• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Governors Opponents and Voters Mesanna Would Like a Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Was anything settled or decided? I left shortly after I spoke,because Mesanna was telling most that this was a Catskills-only meeting. I hope there will be minutes posted so I can know what Pandora said. I was in line and could not see what was said.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The meeting ran really long, and in all truth was a meeting that should never have been. I am sure though that some of us can fill you in on what transpired.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was anything settled or decided? I left shortly after I spoke,because Mesanna was telling most that this was a Catskills-only meeting. I hope there will be minutes posted so I can know what Pandora said. I was in line and could not see what was said.
She mostly went on about the Governors thing bight an RP thing and that there should be something else for those from Felluca. Seemed a bit too divisive for a community really. After she had been speaking for some time and seemed to be saying the same thing over and over, I think I nodded off.

As far as anything being settled, I think the devs just took away some ideas and suggestions. She did say that the issues brought to her should have been handled in game with a GM. I am sure someone was taking more detailed notes then I was.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The meeting ran really long, and in all truth was a meeting that should never have been. I am sure though that some of us can fill you in on what transpired.
I don't know. Poor Mesanna. I know she wasn't expecting to sit here for 3 hours and quite a few people were there just to waste her time. Whoever had the issues didn't come forward though so I guess they weren't as bad as they made them out to be in the emails to Mesanna ;)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know. Poor Mesanna. I know she wasn't expecting to sit here for 3 hours and quite a few people were there just to waste her time. Whoever had the issues didn't come forward though so I guess they weren't as bad as they made them out to be in the emails to Mesanna ;)
I cannot believe I sat there for that long . The devs must have either been livid, or thought that Cats is populated by a bunch of children incapable of handling minor squabbles.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
She mostly went on about the Governors thing bight an RP thing and that there should be something else for those from Felluca. Seemed a bit too divisive for a community really. After she had been speaking for some time and seemed to be saying the same thing over and over, I think I nodded off.

As far as anything being settled, I think the devs just took away some ideas and suggestions. She did say that the issues brought to her should have been handled in game with a GM. I am sure someone was taking more detailed notes then I was.
Thank you I forgot about the whole division of players between pvp and rp thing. That made me sad. I am glad no one else supported such a thing. Every single person in my guild has agreed that we want to explore all parts of the game and not be "separated" into a specific group. As Mesanna stated at the end of the meeting, we are all here to play and play the way we want to and we should support each other as a group. I think @Dag Nabbit has done a fantastic job in running his pvp tournament and showing that we can all be together and have fun regardless of playstyle. Kudos!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed. Anytime you seek to exclude a segment of the population you diminish the community as a whole. I am looking at ways to hold my boat race in Felluca or perhaps a second race. I want as many as would like to to be a part of things.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still liked my idea about the buffs being moved into the guild system. :p

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Indeed. Anytime you seek to exclude a segment of the population you diminish the community as a whole. I am looking at ways to hold my boat race in Felluca or perhaps a second race. I want as many as would like to to be a part of things.
What about having a boat fight?
Everyone brings the same kind of boat (in fact I will buy them for each team) anyone can enter, last boat standing wins.
We'd need someone to provide cannons and cannon balls and whatnot, but yes, brilliant.
Not stealing your idea. Run with it Aedon!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about having a boat fight?
Everyone brings the same kind of boat (in fact I will buy them for each team) anyone can enter, last boat standing wins.
We'd need someone to provide cannons and cannon balls and whatnot, but yes, brilliant.
Not stealing your idea. Run with it Aedon!
Well, the entire idea of the race was last boat with a crew would win. I would if need be hold a race on both sides, though I only have one of the large ships as a prize. And I am open to any and all suggestions. Things like this are always more fun when more are a part.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well, I was thinking a gargoyle boat for everyone (i couldn't provide britainnian boats) to use during the fight. They'd be fighting each other instead of the pirates or whatnot. Scuttling each others boats and killing everyone!!!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This seems like a good idea in some ways, but it takes away too much from the town elections. Right now providing suitable buffs for your residents are the biggest thing that appeals to the masses and not just a few. I did like the idea of allowing folks to click on the stone and choose a buff so long as a trade deal was opened. Perhaps the Trade deal could be with a conglomerate of different trade factions. This would offer more options for residents. And really, with more to offer donations to the stone to help maintain trade might pick up

