• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Items need to break!!

L

luners

I hate OP's ideas.
Items shouldn't break.
If items break, weapons, suits, and accessories which you want should be able to be created.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Losing a single piece of armor in a suit would result in having to completely rebuild the suit if you couldn't replace the lost piece with one exactly like it....

[/ QUOTE ]

So?

I believe that's his point. Get over your pixels and play the game. If you have to replace the whole suit...so be it...replace it...la

[/ QUOTE ]

Those pixels have taken some years to acquire. Suits that are carefully crafted over years of collecting. Your ideals are warped.....lame

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Items need to break!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Some day, when crafters are capable of tailoring item properties to easily create EXACT DUPLICATES of artifacts and high-end loot, so that items can be replaced as easily as they were pre-AOS, then perhaps items should break. Until then, NO.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I've made several posts on the subject. I wholly support item breakage, as long as you can CUSTOMIZE what it is you need to replace. Arties, jewels, armor....all customizable and crafted, using ingredients with different properties (not just ingredients...parts if you will), that could be collected through various means.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

In a game so centric around items, you cannot have item breakage. End of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much spot on there.

Who do you thank for that? I'll give you a hint, 2003/4.

THe problem is the future developers after the original team didn't design with logic. They just added "cool" things. Insurance? How do you explain things staying on your body "magically". Even magic in Ultima has an almost scientific basis behind it. It makes sense. It isn't just "magic".

Either way, not much can be done now unfortunately.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Items need to break!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Some day, when crafters are capable of tailoring item properties to easily create EXACT DUPLICATES of artifacts and high-end loot, so that items can be replaced as easily as they were pre-AOS, then perhaps items should break. Until then, NO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being able to set properties could be the worst thing you can do to the game. and you people wonder why people want a "classic" shard.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you wonder why it will NEVER happen. *shakes head*

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I think it would be cool if monsters dropped loot with an "item property number" that once "enhanced" by a crafter with GM item id... can customize the properties obtained by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My suggestion was to have ALL creatures drop ingredients, or parts, not just peerless. These different components would have different properties, such as mana regen, resists, etc.

Then items would decay through use, not loss. Insurance still works. It's a gold sink. This is good. But, your crafter would actually be a crafter, not a mule. And said crafters could sell these wares, or of course if you have your own, at least you would be crafting with them. Replacing armor sets worn out over time. This way, it takes away the terrible random number generator, lottery aspect of UO and gives actual meaning to crafting.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I find it rather ironic that someone that plays a thief would call someone else selfish.....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

pwnd!

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know why your arguing with connor about it. He is disagreeing with the OP's idea of item decay in todays UO. IT WOULD NOT WORK. Nobody will accept it if they have to spend 3 years replacing suits every few weeks.

I think EVERYONE would accept it more, if crafting were made customizable. And hunters would gather parts and ingredients for said customizations. Item decay worked pre AoS because things were easily replaced, for the most part.

G

Heres my imput.

In the old days, there was basic armor, and basic weapons, best weapons being Vanq. All were easy to replace....

Now these days, everything worth owning or having in a decent suit pvp or pvm wise costs alot of gold. Talking millions. Now I don't know about you guys, but I don't sit online and farm gold all day long, don't have the time, and if i did I wouldn't have the interest. So when I do bite the bullet and spend gold on these expensive artis, and runic hammers. I need them to last, otherwise it wouldn't be worth my investment and time spent to collect and gather high end armor or weapons.

G

And you think with the runic changes that our items wont become "basic" gear?

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I find it rather ironic that someone that plays a thief would call someone else selfish.....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

pwnd!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really... it's called a ROLE-PLAYING GAME.

G

When I can get a Val Runic Hammer for under a mill.. Then break away. But all the ones I see for sell go for 20-30mill. And the one and only val hammer I ever used only yeilded maybe 4-5 overall decent weapons. So when the hammer and barbed kits grow on trees, and doom artis drop to a few 100k each on the ones worth having. Then maybe you can start emplementing a plan to break my gear.. But not until then. Back in the day all you merely needed to do was go mine some ingots, or kill some cows. It's not quite that easy to get good gear these days.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I feel every item needs to break sometime and get replaced. back pre aos items broke all the time. there was always a demand for weaps and armors not to simply upgrade and throw the old piece on a vendor or box like it is now. And with POF items unless coded otherwise are basicly indestructible.

