being a red or an agressor. Right now there are no such consequences and with having 7 character slots available on 1 account now theres no disadvantage if your red never sees the light of trammel again.
See I think it the other way around. If you are defending a champ spawn and your not factions...or even if you are, you will end up red beyond your attepts to prevent it. Giving out more penlites from PvP is not the way you promote a playstyle.

I say Give out real pvp titles at the very least based on kill counts. After all the reds that we have have now a days are not truly murderers. They just like to PvP. There are no "sheep" left in any game really, every player knows the difference between fel and tram.

I say stop the penalties for PvP add a faction type point system in place of murder counts with tiered titles. Not so much faction items though they are kool but something to signify an achievement that shows a players counts as a status.

And let the pvpers(reds) back into the rest of the game!

C

Cloak&Dagger

Yes, you cannot guarantee the 100% even in populated shard. So meaning in low populated shards, its even worse. The farmers just continue to farm until they have 500 scrolls and transfer over to Atlantic to resell..

Good job for being Felucca as RISK VS REWARD ! LOL
This once again proves you only want to slaughter sheep, not PvP. Come on down off your high horse and quit pretending like you are asking for a PvP incentive change. Killing people who are most likely not going to fight back is not PvPing, I don't care what you think it simply isn't. Also I gave an example of a low population shard, I see you said nothing about that example now did you? Wanting it to be a 100% chance to raid someone is not a PvP incentive, it is a "I don't want anyone but me to have a chance".

Come up with an actual PvP incentive and maybe people will agree with you, till then stop acting like you want PvP and just tell everyone the truth.

C

Cloak&Dagger

See I think it the other way around. If you are defending a champ spawn and your not factions...or even if you are, you will end up red beyond your attepts to prevent it. Giving out more penlites from PvP is not the way you promote a playstyle.

I say Give out real pvp titles at the very least based on kill counts. After all the reds that we have have now a days are not truly murderers. They just like to PvP. There are no "sheep" left in any game really, every player knows the difference between fel and tram.

I say stop the penalties for PvP add a faction type point system in place of murder counts with tiered titles. Not so much faction items though they are kool but something to signify an achievement that shows a players counts as a status.

And let the pvpers(reds) back into the rest of the game!
I do not really agree with this, only to the extent that the suggestion was not to Promote PvP but to promote people to go to Fel. I have never gone red from defending a spawn, I only have a small group of 4...and only 1 of us has ever gone red during a champ spawn (but really he didn't have to he just likes the color), I am not saying there is not a good chance you will go red, just saying you do not have to while defending (if you are defending you are being attacked.)

No sheep comment, I will use an example relevant to myself, My wife had never been to fel before I took her to a champ spawn, she had never PvPed and had only played UO for maybe a year. What happened? Raided by a group of like 8, to say she was truly prepared to fight 8 people would be inaccurate. There are still some fully non-PvP players who go to fel to chance the powerscrolls, Just because they know what can happen does not make them any less sheep. (sheep being the definition of someone who does not know how to PvP well enough to defend themselves against even 1 player who does know how, let alone a group of them.)

He was trying to promote people to venture into Fel, I am not sure if his intent was to promote new people to PvP or just to go there, but if there was risk to being red like their use to be people might be inclined to not attack random people for no reason (the few non-PvP players who simply play in Fel to play there, I know its like a population of 8 but still.) People who go to Fel simply to watch, maybe because they wish to learn and watching is a good way to start (unless you know people who PvP then of course PvPing with them would be a better way to learn.) Saying people don't just murder people and they just like to "PvP" does not seem fully accurate from what I have seen of our Fellow "PvPers".

I am not against your idea for a title system for reds, I just do not agree with your assessment.

W

Woodsman

How many times I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF. Now in most unpopulated shards especially, the farmers DO NOT GO FOR RISK VS REWARD 90% of the time. They go for HIDE AND SEEK = REWARD 90% of the time.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS POINT?
The point you seem to be making is that the devs need to make it easier for PKers to go after farmers.

That doesn't fix PvP at all, not by a long shot. It's easy for the farmers so you want to make it easy for PKers to nail the farmers. While I don't care for the farmers, especially those scripting, all you're doing is trying to stop one hole in the dam by unplugging another.

