• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Festival Was Total Crap *bit of a rant*

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
So I really just started doing bods with this publish. So I turned in a ton of small bods. I had no idea how it worked so with 3 guys I turned in like 2 bods each on the tree. Then with 2 more guys I turned in like 30 each then with my main guy I turned in 100/200 (?) or more? Not sure really but I was turning in a lot of bods everyday. On Legends the tree only got to the little stick tree stage so I'm sure I was a decent part of that happening. None of my guys got anything. So as far as I'm concerned this was just a total rip off and completely unsatisfying. I could have gotten a lot of decent rewards from turning them in normally. Broadsword has completely let me down again. They finally get an amazing idea and completely mishandle it. Done with this nonsense for sure.... I'm sure people have lots of advice, and knowing what I know now I could have played it better. But they're not playing me for a sucker again. They got me once, that's it. I'm really getting to the point I can't stand Broadsword anymore.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome to the darkside bro.
Pack up all your bods and move them to atlantic, which is probably one of the very few shards who will make the tree again consistently. We can't' do anything about the small shards we live on, but we can participate and get something out of the event this way. And I know your feeling, I donated some bods I coulda gotten useful rewards for.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I really wish they'd stop scaling everything to Atlantic. There's only one Atlantic, and there are plenty of us who don't much want to go there. People shouldn't have to buy transfer tokens just to participate in seasonal content.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LIKE x1000000 times.
Hmm, you just scaled your response to Atlantic. J/K
I too did 60-80 bods on Legends and got nothing. I did 2 or 3 on a few characters on Atlantic and got a reward on each of them. Love the boxes and the rewards but not happy about the results on Legends.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what exactly happened on the charlie brown trees or those that did not star? Locals turned in bods but others showed up and turned in a few higher ones? So many locals got nothing?

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So what exactly happened on the charlie brown trees or those that did not star? Locals turned in bods but others showed up and turned in a few higher ones? So many locals got nothing?
Publish 95 – Ultima Online
  • As players turn in Bulk Order Deeds to the Elf, the holiday tree will begin to grow and players are entered into the gift raffle held at the conclusion of the 3 day period. Players receive a number of entries based on the worth of the Bulk Order Deed they turn in.
  • The greater the value of Bulk Order Deeds that are turned in, the bigger and better the Holiday Tree will grow until it reaches its maximum size at which time all raffle entrants will receive a reward when the festival concludes in each city. Rewards are scaled to a percentage of total participants for each tree size below the maximum tree size.
  • Players may claim their rewards by double clicking on the large gift bag near the elf.
  • Players receive a gift box that can be used to unwrap a random reward inside.
  • Rewards are vice and virtue themed holiday item

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I turned in a lot of bods on Legends. Being new to bods I didn't have any larges. I got zip nada zilch I'm sure I must have turned in a few hundred all together and didn't even score a lantern lol

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Publish 95 – Ultima Online
  • As players turn in Bulk Order Deeds to the Elf, the holiday tree will begin to grow and players are entered into the gift raffle held at the conclusion of the 3 day period. Players receive a number of entries based on the worth of the Bulk Order Deed they turn in.
  • The greater the value of Bulk Order Deeds that are turned in, the bigger and better the Holiday Tree will grow until it reaches its maximum size at which time all raffle entrants will receive a reward when the festival concludes in each city. Rewards are scaled to a percentage of total participants for each tree size below the maximum tree size.
  • Players may claim their rewards by double clicking on the large gift bag near the elf.
  • Players receive a gift box that can be used to unwrap a random reward inside.
  • Rewards are vice and virtue themed holiday item
Or... If your on Atlantic or Great lakes everyone gets a trophy, but if your on another shard good luck!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did anyone on Legends get a gift? Has anyone said? I ahvent heard anyone say there was a gift

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Napa is a small Shard and I am so very proud of everyone, we got our tree to the max!
The amount of bods to achieve this, from my perspective was ridiculous and I doubt we will continually get our tree to the max again. (but who knows!)