[/ QUOTE ]
The reason that worked is because the items could be easily replaced. Until we have the capacity for our crafters to replace items then item decay and breaking will only further ruin the game.

I

imported_Electrolyte

<blockquote><hr>

I have to agree with the OP.
Everything should break. Everything also should be easier for adventurers hunting and/or crafters crafting to get so that an item breaking doesn't stop the game for that person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to go with Flutter on this one... however I think we are looking at two different issues here (even if they are closely linked, they are still different)

crafting needs A LOT more control over what mods are added to what is being made before we can even come close to a place where we can consider insurance to be a sometimes thing, or POF being a rarely used item... if we can get to that point, then I totally agree that items should break at some point...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nobody will accept it if they have to spend 3 years replacing suits every few weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eventually everyones suits will degrade to a lower level with easier to replace parts, but honestly I would just remove insurance. That way you can wear good suits in tram (cause really even in dangerous places you can get back to your stuff before it decays, and if you can't bring a friend to res) and pvp in fel would end up less item based.

I also am for the ingredients for all properties skill based crafting rather than runic based. I wouldn't let people make uber junk with much luck, but good stuff, to make a decent suit/weps, leaving the upper level stuff to pvm.

M

Masumatek

You're on to something...

HRmmmm. If the devs tried to outright destroy everyone's uber items...the carebears of today's UO (including most trammel, fel, and Siege players) would quit...so we need to trick them. Set item decay on high...while slowly dumbing down monster loot/runics/arties/etc...getting rid of the item-based system. Before they realize what happened all their uber items will be decayed and we'll haven no more of this item nonsense! Excellent!

No but really, items should break. Insurance shouldn't exist. Neither is going to happen since too few care what's good for the game.

M

midiguru

Item breakage, Made to order item creation, faltering UO economy?!?! Give me a break people.

Most if not all of us have multiple multiple characters. It can takes weeks, months, even years to suit them up and more often than not the suits evolve over time better mods / resist items are crafted, looted, sold, or yes sometimes even broken. With these types of changes you'd be forced to spend all your time resuiting your different characters and no time playing the game.

I'm not quite sure the OP had any real vision other than to complain for the sake of complaining. He states the economy would be better if items broke? I'm not quite clear on how items breaking would effect the economy at all. My crafter has made over 100 million in the past 3 months just crafting runic weapons and armor and selling them in Luna. I only casually play my crafter too as i gm/legendaryed all those skills years ago. If i can make that kind of money casually crafting and dropping my items off in Luna while i go about actually "playing" the game i'd have to say the economy seems to be working just fine. Keep in mind that that is money i made solely with my crafter selling goods in Luna. I made plenty more buying/selling and hunting to go on top of that. The economy isn't broken. It's quite easy to make money with a crafter the way things are right now.

Did all you people who want item breakage even think before you type. I'd be willing to bet everyone in this discussion has maxed out crafters. If stuff broke all the time i wouldn't turn to any of you and boost your UO economic situation. I'd turn to myself and make everything on my own. At least with the way things are i'm inclined to buy other crafters items cause i know if it's a nice piece i need it will last if i take care of it. With items always breaking i would just always make all my chars suits with "MY" crafter. "YOUR" crafter wouldn't ever see a single gp of my money. The way it is now you have a better chance of having me buy your goods then with a items always break senario.

If you want to make money as a crafter the oppoturnity is there you just have to be smart enough to fill a niche and stock your vendors. Let me sum this up for those of you too dense or not interested in reading.

