• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Festival Was Total Crap *bit of a rant*

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well first of all I really do like Kyronix as a person. I bet he would be like the cool neighbor. I happened to catch him checking the Legends tree (should say the Legends stick) the morning the presents were suppose to drop to see if it was working right and that was on a Sunday. So that really is pretty cool to be doing on a Sunday. While I was there he even checked my guy against what the tree said. Didn't tell me anything about it lol, but he looked. But he really doesn't seem to get it. But his advice to me then and what I've seen on the boards is a little bit out there in general. Like I said to him I never really got into bods before this last publish. All I ever wanted was POF or a bless deed if the price was right. So I'd just buy that stuff. He keeps pimping the LBODs like everyone was sitting on 50 of them and didn't want to give them up. Just starting BODs the chances of me getting any amount of LBODs in the next 2 or 3 week is pretty damn slim. If someone was already into BODs and had a good supply then maybe this would work better for you, but for me it's pretty much hopeless. It's been 24hrs on Legends and I just went by Jhelom and it's just some weeds growing there.... so. I know they're all ready for their 2 or 3 week Christmas break they do but I was really hoping they would scale this event for the less populated shards. It seems like BS is trying to tell us how it was designed and how to work it putting the failure on us for it not working while being completely blind that it was designed in a way that it only had a chance of working on a large shard. So instead of making it too easy for Atlantic and Great Lakes (who have the population to do it anyway) they just decided to hose everyone else. Is it the end of the world to hand out some Christmas pixels to everyone who made a real effort? Is it right people on Atlantic can all turn in one BOD with all of their 36 characters and each get a gift? Is that the "better system"? The problem isn't what we are doing, the problem was the way it was designed. There is no Santa.... I really got to let this go ;) My new Roku is coming today and I need to take a cat to the vet so maybe that will take mind mind off this fiasco lol (But I doubt it)

Last edited:

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree with Capt Lucky. Kyronix is great and work very hard .That just adds to my frustration that I have to tell I cant like the way this works. Our tree is big now but bare. Even if we should manage this time ..doubt it will.. I still feel this is made to upset the crafting people on most shards. Not to add to the Christmas feel.

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Haha. They spend time to re do BODs and while not perfect it's very workable. Once u figure it out a bit the new system is just expanded not really changed a ton. But the part that's funny , as always , is the part with the shiny reward. It's not fair!! you say. The shards aren't even you say. But all those years on that quiet shard bribing up with no competition was fair. Amazing!!

Nothing's perfect or fair folks. And I love love love trammy drama!!!

Carry on UO!! Here's to 20 more years of every one hating everything but still paying every month!!!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Agree with Capt Lucky. Kyronix is great and work very hard .That just adds to my frustration that I have to tell I cant like the way this works. Our tree is big now but bare. Even if we should manage this time ..doubt it will.. I still feel this is made to upset the crafting people on most shards. Not to add to the Christmas feel.
I guess the frustrating thing is it really was a good idea basically. Building the tree and all was creative. Many of the towns got some cute deco. The gifts were really rather nice if you like deco. I get it if you don't, but I really like deco and you know that going in. The paintings were nice, the lanterns were ok, the pillows are cute, the sculptures were a new idea and they don't look bad and all that. I'm usually highly critical of the art but I really liked these, especially as a Christmas thing. They were really firing on all cylinders. Too bad is doesn't realistically work for most people no matter how much effort they put into it. I know a couple posters here live in rainbow land lol, but this was a dropped ball for the huge majority of UO. They got sooooo close to greatness and fumbled on the last hail Mary pass with seconds to go in the game. They did so many things right here and still managed to hose it up. *sigh* They we're sooo close lol

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Haha. They spend time to re do BODs and while not perfect it's very workable. Once u figure it out a bit the new system is just expanded not really changed a ton. But the part that's funny , as always , is the part with the shiny reward. It's not fair!! you say. The shards aren't even you say. But all those years on that quiet shard bribing up with no competition was fair. Amazing!!

