• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land (Possibly) Open Tomorrow (UPDATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

*snickers at Niki getting told off*

For some strange reason I can't get the blog to work today, so if Luc posts to say its open over there, please run here and tell me !!

Are we nearly there yet? Are we?

Polly

G

When? Huh can you tell me? When exactly will that be? Huh!?

*Click EA-Land Windowed, click Cancel, click OK. Repeat

G

From the blog:

Town Hall and Community Pub Schedule
Posted in Team, Dev Chats, Fun by Parizad on the January 17th, 2008
These hours will pertain to Town Hall in EA-Land when the server goes public. On days that we patch to TC3, we will be there.

Thursday, January 17th
2-3 p.m. - Greg will be here! He is the glue that holds us all together. His official title is Technical Director. If EA-Land opens today, he will be at both the Community Pub and Town Hall. See? Total glue!
Hot Kiss Status: Hot kisses are not accepted, but hugs are!
3-4 p.m. - Lee is the Configuration Manager. That means he configures stuff, duh! Seriously, amongst a ton of other stuff he makes sure our patches run smoothly our servers aren’t acting like little punks. If anything ever goes wrong, we blame Lee. No matter who’s fault it actually is, we blame him.
Hot Kiss Status: He will accept any and all hot kisses.
4-6 p.m. - Parizad will be in the hizzy!
Hot Kiss Status: If she is standing idle, then she deserves to get mono!

G

Does it say how Greg feels about dipkisses?

*looks at Trin running round in circles*

*twitches*

Polly

G

Very good question. LMAO He is glue you might get stuck that way.

The blog is working for me now. I could not access it earlier either.

ROFLMAO at this
<blockquote><hr>

Thursday, January 24th
2-3 p.m. - Mark is going to rock the house! He does a little bit of everything. Ask him about it, and chances are, he’s coded some lines for it.
Hot Kiss Status: He says he does not accept hot kisses, but apparently, he does not have a problem with climbing into love beds with people! Tee hee hee.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<font color="purple"> LOL I cant find that dam corner Simone sent me to!! I'm feeling a little dizzy... </font>

M

mike1977

Is anyone else staring at their igoogle page with the city status (which refreshes every minute) added to it, waiting to see EA-Land show as up? lol

G

<font color="purple"> No! Where is that?? It sounds easier than login/logout repeat... </font>

M

mike1977

I think I got that somewhere from clicking on something in TC3.

G

grumbunny

I think I am in BIG trouble. I don't have the login option you all talk about. I get regular login button that's been there for 5 years. *Hyperventilating* Did not know I was messed up until last night. Now I don't know what to do! Where can I get whatever update I need? Help me please.... *cries softly* ....*bawls loudly*

G

<font color="purple">Calm down i had the same thing goin. Just stop logging in the way you have been, and go do it the old fashioned wya like, start, programs, maxis, sims online, etc. try doing it that way. You're probably logging in fromthe tsoclient.exe like iwas, which is what u dont want to do. </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think I am in BIG trouble. I don't have the login option you all talk about. I get regular login button that's been there for 5 years. *Hyperventilating* Did not know I was messed up until last night. Now I don't know what to do! Where can I get whatever update I need? Help me please.... *cries softly* ....*bawls loudly*

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a friend that this had happened to. The only way she was able to fix it was to download the game again here.

I'm not sure if there's another way, but this is what finally worked for her.

G

grumbunny

oh ty ty ty! I owe you a worship interaction or two. None of my friends knew why i had that problem lol. (Note to self: get smarter friends)

I appreciate it, now I will not be the only kid not at the party lol!

G

<font color="purple"> HAHHAHA too funny *lol @ get smarter friends* glad we got it
who are you in TC3, cuz I dont see a grumbunny?</font>

G

wow .. is EA-Land suppose to open up now? hmm lol and the blog is not opening, maybe they are publishing the new EA-Land site? (with 2 domains, tso-e.com and ea-land.ea.com?)

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I've got my suitcase packed, my passport in hand and I've gone to the bathroom....snack peanuts and my heinekens....

....are we there yet?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Lee posted on blog:

lfancey said,

<blockquote><hr>

on January 17th, 2008 at 1:43 pm

Avast sure as I be stand here an member o thy Brethren I’ll be bending evry mast bring er on line. No quarter matey.

Weigh anchor and bring her about! Prepare to be boarded me hearties.

Cap’n
Maxis Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

G

grumbunny

Is it going to crash the servers when we all jump in at once? LOL

I

imported_debslee

Jumps up and down excitedly...........how does it look????, whats happening????, what its like.................*gets in a frenzy* - news ppl news!!!!!!

*Contemplates dashing home and logging on!!!!*

G

When I try and create a sim in EA land it asks me which city to create in, but there are none. :-(

Edit: Same as you Trax..

For the rest of you... click on TC3 and it will update the launcher. Then you can click EA Land.

G

That's because it is internal right now. It will be public very soon.

Luc and I are at Town Hall right now!

G

Yes me too Trax

(can't get to the blog to post there either unfortunately)

Polly

G

Will we need to update again, or can we stay at that screen and wait for something? :)

G

<font color="purple"> LOL you have a bunch of sims foaming at the mouth here, lololol
I got the same thing as you Trax. We wait patiently. Or try to pretend to be patient. Is it working??? lol </font>

I

imported_Gracie Nito

For Polly:

<blockquote><hr>

lfancey said,

on January 17th, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Shiver me timbers! stand by ya scurvy dawgs.

Splice the mainbrace and hold steady me hearties.
Keep a lookout we are swabin the deck.

arghhh

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_DutchAmerica

They are probably sitting over at townhall giggling about all of us trying to peak over the fence.

G

I need to run to the store too! Why do these things always happen to me on city opening day?!?! *note to self to learn to be prepared*

G

Thanks Gracie

What a day for there to be problems with the blog

Its a bit like being starving hungry after a very long journey, desperate for a pee and having to drive around the carpark endlessly looking for a car parking space .....

Polly

edited to remove a naughty k

G

<font color="purple">Is it just me being weird or is pirate talk all of a sudden sexy? lmao! </font>

G

It is horribly difficult to park a cark. Especially in the dark.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks Gracie

What a day for there to be problems with the blog

Its a bit like being starving hungry after a very long journey, desperate for a pee and having to drive around the carpark endlessly looking for a cark parking space .....

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
All this excitement is making me sleepy.

Maybe take a short nap.
p.s.
I hate it when I have trouble parking my cark.

Status
Not open for further replies.