• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-LAND HEADING FOR A DEPRESSION AND MOST STORES AGREE

• Thread starter independent117
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

my advice is REVOLT... ALL STORE OWNERS SHUT DOWN YOUR STORES, get a job in bot factory... if all the stores shut down for a week or so ea would be forced into addressing the issue....

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again....

This would cause the store bizz to boom. The less stores their are the greater the demand. That could make others price there things at higher prices or lower prices to sell more and make a profit.

It would not help at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhh let them think they can do it, its just more business for you and others who know they can't and therefore won't shut your own doors. We have an overabundance of stores anyway, and alot of properties are now buying CC items to green with because they are sick and tired of seeing blue moroccan furniture everywhere, so even *if* they are trying to get rid of the everday stores so freaking what....about the only greening items that can't be custom crafted or cc'd is showers and toilets and it would not surprise me if we are able to recolor them through cc soon as well, in fact, I hope for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fine its settled thank you hun. im shutting down my stores and im just gonna keep making money. that way i can still make just as much profit as the ones who stay open AND ON TOP OF THAT I CAN SIT BACK AT WATCH PPL COMPIAN THE PRICES ARE TOO HIGH BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE SO COMPETITIVE.

CAUSING TSO TO LOOK AT THE PROBLEM

ps. and for all the ppl who have shut down the business i will open up my money house to you and we'll do payouts and all that and then just keep making money until tso fixes it. when we open up we can restock andnot be broke : )

im not doing stupid CC's i think there cute but they just sit there lol and on top of that i think they cause lag

G

glass_angel

shhhh let them think they can do it, its just more business for you and others who know they can't and therefore won't shut your own doors. We have an overabundance of stores anyway, and alot of properties are now buying CC items to green with because they are sick and tired of seeing blue moroccan furniture everywhere, so even *if* they are trying to get rid of the everday stores so freaking what....about the only greening items that can't be custom crafted or cc'd is showers and toilets and it would not surprise me if we are able to recolor them through cc soon as well, in fact, I hope for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we have an overabundance of more than just stores that can barely make it to the lists...it doesnt mean they should just shut down nor do ou hear anyone saying we have too many of them!
yes, the blue furniture is old...but people still buy it, still look for it....
i dot think this is as much about furniture as it is about the real basics, jam tables, the toilets and showers, refridgerators etc....it would be great if u can do all of them CC then the prices wouldnt be such a big deal except to the places that dont know or dont buy CC from other people to sell. i have a store, and with 3 different kinds of mirrors in my house, i couldnt offer 1 that cost less than $983 my cost. so he is looking to do a skill house....he needs 30k to stock the mirrors alone? and not even the good ones? with nothing going down in price by the time he gets his 30k for those mirrors, they will be up to 14k (7k at 50% off) like the most expensive ones

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we have an overabundance of more than just stores that can barely make it to the lists...it doesnt mean they should just shut down nor do ou hear anyone saying we have too many of them!
yes, the blue furniture is old...but people still buy it, still look for it....
i dot think this is as much about furniture as it is about the real basics, jam tables, the toilets and showers, refridgerators etc....it would be great if u can do all of them CC then the prices wouldnt be such a big deal except to the places that dont know or dont buy CC from other people to sell. i have a store, and with 3 different kinds of mirrors in my house, i couldnt offer 1 that cost less than $983 my cost. so he is looking to do a skill house....he needs 30k to stock the mirrors alone? and not even the good ones? with nothing going down in price by the time he gets his 30k for those mirrors, they will be up to 14k (7k at 50% off) like the most expensive ones

[/ QUOTE ]

its stupid, nobody cares abt it im on tso right now and ppl are mad that other sims ppl are saying...who cares its not a problem....

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, others will just open in your place.

and sell what other than custom content? 5k litter boxes? 49k jam tables? 6.4k showers? (which i might add are now the most expensive in the appliance category) when they run out of items, which is happening with some things....the normal stores selling catalogue items wont be able to restock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um I own a store that transferred over from JP. I have all sorts of stock sitting in my inventory just for the fun of it. I have no intention of opening. But... if all stores were to close... I'd see this as an incredible opportunity to make some money...

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

and sell what other than custom content? 5k litter boxes? 49k jam tables? 6.4k showers? (which i might add are now the most expensive in the appliance category) when they run out of items, which is happening with some things....the normal stores selling catalogue items wont be able to restock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um I own a store that transferred over from JP. I have all sorts of stock sitting in my inventory just for the fun of it. I have no intention of opening. But... if all stores were to close... I'd see this as an incredible opportunity to make some money...

[/ QUOTE ]

well why dont you delete them like tso says lol why didnt you delete them the other day when we were talking abt this lol

G

Liquidating stock from BF is just a peachy idea..IF there was customers! In BF I was always in the top 30 stores, on average. Here..I can't even get on the map...even if ..by some miracle..sims DO find me..it doesn't seem to matter. So liquidating is a fine idea...BUT this influx of stores from all the cities is part of what the problem is. If you don't make the list..you don't get the customers...it is a fish eating it's own tail. The possible answer I see is to make the list longer..at least for stores....of which there is an abundance in EA land. This is a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation..and it stinks.
The second problem is the crazy pricing on stuff now...I am selling pianos very cheap because who on earth has 100k to pay for ONE piano????

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well why dont you delete them like tso says lol why didnt you delete them the other day when we were talking abt this lol

[/ QUOTE ]

um no lolz.

Then how will I make money when you all close?

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

um no lolz.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait so your not selling the items eaither, but i thought it was the "right" thing to do being that this is the only reason why we are having prices so HIGH so wouldnt that mean sence?

I

independent117

because remember these are the items tso has asked us to delete, so why wouldnt you do as he asks? maybe for the same reason all the stores are saying no lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

because remember these are the items tso has asked us to delete, so why wouldnt you do as he asks? maybe for the same reason all the stores are saying no lol

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c if TSO asked me to jump off a bridge I wouldn't listen either.

I assure you I own no jam tables or w/e else it is that is high priced...

I use storage. But I got enough stuff to sell when you guys close down.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so then why should we delete our items if you the ppl who support tso wont... all im saying is its kinda stupid to tell us to delete our items, but its too late anyways. even if we sell it back , all of it, it wont matter theres already toomuch of it thats been sold to the sims and spread through out ea-land ...so why sell now lol its already too late!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

um no lolz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, great thinking

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't own or stock any skill or money items. The only high priced items I have is the dogs which are 99k im sellin for 350 and craft tables that are 99k im selling for 24k.

The rest are in the range of no more than 3.4k.

If you cant restock, buy from other stores that can, a table that costs $3k I can get a discount for up to $900.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the pot calling the kettle black because you've said you wouldn't do it either so until you decide to bite the bullet and do it you can't really throw the fact that they are not willing to do it either into their face....otherwise it's hypocrisy. It's time for people to literally put their game money where their mouth is. If we want things to change then we have to make them change. What we who don't have an inventory chocked full of stuff can do to foster that change I'm not sure but if I found out I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I KNOW that store owners can do this if they so choose...probably is, nobody's chosing to do it because it's in the *group's* best interest, not the *individuals* and we have become a 'every man for himself' society instead of binding together and making things happen. Until players start functioning as a unit and facilitating change, nothing will get better.

G

Just hitting reply,

Sorry, but did I miss something. Did EA themselves ask people to delete the imports?

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the pot calling the kettle black because you've said you wouldn't do it either so until you decide to bite the bullet and do it you can't really throw the fact that they are not willing to do it either into their face....otherwise it's hypocrisy. It's time for people to literally put their game money where their mouth is. If we want things to change then we have to make them change. What we who don't have an inventory chocked full of stuff can do to foster that change I'm not sure but if I found out I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I KNOW that store owners can do this if they so choose...probably is, nobody's chosing to do it because it's in the *group's* best interest, not the *individuals* and we have become a 'every man for himself' society instead of binding together and making things happen. Until players start functioning as a unit and facilitating change, nothing will get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, i just found out from another thread that all we have to delete is the stuff thats not in the current catalog, well then imgood to go there lol : ) so problem solved on my end : )

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, i just found out from another thread that all we have to delete is the stuff thats not in the current catalog, well then imgood to go there lol : ) so problem solved on my end : )

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get that? The only stuff that needs to remain in circulation from the old cities is *rare* objects that cannot be replaced, mostly pets since doing pet pulls isn't even possible unless you take a loss on the crates until you find your rare, but people aren't gonna pay store owners to do pet pulls for them like that like they would have the old way in the production cities. That's one thing I will miss. There was nothing more thrilling than spending a 5 digit figure on pet crates and literally getting giddy when you came up with a cheetah and squealing with delight if it was a tiger or a robo cat. But yeah, those items nobody expects people to just delete because they are nearly irreplacable. Everything else is very much replaceable 10 fold if it would just be deleted so the economy would reset itself.

N

NightFlyer

..."It's time for people to literally put their game money where their mouth is. "...

Ok, you first, delete everything you own and set the example. You don't need to have a store to add to the over abundance of objects. Any thing you own will do the job and help everyone!

..."What we who don't have an inventory chocked full of stuff can do to foster that change I'm not sure but if I found out I'd do it in a heartbeat"...

See above.

I

independent117

from what i was told its just the stuff tahts no longer in the catalog so idk maybe that as question to ask greg, until then im not gonna delete items that might not be the problem lol

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

..."It's time for people to literally put their game money where their mouth is. "...

Ok, you first, delete everything you own and set the example. You don't need to have a store to add to the over abundance of objects. Any thing you own will do the job and help everyone!

..."What we who don't have an inventory chocked full of stuff can do to foster that change I'm not sure but if I found out I'd do it in a heartbeat"...

See above.

[/ QUOTE ]

and like he said, ok if you guys want us stores to delete everything we bought YOU DO THE SAME, THAT MEANS EVERYTHING YOU BOUGHT BEFORE THE MERGE THAT IS AN ISSUE, hmm lets see now who wants to start deleting things lol

I

independent117

bottom line is everyone needs to delete the items that are causing this problem, not just store owners. so i guess since we ALL know this now.its up to each of us to delete our items we came over here with that is a big issue.....

that was hard to say because if it is items in general then OH WOW LOL because that would be everything i own lol and half of tso would feel the same way

G

deleted because I reposted the edit that this post needed instead of hitting edit
911. Must. Have. Caffeine! LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

See above.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
None of my sims have an abundance of inventory. Only 1 out of 7 (6 TC3, one in EA Land) owns a plot, the other sims are either homeless or are a roomie in that plot of land, which has no building on it and about 8 things that I've accumulated object wise. So even if I deleted everything I had, it wouldn't help.....so my question remains, what can we who don't have a hoarde of objects do to help correct the situation just as we are asking the hoarders to do their parts by deleting their stash. I'm not at all saying I'm not willing to anything and I want others to fix the economy for me, but I honestly have no clue as a set of avatars that have very low net worth can do.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

See above.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
None of my sims have an abundance of inventory. Only 1 out of 7 (6 TC3, one in EA Land) owns a plot, the other sims are either homeless or are a roomie in that plot of land, which has no building on it and about 8 things that I've accumulated object wise. So even if I deleted everything I had, it wouldn't help.....so my question remains, what can we who don't have a hoarde of objects do to help correct the situation just as we are asking the hoarders to do their parts by deleting their stash. I'm not at all saying I'm not willing to anything and I want others to fix the economy for me, but I honestly have no clue as a set of avatars that have very low net worth can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know what to tell you because i only brought one sim from BF from the merge and she had a store but not much of anything really. and i im gonna sell those but thats not gonna help the situation but i guess it doesnt matter because the merge has been over for how long now? add all those hours of play and all the ppl who have boughten the items stores have sold PLUS the sims themselves who just have items that brought along, so idk what ta tell you. my items are just fine and there not even the ones that are on the high price list of the cataloge ...so idk

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

See above.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know what to tell you because i only brought one sim from BF from the merge and she had a store but not much of anything really. and i im gonna sell those but thats not gonna help the situation but i guess it doesnt matter because the merge has been over for how long now? add all those hours of play and all the ppl who have boughten the items stores have sold PLUS the sims themselves who just have items that brought along, so idk what ta tell you. my items are just fine and there not even the ones that are on the high price list of the cataloge ...so idk

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, dumping the inventory from that BF store would be a start, but it is only a beginning. There's players who have said they merged 3 or more properties full of inventories like that, so they too are going to have to step up to the plate and own up to what we now know was a mistake and take it in the rear so to speak to fix things for the duration.....otherwise they can choose not to and here we will sit for an indefinite amount of time in this recession.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

See above.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, dumping the inventory from that BF store would be a start, but it is only a beginning. There's players who have said they merged 3 or more properties full of inventories like that, so they too are going to have to step up to the plate and own up to what we now know was a mistake and take it in the rear so to speak to fix things for the duration.....otherwise they can choose not to and here we will sit for an indefinite amount of time in this recession.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok with the idea solved on that thing, but now what do stores do in the mean time until everything is resolved?

G

UUUUMMMMM opening a second store this week. What is all the crying about. I made the lot a residence for building and stocking. So in 7 days I open.
And no I do not use the ATM. This is really stupid bickering back and forth. Just play the game and have fun. No one has yet contacted me about the poll. I am not AFK and no one asked me how I do it. OK done not checking this post again. I do not like whining. AnnieKins

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

UUUUMMMMM opening a second store this week. What is all the crying about. I made the lot a residence for building and stocking. So in 7 days I open.
And no I do not use the ATM. This is really stupid bickering back and forth. Just play the game and have fun. No one has yet contacted me about the poll. I am not AFK and no one asked me how I do it. OK done not checking this post again. I do not like whining. AnnieKins

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread is also days old lol read from start up and you'd know that and if you read the very first one i said THE STORES I DID QUESTION...not all the stores lol

wow

G

<font color="red"> </font> Why don't u lock this up. It is all invalid

G

That is what I was wondering where they got their info. LMAO This is news to me.

I

independent117

thats not really the point and that was onlly part of the thread,the other half was what we are talking abt now lol they kinda go hand in hand.

and its not up to us to lock it up, they only do that when somebody has broken a rule, no rules have been broken yet

I

independent117

ok so i interview ppl that werent afk that were in stores, thats how ..not that hard to do lol. i and i said the percent of the ppl i interview ....not ALL stores. i doesnt matter if the math part is correct or not the point is that MOST STORES CANT RESTOCK after they run out of there inventory THAT ARENT CC'S

G

The original poster can request to lock a post by changing the title to "please lock" or at least in the title somewhere.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If the former, there must be a reason - although I can not imagine what positive result they expect.

[/ QUOTE ]Just a thought...

The biggest problem in the production cities was runaway inflation due to the simolean flood. Right now, our biggest problem in EAL is very difficult to explain in RL economic terms, but it is essentially runaway inflation due to object flood. The reason for the high catalog prices (coupled with low payout) may be EA's method of trying to deal with the flood. This makes sense when you consider that all of these objects represent old-world simoleans that can be liquidated and cashed out when the cash-out option comes. By keeping catalog prices high, it discourages anyone from adding to the problem, and the low payouts discourage any "entrepeneurs" from capitalizing on the high catalog prices.

The quickest, easiest way to make this problem go away is to make all the excess objects go away; however, after reading all of the comments in this thread, it has become apparent that we're going to be in this for the long haul.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know the theory - and I remember the many threads discussing it. All well and good on the surface.
But, it has deteriorated to the degree that the cure is worse than the disease.
In the past, you have often said that we should not throw the baby out with the bathwater, and that is exactly what I think is happening.
Along with discouraging entrepenuers, it also discourages people from having any fun - or even playing the game at all.

Players are leaving.

The devs need to realize that the current extreme measures are having a negative effect from which the game may not recover. The game candy (mini-games, amnesty, widgets) is not going to keep people occupied for long. They are going to want "Game", and if they don't get it with TSO, they will get it elsewhere.
I support the game, and I support the devs - but they need to get out of this death spiral.

N

NightFlyer

..."The devs need to realize that the current extreme measures are having a negative effect from which the game may not recover. The game candy (mini-games, amnesty, widgets) is not going to keep people occupied for long. They are going to want "Game", and if they don't get it with TSO, they will get it elsewhere.
I support the game, and I support the devs - but they need to get out of this death spiral. "

I couldn't agree more.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The game candy (mini-games, amnesty, widgets) is not going to keep people occupied for long. They are going to want "Game", and if they don't get it with TSO, they will get it elsewhere

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU WIN the "post with the most"! You got it! In essence this is the problem.

I was gone for 15 months while paying my fees so my sims (spank me for the word) wouldn't get deleted. I'm back. I can't stock my store. I am selling items from some of my 6 houses at ridiculously low prices and guess who is buying them? Other stores.

In general, there is nothing NEW to do except custom content. There needs to be game content.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

See above.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok with the idea solved on that thing, but now what do stores do in the mean time until everything is resolved?

[/ QUOTE ]

ONCE store owners get it together and do this, then it will just be a matter of riding it out for a short period of time and watching prices drop like a box of rocks, probably leaving their stores closed for that period of time and going to money houses to make some e.m.u.'s to restock when the prices get back to their usual amount. Within a week of doing that, a store owner could have 25-50k built up, and that will go ALOTTTT farther than the 1 jam table that it will buy now, and will count as a big, big drain usage and therefore not only will the problem of the huge prices be fixed, so will the low payouts because the devs stated that there is a direct correlation between drain usage in the game and payouts being given out. No money being spent = low amount of money that can be earned.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The original poster can request to lock a post by changing the title to "please lock" or at least in the title somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they can't, only in the Swap Meet board does this work because *PLEASE LOCK* means that the transaction they were seeking has been completed, and that forum is not for discussion so once the transaction has been completed there's no reason to leave the thread open leading people to think the person still needs whatever it is they were after.

In all the other forums, the threads do not belong to the person who created them, they belong to the community so not even the creator of the post can request a lock, the mods will only lock it when nothing but fights are occuring and things are too far off track for the thread to ever be productive again. Despite the disagreements and hard-headedness in this thread, we actually have been able to remain civil for the most part, and some points are being acknowledged that previously weren't considered. That menas this thread has not lost productiveness within the community.

Any player is of course free to walk out of any thread they choose to whenever they choose to, and they can even *request* a lock, but chances are they won't get it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If the former, there must be a reason - although I can not imagine what positive result they expect.

[/ QUOTE ]Just a thought...

The biggest problem in the production cities was runaway inflation due to the simolean flood. Right now, our biggest problem in EAL is very difficult to explain in RL economic terms, but it is essentially runaway inflation due to object flood. The reason for the high catalog prices (coupled with low payout) may be EA's method of trying to deal with the flood. This makes sense when you consider that all of these objects represent old-world simoleans that can be liquidated and cashed out when the cash-out option comes. By keeping catalog prices high, it discourages anyone from adding to the problem, and the low payouts discourage any "entrepeneurs" from capitalizing on the high catalog prices.

The quickest, easiest way to make this problem go away is to make all the excess objects go away; however, after reading all of the comments in this thread, it has become apparent that we're going to be in this for the long haul.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know the theory - and I remember the many threads discussing it. All well and good on the surface.
But, it has deteriorated to the degree that the cure is worse than the disease.
In the past, you have often said that we should not throw the baby out with the bathwater, and that is exactly what I think is happening.
Along with discouraging entrepenuers, it also discourages people from having any fun - or even playing the game at all.

Players are leaving.

The devs need to realize that the current extreme measures are having a negative effect from which the game may not recover. The game candy (mini-games, amnesty, widgets) is not going to keep people occupied for long. They are going to want "Game", and if they don't get it with TSO, they will get it elsewhere.
I support the game, and I support the devs - but they need to get out of this death spiral.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Nothing is discouraging entrepreneurs. What they are encouraging is for the players to drive this game and pull together to un-screw things that get screwed up, unless it is such a technical issue that we as players cannot do it, like code corruption or something like that. They are giving us a more active role in the path of this game than we have ever had before...and some players are handling that better than others. *They* don't need to get us out of this death spiral, *WE* need to do it for ourselves because it is 100% within our powers to make it happen, if only they will take responsibility and do what needs to be done. The sooner players make those sacrifices, the sooner we can all get back to recovering those losses, and within 30 days we all can be caught up to where we were before, and maybe even some ahead. But the longer players dig their heels in, the longer that process is going to be delayed to start, and if it doesn't start it can't end.

N

NightFlyer

BLAH BLAH BLAH... Start your sacrificing.

The devs have already proven they manually adjust things. We can do all that and more and if they see fit change things they will regardless.

Side note: Anyone who thinks this even remotely resembles any RL economy is just fooling themselves.

G

<blockquote><hr>

BLAH BLAH BLAH... Start your sacrificing.

The devs have already proven they manually adjust things. We can do all that and more and if they see fit change things they will regardless.

Side note: Anyone who thinks this even remotely resembles any RL economy is just fooling themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they could, but one thing I can guarantee you is that they will not fix for us what we have the power and opportunity to fix for ourselves.

As far as 'starting my sacrificing', if I were in the position of having brought over all the stuff we are talking about, then I assure you I would have no problem 'praticing what I preach' but since I didn't bring in huge inventories full of stuff, I am not part of the problem to begin with. Still, if you can figure out a way for me to help facilitate this change above and beyond what I have already offered to do in my previous posts, I'd be happy to entertain any ideas presented. None of my sims even have ANY items in their inventory except one sim that holds a CC cross that somebody made for me before Easter and another sim who holds her target card for the lava game. Beyond that, my inventories are completely empty, and only one of my sims owns a property and it only has less than 10 objects on it, all but 2 of which are CC. I suppose I could delete those 2 objects just to prove the point, but 2 objects compared to 100s isn't gonna make much difference.

So either suggest to me ways that I can help make this better other than encouraging people who are causing the problem to not do that anymore, or kindly stop acting as if I am trying to get other people to do things that I am not willing to do myself. Stacked up against selfishness, I don't think what I'm doing is all that bad.

G

LOL You could go buy some items that were brought over. Then delete them. Have you deleted your TC3 items? &lt;--Rhetorical

What has given some of the people around here the idea EA wants us to delete our stuff?
Believe it or not some of us were set for sim life, before the exploit. I am not tossing everything of mine cuz some player tells me EA said I should. LMAO My items will get deleted by EA if they want them gone. Along with everyone elses.

G

hear hear, you got that right simone!!
Have some of you forgotten that it IS the DEVELOPERS who are setting up this game exactly as they want it???
There was a whole TESTING merge done with TC3 and the old test center, where hundreds of sims brought over hundreds of items and set up fruit farms and sold items cheaply to make simoleans!!! The Developers watched that happen, and decided it was good plan for EALand, and thats how THEY set up the game for us to play!!!!!!!
All this talk about morals and ethics!! Where in the world are you thinking you should be accusing other players of wrongdoing??? Who made YOU goddess? Newsflash. YOU aren't our boss, you aren't in charge of how we play!!! The Developers are completely responsible for this game and how it's played and they have spoken by making it play as it DOES play. This has been working for them very well as many of you flock to the ATM's to put real cash in their hands to purchase these items with incredibly ridiculous prices that the DEVETLOPERS have decided are right for us and this game!!
This is not a player issue so for heavens sake stop telling everyone to play it the way YOU want them to. sheesh girl, why do you think you are in charge?

edited to clarify that while I replied to simones post, *the one who thinks she's in charge here is not simone, not at all. its the one who feels that she must respond to EVERY thread, every post and everyone, telling us how *she* feels we should all play this game! and gives us her opinion of what she thinks we should all delete* frankly my dear, i don't give a dayam what YOU think but i am mightly bored reading all these posts you are making on every issue!

G

I read some of the posts here and agree with some of them...

But from what i can see here the people who came over from the production citys with stores full of stuff to sell are the ones that are screwing up the economy? is that what im hearing?

Who came up with that? its rediculus...

By that logic my 4 stores FULL of stuff from AV, BF, JP, and IH are all screwing up the economy by haveing all this stuff to sell so that i can get at leats some money in this crazy new world where EA controlls the economy with an iron fist called the ATM... I will not dump my money in to that damn thing...

Well if im understanding this correctly people like me are being blamed for the downfall of "EA"-Land then bring it on, blame me for everything thats gone wrong instead of takeing a good hard look at all the ways "EA" is screwing you...

Frankly this game was better durring the 4 years where they didnt do a damn thing or make any changes, people were all alot happyer...

G

glass_angel

its not just stores though, its easy to say stores...how many stores had people IM them asking htem ot buy a bunch of 1 item because they dont need it?
ANY category could have stocked up and brought over as many items as the sim could put out on their lot and hold in inventory....
its everyone....yes, maybe stores did it more because they knew they needed it to sell but stilll.....anyone with half an ounce of brains and no previous knowledge this would happen...would most likely have done it

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

its not just stores though, its easy to say stores...how many stores had people IM them asking htem ot buy a bunch of 1 item because they dont need it?
ANY category could have stocked up and brought over as many items as the sim could put out on their lot and hold in inventory....
its everyone....yes, maybe stores did it more because they knew they needed it to sell but stilll.....anyone with half an ounce of brains and no previous knowledge this would happen...would most likely have done it

[/ QUOTE ]

not only that glass , ppl are saying we are taking too much, well the thing is we have the same amount of space as you guys do. not all of us have billions of storage to restock our stores. i never even heard of that until somebody commented that lol.

look all were saying ppl is that us "stores" arent the only ones who came with tons of stuff. i was talking to this guy and he was teling me how he has 4 house, 1 is packed with greening,2nd one is pack with skilling, 3rd one is packed wiht money items and the last one was just his crafts that he made...so maybe before you guys point at us....look at what what EVERYONE came with, not just stores

I

imported_MARCIN2006

its day 7 now and I still haven't appeared on the list or map....

G

glass_angel

if they had sub categories and the top 100 lists listing those sub categories, not a general one....you probably would be on that list by now....
or if the list just had the houses online and open.....