If you can't make money now as a crafter you have absouletly zero chance of making money in a all items break senario. In that senario every player turns to their "OWN" crafter not to "YOURS"

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose if I horded all of the items I had ever stolen you would have a good point. Since I never have...you don't...la

K

Kith Kanan

if you dont like your items and want em to break , trow em on the ground....its not that hard , I like mine and would rather keep em.... some of em have been stupid hard to get

G

And if they were to break, what then? Then you'd have to go try and get replacements. Isn't that part of the fun of the game? It seems like many in this thread actually think you can win UO...la

G

You have a point. As stated by the "carebears" here. Items need to break or go soulbound end of story. What I am trying to do is Turn UO back into The MMO its was suposed to be not the single player game the posters here want it to be. Always cryin for more pixel crack and to dumb down the game to make it as stupid as the sims or 2nd life. UO used to be challenging at one point. Used to be full of risk and rewards, adventure and danger around every corner.

I have a mage suit that is 12mr, 40 lmc, 100 lrc, 45dci,32 hci, +various other mods hp inc,manna inc, resists are 68,83,70,85,70. didnt take long to put together at all. and I wouldnt mind one bit if any item broke.

my red mage his suit is almost the same. didnt take long to put together maby 3 days, and I wouldnt mind if a piece of that broke.

my dexer has a nice dexer suit geared for PvP I wouldnt mind if a piece broke either,

my tamer has 1485luck, 36lmc, 100lrc, 8 MR, all resists are 60'S+ and I wouldnt mind one bit if a piece broke sometime down the road witch is doubtful cause i hardly get hit whit this guy.

I understand everything is replaceable and with the hordes of items now coming into game its even more easy.

When I can get barbed kits for 1 -1.2m a piece its not a big investment anymore.

This game is a MMO. We need to interact with our crafters again. True everyone has crafters. But your not always gonna make what you need. if your too cheap to buy from another player its not our problem and the game shouldnt be centered around a players greed in the first place and thats basicly what has happend since 2000.

G

"single player" "pixel crack" "the sims" "risk and rewards"

You are just missing "GOD MODE" &amp; "handed everything on a platter" and you would have the complete cliche set! Collect them all!

You can take your carebear finger waggling and shove it. Fel nor tram nor frooshies nor trammies have nothing to do with the fact the game is no longer capable of support item decay and breaking like it once was much to the dismay of all the Siege-minded players that have joined in to yet another thread that has nearly no impact on them.

It's amusing that the same people have said the same mindless dribble for over half a decade about items and the only thing that ever came about it was items that cannot be repaired that noone uses. Oh sorry, noone but the 4 people that think they are cool. Ooops..thought they were cool. They broke. Thanks for those by the way.

The elite group of people who want to play UO walking uphill in the snow both-ways to brit with no shoes on is not the majority and this idea that you can have items decay and break without a DRASTIC change to the crafting system is just plain dense.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ou are just missing "GOD MODE" &amp; "handed everything on a platter"

[/ QUOTE ]

But Isnt that what has happend over the last 6 months? I mean with the doom changes and Bod/runic changes not including what has happened in the last 5 years or so? I didnt mention that as I figured any idiot would know that.

M

midiguru

Dude i'm not quite sure what you don't understand about your own senario. I do know that there are holes the size of an elephant in your terribly concocted ideas. If this were to happen ye olde days of UO lore wouldn't return.

It would be even worse everyone who has played UO for any real amount of time either has a maxed out crafter or knows someone well enough that does that ALL buying/selling of weps/armor would plummet. You try to shake it off by throwing in one line about they couldn't always make what they need???? Do you seriously even read what you type? If this guaranteed decay did exist crafters would 100% make what they wanted and needed or would repeat the process over and over until they did. There would be no incentive to buy your crappy crafters goods when i can just as easily make my own that are probably better than yours and have my crafters name on them!

Then you talk about soulbinding or some dribble while at the same time claiming you want to help the economy?!? Good lord man how do items that you either use or trash gonna help the economy? You don't make much sense. Most of us can see that and when your called out on your nonsense you resort to calling people carebears and typing in your suits mods and acting like you don't care if you lose them.

Here is what "YOU" can do. Uninsure your suits and don't repair them. When you have nothing left you can replace them. When that suit is lost in about 30 minutes when you get pwned hard you can replace that suit. Then when you get pwned even harder the next time you can go replace that suit. Do i really need to continue? Your idea is poorly thought out and pretty much stupid. Why isn't this in the rants section yet?

C

Connor_Graham

"if your too cheap to buy from another player"

Being "too cheap" has nothing to do with it. A good number of players would prefer to EARN their suits rather than spend multi millions to an overpriced Luna vendor who thinks even a crap piece of armor is worth 250k, and if a piece has 1MR on it, it's automatically worth 5mil or more.

Who has more pride in their accomplishment of putting together that perfect suit, the one that earned and enhanced every piece they have, or the one that dumped a bunch of gold on an overpriced vendor?

Not everyone has the millions required to buy Bkits or runic hammers to burn, hoping the RNG graces them before they've had to dump 20mil or more.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ou are just missing "GOD MODE" &amp; "handed everything on a platter"

[/ QUOTE ]

But Isnt that what has happend over the last 6 months? I mean with the doom changes and Bod/runic changes not including what has happened in the last 5 years or so? I didnt mention that as I figured any idiot would know that.

[/ QUOTE ]
*shrugs*
I figured any idiot would know you couldn't have decay &amp; breakage without a bunch of other changes but here we are.

G

Earn? Wouldn't purchasing a peice of armor with gold you got from killing monsters be able to be looked at as "earning"? Hell, I look at the loot I steal as loot I've "earned"...la

G

Yes I have earned my Gold SO if I buy something I have earned it. Items need to break! Not quickly but some time even artifacts. there needs to be a cycle a balance between items comming in either made or spawned and going out. Just like gold where there needs to be some balance as to gold being spawned vs leaving the game. Witch is why WoW has a soulbound system to keep items in check to some degree. I didnt ask for easy artifacts,runic's,runic gear, better monster loot, now that they made it available what fun is the game when your 2 hit killing things or chaining peerless exc.exc.? Who knows with SA the major crafting changes they have in store? Items breaking may be a nonfactor.

C

Connor_Graham

"Items need to break!"

I still haven't seen any good reason for this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"Items need to break!"

I still haven't seen any good reason for this.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean because a handful of people think it should isn't enough for you either? Hmmph...some people just don't understand that a small minority of the people that play this game really know whats best for it in the long run and the majority of us that are having fun and enjoying ourselves are in denial that things needs to be changed to meet their idea of how the game should be.

M

mdacc#one

Items shouldnt break, why do you people continuing want to make this game like every other game? A great aspect of this game is trading. If you make the items soulbound then that would take away one of the greatest aspects of this game. Many players take years to perfect their gear, and we replace them each time we get another piece that takes us closer to the final ideal product. And eventualy completing that suit is something to be proud of.

G

Nah, we jjust see many of the hangers on as a group that will accept anything the devs give you. We on the other hand actually are looking at a way to have the game increase in population. We aren't just thinking of our own fun, much like many of you do...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nah, we jjust see many of the hangers on as a group that will accept anything the devs give you. We on the other hand actually are looking at a way to have the game increase in population. We aren't just thinking of our own fun, much like many of you do...la

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said I couldnt agree more I dont want my items to break just like everyone else but they need to.

A

Ah Beng

Nope. Item decay/breakage, doing away with insurance, allowing pets to permanently die, spellbooks to be destroyed, etc, is bad news for the survival of UO.

While some of you advocates of such ideas have positive intentions for the good of UO, you fail to realize that this harks back to the reason why many who originally loved UO, quit UO in disgust back in the days without insurance.

Which is :
In such a world (where items break, pets die and no insurance exists), the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Insurance and the like (including item non-breakage) is to protect the man-in-the-street. Without these (as was the case in the old days of UO), the evil and powerful pk gangs cause much grief to the innocent, poor man-on-the-street who cannot afford to easily replace their items.

As to those who of you who (again with good intentions) say, "make it such that godly artifacts that put the doom arties to shame can be crafted easily", or those who say, "make it such that crafters can control the attributes and design their own artifacts, without limit", then in such a scenario, which I'm *not* against, but am neutral about, then perhaps it would be akin to making all shards like Test Center, where you can 'set' your skill values, weapon mods, etc.

Type :
"Set HCI 45"
"Set DCI 45"
"Set HPR 18"
"Set LMC 40"
"Set LRC 100"
"Set HPI 25"
"Set HLD 65"
"Set FC 4"
"Set FCR 6"
"Set Luck 1000"
"Set Hit Lightning 50"
etc.

