• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Commodity Deed Box why ties to vet rewards at all?

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, i completely agree with the OP. When i saw it i was thinking its about time but it really doesn't fit with the vet rewards. I would moreso agree with it being available at the bank for purchase. Most 1st year vets need a soulstone by the time they reach that 1 year mark (and possibly a few fragments as well :coco:).

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish to place a commodity deed box

That is all you should have to do. Making it a vet pick sucks.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am hoping that the only reason EA tied it to the Vet Reward system is so like Dye tubs they can limit the box to be used by players 1 year or older so all the scripters that use the free 30 day accounts will not be able to use it.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope ea keeps it at one year, so its not abused like the 25k free turn-in points were during the last part of the event.

A freebie one time vet bonus I would not mind too much but can live without.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have no problem with using one of my vet rewards to get one...

Oh and btw, sounds to me that people do nothing but move from one house to another. Perhaps you should make up your mind and stay in one spot then if the move is too hard...

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am hoping that the only reason EA tied it to the Vet Reward system is so like Dye tubs they can limit the box to be used by players 1 year or older so all the scripters that use the free 30 day accounts will not be able to use it.
Along with my belief we need more valuable Vet Rewards, I think you may be right on your conjecture.

L

Lord Kynd

Geez! It's a First Year Reward! What's the big deal! If they made it a fifth or higher, I could see complaining, but the fact it's a 1st year reward will effect about 1% of all accounts.
for sake of complaining, or maybe they used all there pick's ?

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the reason not to give us commodity deed boxes is 'throw away scripting account' you cant even own a house till the account is over the minimum for a free account. Also if the scripting was occuring at a house where the owner has a commodity deed box as a reward would this still not cause you the concern you are voicing? Bottom line only ea/mythic can stop scripting with bannings they can't continue to hurt honest players in an attempt to hurt scripters. Atleast with the commodity deed box thingy anyway

I

Infiniti

Hail: Here is the thing, most players use what they get. Most turned in their points, and claimed the rewards, most get vet rewards and then use them It is a vast minority that get rewards, ect, and then sit on them.

So, your acct is 83 months old. It turns 84 tomorrow. Oh yea, i can get that cool tree stump, or the bloody pentagam. But Nooooooo, now you are forced to waste a high end vet reward on a first year reward to get the commodity box.

It should be part of the 11th anvy reward for accounts over 90 days old, or some such thing. Anything except a Vet Reward.......:gun:

AGREED.

C

Connor_Graham

Hail: Here is the thing, most players use what they get. Most turned in their points, and claimed the rewards, most get vet rewards and then use them It is a vast minority that get rewards, ect, and then sit on them.

So, your acct is 83 months old. It turns 84 tomorrow. Oh yea, i can get that cool tree stump, or the bloody pentagam. But Nooooooo, now you are forced to waste a high end vet reward on a first year reward to get the commodity box.

It should be part of the 11th anvy reward for accounts over 90 days old, or some such thing. Anything except a Vet Reward.......:gun:

AGREED.
So if you were to use a 10th year pick on a Soulstone, would that also be a waste of a choice? If so, what is your reasoning?

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's what wrong : it takes 1 vet reward point away. Get the picture?
with all these new rewards coming out eamythic should gives us extra reward pics now and make them retro active. I have a 4 year account that I jsut used the last pick on an ethy andwished I knew about the new rewards coming up.

I know there was the posibilty of 11 year vet rewards coming up but nothing was mentioned about the new "lesser year" rewards too and nothing was mention (at least I havne't heard) about the abiltiy to undeed and redeed commotiy deeds in your home would be a vet reward pick,I thought it was going to be like the salvage bag where you can buy it from an npc.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see nothing wrong with making it a vet reward. It's a first year one, so most of the folks in game will be able to get this very useful item. If your a seasoned vet, there is no such thing as a high end reward or low end reward. Hopefully, you made smart decisions and have a few choices left.

Just because you used your reward(s) up on a deco item, vet robe, soul stone whatever isn't EA's fault. You decided you had to have that weapon engraving tool. That was the priority at the moment. Now you find that you have limited your choices, because you had to have the cannon for you keep. It all boils down to priorities.

For me, I wanted to make sure all my chars had Ethy's. That was my priority. I diligently saved my vet rewards to make sure I would be able to have them. Over the years I was able to acquire Ethy's for my chars without using up many Vet rewards.

The reality of the deal is. There will be some folks that will sell them. You have the choice of buying those or using one of your vet rewards. Since it is a useful item and any vet can get one, there will be quite a few on the market. The box is not account bound. While this isn't known, I assume you can take the box to any of your houses and have an owner place it and use it. So one vet reward for the box that works on all your accounts. Seems like a fair deal to me.

If you are out of Vet Rewards, you decided that something was important and you have used them up. It's not EA's fault that you have now decided that perhaps the redemption box might be more important than whatever you claimed in the past.

For the most part....
Give you guys a pony and you can't say thanks for the pony. All you do is complain that the pony creates manure.

Thanx for the redemption box EA. It will be quite useful. Still working on a Jewelry Box?
Q

-------------
Yes, I'm a Moderator. No I don't moderate here. The opinion expressed above is my own and not a Stratics official statement. Some of you need to review your posts. If more than 50% of them are negative, you could take a day off from complaining / whining once in awhile.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see nothing wrong with making it a vet reward. It's a first year one, so most of the folks in game will be able to get this very useful item. If your a seasoned vet, there is no such thing as a high end reward or low end reward. Hopefully, you made smart decisions and have a few choices left.

Just because you used your reward(s) up on a deco item, vet robe, soul stone whatever isn't EA's fault. You decided you had to have that weapon engraving tool. That was the priority at the moment. Now you find that you have limited your choices, because you had to have the cannon for you keep. It all boils down to priorities.

For me, I wanted to make sure all my chars had Ethy's. That was my priority. I diligently saved my vet rewards to make sure I would be able to have them. Over the years I was able to acquire Ethy's for my chars without using up many Vet rewards.

The reality of the deal is. There will be some folks that will sell them. You have the choice of buying those or using one of your vet rewards. Since it is a useful item and any vet can get one, there will be quite a few on the market. The box is not account bound. While this isn't known, I assume you can take the box to any of your houses and have an owner place it and use it. So one vet reward for the box that works on all your accounts. Seems like a fair deal to me.

If you are out of Vet Rewards, you decided that something was important and you have used them up. It's not EA's fault that you have now decided that perhaps the redemption box might be more important than whatever you claimed in the past.

For the most part....
Give you guys a pony and you can't say thanks for the pony. All you do is complain that the pony creates manure.

Thanx for the redemption box EA. It will be quite useful. Still working on a Jewelry Box?
Q

-------------
Yes, I'm a Moderator. No I don't moderate here. The opinion expressed above is my own and not a Stratics official statement. Some of you need to review your posts. If more than 50% of them are negative, you could take a day off from complaining / whining once in awhile.
I can honestly say you just don't get the point, but you love telling other people they should follow your values. No reward thus far has been a game function. What possible harm could there be to your or anyones gameplay if all houses had a commodity deed box? Should we have needed a vet reward pick to place a trash barrel also?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need to empower resource scripting on throwaway accounts.

Don't you think that it will be rare for a genuine first-year player will ever need to commodify their resources?
That is a very good point.. That was probably what they were thinking.

C

Coppelia

And where comes the nessecity to make it a vet reward rather than an item sold at NPCs like Aquariums?

M

MYUO

Making commodity box a first year award won't hurt scripting at all - the main account behind the scripting account can easily buy or pick the award and place it in the scripter's house. Every once a while, the main account would come to scripter 's house and deed all the logs/ores.