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I was thinking a gargoyle boat for everyone (i couldn't provide britainnian boats) to use during the fight. They'd be fighting each other instead of the pirates or whatnot. Scuttling each others boats and killing everyone!!!
Oh the gargy ships are great for the fight for sure. the Brit ship is the prize for the winning captain.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would actually pay more per week if my citizens could choose their own buffs! That would be so amazing.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pandora had some very valid points. The governor system is so wierd. Its an rp setting with the only major attraction to non-rpers being a very valuable stat. In my mind its a good thing to bring together the two "groups" that may not otherwise meet. I know one famous (or infamous depending on your opinion) atlantic governor was new to rp but really enjoyed his 3 or 4 terms and did an excellent job rping out his role as governor. Im not saying every smack talking pvper is going to be "converted" but its something that can provide an easy opportunity for those new to RP to be exposed to it.

Pandora did a great job i thought, being the first to speak in front of all those people is a hard thing to do. I was glad i got in line second so i didnt have to wait, and i didnt have much to say as the reason behind the meeting didnt particularly involve me. thats why i spoke on an assistant rather than Smoot himself.
All of Pandoras frustrations were very valid as i see it. My skin may be a bit thicker than hers and more suited to brush things off, but its always harder being on the recieving end. Politics or not, people can and will be mean and reactive unfortunately.
Its also valid seeing "some guy from atlantic" come and run when no one really knows him being a bit surprising to say the least. I really do enjoy rp, as well as other aspects of the game. Ive enjoyed my 6months on cats so far, have met many great new people, and plan on having a great time. im sorry that there was so much uglyness involved with the whole thing. I considered resigning even, but then thought that wouldnt be fair to the people who voted for me, and to the system as a whole.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but this one I don't like. The buffs are fine in the governor system, even if they do need a little fine tuning. It's the one real thing that a governor can do for people at the moment, and serves as a reason for some to run in the first place. In all the years I've been involved in the rp community the one thing that has remained constant is that there are less of us every year. In my opinion anything reasonable that has the chance of changing that should be encouraged.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Callista

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I can say one thing about the meeting last night..it did bring many people together even if they didn't all necessary agree on points. I saw many new and old faces and thanks to the squelching...most everyone waited in line nicely like big girls and boys.

As for the buff system... I am glad ideas are being considered to help it be more reasonable to afford.

Smoot I am glad you didn't resign and from what I understand the Brew will be open Thursday? So maybe Pandora won't leave us after all as we'll.

Now everyone has had a chance to cool down and also vent hurt and frustrations hopefully we can all move together as a community.

(Edit) someone just informed me Pandora said she was closing indefinitely, I really truly hope that isn't the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I become irritatable whenever I watch someone refer to "RP" as something that's separate from PvM or PvP or any other activity. Role-playing simply means playing a role. That's all it is. While RP communities like to have their fancy acronyms (often unnecessary) or rules of engagement (often necessary), neither are required to role-play. That was one of my least favorite arguments during the Britain campaigning-- that one side was PVP'ers and the other side were role-players. Smoot has repeatedly demonstrated himself a role-player, and Pandora has been involved with her RP/PVP system.

I strongly dislike the idea of separating role-players and PvP'ers into different systems because it's incredibly simplistic suggestion that disregards the obvious crossover and other in-game activities like PvM. UO is not a new game, and we need to foster interaction between the communities we have instead of dividing them further. Anyone actually familiar with the history of Catskills -- the initial wave of guilds on Ken Masters' old UOTC forums like the Shadow Clan Orcs, Dark Rychen, the Picts, Glamervelt Elves or all that fighting around Yew during the summer of 1998 -- will recall how important PVP and unscripted conflict was to the growth of our role-playing community. While I'm not deluded enough to think we'll ever reach those heights again, segregating the shard's player base will only ensure further erosion of what it could realistically still be.