W

Woodsman

These are some long term issues the devs should be looking at because I don't think the powerscrolls have worked either. I don't see random groups of people doing a few spawns for scrolls and then dropping off the radar - it seems like it's always the same group of people. It maybe different on other shards, who knows, but at this point in time it feels like a system that is not working and will never work.

I think there needs to be a serious look taken at something that will get people to actually PvP or at least give it a shot. The spawns are clearly not the answer. I like what the EMs on Baja have tried, but it needs to be backed up by the devs.

rareitem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 14, 2005
EUROPA
Well first I want to say that some people who doesnt like PvP is posting his opinion in this thread. Tbh if you dont like PvP, Why are you posting here?? This thread is totally out of your concern. I dont enter Trammel threads to say " I WANT TRAM OUT OF THIS GAME" I try to respect everyones playing style. is just a question of respect. Felucca has been always a Risk V Reward land and in my opinion it should stay as it is.

About PvP issues posted in previous posts:

Dismount: As its xploited in so many ways, maybe Devs should reconsider it.

Less item dependant and more skill based: I totally agree, and it leads to next point

Insurance: We are in Felucca so we have to face the fact that its a Risk v Reward facet

Faction system: It simply doesnt work , maybe we need a new guild based system?

Faction artifacts: They give a great advantage versus people not in factions so its been xploited.Not all people that likes PvP want to stay in Factions.

Faction rank point system : We all know how well its working we really need a new death/kill system.

Champ spawns last minute raids: I totally agree with people that thinks champ spawns are totally frustrating becasue of last minute raids, its totally unfair that people who worked a spawn up to champion spawn get raided and loose all chances to get a reward. And not becasue I think is unfair to get raided even on last minute, I think is unfair because as we all know its been extensibly xploited. I wouldnt mind to get raided on last minute time to time , but hell , the developers must understand that there are normal people that PLAY the game, and there are some powerplayers that 24/7 ABUSE the game mechanics to dominate the market. And this is a problem that should have been adressed long time ago.

And last one the well known issue that will never be fixed , hacking, scripting. But I dont worry about this becasue Im convinced that a good PvPer can beat a scripter.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
Cloak‡1993598 said:
This once again proves you only want to slaughter sheep, not PvP. Come on down off your high horse and quit pretending like you are asking for a PvP incentive change. Killing people who are most likely not going to fight back is not PvPing, I don't care what you think it simply isn't. Also I gave an example of a low population shard, I see you said nothing about that example now did you? Wanting it to be a 100% chance to raid someone is not a PvP incentive, it is a "I don't want anyone but me to have a chance".

Come up with an actual PvP incentive and maybe people will agree with you, till then stop acting like you want PvP and just tell everyone the truth.
Hi, please answer the following question:-

1. What is the difference between a huge pvp guild checking spawns 24/7 for killing innocents compare to my Crystal ball system implemented?

Honestly, I just wanted to guess that you probably is one of the people who DO SPAWNS silently so you want to DO THE SPAWN silently and pray for NO RISK at all to get the free ps and sell it off in high populated shard or on your shard.

Anyways!

I tell you the difference myself of the above question:-

a.) The huge pvp guild who check spawns 24/7 will be killing much more innocents and people who CANT fight back nor is willing to fight.

b.) Because those people (innocents) who doing spawn wouldnt be knowing the pvp guild be coming (like at lvl 4 or boss?)... they dont know

Based on the above 2 scenrios, I hope you could stand outside and look clearly the scenario. Don't be too stubborn and only have your OWN VIEW. It is not really helping the situation. It only shows that you're supporting that it is CORRECT to farm spawns secretly in Felucca without much risk.

Thus then, this makes FELUCCA NOT = risk vs reward

Look below for my crystal ball scenrio, which I have explained:-

a.) Since anyone who doing spawn will have expected a VERY VERY HIGH chance ppl will be raiding.

b.) If they STILL decided to do spawn, they still will continue to do and well prepare to fight, kill or die (in the progress, they learn also)

c.) If they decided that they are scare to die, they will be staying in trammel and not even bother to try.

ALRIGHT, please explain why my crystal ball systems will make me slaughter sheep? LOL

Why can't you look the other way around?

Can't it be the innocents united and do spawns together and learn to defend off pkers?

Can't it be they just stay in trammel and end up i got nothing to kill because of this?

WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TO THINK I WILL HAVE MORE SHEEPS TO KILL?

