• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Events (Discussion)

L

Little Sadie

I do need 3 more golf trophies. I need a lot of 9 and 6 hole wins. Also need over 200 multi player games. I'd be happy to go into 3 holes and let who ever needs wins to get them. As long as I can get 100 multiplayer games I can get the 6 and 9 wins on my own. What time were you thinking for golf? Later the better for me.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I would love to be part of this too!! Later is better for me too any day. Early is possible except for Wednesdays. I can get on during the day too if that works for anyone. I dont know what I need. All I see is a lot of blanks!!!! I need to look it up in the guides before I do this!! I will meet whenever it is convenient for anyone else!! Maybe we could even do a quick game of golf after the runs on Sunday or Thursday.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:blushing: I must admit that I am AWFUL at golfing and racing. I figured I would just go without doing those, so I absolutely LOVE the idea of trading off wins. Anyone with a smidgen of ability would beat me so BRING IT ON!!!!Just tell me when and where!!!!!:D
Same here. Really awful at golf and racing. Really want to trade wins.

F

Flippers

I think everybody should learn to jump evidence to avoid losing laff in the CJ to cogs so manpower isn't wasted stunning them and we can all hit the scale and be done in 5 minutes. LOL but that's just me. It's so easy once you know what to do.

F

Fangs McWolf

I do need 3 more golf trophies. I need a lot of 9 and 6 hole wins. Also need over 200 multi player games. I'd be happy to go into 3 holes and let who ever needs wins to get them. As long as I can get 100 multiplayer games I can get the 6 and 9 wins on my own. What time were you thinking for golf? Later the better for me.
You have to play with someone else on the 6 and 9's in order to get the wins, and when you do that you get another towards your multiplayer count. :)

I would love to be part of this too!! Later is better for me too any day. Early is possible except for Wednesdays. I can get on during the day too if that works for anyone. I dont know what I need. All I see is a lot of blanks!!!! I need to look it up in the guides before I do this!! I will meet whenever it is convenient for anyone else!! Maybe we could even do a quick game of golf after the runs on Sunday or Thursday.
If you have preferred times, list them, because if/when an actual event is scheduled, it can be set to be a good fit for as many people as possible. Keep in mind, of course, that people can golf/race/etc whenever they want. The scheduled events is to make it fun, fair and help set up a time when people know they can get something done without relying on randoms and luck. :)

Trophies, in order.
4/40/400 Courses
1/10/100 Under par
1/10/100 Hole in One
2/20/200 Eagles
3/30/300 Birdies
4/40/400 Par
6/60/600 Multiplayer
1/10/100 Walk in the Par wins
1/10/100 Hole Some Fun wins
1/10/100 Whole Kit & Caboodle wins

The nice thing about the golf trophy page is that when you win 1 of the 3 trophies for a category, it tells you how many total you have when you hover over it. So when you get the "1 Under par" trophy for example, then if you have 9 of them, it'll tell you that you have 9. So then you know that 1 more and you will get the next trophy.

You can get the first 6 sets of trophies on your own, it's the last 4 that you MUST have someone else play with you. When you consider it, in a way, the multiplayer trophies sort of make it smart to trade wins, because you only need 300 multiplayer wins to get the last 3, but then you need another 300 multiplayer games for that last trophy.

S

soupandquackers

Well as for the times, when we did golf it was on fridays at 8pmEST. Im almost done with golf though, what i do need is racing trophies because i seem to always get on with the glitchers :bdh:

L

Little Sadie

You have to play with someone else on the 6 and 9's in order to get the wins, and when you do that you get another towards your multiplayer count. :)

True but I was just going to play two accounts to get those 6 and 9 wins. LOL! It would go a lot quicker. I think I need 80 wins in the 9 and 30 in the 6. I did the others with randoms but it took way too long. I can trade wins though if anyone is interested.

F

Fangs McWolf

It's not an official event but I'm at MiniGolf in Kooky Grove if anyone wants to come.

:)

S

Stubby

I am available everyday but Wednesday. The rest of the week I try to keep it to during the day. So, let me know when and I will be happy to Golf with you.

B

Bumbledogswirls

Event: VP runs
When:Wednesday Nights 830pm est til everyone leaves
Districts: Kooky Groove

Meet in the pit like we do on Sundays then we can load and go.
This will be a SOS shopping event.

Event: VP runs
When: Friday Nights 900pm est til eveyone leaves
Districts: Kooky Groove

SOS Shopping

Bring any toon you need to bring.

PLEASE specify What "sos" shopping is. SOme people won't know how to leave the VP without losing all their gags, explain how to disconnect.:eek:snap:

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do we have an official event for golf and racing already? Or do we just PM those who need to trade wins?

S

soupandquackers

We used to for golf, but right now we dont. So we can try and plan that out, same for racing, but as of right now I guess just PM the person.

S

Steveo

For toons that do not know what sos shopping is I will explain. This is when you go into the vp looking for 5 star cards. When you get off the elevator you can see what toon it is and if the group says run then to disconnect and not lose your level 7 gags you hit ALT F4 and then just log back on and you should still be full of laugh and still have your gags. Also if you are playing windows mode you can just close out the screen. If I have left out anything please feel free to correct me.

F

Fangs McWolf

Do we have an official event for golf and racing already? Or do we just PM those who need to trade wins?
I had been trying to set something up but not alot of people gave feedback on it... (Read previous messages in this thread)

Giving consideration to those who can't make it early, and to keep it a little different at the same time, here's the idea I have:

Sun: Beans, VP, CFO, CJ starting at 7PM
Mon: VP, 10PM eastern for standard run. SOS shopping after that.
Tue: CFO marathon, 8PM
Wed: CJ, 10PM eastern marathon.
Thu: CEO, 8PM
Fri: Golf at 10PM eastern.
Sat: Go with what's active (Fishing Bingo, Racing, Trolley)

The idea behind the 10PM times is to give a chance for those who can't make an 8PM schedule, especially if they happen to be in another time zone that causes problems for them. This isn't an actual event yet, it's just in planning stages at this time to get a feel for what will and will not work.

For toons that do not know what sos shopping is I will explain. This is when you go into the vp looking for 5 star cards. When you get off the elevator you can see what toon it is and if the group says run then to disconnect and not lose your level 7 gags you hit ALT F4 and then just log back on and you should still be full of laugh and still have your gags. Also if you are playing windows mode you can just close out the screen. If I have left out anything please feel free to correct me.
Simply put, if someone says "Run!", get your furry(feathery) tail outta there.

It's also helpful if someone knows it's a 5-star and says "Stay." so that those who are worried about what to do can relax.

The included cards are: Barnacle Bessie, Clerk Clara, Flippy, Lil Oldman(LOM), Moe Zart and Professor Pete. Some SOS shoppers also stay for Franz Neckvein (4 star, 100 point drop), but that should be decided before going in, since some people stay/run based on the card and not on what others say.

Little note here.. There are some people who do SOS shopping based on their own terms, both at random runs and scheduled runs, even if they are not part of a group. If you've ever gone on a random run and had 8 people getting off the elevator but then one or more Hollywood 50's vanished before the actual battle began (sometimes leaving one player to fight the cogs by themselves), then you'll know what I'm talking about. What makes it worse is when they go on SOS runs and then they exit out without saying "Run!", leaving everyone else to fight the first round of cogs before they can safely leave. I've had that happen before, and it's no fun to go in with 8 and then no one says "Run!" and suddenly its 1 person on each side of the VP for the first round.

Point of all this is to say that SOS shopping can be fun and beneficial, especially when it's planned out with good people. But remember that despite the best of efforts, things can sometimes go wrong. If you recognize the card in the cage and know for a fact that it's not one of the desired cards, tell everyone to "Run!" before you exit out. If you have any doubts, let someone else make that call. Either way, once the battle has started, don't bail (at least not until the small 'intermission' period).

B

Bumbledogswirls

Here are some of the phrases that I know of to keep an eye out for...

Let's go fight the VP! Ok you freeloader, get your lazy bum to the pit of SellBot HQ.

This way. Most likely whispered to you, or when Trish walks up to you and says it. Means to go/follow her to join the group being made.

Have fun! The send off for the group made.

Are you still here? Why the hell didn't you go with the rest of the group? (or if the entire group is there: What the f* are you waiting for?)

Let's go on the trolley. Go to the next/alternate district. Usually said when there are seemingly too many randoms.

Stay. Stop f-ing around because she can't get an accurate count of how many people are there.

Please go away! Get f-ing lost!

Couple of pointers:

* When your side is done with all the cogs/skelecogs, if the other side has less than 4 players, try to join them (unless someone that was on your side needs a major toonup, then let them join instead).