For all its flaws, the governor system has been a great system for RP. We should really appreciate that governors are required to be in-character during Royal Council meetings. I also like that the system is open-ended and each governor in each city in each shard can figure out the best way to interact with the constituency.

While I appreciate the Developers making an appearance, I'm still confused why the meeting was necessary to begin with. I don't think it made Catskills, particularly our role-playing community look very good. There were a lot of great suggestions (and some not so great ones), but all of them could have been made via e-mail or board posts.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do understand Pandy's frustrations, what I do not understand is taking it to the level it was taken. We have all in this game at one time or another felt put off, insulted or just plain hurt by characters or events around us. But most of us can see that these things are being done to our in game characters, and do not take it as a personal affront on us as players. If you really believe an issue cannot be resolved within the RP of the game, then it is best to take a few steps back, and recover your cool before taking that next step.

Pandy has held some wonderful events in the game, but as stated last eve, one need not be Governor of a city to do so. In fact, sometimes it is much easier to plan and stage such things away from the demands any office may bring.

As Thom stated above, over the years the RP community has seen far too many losses of fine players, and the notion of now driving any stake into the ground that separates RPers from RPvPers is not wise.

Like Judas I am also not a fan of scripted RP. By that I mean knowing the outcome of what is being played out, or setting a schedule for any attacks on a town or person. Some of the best things about the old days on Catskills was the thrill of not knowing what was going to happen next. The Knights Rest in years back was often assailed by naer-do-wells, Pirates and the occasional angry drunk. These days events are well planned and woe be to the poor swab that might come in and disrupt the merriment. And where I respect and understand the work put into such events(having planned many in my close to 13 years of play) I also enjoy the unscripted and long for the times when evil was evil.

The election is behind us now, and we hall have a choice to make. Live in yesterday and dwell on loss and who said or did what to who. Or to move together as one community and continue to bring life to our characters while welcoming all who wish to dip their toes into the RP pond be it for a day a week or for long years to come.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left about an hour through cause I had other stuff to do, so I missed about two hours can came back just as everyone was leaving. I can't imagine sitting there listening for 3 hours about nothing. At least I had party chat to keep sane and it was hilarious and I thank those that were in party they know who they are.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left about an hour through cause I had other stuff to do, so I missed about two hours can came back just as everyone was leaving. I can't imagine sitting there listening for 3 hours about nothing. At least I had party chat to keep sane and it was hilarious and I thank those that were in party they know who they are.
What! You had a party and did not invite me?

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let's once again blame Pandora because I emailed Mesanna to tell her that my thoughts about MY experience on election night. Wow... talk about not letting up on her!

For me it was about the way she was treated and it was that that I conveyed to Mesanna; make no mistakes that was harassment. The attack on her person (not her character as Governor, but her person) was what turned that into something I felt Mesanna should have been informed about. Did Pandy get rough at the end? Sure. She did. But guess what? She admits that. Did I let my own emotions get the best of me when I saw a post that I perceived to be an insincere "Tarzan chest beating" post? Sure did. And after hours and hours and hours of mistreatment, well there is only so much someone can take. And maybe some of you only witnessed certain parts, but then you should not be so gung ho to jump onto the bandwagon without knowing the whole picture.

That kind of treatment may be normal on other shards but it is not something I had ever experienced in that manner here on Catskills as Governor of Minoc for 3 terms. That's the core issue. I can't tell you how many times you guys have said, "this happens everywhere else" ... etc. etc. Guess what? We're not supposed to be "like other shards"... as Va'lis has stated, we were supposed to be "one of the strongest community-oriented attitudes of all the shards". People that come to play here should adopt that sense and be kind and respectful and that night we were anything but. I thought us better than this, and I was proved wrong.

As it stands, I have cancelled all my accounts. And yes all of my accounts and my husband's old accounts that I reactivated. We own or used to own large RP cities, and I won't get into which ones but I can assure you they were quite famous back in the day prior to the facet split. We as a guild still own Vamp's Lair (the new one in Malas and houses we own still where the old Vamp's Lair was in East Britain that we retain as private homes and lovingly call Cindervale in Felucca), Trinsic Hold (in Felucca), West Umbra, North Umbra, South Umbra, and most recently Winterhaven (the Draconian territory). That's a whole lot of accounts yes... but they are all here on Catskills and provide something to this shard, not other shards. Did I go out and ask my friends on Great Lakes to help vote for Pandy? Darn right I did. Did I ever do that before this election? Nope. Certainly not. I have spent time on Great Lakes trying to get folks to come RP here on Catskills and try their hand at some Evil RP, even part time... and I RP there part time too and saw some injustices happening there in regards to elections as well that I wanted to try to help. Pandy does not play on GL. Pandy only plays on Catskills.

Also, for anyone that thinks something awful about Pandy and me... I welcome you to Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Mumble any one of them that we have to come talk to both of us! Private message me about it. I do not normally do that because I am a very private person for very good reasons, but I've known Pandy for 14+ years, she lives very close to me and I often visit her and we play side by side. She cannot visit me often because my husband smokes cigars and the lingering smells aggravates her lung condition, so I go to her house quite often. She is the only one I have ever gotten that close to from the online world, and probably is the last.

To some of my favorites, and you know who you are, I will miss you guys. You were great to play with! You have me on Facebook. Have fun!!!

~ Sue.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry to hear you have chosen to cancel your accounts Sue. I am more so distressed that events in a game could prompt you to do so.
Please reconsider.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After she had been speaking for some time and seemed to be saying the same thing over and over, I think I nodded off.
^ This. Really? That's what I mean by disrespect. So rude! And in public. Is that necessary? Surely you could have stopped after "too divisive for me". No?

That treatment of each other is really uncalled for and is the reason I have decided to be off. I am sure Pandy will probably be back, but I for one will not be. Might take another 6+ years for me to ever consider coming back.

~ Sue.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I agree with Aedon. Please reconsider. Don't let one situation,even though it caused a lot of hurt,to cast a shadow over the whole shard.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ This. Really? That's what I mean by disrespect. So rude! And in public. Is that necessary? Surely you could have stopped after "too divisive for me". No?

That treatment of each other is really uncalled for and is the reason I have decided to be off. I am sure Pandy will probably be back, but I for one will not be. Might take another 6+ years for me to ever consider coming back.

~ Sue.
My dear the meeting was long and boring and a useless exercise in silliness. Having worked a long day I could not maintain interest in what was being said at the time simply because it should never have come to a giant meeting. We do have GM's to handle harassment issues and they should have been the ones called in.
Also, the statement above was not intended as disrespect towards anyone so much as a tongue in cheek view of a silly situation. (It was a joke)

Again, I do hope you reconsider the steps you have taken.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry to hear you have chosen to cancel your accounts Sue. I am more so distressed that events in a game could prompt you to do so.
Please reconsider.
Again I say it was "the attack on one of my best friend's PERSON" that is the core issue. The general acceptance that this is "acceptable behavior" from the folks we play with almost daily that is baffling to me. You should not be feeding into the notion that this is "okay" because it happens on other shards or "its worse elsewhere". How many times can we say this before you guys get it? It has zero to do with the election. Its the backstabbing nature that I see here within our own... the "we're not scripted, therefore our RP is far above yours" attitude that we get from everyone, just about everyone anyways. How many times can we say that we're not scripted just because we coordinate a time and day to have encounters?!? We're busy IRL so we find ways to be online at the same time; so sue us! Ask Aneirin and Hawkeye. Ask even Thom and Callista. While we have coordinated RPvP encounters with them, the outcomes and the events that happen at them were certainly not scripted! The inability to accept that yes CoD is different in the sense that we're from a literary series, that maybe we do things a little bit different, that maybe we're not 100% in character all of the time has led to this rift. But let us not forget that this entire world of UO is based on one man's (Richard Garriott) fantastical world so we all come from some sort of literary inspiration. All we have ever, ever asked for is some respect of our masquerade because as a group we're dependent on that in order to interact with others. We did not wish to be like Istas, which were almost completely isolationists. Playing in a vacuum isn't our thing! But being vampires is and the secret hidden life they lead. And that's never... ever been respected here.