Why your stubborn opinion (closed minded) will still continue to think this type of logic!

OH MY GOoDness.

All I could say, if you guys couldn't accept this kind of system, meaning you guys are supporting cowards thus really not helping. You guys just dont want any challenges, any changes at all.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
The point you seem to be making is that the devs need to make it easier for PKers to go after farmers.

That doesn't fix PvP at all, not by a long shot. It's easy for the farmers so you want to make it easy for PKers to nail the farmers. While I don't care for the farmers, especially those scripting, all you're doing is trying to stop one hole in the dam by unplugging another.
No honestly, I have to be repeating myself AGAIN:-

1. If a person DO NOT have a heart to pvp and take the risk, WHY COME TO FELUCCA?
Q.) what stands for people who DO NOT have a heart to pvp?
A.) people who DO NOT have a heart to pvp means that they do not want to involve in any pvp activities either attacking people or attacked by people

2. Do we need these type of people in FELUCCA?

3. Do we want these type of people in FELUCCA?

4. Is these type of people REALLY helping with the Felucca pvp activities or champ spawn activities [since this topic is about REVAMP CHAMPS]

In my opinion, everyone first have to step outside and look at the whole scenario. The current situation in ALL shards (even populated) are as follow:-

a.) people who DO NOT have a heart to pvp work on spawns silently and pray for NO RISK for REWARD <-- is this intended for FELUCCA once again? If not intended, then lets just move PS back to Trammel.

b.) populated shard have huge pvp guilds searching spawn much more frequently, once they spot "innocents/sheeps" doing spawn, there will become 2 possibilities in below:-

b1.) they will raid and kill immediately and take over the spawn
b2.) they will wait til lvl 4 or boss and raid; which really answered the concern for many people in the above discussion that their maybe 30mins hard work down in the tube.
b3.) doesnt this make killing sheeps more obvious and more dreadful compare to my idea once again? YES!

My idea MAYBE will not (but who knows?) improve PVP incentives, but the current situation now is having innocents/sheeps working spawns silently or stealing sigils silently are having good pvp incentives???????? LOL

Honestly, this topic is about REVAMP CHAMPS not about pvp incentives.

Having innocents come over to work spawn silently is improving pvp incentives???

Kind of ironic isnt it? STEP OUTSIDE AND THINK CAREFULLY.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
These are some long term issues the devs should be looking at because I don't think the powerscrolls have worked either. I don't see random groups of people doing a few spawns for scrolls and then dropping off the radar - it seems like it's always the same group of people. It maybe different on other shards, who knows, but at this point in time it feels like a system that is not working and will never work.

I think there needs to be a serious look taken at something that will get people to actually PvP or at least give it a shot. The spawns are clearly not the answer. I like what the EMs on Baja have tried, but it needs to be backed up by the devs.
Not sure which shard you're speaking... but current situation in most unpopulated shard is people (which you call them sheeps or innocents) are the only focused group who work spawns silently non stop.

Again, step outside and rethink again for my proposal. Its really better than the current system in the very least. Below is my supporting and my idea:-

My idea: have crystal balls of each spawn shown in maybe 1 of the bank (luna, britain, whatever)

a.) color will be normal when spawn is not opened
b.) color will be blue when spawn is opened (but stil lvl 1)
c.) color will be red when spawn reached lvl 2
d.) color will stay SAME as RED when spawn at lvl 3 and lvl 4 or even boss
e.) color will be blue when spawn is back to lvl 1

Advantage of this:-

a.) encourage people (innocents/sheeps) to go for risk VS reward. If they are still willing to do the spawn, they expect to get raided. In this logic, we can understand that they are prepared to be raided and will fight, run, kill or die. They have taken this option themselves

b.) encourage people of good debate and arguement; thus possibilities of making blues united for fighting off spawn (for reference, please refer to Hokuto, Asuka); this is one of the shards that have this type of situation where the blues united up together and fend off the reds (like us). We cannot say these blues are sheeps because there are times they die, but there are times we die.

c.) stop the belief of FARMERS really only be FARMERS. We've got farmers for ingots, for artifacts, resources, etc.... we really DO NOT want farmers with almost 0% risk in the ONLY "RISK VS REWARD" land

I will stop here first and let you guys step outside and think the picture more clearly.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Well first I want to say that some people who doesnt like PvP is posting his opinion in this thread. Tbh if you dont like PvP, Why are you posting here?? This thread is totally out of your concern. I dont enter Trammel threads to say " I WANT TRAM OUT OF THIS GAME" I try to respect everyones playing style. is just a question of respect.
If your referring to me I don't like PvP and I stated the reasons. If PvP was like it was in 1997-1999 I would be out there.

