• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I honor the old mods that left the boards - but, do we get any explanation of the situation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im a old player and a old fan of this site, and I have followed the work and progress for a lot of known names that now are leaving the community services.

I honor their work - and what they have done for the community of the Ultima Online gamers. On same side, I also ask questions - as well as Orign/Broadsword does; why does so many old mods and workers suddenly leave?

As the official fan site to Ultima Online, I would like a little statement. Not too detailed - but a short explanation to know what is going on!

Are they fired? Are stratics going away to different directions? I read multiple posts of peoples leaving the services, but no reason given.

I wish the site to go on as The Nr 1. Fan Site for Ultima Online, so what can we contribute with?

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
In before the lock!

(I believe our new leader is composing a statement for the community)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be wise on the staff/leaderships part to offer up a professional explanation as to the most recent events.

That's my opinion at least.

And I have to stress the professionalism of it... Because ive seen some of the replies by current staff members and it is about as far from professionalism as you can get. We get that you are volunteers, but I don't think that entitles you to turn a blind eye to courtesy.

Even the introduction of the new mods was less than thrilling... Where are any of them from and why should we respect their moderation? Are they angry red headed siege children like kelmo?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be wise on the staff/leaderships part to offer up a professional explanation as to the most recent events.

That's my opinion at least.

And I have to stress the professionalism of it... Because ive seen some of the replies by current staff members and it is about as far from professionalism as you can get. We get that you are volunteers, but I don't think that entitles you to turn a blind eye to courtesy.

Even the introduction of the new mods was less than thrilling... Where are any of them from and why should we respect their moderation? Are they angry red headed siege children like kelmo?
Come on Cetric. you PVP, im pretty sure they just rage logged. simple as that. it happens and is a healthy thing to do sometimes. :flame: (ok its not very professional ill give you that, but who cares its a game site :) )

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not after a locked thread. I tried to write this as professional as I could.

I am only asking question that many want answers on. So please keep the posts to the topic - and hope we get a explanation in some way.

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
There has been a lot of threads in the last two days regarding the departed staff, I do believe that is where the thread lock situation is coming from. You trying to kiss up to me again Garth? Back to Siege forums with you!

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come on Cetric. you PVP, im pretty sure they just rage logged. simple as that. it happens and is a healthy thing to do sometimes. :flame: (ok its not very professional ill give you that, but who cares its a game site :) )
With the people involved, I highly doubt it's a rage quit thing.. Petra vested way too much time here to simply rage quit, and that's just one

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Im a old player and a old fan of this site, and I have followed the work and progress for a lot of known names that now are leaving the community services.

I honor their work - and what they have done for the community of the Ultima Online gamers. On same side, I also ask questions - as well as Orign/Broadsword does; why does so many old mods and workers suddenly leave?

As the official fan site to Ultima Online, I would like a little statement. Not too detailed - but a short explanation to know what is going on!

Are they fired? Are stratics going away to different directions? I read multiple posts of peoples leaving the services, but no reason given.

I wish the site to go on as The Nr 1. Fan Site for Ultima Online, so what can we contribute with?
Yep the new owner is working on an address to the Community where hopefully he'll put some minds to rest. I'm not privy to all the details yet, so we'll learn more when RonBron tells us. But I can say this, no one I know of was fired, Stratics isn't going away, and we plan to have it continue being the No. 1 Fan Site for Ultima Online. If you'd like to Contribute send a Private Message to Cirno or Kirthag, they head up the Forums and Publishing respectively.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
With the people involved, I highly doubt it's a rage quit thing.. Petra vested way too much time here to simply rage quit, and that's just one
I can tell you for a fact she didn't "Rage Quit" she'd thought about this for a very long time, that I can assure you.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep the new owner is working on an address to the Community where hopefully he'll put some minds to rest. I'm not privy to all the details yet, so we'll learn more when RonBron tells us. But I can say this, no one I know of was fired, Stratics isn't going away, and we plan to have it continue being the No. 1 Fan Site for Ultima Online. If you'd like to Contribute send a Private Message to Cirno or Kirthag, they head up the Forums and Publishing respectively.

This is good news :) Thank you for taking your time to answer!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come on Cetric. you PVP, im pretty sure they just rage logged. simple as that.
I lol'd!