I leave you with this... because Aneirin is so amazing and classy that I cannot put words forth that would do him justice.

http://stratics.com/community/threa...lawful-evil-on-catskills.311225/#post-2364473

I'd like to add a bit of information (advice maybe?)
For reasons I won't get into, playing vamps has never been my thing. However, back when I played, that didn't stop me from playing against the various vampire groups.

Of the many (many many) unnatural groups I've played against, CoD (and by association, OOD (I'd expect a group of mind-flayers to have that guild title... but that's off topic, whom I'd never interacted with (sorry, still quit)) is one of the most flexible for other play styles. So if you don't like the ideas behind either CoD or OotD, feel free to get in touch with Pandora or Bianca or any of the others, make (or join) another faction in their scenario, and play "against" them. They have always invited more ideas and are willing to entertain the entertaining plans.

In that way, the United Pirates of Catskills had plenty of interaction with CoD (and RBGu, who are still in play as far as I know), causing untold amounts of chaos in the process and rarely having out of character problems with the way they (or we, I've heard that we could be a bit abrasive) chose to conduct ourselves in character.
This is how we should be towards one another. Supportive, even in differences of opinions, and prideful of one another's efforts... instead we're dismissive, disrespectful, and confrontational and attack each other for no freaking reason. Hell even we have fallen into that ourselves a time or two because its sooooo contagious around you to be that way. For that I am truly sorry and apologize. But when people put you down enough, you start to believe that's how you should be too.

~ Sue.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So let's once again blame Pandora because I emailed Mesanna to tell her that my thoughts about MY experience on election night. Wow... talk about not letting up on her!
After calling for the meeting, I think it's unfortunate that you were not in attendance. A lot of people showed, and Mesanna even appeared to express some uncertainty as to the exact issues.

Your presence would have been helpful in clarifying.

As it stands, I have cancelled all my accounts. And yes all of my accounts and my husband's old accounts that I reactivated.
I think that's unfortunate because aside from some disagreements surrounding this election, I've enjoyed my interactions with you in-game and on ICQ. Hopefully like Pandora, you'll reconsider.

I've known Pandy for 14+ years, she lives very close to me and I often visit her and we play side by side. She cannot visit me often because my husband smokes cigars and the lingering smells aggravates her lung condition, so I go to her house quite often.
That makes you a really good friend. Based on my own personal knowledge of the places that you've both stated you live, I know the traffic on that drive can be a real pain! And public transportation, no picnic!

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dear the meeting was long and boring and a useless exercise in silliness. Having worked a long day I could not maintain interest in what was being said at the time simply because it should never have come to a giant meeting. We do have GM's to handle harassment issues and they should have been the ones called in.
Also, the statement above was not intended as disrespect towards anyone so much as a tongue in cheek view of a silly situation. (It was a joke)

Again, I do hope you reconsider the steps you have taken.
Do not call me "my dear". I am neither yours or a dear; far from it. That's just condescending. People need to stop disguising the nice nasties they put out in public as "jokes". Really... it should be beneath you all. Be better than that.

~ Sue.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not call me "my dear". I am neither yours or a dear; far from it. That's just condescending. People need to stop disguising the nice nasties they put out in public as "jokes". Really... it should be beneath you all. Be better than that.

~ Sue.
As you like it.
I will reframe from being nice to you.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its the backstabbing nature that I see here within our own... the "we're not scripted, therefore our RP is far above yours" attitude that we get from everyone, just about everyone anyways. How many times can we say that we're not scripted just because we coordinate a time and day to have encounters?!? We're busy IRL so we find ways to be online at the same time; so sue us! Ask Aneirin and Hawkeye. Ask even Thom and Callista. While we have coordinated RPvP encounters with them, the outcomes and the events that happen at them were certainly not scripted!
Just to clarify, my comment about scripted RP was not directed at Pandora or the Children of Darkness. Last night, Pandora publicly called for the separation of the RP and PvP communities via changes to the governor system. My point was that when the Catskills RP community was at its largest, most successful, and most inclusive (which in my opinion was from the spring/summer of 1998 until UO:R), PVP was a welcome part of it, and that trying to push things in the opposite direction was a bad idea. However, I don't disagree with you that present circumstances require more coordination than in the distant past.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After calling for the meeting, I think it's unfortunate that you were not in attendance. A lot of people showed, and Mesanna even appeared to express some uncertainty as to the exact issues. Your presence would have been helpful in clarifying.

I think that's unfortunate because aside from some disagreements surrounding this election, I've enjoyed my interactions with you in-game and on ICQ. Hopefully like Pandora, you'll reconsider.

That makes you a really good friend. Based on my own personal knowledge of the places that you've both stated you live, I know the traffic on that drive can be a real pain! And public transportation, no picnic!

A) I did not call for this public meeting, like I said I emailed Mesanna to tell her that my thoughts about MY experience on election night. And emails with the same issue did not come from just CoD but from many.

B) You do not know if I attended or not. You do not know whether I addressed my issues or not. You assume I didn't, but you do not know. I was there for sure. I saw what folks were saying in RP chat about Pandy as she spoke her mind; I wasn't the only one.

C) I don't disagree my interactions with you have been nice. Heck you even helped Pandy and me re-structure her campaign against Smoot. But this existed long before you and your group came over. This tit for tat, this inability to accept us and how we chose to RP. Its been commonplace on Catskills for years now. Ironically, its that same complaint that led to the Pitr debacle. Although I agree with most that he just took it too far. Its nothing against your group, Tobias. All nice folks.

D) Yes, and I couldn't have asked for a better friend to come from the online world than her. She is caring, loving, warm, forgiving, and always puts on a smile even through the worst of times; even though she can crack under pressure as all of us can. She's sensitive, yes, but she will fight to the death for her friends. That's the reason TLP (The Last Prophecy) is as big as it is. People gravitate to her!

E) We're in NYC/Long Island and traffic in the city and its surrounding areas is never going to change, so why let that stop us?

~ Sue.

Gabriel Drachen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay this entire post is getting to be a bit ridiculous. Bianca, Pandora. I am sorry you two had a bad experience ingame. But this happens on Catskills quite a lot. I am actually shocked in the few years you all have been playing here that you haven't experienced it. I myself have been alienated on this shard once before. I've played off and on this shard ever since late 2000, Spent quite a few years over on Europa as Command for a few guilds and even played on Atlantic for a short time. I can say with confidence... this whole issue is stupid and irrelevant. So someone talked ****... oh well, **** those people then. You two should be tougher than this. You've got an entire community that doesn't want to see you go, that wants to help you. But you are both so hung up because someone said mean things? I played an undead... on the daily I used to have people talking **** about me in guild chats and party. Hell I think many of the oldschool players here even remember my mistake of joining LBRS and all the lies and Slander they spread about me over a bad plot they created.

The fact of the matter is, Why do you care? If we wanted you gone we'd say "get the **** out of here" But none of us have said that have we? Certainly a few white lies have come to the attention of the community, And some off-sharders did some offensive things. But don't you think crying and running away in their wake is exactly what they want you to do?

No matter what game you play, no matter what server you go to, There is always going to be someone offensive, harrassing, or a complete *******. I should know I am one of the biggest *******s on this shard. Sometimes it's a lot better to deal with the *******s you know than the ones you've yet to meet. At least you know this ******* will be sad to see you running off like this, I had hoped you both stronger. But do what you want, there is always a place for you here.

Know that none of this is in disrespect, I am just tired of seeing paranoia twist the genuine concerns of other players.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to clarify, my comment about scripted RP was not directed at Pandora or the Children of Darkness. Last night, Pandora publicly called for the separation of the RP and PvP communities via changes to the governor system. My point was that when the Catskills RP community was at its largest, most successful, and most inclusive (which in my opinion was from the spring/summer of 1998 until UO:R), PVP was a welcome part of it, and that trying to push things in the opposite direction was a bad idea. However, I don't disagree with you that present circumstances require more coordination than in the distant past.
Thank you for clarifying that. I thought you were saying the same song and dance we hear from everyone else!!!

~ Sue.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Judas I understand well what you were saying, and agree fully. As far as scripted PP goes this does not refer to the group figuring out a night or nights when the largest amount of RPers can be on line but to scenarios where the outcome is already known.

Some years back I was laid into by my own guild for something I did. I allowed a group to take Aedon and lock him in a cell. This made some in my own guild livid and they refused to play out the event because I should never have "allowed" it to happen. I ended up playing out the lock up over a period of a couple of weeks with the guild that had taken Aedon captive.

I take RP as it comes even if it means I am caught out unarmed by an enemy of Aegis. I will not throw on armor if I am caught out shopping. That is Aedon's tough luck. I like to play things as they come my way which is why I would rather sit in a guild where most members no longer play, then join a larger group. This way what happens to Aedon does not offend anyone else.

The RP and PvP communities are not all that different. One side is just better armed.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay this entire post is getting to be a bit ridiculous. Bianca, Pandora. I am sorry you two had a bad experience ingame. But this happens on Catskills quite a lot. I am actually shocked in the few years you all have been playing here that you haven't experienced it. I myself have been alienated on this shard once before. I've played off and on this shard ever since late 2000, Spent quite a few years over on Europa as Command for a few guilds and even played on Atlantic for a short time. I can say with confidence... this whole issue is stupid and irrelevant. So someone talked ****... oh well, **** those people then. You two should be tougher than this. You've got an entire community that doesn't want to see you go, that wants to help you. But you are both so hung up because someone said mean things? I played an undead... on the daily I used to have people talking **** about me in guild chats and party. Hell I think many of the oldschool players here even remember my mistake of joining LBRS and all the lies and Slander they spread about me over a bad plot they created.

The fact of the matter is, Why do you care? If we wanted you gone we'd say "get the **** out of here" But none of us have said that have we? Certainly a few white lies have come to the attention of the community, And some off-sharders did some offensive things. But don't you think crying and running away in their wake is exactly what they want you to do?

No matter what game you play, no matter what server you go to, There is always going to be someone offensive, harrassing, or a complete *******. I should know I am one of the biggest *******s on this shard. Sometimes it's a lot better to deal with the *******s you know than the ones you've yet to meet. At least you know this ******* will be sad to see you running off like this, I had hoped you both stronger. But do what you want, there is always a place for you here.

Know that none of this is in disrespect, I am just tired of seeing paranoia twist the genuine concerns of other players.
I don't even know who you are. And I've already stated, repeatedly, the issues of concern for me. Again I say... its not tied to this one event. *blue in the face*

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The RP and PvP communities are not all that different. One side is just better armed.
Really? So let's see you declare war against a full on PvP guild then... let's see you throw the ROE's out of the window! Let's see you clear your war declare lists and use the war declare system as it was intended. To wage war against another guild.

RPvP and PvP are very very different.

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Edit) someone just informed me Pandora said she was closing indefinitely, I really truly hope that isn't the case.
While she's not closing it, she's allowing anyone else that wants to use the building to use it, she is no longer going to be hosting it. Sorry H. I missed this one earlier. I have you on FB and we can keep in touch!

~ Sue.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? So let's see you declare war against a full on PvP guild then... let's see you throw the ROE's out of the window! Let's see you clear your war declare lists and use the war declare system as it was intended. To wage war against another guild.

RPvP and PvP are very very different.

~ Sue.
I have had war declarations with PvP guilds also members of the PvP community in my guild. I use my war declarations as I chose, and direct my highlights myself. I chose not to clear my highlight list because of my respect for the history of the shard. Much of my list is made up of great guilds long gone.

By the way please take note I said the communities were not that different, not the play style. But play style does not mean a player involved in one aspect cannot enjoy another.

Status
Not open for further replies.