• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-LAND HEADING FOR A DEPRESSION AND MOST STORES AGREE

• Thread starter independent117
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

independent117

AND on top of that they lowerd our payouts, i went to 3 stores and they all wernt letting anyone in because they were afraid of ppl buying everything while they still had chance. see this is like in RL when ppl go into stores and buy everything because of that 2000 air thing. remember when 2000 hit and EVERYONE WAS LIKE " OMG ITS THE END" LOL ITS LIKE THAT

i have sold 30items in ONE HR

P

PJ EST

YES we sold ALL of our kitchen and bath items in the blink of an eye and then we couldn't restock them..ROFL because I couldn't afford to

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

YES we sold ALL of our kitchen and bath items in the blink of an eye and then we couldn't restock them..ROFL because I couldn't afford to

[/ QUOTE ]

see and stores are closing and TSO doesnt pay attention to it. we cant restock THEY KNOW THIS. we cant trade a new item for the value of an wore out item. unless you bought a bran new item, everyone has wear and bad. and if there good wear THEN WE TRADE IN THE FIRST PLACE. and you cant say hey i'll trade you this cage for this bookcase if the bookcase is worth less then the cage, ya know?

G

*TTL*

The way I see it is this. Players knew we were going to merge with inventory and no money so they spent money on inventory. Much of the money that was spent prior to the merge was exploit money. Since there was no way to smuggle the cash into the new city they purchased goods and in effect smuggled it in that way. True that was a perfectly legal thing to do but even legal actions often have consequences. In this case everyone is suffering because some players were selfish enough to bring several lots full of items so "they didnt have to suffer in the new city".

Nothing will change until the player base grows enough to absorb all the excess merchandise or the excess merchandise is deleted from the game.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

The way I see it is this. Players knew we were going to merge with inventory and no money so they spent money on inventory. Much of the money that was spent prior to the merge was exploit money. Since there was no way to smuggle the cash into the new city they purchased goods and in effect smuggled it in that way. True that was a perfectly legal thing to do but even legal actions often have consequences. In this case everyone is suffering because some players were selfish enough to bring several lots full of items so "they didnt have to suffer in the new city".

Nothing will change until the player base grows enough to absorb all the excess merchandise or the excess merchandise is deleted from the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey nikki, why cant tso just fix the problem like they did with that one bug that took 24hrs that made money comeback when selling items;

P

PJ EST

Because Independent, they don't consider this a bug. They fully intended this to happen. They just didn't expect the extremes that have happened, in our case.

I

independent117

did tso not remember yr 2000 lmao....this game is supposed to be like RL well lets remember what happend when that happend in real life then think ....hmm maybe it might happen int he game too lol

well im not gonna just trade to ppl who keep trying to scam, and you know there are tons of ppl who do

altho i dont know how they would, considering you have to push that x's mark too lol

P

PJ EST

No one can delete any of the OLD objects...becuase if they did they would need to BUY a new one and they can't find a store owner who can afford to BUY a new one for them...another point to make about this problem.. lol

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

AND on top of that they lowerd our payouts, i went to 3 stores and they all wernt letting anyone in because they were afraid of ppl buying everything while they still had chance. see this is like in RL when ppl go into stores and buy everything because of that 2000 air thing. remember when 2000 hit and EVERYONE WAS LIKE " OMG ITS THE END" LOL ITS LIKE THAT

[/ QUOTE ]

:O I sold 3 items since my store opened lol

I invite anyone who wants to to come buy out my store lol

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but your one of those ppl who did the lots full of items as well as another lot full of them. so yeah i can see you having fun with all your little lots full of items, but when they run out and ppl still havent deleted there items, what are you gonna do then

THATS THE POINT. WE ALL ARENT GONNA JUST "RUN" OUT OF OBJECTS AT THE SAME TIME. NOBODY IS GONNA DELETE THEM WHEN THEY KNOW PPL WILL BUYTHEM. BUT THEY ARE AFRAID TO OPEN THERE SHOPS BECAUSE THEY DONT WANAN LOSE THERE ITEMS CAUSING THEM TO HAVE TO EAITHER RESTOCK THOSE CRAZY PRICES OR CLOSE DOWN.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Because Independent, they don't consider this a bug. They fully intended this to happen. They just didn't expect the extremes that have happened, in our case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but your one of those ppl who did the lots full of items as well as another lot full of them. so yeah i can see you having fun with all your little lots full of items, but when they run out and ppl still havent deleted there items, what are you gonna do then

THATS THE POINT. WE ALL ARENT GONNA JUST "RUN" OUT OF OBJECTS AT THE SAME TIME. NOBODY IS GONNA DELETE THEM WHEN THEY KNOW PPL WILL BUYTHEM. BUT THEY ARE AFRAID TO OPEN THERE SHOPS BECAUSE THEY DONT WANAN LOSE THERE ITEMS CAUSING THEM TO HAVE TO EAITHER RESTOCK THOSE CRAZY PRICES OR CLOSE DOWN.

[/ QUOTE ]

What i'll do is leave the store biz ( i don't like it very much, I find it a bit boring but it does make a profit ) or make some CC. Since i know how to make at least a few things im still a beginner lol.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What i'll do is leave the store biz ( i don't like it very much ) or make some CC. Since i know how to make at least a few things im still a beginner lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

i notice a lot of stores are just "giving up" if they have to restock. some have already changed catagories due to the prices difference. but im not gonna give up. but im also not gonna give in to there demands. what would they do if store owners closed down and just made money(over whatever) as like a boycought thing...like what would tso do. becasue they know that once one catagory closes down it makes it hard for the rest to survive, then they'd have to ATLEASET ME US HALF WAY. then we can figure the rest out by our selves. but they have made in inpossible wiht the low payouts, no more skill bonus or house bonus. as well as the amazing price difference and lack of discount prices lol

just HOW are we supposed to survive here, ah yes PIZZA BUT WHAT HAPPENDS WHEN MOST OF THE PPIZZA PLACES BREAK THERE PIZZA'S AND STORE OWNERS NAME THERE PRICE AND ITS HIGH ( because of the catalog prices) ...then what?

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not really selfishness, its more like being smart. I mean, I made my $ by selling rares I held on to. Im 99.9% sure that the money used by others to buy my rares was exploit money.

And I never spent it because I never wanted to spend it for a $300 million simolean St. Bernard. And since I never spent any of the $ I made by selling rares, I just decided to stock up.

Now anyone could have done this, 97% (using the #'s luc gave us long ago ) of the population had more than 10 Million simoleans, In total I brought what would have been worth 1.7 million simoleans (including rares, excluding trees).

So 97% of players could have done the same thing, no need for the blame game.
My original plans for EA Land was to start a business which sold goods for cheap and take the money made of the store to buy lots when the mutli-lot feature was implemented and start a real estate service.

In RL, if you were to give up a fortune of $600,000,000 to move to a new land, but you could bring anything you wanted, wouldn't you buy things and then sell them in the new location?

Im sure most of us would....!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What i'll do is leave the store biz ( i don't like it very much ) or make some CC. Since i know how to make at least a few things im still a beginner lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

i notice a lot of stores are just "giving up" if they have to restock. some have already changed catagories due to the prices difference. but im not gonna give up. but im also not gonna give in to there demands. what would they do if store owners closed down and just made money(over whatever) as like a boycought thing...like what would tso do. becasue they know that once one catagory closes down it makes it hard for the rest to survive, then they'd have to ATLEASET ME US HALF WAY. then we can figure the rest out by our selves. but they have made in inpossible wiht the low payouts, no more skill bonus or house bonus. as well as the amazing price difference and lack of discount prices lol

just HOW are we supposed to survive here, ah yes PIZZA BUT WHAT HAPPENDS WHEN MOST OF THE PPIZZA PLACES BREAK THERE PIZZA'S AND STORE OWNERS NAME THERE PRICE AND ITS HIGH ( because of the catalog prices) ...then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Another thing that is a good option,

Many stores that brought in items during the merge are selling for extremely low prices, why not buy from them, then resell in your lot for more to make a profit. Everyone wins!

I

independent117

[/ QUOTE ]

well what do you think of this you guys, REALLY READ IT because its the truth of whats gonna happen

G

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and also why the devs would be perfectly justified in deleting any item in an inventory that cannot be traced as having been bought in either EA Land or TC3 originally, which they have the full capacity to be able to do. If I'd had any idea that allowing sims to chock their inventories before they hopped on bullet trains or waited for merges was going to be so detrimental I would have suggested this idea on the front end instead of now. Now that this has happened and sims have proven by words and actions that they are too self-serving to correct it, then the devs might have to step in and do it for them.....this would in fact answer the cries of all the sims who are now saying "FIX IT DEVS, FIX IT!!!" wouldn't it?

Be careful what you wish forrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............LOL

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and also why the devs would be perfectly justified in deleting any item in an inventory that cannot be traced as having been bought in either EA Land or TC3 originally, which they have the full capacity to be able to do. If I'd had any idea that allowing sims to chock their inventories before they hopped on bullet trains or waited for merges was going to be so detrimental I would have suggested this idea on the front end instead of now. Now that this has happened and sims have proven by words and actions that they are too self-serving to correct it, then the devs might have to step in and do it for them.....this would in fact answer the cries of all the sims who are now saying "FIX IT DEVS, FIX IT!!!" wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Another thing that I have noticed about humans in general.

Is that, we tend to stick to our own sides, if for example, I (who brought 2 lots full of items) will defend (like I am right now) the people who brought the items because in my opinion it was smart thinking.

But those who did not, and wish they did, will play the blame game and begin lashing out at those who brought things.

I admit that I am biased because I am defending what I did.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All that would do is force them to open EA run stores sooner.....it would not do anything to *stick it to them* in any other way. Anybody who thinks they have the power to do that on this level has delusions of grandeur. LOL

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hate to break it to ya but if devs did that i garentee you PPL WILL LEAVE. becasue not only would they have to delete just storeitems, but there rares too. and PPL WOULD BE BEYOND MAD.....heck ppl are already canceling there account at just the START of the problem, if the did that, yeah then the game would slowly turn into the old tso version where TC was a ghost town...

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If the majority of store owners go on a boycott, that would only encourage the store owners who don't goon a boycott to raise prices so they could make a bigger profit. Or make them slash prices so they sell more but still make a profit. It would not help the cause, it would just make the store business boom.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All that would do is force them to open EA run stores sooner.....it would not do anything to *stick it to them* in any other way. Anybody who thinks they have the power to do that on this level has delusions of grandeur. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another thing that I have noticed about humans in general.

Is that, we tend to stick to our own sides, if for example, I (who brought 2 lots full of items) will defend (like I am right now) the people who brought the items because in my opinion it was smart thinking.

But those who did not, and wish they did, will play the blame game and begin lashing out at those who brought things.

I admit that I am biased because I am defending what I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

my other sim did not evenknowing it. i had stock my house and my iventory LIKE ANY STORE HOUSE DOES LOL. but then stoped play and then re activated it and didnt ever really play it. then the merge came and here i am with a bunch of stuff. but i gave half of it to my other sims. so i dont have that much left for selling. BETTER THEN JUST DELETING IT

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not really selfishness, its more like being smart. I mean, I made my $ by selling rares I held on to. Im 99.9% sure that the money used by others to buy my rares was exploit money.

And I never spent it because I never wanted to spend it for a $300 million simolean St. Bernard. And since I never spent any of the $ I made by selling rares, I just decided to stock up.

Now anyone could have done this, 97% (using the #'s luc gave us long ago ) of the population had more than 10 Million simoleans, In total I brought what would have been worth 1.7 million simoleans (including rares, excluding trees).

My original plans for EA Land was to start a business which sold goods for cheap and take the money made of the store to buy lots when the mutli-lot feature was implemented and start a real estate service.

In RL, if you were to give up a fortune of $600,000,000 to move to a new land, but you could bring anything you wanted, wouldn't you buy things and then sell them in the new location?

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying that you are 99.9% sure that the money used to buy your rares was exploit money is saying that you (indirectly) took part in the exploiting. Great, at least you can admit it, that gives you character points that some others don't have who can't admit they cheat, but still you're part of the problem. The question is now do you want to continue to be part of the problem or do you want to be part of the solution. THERE IS NO IN-BETWEEN. Choose your side and wear the badge proudly, but know that everybody who chooses to be a part of the problem from this point forward will have to be able to look at themselves and say that they helped kill a game that we all love. I'm not willing to say that, so I'm not going to be part of the problem....what's your choice going to be? Not just you, but everybody who falls into the same class as you, of people who gained exploit money and knew damn well that it was exploit money, but considered it 'clean' when it got into their hands because they did not directly partake in the exploit. Guilt by association is still guilt, IMO.

I

independent117

carrie you said you own a store right? do you sell CC's or items? how much items do you have left...like enough to restock from your inventory?

P

PJ EST

You know, now that I understand this MUCH better TODAY having read the posts and all, I think I will just delete all of my store inventory. Yes, I think EA DEVS made a mistake NOT talking to us and warning us HOW the economy would work. That is the ONLY thing I am saying that I am totally baffled by. I would think they want the game to work, then why not explain to the general population what needs to be done? That's all I am saying. ANYONE WHO PLAYED IN PRODUCTION CITIES&gt;&gt;&gt;YOUR ITEMS ARE TAINTED with EXPLOIT MONEY&gt; NO matter if you were honest, or not. Just having bought something that someone else bought with exploit money at a lower price, etc etc...etc..having money given to you in production cities to BUY those objects...so I say get rid of ALL of the production city objects. SEE what happens. IT's a game. IF it doesn't help, and I don't see an improvement soon, then like the rest of the players, you will see a drop off of sims playing the game, and like a snow ball...if they stop playing they will stop paying.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying that you are 99.9% sure that the money used to buy your rares was exploit money is saying that you (indirectly) took part in the exploiting. Great, at least you can admit it, that gives you character points that some others don't have who can't admit they cheat, but still you're part of the problem. The question is now do you want to continue to be part of the problem or do you want to be part of the solution. THERE IS NO IN-BETWEEN. Choose your side and wear the badge proudly, but know that everybody who chooses to be a part of the problem from this point forward will have to be able to look at themselves and say that they helped kill a game that we all love. I'm not willing to say that, so I'm not going to be part of the problem....what's your choice going to be? Not just you, but everybody who falls into the same class as you, of people who gained exploit money and knew damn well that it was exploit money, but considered it 'clean' when it got into their hands because they did not directly partake in the exploit. Guilt by association is still guilt, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost all of the money used to buy any object in AV or BF, from any person was exploit money. Much of us were unaware of it until the exploit news broke, and then even more people used it to make a fortune.

I knew danm well just like all the others who did trades, who sold their items (rare or regular) in stores, who provided services for a fee (house designers). So in your opinion, it would classify most if not all of the TSO population as cheaters

Did you provide a service in the old tso? Did you make any money from selling items, or designing houses, did you do any transfers or trades, did you barter at all.

If you did, it is more than likely that you, also were given money that came from the exploit.
So it was nearly impossible to not get infected with exploit money.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm having a bit of a struggle with this.
Catalogue prices across the board have jumped as much as 300% in one day.
The concept of supply and demand simply would not produce such a result - especially such a near uniform application.
Even if we believe there was an equal number of each catalogue item brought from merging cities, from hay bales to large fountains, the numbers necessary to drive prices into orbit overnight would have to be phenomonal.
It is the same, in principle, for payouts - and is the basis of "Dynamic Pricing".

The devs said a long time ago that they would be managing pricing and payouts manually for awhile, and I think that is what is being done here.

Either that or the worst economic algorithm ever devised.

If the former, there must be a reason - although I can not imagine what positive result they expect.

If the latter - then somebody needs to disable that sucker.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Maybe they should just lower the prices of objects manually.

I

independent117

you mean tso? or us stores?

if you mean tso, they wont. they planned on this happening

G

<blockquote><hr>

If the former, there must be a reason - although I can not imagine what positive result they expect.

[/ QUOTE ]Just a thought...

The biggest problem in the production cities was runaway inflation due to the simolean flood. Right now, our biggest problem in EAL is very difficult to explain in RL economic terms, but it is essentially runaway inflation due to object flood. The reason for the high catalog prices (coupled with low payout) may be EA's method of trying to deal with the flood. This makes sense when you consider that all of these objects represent old-world simoleans that can be liquidated and cashed out when the cash-out option comes. By keeping catalog prices high, it discourages anyone from adding to the problem, and the low payouts discourage any "entrepeneurs" from capitalizing on the high catalog prices.

The quickest, easiest way to make this problem go away is to make all the excess objects go away; however, after reading all of the comments in this thread, it has become apparent that we're going to be in this for the long haul.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Just a thought...

The biggest problem in the production cities was runaway inflation due to the simolean flood. Right now, our biggest problem in EAL is very difficult to explain in RL economic terms, but it is essentially runaway inflation due to object flood. The reason for the high catalog prices (coupled with low payout) may be EA's method of trying to deal with the flood. This makes sense when you consider that all of these objects represent old-world simoleans that can be liquidated and cashed out when the cash-out option comes. By keeping catalog prices high, it discourages anyone from adding to the problem, and the low payouts discourage any "entrepeneurs" from capitalizing on the high catalog prices.

The quickest, easiest way to make this problem go away is to make all the excess objects go away; however, after reading all of the comments in this thread, it has become apparent that we're going to be in this for the long haul.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i went to the ea town hall meeting today and asked ppl came in and bought all my items like a mad man, what do i do, close it down? and she just said eaither find somebody who is willing to pay to price of the new restock prices or switch.....what kinda responce is that. if every store just "switched" there would just be the CC's stores. and not even they will be able to restock the basic greening items lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

well i went to the ea town hall meeting today and asked ppl came in and bought all my items like a mad man, what do i do, close it down? and she just said eaither find somebody who is willing to pay to price of the new restock prices or switch.....what kinda responce is that. if every store just "switched" there would just be the CC's stores. and not even they will be able to restock the basic greening items lol

[/ QUOTE ]Can you say that again - in English this time? If I read that the way I understand, I'm not able to see how this is a big deal.

The city is crawling with "basic greening items". If every store in EAL stopped selling new ones, I doubt seriously that anyone would notice; at least not until people start scrapping their overworn items and ridding the city of the excess.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Can you say that again - in English this time? If I read that the way I understand, I'm not able to see how this is a big deal.

The city is crawling with "basic greening items". If every store in EAL stopped selling new ones, I doubt seriously that anyone would notice; at least not until people start scrapping their overworn items and ridding the city of the excess.

[/ QUOTE ]

really considering ppl have have bought oh idk...10 toilets 5 beds, 8 showers. seems to me that as more ppl buy houses, more greening items will be needed lol

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

and so are you saying that we all just say goodbye to normal stores and stick with CC's becasue thats almost the way you put it lol.

G

just hitting reply . . .
My store has no visitors . . . waiting on CC . . . wondering if we will ever be able to CC the money and skill objects that would actually function. The decor on lots would be so much cooler. Maybe it would only cost the cost of kb, which would make the future a lot sunnier.

G

glass_angel

crawling with basics? umm no....look at the thread afkers in stores on page 2. the one couldnt find a pet bowl and the one who started it couldnt find something else. there is NOT this "excess" of basic items as everyone seems to think there is...
look at alot of the bios...they are selling used stuff just as much as new AND you have places buying the old used stuff....scrapping? have you? would you when you can get money for it?

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

crawling with basics? umm no....look at the thread afkers in stores on page 2. the one couldnt find a pet bowl and the one who started it couldnt find something else. there is NOT this "excess" of basic items as everyone seems to think there is...
look at alot of the bios...they are selling used stuff just as much as new AND you have places buying the old used stuff....scrapping? have you? would you when you can get money for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

there just trying to slowly get rid of all "normal" stores so they can have there cute little CC's ..i love them to death to but , come on we SO dont have an overload of them. because from the ppl who brought of things from other cities. most of them brough the most expensive stuff thinking we could sell it back to get money. you tso ppl said it yourself lol and last time i checked a tiolet isnt that expensive, well now it is but back then it wasnt.

and every lot i go to they seem to be running out of toilets left and right. maybe im not looking in the right places but thats just from what i've seen and those stores count for something ya know.

G

I own a store and I am not away from keys and was not polled.

AnnieKins ... talk to me. Your poll is not accurate.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I own a store and I am not away from keys and was not polled.

AnnieKins ... talk to me. Your poll is not accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pwnd.

G

yep its heading for a depression, i brought countless items over from jp, av, and bf... selling for a rediculously low price and still not selling much... havent got the slightest ideal how im gonna restock, after the items i brought over with me are gone... their gonna have to lower buy mode prices, or raise the payouts on money items and jobs, im thinking about locking up my store, till they get a fix on the economy... my advice is REVOLT... ALL STORE OWNERS SHUT DOWN YOUR STORES, get a job in bot factory... if all the stores shut down for a week or so ea would be forced into addressing the issue....

I

independent117

k fair enough. so once your store reaches the point where you have to to restock, can you?

G

<blockquote><hr>

yep its heading for a depression, i brought countless items over from jp, av, and bf... selling for a rediculously low price and still not selling much... havent got the slightest ideal how im gonna restock, after the items i brought over with me are gone... their gonna have to lower buy mode prices, or raise the payouts on money items and jobs, im thinking about locking up my store, till they get a fix on the economy... my advice is REVOLT... ALL STORE OWNERS SHUT DOWN YOUR STORES, get a job in bot factory... if all the stores shut down for a week or so ea would be forced into addressing the issue....

[/ QUOTE ]

No, others will just open in your place.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

good idea and no they wont open up in our place considering THEY WONT BE ABLE TO RESTOCK TOO LMAO HINTS THE PROBLEM LOL

G

glass_angel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and sell what other than custom content? 5k litter boxes? 49k jam tables? 6.4k showers? (which i might add are now the most expensive in the appliance category) when they run out of items, which is happening with some things....the normal stores selling catalogue items wont be able to restock.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and sell what other than custom content? 5k litter boxes? 49k jam tables? 6.4k showers? (which i might add are now the most expensive in the appliance category) when they run out of items, which is happening with some things....the normal stores selling catalogue items wont be able to restock.

[/ QUOTE ]

again hints the PROBLEM but im tellin you guys, they are trying to take outs normal store out of busines. thts why they dont care of we switch or close. ....and i'd like to see somebody replace us and FILL the whole store with BRAND NEW ( NOT FROM OTHER CITIES) ITEMS . they cant do it . and i'll raise the bet. AND PPL BUY THE INSANE PRICES THAT COME WITH THE ITEM. becasue you know they wont sell the item wiht the same prices we have now. they wont make a profit that way

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost all of the money used to buy any object in AV or BF, from any person was exploit money. Much of us were unaware of it until the exploit news broke, and then even more people used it to make a fortune.

I knew danm well just like all the others who did trades, who sold their items (rare or regular) in stores, who provided services for a fee (house designers). So in your opinion, it would classify most if not all of the TSO population as cheaters

Did you provide a service in the old tso? Did you make any money from selling items, or designing houses, did you do any transfers or trades, did you barter at all.

If you did, it is more than likely that you, also were given money that came from the exploit.
So it was nearly impossible to not get infected with exploit money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did and yes I hold myself culpable for that just as I do anybody else, but I did not come over from the production cities with an inventory chug full of objects BECAUSE of that fact. I let EA wipe that money because you're right, almost every simolean was exploit money at that point, so yeah let them wipe it. If I had been ignorant of that fact, and found out after the merges, then I'd follow the same course of action that PJ said she's going to follow, I'd get rid of that merchandise because it is ill-gotten at this point. It's kinda like selling stolen goods in RL or selling goods that you bought with drug money or something. Nobody really *earned* that money in the old game toward the end, therefore deleting the inventory should not be as big a deal as players are making it out to be, especially if it gets the results that EVERYBODY wants, the economy back in line like it should be.

I applaud anybody who puts their own interests aside and does this, for I truly believe that it will help this game as a whole if they do, but how much it will help is all dependent on how many people get on board with it. Just like I said last night......be a part of the problem or be a part of the solution.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

my advice is REVOLT... ALL STORE OWNERS SHUT DOWN YOUR STORES, get a job in bot factory... if all the stores shut down for a week or so ea would be forced into addressing the issue....

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again....

This would cause the store bizz to boom. The less stores their are the greater the demand. That could make others price there things at higher prices or lower prices to sell more and make a profit.

It would not help at all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

my advice is REVOLT... ALL STORE OWNERS SHUT DOWN YOUR STORES, get a job in bot factory... if all the stores shut down for a week or so ea would be forced into addressing the issue....

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again....

This would cause the store bizz to boom. The less stores their are the greater the demand. That could make others price there things at higher prices or lower prices to sell more and make a profit.

It would not help at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhh let them think they can do it, its just more business for you and others who know they can't and therefore won't shut your own doors. We have an overabundance of stores anyway, and alot of properties are now buying CC items to green with because they are sick and tired of seeing blue moroccan furniture everywhere, so even *if* they are trying to get rid of the everday stores so freaking what....about the only greening items that can't be custom crafted or cc'd is showers and toilets and it would not surprise me if we are able to recolor them through cc soon as well, in fact, I hope for it.