I took a few pics, guess which one is Napa and which is Atlantic. ..Merry Christmas:juggle:

Trees.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should have let the tree grow until finished and then start in a new town.
I went to Atlantic and made Bods with a new tailor. I was down to 356 gold. Someone saw me type balance and handed me 100,000. Horses for everyone!!
Thanks, whoever that was!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I made a new tailor on ATL (Hate doing this but it is my chance to have a few cool named boxes ;) ) spent 30g on sewing and tinkering kits....picked cotton to make thread to make cloth and mined ingots to tinker my own sewing kits....I don't need no money from no one! ;) Self-sufficient ftw!

Nice to see some giving in this game, especially now..Merry Holiday!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am really hoping that they dont change a thing, at least not this year...now that we all know how to get this years present we can all reap a reward

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am really hoping that they dont change a thing, at least not this year...now that we all know how to get this years present we can all reap a reward
Yeah we can all get gifts on ATL..NOT how it's supposed to work..I want a gift on MY OWN SHARD thank you very much...

(Rant isn't aimed at you Uriah, just the system in general....I'm going to try one more time on Origin...for those who are coming from other shards? STOP IT! lol ;)

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Two questions: (I play Atlantic.) What will happen to all the wrapped boxes that didn't fit in the Jolly (heh) Elf's pack. And which town is next. I think this particular Christmas is the worse ever in UO. Really boring and one little gift for all those bods I did. When my four accounts run out in January I may quit UO after 19+ years. And I won't let the door hit me on the way out. And nobody can have my stuff. You might say I am in a bad mood at this time. Boredom and Frustration, thy name is Ultima Online.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the devs need get a grasp of shard levels

if the tree makes the star stage = everyone gets a gift regardless....

if the tree dont make the final star stage it random...like europa ther like a 2 dozen boxes on the floor around the tree...go see atl its like 200 boxes around the tree...

the devs need to make the lesser shards easier... it cant be hard to do

READ THIS SPOLIER....

quite smply anyine on a fuller shard that filled any sort of bod in.... were the tree will make the final star stage .....YES even aONE crappy 10 point bod will get u a giftbox
peeps on quite shards ...handing in 50 or 100 bods .. maybe like 5000....10.000 even 25,000 points plus got zilch......Because of the random like the EM events.. its sucks

this DEVS u need to sort....

i myself if i were a dev i would have made it anyone handing a bod in... regardless of the tree size gets a gift./prize.... but i would have made lv1- lv4 gifts...- depending on tree size.... soooooo smaller shards may get the lower levels.lv1-lv2 prize. were big ass shards like atl would only get lv4 gifts.... hence they would want the small shard gifts too...so maybe the small sharders would be better off

Last edited:

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What should have happened was the festival should have been active in the same city across all shards and all contributions regardless of which shard they occurred on should have resulted in trees growing equivalently on all shards. The rewards should have been given out based on a shard by shard basis and the contributions there...and probably shard bound.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah we can all get gifts on ATL..NOT how it's supposed to work..I want a gift on MY OWN SHARD thank you very much...

(Rant isn't aimed at you Uriah, just the system in general....I'm going to try one more time on Origin...for those who are coming from other shards? STOP IT! lol ;)
Larisa, from what you've posted I feel terrible that it happened you didn't get a gift knowing the work you put in on your home shard. It's not much but I'm willing to take my chars there (30 of them) and get at .1 tailoring and give you the 3 bods from each char (that's 90 total). Or any other bod skill that you would like. Just pm me and let me know.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree its a bit frustrating as a player if you spent a lot of time and resources to fill the bods and get nothing. I also agree that the players who play on a smaller shard seem have to work much harder then a larger shards like Atlantic. But here's a few things that came to mind.