Dismount needs to be removed.
Special Moves need to be removed.
Pets should not be involved.
Should be able to recall anywhere anytime.
Chaos/Order should system should be incorportated back in the game.

Felucca has been always a Risk V Reward land and in my opinion it should stay as it is.
It never should have been risk vs. reward to begin with that's why you have people arguing.

There was plenty of PvP action before Powerscrolls were ever introducted. When I PvP'd 24/7 during the first few years of UO there weren't any powerscrolls and people were still wanting to PvP because the PvP system was 'good'.

Friends and enemies would gather in groups and duel one another on a regular basis if there was nothing going on. There were PvP tournaments 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3 etc.

Those days are long gone because of introduction of dismount, special moves. pets, inability to recall. These implementations have been and will continue to be a bane to the PvP system.

You guys need to get this risk vs. reward out of your heads. If you were around back in the good ole' days you'd understand what I'm talking about. I'm sorry you missed it.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2009
No honestly, I have to be repeating myself AGAIN:-

1. If a person DO NOT have a heart to pvp and take the risk, WHY COME TO FELUCCA?
Q.) what stands for people who DO NOT have a heart to pvp?
A.) people who DO NOT have a heart to pvp means that they do not want to involve in any pvp activities either attacking people or attacked by people

2. Do we need these type of people in FELUCCA?

3. Do we want these type of people in FELUCCA?

4. Is these type of people REALLY helping with the Felucca pvp activities or champ spawn activities [since this topic is about REVAMP CHAMPS]

In my opinion, everyone first have to step outside and look at the whole scenario. The current situation in ALL shards (even populated) are as follow:-

a.) people who DO NOT have a heart to pvp work on spawns silently and pray for NO RISK for REWARD <-- is this intended for FELUCCA once again? If not intended, then lets just move PS back to Trammel.

b.) populated shard have huge pvp guilds searching spawn much more frequently, once they spot "innocents/sheeps" doing spawn, there will become 2 possibilities in below:-

b1.) they will raid and kill immediately and take over the spawn
b2.) they will wait til lvl 4 or boss and raid; which really answered the concern for many people in the above discussion that their maybe 30mins hard work down in the tube.
b3.) doesnt this make killing sheeps more obvious and more dreadful compare to my idea once again? YES!

My idea MAYBE will not (but who knows?) improve PVP incentives, but the current situation now is having innocents/sheeps working spawns silently or stealing sigils silently are having good pvp incentives???????? LOL

Honestly, this topic is about REVAMP CHAMPS not about pvp incentives.

Having innocents come over to work spawn silently is improving pvp incentives???

Kind of ironic isnt it? STEP OUTSIDE AND THINK CAREFULLY.
To me it seems you have a very big personal problem with people that do not want to pvp but want to get some powerscrolls or items from primeval lich or abyssal infernal. Does it hurt you if others are getting some stuff?
More people doing champs and lowering prices for ps is what is needed for the game to get more players back and make them stay.
Thats why your crystal ball idea is horrible, powerscrolls would be in the hands of the big guilds again. There was a reason the devs removed the ghost cams. Now you want them back.

If you want more pvp, look at the general behaviour of the fel population (general chat, em events ) . One reason why i do not want to pvp is because i do not want to deal with that sort of people at all.
Why its perfectly legal in fel to raid someone when champ is already half dead, i consider it also perfectly lame. If you just wanted to kill the person, you could do that earlier.But then you would have to work for the scrolls.

5% Luck

One reason why i do not want to pvp is because i do not want to deal with that sort of people at all.
I wonder if it bothers you at all that the PvPers would rather hunt players that feel this way then any other type?

Honestly if you feel this way you are making it worse. Or better IDK how to put it plainly enough for you but yea X marks the spot!

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 28, 2008
To me it seems you have a very big personal problem with people that do not want to pvp but want to get some powerscrolls or items from primeval lich or abyssal infernal. Does it hurt you if others are getting some stuff?
More people doing champs and lowering prices for ps is what is needed for the game to get more players back and make them stay.
Thats why your crystal ball idea is horrible, powerscrolls would be in the hands of the big guilds again. There was a reason the devs removed the ghost cams. Now you want them back.

If you want more pvp, look at the general behaviour of the fel population (general chat, em events ) . One reason why i do not want to pvp is because i do not want to deal with that sort of people at all.
Why its perfectly legal in fel to raid someone when champ is already half dead, i consider it also perfectly lame. If you just wanted to kill the person, you could do that earlier.But then you would have to work for the scrolls.
You already answered your question with your own greed:-

You do not want to pvp, but you want a piece of cake in a RISK VS REWARD land without much risk... way to go.

As for big guilds controlling the ps again, urg..., so in your opinion if anyone can do PS then big guilds cannot be controlling PS?

Like many people been stating in populated shard 80-90% chance, innocents do spawn = get raided??
Complicated.... isnt it?

So meaning isnt it that the big guild still controlling in this case?? Huh?

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2009
You already answered your question with your own greed:-

You do not want to pvp, but you want a piece of cake in a RISK VS REWARD land without much risk... way to go.

As for big guilds controlling the ps again, urg..., so in your opinion if anyone can do PS then big guilds cannot be controlling PS?

Like many people been stating in populated shard 80-90% chance, innocents do spawn = get raided??
Complicated.... isnt it?

So meaning isnt it that the big guild still controlling in this case?? Huh?
Think you call the wrong person greedy here. I only do fel spawns now and then because i like to hunt for my own items. And im certainly not out to take stuff away from others.

And risk vs reward in fel, haha. Most you can lose is some pots, a small amount of gold and some time. If you really wanted some risk for yourself, you would play siege or mugen.

More people getting 120 scrolls means lower prices for these. And that is needed to make new players stay and enables them to catch up to the veterans and not quitting because of frustration. And new players is what is needed most in this game.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2009
I wonder if it bothers you at all that the PvPers would rather hunt players that feel this way then any other type?

Honestly if you feel this way you are making it worse. Or better IDK how to put it plainly enough for you but yea X marks the spot!
Nothing to fear here. Most of them are to busy pancakes at each other in gen chat.
If you go to fel on a pvm char, you are a target. The big X doesnt make things different.

W

Woodsman

Well first I want to say that some people who doesnt like PvP is posting his opinion in this thread. Tbh if you dont like PvP, Why are you posting here?? This thread is totally out of your concern.
I think people should discuss it when the ideas could affect non-PvPers. Look at how many times changes meant to help one playstyle affect another.
Insurance: We are in Felucca so we have to face the fact that its a Risk v Reward facet
As much as I'd like to see insurance removed and Fel become truly risky, it's just not going to happen.

Madrid has a point about the old days not being risk vs reward, but those are the old days, and they are long gone.
Faction system: It simply doesnt work , maybe we need a new guild based system?
It could work if there was a lot more of a reward for players to put a lot more effort into Faction-based PvP. See the EVE Online sovereignty stuff I discussed early. If an overhaul was done properly, much of the PvP within UO would probably occur within the Faction system. Obviously the PKers looking for easy kills would avoid such a system, but I think such a system might provide an incentive for more people to get involved.

Factions as they stand, plus spawns/powerscrolls, etc. are simply not providing a good reason for many people to PvP.

I just don't know if there are enough people left to even consider such an overhaul.

W

Woodsman

You keep talking about risk, but there is very little risk in Fel, at least on shards with item insurance. Many of us would have to be killed several times a day for several months in a row before our bank boxes started looking a little empty.

Your solution of bringing back the ghost cams is not going to fix the risk/reward issue and is not going to fix PvP. You complain about large guilds being able to have the manpower to control/raid the spawns, but the ghost cams made it a lot easier for them.

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 28, 2008
I don't see what's the problem to make more champ spawns for bored people. Maybe make them randomly show up in 4-5 pre-destined places and you have to search for them? This game is too easy for most especially those who travel in groups.

rareitem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 14, 2005
EUROPA
If your referring to me I don't like PvP and I stated the reasons.
I wasnt refering to you. You do like PvP, you just dont like the way its implemented atm.

