• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Events (Discussion)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wolfie was kind enough to make a solution, if you have gmail. Search for ToonTown Special Events in Google Calendar :)

S

Stubby

Whats gmail and how do I get it? Trish I hope I added you right. This new forum has me a little confused.:confused::p

Nevermind my daughter fixed me up with it, Stubbytwiddletoes 'at' gmail

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, a google account, anyway.. maybe nothing, I don't know. It's a google service so I'd assume you'd at least need a google account, and who has one of those without gmail?

S

SaraFunnyweather

It's a google service so I'd assume you'd at least need a google account, and who has one of those without gmail?
LOL I do. But now that I know about gmail I might get that too, hehe.

S

sad_faerie

Ooh. You should. it's the best email I've ever had. i lurve it!

F

Fangs McWolf

http://www.google.com/calendar/ is what Trish meant.

G-mail rocks. Ever since getting my greedy paws on it, I've gotten away from other email accounts. It's simply the best there is. Anyways, to save the trouble of hunting for the calendar I'm working on...

ToonTown Special Events Calendar

This is not a "Stratics Only" calendar. So if you know of an event in TT that is not Stratics related, you are welcome to tell me about it so I can add to it.

As for G-mail, it's open now or registrations, but I think it requires a phone number to confirm your identity (to cut down on spammers). So if you have some reason to dread giving your number to google to get an account, just find someone who still has gmail invites to spend. :)

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just FYI I haven't been at the CFO marathons as Tuesday night I go to the gym with a bunch of friends. So by the time I return it's late. :cool:

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have loads of invites to give out as well.

Just PM me your current email so I can send you one.

S

sad_faerie

I have... 50 invites left. I went a little crazy with them when I first got it. I love the internal messenger. It's handy.

F

Fangs McWolf

6:00 PM?

Sorry. I'm not too familiar with daylight and standard. :(
C = Central.

Regardless of daylight saving time or not, it's always at 7/6/5/4 (Eastern/Central/Mountain/Pacific). I live on the east coast so for me it's 7PM.

Hope I didn't just confuse you even more.

S

sad_faerie

It is also helpful if you have true friended at least a couple of the people who do these runs. I learned this the hard way Tuesday when I showed up for the CFO and couldn't understand a thing that was said.

F

Fangs McWolf

It is also helpful if you have true friended at least a couple of the people who do these runs. I learned this the hard way Tuesday when I showed up for the CFO and couldn't understand a thing that was said.
Here are some of the phrases that I know of to keep an eye out for...

Let's go fight the VP! Ok you freeloader, get your lazy bum to the pit of SellBot HQ.

This way. Most likely whispered to you, or when Trish walks up to you and says it. Means to go/follow her to join the group being made.

Have fun! The send off for the group made.

Are you still here? Why the hell didn't you go with the rest of the group? (or if the entire group is there: What the f* are you waiting for?)

Let's go on the trolley. Go to the next/alternate district. Usually said when there are seemingly too many randoms.

Stay. Stop f-ing around because she can't get an accurate count of how many people are there.

Please go away! Get f-ing lost!

Couple of pointers:

* When your side is done with all the cogs/skelecogs, if the other side has less than 4 players, try to join them (unless someone that was on your side needs a major toonup, then let them join instead).

* In the VP, if there is someone who is still new to the VP or who is a lower laff player (usually under 50 laff), try to keep their name/laff on your screen. If they get to under 20 laff, if possible, toon them up (pie them). I'll tend to do that and if someone else is tooning them, I'll still keep them on my screen as a precaution. I truly hate to lose someone during a boss battle.

* Never hold carry personal grudges onto any of the runs (you don't gotta like/forgive a person, just be a team player); never assume someone's skill based on laff/suit; and no matter how tough it may get during the battle, never let them see you sweat.

By the way...

I tend to stun from the back of the VP. Near the very end, I have this habit of going around to the front and ramming the VP's tread, usually when he's about to spin around. So back away from the side that I'm ramming, because he'll try to swipe for -5 damage.