Nothing's perfect or fair folks. And I love love love trammy drama!!!

Carry on UO!! Here's to 20 more years of every one hating everything but still paying every month!!!
It's not the bod system at all. It's the "tree system" where it all fell apart. Although that whole get .2 points bank system is pretty messed up. Some of it isn't working right and all and hopefully they address those bugs soon. Is there some bribing conspiracy I'm not aware of? lol Anyway the bod system and the holiday event really have nothing in common. They're completely separate animals. The point is if your going to do a holiday event it needs to be doable regardless of what system you work into that to make it run.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still feel this is made to upset the crafting people on most shards. Not to add to the Christmas feel.
I personally think they really need to adhere to the KISS motto. This is another example of an potentially cool idea that got over thought into hard feelings.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually seems like a pretty simple system! Drop BODs on the Christmas Elf until the Christmas tree lights up. :)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There is a little catch..in order for EVERYONE to get a gift..the tree HAS to be at stage 5..in order to get the tree to stage 5, you have to turn in 25614586158616 BODS first.....

So that's your incentive
Many hands make light work.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Many hands make light work.
Funny thing is..I had a few very VERY generous people TRANSFER to Origin to bring me BODs...FILLED BOD's...high-end filled BOD's....and I had 50-60 of my own....almost 200 in total I've turned in...

yepthereitisnt.jpg

We don't even have WEEDS! :(

Day 2..no tree....I am only going to finish this last few days with what little time I have left to spare because of the people that took their time and resources to help me, I will not waste that....but when this city is done, so am I. Maybe if they do this next year, they will scale the points for lower-population shards :)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Funny thing is..I had a few very VERY generous people TRANSFER to Origin to bring me BODs...FILLED BOD's...high-end filled BOD's....and I had 50-60 of my own....almost 200 in total I've turned in...

View attachment 58152

Day 2..no tree....I am only going to finish this last few days with what little time I have left to spare because of the people that took their time and resources to help me, I will not waste that....but when this city is done, so am I. Maybe if they do this next year, they will scale the points for lower-population shards :)
Given the size of origin it wouldn't be the shard I'd choose to dump a lot of bods into unless you plan to fill the tree yourself.

You're better off handing in a few Bods for the raffle.

Low risk, high reward.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Given the size of origin it wouldn't be the shard I'd choose to dump a lot of bods into unless you plan to fill the tree yourself.

You're better off handing in a few Bods for the raffle.

Low risk, high reward.
Yeah well...I handed in about 50 high-end BOD's last time, even managed to advance the tree myself to lvl 2 and got NOTHING as a reward....the raffle can go celebrate Christmas somewhere else :/ lol

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

View attachment 58152

I just dropped a couple of exceptional smithing small BODs on Zann on Origin, Larisa (hope that's the way you do it!). Don't really have time to play UO at all at this point and have almost no resources collected, so I don't know if I'll be able to help much more than that. First BODs/crafting I've done in probably a year. If I get more time the next couple of days I'll try to do a few more.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah well...I handed in about 50 high-end BOD's last time, even managed to advance the tree myself to lvl 2 and got NOTHING as a reward....the raffle can go celebrate Christmas somewhere else :/ lol
This supports what I said before.

Hand in a couple bods. If you don't get anything, you're not out much.

If you do, win/win.

Do this on multiple chars.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I just dropped a couple of exceptional smithing small BODs on Zann on Origin, Larisa (hope that's the way you do it!). Don't really have time to play UO at all at this point and have almost no resources collected, so I don't know if I'll be able to help much more than that. First BODs/crafting I've done in probably a year. If I get more time the next couple of days I'll try to do a few more.
Well you only have today and tomorrow then the circus moves to another town and starts over again from scratch! Really! Can't make this stuff up.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
This supports what I said before.

Hand in a couple bods. If you don't get anything, you're not out much.

If you do, win/win.

