Insurance

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
I don't know whether there's any connection to insurance or not, but I stopped bothering with vendors on Europa ages ago. Everything I stocked for the benefit of players was cleaned out and taken to Luna to re-sell as soon as I finished loading the vendor. My choice was working flat out to try to keep the vendor stocked, leaving no time to play any other char or leaving the vendors standing empty 23½ hours out of every 24. I decided to stop spending all my time putting gold in someone else's pocket.
Siege has the only healthy economy in the game. I'd hate to see that balance undermined.
I have a feeling it was due, at least in part, to insurance, but even moreso due to the messed up prodo economy. After all the gold and item duping, the prices of everything became incredibly inflated and you were likely still selling crafted items at a somewhat "normal" price. You pretty much explained the rest of the story. :(

Without duping, I don't think we would see that exact scenario, but players who craft/imbue armor and weapons would take a severe hit. Most players would buy high end items for various templates/characters, etc, but eventually once everyone has the perfect suit, they wont likely be in the market for many of those types of items. PvP consumable type items would be their primary focus at that point.

I'm not at all fond of insurance. I think reducing the cost to equip and the risk vs. reward type changes are the way to go... if we can ever find an acceptable compromise that the majority can live with. Not an easy task, for sure.

H

Hugibear

Not a fan of insurance buts:
This is a 13 year old game, new players to the game (if any) are going to start on prodo it is easier. So our new player base is going to come from prodo and returning old siege vets. Do you people really think lowering the cost of farties, increased arti drops, or gettin rid of fartis are the answers. Might score ya some old returning vets that is about it.

This shard needs a dramatic change, maybe adding insurance at 5x the cost could be it. As everyone has figured out by now this is an item based game nowadays. Meaning if your player base is coming from prodo, they already know this and arent going to want to play somewhere they can't use their pretty gear. As for crafters/farmers not having stuff to sell because of this, who are they selling to now? Wouldnt an increase population help no matter what? The draw to siege is still no tram, freely attackable cept gz, one character per account, no duping, non wrecked economy, community and many more.

Plain and simple something big has to happen to get people here, your stupid little polls and arguing over nonsense isnt bringing anyone to this game, prolly just making the devs go "ahhahaha look at those silly little siege pee-ons ahahah."

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
I hope we never will see item insurance here, maybe we even need to get rid of some of blessed stuff we have.

1 Siege Bless as it is now but should work to bond one pet too
Max should be one blessed spellbook (choose the one you want blessed)
And max one blessed runebook (choose the one you want blessed)
Deeds of resources or deco stuff should stay blessed

Pets, want one blessed so you can rez it with all it stats, you should have to use your Siege Bless options
If not blessed, it should have some kind of temp stat loss. Temp stat loss would not matter for a horse or a working beetle but it would for a pet used as a weapon.

Instead of Item Insurance, we need better loot drop, both of artifacts (curced or not) and resources (both regular and imbuing)

Busy PvM'ers and busy Crafters will make more sheeps for the wolves and more reason for the anti PK's to hunt the PK's. All in all, this will help the community feeling and make the shard alive.

Sure I too hate to get dry looted but if you know the risk and do have a few backup suits ready, it's not that bad.

Why should all pay to a the system each time they die, when they can pay to the community and make the farmers and crafters busy or pay their killer to get their stuff back.

Insurance make the game boring and hurt the crafters and why would the farmers hunt if there is noone to buy their wares?
Noone need to replace their stuff, that can't be any good.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
@ Freja - I agree with all you said except the above. IMO, spellbooks and runebooks should stay blessed. That just gets too tedious and difficult to replace, having to remark runes and go shop for spellbooks between fights. But its funny that you'd want those unblessed, yet resource deeds remain blessed? That seems kinda silly. lol

@ Huggi - 5x cost for insurance would only keep people in their houses where they have been for the past year+. Your group is already screaming and stomping their feet for lower cost faction arties that are 5x prodo cost, you think they they will want to pay 5x cost for insurance? I wouldn't hold my breath on that one! lol

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
Uh? Just because players don't mind insurance doesn't mean they don't mind things like Trammel where you cannot kill other players.