To many, this would be absurd. Yet, many will also appreciate that because the endgame of UO is pvp, basically what everyone wants is to set one's attributes to the max, and only then, be able to REALLY START PLAYING UO.

So in conclusion, for the long-term good and survival of UO, either :

1) Do not touch item non-breakage, insurance, etc.
OR
2) Allow crafters to design and effortlessly craft insane artifacts that would put Doom arties to shame, and/or allow all Doom arties to drop from mongbats and everything, and/or allow everyone to set all their attributes and mods like on Test Center.

I'm fine with either option above.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Okay...so umm...

Spellbooks (especially the new ones with mods) should eventually get waterlogged, sun-dried, or dog-eared to death.

Pets (even bonded ones) can just grow old and die, and umm...while we're at it let's set their skills to decay and shift like players' used to before you could turn them up, down or lock. That way if you're just using your dragon's breath the whole time on the other side of the fence- it loses melee skill.

- Hec

[/ QUOTE ]

Great ideas! This is EXACTLY the kind of stuff we need. I know your trying to be sarcastic but this IS it!

[/ QUOTE ]

K

Karthcove

<blockquote><hr>

Nope. Item decay/breakage, doing away with insurance, allowing pets to permanently die, spellbooks to be destroyed, etc, is bad news for the survival of UO.

While some of you advocates of such ideas have positive intentions for the good of UO, you fail to realize that this harks back to the reason why many who originally loved UO, quit UO in disgust back in the days without insurance.

Which is :
In such a world (where items break, pets die and no insurance exists), the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Insurance and the like (including item non-breakage) is to protect the man-in-the-street. Without these (as was the case in the old days of UO), the evil and powerful pk gangs cause much grief to the innocent, poor man-on-the-street who cannot afford to easily replace their items.

As to those who of you who (again with good intentions) say, "make it such that godly artifacts that put the doom arties to shame can be crafted easily", or those who say, "make it such that crafters can control the attributes and design their own artifacts, without limit", then in such a scenario, which I'm *not* against, but am neutral about, then perhaps it would be akin to making all shards like Test Center, where you can 'set' your skill values, weapon mods, etc.

Type :
"Set HCI 45"
"Set DCI 45"
"Set HPR 18"
"Set LMC 40"
"Set LRC 100"
"Set HPI 25"
"Set HLD 65"
"Set FC 4"
"Set FCR 6"
"Set Luck 1000"
"Set Hit Lightning 50"
etc.

To many, this would be absurd. Yet, many will also appreciate that because the endgame of UO is pvp, basically what everyone wants is to set one's attributes to the max, and only then, be able to REALLY START PLAYING UO.

So in conclusion, for the long-term good and survival of UO, either :

1) Do not touch item non-breakage, insurance, etc.
OR
2) Allow crafters to design and effortlessly craft insane artifacts that would put Doom arties to shame, and/or allow all Doom arties to drop from mongbats and everything, and/or allow everyone to set all their attributes and mods like on Test Center.

I'm fine with either option above.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, "Give me item breakage as long as you immediately replace my broken stuff with the same of better stuff" is basically what your saying - Pfft - go play Counter-Strike like I suggested in the post you didn't comment on.

UO is a VIRTUE based game - when that premise was followed by the developers the populations were tremendous. Good versus evil, right vs wrong, normal wear and tear - consequences for actions - Those are the things that made this game different and great.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen a thief say:

"We aren't just thinking of our own fun, much like many of you do"

Truly out-done yourself with the "my idea is good because it's mine" line once again. This one is good though. You and the other 10 people that think this is a good idea don't know what is best for the game and you sure as hell don't know what will increase the game population. Well, short of a no insurance felucca only server that isn't Siege. People can say what they want but it would be packed.

I

imported_ElRay

Sure, items need to break, if this was Pre AoS...........man macers used to rock me after they wore my armor down and broke my leathers!! woo woo!! The stamina drain was brutal too!! woo woo!!

The pain train is coming!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen a thief say:

"We aren't just thinking of our own fun, much like many of you do"

Truly out-done yourself with the "my idea is good because it's mine" line once again. This one is good though. You and the other 10 people that think this is a good idea don't know what is best for the game and you sure as hell don't know what will increase the game population. Well, short of a no insurance felucca only server that isn't Siege. People can say what they want but it would be packed.

[/ QUOTE ]

there ya go...la

K

Karthcove

<blockquote><hr>

Which is :

- Hec

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and what a load of crap this is ^^

That lowly man on the street would also be in a guild, that community - his guild, would help the individual over come - we counted on each other.

If you were around back when Trammel opened you would remember people flocked to Tram not because of the lifestyle of the Fel rule set but because the population needed housing space (the first housing day was a huge event!) - there was absolutely no place to build a house, period. It was funny, a majority of the people would comment on how dirty they felt being in "carebear" land. (The same amount of people would have flocked to Trammel had the rule set stayed, and in the long run more people would be playing UO than is today) - We are at were we are today because a persons play style started to changed based on the rule set they now lived in. The spike of new accounts after the Trammel rule set opened was not due to the Trammel rule set - it was because Bods also come into existence and people wanted Bod runners. Now that crafters are obsolete a lot of those accounts are gone.

Now you have me rambling

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bless you Phantus. Your proof that all is not lost in the Hall.

STARBUCK IS NOT A CYLON!

G

Lets examine the pros and cons of your idea:

Cons--Nothing changes people have items forever--The impact that this will have is that player interaction of selling items will cease. You have your items and never need to replace them. What will you ever buy? What will you ever sell? In a matter of months people will have bank boxes over flowing with gold spending millions upon millions on decorations like rubble. Oh wait we are there already aren't we?

Pros:

Commerce will be become thriving once again.

Going out and trying to obtain a nice item will make it worth while because someone will always be willing to buy it if you dont need it--remember if your items never break you never need to buy a new one. Has anyone noticed commerce has been hurting lately? Oh wait unless your selling the hundreds of rubble pieces you collected or maybe some that are selling some of the hundreds of cloaks they have recently collected. Maybe someone would catch on that the only things selling lately are items that are decorations or items that wear out.

I think the idea of Tamed fighting pets that can not be trained is a great idea. I think also that the pets skills should be random, maybe you get a good dragon or a sickly one. Maybe you need to release it and tame a better one. This would mean that instead of two animals sparring in a stable someplace adding to lag the tamer will actually just go hunting with their pet. But you should also bring training back in player homes with friends and maybe the golem bashers will disappear also.

The whole idea of bringing "Community" back together seems to be lacking in many people these days.

C

Connor_Graham

"Has anyone noticed commerce has been hurting lately? Oh wait unless your selling the hundreds of rubble pieces you collected or maybe some that are selling some of the hundreds of cloaks they have recently collected. Maybe someone would catch on that the only things selling lately are items that are decorations or items that wear out."

This statement is incorrect. I sell none of the above, yet my vendors are as busy as they ever have been.

"The whole idea of bringing "Community" back together seems to be lacking in many people these days."

The whole idea that everyone has their own crafters seems to be lost on the people that think item breakage would bring back community.

I

imported_Hecubus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Okay...so umm...

Spellbooks (especially the new ones with mods) should eventually get waterlogged, sun-dried, or dog-eared to death.

Pets (even bonded ones) can just grow old and die, and umm...while we're at it let's set their skills to decay and shift like players' used to before you could turn them up, down or lock. That way if you're just using your dragon's breath the whole time on the other side of the fence- it loses melee skill.

- Hec

[/ QUOTE ]

Great ideas! This is EXACTLY the kind of stuff we need. I know your trying to be sarcastic but this IS it!

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I see it- it's either all or none. If our weapons decay, then everything else should.

If it should be hard for me to find the right weapon with the right mods and my corresponding weapon skill, then it should be just as hard for a tamer to find a monster with the right attributes, and a mage to find the right reagents to cast the best spells.

If we want to make a change this drastic- then it better affect ALL classes. I don't have a problem with that.

I am Jack's Sunday morning cold pizza breakfast. Woot!

- Hec

G

<blockquote><hr>

he whole idea that everyone has their own crafters seems to be lost on the people that think item breakage would bring back community.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole idea that people liked to play crafters seems to be lost on the people that think that since they have their own crafters item breakage wont help build the community

Pre aos almost everyone had a crafter also and items broke even on a failed repair and it sure as hell didnt stop them from buying gear from our local smiths and tailors. AoS and items not breaking killed a major playstyle only to have it reduced to running BoDs sure there have been updates but once the market gets flooded your back to square one. Items need to break!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

"Has anyone noticed commerce has been hurting lately? Oh wait unless your selling the hundreds of rubble pieces you collected or maybe some that are selling some of the hundreds of cloaks they have recently collected. Maybe someone would catch on that the only things selling lately are items that are decorations or items that wear out."

This statement is incorrect. I sell none of the above, yet my vendors are as busy as they ever have been.

"The whole idea of bringing "Community" back together seems to be lacking in many people these days."

The whole idea that everyone has their own crafters seems to be lost on the people that think item breakage would bring back community.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me hear the majority of vendor owners say the same thing and I will gladly retract my statment. But remember I want to hear about people selling weapons and armor. Not rubble or decoration items or potion kegs or POF or Barbed kits or anything else. Just weapons and armor. Please prove me wrong, lets hear from other vendor owners exactly what they are selling nowdays.

And as far as everyone having their own crafters is not lost on me Connor. Since I was one of the first crafter only players, I know the impact of that more than you could possibly know. But I also realize that with ramdonization of resources that if the Dev team wanted to really make that have a purpose they could add in that for construction and repair the type of ingots or wood that you use has an impact it might do more for seperation of crafters and non crafters. While you have posted infinitum that you have no trouble getting exactly the ore "you" need, I have spoken to many that find it a pain in the arse. If purpose was added to it people might rely on (carefull now) others because they don't want to spend hours mining and failing to find the color they are looking for in sufficient quantities for their needs.

BTW Connor post the coor of your shop and shard. I will make a char and go visit it and see exactly what you have stocked.

G

This thread is getting the same type of posts that was in another thread about DD's post. People can only have it one way or another. They can't seem to realize that change is needed and work on ideas to make things better rather than have it all one way.

You are wrong because I like things this way! Is the attitude too many have. In some ways the PvP people have the correct view. When facing AI all you get is what they have been prgrammed with, when facing another person they have the ability to adjust and adapt.

This concept is lost on many in UHALL. Instead of getting involved in a dialogue they revert to insults and stand by their prefered ways of thinking. It is understandable but does not allow for growth in a game.

You know sometimes a person from outside your circle can actually come up with an idea that you would never see. You just to be open minded enough to examine the idea without prejudice.

G

Well, since your words have failed you and you have resorted to pictures instead:

That is for the poor thief profession and the fact that insurance exists. Awwwww.

G

I suppose if I played a thief on a production shard, you'd be right. Sorry...

...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

This thread is getting the same type of posts that was in another thread about DD's post. People can only have it one way or another. They can't seem to realize that change is needed and work on ideas to make things better rather than have it all one way.

You are wrong because I like things this way! Is the attitude too many have. In some ways the PvP people have the correct view. When facing AI all you get is what they have been prgrammed with, when facing another person they have the ability to adjust and adapt.

This concept is lost on many in UHALL. Instead of getting involved in a dialogue they revert to insults and stand by their prefered ways of thinking. It is understandable but does not allow for growth in a game.

You know sometimes a person from outside your circle can actually come up with an idea that you would never see. You just to be open minded enough to examine the idea without prejudice.

[/ QUOTE ]
You it's because the UHALL is a minority of game playes. In that minority are a minority of players that believe they can fix the game by introducing something the game is no longer tailored to. Every time someone tells them they are wrong or DOG FORBID might have to go a little further they decide to start pulling buzz words out of their ass like community and trammy and carebear and pixel crack and single player and *pukes*

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, you mean like the zounds of us that make the statement that a change like this needs to be paired with a DRASTIC crafting change only to be met with insults that we want everything handed to us? Bullcrap. The dialogue only exists when further discussion meets the needs of those who think they are right. You can't have decay and breakage without other things first. There is your dialogue. Let's see how long those who want it regardless take it.