• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-LAND HEADING FOR A DEPRESSION AND MOST STORES AGREE

• Thread starter independent117
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

hear hear, you got that right simone!!
Have some of you forgotten that it IS the DEVELOPERS who are setting up this game exactly as they want it???
There was a whole TESTING merge done with TC3 and the old test center, where hundreds of sims brought over hundreds of items and set up fruit farms and sold items cheaply to make simoleans!!! The Developers watched that happen, and decided it was good plan for EALand, and thats how THEY set up the game for us to play!!!!!!!
All this talk about morals and ethics!! Where in the world are you thinking you should be accusing other players of wrongdoing??? Who made YOU goddess? Newsflash. YOU aren't our boss, you aren't in charge of how we play!!! The Developers are completely responsible for this game and how it's played and they have spoken by making it play as it DOES play. This has been working for them very well as many of you flock to the ATM's to put real cash in their hands to purchase these items with incredibly ridiculous prices that the DEVETLOPERS have decided are right for us and this game!!
This is not a player issue so for heavens sake stop telling everyone to play it the way YOU want them to. sheesh girl, why do you think you are in charge?

edited to clarify that while I replied to simones post, *the one who thinks she's in charge here is not simone, not at all. its the one who feels that she must respond to EVERY thread, every post and everyone, telling us how *she* feels we should all play this game! and gives us her opinion of what she thinks we should all delete* frankly my dear, i don't give a dayam what YOU think but i am mightly bored reading all these posts you are making on every issue!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Now..I see i'mnot the only one who is tired of listening to the same personal opinion over and over and over again like its Gospel. I don't think the items brought into Ea Land has anything to do with the catalogue prices or economy and I am sick and tired of myself and others being called cheaters if we don't play the game the way some one keeps cramming it down our throats. I am not deleting anything and I am not the reason the payouts are low and prices are high. None of us are. EA is not going to work this hard developing a new city spending thousands of man/women hours on it if they thought the game was failing. If there is a depression hitting us its not by any fault of who is being blamed here. THINK ABOUT IT. Payouts are low and have been since before the merge and prices skyrockerted to the point that if someone needs something badly and they can't afford it what are their options? ATM ring a bell??? I said I would never use it and I won't. I think it makes perfect sense since anything to do with adjusting money in the cities is strickly handled manually by EA. So anyone who wants to tell me, i'm with the group of CHEATERS who is destroying our new economy, needs to stop with the name calling . Many of us are real sick of it already an stones can be tossed back.

I

imported_queenme

ok im at least 3rding this opinion because lets face it has anyone ever REALLY LOOKED at the word ch-EA-ter???? huh? huh? anything in there stick out like a sore thumb???

it is SOOOOOO painfully obvious to ANYONE who is honest and looks clearly &amp; honestly at this so called "economy"

1)EA games has increased catalog prices beyond the ability of most sims(yes we have always been and will ALWAYS BE sims, not ava-whatevers) to purchase ANYTHING that was not brought over by another sim for resale at a severely discounted price, yes we should be THANKING those sims for so graciously selling their items for 10% or less of its current "retail" value, not crucifying them and telling them to delete the items, gees think that through peeps...duh-uh

2) EA games has decreased the payouts on virtually every possible manner of making simoleons(ya simoleons...always &amp; forever) to amounts that are chump change compared to the cost of purchasing anything other than a buffet refill...yes i will give them props where they are due....buffet at a simoleon a plate is one of the very best if not only true bargains left in the game - so at least we can all keep eating even if it is only barfet, since homecooking costs 4 times as much per plate as barfet??? mmmm not sure why, but last time i went to the barfet in real life it cost me a lot more than when i cook dinner at home but mmm ok another fine example of EA dev logic

3) EA games has soooooo conveniently provided everyone in game the absolute highest and best solution to all of their problems created by 1&amp;2 (NOT)...the infernal ATM...funnel enough of your real life dinero straight from your wallets to theirs and you no longer need be concerned with mmmm as someone else said on this post...how many different ways EA games is screwing us on this game...what was that definition of "beta" i read...."usually offered to players at no cost or REDUCED cost to encourage them to play during testing" hmmm ya wait i missed my discounted or free play on this "beta" that we have been forced to participate in if we wish to keep playing our game, since they took away our option to play anywhere else while they completed the beta testing with willing simmers so mmmm ya.....

ch-EA-ters

examine the word and u dont need to look far for the culprit

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

The way I see it is this. Players knew we were going to merge with inventory and no money so they spent money on inventory. Much of the money that was spent prior to the merge was exploit money. Since there was no way to smuggle the cash into the new city they purchased goods and in effect smuggled it in that way. True that was a perfectly legal thing to do but even legal actions often have consequences. In this case everyone is suffering because some players were selfish enough to bring several lots full of items so "they didnt have to suffer in the new city".

Nothing will change until the player base grows enough to absorb all the excess merchandise or the excess merchandise is deleted from the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the 4 1/2 years I was in the production cities, I believe I made a heck of alot more simoleans just from doing pizza, code, maze and jams and painting that I wouldn't have needed any money that came from any exploit. I am positive that I made more than enough to cover the cost of any items that I brought with me. I can't help the fact that EA moved me. I was happy right were I was at in my little cities. Everything I brought with me was bought with money that I that earned honestly.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I'm not sure if someone talked to store owners but i'm at my house everyday for hours and no one notified me or my roomies, and no, we were not AFK. I've been teaching all week so if someone had stopped by I would have known. As far as plans I may have when I sell out of everything, I am not fretting over that and I won't be restocking at the high prices we have right now. I have my trees from all of my accounts and I can sell the fruit plus I teach everyday and the pay from that is very nice. My husband it at level 9 at the robot factory and just working 2 shifts a day he makes a good amount of money. Not to forget doing jams and paintings even at $52 simoleans for the payout. It all adds up to a fairly decent days pay. We are not going to turn into millionaires over night but thats what I have my goal set as. Its a fun challenge and i'm enjoying all of it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In the 4 1/2 years I was in the production cities, I believe I made a heck of alot more simoleans just from doing pizza, code, maze and jams and painting that I wouldn't have needed any money that came from any exploit. I am positive that I made more than enough to cover the cost of any items that I brought with me. I can't help the fact that EA moved me. I was happy right were I was at in my little cities. Everything I brought with me was bought with money that I that earned honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm very sure she was not implying you were using exploits to get money. What I believe she was saying was that, because soooo much exploit money got circulated throughout the production cities' economies, it's impossible to know how much of the money in circulation was genuine and how much was exploit money. Because there was so much of it, inflation was rampant. Giving someone 50k "out of the kindness of his or her heart" would not cause anyone to even flinch. Trees selling for billions would not be seen as any big deal. If you had sold anything, or if anyone had given you any money for any reason, there's no knowing what percentage of it could have been exploit money.

Nobody was accusing you of cheating or using exploits. It was only being pointed out that, because there was so much of it going around, anyone who had gotten any amount of money from anyone else other than Maxis objects could have been carrying exploit money.

I hope that makes sense.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I'm very sure she was not implying you were using exploits to get money. What I believe she was saying was that, because soooo much exploit money got circulated throughout the production cities' economies, it's impossible to know how much of the money in circulation was genuine and how much was exploit money. Because there was so much of it, inflation was rampant. Giving someone 50k "out of the kindness of his or her heart" would not cause anyone to even flinch. Trees selling for billions would not be seen as any big deal. If you had sold anything, or if anyone had given you any money for any reason, there's no knowing what percentage of it could have been exploit money.

Nobody was accusing you of cheating or using exploits. It was only being pointed out that, because there was so much of it going around, anyone who had gotten any amount of money from anyone else other than Maxis objects could have been carrying exploit money.

I hope that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does and I thank you for that reply !

G

some of us worked our sims butts off, and spent countless hours on the comp to establish a store in the norm cities... and we did it without the use of bots... and ive never been aware of the fact MAXIS wanted us to delete inventory items before merging into ea-land... I HAVE ALREADY SHUT DOWN MY STORE IN EA-LAND... all my store items are now being sold in the classifieds in bulk... and being sold at the norm (sims online) buy mode cost... IM NOT A GREEDY SIM all i ask is i be respected, for the three years ive invested into creating my small sim empire....

G

<blockquote><hr>

MAXIS wanted us to delete inventory item

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe this was the case.

Just b/c a player says that its so ... does not make it so.

until someone from EA blogs saying "Delete all of your inventory" I'm not going to believe what the OP said. Also... I'm still of firm belief that if EA did not want us to have the objects from the original cities transferred, they would not have been.

G

IVE CLOSED MY STORE AND RECLASSIFIED IT.... my stores inventory will be being sold by bulk on sims stratics classifieds, at my cost plus a 5% handlers fee.... my cost being ( norm cities buy mode cost minus my discount )..... and catering to the existing store owners, and anyone else who can buy in bulk... thus closing down entirely, and liquidating my stock without having to spend countless hours on my property.. GL to the existing store owners, maybe WARES SALES will reopen when the ea-land economy is stable once agin...

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

IVE CLOSED MY STORE AND RECLASSIFIED IT.... my stores inventory will be being sold by bulk on sims stratics classifieds, at my cost plus a 5% handlers fee.... my cost being ( norm cities buy mode cost minus my discount )..... and catering to the existing store owners, and anyone else who can buy in bulk... thus closing down entirely, and liquidating my stock without having to spend countless hours on my property.. GL to the existing store owners, maybe WARES SALES will reopen when the ea-land economy is stable once agin...

[/ QUOTE ]

i just did the same thing to my store : ( its sad, to know that maxis is running us out of business wiht out even so much as to any real reason besides the whole
"we have to many objects from the merge" but its all manually done so im a little confused on that part but oh well.....i guess we'll just do CC"s until ppl complain theres no more normal stores and i need greening items

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i just did the same thing to my store : ( its sad, to know that maxis is running us out of business wiht out even so much as to any real reason besides the whole
"we have to many objects from the merge" but its all manually done so im a little confused on that part but oh well.....i guess we'll just do CC"s until ppl complain theres no more normal stores and i need greening items

[/ QUOTE ]

Maxis is not running you out of business. That is just the opinion of a couple of people. Don't go deleting anything unless you hear it from Maxis first. It will be then, and only then I will do something that drastic. So far, and I can assure you this, if and when that time comes which I truely doubt it will, one of the Dev team will be right here telling us so !!!!

E

Executioner_47

The main reason why most store owners are AFK is due to the fact if they are of the same mindset as myself,they are all out trying make money to support the store as it relates to having to pay the rediculous and idiotic prices to replace those few and I mean very few items that are being bought from any particular store.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me,is that Maxis strips everyone of their simoleans with the move to EA Land,what form of rationalation did they employ with setting prices so high on both store items and property lots that no one could afford to buy.Not very smart from my point of view.

G

glass_angel

Maxis is not running you out of business. That is just the opinion of a couple of people. Don't go deleting anything unless you hear it from Maxis first. It will be then, and only then I will do something that drastic. So far, and I can assure you this, if and when that time comes which I truely doubt it will, one of the Dev team will be right here telling us so !!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

if its a store that only stocks catalogue items, they are....
we all have been in EAL a few days now so anyone who was bringing over items has done so already so the economy already had its "flooded" .
a day ago the jam tables were like 26k, now they are 44k? unless somoene decided to stock up on the 26k tables to put more out there in circulation, i dont get how it can be up to 44k now....

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------

if its a store that only stocks catalogue items, they are....
we all have been in EAL a few days now so anyone who was bringing over items has done so already so the economy already had its "flooded" .
a day ago the jam tables were like 26k, now they are 44k? unless somoene decided to stock up on the 26k tables to put more out there in circulation, i dont get how it can be up to 44k now....

[/ QUOTE ]

Some one stocked up on Jam tables that why its so high.

Not EA's doing....!

G

I posted last night about this but someone deleted it, someone dont wanna admit the truth...

Its called dynamic priceing, its a big conspericy that EA is behind, the more you buy the more it cost, a jam table that cost you 44k yesterday from buy mode will cost you more tomorrow, bassed on the amount you buy...

they want you spending real cash in ATM's to get the fake cash you need to buy mode this crap... its not the fualt of people who brought stuff over from other city's...

J

jwilso3340

I got some very good advice last night from someone who told me to look at the houses at the very bottom of the 100 list. I found store owners who were not afk, and who actually got me what I needed or pointed me to the people who could.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

I posted last night about this but someone deleted it, someone dont wanna admit the truth...

Its called dynamic priceing, its a big conspericy that EA is behind, the more you buy the more it cost, a jam table that cost you 44k yesterday from buy mode will cost you more tomorrow, bassed on the amount you buy...

they want you spending real cash in ATM's to get the fake cash you need to buy mode this crap... its not the fualt of people who brought stuff over from other city's...

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt evenknow other ppl can delete your comments unless there rude, but then if that was the case they would tell you im sure. yeah they did that to mine when i made a comment regarding the same thing.

P

PJ EST

Hey, I haven't even thought of crafting in TC3, so I never trashed anything, but I do know my stuff on my lots is getting pretty old, so I might just trash some of the items and replace them (if I can afford it lol) I will look you up in TC3. Sorry it took me so long to get back to this, I've been a stratics poster for a while, but am just now getting the hang of HOW to come back to my own posts. LOL

P

PJ EST

I thought the dynamic pricing wasn't based on the amount purchased, but rather the amount of the same OBJECT being in the game. Some of those items like pianos, craft benches, pizza tables, fountains, what nots, were not purchased under this economy, but they are the reason this economy has such high purchasing prices. Since they let us come over with those objects, WHY are they counting those objects? I don't know. Perhaps they need to only count the PURCHASED objects that are PURCHASED with THIS economy, and NOT the amount of ITEMS in the economy. That is the main problem.

P

PJ EST

People have to have more objects in EA-Land..DUH.. IF I allow 30 sims to enter a property in Ealand, and 35 sims enter into TC3...UM the max in the old game was 18-22. That means I need for a minimum at least 10 more of each type of money object on which I want my clients to be able to make money . When I look at my money house post merge, I realized I didn't have enough money objects set up, so I went looking and put enough jam tables out. IF you to count all the sims who have money lots, and stores and back up inventory they were ready to sell to sims like me, then that explains the need for those items. What is NOT making sense is the RATES of the dynamics being applied. They are set to high or something. Or maybe they shouldn't have included all of the items from PRE Merged sims into those dynamics.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

People have to have more objects in EA-Land..DUH.. IF I allow 30 sims to enter a property in Ealand, and 35 sims enter into TC3...UM the max in the old game was 18-22. That means I need for a minimum at least 10 more of each type of money object on which I want my clients to be able to make money . When I look at my money house post merge, I realized I didn't have enough money objects set up, so I went looking and put enough jam tables out. IF you to count all the sims who have money lots, and stores and back up inventory they were ready to sell to sims like me, then that explains the need for those items. What is NOT making sense is the RATES of the dynamics being applied. They are set to high or something. Or maybe they shouldn't have included all of the items from PRE Merged sims into those dynamics.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I know about dynamic pricing.

The more of one object exists the more it costs.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Day 9...

And I still have not appeared on the 100's list nor the map.

I'm getting pissed .....

G

I had one of my roomies bring a couple of her alternate sims on our lot... and you do still show up on map filters with 3 or more ppl there.

Within 2 days, we were already #79 on the top 100.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I don't have a "couple alternative sims" to bring... so I must hope that I get actual visitors that stay long which they do not and I get very few.

G

Well... you don't have ANYONE you know on the game with a few alternate sims who would be willing to let them hide in your store for awhile?

Or even like 3 friends would would be able to hang out for a few hours?

Come to think of it... I read a post you made on the "roll call" thread... and you have several sims... I bookmarked you because I thought we were going to do the "help eachother get on the top 100" thing, and I could have swore you had more than one logged on at once... but I could be wrong.

And also, seems like stores would be the hardest to get/keep on the top 100 because people usually stop in, either buy what they need or don't see what they need, then leave right away.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

The group will be meeting will have its first meeting on friday.

I have 2 accounts but its not going to do much for me. All of my friends are usually offline for some reason when I have time to play, me and my roommate are on but roommates don't count towards visitor hours so 1 of my sims wont do anything. So I literally don't have anyone right now.

G

Hmm... well that is tough then... hopefully the group thing works out for ya, though.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

lol its now day 11...!!

Still not on the list nor map....!