• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I Got A Gnome!!!!!!!! *DELETED*

• Thread starter imported_Cherri Bear
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_corpatortis

I wanted a red cannon but all I got was lee's pants

G

<blockquote><hr>

OMG you just opened a big ole can of worms.

[/ QUOTE ]

)
I named mine after lee.

But the name is against stratics RoC... so....

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

OMG you just opened a big ole can of worms.

[/ QUOTE ].

OH EM GEE ELLE OH ELLE!

Super cool in the most awesome of ways.

I just want Lee to pay me his child support this month.

Killer Clown Jr. is not going to be without his baby daddy, mkay?

M

mariotso

i guess i'll be happy for all of you, but really i wish i didn't have to work so i could have gotten one too :lip quivers:

G

GRINCH II

i showed up too late to see lee, maybe he could have fixed my bonus problems
or given me a cannon ha ha ha

G

It was very sweet of Lee to come to the party with gifts thanks again Lee!!

We had a great time tonight, Rizzo thought of lots of fun games to play, I gave out quite a few 'Shrooms as prizes. Congratz to the winners! We also went christmas carroling, thanks to the gracious hosts who didnt boot us for invading their homes and singing offkey. Most of the secret santas didnt make it so if you still want to participate PM so we can set up a time for it.

Heres a snapshot from the party.

P

Peppie

I missed that party ooommmgggggg ... i always wanted a christmas party in sims online snif .. but thanks for sharing the pic .. do you have some more?:D

P

PB Three

Good for you Cherri!

I've always liked Lee, very good and nice person.

Darn TC3 is offline (much longer than usual).

PB Three

D

dinaj

Like OMG what a show off ..... pfffffft

can you POKE with it ??? if you can't what good is it ...

congrats

M

Meggers

It's a shame only the pets of the pub ever get a damnm gift. Hey Lee, how about rewarding all of us who pay for this damn game and not just the sniffers.

M

Monkeybear

He was being nice at the Christmas party... No need to get upset

M

Meggers

He was being nice at the Christmas party... No need to get upset
--------------------------------------

Bull, he needs to get real and stop giving gifts to just those who bow at his alter.
I have better things to do than brown nose the devs, but unless you do just that, you are SOL in this game.

M

Monkeybear

I'm sure this has been the first time he has given out gifts... It's Christmas.. people do give gifts you know.

M

Meggers

I'm sure this has been the first time he has given out gifts... It's Christmas.. people do give gifts you know.
----------------------------------------

That would be fine if he were just another player giving gifts. He's a dev and the only ones who will ever get a gift from a dev are the ones who have noses firmly planted 3 feet up the dev's rear ends.

M

Monkeybear

The Christmas party wasn't at the Pub..It was at a different player owned house, nobody knew Lee would show up.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Awe!!

Well, I enjoyed the party and the carolling. I had a lot of fun with everyone!

Have you ever heard the old saying "It's not the gift that counts it's the thought that counts?" I really appreciate the gnome but I also appreciate that we have Lee working so hard to get the game right for us.

I didn't hear anyone comment on the new custom chairs on display.

There was one that really captivated a lot of attention and now I'm busily loading sims and trying to figure out how to make my own chairs!

It was really exiting to see all the artist talent in our community on display.

For the really nasty snide people that are making nasty snide comments, I feel sorry for them. It's sad that they must go around life making crappy comments about other players just because we attended an event and received a gift from a dev.

M

Meggers

Have you ever heard the old saying "It's not the gift that counts it's the thought that counts?" I really appreciate the gnome but I also appreciate that we have Lee working so hard to get the game right for us.
-----------------------------------------

Then everyone in TC3 should have gotten a gnome, not just the select few who fawn all over him in the pub and on these boards as well.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Then everyone in TC3 should have gotten a gnome, not just the select few who fawn all over him in the pub and on these boards as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the need for you to be so nasty?

I'm sorry that you didn't get a gnome but it doesn't mean you have to be so nasty to everyone.
What is your excuse for it?

G

Srsly Meggers relax. The party was just one that has been promoted all over the place, I showed up b/c my friend remembered and wanted to play. Nobody there knew Lee would show up and he didn't selectively give out the gnomes to people who frequent the pub, he gave them out to everyone who was on the lot. He came in acting all Santa Clausish.

Your bitterness every day is a real downer. Is not about kissing the devs butts its about having some common courtesy and manners. I don't see how paying whatever you pay monthly entitles you to be downright nasty.

If you have problems with the game, great voice them, but try harder not to sound like a jilted ex lover.

I'm glad you did not get a gnome.
And I'm glad you didn't' get your tree. It makes me giggle.

P

Purdy

You go Meggers. I'm glad not everyone kisses butt. I stopped going to TC3 cause I can't stand some of the ppl there and I don't like a certain dev. that everyone here likes.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I enjoyed the dj's from the radio station.

They really perked up the party! Especially Spike with that crazy race game. lmao.

I also found out that Mike is a dj too that I've listened to for a long time. WTG!!

M

Meggers

Srsly Meggers relax. The party was just one that has been promoted all over the place, I showed up b/c my friend remembered and wanted to play. Nobody there knew Lee would show up and he didn't selectively give out the gnomes to people who frequent the pub, he gave them out to everyone who was on the lot. He came in acting all Santa Clausish.

Your bitterness every day is a real downer. Is not about kissing the devs butts its about having some common courtesy and manners. I don't see how paying whatever you pay monthly entitles you to be downright nasty.

If you have problems with the game, great voice them, but try harder not to sound like a jilted ex lover.

Now who's being nasty? Al, of you who live and die in Pub, well I guess you are happy. You are the only ones who ever get any damn recognition for playing this game. I have managed to make it through my entire life without ever having kissed anyone's butt and I sure as hell ain't gonna start now. And it doesn't matter who knew if Lee was going to show up or not, that's not the point. The devs don't represent themselves, they represent EALand. For them to do this is just plain wrong and all of you know it. You can call me whatever you like but you know I'm right.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I enjoyed the dj's from the radio station.

They really perked up the party! Especially Spike with that crazy race game. lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly it was really old school. I haven't been to a party like that in quite some time. It reminded me of the old days &lt;3
Lotsa fun.

I was all multitasking so I couldn't get involved with the races and everything but all in all great job Mr Rizzo and friends &lt;3/

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now who's being nasty? Al, of you who live and die in Pub, well I guess you are happy. You are the only ones who ever get any damn recognition for playing this game. I have managed to make it through my entire life without ever having kissed anyone's butt and I sure as hell ain't gonna start now. And it doesn't matter who knew if Lee was going to show up or not, that's not the point. The devs don't represent themselves, they represent EALand. For them to do this is just plain wrong and all of you know it. You can call me whatever you like but you know I'm right.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, can you start hitting quote, those lines always irritate me. Secondly I have a reputation for being shameful when it comes to posting. I don't use how much I pay EA to do so.
I could count on two hands the amount of times I've been to the pub, don't prejudge me or assume that just because I disagree with you I frequent the pub.
All I know is last night I logged in to play a game and join a christmas party and that someone came by and played santa claus. You don't know what I offered him for a tree and some cannons.... and I assure you there was no brown nosing involved.

Its not wrong... its nice. A very nice gesture. I don't think you are right in the least. I would actually be shocked if you could be any more wrong. But it is ok, keep posting your bitterness and hate and continue to prove I'm right

M

Meggers

Its not wrong... its nice. A very nice gesture. I don't think you are right in the least. I would actually be shocked if you could be any more wrong. But it is ok, keep posting your bitterness and hate and continue to prove I'm right
---------------------------------------------------------

It would have been a nice gesture if he gave them to everyone who has busted their butts playing in TC3 which ain't easy. I have been in TC3 from day one helping to test all this stuff and dealing with lag that is beyond the pale. Once again (and see if you can comprehend the point) HE IS A DEV!!!! That means he works for the company, get it? Playing favs is wrong. Especially when giving out more than ultra rare gifts. Ya'll said he was playing Santa, well Santa needs memory enhancement and realize that more than a handful of people play this game. It's Christmas for us too you know.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I'm not sure what is expected?

Nasty barbs are thrown at players just wanting to talk about a great party we went to.

So if someone responds in 'like kind' to your comments, then you have to live with it I guess.

I'm personally exhausted with putting up with constant attacks, haranguing and arbitrary negative attacks.

I will choose to not respond to these nasty attacks any further. We are only validating your attacks by responding to them.

So enjoy your rantings because I won't be reading them any further.

G

<blockquote><hr>

---------------------------------------------------------

It would have been a nice gesture if he gave them to everyone who has busted their butts playing in TC3 which ain't easy. I have been in TC3 from day one helping to test all this stuff and dealing with lag that is beyond the pale. Once again (and see if you can comprehend the point) HE IS A DEV!!!! That means he works for the company, get it? Playing favs is wrong. Especially when giving out more than ultra rare gifts. Ya'll said he was playing Santa, well Santa needs memory enhancement and realize that more than a handful of people play this game. It's Christmas for us too you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing a test center since I started playing this game. I haven't seen a parade thrown in my honor yet.
Many other people I run into have been playing in TC since they started and now play TC3.... you are on a very long list of people, Meggers, who have been testing this game for way longer than TC3... so I wouldn't start holding my breathe quite yet.

M

Meggers

I'm not sure what is expected?

Nasty barbs are thrown at players just wanting to talk about a great party we went to.

So if someone responds in 'like kind' to your comments, then you have to live with it I guess.
------------------------------------

Then why even start this thread the way Cherri did with gloating? This is what I'm talking about. We should all have recieved a gift from the company, not just a few.

M

Meggers

I've been playing a test center since I started playing this game. I haven't seen a parade thrown in my honor yet.
Many other people I run into have been playing in TC since they started and now play TC3.... you are on a very long list of people, Meggers, who have been testing this game for way longer than TC3... so I wouldn't start holding my breathe quite yet.

I'm not looking for any parades in my honor either, just a little fairness from the people who operate this game.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I thought it was nice that so many came out to support the other players who are NOT ea employees and the party they planned and expedited.

It isn't easy to pull off a party in TSO. You are at the mercy of the guests showing up and the others that are counted on that are supposed to help.

So having an EA employee show up at that party to support the effort (on a saturday afternoon btw 2) was really.

I enjoyed meeting and playing with everyone and hopefully we can have more parties soon!!

G

Yes, we all know Lee is a Dev. That is besides the point. This Christmas party was outside working hours, which means Lee was there on his own free time. Working time and free time are treated differently. If you think he should work on his free time then I have to say that makes you an evil person. The fact that he showed up on his free time to give them out makes them the Christmas party gifts, period. He didn't give them out from EA, he gave them out as a person. The fact that you won't let him be a person from time to time is rude. He isn't on the clock 24/7. And I doubt everyone at that party was a so called "butt kisser." Not to mention the fact that the Christmas party was advertised here on stratics up above on the dates.

I think what he did was very nice. I wasn't there to get one nor am I going to sit here and complain about it.

I'm glad the party was wonderful for all of you who were there and I wish I could have made it. I'm glad you all had a good time!!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Maybe one of our talented artist could make some custom chairs for the pub.

They could have lips on the seats so we can say we are butt kisser? LMAO Wait, is that kind of like "Kiss my !@#"? LMAO

G

I'm sure Cherri knew there were going to be reponses such as yours when she posted this thread. Even KIR knew it. You do the predictable thing by obliging.

Fairness in the game? People showed up for a holiday party and someone came in and gave them holiday gifts. I would think it would be rather silly to give people who didn't show up to this party a gift. When I miss Xmas parties in rl... I don't get to be involved in the secret santa thing.

I said something along the lines of this in another thread. The term "no fair" is something that 8 year old use.

It's against the ToS for 8 year olds to play this game, unfortunately it is not against the ToS for those who act like 8 year olds to play this game. No fair don't cut it.

D

dinaj

maybe the dev's can play Santa all over TC3 and surprise all of us with nice gifts for Christmas. I sure would love that 4 foot long sharp stick (hint, hint) and if not , hey I won't sweat it its just a game filled with fake stuff.

The dev's are as human as we are and so they should be allowed to err as we do.

M

Meggers

Yes, we all know Lee is a Dev. That is besides the point. This Christmas party was outside working hours, which means Lee was there on his own free time. Working time and free time are treated differently. If you think he should work on his free time then I have to say that makes you an evil person. The fact that he showed up on his free time to give them out makes them the Christmas party gifts, period. He didn't give them out from EA, he gave them out as a person. The fact that you won't let him be a person from time to time is rude. He isn't on the clock 24/7. And I doubt everyone at that party was a so called "butt kisser." Not to mention the fact that the Christmas party was advertised here on stratics up above on the dates.

I think what he did was very nice. I wasn't there to get one nor am I going to sit here and complain about it.

I'm glad the party was wonderful for all of you who were there and I wish I could have made it. I'm glad you all had a good
-----------------------------------

Irrelevant. Anytime he shows up he is still an employee representing the company. That's like saying just because I go to my job on my day off to help out that I am not representing the company. And since when is it evil to expect fair treatment? Sure, Lee can do whatever he wants, that doesn't make it right tho. As paying customers we are all doing our part to keep this game alive. I know folks who shoulder much more than fair share of the burden by paying for 10 accounts, God love em. I can't afford that many and even if I could I couldn't keep up with them all. All I am asking is for is what is right. If the comapny is going to give out gifts, then all should recieve, not just a select few. Lee and the rest of the devs ARE the company and they need to act accordingly.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I went to our company party Friday night.

They gave everyone $50 gift certificates and a few other premium nice things. But you had to be there to get them.

Those that didn't attend, will not get them.

It's a lure to get people to actually come out to a party. If they think they are going to get the prizes without being there, then why would they attend?

It's not rocket science even if people want to make issues of it.

G

If you show up on your day off to help out, that is help out and yes you should adhere to company policy. Lee showed up to party at the Christmas party. That's like saying I should show up at work to shop, but since I'm shopping I need to act like an employee just because I work there. That's just ignorant. Lee came to have fun. End of story. If you had been there, you would have gotten one too. But you were not there, so why complain. Lee wasn't representing the company by showing up.

And had you been there and gotten a gnome, would you be here crying for all those that didn't get one, I think not.

G

Oooh Dutch! $50 is nice! My company does $25... I'm going to submit a formal complaint to them now though that its not fair that Dutch America's company gets $50 and we get $25. I mean everyone should get the same amount

o.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Oooh Dutch! $50 is nice! My company does $25... I'm going to submit a formal complaint to them now though that its not fair that Dutch America's company gets $50 and we get $25. I mean everyone should get the same amount

o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we had a great party and mostly because everyone wanted to get the 'stuff' we knew was going to be given out.

I was a bit frownie though because the grand prize was 2 airline tickets to anywhere in the US including alaska and hawaii. Grrrr....I didn't get it.

If we follow along with people here then I think my boss should give us all one of those prizes. LMAO

Can you imagine if employees where I work were to start a revolt over something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.