Reds can't go to malas or tokuno or ilshenar or much of ter mur on any other shard.

There's no trammel on Siege.

I don't want insurance either, but I don't want the crappy loot and crafter ingredient drops (on both the monsters AND players I kill), expensive faction items, everybody and their mother but me running stealth crap we got now... so yeah, I'll settle too.

Anything to get more people out and about playing on Siege instead of worrying and crying about pixels. That's all people like cheapsuit seem to do is cry about pixels. Maybe if these super-bad players had better access to gear, they'd be more apt to go out and just play even if it means they'll die.
This is about the stupidest compromise ever. It would ALMOST completely destroy siege's separation from the rest of the game. You know, putting in tram would also give them access to better gear easier. Want to do that too? Maybe if these "super-bad" people hadn't have been spoiled by the tram bleed over code of faction arties, this conversation wouldn't even happen. Thats where most of this pancakes comes from. People used to suit up just fine before them, and now its a giant crying game because people don't want to play without them.

There are changes that need to be made (like making better gear more available through increased spawns and or drops in silver prices), but forsaking the core and basic identity of the shard (No insurance) to get more players is completely counter intuitive.

If the only difference was there was no tram and slower skill gain, would it really be that different that a regular shard? You know, the thing we all came here to get away from...

Insurance is just another factor in the separation of people in the game. It supports fewer and less frequent player to player dependencies and interactions, just like tram does, and would do horrible damage to the shard and what it is supposed to be. Its no coincidence that the shard with the best and closest (even though smallest) community is the one without the two factors that serve to make the game less social: Tram and Insurance.

Thankfully I really highly doubt the devs would ever make this change to siege. It's a horrible idea.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
@ Freja - I agree with all you said except the above. IMO, spellbooks and runebooks should stay blessed. That just gets too tedious and difficult to replace, having to remark runes and go shop for spellbooks between fights. But its funny that you'd want those unblessed, yet resource deeds remain blessed? That seems kinda silly. lol
I did say one blessed spellbook and one blessed runebook together with your Siege Bless.

I feel it's wrong, that players can have more than one kind of spellbook blessed. I know spellbooks are a pain to make but who do really meed all 64 spells if you are not a pure mage.

Some may only use a few spells like gating, cure, heal, EV and a few more.
I think we would see new standards of spellbooks with maybe 10 spells on the vendor for non mages.
Same with other spellbooks with scrolls in them.

Runebooks, do you really need more than one? The rest can be in your house or bank or just have a few main runes in each and then switch the books depending of what you plan to do.

Also I'm sure it would let us see runebooks with towns or with dungeons on the vendors.

The reason I want resource deeds to stay blessed is, I do not want to see greedy PK's camp vendors when players buy expensive resource deeds.
Players will still need to get their resource loot from the spawn to their bank or house without getting killed so if PK's want resources, they need to get them in the wilderness from the spawn or from their victims.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2002
London, UK
I don't see any reason why you should only be allowed to bless only one runebook. I have a number of books. Towns, Dungeons, Friends Homes and a Lockpicking book with runes to different gypsy camp spawns.

They don't effect anyone elses gameplay.

Sure, you can say it'll help the crafters. But i can't imagine any crafter really making much profit from non-blessed runebooks with Siege's population.

V

Vaelix

Or... we Could just Push for Faction and Non Faction Arties to be improved.

All that other fun stuff aside..

The Bottom line is.. Newbies (You) [Lol] Who *Only* suit up with imbued suits (Full No Arties) are going to be Stomped By Faction Suit And Non Faction Arty Suits alike, because Arties Add Crucial Mods that you generally cannot find otherwise.. Or Not enough of.. DCI is a Perfect Example of this.

Insurance is trash for Siege, Thats one of the Reasons siege is fun.. Not because of looting in general, but When someone comes to Raid you and they are Blue/Insurance.. They come right back.. And Jesus it is lame, With Looting (Factions yes as well.. but Looting big time) you can take people Out of the fight Completely thus giving you more time to do Whatever you are doing.

Please no Insurance, Yes Arties - This is all we need. (Everyone)

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 11, 2010
Chesapeake/Atlantic
Pets, want one blessed so you can rez it with all it stats, you should have to use your Siege Bless options
If not blessed, it should have some kind of temp stat loss. Temp stat loss would not matter for a horse or a working beetle but it would for a pet used as a weapon.
It is not worth using up a Siege bless on a pet, the stat/skill loss isn't great enough to warrant it.

Pets already have stat/skill loss upon each death but it can easily be retrained with little effort imo.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
I don't see any reason why you should only be allowed to bless only one runebook. I have a number of books. Towns, Dungeons, Friends Homes and a Lockpicking book with runes to different gypsy camp spawns.

They don't effect anyone elses gameplay.

Sure, you can say it'll help the crafters. But i can't imagine any crafter really making much profit from non-blessed runebooks with Siege's population.
If you only had one runebook, I believe you would traveling alot more on feets or mount instead of always jumping from place to place.

I get sad when I see players gate to get to a place few screens away.

If more would run instead of jump, the shard would look more alive.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
It is not worth using up a Siege bless on a pet, the stat/skill loss isn't great enough to warrant it.

Pets already have stat/skill loss upon each death but it can easily be retrained with little effort imo.
I did speak about a temp stat loss, something like factions stat loss, that would make the pet very weak for 20 min or more.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
Oh back in the Day with 2 Hit Combos with a Haly mage were the Norm and the Overall Quality of PvP was "Slow"?

Those Days?

Or Maybe the Days when *You* Ran a Double Axe then just Did.. Double Strike Pain Spike instant kills.. Are those the Skillfull days you are talking about?
lol you guys are truly AOS wonders aren't you? There was no pain spike 10 years ago. Case n point...

But to me pub 16 (the introduction of runics) was my favorite time in UO.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
Uh? Just because players don't mind insurance doesn't mean they don't mind things like Trammel where you cannot kill other players.

Reds can't go to malas or tokuno or ilshenar or much of ter mur on any other shard.

There's no trammel on Siege.

I don't want insurance either, but I don't want the crappy loot and crafter ingredient drops (on both the monsters AND players I kill), expensive faction items, everybody and their mother but me running stealth crap we got now... so yeah, I'll settle too.

Anything to get more people out and about playing on Siege instead of worrying and crying about pixels. That's all people like cheapsuit seem to do is cry about pixels. Maybe if these super-bad players had better access to gear, they'd be more apt to go out and just play even if it means they'll die.
Rofl so you gonna try to throw me under the bus? You do realize you're probably the weakest link in your guild don't you? You are the one BFF member that no one gets nervous when they see come on the screen. I think you trying to convince siege that you are an elite player is very comical at best. lol

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
If only FrejaSP would stop living in the past.
I wouldn't exactly call copying success living in the past, it's a concept that's been practiced for thousands of years. that's the whole problem with the devs, them trying to reinvent the wheel when things are going smooth. There is nothing wrong with adding new content to the game but you have to be competent enough to do it without changing the concept and basis of the game like they did with Age of Shadows.

All AOS done was mess up the balance, and once you do that you go on a never ending nerf spree trying to restore the balance you once had and in the end you never get it back right.

B

Black magick

You sure have started a storm here Vortex. Between Freja's ******** ideas, Drax being Drax, Cheapy thinking he's good at the game, and all the other elements in here I think we might have a 3 pager.

H

Hugibear

@ Huggi - 5x cost for insurance would only keep people in their houses where they have been for the past year+. Your group is already screaming and stomping their feet for lower cost faction arties that are 5x prodo cost, you think they they will want to pay 5x cost for insurance? I wouldn't hold my breath on that one! lol
Are you telling me people dont have 50k to spend upon death. Are you serious? I am not a farmer and I can make easy 150k per hour. And are you really comparing the drop rate of silver with the drop rate of goldies?
Right now as it is if I kill someone with an all imbued suit it is gonna cost them an easy 70k to replace it. So in fact my 5x prodo cost for insurance would be cheaper. har! Way to twist this around like everything people post here. Tell me a good idea to get people here, and please dont say increased drop of arties and such, because who is that gonna get here? New players aren't gonna come for items they can lose right away, if they are used to be able to insurance things.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
If only FrejaSP would stop living in the past.
I wouldn't exactly call copying success living in the past, it's a concept that's been practiced for thousands of years. that's the whole problem with the devs, them trying to reinvent the wheel when things are going smooth. There is nothing wrong with adding new content to the game but you have to be competent enough to do it without changing the concept and basis of the game like they did with Age of Shadows.

All AOS done was mess up the balance, and once you do that you go on a never ending nerf spree trying to restore the balance you once had and in the end you never get it back right.
AOS was never adjusted for a full loot - no tram version of UO. It was designed with insurance and inhibited hunting in mind and when they gave it to us, they changed NOTHING about how it worked for Siege.

If artifacts weren't so ridiculously hard to get, the PBD issue would have never been an issue. Sammy helm/ember legs would have never been an issue (there's so many better things to use!) Blessed masks would have never been an issue. All the crap we've been dealing with since would have been no big deal and I'm sure a lot more would have stayed a lot longer because it would have been more fun.

We didn't get an even higher boost to GM armor with arms lore for no reason. We use and lose the items... we should be able to replace them.

Good post Vaelix

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
If you only had one runebook, I believe you would traveling alot more on feets or mount instead of always jumping from place to place.

I get sad when I see players gate to get to a place few screens away.

If more would run instead of jump, the shard would look more alive.
Right. And 80% of this shard runs stealth... I'm sure it will look so alive when everyone is stealthing from place to place instead.

No thanks to your ridiculous ideas.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
I don't know whether there's any connection to insurance or not, but I stopped bothering with vendors on Europa ages ago. Everything I stocked for the benefit of players was cleaned out and taken to Luna to re-sell as soon as I finished loading the vendor. My choice was working flat out to try to keep the vendor stocked, leaving no time to play any other char or leaving the vendors standing empty 23½ hours out of every 24. I decided to stop spending all my time putting gold in someone else's pocket.
Siege has the only healthy economy in the game. I'd hate to see that balance undermined.
Dupes.

Insurance is actually a gold sink Siege does not have. Considering the caliber of items most siege players use... I believe this would do nothing but boost the economy actually. People won't be putting together just one suit, because people run different templates and each template requires a different suit.

No only that, but an up-tick in population would do wonders too boost the economy and activity and PvP and everything on this shard.

Good post Hugi

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
You sure have started a storm here Vortex. Between Freja's ******** ideas, Drax being Drax, Cheapy thinking he's good at the game, and all the other elements in here I think we might have a 3 pager.
Yeah, sorry, was just an idea I was throwing out. I don't think anyones ideas are ********, but we all do look at the game from different perspectives. I know what it would take for me to start pvp'ing again. Increasing the spawns and lowering silver costs arent going to get me back into pvp. I think they are good ideas, but for me, it wont help. It still involves farming.

The problem is (as several people have pointed out), I'm just too far behind the curve. I die too easily and too fast and I can't learn, improve my timing and tactics, or anything else because I spend all my limited time replacing equipment from the last time I died. With insurance, at least I could be back up and fighting shortly after dying. You can't learn and improve unless you can practice.

Soulweaver actaully had the best advice for me. He said go to a prodo shard or to TC and practice there. When you get better, then you can come back here and live longer. I'm taking that advice.

I only brought all this up because I suspect that there are many others who would love to join into the Siege pvp but ahve the same issues with limited time and equipment. All of the arguements I have heard against it are valid, but it seems we hear a lot of arguements and very few solutions.

V

Vaelix

The Thing is Vortex..

Limited Time is solved by Easier to obtain artifacts for Everyone.

Limited Skill/Experience is solved by the fact that its not a Massive hassle to suit back up after you die, So you can get back on the Field more quickly, Thus getting more Pvp experience and becomming over all better, ect..

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
Tell me a good idea to get people here, and please dont say increased drop of arties and such, because who is that gonna get here?
Lets add a tram facet. That would get tons of people here, and is as bad an idea as adding in insurance.

Basically the only way siege is going to get a lot more players without just making it a regular shard is is UO as a whole got a lot more players. It's simple as that. Thats why it was more busy in the past. There were many more players overall.

I think we need to face the fact that this is a low population shard, and game.

That said there are changes to make things better for those of us who DO play here, which have already been addressed 1010101030343 times elsewhere so I wont rehash it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
We didn't get an even higher boost to GM armor with arms lore for no reason. We use and lose the items... we should be able to replace them.
Correct, items should be easily replaceable, but you SHOULD lose them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
The problem is (as several people have pointed out), I'm just too far behind the curve. I die too easily and too fast and I can't learn, improve my timing and tactics, or anything else because I spend all my limited time replacing equipment from the last time I died. With insurance, at least I could be back up and fighting shortly after dying. You can't learn and improve unless you can practice.
Practice with guildies? Or some other friends or something? Thats what I would do, were I inclined.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2009
Why the hell are people still posting in this thread? I pwned at as soon as it started!!

Kat, if you don't make the poll about introducing tots/cursedarties/imbuing ingreds increase, I'm going to do it. Seems like everyone likes disagreeing with each other over and over and over and over about the same thing.

Get the hell off stratics and play, ffs. ;(

B

Black magick

Soulweaver actaully had the best advice for me. He said go to a prodo shard or to TC and practice there. When you get better, then you can come back here and live longer. I'm taking that advice.

I only brought all this up because I suspect that there are many others who would love to join into the Siege pvp but ahve the same issues with limited time and equipment. All of the arguements I have heard against it are valid, but it seems we hear a lot of arguements and very few solutions.
It's kinda funny how a lot of people here look down on prodo shards calling people who play there trammies. And yet the reason we go is to fight in fel. I agree with soul's advice, I tell people who want to get better to go to TC. TC > prodo for what you're trying to do IMO because you can change templates easily and once you get your first suit you have gear at the ready. It kinda depends on what template you're trying to get better on, some templates there are limited amounts of things you can really do better on.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Yeah, sorry, was just an idea I was throwing out. I don't think anyones ideas are ********, but we all do look at the game from different perspectives. I know what it would take for me to start pvp'ing again. Increasing the spawns and lowering silver costs arent going to get me back into pvp. I think they are good ideas, but for me, it wont help. It still involves farming.

I think players like Uvtha would be out farming items... while players like you are buying their stuff.

Co-dependence on each other is the whole point of the system.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
I think players like Uvtha would be out farming items... while players like you are buying their stuff.

And thats what insurance would kill. Sure it might be good for a few months, but then, it will be like it is on prodo shards. The loss of things, and further need for interaction is important, but that difficulty needs to be balanced for our actual circumstances, not catch as catch can.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 5, 2006
i say no to insurance but what about a tram still no insurance just a world that new players may train in with out the fear of getting killed by a wondering red

i would even go to the extreme and say no housing in tram either just a land to train no special loots or drops nothing just the most basic of creatures just a land for those newbies to train

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
The Thing is Vortex..

Limited Time is solved by Easier to obtain artifacts for Everyone.
I agree 100%. I just don't think the Dev's are going to do that.

As far as training with guildmates and such, that only gets you so far. Gilfane is not a pvp guild and I can only get decent experience there. To improve, you have to play against the top players. Kage, Calibretto, Wulf, and a few others have helped me on occasion, but its still not the same unless you are in the field actually fighting.

As I said, I'll go to TC and prodo and hopefully improve there. Then maybe I'll be back. But this isn't about me. I agree with Hugibear that while the increased drops will benefit the current players, I don't believe it will bring new blood to Siege.

The fact is most prodo players LOVE their super-suits. There is no incentive to come here and lose things. The people who love Siege for its current playset are already here. Something has to change if you want new people to come.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
i say no to insurance but what about a tram still no insurance just a world that new players may train in with out the fear of getting killed by a wondering red

i would even go to the extreme and say no housing in tram either just a land to train no special loots or drops nothing just the most basic of creatures just a land for those newbies to train
Probably doesn't even require the whole land of trammel. Newbies on prodo shards have New Haven which is basically what you are talking about.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com

And thats what insurance would kill. Sure it might be good for a few months, but then, it will be like it is on prodo shards. The loss of things, and further need for interaction is important, but that difficulty needs to be balanced for our actual circumstances, not catch as catch can.
Kinda hard to kill something that doesn't currently exist. You act like we have that now when we don't.

I don't see the community coming together and pushing for better monster loot, cheaper silver costs and passive detect. The guys who understand this game better than the rest have come out and proposed these fixes with what you say in mind and people like Kat and cheapsuit stonewall them.

I'm sure the devs will have no problem implementing insurance. Maybe we should work on getting more people on board for the better monster loot, cheaper silver costs and passive detect... or maybe it's time for insurance.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2006
your moms room
Ok, I'm sure I'm gonna be flamed here, but what the heck.

How does the community feel about insurance? I know it goes against what Siege traditionally is, but as several others have said, you can't go back and it seems to me that doing something is better than doing nothing. It's been said that UO will not stop being an item based game, and I have to say thats pretty accurate (even if I don't like it).

Upsides:

1. It would solve the faction artifact issues. The cost of the item wont matter if it is insured anyway.

2. It will solve the buyback crying.

3. It will help pvm'ers to put together nice suits and not be afraid to go out in them. They may even be able to defend spawns better and provide a bit more pvp fun.

4. And this is just my opinion, I think more players will consider coming here from prodo shards.

Downsides:

1. It may hurt crafters and they will be needed less often if people don't have to replace suits.

Ok, ignoring the "its not what Siege is meant to be comments", what other positive/negatives am I not thinking of?

umm.... NO!

Just so you know they have plenty of other shards just like that, just saying.

FAIL!

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Are you telling me people dont have 50k to spend upon death. Are you serious? I am not a farmer and I can make easy 150k per hour. And are you really comparing the drop rate of silver with the drop rate of goldies?
Right now as it is if I kill someone with an all imbued suit it is gonna cost them an easy 70k to replace it. So in fact my 5x prodo cost for insurance would be cheaper. har! Way to twist this around like everything people post here. Tell me a good idea to get people here, and please dont say increased drop of arties and such, because who is that gonna get here? New players aren't gonna come for items they can lose right away, if they are used to be able to insurance things.
I gotta agree with Hugi here...i'm honest when I say I don't really care about increase artifact drops...cause I don't really pvm (other than spawns I guess) That being said I would probally not insure alot of items in my backpack. Just the important pieces to my suit that I couldn't readily imbue or replace I guess

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 13, 2007
Siege Perilous
www.unnaturalnature.com
I suggested a form of "insurance" last year, which is more of a product registration for role playing purposes. You still lose the item, but the looter or thief gets to decide if they will return your insured item to the correct NPC who insured it for a finders fee ( bounty ), wear the item themselves, sell it, store it in house, or toss it in the trash can.

Thread Here

As far as item insurance on Siege, I say no!

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
MB, CA
My opinion:
Insurance goes against everything Siege stands for, and I will quit Siege if it comes here.

That said, I think Siege should get insurance.

The UO I played and loved is dead, it's not coming back. I poke the corpse with a stick every so often, hoping it's not really dead, but it is. Why not do something that will get the next generation of Siege-liters to come breathe some life into the shard?

R

Rothen

What if the fee the insured paid upon his/her death went to the one who killed him or her? That would probably be difficult to code, especially if it was 2 or more attackers, etc.. But thought I'd throw it out there after dowsing it with lighter fluid, lol. :popcorn:

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
MB, CA
I thought that was how it already worked on prodo. Or at least, a portion.

Isn't that why they're all so fond of res-killing?

S

Sunchicken

I wouldnt mind insurance on siege one bit. Actually i agree with Vortex. I would love to make up ONE PIMP SUIT then stick it to noobletts fulltime instead of having to go farm 7.6 billion silver pieces due to the messed up pricing.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010

This is truly a sad day, first siege ask for insurance and now trammel????? lol wow.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
I don't see the community coming together and pushing for better monster loot, cheaper silver costs and passive detect. The guys who understand this game better than the rest have come out and proposed these fixes with what you say in mind and people like Kat and cheapsuit stonewall them.
I have seen zero resistance to these ideas. The only resistance I have seen at all is a handful of people who want faction items removed.

This poll is ALL for it: (cept for a few people... and who are they?)
Stratics Forums - View Poll Results

And this poll:
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-siege-perilous/221632-faction-non-faction-changes.html

I know you are sour about not everyone agreeing with your passive detect poll, but it was 50/50 after all.

People are all for lowering silver costs (if we have have faction arties) and adding upped loot drops. Its like 80% for. And I don't know kat at all, but if youll notice she voted "for" on the only of the polls where you can see who voted.

E

Elmer Fudd

I would say insurance for selfish reasons opf course that i wouldnt have to suit up again, but I have a few crafters that supply me with a lot of goods and armor, i just would hate to see them loose good buisnes because I wouldnt need there services anymore....IMO

Petra
Ginsu
Sara Dale

These guys supply me with lots of goodies and treat me very well...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
I have seen zero resistance to these ideas. The only resistance I have seen at all is a handful of people who want faction items removed.

This poll is ALL for it: (cept for a few people... and who are they?)
Stratics Forums - View Poll Results

And this poll:
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-siege-perilous/221632-faction-non-faction-changes.html

I know you are sour about not everyone agreeing with your passive detect poll, but it was 50/50 after all.

People are all for lowering silver costs (if we have have faction arties) and adding upped loot drops. Its like 80% for. And I don't know kat at all, but if youll notice she voted "for" on the only of the polls where you can see who voted.
I'm sour? lol. The only thing I'm sour about is the fact that we're most likely not getting any changes. UO's my all time favorite videogame and it's broken to the point of unplayable...

And for the record, roughly 70% of this shard is for some form of passive detect (a minority wants it to remain the same.) 50/50 my ass.

A

Arden

This is truly a sad day, first siege ask for insurance and now trammel????? lol wow.
We also asked you to stop lying. When we get that, we will get insurance, and maybe tammel! Basically like pigs flying...

Anyhoo, if people are ok with insurance on siege, why even play siege?

Secondly, with the suit buy backs, is that because they are so expensive to build? Honestly, I dont know where I stand with buy backs. Pvping previously, I was more likely to toss your gear in the trash before offering to sell it back to you. Thats how I felt siege should have been played. I havent even attempted to farm a suit of armor yet, so I dont know how important the "buy backs" are.

H

Hugibear

I dont look at insurance (or lack there of) as a defining characteristic of siege. My view has changed since imbuing, before I thought it was not anymore. Imbuing has brought a great balance in gear, anyone can make whatever they think is best for their character, and it really isnt that hard. In a selfish way I would love to see insurance, this way I dont have to worry about buybacks i just collect the gold from killing you. Of course it would have to be 5x the cost, which is a little cheaper than most reg imbued armor sell for.

I now believe that the one character per account, and no tram is what sets this shard apart. The one character is huge, you cant hide who you people will sniff you out. I also believe that without a major change to the shard like insurance there is going to be no growth in population.

Arden as far as your trashing stuff, that basic mentality is what landed us where we currently are. Dont get me wrong I love cutting up peoples armor but people dont like to lose their stuff they worked hard to get. So if you enjoy playing a dead shard, than by all means lets keep it the way it is.

A

Arden

Arden as far as your trashing stuff, that basic mentality is what landed us where we currently are. Dont get me wrong I love cutting up peoples armor but people dont like to lose their stuff they worked hard to get. So if you enjoy playing a dead shard, than by all means lets keep it the way it is.
What should I have done with it? Sell it? There are GM armor suits for sale on every other vendor, Leave it? Might as well have insurance. Only loot what I want? I guess but there is no fun in that. There should be risks of running around outside of guardzone, or in factions for that matter.

Can you unravel, imbued items?

H

Hugibear

I am not saying you did anything wrong by trashin the gear, just saying that is what landed us to this point. the risk would be 5k per insured item, hell make it even more like 8k per insured item. That would make it like 72k per suit with jewels and weapon, that aint bad. As for our crafters there would still be plenty to craft and make. People are always lookin for different gear like pots, shurikens, aids, other suits and tons of other stuff.

You can unravel just about everything but you dont get nearly what was put into it. What you would get wouldnt be worth the time to unravel it, which only takes a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.