First we need to understand the mechanics of this system on how the gifts are figured out. Random generator at time really sucks. But the event just started and will be going to numerous more towns for more chances at the gifts if you so desire.
Being that the system is geared to rewarding players who play on the more populated shards and receive rewards with very little time and resources used.
I suggest this:
Create some characters on Atlantic, GL etc and have the player names that you would like associated with the boxes that you are collecting.
With a new character you start off with 1,000 gold and you can pick what ever skills you want but leave alchemy at like 2 or 3 points.
Then go to the alchemist and get three bods, due to your skill level you will more then likely get some lesser potions needed bod to fill. Buy the lessor potions off
that same alchemist and fill up the bod and hand it in. Then wait to collect your reward when the bag appears. Have a player on your shard collect all the rewards using a shard shield token and bring them back to your home shard.
You can do this with as many characters that you can create on that shard.
Personally I was trying to get our tree on Europa to full maturity in Brit but I could only participate on the third day to real life obligations. It would have been nice if the trees stayed in one place for a week rather then like 4 days.
Hope this helps some.

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I agree its a bit frustrating as a player if you spent a lot of time and resources to fill the bods and get nothing. I also agree that the players who play on a smaller shard seem have to work much harder then a larger shards like Atlantic. But here's a few things that came to mind.

First we need to understand the mechanics of this system on how the gifts are figured out. Random generator at time really sucks. But the event just started and will be going to numerous more towns for more chances at the gifts if you so desire.
Being that the system is geared to rewarding players who play on the more populated shards and receive rewards with very little time and resources used.
I suggest this:
Create some characters on Atlantic, GL etc and have the player names that you would like associated with the boxes that you are collecting.
With a new character you start off with 1,000 gold and you can pick what ever skills you want but leave alchemy at like 2 or 3 points.
Then go to the alchemist and get three bods, due to your skill level you will more then likely get some lesser potions needed bod to fill. Buy the lessor potions off
that same alchemist and fill up the bod and hand it in. Then wait to collect your reward when the bag appears. Have a player on your shard collect all the rewards using a shard shield token and bring them back to your home shard.
You can do this with as many characters that you can create on that shard.
Personally I was trying to get our tree on Europa to full maturity in Brit but I could only participate on the third day to real life obligations. It would have been nice if the trees stayed in one place for a week rather then like 4 days.
Hope this helps some.
A very nice post and all. But I'm not playing another shard to trick the system, in a way, or whatever. I'm done with this lol My feeling is it's poorly designed and implemented and little thought was put into it concerning the low population shards. They have a long history of being clueless what it's like to play a low population shard and I doubt they're gonna catch on anytime to soon :p They're killing the low population shards with stunts like this one and have never even done anything to address our vendor issues or any of the rest. They suckered me into wasting a ton of time and materials this time, I was all for giving it my best go, now I know better. Hope you higher population shard have a great Xmas.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A very nice post and all. But I'm not playing another shard to trick the system, in a way, or whatever. I'm done with this lol My feeling is it's poorly designed and implemented and little thought was put into it concerning the low population shards. They have a long history of being clueless what it's like to play a low population shard and I doubt they're gonna catch on anytime to soon :p They're killing the low population shards with stunts like this one and have never even done anything to address our vendor issues or any of the rest. They suckered me into wasting a ton of time and materials this time, I was all for giving it my best go, now I know better. Hope you higher population shard have a great Xmas.
I agree I really wanted to get our tree on Europa to full growth and had a lot of old colored smith bods hanging around collecting dust and the resources to fill them thankfully. But even with using 70k in turn in points I could only raise the tree from the Charley Brown tree to a small tree. These events are suppose to bring the of a shard together but the system created some real frustration for some. My hope is that we can get the tree to full size on xmas day, will see. My post was mainly aimed to help players get some of those gift boxes with their players name on them.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I agree I really wanted to get our tree on Europa to full growth and had a lot of old colored smith bods hanging around collecting dust and the resources to fill them thankfully. But even with using 70k in turn in points I could only raise the tree from the Charley Brown tree to a small tree. These events are suppose to bring the of a shard together but the system created some real frustration for some. My hope is that we can get the tree to full size on xmas day, will see. My post was mainly aimed to help players get some of those gift boxes with their players name on them.
Yeah I wasn't giving you a hard time, just trying to get this outta my system. Stratics... cheaper than therapy! ;)

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just finished talking to the crafters on LA. They were able to finally get the tree to level 2. Doesn't sound like much but there were only about 6 crafters(not counting their alts). All of them feel that they spent way too much time and resources, like the two large ex val plate bods. As discouraged as they are, I'd be very surprised to see them continue. I know that at least three of them won't unless some thing changes.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I didn't even bother with it because I was sure that it wouldn't have been scaled properly for shard population. That and the rewards being just deco that aren't even worth turn in points and I had zero reason to waste bods on it. :|

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Festival of Frustration! Although I play Atlantic it seemed to take forever for our tree to grow giant. And strangely, there were usually only 3 or four players standing around watching it and hoping for it to finish. And an occasional player riding up and giving what seemed like one bod. So it wasn't Festive in the least. I even bought a char transfer token to bring over a character from Chessie in case that would help. The Elf told her she was too late and wait for the next town to get involved. If a character who fills bods gives one filled bod to each character in his/her account, will they all get a gift, or do they need some tailoring or other bodish skill to turn one in? Its like those EM things where the same people always make millions selling whatever silly item they win. Truth is though, I've been addicted to uo for over 19 years as I said earlier... Argh, Pshaw and other remarks. Tsk even!

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh the trammy drama!! Went from "yes we are getting a BOD revamp" to "our shard doesn't have enough people to complete it"

This game just continues to make a mockery of itself both in game and on the boards

Enjoy the nostalgia folks cuz the mechanics are toast.

Oh. And ... ATL ftw!!!

Flame away geniusea

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If a character who fills bods gives one filled bod to each character in his/her account, will they all get a gift, or do they need some tailoring or other bodish skill to turn one in?
No skills needed. Just donate one BOD from each char you have and if the tree reaches maximum stage they all should get a reward each.

And btw... don´t quit! ;)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I really just started doing bods with this publish. So I turned in a ton of small bods. I had no idea how it worked so with 3 guys I turned in like 2 bods each on the tree. Then with 2 more guys I turned in like 30 each then with my main guy I turned in 100/200 (?) or more? Not sure really but I was turning in a lot of bods everyday. On Legends the tree only got to the little stick tree stage so I'm sure I was a decent part of that happening. None of my guys got anything. So as far as I'm concerned this was just a total rip off and completely unsatisfying. I could have gotten a lot of decent rewards from turning them in normally. Broadsword has completely let me down again. They finally get an amazing idea and completely mishandle it. Done with this nonsense for sure.... I'm sure people have lots of advice, and knowing what I know now I could have played it better. But they're not playing me for a sucker again. They got me once, that's it. I'm really getting to the point I can't stand Broadsword anymore.
I think I would have preferred tiered rewards the good rewards going to the people who did the most work and a few random people below them, and a secondary tier for people who participate but don't make the top. I really don't like a lotto system for holiday/limited time events.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would have been cool if the trees stopped in each town...and the shard needed to make all 9 trees..... with a lesser bod count of course....would have been way cooler than just erase the tree and move to another random town.....after all the hard work.....doh...maybe next year

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think that there will be so many rewards given out, especially atl that u will be able to get most of them fairly cheap. the month is earlier, only one town down. I'm sure some ran 100 chars with 10 accounts or more turn in one to afew bods and all got rewards on atl .I posted low population shards wouldn't be "lucky" coughs its Christmas time, give a gift to someone, help the low populated shards finish their tree.
Oh Happy Holidays

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tiny little bods turned in on all characters - tons of awesome rewards - 5 minutes work - plenty of complaint posts on the uhall - lovin' this xmas event - hehe

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I turned in some small bods I'd filled and saved between the publish going live and the event starting - then I read Kyronix post of quality over quantity. I bribed some small carpentry, tinkering and smith bods up to higher end colours, filled a couple of lesser potions Lbods and got a prize on 2 characters, despite the fact that Europa's tree didn't reach full size.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I turned in some small bods I'd filled and saved between the publish going live and the event starting - then I read Kyronix post of quality over quantity. I bribed some small carpentry, tinkering and smith bods up to higher end colours, filled a couple of lesser potions Lbods and got a prize on 2 characters, despite the fact that Europa's tree didn't reach full size.
Well you got lucky then because I turned in at LEAST 50 exceptional Horned or Higher and Verite or higher BODS...at LEAST 50...AND I was the one that advanced the tree...and got nothin...so it's all RNG..and the RNG HATES ME! lol

And Kojak, it's not about going to ATL and spending as little time possible to get a reward....the boxes have your chars name on them....and I want to do stuff on my home shard..not atlantic...I want something for all the effort I put in AT HOME! lol

Though I did make a crafter on ATL with a certain someones name on it..NOT mine...because they have little time to play and I want to get something with there name on it..but gosh darn it I am the only Tinkerbell on Origin and I want a box with my name on it!!!! ;)

It's okay...due to the overwhelming generosity of this community and my own stubborn ways I am GOING to get Origin's tree to max.....cus Origin deserves it! :)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you got lucky then because I turned in at LEAST 50 exceptional Horned or Higher and Verite or higher BODS...at LEAST 50...AND I was the one that advanced the tree...and got nothin...so it's all RNG..and the RNG HATES ME! lol

And Kojak, it's not about going to ATL and spending as little time possible to get a reward....the boxes have your chars name on them....and I want to do stuff on my home shard..not atlantic...I want something for all the effort I put in AT HOME! lol

Though I did make a crafter on ATL with a certain someones name on it..NOT mine...because they have little time to play and I want to get something with there name on it..but gosh darn it I am the only Tinkerbell on Origin and I want a box with my name on it!!!! ;)

It's okay...due to the overwhelming generosity of this community and my own stubborn ways I am GOING to get Origin's tree to max.....cus Origin deserves it! :)
The little package sent last night should help some with the tree :)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would have been easier to just give everyone how turned in a BOD a reward on every shard. THEN if the tree reached full size, the top 50 contributors would get two rewards. No one is left out that participated regardless of shard size and the dedicated crafters still get a bonus sometimes.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The little package sent last night should help some with the tree :)
Lets hope so, that was a very pleasant unexpected surprise! Thank you SO much!

So far 64 small ex high material BOD's turned in....no tree yet but I can feel it! :heart:

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WATCH THOSE BOD POINTS!!!! On Saturday afternoon, as many of us were doing BODs, I looked at the large BOD I was working on and realized that if I turned in the small BODs, the points were worth 1375, whereas if I turned in the large BOD, the points were only 675. That was a 700 point difference so watch your points on those BODs, people! I tried to pick up the large BOD and dump the 2 smaller BODs out but it didn't work. :( Though it's been fun working them, I want to get as many points out of them as possible and I'm sure you do too.

Satana

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Are we sure that it uses the turn in points? because the bank points for the large BODs are much higher

edit: n/m just read the other thread :) some people think the system uses turn in points, but im not sure because on my shard the tree advanced pretty quickly using high end LBODs

Last edited:

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok Devs, give each player in the game a bag of the Christmas Tree gifts without causing us do do all that work.. We will all feel Jolly!!! Santa only asks that we be good which I'm sure we all are....with the exception of a few PVP show-offs on general chat.... so come on, be nice and we will be so happy!! I will for sure. Haven't got a real life Christmas gift for years. Maybe you will get a Nobel prize. The man who lives next door to me is named Nobel. Hm, I will ask him.... maybe... I'm shy though.