But, yeah, if you read between the lines that is the way it appears. One of the clique rage quit and the rest of them followed.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suspect it has something to do with the changes coming over stratics. Nothing as big as some people seem to be claiming, it just seems to be the most simple answer.

Last edited:

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell you for a fact she didn't "Rage Quit" she'd thought about this for a very long time, that I can assure you.
That I can highly understand, and I can agree with that. Lady Petra didnt put any negative words either - it was just the mass dismissal that raised a question!

We all come to a point in life where we have to face a crossroad, and choose what road to go. Either we are forced to it or we choose it, it will eventually come.

I wish her and the rest the best of luck in their lives, and I thank them for all the good work they put into the forums.

Signed

~ Mandrake

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That I can highly understand, and I can agree with that. Lady Petra didnt put any negative words either - it was just the mass dismissal that raised a question!

We all come to a point in life where we have to face a crossroad, and choose what road to go. Either we are forced to it or we choose it, it will eventually come.

I wish her and the rest the best of luck in their lives, and I thank them for all the good work they put into the forums.

Signed

~ Mandrake
A lot of folks here have been through multiple ownership changes, some smooth some not so smooth. I can't and want blame them for not wanting to go through another as you never know what will happen in the future. All of us on staff dedicate a part of our lives to the site, time spent we'll not get back, and yes the community does as well in a different fashion. It's completely understandable if they decided they wanted to separate from that for one reason or another and invest that time into other projects or games or what ever it is they decide to do. What ever it is I wish them well, and hope they will be around the forums so we can chat with them from time to time

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry it was a simple analogy. lol i was actually coming back to delete that cause this whole thing has been blown out of proportion but looks like people quoted me already.

what i meant was (in terms us UOers can understand) is that sometimes the best explanation is "theres no explanation" its just one of those things. you dont ask someone why they broke a keyboard, niether would you expect an answer. same thing here. Personally i wouldnt have posted all over the place, but then again im not really one to break keyboards. im a pretty relaxed guy when it comes to UO, and when it comes to any type of new change. And if im not happy for one reason or another, i leave. which is what these mods have done.

i think the best way to show respect for their time here would be to not ask too many questions. just my 2 cents.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of folks here have been through multiple ownership changes, some smooth some not so smooth. I can't and want blame them for not wanting to go through another as you never know what will happen in the future. All of us on staff dedicate a part of our lives to the site, time spent we'll not get back, and yes the community does as well in a different fashion. It's completely understandable if they decided they wanted to separate from that for one reason or another and invest that time into other projects or games or what ever it is they decide to do. What ever it is I wish them well, and hope they will be around the forums so we can chat with them from time to time

I cant more than repeat your words, and say I agree totally!!! And - i hope for that statement from the new owners, and a little explanations.

Ive been around here since the game started in 97, and the forums was born - and I love it. I just hope it continues the good work. New and fresh ideas and souls are good! And if we could help to contribute in any way - i would love to help with that.

I know that the time you all spend here is spare time, that you dedicate to the game and gamers and the site - and you will never get rewarded of it. But - it is a choice to help and dedicate to the game. That is why I honor thoose that left, and thank them for the time they spent! They made a change to the game and for many players!

Crak Lord

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry it was a simple analogy. lol i was actually coming back to delete that cause this whole thing has been blown out of proportion but looks like people quoted me already.

what i meant was (in terms us UOers can understand) is that sometimes the best explanation is "theres no explanation" its just one of those things. you dont ask someone why they broke a keyboard, niether would you expect an answer. same thing here. Personally i wouldnt have posted all over the place, but then again im not really one to break keyboards. im a pretty relaxed guy when it comes to UO, and when it comes to any type of new change. And if im not happy for one reason or another, i leave. which is what these mods have done.

i think the best way to show respect for their time here would be to not ask too many questions. just my 2 cents.
Smoot man dont even care man They LEFT just be like PEACE! lolz

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Smoot man dont even care man They LEFT just be like PEACE! lolz
Thats the different between peoples in game and in the forums!!! Someone cares!!!

I loved the work and effort they put into the forums, in same way many peoples help others in game. I value and appriciate their effort, and salut them highly!

Yes, they left - but they left us with a treasure of work. And that will not be forgotten!

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I actually laughed as I've rage quit uo before, well rage logged out anyway :)

I never seem to have the fortitude to quit

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we as a whole should be thankful for the time we got with those people, nothing more and nothing less. From this point forward we can only hope that the owners bother with the UO section instead of attempting to use these spaces for other wider played games.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings!