So in a sense, the commodity deed will make a scripter's life a lot easier - they become much mobile, harder to be detected by players (no more million stone weighted box on front steps), and more profitable (selling ore deeds could be a good business).

Now, if dev put a trace on each box and track how many times and how many commodities the box has been used on, that will be a different story.

As for whether the commodity box should be an vet award or freebie, I don't care that much. The box is not account bond so anyone who is not lazy can get one.

L

love2winalot

quote, "So if you were to use a 10th year pick on a Soulstone, would that also be a waste of a choice? If so, what is your reasoning?" end quote

Hail: imhop, I think vet rewards should be permanent. That is, the list for each year should stay the same, and any new rewards get added to the end, 10th yr, 11yrd, 12th yr, and so on. Because you can not redeem already chosen awards.

I, once again my opinion, If the game gives you something, "Vet Rewards" You should be able to use them right away, without having to say, "Hmmm, I think i will hold on to them, in case there are better ones a few years from now".

Also, some vets rewards are deco only, "Banners", and others have an actual use, Soulstones, commodity box, Ankh of sacrafice, and so on. So, in a way, some vet rewards are Better than others. The Commodity Box as a 1st year reward, is better than a Efreet Statue as a 10yr reward. Because it actually does something.

Nobody is going to trade a Commodity Box for any other first year reward straight up.

eve

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My opinion --

Lots has been done to make the game 'easier' -- i.e., the repair deeds. That move changed the nature of social interaction within the game, and granted, made the game easier for some, but was like a kick in the head to many crafters.

As much as I hate trucking resources when moving from house to house; or from bank to house, I see the Commodity Deed Box as another step backwards for UO.

Do we need a quick fix for everything? For those who wish a predominately pvp game, I think you have the wrong game, games for only blood and gore and killing each other are available everywhere. It is the depth of the game that led to UO being such a success for so long; anything done to reduce that depth of play and options is going to hurt the game in the long run.

My first reaction was excitement, and then it dawned on me the big price we paid for the repair deeds......we lost the major reason for speaking to each other...... ironic that we had the bag of sending rendered almost useless; the bos and the box would combine to eliminate the majority of reasons for going to the banks.

and of course i will get the box!!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making commodity box a first year award won't hurt scripting at all - the main account behind the scripting account can easily buy or pick the award and place it in the scripter's house. Every once a while, the main account would come to scripter 's house and deed all the logs/ores.

So in a sense, the commodity deed will make a scripter's life a lot easier - they become much mobile, harder to be detected by players (no more million stone weighted box on front steps), and more profitable (selling ore deeds could be a good business).

Now, if dev put a trace on each box and track how many times and how many commodities the box has been used on, that will be a different story.

As for whether the commodity box should be an vet award or freebie, I don't care that much. The box is not account bond so anyone who is not lazy can get one.
I would hope that the deed box only works for players of 1 year or older, otherwise there's not much use in making it a 1st year reward in the first place.

I can't see the need for all the crying and angst because this box is a vet reward, it's not as if pack critters are going extinct or commodity deeds being removed. When we finally get an item which has been requested for ages, instead of gratitude there's an outbreak of whining by experienced players because a day old newbie can't get a commodity box and has to face the horror of commodity deeds *gasp*. Just as well that new UO players don't start off as seasoned UHallers, because I've yet to meet a genuine new player who complained about a vet reward - in fact all those who'd played other games with similar systems just accepted the system in UO...

Wenchy

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed 100%.

I am a 6-year vet (soon to be 7) who spent years enviously waiting for vet reward items. When I was a new player, I could not understand why I should be denied the rights that vets enjoy (dye tubs, ethys, robes). Now, as a vet, I still do not understand why others are denied the rights I enjoy. I certainly do not wish that waiting time upon anyone. The whole idea of vet rewards is plain stupid, imo, and not just because people can buy vet accounts, but because new players are neither more nor less important to UO, and as a matter of course and basic decency should be given equal "rights" to items.

When I was still in my 2nd year complaining about this issue, some "holier-than-thou" 5th-year vets told me that I would change my mind once I was in UO as long as them. Sorry, pals, no sale...

It has nothing to do with being "holier-than-thou" son.

It is quite simply about rewarding longtime players for their dedication. It is pretty much done in all walks of life if you havent noticed.

Correct me if am wrong but none of the vet rewards are even in the least bit 'game altering' so what really is your problem with them?

I suspect you are just another A.D.D. style player that believes everything must be handed to him/her right now or its time to move on!! You hung 6-7 years though so good for you. You now have some nice rewards coming to you.

Peace :)

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simple Solution to commodidty deed boxes
As stated by someone else.... "I wish to place a commodidty deed box"
:scholar:
that is all

C

Coppelia

When we finally get an item which has been requested for ages, instead of gratitude there's an outbreak of whining by experienced players because a day old newbie can't get a commodity box and has to face the horror of commodity deeds *gasp*.
I don't care about the 1 year old requirement. I care about the vet reward point.
What if a kid has asked a chocolate for ages and finally his parents are ok to give him... but on the condition they slap him in the face. Shall the kid yell "Hurrah! Finally I get my chocolate!" ? I don't think so. He's thinking "WTH? Are they seriously deranged?"

There's no reason to make it a 1 y.o. vet reward.

Y

Yalp

I initially felt the same way, that this was a lame item to have as a vet reward. It should be something like the smelting bag, where you can buy it from an NPC and everybody can have one. But I think Maplestone made a very good point about not wanting people to use these on throw away accounts which would greatly encourage scripting.
There are a couple of things EA could do to discourage scripting... first.. respond to players paging on scripters in a timely manner. EA has shown quite the lackadaisical attitude when scripters are reported.

Secondly.. if they need to keep the boxes as a vet reward to prevent scripters from abusing them.. then add +1 to our vet rewards....

this box shouldn't be a vet reward, it should be a basic tool in game.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I don't care about the 1 year old requirement. I care about the vet reward point.
What if a kid has asked a chocolate for ages and finally his parents are ok to give him... but on the condition they slap him in the face. Shall the kid yell "Hurrah! Finally I get my chocolate!" ? I don't think so. He's thinking "WTH? Are they seriously deranged?"

There's no reason to make it a 1 y.o. vet reward.

IMHO the Commodity Deed Box is at LEAST as good a reward as the Black Dye Tub or other "1 Year Rewards"... I have no problem at all with it being offered as a reward item.

If people have a lot of reward choices available (say 15 or 20 picks) currently available some of them were earned at lower year levels. Yes, they can pick 15 or 20 year nine and year ten items and feel gyped because they have to "give up" a high end pick in order to get a Resource Deed box, but I don't look at my picks that way.

For people who don't have picks available or have very few pics and want an ankh that works before a resourse box (understandable IMHO) there will be lots for sale on vendors in Luna on every Shard.

C

Coppelia

IMHO the Commodity Deed Box is at LEAST as good a reward as the Black Dye Tub or other "1 Year Rewards"... I have no problem at all with it being offered as a reward item.
Oh yes, it is really good for a 1st year reward, but they are other things that are as good as Black Dye Tub or other things, and those are not necessarily in the vet reward system. Being "as good as" doesn't mean it should be in that list. Just for an example, the Decoration Tool is as good as Furniture Dye Tub, IMO. But the deco tool isn't in vet rewards list.

If people have a lot of reward choices available (say 15 or 20 picks) ...
Wait wait wait! 15 or 20 picks? Last time I checked, I was receiving 3 picks on first year and one more each year. And you're not even choosing 10 years old accounts as a standard, which would give 12 picks, you're talking about more. Can we temper the multi-account madness? I think we don't care about people having so many vet rewards choices.

For people who don't have picks available or have very few pics and want an ankh that works before a resourse box (understandable IMHO) there will be lots for sale on vendors in Luna on every Shard.
If there's a place where I don't want to go to buy anything, it's Luna. I don't want to give my hardly earned gold coins to someone involved in the necrophagous ripping of old accounts that they buy to resell the content separately.
And why are you looking for such circumventing of the problem when there could be no problem at all?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It being a first year vet reward should not make it a very big deal...

Yeah for a year you can't use this function but them BAM... you can get a soul stone or a community deed box... better then what most of us vets had to choose for our first year rewards...

I got statues!!! LOL I would just be happy there are some useful 1st year rewards now.

D

DHMagicMan_1

You get 3 for your first year, one a year after that, and then at a certain point you get 2 per year from then on... I don't remember when it starts to switch to 2 choices per year but it might be 6 years or something like that. I'm not suggesting you or anyone should HAVE to maintain multiple accounts in order to enjoy the game or give your hard earned gold or $$ to farmers who do in order to enjoy the game, I'm just suggesting that I think the "Resource Deed Box" is a good example of a Veteran's Reward which has utility (as opposed to eye candy only) and I have no problem at all with Mythic offering it as a Vet reward.

It's been suggested on other threads that due to the lateness of the 10 year rewards, the huge influx of new rewards, and simple desire to make the masses happy, maybe Mythic would simply grant all 12 month + active accounts 1, 2, or 3 "Bonus" pics as of some arbitrary date they pick... then people who have robes but want dresses, or want boxes etc... could all be happy...

I wouldn't object to that... but in the long run, this should be a Vet Reward.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a keep on Origin but the account that holds it currently has no available vet rewards to choose from. I selected the commodity deed box reward using a character on Origin that is on another account and gave it to one of the characters on the account that owns the keep. That character placed the box in the keep and was able to select the security setting (same options as on other containers). I've been able to use the box with characters from other accounts. I don't have any accounts that are less than a year old, however, to test and see if they can use it.

I also picked up the box and let a co-owner character on another account place it and set the security settings. It seemed to work fine. The box does have to be secured in order to use it....you cannot use it while it is sitting inside another secure container.

The box itself is light green and labeled as a "Commodity Deed Box", "1st Year Veteran Reward." If you want to deed resources, put the pile of resources and an unused commodity deed (purchased at the bank) in the box and click the deed and then the pile of resources. To redeem a deed, put it in the box and click on it. It appears you can store several deeds and several piles of resources in the box. I even put a flute and a piece of jewelry in it with no problems. So I'm guessing you could use it as a regular container, if you wanted to, and that it would hold up to 125 items like any other container.

I am assuming that the boxes can be sold on a vendor.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Thanks for the info, Tina. So aparently you may need to be 1 year to select the reward but there may not be an "age check" to try to use it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I initially felt the same way, that this was a lame item to have as a vet reward. It should be something like the smelting bag, where you can buy it from an NPC and everybody can have one. But I think Maplestone made a very good point about not wanting people to use these on throw away accounts which would greatly encourage scripting.

So how about a compromise Devs... Make these items available from NPC bankers, but make it so your account has to be at least 6 months old, or even a year old to use them. This way most everybody could use them and not have to waste a vet reward choice, while at the same time denieing them to throw away accounts?
I love the fact that I will finally be able to use com deeds in my house, but cringe at the fact I will have to use one of my 10 year vet picks to get one. These are so useful to all players, it really should be something each house can have.
I really like that idea. Would be better to have to be a year old to use and have them tradeable and buyable.
//Double Signed

I agree.... This should be something that you can buy... however... The problem with this theory is .... the scripters I am sure have at least one account that is "old".... this account would simply buy the box for the other cheap throw away accounts.... So this don't help.... infact having it as a Vet reward doesn't stop that from happening either .... But it will keep the number of them limited I suppose.... a new account gets 5 rewards I think after the first year... Thankfully I must be in the VAST minority because I have some vet rewards "banked".

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree.... This should be something that you can buy... however... The problem with this theory is .... the scripters I am sure have at least one account that is "old".... this account would simply buy the box for the other cheap throw away accounts.... So this don't help
I think you may have misunderstood what I said. I said make it so that anybody can buy, but your account has to be so old in order to actually "use" this item. This way scripters with trow away accounts cannot use them, the devs dont have to worry about giving everybody a new vet pick which will keep the market value of the older gifts up where they should be, and best of all... 90+% of the people who play UO can have and use them.

Vet Rewards should be REWARDS, not basic functions. Car manufacturers dont start offering "Reverse" only after you buy your 4th car, backpacks dont start allowing you to buy straps only after you get to your junior year, and computer companies dont make you buy 5 computers before you can get a power button. Lets keep gifts as something fun and extra. Not something that should be a built in function.

Sure you can live without it. We all have. But just because we had to go through hell doesn't mean we should make everybody else. They have finally decided to fix an aspect of that is very time consuming and monotonous, why cant we all take advantage of it without sacrificing one of the few perks we get for being faithful and staying with a game for 10+ years.

-EA "You have been a VERY loyal customer, thanks for all your money! In return we will stop making you perform repetitive mindless tasks and we will now allow you to use some of your playtime to actually play! CONGRATS!!!"

C

Connor_Graham

Car manufacturers dont start offering "Reverse" only after you buy your 4th car, backpacks dont start allowing you to buy straps only after you get to your junior year, and computer companies dont make you buy 5 computers before you can get a power button.
You don't get a present from the goverment on your birthday either, now do ya?

:lick:

D

DHMagicMan_1

I have a feeling this is sort of a "moot point" at the moment. The publish is live on one server and soon on others.

Since people can use their Vet Rewards Picks to get the boxes now I don't see how EA/Mythic is going to change course and make it buyable at the carpenter shop or banker.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously the commodity deed box is something that should be avaliable as a basic game function. There is no need to complicate the process by making it a vet reward, or by who and what can place the box and use it.
DC:sad4:
That would make too much sense.

C

Connor_Graham

What if you birthday just happens to fall on the same day you get your income tax return? Would that count?
I don't know about you, but receiving money that was mine to begin with isn't MY idea of a gift.....

:D

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about you, but receiving money that was mine to begin with isn't MY idea of a gift.....

Being able to use a basic function in UO that should have been added many years ago isn't my idea of a gift either. Heh.

C

Connor_Graham

Being able to use a basic function in UO that should have been added many years ago isn't my idea of a gift either. Heh.
Well then, that would be justification for it being a 1st yr reward and not a 10th.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Being able to move more than 400 stone of items in your pack (or 1500 stone on a packy) from a bank to your home was never intended to be part of the game in the first place either. The "Gold Checks" and "Commodity Deeds" were added as a mechanism to allow safe trades between players to prevent scammers from taking advantage of people. It didn't always work because there's always new scams, but there was never any plan that I'm aware of to say "Let's let the players move 50K stone of Regs and Scrolls from Bank to Home in one trip with commodity deeds"...

Now they've added it and now it's a Vet Reward and it's a Vet Reward at Year ONE!

Say THANKS and move on!

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

unless someone overpays, tax relief is the government investing in you for whatever reason. either because you are at an unfair disadvantage or because you getting the money will somehow benefit the country. maybe you get tax relief and fix the air conditioning in your car, making you happier and more productive at work and providing income for the garage and the manufacturer of the AC pump.

it's not really yours "to begin with" because it is paying for services.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being able to move more than 400 stone of items in your pack (or 1500 stone on a packy) from a bank to your home was never intended to be part of the game in the first place either. The "Gold Checks" and "Commodity Deeds" were added as a mechanism to allow safe trades between players to prevent scammers from taking advantage of people. It didn't always work because there's always new scams, but there was never any plan that I'm aware of to say "Let's let the players move 50K stone of Regs and Scrolls from Bank to Home in one trip with commodity deeds"...