* In the VP, if there is someone who is still new to the VP or who is a lower laff player (usually under 50 laff), try to keep their name/laff on your screen. If they get to under 20 laff, if possible, toon them up (pie them). I'll tend to do that and if someone else is tooning them, I'll still keep them on my screen as a precaution. I truly hate to lose someone during a boss battle.

* Never hold carry personal grudges onto any of the runs (you don't gotta like/forgive a person, just be a team player); never assume someone's skill based on laff/suit; and no matter how tough it may get during the battle, never let them see you sweat.

By the way...

I tend to stun from the back of the VP. Near the very end, I have this habit of going around to the front and ramming the VP's tread, usually when he's about to spin around. So back away from the side that I'm ramming, because he'll try to swipe for -5 damage.

For the CFO, be careful on the steps. There are hidden 'man holes' that you will fall through to the bottom. Can be fun but also extremely annoying.

If you are ever on a CJ run with me, I always stun the cogs. For some reason I can't scale to save my laff. If both Trish and I are on the same CJ run, then it's preferred that everyone else scale, as we make a murderous stunning team. :p

I always do the Resistance Salute during the dance so that I won't dance. So if Trish is on the same run and you see her stink "Hey!" and "Dance" and "Why not?", it's just her thing. She picks on me for it. She'll also pick on my clothing, since I wear the newest (or most recent) holiday clothing on Fangs, and I keep the Valentine's Day clothing on Black Prince.

(Even though I quoted sad_faerie, what's said here isn't exactly directed to them.)
I think Wolfie wins the longest post award! :popcorn: And I get the longest quote! LOL!

BTW, i don't think that wed. will EVER work for me. Too much going on

S

soupandquackers

you know u can edit your posts instead of putting a brand new post less than 3 minutes later.

B

Bumbledogswirls

Trish, PLEASE select a time that will work for you we can do VP runs, or PM me some times that we can choose from!:stretcher:

S

Steveo

I have made a few changes for the SOS shopping days. I will no longer be able to make it WED Night just a bad day all around. We are going to keep the Friday night going. Also made a couple of notes in the other events thread so check those changes out.

T

toontownhappy

CJ runs

8:00 pm Eastern Time

District kookyboro

Meet Right outside Lawbot HQ so we can make groups.
Come and CJ and have fun. If enough people stay we will do Da runs afterwards;)
What day?

H

Holocog

LOL! I Was half asleep! wednesday... Hmm. Outside the CJ doors

K

kiwi115

hey trish i got a question... can w switch the sunday event time to 1:00 pm CDT? i can never make it there at 7 can you? thanks!

H

Holocog

Sorry to be last minute but would everyone rather do CJ Right after ceo? I totally forgot. But dont wait lol. Would any of you would rather have it on thurs. right after ceo?

S

soupandquackers

Since no one came to this i guess i wont do it anymore.

F

Fangs McWolf

Since no one came to this i guess i wont do it anymore.
I wouldn't give up on it just yet. This is a bad weekend to make plans, since it's the 4th of July weekend. People are going to be out of town and doing other things, so to plan for things isn't a good idea. Wait it out for next Sat and maybe even the one after (ie, Sat 12th and Sat 19th) and then decide. :)

G

Granjell

Sorry - I meant to come, just got involved with fam stuff! I will try to make it next week.

S

Stubby

Hi Guys, :sad2:
Just an FYI that I won't be going to this Sundays events, 7/5. I may bring Fancy Fumblemuffin to the beanfest if I get a chance. John's (my hubby) nephew is moving in with us today, so I will be very busy. He is a casuality of these awful economic times. He lost his house and has to be out by Monday. We are going to squeeze him in our little 2br2ba condo. I don't mind, he is a wonderful kid (26 I think). In fact, the only thing I have a problem with is his cat, my daughter and I are EXTREMELY allergic, so he has to give him up. I feel so bad about that. Anyways, you guys win big and I should be back next week!!!

Sandi
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:
WIN ONE FOR STUBBY- YEAH :lol::lol:
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

S

Steveo

Hope the move goes smooth and sry to hear about your nephew at least he has a great aunt that has a good heart.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I will be at the event tonight. But I would like one of those gmail invites so I can see the events calander.

Thanks

T

tominator6578

i must do beanfest...ill run factory with 3 others who know what they're doing :)

L

Little Sadie

I'll bring Sadie to golf next Saturday. She needs 200 more of the multi player games and wins in the 6 and 9 holes. Three trophies then I am finished golfing. Yay!