For the CFO, be careful on the steps. There are hidden 'man holes' that you will fall through to the bottom. Can be fun but also extremely annoying.

If you are ever on a CJ run with me, I always stun the cogs. For some reason I can't scale to save my laff. If both Trish and I are on the same CJ run, then it's preferred that everyone else scale, as we make a murderous stunning team. :p

I always do the Resistance Salute during the dance so that I won't dance. So if Trish is on the same run and you see her stink "Hey!" and "Dance" and "Why not?", it's just her thing. She picks on me for it. She'll also pick on my clothing, since I wear the newest (or most recent) holiday clothing on Fangs, and I keep the Valentine's Day clothing on Black Prince.

(Even though I quoted sad_faerie, what's said here isn't exactly directed to them.)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* Never hold carry personal grudges onto any of the runs (you don't gotta like/forgive a person, just be a team player); never assume someone's skill based on laff/suit; and no matter how tough it may get during the battle, never let them see you sweat.
Yes, please. It's impossible for me to remember who hates who, who would rather not play with who, who would rather board with who, and so on. You wouldn't believe the amount of whispers I get about these things, among others, while I'm trying to form groups. I try to do what is asked of me, and I try to keep the people who clash apart from each other, but then that sometimes makes us all play with the same people every week and that isn't fun for me either. But even in my trying sometimes there's just no choice, and while I'm cringing, I have to do what I have to do for the greater good.

By the way... (inline quotes in "Trish Blue")

I tend to stun from the back of the VP. Near the very end, I have this habit of going around to the front and ramming the VP's tread, usually when he's about to spin around. So back away from the side that I'm ramming, because he'll try to swipe for -5 damage. True for everyone who swipes, and good advice. There are many things I'd like to add to this forum that we had before, but not sure if it's worth all the work (as in, how temporary is this temporary forum?)

For the CFO, be careful on the steps. There are hidden 'man holes' that you will fall through to the bottom. Can be fun but also extremely annoying.

If you are ever on a CJ run with me, I always stun the cogs. For some reason I can't scale to save my laff. If both Trish and I are on the same CJ run, then it's preferred that everyone else scale, as we make a murderous stunning team. :p I know the reason. You don't have your controller set up for a slow throw ;) And yes Wolfie is my left hand (unless you're looking AT the lawyers, then he's my right hand). :D

I always do the Resistance Salute during the dance so that I won't dance. So if Trish is on the same run and you see her stink "Hey!" and "Dance" and "Why not?", it's just her thing. She picks on me for it. She'll also pick on my clothing, since I wear the newest (or most recent) holiday clothing on Fangs, and I keep the Valentine's Day clothing on Black Prince. I have a couple people I mess with during the dance. If I see someone getting concerned in speedchat, I always throw in a "Hee hee!", "Love ya!" or ":)" so y'all know I'm kidding around.

F

Fangs McWolf

I had an idea for an event. Similar to CFO Tuesdays, what about a VP night? You know, SOS shopping. I might not be able to attend much until my suit is maxed, but would definitely be fun and beneficial for those who want to join in.

Here's what I have in mind so far..

Grouping director: Trish of course DUH!
Primary District: Zanywood
Secondary: Funnyfield (Trish's fave)
Day: ??? (I was thinking perhaps Mon/Wed/Fri or Sat)
Time: 8PM eastern, going on until there are less than 6 people in the group.

For those who aren't familiar with SOS shopping, when you go in, someone with good eyes looks at the caged toon and decides if it's a worthy card or not. If it's not a good card, then someone yells "Run!" Otherwise someone should say "Stay."

Cards acceptable: Only 5 star cards and Franz Neckvein. Those are the top 7 favored cards. (I personally like to try to collect 1 set of toons hit and 1 set of cogs miss, but oh well.)

Phrases:

Grouping...
"This way." - Join the group being formed.
"Let's play again." - Abandon group, starting over.
"Have fun!" - Go fight the VP.
"Let's go on the trolley." - Change district.

