• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the others yeah I love looting people, but there isnt many people to loot anymore. If Kat, Arden, Chard, and JC actually tried to pvp they would understand this. How can someone make an informed decision about something they currently know nothing about?
**** off Hugi - As if none of us have ever pk'd or participated in PvP! Furthermore, to have an opinion on this, one DOES NOT HAVE TO PVP. Stop acting like that is a requirement to form an opinion. Every member of this shard has the right to an opinion on this and every other issue.
Not too mention Hugi i was pvping on SP before you and your little lame ass WAKA guild came over here...just remeber son i was here wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before you decided to drop a pair and come to SP...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't honestly believe we are having a conversation about putting insurance on sp it's a ****ing joke much like the players that want it on sp...here some advice go play a ****ing prodo shard if you want insurance...

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, I think the impact to thieves is minimal. I've not had anything stolen in years, and this from someone who stands around in Luna a lot.

For those of you who have this "keep Siege the same, don't change it and if you don't like it go to a prodo shard attitude", think on this famous quote.

"If you keep doing what you are doing you will always get what you got."

That attitude will be the death of Siege and we can all go to prodo shards.

What makes Siege so different to me is that I can be freely attacked anywhere I would be hunting. This simply is not true on prodo shards and that makes it boring for the hunter and for the pk's.

While I understand there is excitement with the possibility of losing your gear, I would think the increased chances of getting pk'ed at all would be more fun then the practically 0% chance of getting pk'ed on this dead shard currently.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, I think the impact to thieves is minimal. I've not had anything stolen in years, and this from someone who stands around in Luna a lot.

For those of you who have this "keep Siege the same, don't change it and if you don't like it go to a prodo shard attitude", think on this famous quote.

What makes Siege so different to me is that I can be freely attacked anywhere I would be hunting. This simply is not true on prodo shards and that makes it boring for the hunter and for the pk's.

While I understand there is excitement with the possibility of losing your gear, I would think the increased chances of getting pk'ed at all would be more fun then the practically 0% chance of getting pk'ed on this dead shard currently.
FAIL...

The dev team has been the death of SP...but i love how your trying to say since there's no insurance on SP that's why it's dead...in case you haven't noticed ALL servers are dying quickly...it's just worse for sp because this is the only "hardcore" server left which since WoW has over 13m subscribers it's painfully obvious people cling on to their items like a phat girl with a big mac...

BTW, FAIL...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Your talking about killing farmers? Are you serious? You want excitement next time your in general tell Bo where your at...there's your excitement...because your last two paragraphs talked about killing farmers...wow...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vortex - I think we have been looking for things to change that we can agree on. We are not looking for things to remain the same. The possibility of insurance is simply one thing a lot of us aren't willing to change. IMO, its too big a step in the Trammel direction.

Introducing increased drops of all arties and ingredients accomplishes at least two things that are beneficial to Siege:

1. Reducing the cost to equip
2. It gets people out and about to farm up these items

I could go further and say that it could also:

3. Stimulate the economy to some degree and eventually put more items for sale on vendors
4. Increases the opportunity for pking and PvP

The same can't be said for insurance.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Kat, wasn't directed at you. Several people have said to leave it alone totally. Was directed at them.

I agree that those changes would benefit Siege. In fact, I even voted accordingly. I just don't think the Dev's are going to do that.

It's quite possible they would never consider insurance either (tho I think it would be an easier programming change). I'm just throwing out ideas. I figure thats better than some people who don't play, complain about every idea that is thrown out yet never make suggestions themselves, and use the forums as a means to make themselves feel better by insulting others.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Kat, wasn't directed at you. Several people have said to leave it alone totally. Was directed at them.

I agree that those changes would benefit Siege. In fact, I even voted accordingly. I just don't think the Dev's are going to do that.

It's quite possible they would never consider insurance either (tho I think it would be an easier programming change). I'm just throwing out ideas. I figure thats better than some people who don't play, complain about every idea that is thrown out yet never make suggestions themselves, and use the forums as a means to make themselves feel better by insulting others.
I tear'd up...honestly...

I fought for this shard a longgggggggggggg time...sadly the people that care don't give a flying ****...smell the coffee...

*i feel better about myself*

Do i get a A in psychology now too?

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really just think you're in denial if you think adding insurance to Siege will make much difference in population.

You'll end up with the same population level as it has now, except you've taken away one of the few things that makes Siege actually exciting and dangerous.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vortex - I think we have been looking for things to change that we can agree on. We are not looking for things to remain the same. The possibility of insurance is simply one thing a lot of us aren't willing to change. IMO, its too big a step in the Trammel direction.
There's a good chunk of player's who aren't willing to support improving monster loot, factions and the stealth problem either.

Maybe those who are really against insurance should start trying to muster up as much support as they can get for the alternative.

It's already fall and this community has wasted the whole summer bickering over what people want for themselves. Times up.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really just think you're in denial if you think adding insurance to Siege will make much difference in population.

You'll end up with the same population level as it has now, except you've taken away one of the few things that makes Siege actually exciting and dangerous.
Ya, i really agree Varka because SP is not the only server taking a hit on population ALL servers are dying...if SP dies so be it but don't turn it into the other 25 servers...

*famous quote alert*

"If he dies, he dies*

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's already fall and this community has wasted the whole summer bickering over what people want for themselves. Times up.
Pot + Kettle = Draxous...

*ding ding ding, tell him what he's won tabitha!*

Faction Arties ring a bell?

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really think that based on... what?
Why would you think people WOULD come?

You honestly think there'd be some huge influx of players willing to abandon everything on every production shard they've ever earned over the past 13 years to get the exact same experience they could have gotten at any time they wanted on the Felucca facet of their current home?

You might get some initial interest, and attract a few long-term players, but I bet you wouldn't see enough interest to replace the players who'd inevitably leave.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a good chunk of player's who aren't willing to support improving monster loot, factions and the stealth problem either.

Maybe those who are really against insurance should start trying to muster up as much support as they can get for the alternative.

Oh Reaaaaaaaly? There is a "good chunk" of people who don't support it? I suggest you let the air out of your head and come on down back to earth and take a look at this big 80 percent chunk of the population that "doesn't" support it? LMAO

This is why no one takes you seriously. Somehow you have gotten the impression that we don't know **** from shinola. WRONG again! Please take your meds or go back to your trammel shard. Either one will suffice.

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other thing that bothers me about insurance is that I'd really hate to see production-style gearing everywhere on the shard.

A significant portion of the community will be running around with ridiculous levels of LRC/LMC/SDI/fast casting/mana increase/etc. etc. etc. in a very short time.

That would SUCK.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other thing that bothers me about insurance is that I'd really hate to see production-style gearing everywhere on the shard.

A significant portion of the community will be running around with ridiculous levels of LRC/LMC/SDI/fast casting/mana increase/etc. etc. etc. in a very short time.

That would SUCK.
They already do now...

*cough*

Faction Arties...

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I dunno anything about the faction arties. I just re-opened my account, haven't seen more than three people so far.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Varka - Are you aware of Global Chat? I'm not sure if the default setting is on or off, but you can turn it on by clicking on "Chat" in the upper tool bar, then select the "General" chat and "Join" down at the bottom. All chat appears in the game window.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I dunno anything about the faction arties. I just re-opened my account, haven't seen more than three people so far.
So you've been recommending changes and putting your 2cents in on a game that you haven't played in more than two years?

Good jerb

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh Reaaaaaaaly? There is a "good chunk" of people who don't support it? I suggest you let the air out of your head and come on down back to earth and take a look at this big 80 percent chunk of the population that "doesn't" support it? LMAO

This is why no one takes you seriously. Somehow you have gotten the impression that we don't know **** from shinola. WRONG again! Please take your meds or go back to your trammel shard. Either one will suffice.
Calm down.

Why are you quoting a ******** poll? How does your poll help faction players deal with re-equipping. It doesn't. Insurance does though.

There was a lot who voted in that thread for boosting monster loot with the caveat that faction artifact costs would also be lowered.

Want to see how your manipulating psychotic crap comes off. How many players support JUST boosting monster loot? Hmm gee, it was 16%. Do you know what % of your poll is represented in that 16%?

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-siege-perilous/221632-faction-non-faction-changes.html

The population isn't supporting what you're trying to IMPLY they are. Only 72% of the population has come together to support fixing the "re-equipping" problem. That's not enough. Period.

Now you can continue to try and fool yourself into thinking you've got support for whatever the hell it is you're wishing you did, but you don't. You can fool yourself all you want, but no body reading this thread is having problems seeing through your crap. Most certainly not the devs who are looking for any excuse not to give us jack-****.

Siege doesn't have a united community's support to fix squat. Help me, help yourself, help us all get the support needed to make monster loot, factions and the problem with stealth better. If we had the support, this topic wouldn't be being discussed.

But we're discussing it so maybe take those meds you so commonly refer to and get to work. Or don't and we'll continue this discussion with or without you.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you've been recommending changes and putting your 2cents in on a game that you haven't played in more than two years?

Good jerb
Didn't you hear what he said? He just reactivated his account...he's got a opinion...if BR can have accounts active and never play SP and play Atl 24/7 Varka can too...

Wait, wait, better yet you play Atl, you shouldn't have a opinion about SP right?

Good jerb...

S

Sunchicken

Yeah, I dunno anything about the faction arties. I just re-opened my account, haven't seen more than three people so far.[/QUOTE]

I rest my case...

Like it or not something is going to have to change. Maybe insurance isnt the proper method of change, but i imagine it would attract players to siege.

Maybe 3 Siege blesses instead of 1

Look either way i will adjust and adapt but i sugest others try it as well...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really think that based on... what?
Why would you think people WOULD come?

You honestly think there'd be some huge influx of players willing to abandon everything on every production shard they've ever earned over the past 13 years to get the exact same experience they could have gotten at any time they wanted on the Felucca facet of their current home?

You might get some initial interest, and attract a few long-term players, but I bet you wouldn't see enough interest to replace the players who'd inevitably leave.
So you got nothing.

I already stated why they would come. Please just go back and read instead of trying to deflect with nonsense.

Good jerb

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Calm down.

Why are you quoting a ******** poll? How does your poll help faction players deal with re-equipping. It doesn't. Insurance does though.

There was a lot who voted in that thread for boosting monster loot with the caveat that faction artifact costs would also be lowered.

Want to see how your manipulating psychotic crap comes off. How many players support JUST boosting monster loot? Hmm gee, it was 16%. Do you know what % of your poll is represented in that 16%?

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-siege-perilous/221632-faction-non-faction-changes.html

The population isn't supporting what you're trying to IMPLY they are. Only 72% of the population has come together to support fixing the "re-equipping" problem. That's not enough. Period.

Now you can continue to try and fool yourself into thinking you've got support for whatever the hell it is you're wishing you did, but you don't. You can fool yourself all you want, but no body reading this thread is having problems seeing through your crap. Most certainly not the devs who are looking for any excuse not to give us jack-****.

Siege doesn't have a united community's support to fix squat. Help me, help yourself, help us all get the support needed to make monster loot, factions and the problem with stealth better. If we had the support, this topic wouldn't be being discussed.

But we're discussing it so maybe take those meds you so commonly refer to and get to work. Or don't and we'll continue this discussion with or without you.
FYI...all polls are ********...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you got nothing.

I already stated why they would come. Please just go back and read instead of trying to deflect with nonsense.

You stated why you THINK they would come it's called a opinion learn it...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI... no one believes you when you say you're barely online anymore...
FYI...no one believes you when you say you play SP...matter of fact i don't remember seeing a black rain or draxous on sp till 2004...

C wut i did thur?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI... no one believes you when you say you're barely online anymore...
FYI...no one believes you when you say you play SP...matter of fact i don't remember seeing a black rain or draxous on sp till 2004...

C wut i did thur?
I've been here since 2000.

FYI...no one believes you when you say anything...matter of fact uve been trash at this game (and forum) since you got here.

C wut i did thur?!?!

You hurt my feelings
C wut i did hur?!?!?!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets just lock this thread now. It's been over a for a while...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been here since 2000.

FYI...no one believes you when you say anything...matter of fact uve been trash at this game (and forum) since you got here.

C wut i did thur?!?!
OH I SEE WUT U DID THUR!

You build a home on SP and never play SP and play ATL 24/7...

I C Wut U did thur!

You hurt my feelings too when you told me i was trash at the forums too btw that was a low blow... (no pun intended)

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets just lock this thread now. It's been over a for a while...
Agreed. The few folks that want Insurance on SP, already play on another shard. If they want insurance they can play there and stop trying to force such a ridiculous change on SP.

Case Closed.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. The few folks that want Insurance on SP, already play on another shard. If they want insurance they can play there and stop trying to force such a ridiculous change on SP.

Case Closed.
*passes out*

For once i've seen a women right in my life!

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Good jerb
I haven't played here since just before 8th anniversary edition, so that's like 5 or 6 years at this point?

However, I HAVE been playing UO for the past five years, and I can tell you that the reasons I re-opened my account earlier this week will no longer be in effect if Siege gets insurance...

But feel free to use whatever unrelated criteria you want to dismiss my opinion, you're only trying to convince yourself.

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you got nothing.

The list I posted are my reasons why people would NOT be interested in coming.

It was subtle, granted, but here's a hint: The first question was rhetorical, and intended to underscore my disbelief that anyone could seriously consider that this sort of change would be positive.

I bet people have to spend a lot of time explaining jokes to you.

F

Førsaken

N
O

I
N
S
U
R
A
N
C
E

!

Although, I will admit that it might get some of you kids playing again. The number one reason people aren't PvP'ing is fear of losing their suit. Even Mono stated he doesn't want to fight us for this very reason. Which I find to be silly, seeing how the buy backs are so cheap right now!

But yes, if you want insurance go to one of the many prodo shards.

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rest my case...

Like it or not something is going to have to change. Maybe insurance isnt the proper method of change, but i imagine it would attract players to siege.

It might have a positive impact on population.

I just don't believe it would.

Trammel exists for a reason, insurance exists for a reason, and both of those reasons are that people don't like Siege-style gameplay.

In general, the people that won't play unless there's insurance are also the type of people who won't play unless they can farm their doom arties/paragons without being PKd.

The people Draxous seems to think populate production shards left UO a long time ago, in my opinion.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
N
O

I
N
S
U
R
A
N
C
E

!

Although, I will admit that it might get some of you kids playing again. The number one reason people aren't PvP'ing is fear of losing their suit. Even Mono stated he doesn't want to fight us for this very reason. Which I find to be silly, seeing how the buy backs are so cheap right now!

Smartest thing i've heard you say in a longtime...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The people Draxous seems to think populate production shards left UO a long time ago, in my opinion.
I agree, either they left prodo to come play sp in 1999 or found out about sp and left prodo to come here what's left over is...well you got the point...

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I dunno anything about the faction arties. I just re-opened my account, haven't seen more than three people so far.[/QUOTE]

I rest my case...

Agreed

Perhaps a couple of Siege Blesses or something would be the answer. People are looking into anything that could be viable in getting people to log in or try out Siege. I'm not sold on insurance...but it is a viable option. I think the community seems to be too divided on the other changes proposed so other options should be discussed. I don't really see an issue with that.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
N
O

I
N
S
U
R
A
N
C
E

!

Haven't you guys been playing on prodo just to get some fights in?? lol

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
N
O

I
N
S
U
R
A
N
C
E

!

Thats what I was talking about, and why I disliked the idea of faction arties. Thats the harm they did. In theory they seemed like they could help, but they just got people hooked on uber suits, rather than the catch as catch can gear people ran with before.

If they lower silver prices, and add in more similar items outside of factions the problem will evaporate. No insurance needed, and everyone is for it.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
N
O

I
N
S
U
R
A
N
C
E

!

They contradict on a daily basis, one minute there's pvp non stop then the next minute they're crying there's no one to fight...it's quite comical actually...

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Case Closed.
Couldn't the same be said about you? You took yourself and your guild to a freeshard. Following your logic, why are YOU posting opinions?

A least I still play here and a prodo shard.

F

Førsaken

N
O

I
N
S
U
R
A
N
C
E

!

They contradict on a daily basis, one minute there's pvp non stop then the next minute they're crying there's no one to fight...it's quite comical actually...
Your stupidity blows my mind. When there is no action on Siege Perilous, I now play on Atlantic. When Atlantic bores me, I now play on Siege Perilous even though both get very boring all the time. Mainly because of kids such as yourself-You fight here, but not in game.

@Kael - AND? lol Just because I play on a production shard doesn't mean I want item insurance on Siege Perilous.

*Either way, I'll be playing and do think Siege Perilous would be more active if it happened*

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats what I was talking about, and why I disliked the idea of faction arties. Thats the harm they did. In theory they seemed like they could help, but they just got people hooked on uber suits, rather than the catch as catch can gear people ran with before.
As time passed it was bound to happen on every server... including this one. The way this game is played evolved. Every game evolves. Look at WoW? You started at level 40, now max level is what? 80? I remember playing this game when just having 10k of each reagent meant you were wealthy.

Faction arties have nothing to do with it. It happened long before they were introduced, you and many others apparently didn't see it though.

If they lower silver prices, and add in more similar items outside of factions the problem will evaporate. No insurance needed, and everyone is for it.
Most of us talking about insurance are only doing so because there's not enough support for this. Talk to your friends. Talk to anyone you know on Siege. Get the support together and we'll push for it.

If we can't do that... then insurance is definitely needed.

H

hukor

How much of a boost will we be talking about here?

To make a difference.

100% 200%

it would have to be a lot to allow the average person to equip in a reasonable amount of time.

H

hukor

remember that incresed monster loot will not bring more people then insurance.

essentialy they accomplish the same thing
insurance would make it a long lasting fix
with more reasons for people to switch or return.

also LOL at the pvpers who as I said already STARTED the insurance on Siege

no backtalk Forsaken shhhhhhhhhhh

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Case Closed.
Couldn't the same be said about you? You took yourself and your guild to a freeshard. Following your logic, why are YOU posting opinions?

A least I still play here and a prodo shard.
Well, first of all, in case you haven't noticed yet, I do not want insurance on SP or anywhere else. Beyond that, it seems you're not quite up to speed on where we are playing these days, but just FYI, no, the same cannot be said. Besides... I think there was a little reading comprehension fail on your part. Check the bold part.

Furthermore, I wasn't necessarily speaking to you. I haven't noticed you FORCING your opinion on anyone, but rather having a logical discussion/debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.