Do this on multiple chars.
Well I had 7 guys on one account that all handed in at least 2 going the way you were thinking. None got anything.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The proper course of action would be the devs putting a emergency patch reducing the requirements to max the tree. Atlantic will max it anyway.
Let us small shards have a chance to max ours.
I am yet to drop a single bod at those bloody, frilly elves because I knew this would be the result so far.
But there is still time to fix this mess and make your player base happy, devs.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it already last day tomorrow? I was scouting a bunch of shards and saw from nothing to a big bare tree. Exept for GL that had ornaments. Not even Atl had that! We work like crazy on Europa and the tree was big bare already this morning and still no ornaments . I turned in 88250 points myself so far. People are getting out of bods. I donated hundreds to others at the tree. 10 of my bods were larges, half exeptional barbed. Still nothing happens. Didnt know until tonight that larges was valued differently. People start to look tired and pessimistic. . Does anyone have any good reports? I met very nice people around the shards , i really hope some makes it.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you only have today and tomorrow then the circus moves to another town and starts over again from scratch! Really! Can't make this stuff up.
If I can't log in again until Thursday or Friday, does that mean I've also missed my chance to check to see if my character got anything from dropping BODs in Minoc today?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
If I can't log in again until Thursday or Friday, does that mean I've also missed my chance to check to see if my character got anything from dropping BODs in Minoc today?
I would say to be safe you'd want to check Thursday. It should be Jhelom unless your shard took a different path.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Aw thanks Tina! I have been turning in mostly small ex DC and higher smith BODs...even though cloth and leather is MUCH easier to get in mass quantities :/ I did manage to fill and turn in 4 large weapons BODs...and that's the thing, if Kyronix says the larges are better fine, BUT getting the smalls to fill them is the problem! I have the floor of my castle littered with large bods and a few smalls that go in each but never all of them...and tailor bods? forget it...all my larges are full except for the footwear smalls I need.....I think I have .000001% chance to get a small footwear bod it's ridiculous!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Aw thanks Tina! I have been turning in mostly small ex DC and higher smith BODs...even though cloth and leather is MUCH easier to get in mass quantities :/ I did manage to fill and turn in 4 large weapons BODs...and that's the thing, if Kyronix says the larges are better fine, BUT getting the smalls to fill them is the problem! I have the floor of my castle littered with large bods and a few smalls that go in each but never all of them...and tailor bods? forget it...all my larges are full except for the footwear smalls I need.....I think I have .000001% chance to get a small footwear bod it's ridiculous!
I could have been the one saying this lol. I know someone here gets it, no doubt :)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well I had 7 guys on one account that all handed in at least 2 going the way you were thinking. None got anything.
Well it is a raffle man.

But think if you would have handed in 100 on one guy and still got nothing, arent you in the same boat?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
On Origin, it looks like the artisan festival activities are currently happening in Minoc. No idea why.
Maybe because Jhelom doesn't have the funds to hold the festival..I'm gonna have to get on that Governor!

(yeah..that would be me...totally forgot to check the city treasury....oops!)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think I will have to invest some of the Legends Minoc's city treasure (which came out from my pocket anyway) on some good weed killer. Looks like the city will need it in the next few days.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'll be honest - I forgot about this and was planning to do it. Had too many other things going on. Is there a schedule somewhere for the three day periods per city?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'll be honest - I forgot about this and was planning to do it. Had too many other things going on. Is there a schedule somewhere for the three day periods per city?
It started the 1st so the cycle is 3 days on, 1 day off.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I'm guessing it takes a lot of points to advance the tree per tier. Just dropped 2400+ points worth of lbods plus 3 20x Val platemail and and only advanced it to a small tree from a Charlie Brown.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My guess is for the 5 stages,1k, 2k, 4k, 8k and 16k Banking points, so large stage is very hard.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We made it on Europa! Around 7 pm last evening. We were no big crowd but many joined last day when they saw we had a chance. Thanks to everyone!. It was now or never and one thing is sure, I will NEVER do it again!!! I have my pretty boxes with my chars names and a good feeling we actually did it. Next step will be mining and doing BODs the normal way , I used most of what was supposed to be sold on my vendors to gain time:eek: