• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land (Possibly) Open Tomorrow (UPDATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

We might be able to open the gates to EA-Land tomorrow. There's a major bug in our way. You all have been experiencing this bug in two different ways: 1. Players cannot get into DC and 2. the players getting 100 simoleans instead of 500 for bonuses.

We know what is causing both of these bugs. We're working very hard to fix it within the next 24 hrs. If we are not able to meet that deadline, we'll do it next week.

We'll keep you updated!

UPDATE on Jan 16th: Unless something goes horribly wrong, EA-Land will be public tomorrow at 1 p.m. PDT.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I'm excited!!!! Can't wait to get to EALAND. Thanks for the post !!!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

We might be able to open the gates to EA-Land tomorrow. There's a major bug in our way. You all have been experiencing this bug in two different ways: 1. Players cannot get into DC and 2. the players getting 100 simoleans instead of 500 for bonuses.

We know what is causing both of these bugs. We're working very hard to fix it within the next 24 hrs. If we are not able to meet that deadline, we'll do it next week.

We'll keep you updated!

[/ QUOTE ]

When the bug squishing is happening, please let any bug that wants to give more simoleans than we are entitled to crawl through, ok? Shhh. Mum's the word. Act all innocent, whistle "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" or something...

G

Yay! im very excited for EA-Land!!! specially the bugs are being fixed .. thats wats important atm, we wana have a good start!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Maybe they need bigger bugs to carry more simoleans?

F

forsure01

Awwwww I was in TC3 just now and my bonus is correct again, also I am back to a Premium player/it said I was a guest yesterday. Looks like you may have fixed it. Crosses fingers and hopes EA Land can open today.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Awwwww I was in TC3 just now and my bonus is correct again, also I am back to a Premium player/it said I was a guest yesterday. Looks like you may have fixed it. Crosses fingers and hopes EA Land can open today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im back to premuim on both accounts too

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I am about to lose control and I think I like it. (Possibly)

[/ QUOTE ]

We shouldn’t even think about tomorrow. Sweet memories will last a long, long time. We’ll have a good time baby don’t you worry, And if we still playing around in TC3...that’s just fine.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I don't expect to need EALand install. Just need to update with patch and click EA-Land login instead of TC3. Button is already there and just not active yet.

G

Kool Beans! I will wake up hairy BF so he can create his own darn avatars in EAland (said the ones I made for him in TC3 look like bikers and mafiosos).

G

Does anyone know when the newer graphics are expected to be in EALand? I guess I'm not expecting them to be there with intial opening, but wondering if any timetable has been given?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Does anyone know when the newer graphics are expected to be in EALand? I guess I'm not expecting them to be there with intial opening, but wondering if any timetable has been given?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with the initial opening. No ETA yet. Soon though. Uri and Vishwa have been making awesome progress on that score!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't expect to need EALand install. Just need to update with patch and click EA-Land login instead of TC3. Button is already there and just not active yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

and the patch is the 1.5gb download?!

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where'd you get that number?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where'd you get that number?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It will not be a 1.5gb download. If you currently have a sim in TC3 it will only involve any updates to TC3 done before EALand opens.

Even if you have never created a sim in TC3, it will not be 1.5mb patch.

J

JRock

I believe that person is talking about when you have to install EA Land. Yes it is quite large.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I believe that person is talking about when you have to install EA Land. Yes it is quite large.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only people that have to download EA-Land Installation are new players that don't have game on their computers, yet.

G

Yep, and thats me. And I do not understand why it wont work. I have installed it, and I keep getting an error when I try to go on the regular Sims Online! I can't even play. It keeps saying update error, we could not verify something.
I do not know what to do.

G

Are you on a trial acct? Someone correct me if Im wrong, but didnt they limit trials to TC3 only?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Are you on a trial acct? Someone correct me if Im wrong, but didnt they limit trials to TC3 only?

[/ QUOTE ]

AT one time they did announce they would only allow trials in TC3 and not production cities however, that has yet to be implemented because I still get reports of free accounts showing up in DG all the time.

Lee's last post suggested "free play" will replace "free trials" and that they will turn off sim creation in old cities completely, soon. There will be no "free trials" to play anywhere, soon.

I also believe only players with "premium" accounts will be able to create in EA-Land on opening day. "vistor" accounts will be restricted to TC3.

I

imported_debslee

Its "tomorrow" for me already................."are we there yet"???????

So very, very excited.....! You Devs rock!

G

Im so jealous that you are a day ahead of me...except on Sundays of course.

I'm too tired to have withdrawals...but I would like to know what the update is!

I

imported_debslee

Yip I hate Mondays cause ya'all are still on Sunday - sucks!
Even thought I am at work this page will be continually refreshed just to get the latest updates!

*Hands Niki a red bull*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Its "tomorrow" for me already................."are we there yet"???????

So very, very excited.....! You Devs rock!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here haha ... and im so glad that its gonna open on the day i finish my exams! yay!
(which reminds me, i need to go study
)

G

<blockquote><hr>

We'll keep you updated!

UPDATE on Jan 16th: Unless something goes horribly wrong, EA-Land will be public tomorrow at 1 p.m. PDT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck that nothing goes horribly wrong! Lets roll!

G

Very exciting!!

And 1pm pdt is only 10pm here, so still early enough for me! Yay! *adds lots o goodies to shoppinglist...gotta be fully stocked for an opening party

G

Well we're less than 3 hours away from the estimated arrival of EA Land..

Any ideas on the procedures we'll need to go through in order to get in there?

G

Are we nearly there yet?

Just over an hour to go .....

\o/

Polly

G

Don't make me come back there! We will be there when we get there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well we're less than 3 hours away from the estimated arrival of EA Land..

Any ideas on the procedures we'll need to go through in order to get in there?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know how from tso.exe you click to go to TC3? The EA-Land one is greyed out right now. When we make it public, you'll be able to click that and go there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But, but, but ..... I wanna be there NOW

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't make them turn this car around.

G

*pouts* and goes back to staring out of the window .....

"Are we nea....." oh nvm

Polly

G

<font color="purple"> I'm feeling a little giddy! Its like 10 minutes?!! omg what do i do first! *runs in circles* </font>

Status
Not open for further replies.