• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I Got A Gnome!!!!!!!! *DELETED*

• Thread starter imported_Cherri Bear
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

Haha Cherri a little to late to hit the delete button.
I brought a gnome with me from TC... he was my first during the refer a friend thing so I figured I'd keep him with that sim. At any rate my new gnome may be able to sit in the lot with the other one.

Lee can do whatever he wants with the gnomes in his inventory. The gnomes were originally rare b/c of the way they were given out. Then they were given out again... and now again

Who knows in a week we could log in and see them sitting in catalog.

I'd die laughing if that happens. Actually I'm going to add that to my christmas wish list.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, that would be to damn funny.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But as far as gifts go, I wanna Christmas gift

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!!! It's only fair!!!

They got a gnome?

*I* want a Hobbit!!!

G

I am not a "pubhead". I am something else. Ask KIR. He knows.

I got a gnome as well. Jackiee, I will need you to hold it for me.

Okay. So I read this thread. Not all of it. It got lame. Real lame.

There are lots of greedy people here. Just cause you didn't recieve a gift is nothing to raise hell about. Then again, this is TSO. No one is ever happy.

I

imported_LFancey

I missed that picture... dang it was that b4 or after I got hit with the server problem.

I would have liked to have been in that picture.

Merry Christmas,

Lee

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

and now people are selling them and making money...nice

think they would have done that if he would have chosen something no one else has access to but a dev? nope

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is sitting by the front door on my lot.

You wanna stop by every day and check to be sure I still have it?

This thread really is quite comical as mentioned earlier. It's like a couple of little kids are having a temper tantrums.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, not interesting in visiting your gnome, but thank you just the same.

i did just visit one for sale at a store in tc3 though. going rate is 350,000 big ones. dang, do people there really have that kind of money? i thought everyone was po like me!

G

Ok good Lee is here, now quick someone call CSI and have them take some swabs of Lee's butt, so we can have some DNA testing done. That way we can see how many of the people that were fortunate enough to recieve the gifts actually are the real butt kissers.

Lee..... drop trow and grab your ankles..... Oh wait that might be taken out of content and misconstrued and cause this thread to take off in another direction... NEVERMIND... well call you into the lab when we are ready.

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

Who knows in a week we could log in and see them sitting in catalog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think pom poms would be a better addition

C

Cruz Cavera

Bull, he needs to get real and stop giving gifts to just those who bow at his alter.
I have better things to do than brown nose the devs, but unless you do just that, you are SOL in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I don't see why anyone would want to be up their rear end. It's not like they are doing such a fantastic job. When we finally get an update we pay for it. Oh well, it's a gnome.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Bull, he needs to get real and stop giving gifts to just those who bow at his alter.
I have better things to do than brown nose the devs, but unless you do just that, you are SOL in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I don't see why anyone would want to be up their rear end. It's not like they are doing such a fantastic job. When we finally get an update we pay for it. Oh well, it's a gnome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...I was recently (today) given a gnome for "butt kissing above and beyond the call of duty", go figure.

I

imported_Qute Pi

so wait...there was a party...and rare gifts were given out...and this happened during a time when half of us couldn't even sign into the game and were stuck in the update process?

wow...thanks for nothing, literally.

M

MandiK

-plays violin for everyone who cries about a cartoon gnome in an online game-

I

IndigoSpin

<font color="purple">To no one in particular.

Rather than quibbling over the ethics and other particulars of gift-giving, I would like to know how these gifts are going to impact the zero-sum economy that the development team worked so hard to put in place.

The gnomes entered TC3 without being purchased (or if they were purchased, I would imagine it would be for the §1 listed in their object description). However, gnomes are rare at this point, not being available in the catalogue for all people to purchase. So if these high-value items entered the economy, and there was no equitable flow of value out of the economy, it seems that things would be thrown out of whack.

For example, anyone with a gnome that entered the economy the way it did could turn around, sell it for a large sum of Simoleons, and eventually sell those Simoleons back to EA for real life cash.

Please let me know if that view is incorrect. I'm really not totally clear on how the economy is supposed to work. And again, this is completely separate from the issue of gift-giving and whatnot. I'm interested only in the impact on the economy.</font>

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="purple">To no one in particular.

Rather than quibbling over the ethics and other particulars of gift-giving, I would like to know how these gifts are going to impact the zero-sum economy that the development team worked so hard to put in place.

The gnomes entered TC3 without being purchased (or if they were purchased, I would imagine it would be for the §1 listed in their object description). However, gnomes are rare at this point, not being available in the catalogue for all people to purchase. So if these high-value items entered the economy, and there was no equitable flow of value out of the economy, it seems that things would be thrown out of whack.

For example, anyone with a gnome that entered the economy the way it did could turn around, sell it for a large sum of Simoleons, and eventually sell those Simoleons back to EA for real life cash.

Please let me know if that view is incorrect. I'm really not totally clear on how the economy is supposed to work. And again, this is completely separate from the issue of gift-giving and whatnot. I'm interested only in the impact on the economy.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

They have no impact on the economy, the money used to purchase one, if in fact one gets sold is already in the economy to start with. Simoleans cannot be sold back to EA in TC3.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's a shame only the pets of the pub ever get a damnm gift. Hey Lee, how about rewarding all of us who pay for this damn game and not just the sniffers.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, anybody who knows my name here in stratics knows I am diffenitly NOT a pub head, nor do I go to the pub unless I really have a question or an issue to raise. I have to come to the defense of Lee on this issue, since I went to the pub the other day for an answer to an issue and after a long debate with Lee I was offered a surprise present too with no strings attached. Maybe Lee is just trying to support the Christmas spirit by randomly giving out his special gifts to us players. How do we know for sure if this isn't just the beginning of his Christmas support to us in tc3, since the Christmas season is not over with yet. I know, I for one, was pleasantly surprised with my gift, especially with all my negative sounding criticisms here in statics. So its not a fair statement to make saying only his pubheads and followers receive anything since I by far don't fall into that catagory and the party was opened to all of us to attend. I was not at the party, but Lee still seems to be attempting to support the spirit of this season. Thank you Lee by the way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I missed that picture... dang it was that b4 or after I got hit with the server problem.

I would have liked to have been in that picture.

Merry Christmas,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Lee I tried to wait til you could get back in the game for the photo.

G

So now I know what happened to all those gnomes that I sold! All this time, I thought I was making a gnome army

Seriously though....I'm sorry I missed the party but I'm glad everyone had a good time

K

Karma Sutra

* TTL *

I rarely post here anymore because I rarely play TSO-E... I keep my founder account open, just waiting for the big merge to see if it's something I wanna play again...

But I do read stratics...

And Jeezus martha holy effing howdy doody! Some of you peeps are seriously nuts!!! It's a friggin gnome, not an Oscar!!! It's a gift, you weren't there, others were, so deal with it! But holy hell, bitchin cause you didn't receive a gift? Stratics has hit an all-time low.

I feel bad for Lee... the few times I went to the Pub, he was a very nice person and seemed to truly want to help EVERYONE, not the, uh, what did some of you call em, ass kissers? Get over it! Oh wait, this is Stratics... so wash, rinse, repeat... carry on, kids...

Ok, bye bye,
Karma *-*

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

-plays violin for everyone who cries about a cartoon gnome in an online game-

[/ QUOTE ]

not a cartoon gnome hun, try several hundred thou

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I think that's what makes me feel bad about some of the reactions in this thread.

Here's a nice guy just trying to do something nice and BAM!!!

I'm sick of the people that keep attacking him for everything.

M

mariotso

yeah, how was he to know someone would make a post gloating about "I got a Gnome!!!!!!!" that would possibly make people who couldn't even get into the game feel like it was unfair?

G

<blockquote><hr>

yeah, how was he to know someone would make a post gloating about "I got a Gnome!!!!!!!" that would possibly make people who couldn't even get into the game feel like it was unfair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuff happens.
o well.

G

Seriously, nothing that happened was unfair. It was an event, stuff was given out. You weren't there, you didn't get it. It's like at my job last Christmas, if we worked the Sunday before Christmas, we got a bonus. Those who didn't work it, didn't get a bonus. Nothing Lee did was unfair.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I felt left out when EJ got their gnomes because I had put a sim to move there but it didn't go because the city was down.

But I didn't dwell on it because I really am not into gnomes.

I love the gnome I got at the christmas party because it was a gift from a friend. Lee could have given me a pink flamingo and I would have been happy with it. (But then again...we all know how much I love those things. LMAO)

And I also appreciate the gifts I received from my Secret Santa.

M

mariotso

no matter how many times you say the same thing dun't make it true

ps. yeah dutch, i'm not into gnomes either. but that 350K sounds pretty good!

G

The fact is, it is true. That Christmas party was advertised here on stratics. The fact that you didn't show up means its your fault. I didn't go and I didn't get one. Point being, I understand facts. Nothing done was unfair.

G

<blockquote><hr>

and the people who couldn't get in game? any sympathy for them?

[/ QUOTE ]
no

G

They are different. I haven't seen one poster claim they didn't go to the party cause they couldn't get in game.

G

Don't turn it on Cherri, she was ecstatically happy to have received a gnome, something she's always wanted in game, and she wanted to share her joy. She was also thanking Lee for giving them out. You all should be ashamed of the way you are acting about this. Lee was doing a nice thing, and yes, he even gave to those who aren't pub regulars or agree with anything EA is doing with the game. Most of what I see in this thread is greed greed greed... you people are worse than a bunch of little kids fighting over a toy *shakes head*

Maybe it's a good thing rares will be devalued. Then you can just be greedy about who has the biggest bestest *insert something stupid here*

M

mariotso

oh, so since you haven't seen it, it doesn't exist? i think there's an actual disorder like that

in any case and once again, you are wrong

K

Keep It Real

You can still get one, Lee is still handing them out, a bunch of us players got them today. See Lee and he will give you the same gift. He sure is great fella that Lee is.

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
no

[/ QUOTE ]

i was responding to ronin, jackiee. asking you would be moot

G

Nothing he did was unfair. You can tell me I'm wrong till the end of time and I'm not. If you had gotten one, you wouldn't be in this argument. You would be on the other side.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Don't turn it on Cherri, she was ecstatically happy to have received a gnome, something she's always wanted in game, and she wanted to share her joy. She was also thanking Lee for giving them out. You all should be ashamed of the way you are acting about this. Lee was doing a nice thing, and yes, he even gave to those who aren't pub regulars or agree with anything EA is doing with the game. Most of what I see in this thread is greed greed greed... you people are worse than a bunch of little kids fighting over a toy *shakes head*

Maybe it's a good thing rares will be devalued. Then you can just be greedy about who has the biggest bestest *insert something stupid here*

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent post.

M

mariotso

i meant you were wrong because someone did post that they couldn't attend cause they couldn't get in game

this is fun!

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

manure occurith

[/ QUOTE ]

that is awesome! i need a bumper sticker with that!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
no

[/ QUOTE ]

i was responding to ronin, jackiee. asking you would be moot

[/ QUOTE ]

Still, public forum.. I can answer.
And based on that other question you asked... I was at the party, I don't think anyone was sitting at home saying "DAMMIT VERIFY I GOTTA GET INTO TC3 FOR THAT PARTY" at all.

If anything in hindsight people are now saying "OH i couldn't go b/c of work, TSO's issues, b/c my baby has the bird flu"

W/e things in life happen that prevent us wonderful things.
Dwelling on it is stupid, lame, and a waste of time.

You are just mad b/c you won't make your 350K of useless simoleans.

Relax mario... I doubt Lee logged in to TC3 last night to piss the whiners off.
That was just a lucky side benefit.

He did it to be nice. And he is still being nice.

Sucker.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

It was an event hosted by a PLAYER, not by the company. If EA had hosted a party and players were locked out, and they solely handed out gifts at that party alone, then I could slightly see your standpoint, but that's not the case at all. This is such a tired thread.

M

mariotso

yeah, i don't remember saying he wasn't nice. and you sound like you need a hug.

G

My god! This is still going on. The war in Iraq will be over before we can come to an agreement.

Just .calm down
and if you can't...

*waves gnome in your face*
lookie what I got?

G

<blockquote><hr>

yeah, i don't remember saying he wasn't nice. and you sound like you need a hug.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ew no ty.

I get enough of those.

I'm actually awesomely nice when I'm not dealing with idiots.
*giggles*

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

It was an event hosted by a PLAYER, not by the company. If EA had hosted a party and players were locked out, and they solely handed out gifts at that party alone, then I could slightly see your standpoint, but that's not the case at all. This is such a tired thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly phoenix, i agree. i'm really chuckling about all this.

the only point i do think is valid is that he shouldn't have given away a rare. the game should have some sort of integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.