This is a special announcement to recognize the tremendous contribution that has been made to our community, over years of service by the following people:

Petra Fyde
Magdalene
Watchertoo
Tazar
Lady Tia
Frarc
Kelmo
Flair
Faeryl
Ericasquill
Shamus Turlough

As many have heard, these staff members have decided to resign. I am new to the community, so I have not met all of them, but I was very impressed by the ones I did (Petra, Tazar, Lady Tia, Kelmo, Shamus). For those that I never met, I will just judge them by the excellent resource and community strength they have left us with. It took talented, motivated, and selfless people like these to develop Stratics to where it is today.

This is a great time to reach out in appreciation to these community members for the legacy they have left us. Find them in the forums and inside the game and wish them well. I'm sure their guilds and game friends will appreciate having them back after they've been on loan to Stratics for so long.

It is going to be hard to fill the deficit left by our veteran staff members, but we thank them all the same and will do our best to carry the community in their absence. It is a sad time, but exciting to see so many other community members willing to do what they can to help fill the hole. We offer our best in tribute to those who have gone before us!

Farewell Petra. Farewell Magdalene. Farewell Watchertoo. Farewell Tazar. Farewell Frarc. Farewell Kelmo. Farewell Flair. Farewell Faeryl. Farewell Ericasquill. Farewell Shamus.

We'll leave chair for you at the table.

Ron Bron
Farewell and safe journeys!!!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was sure that there was some information about the group that bought stratics but I can't seem to find it, anyone have the link?

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we as a whole should be thankful for the time we got with those people, nothing more and nothing less. From this point forward we can only hope that the owners bother with the UO section instead of attempting to use these spaces for other wider played games.
We are lucky to have them among us!!! - they are still here... I can feel the force ;)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will miss Frarc and his fablous stories and fairytales!!!

Safe journeys my friend!!!

My stories and reports are not that good, otherwise I would have got more appreciation for them and likes. Only a few liked them and often the same ones.

I will only speak for myself but for all what the volunteers do here on Stratics there is a lack of respect, the negative what we get outweights the positive. When a Moderator speak his mind they pointing fingers, Blablablab you can not do that blablabla. But everyone else can come with the most crap reason they can think of "Freedom of speech", even if that hurt others.The 1000s of free hours we spend with keeping a eye on the forums, doing research on TC ,writing stories and events, updating the UO stratics page are easily forgotten.

I wanted to leave months ago, If it was not for Petra I would have been gone, she left so I felt no reason to stay. If someone needs to look at themself for me to leave its the posters of these forums. Too many have no respect for what we do!

And please stop pretending this is our funeral and we are death. Don't need to cry now that we are gone and then dance on our graves tomorrow.

But don't worry, I keep writing and announce events for UOB , Knuckleheads , and COY like I been doing for the last years. I even asked Gilmour to adjust my Signature and It will show as Knuckleheads reporter. :)

I never regret anything I do.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My stories and reports are not that good, otherwise I would have got more appreciation for them and likes. Only a few liked them and often the same ones.

I will only speak for myself but for all what the volunteers do here on Stratics there is a lack of respect, the negative what we get outweights the positive. When a Moderator speak his mind they pointing fingers, Blablablab you can not do that blablabla. But everyone else can come with the most crap reason they can think of "Freedom of speech", even if that hurt others.The 1000s of free hours we spend with keeping a eye on the forums, doing research on TC ,writing stories and events, updating the UO stratics page are easily forgotten.

I wanted to leave months ago, If it was not for Petra I would have been gone, she left so I felt no reason to stay. If someone needs to look at themself for me to leave its the posters of these forums. Too many have no respect for what we do!

And please stop pretending this is our funeral and we are death. Don't need to cry now that we are gone and then dance on our graves tomorrow.

But don't worry, I keep writing and announce events for UOB , Knuckleheads , and COY like I been doing for the last years. I even asked Gilmour to adjust my Signature and It will show as Knuckleheads reporter. :)

I never regret anything I do.

I know all the work you built into the task Lord Frarc. Ive been with you on many of the journeys - and its not a funeral. I will pester you in game and help u and beg you...

But - I do honor the work and effort and passion you paid to the site to make the game live! You are right, not many likes - but many views!!! I cant say we, - but I do say I did like most of your stories...and your weekend madness on drachenfeld! reports....

