• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Governors Opponents and Voters Mesanna Would Like a Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Mesanna has requested I organize a meeting to discuss an issue with the Governor Process.
I would like to know if you would like to attend this meeting and a date and time that is best for you.
Please reply to this post so we can make it as open as possible.

When is the best date and time for you?

Remember this is not my event this is at the request of Mesanna herself.

Date and time of day please.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After 730 pm mon-wednesday this week and after 330 pm Thursday and Friday.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Right... This is a better suggestion for the Governors thread. And by the way we've already asked for one long time ago. Wanted to have a meeting with Mesanna and ALL the Governors not just Cats ...... but all of them.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Right... This is a better suggestion for the Governors thread. And by the way we've already asked for one long time ago. Wanted to have a meeting with Mesanna and ALL the Governors not just Cats ...... but all of them.
I'm sorry I hadn't noticed I was accessed to the governors thread yet as the elections just ended. I wanted to get this up as soon as possible though so that we can get as many people who were there to participate. I am unaware of any issue, but apparently there was.

So I am getting weeknights after 6pm eastern as the best time?

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An issue with the governor process?

REALLY?

So what happened on Catskills was really THAT MUCH MORE important than what was happening on Great Lakes and shards previous?? Cause all that got was a "Sorry, you are SOL."

Sorry to butt into your Catskills thread, but this is just too hilarious after being privy to what has gone on, on both GL and ATL.

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I myself cannot understand why anything that is part of a game can cause so much consternation. The elections should be seen as another fun part of the game and not treated as a matter of life and death.
Agreed. I know the emotions involved are intense. However, when all is said and done I move on and play the game... But seriously, I have to LOL that an election being bought (which is technically good for UO subscription/money wise), requires a giant POW WOW... but outright harassment and targeting of a player gets only a "SOL" reply. Broadsword, SSDD.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With politics real and imaginary there will always be problems accusations and voter fraud, what us there to discuss? Is this pow wow only for current governors, or for those of us with experience that have left ax well?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. I know the emotions involved are intense. However, when all is said and done I move on and play the game... But seriously, I have to LOL that an election being bought (which is technically good for UO subscription/money wise), requires a giant POW WOW... but outright harassment and targeting of a player gets only a "SOL" reply. Broadsword, SSDD.
I know what you mean. while the end of the election got a little heated on cats, (which was sadly to be expected due to the situation and number of people involved) it was pretty clean for the most part. i know some were surprised by seeing "young" status characters vote. this even made myself suspicious. i thought who would possibly open a new account just for vote. then i realized a player can have an account years old and still have a "young" characters on it.

Lady Khaleesi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I know that many shards past and present have all shared experience in this as well.. I know many of us have written and expressed our views and frustration. I fear if its a pow wow in game, it will turn out the way most of EM events do with alot of trolls, greifers and what not. Will this forum be something that all shards will have a share of... ?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Lady Khaleesi I am so sorry that I do not have more information. Apparently something happened on Catskills that I am not privy to and Mesanna has asked me to find out when the best time for all involved can attend. As Community Manager, a member of the Catskills shard, Governor elect of Skara Brae, and backer of Governor Smoot, I think I was the best most logical person for her to ask organize.
There were complaints and accusations that I think need to be addressed. I have heard my name personally being shot back and forth repeatedly although I do not know what, if anything I did wrong. I did help my friend @Smoot get elected. I did call upon guildmates and friends to come vote. I did not make any new accounts (sadly I cannot afford them). I didn't even open an account I have that is closed at the moment because I can't afford it. I do know a friend tried to vote on a trial account but could not. It was more to test to see if it could be done (I had hoped not) because I had seen so many characters of the opposition with the same name roll by.
Someone has contacted Mesanna. I cannot point fingers and say who because I honestly don't know. @Mesanna has found the issues important enough to address.
What the issues are I do not know. I do know I've seen much worse pandering and "mud slinging" on other shards. I will give you that.
If anyone can shed some more light on what's going on I'd love to hear!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why thank you Flutter for organizing this meeting which Mesanna put you in charge of. She obviously considers you the best most logical person to organize such an event just like you said.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent discussions in general chat like the one's that happened today just before and after this thread was created, or perhaps it has something to do with multi-account voting and buying votes, or maybe it is about someone trying to spite or single out somebody else in the community by manipulating the "Governor Process." These are all just hypotheticals of course.

I don't know... I am not privy to any of what's been happening in the "Governor Process" either.

Whenever this meeting happens, I will certainly be there.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Why thank you Flutter for organizing this meeting which Mesanna put you in charge of. She obviously considers you the best most logical person to organize such an event just like you said.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent discussions in general chat like the one's that happened today just before and after this thread was created, or perhaps it has something to do with multi-account voting and buying votes, or maybe it is about someone trying to spite or single out somebody else in the community by manipulating the "Governor Process." These are all just hypotheticals of course.

I don't know... I am not privy to any of what's been happening in the "Governor Process" either.

Whenever this meeting happens, I will certainly be there.
I missed the general chat conversation, can you ICQ me and tell me what it was if it's not appropriate here? I heard someone named some pets after me. That sort of thing has long ago stopped bothering me, and Smoot chuckled so I don't think it much bothered him either.
I don't know what you mean by Multi-account voting. I know I have 6 accounts. One of which I used to vote for myself :). No one I know bought any votes on either side. What do you mean by "manipulating the Governor Process"?
Got to help me out here, I suppose it's no secret anymore that I am just out of major surgery (week three now) and am just starting to lose that "anesthesia" feeling. (If you have had major surgery you know what I mean). I don't know what's happening.

This is what I do know,
1. Someone saw "young" players trying to vote. I don't *think* this is possible. I know someone did try to vote on a trial account and was not able to. (or at least told me he was unable to)
2. I know people were angry my friends and I voted. I did ask people on my ICQ list to vote for Smoot. As far as I know this is an OK thing to do.
3. I know (some) people of the RP community were upset over what I think was some sort of misunderstanding regarding the Shadow Clan Orcs
4. I know someone dropped some books about Pandora being the least honorable of the two candidates. (legal or not I don't know, I consider it the same as the TV commercials we all see during election time) I was told who the person was but I cannot confirm or deny the accusation. It was NOT part of NME or Smoot's doing.
5. I know CoD posted both on Stratics and on Facebook offering over 43 votes on offshard for votes on Catskills.
6. I know most of the people I gated in voted for Smoot but not all of them. I friended everyone who wanted to vote to my packy as promised. Sometimes that ended up being the oppositions vote. SMoot agreed it was the right thing to do.
7. I never left the docks except to get more ingots. I spent the entire day there except for a short diversion around 8pm to Atlantic where I died multiple times trying to get a pair of gold scissors.
8. I do not know what the pets that were tamed and left around were named. I had to ask someone else. They told me but this is second hand information. Again It was Not part of NME or Smoot's doing.
9. I know that some characters were named what could be considered "dishonorable" names (I have heard they really are pretty tame compared to what I've seen in game before) one example being "Vampires smell"which I did find funny. It wasn't me nor was it Smoot. Since you cannot delete newly made characters for 7 days @Mesanna is free to check both of our account lists for these characters, I am sure she can find out who it was if this is really the issue (I doubt it, I don't think she'd take time for such silliness)
10. I don't think I know anything else.

If anyone can add to these points, correct any incorrect information, or dispute any of these points, please feel free to post.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
young players cant vote i just checked UO guide. if for some reason they could, i dont see why it should effect the results as someone can easily renounce the status but wouldnt think to if the character had no problems voting. Basically if for some reason "young" players could vote, those votes still would have been cast, the voter would have just renounced first. Which isnt the fault of the voter or the candidate. that would be on the devs end and something to go on the bug list.

Thats really the only possible issue i can see. The election was tense at times, but pretty normal. someone always has 50 accounts. I think CoDs side did this time around. tons of people on stratics (i cant fathom this i have 2 accounts) have accounts in the double digits. i know no one bought votes on my side. I wouldnt spend gold on an election anyway i rather buy a rare or armor. vote trading is fine. I traded my 2 atlantic votes and 2 yamoto votes for 4 catskills votes. the vast majority of my votes werent from trading at all. I wouldnt blame CoD for doing the same its commonplace.

Last edited:

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alot of RPers have several accounts to hold houses. I myself have 8 (Only ever have a few active at once). 1 on LA, the rest scattered throughout Catskills.

:) We do so love our houses.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Alot of RPers have several accounts to hold houses. I myself have 8 (Only ever have a few active at once). 1 on LA, the rest scattered throughout Catskills.

:) We do so love our houses.
Not just RPers.
That's why I have 6 accounts too!! LOL
I just gave up one of my Luna houses for a 18x18 on Atlantic.
Otherwise I've got two castles, two yew gate houses and a Luna house on Catskills all by myself!!
I also have another account that's closed right now, but is good for emergencies should another good spot come up!

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol I don't know why anyone would want more than one house (I understand needing storage) lol thinking about building my house just gets me thinking "nah man I got better things to do".

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well my family (me the wife and son) each have 1 account. I voted for myself, I think the wife voted for me and our son voted for Thom. Now I did make a joke in my speech on the RP channel telling supporters the checks would be in the mail this week. I hope that was not taken seriously.

I am frankly still a bit agog that this is something that has to be so filled with rancor. It would seem that we should see this as something to have fun with in the game. Naming pets is a bit silly, but in the many elections I have been a part of in my life, I have seen many a donkey or other such animal being led around with slogans on them or attacks on the opposition. Book droppings, so long as they are not a personal attack on a player should be seen as leaflet dropping done in any election.

Vampires smell, is not a personal attack, it is a silly campaign ad. Do they smell? well, I would think that being dead for many years they would not smell lovely. Perhaps they smell like a funereal. Like too many flowers if you catch my meaning. Perhaps though within the world of vampires there is some sort of industrial strength potpourri which serves to block the stench of decay.

Really though, this is a game, and a mock election within a game. Come on folks, do not take this too seriously. If I took every barb shot my way to heart I wold never have lasted for so many years in UO. (no age jokes please, and the first old goat I see named Aedon will be dealt with via kraken.)

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well my family (me the wife and son) each have 1 account. I voted for myself, I think the wife voted for me and our son voted for Thom. Now I did make a joke in my speech on the RP channel telling supporters the checks would be in the mail this week. I hope that was not taken seriously.

I am frankly still a bit agog that this is something that has to be so filled with rancor. It would seem that we should see this as something to have fun with in the game. Naming pets is a bit silly, but in the many elections I have been a part of in my life, I have seen many a donkey or other such animal being led around with slogans on them or attacks on the opposition. Book droppings, so long as they are not a personal attack on a player should be seen as leaflet dropping done in any election.

Vampires smell, is not a personal attack, it is a silly campaign ad. Do they smell? well, I would thin that being dead for many years they would not smell lovely. Perhaps they smell like a funereal. Like too many flowers if you catch my meaning. Perhaps though within the world of vampires there is some sort of industrial strength potpourri which serves to block the stench of decay.

Really though, this is a game, and a mock election within a game. Come on folks, do not take this too seriously. If I took every barb shot my way to heart I wold never have lasted for so many years in UO. (no age jokes please, and the first old goat I see named Aedon will be dealt with via kraken.)
I love you so much old man. :heart:

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm usually available anytime after 6 p.m. Eastern Time.

Hopefully this meeting will put an end to this little controversy. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is, I've seen worse elections in UO. Right now, only Mesanna knows why this particular election warrants a meeting, and likewise there was a reason she chose Flutter to organize it.

As for the some of the post-election accusations, it's getting a little ridiculous. People are entitled to spend their money on however many accounts they want and are equally free to use those accounts to vote how they want to. That includes having 50+ accounts or creating a new account just to vote (if that indeed happened). Both sides were recruiting votes wherever they could find them, including from other shards and anyone claiming otherwise is either lying or fooling themselves. Both sides were attacking the others' credibility, but that doesn't mean that Pandora/Bianca or Smoot and Flutter were personally responsible for every attack made against the opposing side -- this election attracted a lot of attention and also non-participants who wanted to grief or be funny or had their own problems with one of the candidates.

Both sides did whatever they could to win. One side won. The other lost. Hopefully once this meeting is over we can all move past it and onto better things. And if someone didn't like the outcome of this election, then run in the next one ... it's only three months away.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Mesanna has requested I organize a meeting to discuss an issue with the Governor Process.
I would like to know if you would like to attend this meeting and a date and time that is best for you.
Please reply to this post so we can make it as open as possible.

When is the best date and time for you?

Remember this is not my event this is at the request of Mesanna herself.

Date and time of day please.
So is this meeting about the Governor Process as a whole or just this particular Catskills election?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So is this meeting about the Governor Process as a whole or just this particular Catskills election?
She specifically mentioned Catskills, but I did send an email asking if

1. Wednesday 8pm was good for the team.

2. If this was an issue specific to Catskills or could other shards come and ask their questions.

I'll let you know if/when I get a reply, but check the town criers on Catskills, she did say she would be broadcasting the meeting there.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Got an E-Mail from Mesanna today.
This is a very specific Catskills issue and apparently she and the team will be showing up just to settle the water.
It seems to be an ongoing issue that needs to be taken care of specifically on the Catskills shard.
That being said...

See you all Wednesday at 8pm!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So is that 6pm est?
The time will (should) be confirmed by town cryer. Upon checking emails again, I asked for Wednesday at 8pm with no time zone specified.
So let's assume 8PM eastern and show up at 7PM central just to be on the safe side!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The time will (should) be confirmed by town cryer. Upon checking emails again, I asked for Wednesday at 8pm with no time zone specified.
So let's assume 8PM eastern and show up at 7PM central just to be on the safe side!
Sounds good.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Is this a governor meeting or shard meeting?
This is a meeting to discuss issues having to do with the election. If you are a community member of Catskills with a question or concern this is your chance to bring it forward to Mesanna and the team.
I suggest if you are a voting citizen you show up just for moral support (and out of curiosity).

Edit: If you show up it should quell any questions or concerns you may have at future elections.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This is a meeting to discuss issues having to do with the election. If you are a community member of Catskills with a question or concern this is your chance to bring it forward to Mesanna and the team.
I suggest if you are a voting citizen you show up just for moral support (and out of curiosity).

Edit: If you show up it should quell any questions or concerns you may have at future elections.
Where will the meeting be held?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great work all.

I like seeing community effort like this. Thank you Dev's and Messana for taking the time to square things away.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
FYI @MalagAste and @Lady Khaleesi and @Riyana et al. Please not Mesanna said let's go ahead and meet with everyone so please inform your masses. I shall be making a post shortly Regarding this information.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
FYI @MalagAste and @Lady Khaleesi and @Riyana et al. Please not Mesanna said let's go ahead and meet with everyone so please inform your masses. I shall be making a post shortly Regarding this information.
OK. Can you confirm time zone? This will make a difference in some people's ability to attend at all.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same few people involved on a drama filled shard and the devs have to get involved in order to quell the immaturity. What a joke. It's a game people, your not a real governor!

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same few people involved on a drama filled shard and the devs have to get involved in order to quell the immaturity. What a joke. It's a game people, your not a real governor!
For it being just a game, you sure do have a lot of negative opinions about various things within the game. Not to mention players. If it is just a game (like you say) why do you keep bringing your own opinions into things that clearly do not involve you?

Don't like it, don't bother with it. Simple as that. Isn't there a forum devoted entirely to rants and the like? Seems you would be better suited off there.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol thanks for proving my point. This entire post was started due to peoples rants in game over govn nonsense. I'm glad you think your opinion is better then others. Check other shards boards, I'm pretty sure this nonsense is strictly catskills.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've seen elections on Atlantic that were just as heated.
You are correct, other shards are much much worse. But "worse" implies it is "bad" and to be frank I think it is just part of the debate of politics. The pandering and mudslinging that goes on is tame on Catskills because we are so tightly knit and have fewer players than other shards so we are all "friends". It isn't "wrong" in my eyes though. It's all part of being a governor. Some play shady characters, some even play imposters! I think the keyword in all of this is "play". It's a game. People are playing.

I guess we will hear Mesanna's point of view on all of it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Actually Judas didn't say it was ''worse'' on Atl or any other shard, he said ''just as heated''. The difference being that Catskills was found to be so bad that a meeting has to take place. I'm semi interested in what is said in this meeting because I was 2 times on election night messaged for votes on Catskills and told about drama happening because of it. The worst thing I saw in Atlantic was insults, but it didn't require anything but a bit of irritation and letting it go because like it was said its not like its a real title anyway.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was on election night, received no requests for votes, and saw no drama. It seems to me that all the drama started when one character won and another lost an in game town election. I cannot understand how something that is part of a game can become so important as to require the Devs of a game to step into an RP situation.

I suppose tonight we may learn a bit more, and perhaps some will understand what this has all been about. But when the meeting is over, and the dust settles, this is still all abut a game and an election for a faux office within the game. There is no real power to be had, no true accolades due any winner. As with any election in a game or in real life things happen, mud is slung, and politics as usual marches on. And just as in life if one does not like the results of an election, then for cripes sake, run again.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is tonight folks at 8pm.
Meet in the throne room of castle Blackthorn

Status
Not open for further replies.