• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invitation to try out Siege Perilous

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know most have heard about Siege but do you really know Siege and what Siege have to offer?

I know a few here hate to see a thread like this. But please, if you have no intention to try out Siege, please move on and let this thread alone :)

Siege Perilous could be a choice:

- If you are looking for a shard with better economy
- If you feel Trammel is too safe and Felucca is too wild and wish to play without the split
- If you can handle the risk for getting attacked and risk to lose your items. That risk is very little at the moment.
- If you want to kill chars, who annoy you instead of using harassing calls
- If you want to be a part of a community with good and evil having to interact with each others

You can be:
- a successful crafter/shop owner, with happy customers. Many you'll get to know by name.
- a PvM'er or gatherer supporting the crafter/shop owner with resources
- an honorable knight, protecting the crafters and PvM'ers
- a thief PvP/VvV or non PvP for deco stuff
- a VvV/PvP player
- a PK, RP or not
- or anything else

You will have to accept (until we get the devs to changes it)
- no kind of recall (gate spell works and moongates and public houses with crystal portals and teleporters helps too)
-only one char slot (Soulstones do help)
- risk for PvP everywhere (don't want to changes that :p)

We can offer:
- Help to get started (basic items, advice and a place to hangout) TDO*, The Dark Outlaws have a few public houses. If you're a good fit, you may be welcome in TDO*. There are other guilds who take in new Siege players too.
- Bazaar venders, who will buy your stackable stuff, as npc vendors won't.
- A great community, eager to help you get started. It's a tight, close community but extremely welcoming.

If you want to give it a try:
- Make a char on Siege Perilous
- Join General Chat
- Say hello to the community. Feel free to hang out in our house, "Young Travelers Inn" in New Magincia, until you make contact with someone on the shard.
- Try out the teleporters, that will help you traveling on Siege.

The rules for Siege may be hard to find now so I will try to explain. The ruleset Siege was born with, had changed over the years, the one below is the one different from normal shard.

Siege rules:

1. No recall, only gate spell works.
2. No gating in and out of dungeons.
3. Only one char on an account.
4. NPC vendors charge 3X the price for their wares.
5. NPC won't buy your wares and do not sell resources other than regs, gems, bottles, scrolls and maybe a few things more.
6. RoT, Rate over Time skill gain.
7. No Trammel facet.
8. All facets have the Siege ruleset, much like the Fel ruleset.
9. No item Insurance but one Siege Bless, that works for one items at the time.

Rate over Time system On Siege Perilous and Mugen, the RoT (Rate over time) system applies for gaining skill points above 70.
•Skill points for skills less than 70 points will gain as normal shards.
•Skill points for skills between 70 and 79.9 points have a time limit of 5 minutes between points gained.
•Skill points for skills between 80 and 89.9 have a time limit of 8 minutes between points gained.
•Skill points for skills between 90 and 99.9 have a time limit of 12 minutes between points gained.
•Skill points for skills between 100 and 120 have a time limit of 15 minutes between points gained.
•Players will be allowed to gain 15 stat points a day. For stats only RoT resets once per day, at 8pm EST/1am GMT.

The RoT system actually helps you gain the more difficult skills faster. Building painful skills such as like poisoning and animal taming with RoT saves you a lot of time and gold.

The Community:
Don't expect to see Siege players at Brit bank and Luna, Siege players do not hang out at banks and Vendors are placed all over the shard, use vendor Search.

Best way to be safe on Siege is, to not run around with stuff you can't afford to lose. Joining a guild will help you too.
If you die, show your ghost, you may get a rez. Don't try to loot before your killer is done and stay polite; an angry PK is no fun.

We have Dark Wisps roaming the Felucca facet, they kill a lot more new chars than murders do.

You need vacation, take a summer trip to Siege. You have nothing to lose. You come with nothing, so give it a try.

A few old quotes from this forum:

Mitzlplik_LS said:
Yup,in my experience,no other shard can even come close to the community that is Siege Perilous. Yes there is the threat of PK`s,but not very much. I love the fact that a crafter is of value and their wares are sought after. I myself made millions just on selling potions and kegs alone.

