• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I honor the old mods that left the boards - but, do we get any explanation of the situation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I really don't care what he has to say. Not to be offensive or overly rude or anything of the sort.

Each time a new lead developer, head <insert title here> or who ever takes over something, they come here and make some big posting/speech about how much more open they are going to be or about how things are going to be better or their big awesome plans for improvement. And how it is all about the community. And within a month or three it is all shown to be nothing but complete lies and bs. They all seem to have gone to the same marketing class 1101- how much bs will they continue to accept and believe.

I don't want pretty ra-ra speeches filled with crap. Just do it.

This server move recently has me less than optimistic about the new ownership.
I couldn't care less about pretty vision statements either BUT the people here wanted a post from someone in the know about the people who left Stratics staff. The current staff on (me) was told Ron was making a statement about it, that is all I was replying to. Mandrake created this thread looking for an explanation to that situation. If you don't care about what he or possibly other staff have to say then why did you read and reply to a thread specifically looking for someone on staff to explain the situation?

Glenny glenn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I couldn't care less about pretty vision statements either BUT the people here wanted a post from someone in the know about the people who left Stratics staff. The current staff on (me) was told Ron was making a statement about it, that is all I was replying to. Mandrake created this thread looking for an explanation to that situation. If you don't care about what he or possibly other staff have to say then why did you read and reply to a thread specifically looking for someone on staff to explain the situation?
Glad to see staff supporting us for an answer to what happened, really appreciated. And yes that's what the community is looking for right now is some answer to why people we've enjoyed reading over the years have suddenly vanished with generic and sometimes cryptic goodbye letters. I doubt at this point we will get any answers (and personally to me that's childish it sounds like a toddler got mad cause he was told to pick up his toys and didn't want to so they put on the silent treatment, but that's my opinion take that for what you will) but eventually this will all blow over I guess. Sad times indeed for stratics but I really don't wanna see this site go under so i'm hoping we can still keep the quality of what we currently have going.

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Sad times indeed for stratics but I really don't wanna see this site go under so i'm hoping we can still keep the quality of what we currently have going.
Glenny this is so right on. I am so sad on a personal level for those who left, many were good friends. However, they are still friends and I don't stop talking to them just because they decided to move on. More to the point though, WE the posters of this community are what makes this site great. My staff title doesn't make me any more valuable than anyone else here. We the community need to save ourselves. Sure, some guy named Ron owns the site now. Hopefully we will get to know him and find out he is a fantastic guy. Maybe we'll rarely hear from him because he is operating some submarine in the Navy. Either way everyone who chooses to come here and post is what is important, is what makes up this community. So lets forget who has staff badges and all realize we are what is important here.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Each time a new lead developer, head <insert title here> or who ever takes over something, they come here and make some big posting/speech about how much more open they are going to be or about how things are going to be better or their big awesome plans for improvement. And how it is all about the community. And within a month or three it is all shown to be nothing but complete lies and bs.

This server move recently has me less than optimistic about the new ownership.
A couple of tid-bits on this, and I hope I'm not stepping on and toes. The long migration had a lot to do with the fact that instead of moving the 90 plus gigs of compressed data from one physical sever to another, Stratics is now on a cloud network which will allow scalability as new features roll out in the future (No Spoilers from me). This required a lot of reconfiguring of the site, some of which is still being finished.

As to the success and failure of older plans I can tell you this much, a lot of the ideas didn't pan out not because of lack of desire from the administration, but lack of interest and acceptance in the community including at times Staff. To imply the owners were putting on nothing more than a dog and pony show is a bit short sited

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So....Does this help the chances of forcing UO to create its own forum?

*wishes*
Even disregarding the sudden departure of so many Stratics staff, I would think that the forums going offline for a full week during the first Return to Britannia we've had in ages (and right after a major publish) would be more than sufficient reason for Broadsword to take a close critical look into opening their own forum. That was pretty much exactly the most damaging timing for the long server migration. I have no idea what the Broadsword folk think of all this, but I'd sure be mad as a wet hellcat if I was one of them.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even disregarding the sudden departure of so many Stratics staff, I would think that the forums going offline for a full week during the first Return to Britannia we've had in ages (and right after a major publish) would be more than sufficient reason for Broadsword to take a close critical look into opening their own forum. That was pretty much exactly the most damaging timing for the long server migration. I have no idea what the Broadsword folk think of all this, but I'd sure be mad as a wet hellcat if I was one of them.
If they are mad, they only have themselves to blame.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple of tid-bits on this, and I hope I'm not stepping on and toes. The long migration had a lot to do with the fact that instead of moving the 90 plus gigs of compressed data from one physical sever to another, Stratics is now on a cloud network which will allow scalability as new features roll out in the future (No Spoilers from me). This required a lot of reconfiguring of the site, some of which is still being finished.

As to the success and failure of older plans I can tell you this much, a lot of the ideas didn't pan out not because of lack of desire from the administration, but lack of interest and acceptance in the community including at times Staff. To imply the owners were putting on nothing more than a dog and pony show is a bit short sited
1. I have worked with computers, data bases, the internet, cloud services, ect for over 20 years. I know a few things about server migrations. The way this one was handled was quite poor. There should not have been any significant down time. At most, 4-5 hours.

2. I've worked in the corporate world and gaming world enough to know a 'dog and pony' show when I see one. And they have done nothing to disprove it. I am not implying it, I am saying it.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Here I will interject.

The migration took a bit due to misinterpretation of what was to be packaged and moved to our new host. Staff at Stratics had nothing to do with the file movement - we waited for it. Yes, we shut the forums down on Monday night, and I expected to have the files over on our new cloud servers within a few hours. We couldn't open the forums back up due to data issues. The files were fully migrated to their current home by Friday morning. I spent all weekend with our host and various tech support people not only for servers, but softwares, to get us mostly rolling again. Moving from a cPanel environment to RHEL isn't always that smooth - particularly with 94GB of tarballed files in places not expected plus another 30GB of tar'd databases.

I am only one person. :p We do not have a huge team of techies at our disposal. We are not deep pockets. We (meaning the staff) are players just like all of you with jobs, bills, family, lives and such.

I'm not complaining, I love what I do as a tech. This migration definitely was not so cut & dry simple. Even our host (ranked #1 in the world) was surprised.

We're up - mostly. Some very old data that is still housed in miniSQL cannot run so I am pushing a project forward to get that data put into MySQL. That, again, takes time - and I am but one person who volunteers just like everyone else on staff.

I've been in the biz for just as long as you NuSair before I got out of the corporate scene of ecommerce, federal procurements and banking software. I also know that sometimes things happen we have no control over. I agree, there should not have been any elongated down time. As a manager I'd have been all over the migration team. However as a manager and learning of the circumstances that were faced - I would not have been so hard on my team. This was not something any of us could have controlled. Taylor did his utmost best to make sure we got everything completely without risking other interests on his box. Our host bent over backwards to help us make everything fit on our partitions, and I still have more to do to make it all purr nicely while setting up the development space. If you'd like to help, by all means, drop me a PM and we can talk.

So, with that said, this one will jump back into the code.

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

I agree that the timing was...unfortunate. It would have been fantastic to keep the status quo until a more convenient time (haha when is convenient right?) and when there was time to draw up a complete migration strategy. My initial reaction was...what the heck? Was this really necessary? Well, from what I understand it was in fact necessary. Sometimes for whatever reason things need to happen NOW and from what I've heard this is what happened. As you all know Broadsword and Stratics are separate entities, they work together but ultimately face separate challenges that sometimes conflict. Stratics being down for a week during RTB was a huge conflict but not one that anyone wanted, just one we had to deal with. Should Broadsword learn a lesson and develop their own forums? That of course is for them to decide.

I see Kirthag beat me to the reply, hopefully hers helps everyone undestand a little better than mine does.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's really their own business whether they disclose their reasons for leaving.

Seems to me that most people are more interested in some drama than they are an explanation.
That is how I feel, if it was more it is their own business. Would really look bad to unload dirty laundry for them when they spent years volunteering, and helping build up stratics. Their work will be missed by many I said my byes to them as staff members, and it is time to welcome them to the forms as players just like you and me. Plus it is time to move on with the new staff, and what they will be doing for us on stratics, and the forms here.
So welcome to the forms as just players like us :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
To be honest there's isn't any new staff on the forums yet. We've just come from other areas of the boards.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Why does any of this matter?
Because with the large exodus that occurred some people wish to have some reassurance that things will be business as usual to the extent possible.

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Because with the large exodus that occurred some people wish to have some reassurance that things will be business as usual to the extent possible.
I think the biggest thing to be concerned about right now is that Nexus was given Administrator rights again, we are certainly now doomed!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think the biggest thing to be concerned about right now is that Nexus was given Administrator rights again, we are certainly now doomed!
It's ok, I have a gentle hand with the whip most of the time.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bigger question is if anyone is willing to be as dedicated to the overall UO side of the site as Petra was. The second side, for myself, is if the Stratics site is wanting to move into other MMORPG's and reduce any UO aspect. Lastly are we, Stratics, still going to be the default spot for the UO dev team to post nearly everything related to public disclosure?

Given that I only play UO the rest of the area's are of little value to myself and this is where my worries come from....

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The bigger question is if anyone is willing to be as dedicated to the overall UO side of the site as Petra was. The second side, for myself, is if the Stratics site is wanting to move into other MMORPG's and reduce any UO aspect. Lastly are we, Stratics, still going to be the default spot for the UO dev team to post nearly everything related to public disclosure?

Given that I only play UO the rest of the area's are of little value to myself and this is where my worries come from....
1. I don't think any one person can fill Petra's shoes. Hopefully if enough people step up to the plate we can strive to do as well as she did.
2. I believe Stratics is going to reorganize a bit to make it a little more functional for other games while keeping UO the bestest best part that it is. I know for sure there is no plan to reduce the UO aspect.
3. I haven't a clue what the UO Dev team plans to do, hopefully they do whatever is in the best interest of the players.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There has been a lot of threads in the last two days regarding the departed staff, I do believe that is where the thread lock situation is coming from. You trying to kiss up to me again Garth? Back to Siege forums with you!
Wonder if Oscar do have a neck, and if I can get to it with without fighting all that hair.:devil:

The Old Man

Journeyman
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Was just looking at the forums home page and the other games....There are very few (non UO) forums with most recent postings in October, a lot of forums hav'nt seen activity since May/June. Currently Stratics activity is overwhelmingly UO.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to see staff supporting us for an answer to what happened, really appreciated. And yes that's what the community is looking for right now is some answer to why people we've enjoyed reading over the years have suddenly vanished with generic and sometimes cryptic goodbye letters. I doubt at this point we will get any answers (and personally to me that's childish it sounds like a toddler got mad cause he was told to pick up his toys and didn't want to so they put on the silent treatment, but that's my opinion take that for what you will) but eventually this will all blow over I guess. Sad times indeed for stratics but I really don't wanna see this site go under so i'm hoping we can still keep the quality of what we currently have going.
Nobody is being childish and throwing toys out by being a bit cryptic. Immaturity is when you open your mouth and tell it all without thinking how that affects the project you worked hard on, (Stratics) or those friends you still have in staff and the community itself. If anything it's a symptom that yeah folk have stories to tell, but it's hard to do that without causing other different problems to radiate outwards. Whatever issues there are, I think it's safe for me to say that nobody who left wants to damage Stratics after spending so much time working here. It takes maturity and professionalism to think before you post and not try to drag out all the laundry in public. If you share too much then sadly you become the person who told, not the hero who shone a light on what was happening. You can end up with an ex-staffer who simply reached quitting point being made out to be part of some conspiracy to bring down Stratics. I don't want good people being marked as bad, just as I'm sure karma is waiting for the others :)

Wenchy

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was just looking at the forums home page and the other games....There are very few (non UO) forums with most recent postings in October, a lot of forums hav'nt seen activity since May/June. Currently Stratics activity is overwhelmingly UO.
That is a bit of a shame. I just thought UO was a part but not the majority.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good, because if you go to someone's profile, then click on Information tab, then click on "Find all content by ******" you will get a results page that has the posts on the last few days and the posts of 2009 year and before that. That search lacks the posts from 2009-2014.
It was working good before the migration.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

As far as I know there is no plans to reduce the dedication to UO. Yes Petra's leaving will be a big hit, but hopefully we'll get someone who's willing and able to continue pumping out content. I've not heard anything about a change in arrangement with Broadsword as of now, though I'm not privy to everything, and Stratics has been attempting to move into other MMO's in addition to UO for a long time I foresee this continuing on some scale, the larger the community and the more support we get based on interests in various titles, the more services we'll be able to offer.

Think of it this way, if a absolutely genius java programmer was a volunteer staff member creating tools for WoW Stratics, we'd possibly be able to get some help from him in creating new tools and utilities for UO Stratics provided we gave him the information he needed. If Stratics didn't support a WoW community or did not grow it, that genius Java Programmer may never have come to the site and became part of our flock. The benefits of growing and diversifying the community are apparent as it gives us access to more talent we can work with to improve overall quality of the site.

You can also look at it as fewer people these days only play one game, myself for example regularly play UO, SWTOR, Firefall, and a few other titles. It's more of a convenience for me to go to one site for social interaction and information than to go to half a dozen. The goal is bringing people in initially in order to get a support base in place without damaging other portions of the site. The trick is finding ways to draw those people.

The Old Man

Journeyman
Premium
Stratics Veteran
The more games that are 'supported', then the more people using the site, then the more views of the adverts :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
a
The more games that are 'supported', then the more people using the site, then the more views of the adverts :)
and don't forget the more services we can offer

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not trying to imply that more games are a bad thing, far from it. I was worried that there was already a sizable area of the whole site dedicated to other games but that seems to not be the case which is actually a bigger worry. I would like to see this place make money for the larger good of the group but if it doesn't that's not good.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here I will interject.
First off, let me say that I appreciate the response.

Secondly... I'll say this as well. Admittedly, I do not know what was going on behind the scenes. But, what should have happened is that the 94GB of files should have been set up and running on the server before the original one was ever shut down. Even if an incremental back up could not have been done to catch the new stuff that was added between the large back up and the time of the move. All of that stuff should have been handled before changing the host server records.

Yes, I know unexpected issues come up, that is why you set it up like that. Same reason a lot of large companies have SUSs.

This isn't meant to be offensive (though, I see how it comes across as such), but more goes to why I have a severe lack of faith.

As for volunteering... sure- I've done it before- I put in to mod the tech section- offered to mod various other forums here on stratics as well (I think my bluntness probably prevented that. I've also offered to redo the UO.com website (for almost nothing), redo all their outdated information pages and never got responses from those either.

I've recently quit all my jobs/contracts and am going back to college full time to get my masters. So, while I have time, it will be in spurts.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Nexus Please no java! Lol

JavaScript, on the other hand, talk to me. ;)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Nexus Please no java! Lol

JavaScript, on the other hand, talk to me. ;)
I was referring to the possibility of stand alone tools or apps in the future in my hypothetical example of course JavaScript for browser based stuff:p

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I was referring to the possibility of stand alone tools or apps in the future in my hypothetical example of course JavaScript for browser based stuff:p
Just rewrite the classic client as a Java app so we all can have a legitimate excuse why it is laggy, buggy, crashy, crappy...

Seriously, do not do this. No seriously, DO NOT do this.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
but....but.....it would run windows, mac, and Linux native!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not know about others, but personally, as an old Stratics' poster, I have difficulties remembering a time when quite afew Moderators decided to leave their role as Stratics' Moderators within a matter of days.

Yes, over the years Moderators on Stratics' Forums have come and have gone, that's a natural thing of life, people move onto other things, have less time to devote to Stratics, whatever, but that quite a few of them make up their mind within days from each other that's a coincidence which I do not recall from before over the years that I have posted on Stratics.

But perhaps, I just have a very bad memory and it has happened already before in Stratics' life so, it is nothing unusual.....

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets look outside the box Taylor sold probally made bank off the site. Mods spent their free time working on the site for free. Mods woke up and asked themselves why do we do this to make someone else rich. Mods decided to spend their free time doing something else to better themselves.
Just my 2 cents

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
but....but.....it would run windows, mac, and Linux native!
...equally badly. :p

Classic runs stable under wine anyhow.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Except every other MMO has its own official forum, and other gigantic fansites already well established.

Lets be honest, Stratics always had the goal of spreading out into other areas and games. Look how well that's gone.

HugsNKissesUO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Guess I was the only one who thought all those mods did nothing but target people and abuse their powers.

At least one person's pleased ^____^

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For someone to think they can simply replace an invaluable contributor like Petra is complete tomfoolery. It takes a person with a special drive to document a MMO or any game. Updating a website the size of Stratics is a full time job that is often thankless. I can count on one hand the number of people we've had UOGuide who have shown even a shadow of as much dedication as Petra has.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets look outside the box Taylor sold probally made bank off the site. Mods spent their free time working on the site for free. Mods woke up and asked themselves why do we do this to make someone else rich. Mods decided to spend their free time doing something else to better themselves.
Just my 2 cents
if by bank you mean a couple k, then ya. i did a little research a while back and stratics is not very profitable. he only had the site a few years, if he paid even half of its estimated value he would have only made a couple thousand overall. many make more than that selling gold in a month lol. now if we had the number from around 2004ish, it might be a different story. but no i would not say any of this was ever over money, directly anyway. perhaps the new owner wanted to actually make money, and his new plan on how to do that did not mesh with the old staff.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
perhaps the new owner wanted to actually make money, and his new plan on how to do that did not mesh with the old staff.
The staff who left said many times it had nothing to do with the new owner.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
First off, let me say that I appreciate the response.

Secondly... I'll say this as well. Admittedly, I do not know what was going on behind the scenes. But, what should have happened is that the 94GB of files should have been set up and running on the server before the original one was ever shut down. Even if an incremental back up could not have been done to catch the new stuff that was added between the large back up and the time of the move. All of that stuff should have been handled before changing the host server records.

Yes, I know unexpected issues come up, that is why you set it up like that. Same reason a lot of large companies have SUSs.

This isn't meant to be offensive (though, I see how it comes across as such), but more goes to why I have a severe lack of faith.

As for volunteering... sure- I've done it before- I put in to mod the tech section- offered to mod various other forums here on stratics as well (I think my bluntness probably prevented that. I've also offered to redo the UO.com website (for almost nothing), redo all their outdated information pages and never got responses from those either.

I've recently quit all my jobs/contracts and am going back to college full time to get my masters. So, while I have time, it will be in spurts.

Well, Stratics is not a large company. Over the years, our files & tech have been hosted in many environments, with many different volunteers keeping the hamsters fed. You're in IT, you know how those hamsters can be. ;) Not taking anything offensively - the community at large relies on our content as a major resource. Just gotta remember, we (meaning all of us on Staff past and present) are volunteers. You, and others, want answers. There are some who wanna know the nitty gritty and others who really don't care, they just want their knowledge. I'm keenly sensitive to the latter and working very hard to get everything stable, running and serving when those links are clickied.

The plan was as you stated. To prevent data-squish we closed the forums, expected to be down at max 18 to 20 hours while files were pushed and data set up, but that was not the case. This was _not_ the typical and seamless move from one environment to another. We've learned from this, made changes to the files and systems and I'm in the process of getting the documentation all set, updating as I can when there is something to update about. There was a serious lack of documentation - hence why there are some things not quite up and running (like the data-reliant guides). That's a project that had to be pushed forward in priority and I'm working on.

As I said, if you, or anyone else for that matter, want to volunteer - send me a PM. Expect a thorough interview. :D No guarantee will be made of acceptance and there is some paperwork involved if you make muster.

Taking a small break right now, realized, I might have to eat sometime. :p

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Stratics is not a large company. Over the years, our files & tech have been hosted in many environments, with many different volunteers keeping the hamsters fed. You're in IT, you know how those hamsters can be. ;) Not taking anything offensively - the community at large relies on our content as a major resource. Just gotta remember, we (meaning all of us on Staff past and present) are volunteers. You, and others, want answers. There are some who wanna know the nitty gritty and others who really don't care, they just want their knowledge. I'm keenly sensitive to the latter and working very hard to get everything stable, running and serving when those links are clickied.

The plan was as you stated. To prevent data-squish we closed the forums, expected to be down at max 18 to 20 hours while files were pushed and data set up, but that was not the case. This was _not_ the typical and seamless move from one environment to another. We've learned from this, made changes to the files and systems and I'm in the process of getting the documentation all set, updating as I can when there is something to update about. There was a serious lack of documentation - hence why there are some things not quite up and running (like the data-reliant guides). That's a project that had to be pushed forward in priority and I'm working on.

As I said, if you, or anyone else for that matter, want to volunteer - send me a PM. Expect a thorough interview. :D No guarantee will be made of acceptance and there is some paperwork involved if you make muster.

Taking a small break right now, realized, I might have to eat sometime. :p
I know how it is to move a system from one server to another. I've been working with computers and networks since 98, and mostly its Murphy's Law ruling there - IF anything can go wrong, expect it!!!

You did a great job, is just us as users that missed our daily coffee break, or wake up coffee and read the forums while we relax and enjoy the hot water! Still some polishing to go, as you said - but it was a great effort of you with the unexpected failures that Murphy's Law are expected to bring with.

It was bad timing, but still it was a change and improvement that had to be done now - so all in all congrats with the job :)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Let me ask: why would it be a bad thing to make stratics guides/info more wikilike? I see outdated/missing/broken info often, but other than a pm to Petra, there wasn't much I could do to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.