And about Risk V Reward before PS and insurance era, do you think that going out guard zone wasnt risk? wasnt risk to loose all your stuff?
I recon it was totally diferent play system ofc since they implemented the stupid item based , and then insurance, etc, etc, I miss first years of UO the same way you do.

We all had to adapt, and we have to face the present situation, all I Im asking for from Devs is a consistent solution for PvP, or at least something that make people play PvP again.

Btw for those saying that Pvpers are a minotiry in this game the thread had 800+ views in just 3 days. Maybe we are a minority but it is evident that the topic has a wide interest.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2009
So, more uber items in Fel? No thanks.

That carrot hasn't worked yet and has only helped to unbalance the economy.
What are you talking about? Stat scrolls are now the only single item in the entire game that you get in fel only, powerscrolls you can now get in tram up to 110 and stick them in a book to get 120.

so 99.99% of items in trammel, and this one item in fel

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Not sure which shard you're speaking... but current situation in most unpopulated shard is people (which you call them sheeps or innocents) are the only focused group who work spawns silently non stop.

Again, step outside and rethink again for my proposal. Its really better than the current system in the very least. Below is my supporting and my idea:-

My idea: have crystal balls of each spawn shown in maybe 1 of the bank (luna, britain, whatever)

a.) color will be normal when spawn is not opened
b.) color will be blue when spawn is opened (but stil lvl 1)
c.) color will be red when spawn reached lvl 2
d.) color will stay SAME as RED when spawn at lvl 3 and lvl 4 or even boss
e.) color will be blue when spawn is back to lvl 1

Advantage of this:-

a.) encourage people (innocents/sheeps) to go for risk VS reward. If they are still willing to do the spawn, they expect to get raided. In this logic, we can understand that they are prepared to be raided and will fight, run, kill or die. They have taken this option themselves

b.) encourage people of good debate and arguement; thus possibilities of making blues united for fighting off spawn (for reference, please refer to Hokuto, Asuka); this is one of the shards that have this type of situation where the blues united up together and fend off the reds (like us). We cannot say these blues are sheeps because there are times they die, but there are times we die.

c.) stop the belief of FARMERS really only be FARMERS. We've got farmers for ingots, for artifacts, resources, etc.... we really DO NOT want farmers with almost 0% risk in the ONLY "RISK VS REWARD" land

I will stop here first and let you guys step outside and think the picture more clearly.

Ummm...no. Come to Fel, expect to die. Spawn, expect to loose it and be glad the times you don't.

I, among many many others, promise you this. If you are in Fel and are not in my guild, faction or alliance...I am going to attempt to kill you. That is one aspect of Fel that you can always count on...period.

Brutal, but also true in many parts of the real world today.

Z

Zyon Rockler

Some of the problems with Champ Spawns was that they made it a Fel only thing for PS and Stats. Another thing was the change to PvP. Champs were fun when we worked together on them but then became more of a control issue.

You can't go and do a Champ Spawn in Fel to get the reward unless you PvP. So, you're no longer doing a Champ Spawn, you're PvP'ing. This means if you go to do a Champ Spawn, you're not doing a Champ Spawn at all.

So, what happened is the Champ Spawns became boring. If you already have the PS and the Stat, now what do you go for? They need a much better Champ Spawn System.

I think if they created a Champ Spawn in Trammel that was Ego driven, like an experiment, you might see PvP types moving into these spawns.

An example would be: Using character copy to take the players on the shard based on skill and having them spawn in the Champ.

So, you would have low level players appear first and work up to the ultimate player as a Boss. Maybe you could get like an item in your pack saying, I killed So and So or some type of title, similar to what you would do with Arenas.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I believe a majority of persons in this thread missed the whole point. The point was to introduce something that would liven the PVP in felluca while there is still a bit of summer left. If one cannot realize that adding something like a +30 stat scroll (which I think is an awesome idea) would not have the slightest game altering effects but create a mad PVP frenzy then you should have just avoided this thread.

Furthermore, for all of those who are vehemently against this idea: toughen up. I've seen many guilds who have more PVM oriented players that are key to their success. For any harrower to be successful, there usually has to be several PVM characters present to kill it. This includes tamers and bards. So, why don't you go get your sensitive, friendly, out-going behinds out there and make a friend or two with these dreadful players in fell and see if you can lend a hand. Geeze. :eyes: