• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invitation to try out Siege Perilous

Voki

Visitor
After reading over the Siege rule-set, and all your input - I'm all for it.
I'll definitely be trying out Siege when I reactivate my account.

Thanks a lot to all of you for the great feedback!

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Started my char there, too. The community is friendly and the fact you're a dirty peasant, working for your house is fun. I had to figure out how to get bandages ;) Then marked runes at the sheep pens.

One mistake I made when I applied my mythic character token was, I wrongly assumed that Animal Lore and Musicianship are "fast skills that go up all by themselves".
They do, up to 70, but the gap to 90 is still a few days, in which you can't lean back and run masteries to get Taming and Disco up.

If I were to start again, I'd definitely look into which mastery I'd want to run before I decide on the 90er skills.

In the end it's not a huge deal, because every skill goes up at equal speed starting with 70. I'd put my points into stuff that won't rise even before that, so Animal Lore and Music were all right.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has been a influx of new folks of late. One big misconception I have heard quite a bit lately is that Siege is a PvP shard. That is partly true, PvP is a part of the shard..... just one part. Everyone pretty much knows I am one of, if not the most Non PvP people on the shard. The only people I kill are scripters....... but are they really people? Point is no insurance IS NOT a big deal. Very simply if you can't afford to lose it DON'T WEAR IT. Some of the best PvPs will wear high end junk they are confident enough in their skills that they won't lose it. When they do lose it they don't cry a river over it. TBH most folks have 10 more suits just like the one they are wearing in a chest.

Our greatest treasure on Siege is our Community, I don't think you will find another shard where you will find more help getting started up, all the advice you want, and PvPs that will kill you, rez you, and then stand there chatting with you and asking if you need help with anything. The crafters will suit you up at a no to low cost. II let folks use my training houses which range from low level spawn up to some tough critters. Easy to farm large sums of start up gold, resources and the loot arties to wear or unravel from all of my public training houses. I recently got around to training my bard up to 120s at the wolf house and put 4,780,000 in the bank from 2 days of nothing but training there. Not to mention the relic frags, residu, ess, leather and bones as well as a lot of nice jewels and suit pieces. Not a low end house but a 90+ mystic to RC the spawn or a fighter with a demon slayer can train up and make some gold there. The Ant Houses are the lower end and if you don't know they raise your fighting skill and tactics to 70s fast as well as giving you zoogies, gold, junk and gems. There are actually quite a few public houses with tele tiles, forges and anvils, spawn, portals, making getting started here a lot less painful.

As far as mythic and other EA store stuff goes......... I would rather it not be on Siege but it is. TBH I have built my fair share of toons over the years from scratch. I will buy the stones and a couple of mythics to by pass the tedious training to build future toons or enhance existing characters in a heartbeat :)

My best advice for Siege come with a open mind and cast off your preconceptions. Lose the prodo shard artie vending machine mentality and enjoy the game and people. I have 7 castles worth of junk on legends and yes I still play on legends about 25% of the time. At some point all the pixel crack lost its luster for me though and instead of playing on Siege 10% of the time it became my primary shard.

hungrymedusa1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I also have heeded the call and come to Siege. It is a nice blend of classic UO and the new stuff. I worked my butt off just to get a 7x8" house that has walls! Running everywhere is totally different. I haven't seen these parts of Britannia in like 15 years.

I have been PKd once, but it isn't bad. That's what you get for not running from a red, I guess. I probably won't run next time, either, unless I happened to just find something good. I can't even take down a lich yet, so that will be a while!

It is a different experience than my home shard of Pac; in a good way. I have never been good at knowing what the best gear is, so having to settle for monster loot gear is refreshing.

I did turn the trees on in Fel. I don't know why it has to be a wasteland.

The only sad thing about me is I am largely a solo player. I have never been in a guild for long. Once I have a skill or two over 70 maybe I will seek out some more adventure with others.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did it the same way. You will stay, I bet. Siege is like coming him to your highschool -love. Simply feels good.

I will be delighted to hunt with you!

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I also have heeded the call and come to Siege. It is a nice blend of classic UO and the new stuff. I worked my butt off just to get a 7x8" house that has walls! Running everywhere is totally different. I haven't seen these parts of Britannia in like 15 years.

I have been PKd once, but it isn't bad. That's what you get for not running from a red, I guess. I probably won't run next time, either, unless I happened to just find something good. I can't even take down a lich yet, so that will be a while!

It is a different experience than my home shard of Pac; in a good way. I have never been good at knowing what the best gear is, so having to settle for monster loot gear is refreshing.

The only sad thing about me is I am largely a solo player. I have never been in a guild for long. Once I have a skill or two over 70 maybe I will seek out some more adventure with others.
Hmmm.... I didn't know you could turn the trees on. I'll have to look for this.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has annoyed me greatly ever since Renaissance. I know you can turn it off, but I bet a lot of people don't know that they can, or how. Make the shard pointlessly ugly. I always wished they would make it normal.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has annoyed me greatly ever since Renaissance. I know you can turn it off, but I bet a lot of people don't know that they can, or how. Make the shard pointlessly ugly. I always wished they would make it normal.
Mainly because the server code still sees the facet as Felucca. Trammel is still there on Siege just locked out. Mugen is a perfect example of this where Mugen is also a Siege shard but Trammel is available there and it looks lively and green just like normal shards.
Another example of server code from production that keeps them from making siege green. =O

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mainly because the server code still sees the facet as Felucca. Trammel is still there on Siege just locked out. Mugen is a perfect example of this where Mugen is also a Siege shard but Trammel is available there and it looks lively and green just like normal shards.
Another example of server code from production that keeps them from making siege green. =O
I know, but it really feels like that could be altered without a TON of work. Maybe not, but it just seems like such a simple change, since we can just change manually ourselves. :(

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Why should Siege and Felucca not be green, it never made sense to me. Just make the flowers a different kind than in Trammel so you can see the diff. Maybe some blood red flowers instead of the gravstones.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
you can turn it off?

I know you used to be able to turn it off with the option "desolation" in one of the config files, but that option isn't there in the modern EC, do you mean you can turn it off, but only in the CC?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can turn it off?

I know you used to be able to turn it off with the option "desolation" in one of the config files, but that option isn't there in the modern EC, do you mean you can turn it off, but only in the CC?
I don't know bout the EC, I never use it, I forget about it sometimes. :p Just meant CC.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yet again we had great sunday VvV battles on Siege. Lots of players on and all had great fun killing each others in friendly fights with no looting. Each week, we see new players on Siege and returning players join the fun.
There are room for you too, you don't have to be a PvP player, we need every kind of playstyles. Want to run a shop? all the new and returning players need armor, weopen, porions and not to forget, lots of funitures, flowers and other deco for their new home.
Next month, there is an fishing EM event on Siege, so come and show us your fishing skills :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If someone still believe Siege is death, then you are very wrong. We are getting new and returning players everyday and we see more PvP going on. Sure as we grow, the wilderness may be more dangerous on Siege, but still a lot peaceful places to hunt, if you try not to PvP.

If you like PvP, come help us making VvV towns more active outside the sunday event. If you choose not to loot or not loot suits, you will see more being willing to show up and fight you.
I don't mind looting but until Mesanna choose to give us a hand, replacing stuff is a pain so less looting is = more fun for all.

Come join us, no matter if you want to PvP, PK, Anti PK, kill monsters, looking over your shoulder for PK's, gathering resources, do crafting, run good shops, do treasure hunting, fishing or something else. We need you all.

Yes we do have a few jokers on Siege at the moment, who like looting, maybe you want to login your old Siege char and help taking care of them.

Just come and join the fun :devil:

Arthas

Visitor
Well met all. I am recently returning to UO. I spent many years on Chesapeake pre AOS up through Samurai Empire.
I reactivated my account 2 years ago and have been off and on since.
I am looking to relive the nostalgia of starting from scratch in a different environment than what is the production shards.
I rerolled a few days ago and am training now. It has been difficult, but enjoyable. I have already met a couple good citizens and hope to meet many more.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is a great shard and starting from scratch on Siege is about as old school as you can get in starting out. Great people for the most part..... Even Freja ;)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well met all. I am recently returning to UO. I spent many years on Chesapeake pre AOS up through Samurai Empire.
I reactivated my account 2 years ago and have been off and on since.
I am looking to relive the nostalgia of starting from scratch in a different environment than what is the production shards.
I rerolled a few days ago and am training now. It has been difficult, but enjoyable. I have already met a couple good citizens and hope to meet many more.
Yell in GC, if you need anything. Tonight is an EM event. This weekend is also GIL-auction and VvV. If you are interested in PVM, there is a public Scalis-Event at the New Mag Docks at April 23. Furthermore, I am offering smaller monster hunts almost every weekend.

And try to find the perfect guild for you - chat with some people to find out, which one is the right.

You will love it here!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Welcome here, I hope you will love our shard, If you need any basis training gear, just yell in Gen Chat or post on Siege Forum.
Don't expect Siege players to hang out at Luna or Brit bank, that do not mean the shard is dead, we are just somewhere else.
If The Dark Outlaws, TDO* could be the guild for you, feel free to contact us, link to guildpage in my signature.

Last edited: