• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I Got A Gnome!!!!!!!! *DELETED*

• Thread starter imported_Cherri Bear
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Meggers

If you show up on your day off to help out, that is help out and yes you should adhere to company policy. Lee showed up to party at the Christmas party. That's like saying I should show up at work to shop, but since I'm shopping I need to act like an employee just because I work there. That's just ignorant. Lee came to have fun. End of story. If you had been there, you would have gotten one too. But you were not there, so why complain. Lee wasn't representing the company by showing up.

And had you been there and gotten a gnome, would you be here crying for all those that didn't get one, I think not.
----------------------------------------------------

A lot of people have to work for a living.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Oooh Dutch! $50 is nice! My company does $25... I'm going to submit a formal complaint to them now though that its not fair that Dutch America's company gets $50 and we get $25. I mean everyone should get the same amount

o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we had a great party and mostly because everyone wanted to get the 'stuff' we knew was going to be given out.

I was a bit frownie though because the grand prize was 2 airline tickets to anywhere in the US including alaska and hawaii. Grrrr....I didn't get it.

If we follow along with people here then I think my boss should give us all one of those prizes. LMAO

Can you imagine if employees where I work were to start a revolt over something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I could imagine. I happen to know that my xmas bonus is like 3 x times the amount of most of the other employees in my company. It has everything to do with the fact that I work for a living @ 60+ hours on a normal week... but I should show the other employees who get less my bonus check so they can start a revolt. It will be "no fair" and have nothing to do with the fact that I just happen to be there a lot more..

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I wonder if EA were to give everyone in TC3 gnomes for xmas it probably wouldn't be acceptable still because those of us at the party would have 2 hey?

M

MandiK

Cherri you shouldnt have posted this, lol but since its here...I got one too! And a mushroom chair from Niki
The Christmas party was awesome, even though I am the worst person at doing those races LOL

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Congrats on the mushroom chair!!!

I'll be over later to sit on it.

G

Yes I know people have to work for a living. But isn't it a little childish to say "I want what they have" when they got as a gift from a human being at a Christmas Party? I think so. Yes, most of us have to work. That is why some of us couldn't be at the party. Also, some of us are in different time zones. You don't hear them complaining.

I'm glad all those at the party had a great time!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's a shame only the pets of the pub ever get a damnm gift. Hey Lee, how about rewarding all of us who pay for this damn game and not just the sniffers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was wondering how long it would be before you raised hell about this.
I swear, you complain about everything. It's getting to be a standard thing to see when you will post a complaint about [insert topic] here.

For the record: It's legal for people to have objects that you don't.
It's legal for people to have sims older than yours.
It's legal for people to have more simoleons than you.
It's legal for people to have more visitors to their lots than you.
It's legal for other sims to have more skill locks than yours.

For future reference: It's legal for people to be taller than you.
It's legal for people to watch different sports than you.
It's legal for people to like different music than you.
It's legal for people to wear different clothes than you.

Go ahead and be mad - you'd find a way even I posted a bunch of compliments.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

OMG you just opened a big ole can of worms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Told ya.

Was it wrong for an EA employee to give out a rare gift to people attending the community party? Nah, to me it was helping to build the community and nothing more. Congrats to those who received gifts at the party.

M

MandiK

Why do people resort to name calling? Like this is 7th grade. Pets of the Pub? For one, I rarely go to the pub, and when I do its rarely for more than 5 or 10 minutes. I didnt even know half the people at that party, and didnt seem AT ALL like 'pub heads'. It was a CHRISTMAS party. Not a 'congrats for paying your subscriptions for 5 years' party. I swear, sometimes it's a surprise the Devs even wanna do anything for anyone the way some people act. I cant imagine how discouraging it is. They cant give out anything without someone crying they didnt get one. Really, grow up.

P

PB Three

I beg to differ, when I IMed Lee telling him that I told Cherri to name her gnome "Little Lee", he asked if I was at the party and I said no. Not long after, he came to my store and gave me, TimTimmah (a great friend and roommate) and a visitor there (I think) gnomes. (Don't ask him, he'll probably kill me if you do.) lol

He's a very nice person and you can't blame him for that.

@ Meggers, you seem to have nothing but complaints here. I'm an idealist too, but I'm also a realist when I need to be. Don't take out your beef with EA/Maxis/the devs on us. We are enjoying the game AND the devs generousity, kindness and friendlyness. You have no grounds for complaint against someone who is being nice, IMHO.

PB Three

P

Purdy

Where did Lee get the gnomes from? Did he own those gnomes?

Just like at work, if your boss gave you a gift did he pay for it himself or steal it from the company?

G

Or did the company pay for the gift and not your boss? Either way, saying "gimmie gimmie gimmie" simply because you were not their is rude and is your fault for not showing up. The Christmas party was not an EA Christmas party, it was a player's party. Had it been an EA Christmas party, that might have been different.

P

PB Three

I was at the Community Store (WIP, not done yet) and he placed mystic trees and such like they were a normal object. So I assume that's how he got the gnomes.

PB Three

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sure this has been the first time he has given out gifts... It's Christmas.. people do give gifts you know.
----------------------------------------

That would be fine if he were just another player giving gifts. He's a dev and the only ones who will ever get a gift from a dev are the ones who have noses firmly planted 3 feet up the dev's rear ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the party guests dont hang out at the pub or post on stratics, or if they do they were on sims I dont know.

You could have come to the party you chose not to. Those that attended did not arrive expecting gifts. I didnt invite Lee expecting him to give gifts. Of course gifting is alot less fun when folks expect it. Thats the joy of giving right? What about the people that did attend the party but not when Lee was there, they have alot more reason to be mad then you do! At any rate what right does anyone have to take take the spirit of the season away from another? Seriously its people like you that make me hate Christmas.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just like at work, if your boss gave you a gift did he pay for it himself or steal it from the company?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing how the company would have had to give him the power to get those gnomes, I'm sure he didn't steal them.

He could have gotten all of the gnomes before the party, realized he got too many, and just decided hey! Let's go out and give something to those sims who take a break from their work and just have fun. I do stuff like that all the time at my work. If someone returns something because the box is damaged, I can give it away to someone else.

Honestly, how do you know they weren't lee's anyway? I knew a sim once in Mount Fuji who had a whole size 8 lot full of gnomes. Lee could have had a sim in test Center back when they first came out, invited a bunch of friends, and when his sim moved to TC3 he had all these gnomes to get rid of.

Bottom line is, you don't know that these gnomes came from EA. Nor do you know that they didn't. It doesn't matter anymore.

It is possible that Lee recieved the gnomes and was told "do what you want with these". Upon recieving them, he went to a lot that WAS NOT THE PUB and handed them out to everyone on the lot and a friendly present from LEE while he was NOT AT WORK.

If I go shopping at my store, I do not have to act like an employee, I can do whatever I want. If someone asks me a question I have the choice to ignore them or to help them. It is my choice.

G

GRINCH II

i saw him steal the gnomes, i saw him go to the regular cities and take all the gnomes from all the houses, watch out for lee, he will steal all your rares and give them away in tc3.

protect yourself ban the devs from your lots and if i were you i would go check my lots right now in the regular cities to see if your rares are still there

ha ha ha

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the point and why meggers is absolutely correct. if he had given teddy bears or something that wasn't rare, this thread would never exist

lee, seriously, you should know better

p.s. i got an im asking if i wanted to buy a gnome. i've heard of regifting, but dang. so much for ho, ho, ho

G

Once again, Lee was off the clock which makes him just like everyone else in the game, a player. If we follow what has been said than none of us should be allowed to do anything outside of company policy of the company that we work for, NO MATTER WHERE WE ARE. Rare or not, gnomes have always been a gift(that I can remember). And these were gifted, that isn't outside the normal way they are given out.

M

mariotso

and now people are selling them and making money...nice

think they would have done that if he would have chosen something no one else has access to but a dev? nope

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Once again, Lee was off the clock which makes him just like everyone else in the game, a player. If we follow what has been said than none of us should be allowed to do anything outside of company policy of the company that we work for, NO MATTER WHERE WE ARE. Rare or not, gnomes have always been a gift(that I can remember). And these were gifted, that isn't outside the normal way they are given out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be wrong, but I think what they are saying is the gnomes were not Lee's or earned by Lee, they are EA property and in giving them away he was acting as a EA employee at the time of giving them, I dunno, I really don't care either way but I see where they are coming from with all the pancakes. Ain't nuttin gonna stop that so might as well let em vent.

I wonder how many of those gnomes will end up on websites for sale for 69.95, LOL, I had to say it because I know many were thinking it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the point and why meggers is absolutely correct. if he had given teddy bears or something that wasn't rare, this thread would never exist

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey! He's an official with the company - he can give any damn thing he wants, and he doesn't need your's (or anyone's) approval. He didn't have to give <u>anything at all</u>, and I wouldn't blame him if he never does again (I will blame you!).

G

I'm sorry you have a problem with that mariotso. You have problems with a lot of things the devs do. I can appreciate it. Also you have to remember this, had it been anything, someone would still be upset that they didn't get it. And that is wrong. This wasn't a party hosted by the devs, it was a party hosted by ordinary players. Lee came to the party as a player to have fun, not to be a dev. And like PB three up above said:

<blockquote><hr>

I beg to differ, when I IMed Lee telling him that I told Cherri to name her gnome "Little Lee", he asked if I was at the party and I said no. Not long after, he came to my store and gave me, TimTimmah (a great friend and roommate) and a visitor there (I think) gnomes. (Don't ask him, he'll probably kill me if you do.) lol

He's a very nice person and you can't blame him for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you can't blame him and say what he did was wrong. He was just having fun and PB three blew up his spot.

P

PB Three

Ronin Dex, what was that supposed to mean? I didn't ask, he just gave me one when said I wasn't at the party when he asked if I was. In fact, I wouldn't have asked because that would've been impudent of me.
He's a very good friend of mine, not because of his gifts, but because he's a nice person.

P.S. I'm not sure what you meant, don't kill me if I responded to the wrong impression.

PB Three

G

GRINCH II

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be wrong, but I think what they are saying is the gnomes were not Lee's or earned by Lee, they are EA property and in giving them away he was acting as a EA employee at the time of giving them, I dunno, I really don't care either way but I see where they are coming from with all the pancakes. Ain't nuttin gonna stop that so might as well let em vent.

I wonder how many of those gnomes will end up on websites for sale for 69.95, LOL, I had to say it because I know many were thinking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is all EA's property, doesnt it say in the ROC that all objects in the game belong to EA and cannot be sold for real money without permission from EA to do so? so every gnome, every tree, every cannon in the game is property of EA. and remember people, it is only a game. dont act like a child when you dont get things to go your way

G

No, not mean. Just proving that Lee is a good guy that when asked nicely, he responds nicely. No harm meant. Just using your post to show that Lee is a good guy, not a horrible EA representative.

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

playing in TC3 which ain't easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, right? Just like pimping. Sigh.

<blockquote><hr>

I cant imagine how discouraging it is. They cant give out anything without someone crying they didnt get one. Really, grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'm still eff-ing pissed that i never got my easy baby erm... I mean, easy bake oven.

I think its Hi-larious that some people got gnomes and others didn't. Even more funny that most of these people are adults. It's like you are whining to your parents that you didn't get "extra-special" pixels this year. Jewsus Christ.

Besides I'm jewish, where's my effing 8 days of presents, Lee? Screw these people I'm one of the chosen ones!!!

*Looks at Lee's pants on the ground, then back at Lee* Oh, are you Jewish, too?

P

PB Three

Ah, ok. ty for clarifying.

Yeah, we sure agree on that, my friend.

PB Three

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it is all EA's property, doesnt it say in the ROC that all objects in the game belong to EA and cannot be sold for real money without permission from EA to do so? so every gnome, every tree, every cannon in the game is property of EA. and remember people, it is only a game. dont act like a child when you dont get things to go your way

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it all belongs to EA, and btw, it's not a TOS violation to sell game items. Like I said, I really don't see a problem with Lee giving things away, I never said I did so it's not me acting like a child, I just stated the obvious and you quoted a rule of the TOS incorrectly. Please reread my post and stand corrected, ty.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

No, not mean. Just proving that Lee is a good guy that when asked nicely, he responds nicely. No harm meant. Just using your post to show that Lee is a good guy, not a horrible EA representative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But ya gotta admit, this thread is pretty damn funny.

G

I hate to admit as well, but you are right KIR, this thread is pretty damn funny.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

I must admit, as SOON as we received those gnomes, I had thought "Someone is going to make a post on stratics. I just feel it." It was odd, because at the party, the whole process was very pleasant and hush-hush. Nobody bragged about it, etc. For a good amount of time there wasn't a post to be found on stratics about it, but alas, there it was.

I knew it was going to turn out like this. Personally, I wouldn't have ever posted something like this out of fairness to others. The act of the gift giving itself was perfectly fine, because it WAS in fact un-planned. We were not at the community pub - we were at a party house. Nobody knew Lee was coming, he just said "Merry Christmas" and made sure he handed them to everyone that was on the lot. Everyone had the opportunity to come. I did not walk onto the lot expecting to get gifts; I went to have a great time. I did. Whether or not I received a gift, I still would've had the same amount of fun.

It's a shame that due to this thread we may never have surprises from the dev team again. Please keep in mind that when the devs are doing favors for you, you should do a favor for them and keep it hushed. This is similar to the situation when Parizad had gone from store to store to reimburse people for the clothing rack price reduction. It should've happened and been set aside, but it was brought to stratics for everyone to flame about. I'm not about hiding things from the public, but there's a place and time for everything, and this thread just doesn't fit into that category in my opinion. &lt;/ramble&gt;

G

GRINCH II

we were having this discussion the other day at the pub about selling items for money and the devs all said it is against the rule to sell for real money since the items belong to EA and not the person selling the object. it is the same as selling simolians in the game. EA can get away with it cuz it all belongs to them but any of us it doesnt belong.

lets put it in terms you may understand. You lend your lawnmower to a friend to use. then he turns around and lets another person have it to use and charges him for it. so now a 3rd person has your lawnmower and your friend is making money off of it without your permission. now, would you be happy with your friend even though the lawnmower still belongs to you?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

p.s. i got an im asking if i wanted to buy a gnome. i've heard of regifting, but dang. so much for ho, ho, ho

[/ QUOTE ]

It is standard gaming proceedure for a game company to hold 'events' .... it is also standard in online games, for only those that show up on time at these events, to get any of the unique items that are being given away.

Thus it is completely *fair*, and it's a common online game practice....the fact that most of our events were player run, does not change that in the least.

What ever the underlining motives are, complaining about other people's good fortune in getting a nice Christmas present, looks totally like sour grapes, no matter how you spin it.

Congratulations to all the party-goers, sounds like you had a great time!

For all the gnome recepients....I hope you continue to enjoy your gift throughout the year.............but........ you do know they are all secret agents of the Gnome Mob.....right?

You should really keep them in a locked closet at night...just to be safe....or you could wake up to "Pwnd" spelled out in garbage on your trashed lot.....s'truth!

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

we were having this discussion the other day at the pub about selling items for money and the devs all said it is against the rule to sell for real money since the items belong to EA and not the person selling the object. it is the same as selling simolians in the game. EA can get away with it cuz it all belongs to them but any of us it doesnt belong.

lets put it in terms you may understand. You lend your lawnmower to a friend to use. then he turns around and lets another person have it to use and charges him for it. so now a 3rd person has your lawnmower and your friend is making money off of it without your permission. now, would you be happy with your friend even though the lawnmower still belongs to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

TAKEN FROM THE EA WEBSITE:

QUESTION
Is it illegal to sell my TSO items for real money?
Answer
It is not a Terms of Service violation to sell TSO items via eBay or through any other 3rd party vendors. However, it is considered a Terms of Service violation for players to advertise ANY items in the game or on the message boards in exchange for real world goods. Players must keep in mind that EA/Maxis does not support these transactions and if the transaction should fail to complete, EA/Maxis will not assist in recovering lost items or money. Account transfers are only supported through the EA account transfer program. To securely transfer your account, please email [email protected]. Transferring your TSO account without using the account transfer program is considered a Terms of Service violation and subject to permanent account closure.

Nuff said!

G

Just to add to what KIR said, it is against Ebay's policy to sell said items. The only pixelated items that Ebay approves of is SL. This is because(article i read and don't remember where)SL is not an online game, it is an online 3D Social World. That is how the article put it.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Exactly, Gilly.

For example: I play LOTRO, and my account died for a month due to one of my credit cards expiring. During that very short time-frame, all founders accounts (I fit in that category) were given a gift of having the ability to gain an object ten levels earlier than all other players. I did not receive this gift due to my account being inactive, but there was nothing I could do to complain. I could throw a hissy fit and say I have been there since day one, but they don't care. I shouldn't, either, and I don't. This happens all the time in online games - you just should accept the gift if you're there, or accept the fact that you chose not to attend.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

It is standard gaming proceedure for a game company to hold 'events' .... it is also standard in online games, for only those that show up on time at these events, to get any of the unique items that are being given away.

Thus it is completely *fair*, and it's a common online game practice....the fact that most of our events were player run, does not change that in the least.

What ever the underlining motives are, complaining about other people's good fortune in getting a nice Christmas present, looks totally like sour grapes, no matter how you spin it.

Congratulations to all the party-goers, sounds like you had a great time!

For all the gnome recepients....I hope you continue to enjoy your gift throughout the year.............but........ you do know they are all secret agents of the Gnome Mob.....right?

You should really keep them in a locked closet at night...just to be safe....or you could wake up to "Pwnd" spelled out in garbage on your trashed lot.....s'truth !

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

and now people are selling them and making money...nice

think they would have done that if he would have chosen something no one else has access to but a dev? nope

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is sitting by the front door on my lot.

You wanna stop by every day and check to be sure I still have it?

This thread really is quite comical as mentioned earlier. It's like a couple of little kids are having a temper tantrums.

P

Purdy

I only posted here cause I was defending Meggers post. I couldn't care less about getting gnome and good for the ppl who got one. I got my gnome in IH when it was closed for a week and they appologized to everyone there by giving us gnomes and the same thing happened with that. Everyone in every other city wanted a gnome too. This is all too funny!!!!

G

If I had received a gnome, I would have given it away to a deserving person. I was too lazy to log on, and I'm glad I was.

It's a gnome. Lee was being generous. If you weren't at the party, too bad, sucks for you, better luck next time. No need to whine and pancake about it. It makes you look like ungrateful little five-year-olds who didn't get their yellow truck with airbags from Santa.

Boo freaking hoo.

G

GRINCH II

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

TAKEN FROM THE EA WEBSITE:

QUESTION
Is it illegal to sell my TSO items for real money?
Answer
It is not a Terms of Service violation to sell TSO items via eBay or through any other 3rd party vendors. However, it is considered a Terms of Service violation for players to advertise ANY items in the game or on the message boards in exchange for real world goods. Players must keep in mind that EA/Maxis does not support these transactions and if the transaction should fail to complete, EA/Maxis will not assist in recovering lost items or money. Account transfers are only supported through the EA account transfer program. To securely transfer your account, please email [email protected]. Transferring your TSO account without using the account transfer program is considered a Terms of Service violation and subject to permanent account closure.

Nuff said!

[/ QUOTE ]

k, i just spent all this time trying to find that in the terms of service and rules of conduct. i didnt see what you put at all in the terms of service or rules of conduct.

nuff said!

K

Keep It Real

Ummm...did you see where I said it was taken from the EA website? Also did you find anything saying it was a TOS violation to sell items?

G

GRINCH II

i couldnt find it either way. and i am re reading it all over again to make sure i didnt miss anything. but like i said, we had this discussion the other day with the devs and they said it was a rules violation and an account can be suspended for it. i am also sure i have read it before about it being a violation.

G

TTL

Haha Cherri a little to late to hit the delete button.
I brought a gnome with me from TC... he was my first during the refer a friend thing so I figured I'd keep him with that sim. At any rate my new gnome may be able to sit in the lot with the other one.

Lee can do whatever he wants with the gnomes in his inventory. The gnomes were originally rare b/c of the way they were given out. Then they were given out again... and now again

Who knows in a week we could log in and see them sitting in catalog.

I'd die laughing if that happens. Actually I'm going to add that to my christmas wish list.

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

we had this discussion the other day with the devs and they said it was a rules violation and an account can be suspended for it. i am also sure i have read it before about it being a violation.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my understanding its a loop hole for sellers. It is not a violation to actually sell the items via paypal by a user, but it IS a violation if that user goes in game and says "contact me for rare items/simoleans by using www.____________.com". If you see those sites being advertised on a sims bio, house bio, or sign then you can report all you want.

G

GRINCH II

yeah put mystic trees on catalogue also, now that would be wonderful

G

Seriously, I don't wanna see trees or gnomes or any other type of gift in the catalog. They are gifts and should be left as gifts.

But as far as gifts go, I wanna Christmas gift

that was sarcasm if you couldn't tell

Status
Not open for further replies.