Now they've added it and now it's a Vet Reward and it's a Vet Reward at Year ONE!

Say THANKS and move on!
i think it's unfair to new players who won't be able to understand why they can't do it. it's not really a huge deal but i think treating new players with as much respect as possible is very important considering there are so few of them.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not a big deal to have to move your wood, ore, etc to your house via pack horses for a year... then you get a bonus... big deal... at least you can pick a comm. box or a soulstone for your first year rather then save it or pick a statue as you had to in the older days of vet rewards.

C

Connor_Graham

unless someone overpays, tax relief is the government investing in you for whatever reason
He said "Income Tax Return", which is a refund of the taxes that you have overpaid for the previous year. Nothing was said about a tax relief check, which doesn't apply anyway since it's not something that is given every year.

Please pay attention.

Thank you for stopping by.

Please come again.

Or not.

Your choice.

C

Connor_Graham

Being able to move more than 400 stone of items in your pack (or 1500 stone on a packy) from a bank to your home was never intended to be part of the game in the first place either. The "Gold Checks" and "Commodity Deeds" were added as a mechanism to allow safe trades between players to prevent scammers from taking advantage of people. Now they've added it and now it's a Vet Reward and it's a Vet Reward at Year ONE!

Say THANKS and move on!
It's always been available via the bank. What was never intended, up until now that is, is for people to be able to do the same thing from their house.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He said "Income Tax Return", which is a refund of the taxes that you have overpaid for the previous year. Nothing was said about a tax relief check, which doesn't apply anyway since it's not something that is given every year.

Please pay attention.

Please come again.

Or not.

Your choice.
things like the child tax credit is all part of your income tax return.

typical republican trying to spread the propaganda about the tax system. clinton's investments in low income families have made this country a better place.

Please pay attention.

Please come again.

Or not.

Your choice.

N

Ni-

I agree.... This should be something that you can buy... however... The problem with this theory is .... the scripters I am sure have at least one account that is "old".... this account would simply buy the box for the other cheap throw away accounts.... So this don't help
I think you may have misunderstood what I said. I said make it so that anybody can buy, but your account has to be so old in order to actually "use" this item. This way scripters with trow away accounts cannot use them, the devs dont have to worry about giving everybody a new vet pick which will keep the market value of the older gifts up where they should be, and best of all... 90+% of the people who play UO can have and use them.

Vet Rewards should be REWARDS, not basic functions. Car manufacturers dont start offering "Reverse" only after you buy your 4th car, backpacks dont start allowing you to buy straps only after you get to your junior year, and computer companies dont make you buy 5 computers before you can get a power button. Lets keep gifts as something fun and extra. Not something that should be a built in function.

Sure you can live without it. We all have. But just because we had to go through hell doesn't mean we should make everybody else. They have finally decided to fix an aspect of that is very time consuming and monotonous, why cant we all take advantage of it without sacrificing one of the few perks we get for being faithful and staying with a game for 10+ years.

-EA "You have been a VERY loyal customer, thanks for all your money! In return we will stop making you perform repetitive mindless tasks and we will now allow you to use some of your playtime to actually play! CONGRATS!!!"
What I think they were trying to say is that the owner of the throw away accounts probably also has a vet account. Thus they could use their vet account to redeem CDs via CBox. 'So this doesn't help'

The ability to use the CBox could be considered to be a reward. Players in the past haven't been able to redeem CDs at their houses. Here, you are rewarded with the ability to do so. What you see as basic fuction could also be seen as a reward, from someone else's point of view.

Whether they are a reward or not will not bother me a whole bunch. If I need any, it'll only be one, and I'll wait till after the anniversery, just in case. If I were to change anything it would be to make some of the 10th yr rewards to be younger by a year or two, and that would be a selfish/bias desire, so I don't really think complaining about them would have any merit.