• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Festival Was Total Crap *bit of a rant*

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I totally agree, it was a good idea but badly done. Instead of a fun community event to bring people together it was just an exercise in frustration. When will the devs realise that not everybody has thousands of BODs, some of us only started collecting them for the event when the new BOD system was launched. Not everyone has huge piles of resources. I can imagine that most of the relatively new players felt pretty helpless, they couldn't join in much even if they really wanted to. If it wasn't for the huge effort made by Europa at the end (and by Europa I mean a small group of dedicated crafters!) we would have failed again. Well done everybody! :thumbsup:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe changes it to (no prove it is working this way, only a guess):

Charlie Brown: 500 banking points vs 1k
Small green: 1k banking points vs 2k
Large Green: 2k banking points vs 4k
Large with deco: 4k banking points vs 8k
Large with star: 8k banking points vs 16k

That's 16.5k total vs the 31k total it seem to be now.

I do agree, our crafters do have a lot RL crafting to do too before Christmas so it is very hard to find all this hours needed to help the towns get their tree

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a bit burned out from doing bods, going to take a break for awhile. But it would be nice to have every one on Europa to start stock pilling filled bods to turn in so that we have another completed tree for display on Christmas day.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I totally agree, it was a good idea but badly done. Instead of a fun community event to bring people together it was just an exercise in frustration
I believe it is great, it get the Communities together on their shard and all have to work for their own shard to get their gifts, they can't just get rewards on all shard.

On Siege we failed badly with first tree, second one was hard work but a great success. We are going to focus on getting one more tree up around Christmas, we do not have time and resources to raise it in all towns.

I do also believe it is a good thing to get cleaned out a lot of BoDs and resources, that will even the game between the old "fat" players and the young ones. There will again become demand for a lot of resources.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The red crescent moon lantern STILL isn't dropping so everyone can forget about completing a set at this point.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I guess that, thankfully, a easy button wasn't used here.
Sometimes wouldn't it be nice to do something easy and get a nice little reward outta it? Especially during the holidays when hopefully we would spend time with family over chasing a crescent moon lantern? Something that could be done by someone that doesn't live 24/7 in UO? Just saying.... everyone is probably about burnt out of resources and BODs by now so this is already going to be winding down on the majority of shards. They set the bar pretty high for this time of year and for deco items that don't change the game play one iota. Yeah yeah I'm disgruntled ;)

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well.....Origin's Big Red Bag didn't spawn.....so I have to wait until after work to see if I was lucky enough to win the raffle....

:(

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well.....Origin's Big Red Bag didn't spawn.....so I have to wait until after work to see if I was lucky enough to win the raffle....

:(
I dumped some on your elf last night. If I happen to get something from the lotto you are welcomed to it.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ty so much for the neat new stuff. All done now with over 1k of high bods, 3 shards got them. Next time please do not ask for so many bods.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly being a mage I'm not really the Artisan type unless you consider burning and explosions as art!? So I simply try to find the artisan festival site. Along the way I spend 2 gold pieces to train the most basic knowledge in tailoring and blacksmith. How not to prick my finger with a sewing needle and how not to hit my thumb with a smithing hammer! Check! Then I get a basic small bod from the blacksmith. *reads bulk order deed* 10 Bronze Shields! Yeah not going to smash my thumb! I'll just buy those. *fills BOD* *walks over to tailor* *gets basic tailoring bod* hmmm..make 10 wizard hats! Yeah that seems hard and bloody! *buys 10 wizard hats from tailor* *fills bods* *walks over to elf and looks at small Christmas tree* I comment that the small tree looks pathetic and needs water, while resisting the urge to set the thing a blaze! *hands elf my bods* He thanks me and I continue on my way! Three days later when I walk bye again, the elf has a big bag and hands me a gift! I walk away and think Wow! now that big tree would make a great fire!!

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Atlantic's tree was done almost a day early. Less whining more BODs. Teamwork isn't the three dudes from your guild helping out. It needs to be shard wide.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Larisa, I have a newbie char on Origin I trained a little tailoring and such on to grab bods for you. Where can I drop them? where's your mailbox?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa, I have a newbie char on Origin I trained a little tailoring and such on to grab bods for you. Where can I drop them? where's your mailbox?
Aw thanks hun! I'm runnin BOD's right now lol..my house is just outside the West gate of Luna

OutWestGate.jpg

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I don't know if anyone did the math but it doesn't seem like there is enough time in December to do all the towns? Looks like my town of Yew isn't going to get a tree at all! *frowns*

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I don't know if anyone did the math but it doesn't seem like there is enough time in December to do all the towns? Looks like my town of Yew isn't going to get a tree at all! *frowns*
For some reason i thought the elf would only appear in the virtue towns in which case the festival would end on 12/31. And include Yew :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Add I said a few days ago, there is time for 7.75 trees during December. It will suck for the last .75 town (likely Vesper on most shards).

Had the bag's appearance overlapped with the start of the next town, there could be 10.33 trees - or a hard cap of 9 so all the Crown cities had the opportunity once (assuming they had the funds).

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some reason i thought the elf would only appear in the virtue towns in which case the festival would end on 12/31. And include Yew :)
This is the list of towns from the publish notes. There are 9 towns listed (but only 8 Virtues, so I don't know if that was the basis of their selected towns. Each gets 4 days for the festival. So far Sonoma has followed this order, so Yew is out of luck and Vesper 's 4th day would be Jan 1.

• Britain – East Britain Park
  • Jhelom – East of The Pearl of Jhelom
  • Minoc – West of The Matewan
  • Moonglow – East of the Scholar’s Goods
  • New Magincia – The Gazebo
  • Skara Brae – South of the Healer of Skara Brae
  • Trinsic – The Park
  • Vesper – East of the Fisherman’s Guild
  • Yew – East of the Yew Healer

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is the list of towns from the publish notes. There are 9 towns listed (but only 8 Virtues, so I don't know if that was the basis of their selected towns. Each gets 4 days for the festival. So far Sonoma has followed this order, so Yew is out of luck and Vesper 's 4th day would be Jan 1.

• Trinsic – The Park
:/

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Atlantic's tree was done almost a day early. Less whining more BODs. Teamwork isn't the three dudes from your guild helping out. It needs to be shard wide.
Cause something works on Atlantic has nothing to do with any other shard. Hell, the other shards are going there turning in BODs to be guaranteed a gift lol

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

• Trinsic – The Park
These are the governor (aka Crown) cities.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Doesn't it depend on availability of funds as well? I didn't have enough gold the Jhelom's Treasury so it skipped Jhelom. They might have put an extra city in there for that reason? It does say it won't be in the same city twice. On all the other shards (As far as I know) it's going on in Minoc right now? We already had ours in Minoc so it's in Moonglow on Origin.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doesn't it depend on availability of funds as well? I didn't have enough gold the Jhelom's Treasury so it skipped Jhelom. They might have put an extra city in there for that reason? It does say it won't be in the same city twice. On all the other shards (As far as I know) it's going on in Minoc right now? We already had ours in Minoc so it's in Moonglow on Origin.
From the Pub 95 notes:
The Artisan Festival will cycle, and continue to cycle, through all cities with the ability to pay for the Festival for the duration of the event. Cities may host the Festival multiple times during the event.