• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Items need to break!!

G

I don't, because you had to waste 100 points into hiding to keep from being pked when you were mining.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And I would just like to add, a lot of the stuff that's currently happening to the game is because we're stuck in that upwards spiral. There's lots of talk about temporary fixes, but hardly any talk about fixing the game's bigger picture, and unless people start to realize that, we'll just make the oncomming years of UO a lot harder on ourselves. We'll only be expecting more, better and faster, and frankly, that's becomming pretty boring...

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

Why am I explaining the current t-hunting problems in a thread about items breaking / not breaking? There are a couple of reasons...

Loot in t-chests "sucks" because the properties on the loot cannot be compared to the stuff people wear on their characters right now. Thus, saying it "sucks" is purely in the eye of the beholder, it's not true, but caused because people expect a certain standard nowadays. That standard has been continuously increasing since the AoS implementation...

BRSK material creates the best armor available. When I was t-hunting 5 years ago, I could sell off my loot on a vendor to other players and make a living because BRSK armor was rare. Now we're 5 years further into the future, BRSK armor is fairly common due to duping and simply because of the fact that people had the chance to gather BODs for five years. However, when I dig up a t-chest, the loot is still the same as it was five years ago, but now, I can't compete with BRSK armor anymore, mod-wise, and price-wise...

The niche the middle market had in this game has mostly disappeared due to the high end section availability and demand. Just look at the new runic changes. The fact that spined kits and horned kits produce such high end stuff now. The fact that PvM'ers and t-hunters like me complain about loot properties. The cry for ever more powerfull arties and rewards...

We're in an upwards spiral, and we're never getting out, unless something gets done...

That's where item breakage comes in...

Everything affects everything in this game, it's all tied together, it's not simply a "remove insurance and let items break" thing, it's far bigger. The fact that armor and weapons never leave the game causes market saturation, the martket saturation creates an influx in prices and expected item standards, the influx in prices and expected item standards causes t-maps to be not worth doing, people stop being t-hunters, or worse, leave the game...

This can be applied to all kinds of player carreers and playstyles, not just t-hunting. It's but one example...

Think about it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said sir. Thus Items need to break. I have alot invested into my PvP suits also and I realize this. If it was for the better good of the game let them break.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ok, after pub 16 OSI and or EA changed this game forever with evolution of doom, runics, and enhancement there is no way to revert it. this thread is one of the dumbest things i have ever read past the second response.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not often do I agree with six but this particular time his words are golden.