Its many like me that didnt raise their voice, but still loved it - and will miss it.

I honor your work Frarc!!! You are awesome :)

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a UO player, i dont know the mods.. i wont really miss them.. in fact, i couldnt care less who the mod of each forum was OR is.
But i have to say that, since i read these forums.. i thank to whoever locked all these good-bye threads because they were so many and imo, one thead for all of them is enough.

Lets get back to talk about UO, the rest is nonsense. thanks.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a UO player, i dont know the mods.. i wont really miss them.. in fact, i couldnt care less who the mod of each forum was OR is.
But i have to say that, since i read these forums.. i thank to whoever locked all these good-bye threads because they were so many and imo, one thead for all of them is enough.

Lets get back to talk about UO, the rest is nonsense. thanks.
So why you bother to post here after all??? Honestly?

This was a respectful post to their work and compassion, and asking for an explanation. Read the posts!

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted because im thankful about all these locked threads. I can understand that you ask for an explanation, I guess that eventually you will get it. Nothing against you, hopefully you will get the info you ask for.

I guess I got tired to read so many threads about nonsense that isnt UO related but just forum-drama related. Im way more interested to know whats gonna happen with VvV or halloween event than whats going on with forum mods, lol.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted because im thankful about all these locked threads. I can understand that you ask for an explanation, I guess that eventually you will get it. Nothing against you, hopefully you will get the info you ask for.

I guess I got tired to read so many threads about nonsense that isnt UO related but just forum-drama related. Im way more interested to know whats gonna happen with VvV or halloween event than whats going on with forum mods, lol.
As is posted in post #32 if you had taken time to read the posts - instead of just bashing in...

Greetings!

This is a special announcement to recognize the tremendous contribution that has been made to our community, over years of service by the following people:

Petra Fyde
Magdalene
Watchertoo
Tazar
Lady Tia
Frarc
Kelmo
Flair
Faeryl
Ericasquill
Shamus Turlough

As many have heard, these staff members have decided to resign. I am new to the community, so I have not met all of them, but I was very impressed by the ones I did (Petra, Tazar, Lady Tia, Kelmo, Shamus). For those that I never met, I will just judge them by the excellent resource and community strength they have left us with. It took talented, motivated, and selfless people like these to develop Stratics to where it is today.

This is a great time to reach out in appreciation to these community members for the legacy they have left us. Find them in the forums and inside the game and wish them well. I'm sure their guilds and game friends will appreciate having them back after they've been on loan to Stratics for so long.

It is going to be hard to fill the deficit left by our veteran staff members, but we thank them all the same and will do our best to carry the community in their absence. It is a sad time, but exciting to see so many other community members willing to do what they can to help fill the hole. We offer our best in tribute to those who have gone before us!

Farewell Petra. Farewell Magdalene. Farewell Watchertoo. Farewell Tazar. Farewell Frarc. Farewell Kelmo. Farewell Flair. Farewell Faeryl. Farewell Ericasquill. Farewell Shamus.

We'll leave chair for you at the table.

Ron Bron
And if you are gonna debute this discussion more, read the posts. Thank you for not being intrested just bashing!!!

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really bad coincidence that there is a new owner and some people are leaving. A lot of respect to those that have gone, are staying and future members of the stratics staff. Lets let them figure out what they need to on the time table they need to do it in.

Pancakes anyone? :pancakes:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even though no one ever admits it, we all know the only reason half of us read these forums is to look for new drama lol.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
So....Does this help the chances of forcing UO to create its own forum?

*wishes*
That would cost EA money, so there ya go lol. I don't see it happening. They were very strict on the old boards. Much stricter than here. They didn't just lock threads either, so at least you got an idea of where the train left the track. Those threads were *poof* gone!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In before the lock!

(I believe our new leader is composing a statement for the community)
I really don't care what he has to say. Not to be offensive or overly rude or anything of the sort.

Each time a new lead developer, head <insert title here> or who ever takes over something, they come here and make some big posting/speech about how much more open they are going to be or about how things are going to be better or their big awesome plans for improvement. And how it is all about the community. And within a month or three it is all shown to be nothing but complete lies and bs. They all seem to have gone to the same marketing class 1101- how much bs will they continue to accept and believe.

I don't want pretty ra-ra speeches filled with crap. Just do it.

This server move recently has me less than optimistic about the new ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.