• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Governors Opponents and Voters Mesanna Would Like a Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So @Mesanna herself was upset at someone's character name (Mesanna's Husband if I remember) and asked them to change it. It wasn't offensive, just disruptive and taunting. So that's exactly part of our own point. Characters named "R U Mad" or "How About Now" or "Ooo Shes Mad" or "Vampires Smell". Not utilizing offensive language but none the less disruptive and taunting. So Mesanna proved my point right there!

Thank you Flair for posting this!

~ Sue.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really? So let's see you declare war against a full on PvP guild then... let's see you throw the ROE's out of the window! Let's see you clear your war declare lists and use the war declare system as it was intended. To wage war against another guild.
During the notoriety system and before guild wars, this was more or less what happened. It's not like the ROE happened overnight -- my memory is that it was initially put into place to protect the costumes of some of the earlier role-playing groups, like the Shadow Clan, the Picts, Undead, etc. Then when notoriety went away and later guild wars came in, Rules of Engagement became more expansive. I remember T'berog of the Shadow Clan putting in a lot of hard work to help develop that. Anyway, I don't ever recall those RP groups ever having a problem waging full on, restriction-less warfare post-notoriety either. These days, it's different because we have Trammel and item insurance and too much gold. But I don't think it's fair to say that the guild war system was intended for one purpose over another either.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not referencing the people.... I am referencing the player styles. It is the player styles we encounter.

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I don't think it's fair to say that the guild war system was intended for one purpose over another either.
The developers absolutely intended the guild war system to be used to declare war (or forge alliances) and encourage guild vs. guild PvP. 100% sure of that. How we use it today, sure... its whatever you want it to be. But originally GvG was no doubt the intent! War declares do not hold our shard's history.... we do, the people of the shard. Because you're holding on to false sense of historical security in a war declare list, folks are unable to ally or war as the system was intended to. It absolutely sucks to hit my "ally" with my aoe spells because they are orange to me when they should be green.

~ Sue.

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being from another shard coming to watch, to be honest, that meeting should have never happened. I kind of wondered what the point was when Messana said at the end she knew almost everything in regards to the election issues as she had brought her own notes. If it was to deal what seemed to be the reason for everyone being there, election grief, it didn't quite succeed. However, if it was for gathering new ideas, it certainly succeeded.

It probably should not have been announced like it was and Messana made a small mistake by asking all shards to come voice their election issues. When she nixed that idea and said it would be only Catskills, you could see the preposterously long line cut in half to just being an incredibly long line as people stepped out of it.

Now that she is going to do these on several other shards, I think we should all pitch in to send her a crate of aspirin.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being from another shard coming to watch, to be honest, that meeting should have never happened. I kind of wondered what the point was when Messana said at the end she knew almost everything in regards to the election issues as she had brought her own notes. If it was to deal what seemed to be the reason for everyone being there, election grief, it didn't quite succeed. However, if it was for gathering new ideas, it certainly succeeded.

It probably should not have been announced like it was and Messana made a small mistake by asking all shards to come voice their election issues. When she nixed that idea and said it would be only Catskills, you could see the preposterously long line cut in half to just being an incredibly long line as people stepped out of it.

Now that she is going to do these on several other shards, I think we should all pitch in to send her a crate of aspirin.
I'm not sure what the point was either, but at least she did get a good many suggestions on how to improve the system. I do however think that since she is doing these meetings on other shards that she may need something a bit stronger then aspirin.

Belgarion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
^ This. Really? That's what I mean by disrespect. So rude! And in public. Is that necessary? Surely you could have stopped after "too divisive for me". No?

That treatment of each other is really uncalled for and is the reason I have decided to be off. I am sure Pandy will probably be back, but I for one will not be. Might take another 6+ years for me to ever consider coming back.

~ Sue.

I'll be the one to say it... BYE!
I don't know about anyone else but i was embarrassed having Mesanna come to Cats and listen to all that drivel.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Wow ok.
Just read all of this.
First of all, over react much?
Yes *gasp* if you are quitting over something so silly then you are over-reacting.
If you are really quitting why the half dozen posts today? No one wants you to quit. You got your obligatory "we hope you don't quit" messages.
Ranting and raving because you didn't like how things went down isn't going to change anything.
Good Lord in heaven it's a game. People from all walks of life play it. Sometimes someone is going to be mean to you and get a laugh out of it.
How you react to that shows what your true character is.
Build a bridge, thicken up your skin, and get over it. Move on.
If you love the game like you say you do, some petty name calling wont stop you from enjoying it.
Trust me, as someone who's been through it all and held my ground, it's better to overcome than to run.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
PS:
Smoot is the single most nicest person I have ever met in an online game. He was in no way "chest thumping" in his post and was sincerely offering a hand to the CoD guild.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Smoot, which got pointed out last night, was being an adult. He was doing what was right and trying to move on. This what the rest of us would love to do. *At least my understanding of what the rest of us would love to do*

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what the point was either, but at least she did get a good many suggestions on how to improve the system. I do however think that since she is doing these meetings on other shards that she may need something a bit stronger then aspirin.
Fae tea?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
History is kept and maintained by folks in different ways and on different levels. My electing to maintain my highlight list out of respect and remembrance is my own concern. Just because I decided not to join an alliance that does not mean I am not using the system as it was intended. If that were true, solo highlights or declarations of war would not be possible.

Now, can we all move on to something more constructive like oh say, killing Xanthus?

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, on Atlantic when Captain Norrington went up against Sunwof in yew, we had just about the same issue. Lots of crap talking, the normal griefing, and lots of off shard voters. Norrington beat Sunwolf, and there was a lot of back and forth along these same lines. Sunwolf to his credit did not take the insults personally, and at the end took the high road and extended his hand in peace. I'm certain it was not an easy thing to do, but it was the right thing to do. He has been a part of Yew Atlantic since it's birth and did not let a little thing like a Governors election ruin his love of Yew and UO.

I'm just a little confused Bianca at what you were attempting to gain. It appears that you wrote an emai to Mesanna about your distaste for what happened, and I'm assuming threatened to cancel your accounts. Which given the cities you're involved in, must be a large number and caused Mesanna to go out of her way for that meeting. The end result from your postings here, you canceled your accounts anyway.

Did you think she was going to come in and remove Smoot from the stone! What were you looking for?

It's apparent you have friends that don't want to see you go. Mesanna herself does not want to see it, ergo her appearance in person on Catskills. And the Catskills shard will lose a huge amount of history if you truly do cancel those accounts. Please take a long week or month to let this pass. We all get angry at UO, the best thing to do is simply take a break from it, not quit something you have loved fir many years.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm just a little confused Bianca at what you were attempting to gain. It appears that you wrote an emai to Mesanna about your distaste for what happened, and I'm assuming threatened to cancel your accounts. Which given the cities you're involved in, must be a large number and caused Mesanna to go out of her way for that meeting. The end result from your postings here, you canceled your accounts anyway.

Did you think she was going to come in and remove Smoot from the stone! What were you looking for?
That is the million dollar question now isn't it?
Just like why all the ranting posts in the thread here? What does it accomplish?

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wondering...Can we get this thread locked before it gets even more out of hand?

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm throwing my hat in with everyone else that says "Don't go"..
This town governor thing has thrown a dark aspect upon our game.. politics can be so dirty ya know?

But that's just one part of Ultima these days.. forget the politics lets go kill stuff..

I for one would miss CoD and the bar nights and all the great RP that group added to our game.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering...Can we get this thread locked before it gets even more out of hand?
I really do not think this post has gotten out of hand, but locking it might still be a wise move seeing that all that can be said has been said.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love how innocent everyone thinks they are after what you guys did to win a stupid election. Personally I think Smoot and anyone who voted for him should never be allowed to run or vote in elections again. The people who did show up (probably from another shard) to come vote were probably the ones that did the slandering. So either directly or indirectly as a result of that its on Smoot and his friends what happened. There was no need for anything like that but the people invovled on catskills ( you know who you are) are responsible for it. Just go back and read all the ignorant posts on Pandy's reelection. You guys tell people to let it go and if this happened to you you would react the same. Anyone involved on Smoot's side should be ashamed of themselves. All you did was ruin the shard some more and now even less people are playing. Congrats on making the shard more dead. I am seeing this objectivly to since I am not friends with any CoD member. And Aedon you are a real piece of work buddy. You should be banned from all forums and UO. And to think all this started over a dumb argument about town buffs, how ridiculous!!

Status
Not open for further replies.