Uvtha said:
ROT (siege skill gain system for those who don't know) was greatly improved when the daily gain cap was removed, and is now the best skill gain system in game as far as I am concerned.

mikni said:
I think Siege is one of the, if not the, most welcoming shards there is.
Sure you might be killed and looted, but as a new player you'll get lots of help. I know that people really go out of their way just to help players get started and feel welcomed. I can't imagine that you, as a new player, would not get a new suit and whatever else was looted if you just speak up in gen chat. As long as you do not go in to a tantrum at least.

Wolfman said:
I came to Siege over 4 years ago and posted a very similar thread!
If someone is done/bored with UO on prodo shards, give Siege an honest try....maybe you will love it like we do!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I joined about 7 weeks ago as a 100percent PVM-player and crafter. Rarely I had such a warm welcome! GC is polite and there are always players online. No trash talk, no idiots. A mature community. It's by no means an empty shard, in contrary: No free keep or castle spots, all islands inhabited. I got everything I needed for a start from 0. Siege is a really cool place if you want to get rid of a completely stupid economy with insane inflation and if you are tired of idiots spamming all channels. No bankstitters showing off with their billionaire-suits. A very fine alternative to shards which are too crowded or too empty. A perfect fit for me after 10 years of active playing.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wolfman said:
I came to Siege over 4 years ago and posted a very similar thread!
If someone is done/bored with UO on prodo shards, give Siege an honest try....maybe you will love it like we do!
I gave up on Prodo UO about three years back and decided to finish out my gametime on Siege before not letting the door hit me on the rear on the way out. Due to the magic of Siege, I'm still playing UO.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Very nice write up on behalf of your shard. It's currently my busy season at work, however, I have every intention of making a character for Siege sometime in later March / early April.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nice write up. A few noob questions
1. You cannot use mythic tokens, right?
2. You can buy and use as many soulstones as you want?
3. Do towns have no-kill guard zones?
4. You can't recall but you can mark runes and cast gate to get places outside of dungeons?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yadd, you CAN use mythic tokens. You can use soulstones as well. The town guard rules should be just like Felucca towns (unless I'm overlooking something). You CAN Mark runes but ONLY gate travel is allowed. No recall our sacred journey. However, Siege has an extensive public portal / tele system.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Nice write up. A few noob questions - Thanks
1. You cannot use mythic tokens, right? - You can use i, was changed a few years ago
2. You can buy and use as many soulstones as you want? - Yes
3. Do towns have no-kill guard zones? - Town zones are the same as on other shards, reds can go to towns but not do any crime unless the town is a VvV battle town at the moment
4. You can't recall but you can mark runes and cast gate to get places outside of dungeons? - Yes and the corrupted portal will take you to dungeons too, just remember to tast fel for felucca dungeons

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best way to be safe on Siege is, to not run around with stuff you can't afford to lose.
Seriously?
So everyone on siege stores their priceless clean legendaries and expensive crafted high end gear in their bank/house and runs around in GM armor?

That's at least something insurance did: People moved their valuable equipment from the bank box to the paperdoll...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously?
So everyone on siege stores their priceless clean legendaries and expensive crafted high end gear in their bank/house and runs around in GM armor?

That's at least something insurance did: People moved their valuable equipment from the bank box to the paperdoll...
You can buy all those clean legendaries on vendors: 500-10000 gold. Believe it or not. People simply wear the stuff... But who cares for stuff? Stuff is overrated. Legendary stuff is legendarily overrated. Years ago I farmed these items and sold them for billions and you know what: I never knew what to do with all the gold but buying new stuff. Boring! Lame! Some day it makes no difference if you got 5 or 15 or whatever billions: The stuff is rotting in a showcase and you get bored. Or you become a rates hunter. Would bore me, too...

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice write up. A few noob questions
1. You cannot use mythic tokens, right?
2. You can buy and use as many soulstones as you want?
3. Do towns have no-kill guard zones?
4. You can't recall but you can mark runes and cast gate to get places outside of dungeons?
You can do everything mentioned above. Just a bit more risk and more fun.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously?

That's only assuming you consider those items things you can't afford to lose. Many people wear whatever without worrying about what happens next if they lose it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Seriously?
Why have them, if you do not use them?
Sure it would be foolish to pay a lot for them and put them on a noob char and go solo hard mobs.
Also if you PvP, skills do matter but nice items do help

What I did mean with "Best way to be safe on Siege is, to not run around with stuff you can't afford to lose." is, if you do not have some gold or a spare suit in bank, maybe leave your best items home until you can accept the risk of losing them.
The worse time after dying is from you res and until you again get a useful suit, running searching vendors in death robe is not fun and may make you give up.

I run in what I can imbue, Imbuing resources are not harder to get on Siege. I also run in a few item most would insure on normal shards. Some of them, I do have spare one off, others I don't.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's only assuming you consider those items things you can't lose. Many people wear whatever without worrying about what happens next if they lose it.
Thats what I learned during the last week and it felt like a liberation

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Even if you have no mage skills you can gate to a boat. I do it all the time. There is a boat parked out back of my place and thats how I get home from where ever I traveled to. There are crystal portals and corrupted ones that a lot of public houses have to use also. There are some houses that have teleporters to different areas that can be used. Umbra has a hub se of the town, there is also one in Magincia. Where they go is marked with a book or statue. I love it here on Siege.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats what I learned during the last week and it felt like a liberation
I think a problem that a lot of people have with the concept of gearing on siege is that they look at it from a prodo shard prospective. From that point of view you see a very high-end suit with very hard to get items like artifacts and reforged stuff in every slot. It seems in the mindset that it would be impossible to play the game, because of the cost and difficulty of maintaining such a suit. Of course, you don't need that kind of a suit, you can do just fine with an imbued suit, and whe you find a cool artifact or good random drop, you just switch it in for a nice boost in power. When you die, you go back to the perfectly functional level (not all that below where you were with the uber item) of imbued suits.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ok, @FrejaSP. I know you are passionate about your home shard but these threads are becoming overbearing even for me.

Please dial these back to one a month.

And for those who will tell me to not read these threads, I didn't.

I just don't want to have sift through 50 siege threads to get to others. (Yes this is an over exaggeration, but how many do you really need?)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
At any given time I have four or five legendary arties on my Siege tamer. I always carry a high end Legendary shield with mage properties. Yes, I lose this stuff occasionally. One day I lost for suits in a row trying to key Lady Mel. But then I'll go weeks (or months) without losing anything. I use my Siege bless for whatever fits the situation, sometimes that is a slayer spellbook, or a slither, or as simple as a burglar bandana.

More than once I've encountered players wearing crimmies that would be totally lootable if they died.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly. The game works perfectly without über-stuff. And suddenly all the old quests and locations become meaningful again, as you PLAY the game again. You don't care too much for the best items but for a good ratio of efforts, risks and costs. On prodo shards I didn't loot gold in years. Here, 100k can make a difference! Just log in and try the vendor search and you can see, how UO would have looked alike with a normal economy!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do know I may annoy a few here but some of your posts do annoy me too. I can live with this.
I believe the other threads are done, so I will focus on this one.

This one are to get more Siege players and what the shard can do to help new Siege players, the others was to see what Devs can do to help us and what stop players from playing Siege.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I enjoy Siege very much. Good helpful community even though I enjoy wandering around and picking up my own regents. Been building a character there for a couple years now.

Finally saved up enough for a house lol

The mongbats kick my butt regularly lol

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I do know I may annoy a few here but some of your posts do annoy me too. I can live with this.
I believe the other threads are done, so I will focus on this one.

This one are to get more Siege players and what the shard can do to help new Siege players, the others was to see what Devs can do to help us and what stop players from playing Siege.
Sorry, I did not make the request based on what you were okay with.

If this is the only thread you stick to that'd be just fine.

Thanks in advance.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ok, @FrejaSP. I know you are passionate about your home shard but these threads are becoming overbearing even for me.

Please dial these back to one a month.

And for those who will tell me to not read these threads, I didn't.

I just don't want to have sift through 50 siege threads to get to others. (Yes this is an over exaggeration, but how many do you really need?)

Thanks in advance.

There is nothing wrong with posting multiple threads on a similar topic. Freja's threads are usually different - i.e., the last one was a poll asking about what aspects other players would like to see before considering Siege - and relatively infrequent enough that there isn't a half a dozen Siege threads sitting at the top of UHall.

Freja's polite and insightful posts promoting her home shard are doing a service to the community about keeping others informed of what else is out there outside of Atlantic and the occasional PVP event or Harrower on LS or GL.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There is nothing wrong with posting multiple threads on a similar topic. Freja's threads are usually different - i.e., the last one was a poll asking about what aspects other players would like to see before considering Siege - and relatively infrequent enough that there isn't a half a dozen Siege threads sitting at the top of UHall.

Freja's polite and insightful posts promoting her home shard are doing a service to the community about keeping others informed of what else is out there outside of Atlantic and the occasional PVP event or Harrower on LS or GL.
I'll agree to disagree.

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok, Ya'll have gotten me fired up about giving Siege a honest try. You've also got me reminiscing about the my first chr back at the beginning of UO. My how things have changed over the years. (just briefly off topic, I'm reminded of moongates that send you to a city based on the time of day [you didn't have a choice], skills that would fall if you didn't use them, stats that would fall if you used the wrong skill [no locks], finally affording a tent, wondering if I'll ever be able to kill an air elemental, etc...)

Now I just have to figure out what kind of chr to start on Siege? Any suggestions would be appreciated since I can only choose one. I'm wondering if a tamer is a good choice since you can always have help with you (that cant be dispelled)? Or perhaps it would be better to start a warrior of some kind so I can minimize the supplies required to survive in the wilderness?

Too many choices (which is one of the things I've always loved about UO). Maybe I go back to the first chr I ever made back in the beginning, a lumberjack axe wielding warrior. Although, back then I could use poisoning to keep the pkers in check. Unfortunately that doesn't work as well anymore. (worked great back then).

If anyone has suggestions I'm willing to listen. I'll probably start on something this evening.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok, Ya'll have gotten me fired up about giving Siege a honest try. You've also got me reminiscing about the my first chr back at the beginning of UO. My how things have changed over the years. (just briefly off topic, I'm reminded of moongates that send you to a city based on the time of day [you didn't have a choice], skills that would fall if you didn't use them, stats that would fall if you used the wrong skill [no locks], finally affording a tent, wondering if I'll ever be able to kill an air elemental, etc...)

Now I just have to figure out what kind of chr to start on Siege? Any suggestions would be appreciated since I can only choose one. I'm wondering if a tamer is a good choice since you can always have help with you (that cant be dispelled)? Or perhaps it would be better to start a warrior of some kind so I can minimize the supplies required to survive in the wilderness?

Too many choices (which is one of the things I've always loved about UO). Maybe I go back to the first chr I ever made back in the beginning, a lumberjack axe wielding warrior. Although, back then I could use poisoning to keep the pkers in check. Unfortunately that doesn't work as well anymore. (worked great back then).

If anyone has suggestions I'm willing to listen. I'll probably start on something this evening.
On the Stratics Siege forum there was a very recent discussion of this very question. Several folks offered ideas, try looking through those and see if anything strikes your fancy. Be sure to use GC if you need help or have a question!

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Thanks in advance.
There's always at

This post looks very similar to one I made a few weeks back. Go into the thread "Character Suggestions." There were some great ideas posted there.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There's always at

This post looks very similar to one I made a few weeks back. Go into the thread "Character Suggestions." There were some great ideas posted there.
Feel free to PM me about my posts.

Not much more reason to continue on further with them in this thread.

It's okay to disagree.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Feel free to PM me about my posts.

Not much more reason to continue on further with them in this thread.

It's okay to disagree.
Weird... my quoting you was a mistake. And I'd started typing something and quit. Didn't see it when I posted. Sorry.

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the suggestion regarding the chrs thread in the Siege forum. Never crossed my mind to check there until ya'll said something. I guess I'm getting old!!

After reading up I'm leaning tamer of some sort, although a mystic + something or other might be fun too. I may just have to go tamer (wolf rider) and I'm going to be really really tempted to buy a mystic token to jump start taming.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bearclaw,

The first 2 or 3 months I was on Siege, I went the no help route. Started with mining, tinkering, and lockpicking. Worked the vesper bank until I could buy a basic suit, then destard chests until I could get a small house. Then I started taming from 0. Went all the way to 70 (with a break to GM magery), then just used a token to bump up to 90. Manual again until 100, then when mastery came out I went to 110. Had fun the whole time. I don't feel bad about using the token, and if you want to go ahead. Raising taming from 90 is WAY quicker on Siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have seen several new Siege players, who refuse to accept help, because they want the old feeling and challenge from doing it on their own. It can be fun, but there are also a lot, who feel they have builded enough chars already, for them, Mythic token is a great help

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Just trying will do it, one way or another. The beauty is your expectations are perfect. We....well...I got into the habit of moving all sorts of goods, gold and characters to shards when I'd try them. Siege costs you nothing to try but your time.

As you note in a later post, with crystal portals, Mythic Character Tokens, and soulstones it's not the UO you first logged into where you were essentially baby-naked and it took a year to build a character. This isn't original Ultima Online. Rather, it's a very different take on the post AoS UO. Plus, Freja told me that Messana herself logged onto the shard and asked the players how they felt about allowing the Mythic token before allowing it. Now you'd think folks who'd earned every skill point - and RoT does not kick in until you pass 70 on a skill, plus there are no NPCs to drop gold on the heads of who grant you 30 or 40 points of skill - might object fiercely to this. I'm sure some did. I'm told most did not.

It's as you say. Earning it the original way has meaning for you, personally, and a store token doesn't threaten that. It may well enhance it. Your memories, your attachment to your character, will have an entirely different - and likely more intense - quality than one who used a token. It's a different value equation. It's no reason to miss out on Siege.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Freja is striking while the iron is hot. There seems to be some interest in Siege again.
This usually happens when some vocal Siege new folk try to dispel the persistent myth
that we are all hedonistic mass murderers. I used to be that new guy, some few years ago.

Is Uhall so small that we can not celebrate some growth on a very unique game environment?
Is Uhall so busy that we can not spend some time reading of the items of interest from other shards?
I know I do.

Many of you play every shard there is in one manner or another. It is like all of you. Your character
could be on an entirely different shard tomorrow if you wanted. There are only two you can not transfer to.
I play in one of those places. I am not going to likely ever play on any other shard.

Look folks. Ya don't ever have to read a Siege thread if ya don't want to.
I was seriously considering going down to one account. I have three and I am holding on to all three
accounts as things have gotten interesting.

My three accounts are Siege accounts.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I still think it would be perfect with the addition of insurance . . .

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege...hmmmmm..... no thanks.

Nice PR write up tho :)

PS. I did find it interesting that in @FrejaSP 's last thread on Siege (barely a week ago), the 2nd item most wanted from players concerning Siege was item insurance.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
PS. I did find it interesting that in @FrejaSP 's last thread on Siege (barely a week ago), the 2nd item most wanted from players concerning Siege was item insurance.
True, but that's because your guys don't believe you can play without it. In the poll on Siege forum, very few asked for Item Insurance.
In many ways, Siege is a different game. I believe on Prodo, a lot build their skills around items and that way depend to much of items. On Siege, skills comes before items. We do not need the same suits like your Prodo guys. A good imbued suit will do and if we have or get better stuff, it's nice and we will use it and do get some advantage from it.

We do have a problem with vendor fee, if items don't sell fast enough, some will not stock and only take orders. If not enough different kind of items on our vendors, it become harder to replace stuff.
More player will help that too, and my vendors sell better this days, so we did get more players and some returning too.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously?

One of the problems with legendary armor is build a suit and get 1 piece looted by a player or monster and it's kinda screwed because of no insurance. Not that is it's a bad thing. Just sayn cookie cutter suits are nice because you know what you got and your limitations.
You do get to "siege bless" 1 non cursed item. So would you bless a wep and not a crimmy? Do you bless a scrappers or a legendary jewel? You got to decide.
As a side note, there is alot of things that players from prodo shards take for granted or maybe never even use. Crystal and corrupted portals are probably the best example. Another is the vendor stalls in new mag.
I have played on siege for almost 6 years now. And it by far has the best community I have ever been involved with. However, you can't just fast track your way to success and you cant buy your way onto the shard. Networking is very important. Use general chat, get involved. You will get lots of help. If you try to be the bully, you can still make it, but I promise you will have a much tougher go at it. Tbh I think we could use some more guys/gals that wear a black hat. We as a community just don't condone being an asshat.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You make a great point here. If I'm going to start a Siege chr for the old school feel of it, I shouldn't use kick-starters like a mythic token. I should start from scratch, like the old days.
Thats the way I did it and it was great. Looting my first Blade Spirits was like Christmas!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege...hmmmmm..... no thanks.

Nice PR write up tho :)

No thanks! That would make Siege just another prodo shard with limitations. And it would kill the charms of improvisation. It's part of the basic thrill of this shard. By the way: Yesterday I shopped from a freshly restocked vendor that was advertised in GC. Bought some black natural dyes and when I came home, my backpack wad empty. Skilled thief, got my respect. Lesson: Never openly shop from vendors which have been advertised a min ago. But you know what: I wasn't angry. I laughed and thought thats that the exact way UO was meant to be. Thieving here actually is a relevant part of gameplay. Character suggestions? This must be real fun, but a I have no open slot aside if my crafter and my main char.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soulstomes, Crystal Portals and Mythic Tokens have Trammified Siege, they should never have been added to that shard.
Of all those items mentioned souls stones imo are the worse. I am sure when they were introduced the long term impact was never fully considered. Even though you can only have one character per account, the introduction of soulstones have made players very versitle and less dependent on the need for others.
For example, you no longer need to find crafter, you can train it up, store the skill and put it on and use it as needed. Most vet siege players have lots of skills we have trained up over time. Myself included.
My point is, before the introduction of soul stones and with only one character slot, you selected a template and that's what you played. Players had to depend on eachother. Mages, dexers, bards, tamers, crafters, resource gathers, scribes, alchemists, etc all had there place in the wolrd. Now, if you need a mage, stone the skills one and have it. Need a suit made, put on the skills and craft it. Need to tame that pet.....you get the point.
Soulstones have crippled the need to rely on others for their expertise in a specialized area. They have made people so independent that over the course many years it, along with other issues, has eroded the shard as a whole.
I know it's a done deal now, there is no reverting it. Uo is not the same game it was 10 years ago. We need to accept change and deal with it best we can. I feel the better way of dealing with it is to pressure the devs improve the game for the future.....we can't change the past.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No thanks! That would make Siege just another prodo shard with limitations. And it would kill the charms of improvisation. It's part of the basic thrill of this shard. By the way: Yesterday I shopped from a freshly restocked vendor that was advertised in GC. Bought some black natural dyes and when I came home, my backpack wad empty. Skilled thief, got my respect. Lesson: Never openly shop from vendors which have been advertised a min ago. But you know what: I wasn't angry. I laughed and thought thats that the exact way UO was meant to be. Thieving here actually is a relevant part of gameplay. Character suggestions? This must be real fun, but a I have no open slot aside if my crafter and my main char.
If it was from my vendor, I can replace your lost dyes. A good advice is to hide before you shop. If a really expensive item, make a gate before buying it, so you fast can get to a safe place.
Also on Siege, never stand to close to someone you do not trust.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*Mumbles* Think there is a thief, I need to speak with, stealing from my customers are not welcome.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, this is part of the fun, if you ask me. Maybe the guy is new and does not know about Safe Haven. I really enjoy the neighborhood so far! Nice people. And every now and then a present in my mailbox!