Boarding...
"Shall we go?" - Is everyone ready? If someone isn't, say "No."
"Let's go." - Let's go.
"Let's go back to the playground." - Back into the pit.

Entering VP:
"Run!" - X out of ToonTown A.S.A.P. so that you don't lose any laff or gags.
"Stay." - Good card, stay and fight.

If the toon was mistaken for a good card, remain until the first part of the VP is done, then everyone can leave during the intermission.

The other alternative to grouping would be for everyone to pile into the elevator and continue that method of madness. However if that method is followed, a simple rule to follow: Those who are already on the loading platform get to board first, then others fill in the spaces. The ensures that everyone gets a fair shot at shopping, instead of the same people being left behind time and time again and getting nothing out of it.

Other ideas are welcome, keep in mind that I'm looking for fairness to all who want to go.

So the question comes down to, which day, which method and who all is in favor of it?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clifford the Big Red Dog was running VP runs on Saturday. I could never attend so I'm not sure how it worked out. And I haven't seen hiim on these new boards yet.. I think he ended up changing it to one VP every 2 hours so people could get merits in between runs.

S

sad_faerie

LoL. I use a reference sheet every time I go in. It's been very handy.

G

Granjell

Just wanted to say, Fangs - What a Great Summary!! I've been missing the group runs due to family and homework, etc. But school's out next week and I should have less to worry about. I just may print out your post and keep it with my toontown stuff.

You Guys are Great!!

S

SuperMac

I have a question about the VP battles. I invited a couple of friends to go with me, and told them we would be divided up, but this past Sunday, it seems like everyone just suddenly took off, and we were all confused as to what was happening. I had been told to get in a circle, and there was some toon named Rodney jumping around and pushing through people, but I wasn't sure what or who he was. It seems like the other times I've gone, we were sorted out somehow, but maybe we just didn't do that this time. Anyway, when we get to the pit, how are we supposed to know who to go with? And I still saw a few getting on and off, but maybe they were randoms that got mixed in with the group in the pit?

F

Flippers

Glad they shuffled off and Stratics regs got on in my load...

What's up with all those rude toons at the beanfest? Who are these toons coming to blatantly beg instead of receive beans? They push their benefactors off crates and think they're clever. It gets worse every week, and I can understand why this discourages big toons to give. It wasn't just a couple of someone's friends showing up in the pit either, and a few of them were down a chunk of laff. Then there was that pushy rabbit. Good thing for him we cant lob pies at other toons LOL

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been SOOO many for the VP that we have just been loading the lift. It's the VP, something we haven't had a saduality at in forever. And when we get 5-6 groups standing in the pit I just get all stressed out trying to get everyone to stand still, listen to me, and to get there and STAY there.. lol This makes everything go more smoothly and to be honest I like it better from a playing standpoint too because every week I'm playing with someone I normally can't play with.

Shuffling.. arrrgh, a little part of me dies inside when y'all do that.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's up with all those rude toons at the beanfest? Who are these toons coming to blatantly beg instead of receive beans?
new thread coming sometime today

They push their benefactors off crates and think they're clever. It gets worse every week, and I can understand why this discourages big toons to give.
I'm still not sure why you got bent about the knocking off crates. That happens every week.. just someone's way of having fun. What I don't like is, as you said, the begging, the TF chat spam, the rudeness. And as I said.. look for a new thread today.

F

Flippers

new thread coming sometime today

I'm still not sure why you got bent about the knocking off crates. That happens every week.. just someone's way of having fun. What I don't like is, as you said, the begging, the TF chat spam, the rudeness. And as I said.. look for a new thread today.

Thats the same type of person who has fun pushing sleeping toons into the tracks or a street. We all know that playful should never be at the cost of others, and the pushers I'm referring to were clearly not their victim's friends. Between that and the chat flooding it isnt much fun at all.

Last night actually I just hung out to go to the VP. I didnt even need beans. Hanging out shouldnt be a challenge. Looking forward to the next thread ;)

S

SuperMac

I wasn't there for the beans either. Maybe they (bean throws and runs) should be separated? Or can beans be thrown in front of the elevator once you have your disguise on? That might limit the crowd. I went to the CFO run after and that was SO much better, everyone lined nicely and Trish calling you out.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't there for the beans either. Maybe they (bean throws and runs) should be separated? Or can beans be thrown in front of the elevator once you have your disguise on? That might limit the crowd.
I don't really want to limit the bean throwing to VPers. I've made brand new toons and brought them to beanfest for a nice start in beans. I know many others do the same so that just wouldn't work. I like our location for beanfest, other than district which we're going to have to change.

F

Fangs McWolf

I had been told to get in a circle, and there was some toon named Rodney jumping around and pushing through people, but I wasn't sure what or who he was.
Rodney is someone I met while golfing (toon golfing not cog golfing). I had more than an elevator worth of people with me so when the last group was loading and they had a spot, I told him to go ahead with that group.

I'm not sure why he was jumping around, but I'm going to try to mention to him next time that it helps if he picks a spot and stays there because if groups are going to be made, it helps make it easier.

What's up with all those rude toons at the beanfest? Who are these toons coming to blatantly beg instead of receive beans? They push their benefactors off crates and think they're clever. [...] Good thing for him we cant lob pies at other toons LOL
Depends on what you call rude. I've gone there on some toons that I have whose sole purpose is for gifting things like phrases and there have been dry spells of bean tosses. So I find it understandable if someone yells out that they need more beans. I'm sure they don't mean it in a "gimme beans you jerk" or a "please sir, may I have some more" sort of way, but more like "Is anyone going to give beans or has it already ended?" point of view. I haven't used that phrase myself except once or twice at most ever since I started going, but just wanted to toss out that perspective. Also keep in mind that it might be someone who is on a slow computer who has to exit toontown completely, sign out of one account, log into another and then wait for their toon to load, and they may be a bit anxious about taking too long to get to the pit to be able to play with others.

Thats the same type of person who has fun pushing sleeping toons into the tracks or a street. We all know that playful should never be at the cost of others, and the pushers I'm referring to were clearly not their victim's friends.
I'll sometimes push Trish off for laughs, just like she'll push me off if I get on there. No ill intentions at all.

Also there's nothing wrong with pushing a sleeping toon into the streets or even into battle, provided that if it's into a battle, you join and defeat the cog(s) so that they don't go sad. It's a way of keeping them from sleeping off of the server when they may just be gone for a few extra minutes than TT allows.

There are times when a friend is TP'ing to me and I'll try to land them in a cog's path or when at CBHQ, on the tracks and hoping a train will make them go pop. I've done that to a number of friends and they've done it to me. It's funny, especially when the would-be victim wises up to it and they are running the moment they land to avoid being caught.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I split this thread into two. The stickied is for the actual events, and this one is for the discussion of said events. That way the events aren't difficult to find.

(Also to play with the mod tools a bit. lol)

F

Flippers

I wish it could give reminders in an iGoogle module so I can see Astroboy and the Teahouse Fox more.

F

Flippers

iGoogle portal pages instead of the blasé plain page. You add modules of gadgets your way, from news feeds to alternate search services (like wiki) to tools to info.

That's what one of my google tabs looks like, and changes throughout the day.

F

Fangs McWolf

Up for a vote, per say. Snoutrageous Kat wanted to CJ and was having a problem getting people together. After a few minutes, we had 8.. Then 9, and I think we could have gotten more without problems. So I had an idea..

CJ Wednesdays. 8PM, Kooky Grove (Funnyfield backup). I would say 9PM or 10PM but wanted to remain consistent with other events.

If we do that we could have VP on Mondays and then we'd have a week filled with runs. (Mon/VP, Tue/CFO, Wed/CJ, Thu/CEO).

So who's up for this idea? :)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go for it if you want. I won't be able to come on Wednesdays, too much going on.

S

Stubby

I like the idea. Wednesdays are hard for me because we go to Church, but usually home by 9. The other nites are pretty much open. So, if we are voting, I vote yes!!! We just have to keep in mind that most of us have to refill our suits. :thumbup:

F

Fangs McWolf

I like the idea. Wednesdays are hard for me because we go to Church, but usually home by 9. The other nites are pretty much open. So, if we are voting, I vote yes!!! We just have to keep in mind that most of us have to refill our suits. :thumbup:
Time isn't set in stone. I only picked it for the reason mentioned. As for refilling the suits, the idea would give people time to refill so they can go twice a week. Once on Sundays (except CEO), and once on another day. Those who can't make it on Sun for some reason have a makeup day, and vise versa. To be honest, I'd like to have CEO on Sundays too, perhaps at 10PM, so that Sunday is a "do-all" night. But from what I understand, not that many people would make it.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome, because I think it would be nice to have a nightly thing, with Fri/Sat being the 2 'rest days' or days for other things like golfing/racing.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They used to do golf on Friday nights. another thing i couldn't come to. Not sure why it stopped.

S

SuperMac

Up for a vote, per say. Snoutrageous Kat wanted to CJ and was having a problem getting people together. After a few minutes, we had 8.. Then 9, and I think we could have gotten more without problems. So I had an idea..

CJ Wednesdays. 8PM, Kooky Grove (Funnyfield backup). I would say 9PM or 10PM but wanted to remain consistent with other events.

If we do that we could have VP on Mondays and then we'd have a week filled with runs. (Mon/VP, Tue/CFO, Wed/CJ, Thu/CEO).

So who's up for this idea? :)
I vote yes!

G

Granjell

Count me in - It sure would be nice to have more opportunities.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool idea, I'd utilize much of the other nights once I max Law I'm sure. Just as long as the Sunday Night runs stay, no problem with adding in a second night during the week.

F

Flippers

Wed and Sat are out as mentioned in the past. I help my RL friends' toons then.

Kooky Grove is worth a chance.

F

Fangs McWolf

Giving consideration to those who can't make it early, and to keep it a little different at the same time, here's the idea I have:

Sun: Beans, VP, CFO, CJ starting at 7PM
Mon: VP, 10PM eastern for standard run. SOS shopping after that.
Tue: CFO marathon, 8PM
Wed: CJ, 10PM eastern marathon.
Thu: CEO, 8PM
Fri: Golf at 10PM eastern.
Sat: Go with what's active (Fishing Bingo, Racing, Trolley)

The idea behind the 10PM times is to give a chance for those who can't make an 8PM schedule, especially if they happen to be in another time zone that causes problems for them. This isn't an actual event yet, it's just in planning stages at this time to get a feel for what will and will not work.

VP
I would like for those who are either under 50 laff or who are not HW suits to load from the right; others load from the left and try to load 4 from each side. This is to try to avoid disaster runs. For the most part, everyone knows what they're doing, but if a random pops in, they should be more noticeable, and those friends new to VP will have a better chance or survival. It's just a thought to try, not a concrete rule. Other than that, pile into the elevator and try not to hop off.

CJ
Those who can reliably stun 3 or more cogs, load from the left side of the elevator, others load from the right side. When possible, try to have a 3 stun/5 scale ratio. Again, just a thought to try out. Those who can do either, go where needed (if there are very few stunners, load left, etc). Exception to the rule: Trish. Make her stun, always. :D

Golf
Kooky Grove district, meet at the statue. When time, load 2 to a cart and trade wins (if each needs a win). Best to start at the 3 hole then move to 6 and 9 holes respectively.

Phrases:
"I'll take a Mulligan" - means that you don't need a win on the course (if you are standing next to the carts). If you aren't near the carts, mention the course first and then this phrase. The idea is to match up people who need wins with those who don't.

"Let's play minigolf!" - The send off of course. Go load your respective carts and have fun. TRY to only do 2 to a cart, or better yet, 2 who will trade wins, and any extras who just need non-win trophies.

I'm open to ideas for the golfing. What I've listed is a rough idea so far so I'm sure that someone will have something to add that will help.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VP
I would like for those who are either under 50 laff or who are not HW suits to load from the right; others load from the left and try to load 4 from each side. This is to try to avoid disaster runs. For the most part, everyone knows what they're doing, but if a random pops in, they should be more noticeable, and those friends new to VP will have a better chance or survival. It's just a thought to try, not a concrete rule. Other than that, pile into the elevator and try not to hop off.
This is a great idea for a non-Sunday run and should help even the loads. In our present state (chaos) on Sundays, there's no way this would work. lol

CJ
Those who can reliably stun 3 or more cogs, load from the left side of the elevator, others load from the right side. When possible, try to have a 3 stun/5 scale ratio. Again, just a thought to try out. Those who can do either, go where needed (if there are very few stunners, load left, etc). Exception to the rule: Trish. Make her stun, always. :D
The problem with this idea is what if there is bonus weight? If I have a bonus weight of 3 and everyone else is 1 or none, I'm GOING to scale because even if it takes 2 to replace me stunning, it'll be faster. Therefore, I really would rather we just split the people up evenly. Most of us are versatile enough we can do either job.

Y

YoungUn

When I'm actually able to make Sundays, I can do either job in any of the runs, there are just jobs I prefer (pie'ing, gooning & stunning) but I'll do either in order to make it work.

S

soupandquackers

We actually stopped golfing because me and flippers were the only ones showing up. Eventually we stopped going all together...

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I would like to see these golfing and racing events started again. It was before my time on stratics!! I am looking for someone to let me win at racing and golf because that is the only way it will happen and I would love to return the favor!!! There are a lot of new toons on stratics since I joined and there may be others in the same boat!!!

F

Fangs McWolf

VP
This is a great idea for a non-Sunday run and should help even the loads. In our present state (chaos) on Sundays, there's no way this would work. lol
It actually could work on Sundays, if the idea works and everyone gets used to it. But have to see it in action first, because it might be just as confusing no matter what.

CJ
The problem with this idea is what if there is bonus weight? If I have a bonus weight of 3 and everyone else is 1 or none, I'm GOING to scale because even if it takes 2 to replace me stunning, it'll be faster. Therefore, I really would rather we just split the people up evenly. Most of us are versatile enough we can do either job.
The part referring to you was sort of a joke. Since you can kick tail at stunning, it'd be a bad idea to have you scaling under normal circumstances.

Obviously if someone can scale and they have bonus weight, then it's especially helpful when there's the bonus timer kicks in. But also, one of the reasons for 3 stunners. If there are 2 that can get 3 or 4, then someone who isn't quite as good can get in the middle and get a couple of cogs, to fill in the spot of the would-be scaler who is instead stunning. :) Not that there has to be 3 stunning, just if need be.

I would like to see these golfing and racing events started again. It was before my time on stratics!! I am looking for someone to let me win at racing and golf because that is the only way it will happen and I would love to return the favor!!! There are a lot of new toons on stratics since I joined and there may be others in the same boat!!!
Mondays are actually the best days to race because all day there is the Tourny going on. However, other than that, Saturday is the best day since it comes in cycles. Could always do everything (golfing, racing, fishing) on Saturdays, or saving the golfing for Fridays. Waiting for input before trying to offer up an actual event. Just be nice to have choices for people who either want more than just Sundays, or who just cannot make it on a Sunday (or any Sunday) for some reason. Also, my way of trying to give back a little to the group that has given me reliable runs to go on. :)

G

Granjell

I think the more regular events the better -- that way I don't feel so out of things missing a Thursday or Saturday because something else comes up. I can always catch another group and feel caught up. Being a Bottom Feeder surrounded by all you Big Wigs was a LITTLE intimidating at first. (hee hee)

S

Stubby

:blushing: I must admit that I am AWFUL at golfing and racing. I figured I would just go without doing those, so I absolutely LOVE the idea of trading off wins. Anyone with a smidgen of ability would beat me so BRING IT ON!!!!Just tell me when and where!!!!!:D