• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Christmas box and tree colors SPOILERS!!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have 100's of 14th anniversary tickets yet... Saw no need to use them since it wasn't anything "rare" or special about any of that stuff... sold 75 of them to someone needing manikins... have no use for that.

Now... as for the tokens I've finished about 8 of my accounts and so far have an extra orange plant and 2 of the pink/purples I'd like to trade. I personally would much rather have the blue or black plants. So any with any duplicates they want to trade I'm game.

Oh and on a sad note I got the Green and Black tree on Mugen. Don't play on Mugen and if anyone does play there and wants the thing if you have something to trade me..... it's yours.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im a little disheartened with the tree's.
ive picked 21 on each my home shard and ATL and all of them are white.
the colored ones must really be rare this year.
that or the RNG has a hate on for me.
which is totally possible.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
From what I can tell it seems to be about 1:100 or more. I've gone through several of my accounts getting mostly the trees and so far have 3 of the pink/purples, 2 Orange, 1 Metalic Green, 1 Pink and 1 black/green one.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I got a pretty frosty blue box. It's pretty sexy. Not near done collecting though. Getting a little frustrated with the "trouble communicating with origin" message.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I really appreciate the rarity. I've been kinda disappointed with recent years. I enjoy stuff that's really hard to get :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure there are rare boxes. I think some are just more popular and desirable that makes them harder to get. But I have no clue since I never really got into the box thing anyway. I do like those old angel boxes though. There's such a large variety of boxes, I think if you want a black one, it's just gonna be a hard find due to the odds of hitting any particular box. That kinda thing? II do like the rectangle ones for my vendors

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am more than willing to trade my tokens and gifts on the production shards for your Siege tokens/gifts. Just checked out all of my prodo shard characters, I have gifts dating back from 9th anniversary sitting in their packs...lol...la

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am more than willing to trade my tokens and gifts on the production shards for your Siege tokens/gifts. Just checked out all of my prodo shard characters, I have gifts dating back from 9th anniversary sitting in their packs...lol...la
hey hun i do have one on seige if ya want it, ill log in and holler for ya

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Each token provides one of eight Holiday gift boxes available in a variety of colors, and eight rarely obtained colors
A fluffy white potted plant that is available in snow white, or eight rarely obtained colors.
i read that to mean 8 new rare colored boxes and for the plants white plus 8 rare colors.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
finished getting all my plants, thought id share the Hue ID's i got.
also Hue ID some of the different boxes i found, one i couldnt re find and ill be damned if im gonna log in to 500+ toons just to find that one box to Hue ID it, haha!

Tika Majere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I ended up using every token on my main account (it's the only one up at the moment)... and across all of the shards (with 6 characters each), this is the loot I ended up with.

Trees: 3x Pink, 2x Blue-White, 1x Green-White, 1x Purple-Peach
Boxes: 1x Rust, 1x Blue-White 1x Green-Grey

Acct12015Christmas.png

As far as I'm aware... the HueID codes for Trees & Boxes are as follows:
1166 : Pink
1287 : Blue-Red
1618 : Rust
1910 : Black-White
1914 : Green-White
1968 : Green-Grey
2598 : Purple-Peach
2729 : Blue-White

I know they have technical names such as Glacial, Reflective Shadow, and Reward Cloth Pink... but I found explaining by color much easier.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies seems we have 8 rare colour to collect but some are not new colours....and the box and plants are the same colours .. be it u can get a 1666 box and a 1166 plant....

thanks tikka ... above...dont suppose anyone is good with photo shop

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
okies seems we have 8 rare colour to collect but some are not new colours....and the box and plants are the same colours .. be it u can get a 1666 box and a 1166 plant....

thanks tikka ... above...dont suppose anyone is good with photo shop
why are you mixing the plants with the boxes.... far to confusing.
there are 8 for each.
while the colors of some of the plants are not new to us they are rare for this style and name of plant.
so 8 plants, 8 boxes.

does anyone have a pic of last years rare boxes or better yet the hue ID's?
or ultimately a pic of the boxes with hue ID's.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because its the same colour id for box and plants??? just 8 colours...this piccy may explain it better

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well obvoiusly thats just a piccy of 3 box with like same 3 tree......looking at list maybe 1910?...Jesus i havent got a full piccy of all 8....really hope some else as.... its one of the 8 colour IDs

there ya go ...guessing this is colour ID 1910 if anyione wants to confirm??? help

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ah alright, i see what your doing now.
the boxes confused me because not only do they have 8 colors but 5 designs which really mess up the color.

here, i think i have the 8 plants together in a pic, the last 3 arnt mine so i cant confirm the Hue ID on them, i put them in red because they are guesses.

have a look at the pic and see what ya think.

here is the same thing but with the boxes, didnt have any 2598 or 1166 ones to add, ill update it as we go, also tried to put in different pattern ones as i see them.

for the boxes only the 1910 and the 1914 are mine so i can only 100% confirm those Hue ID's the rest come from this thread. (case in point look at 1618, same box type but different swirl of black)

Last edited:
Reactions: THP

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well obvoiusly thats just a piccy of 3 box with like same 3 tree......looking at list maybe 1910?...Jesus i havent got a full piccy of all 8....really hope some else as.... its one of the 8 colour IDs

there ya go ...guessing this is colour ID 1910 if anyione wants to confirm??? help
the box is definitely 1910, i posted it above in post 66

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well after a lot of checking, trading, hair pulling... and they may all be on different shards... I got all 8 colored trees! :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i went back and looked at last years thread about the Christmas box's and im rather surprised that no one ever made a chart of the new colors and their Hues.

we know the 8 hues from last year, just no one ever put them together with pics.

its a shame that the dev's dont add stuff like that to the Wiki for later use.
its only been a year and already we dont have last years stuff for reference and i think its safe to assume that since it didnt get done back when everyone was trying to get them it never will.

5 years from now someone will ask about it and the resource will not be available to them to check.

my OCD needs to be itched.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well after a lot of checking, trading, hair pulling... and they may all be on different shards... I got all 8 colored trees! :)
nice job thats one full set +1

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they say they have had 90 odd in a row...brutal.... its been called....yes i agree its not really the holiday spiirt it is....sucks to be fair

i love a holiday challnege but 1 in 100 .. that like 800 tokens= 800 chars ... wow 5-6 accounts??? to get 8 AND ..... theres no way u gonna get all different 8... so u looking at 1000/1100 chars.. 1000/1100 tokens and a few swops / trades to get close to this set ... not really the xmas spirit we hoped for... not in todays world... maybe like 2002/2003/2004...xxx... just saying....not good numbers by the devs with subs ratio

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they say they have had 90 odd in a row...brutal.... its been called....yes i agree its not really the holiday spiirt it is....sucks to be fair

i love a holiday challnege but 1 in 100 .. that like 800 tokens= 800 chars ... wow 5-6 accounts??? to get 8 AND ..... theres no way u gonna get all different 8... so u looking at 1000/1100 chars.. 1000/1100 tokens and a few swops / trades to get close to this set ... not really the xmas spirit we hoped for... not in todays world... maybe like 2002/2003/2004...xxx... just saying....not good numbers by the devs with subs ratio
You are so right. Sadly... It is how UO is now. :(
And I did, with a friend, get all trees.
They took away the UO Joy. Wish I knew why.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
900+ Characters I pulled 12 plants... 1 of which was on Mugen of all places :mad:... of those over 900 characters I got 2 special colored boxes... so tell me about not really feeling very much "Christmas Spirit" from that.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it normal to get nearly 50white plants in a row, i'm using EC client
Got my first rare tree on the very first character, didn't even realize it was rare, the ugly peach/lavender one, next rare one i got was on the 234th character and my last one was on 276th character out of 323 characters. I have awful RNG gift luck, always have.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
christmas humbug form the devs... nice idea just the balance so 2004....when 10x folks were playing .....lolz.....like

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
900+ Characters I pulled 12 plants... 1 of which was on Mugen of all places :mad:... of those over 900 characters I got 2 special colored boxes... so tell me about not really feeling very much "Christmas Spirit" from that.
I also thought that I had gotten only a couple of boxes then I switched to EC and hue id'ed them. I was amazed to find I had others they just looked too normal. So check your boxes. I wish they had Hue ID in CC.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya i am feeling the christmas blues over this too.
i even turned on another account just to try to get some more tree's.
ended up being short 1 and ill be damned if i can find anyone to trade or even sell me the one im looking for.

kinda makes me sad, be the first time that i havnt been able to complete my collection.

i agree, the 1% drop rate is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to low for the amount of players we have now.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
opening a 3rd or 4th account to try get the set would have been a no brainer for me normally ....alas with a 1% chance or less to pull a tree i wont be bothering would be a waste of 19.98 real cash... shame as ive talked to quite a few holiday collectors and they feel the same...nice idea by the devs to bring back tokens and make a collection to strive for... just not very well executed with the small player base...and ultimately its gonna be lost revenue to EA/ Broadsword/ Origin ....who undoubtably would have benefitted from a increase in subs

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
opening a 3rd or 4th account to try get the set would have been a no brainer for me normally ....alas with a 1% chance or less to pull a tree i wont be bothering would be a waste of 19.98 real cash... shame as ive talked to quite a few holiday collectors and they feel the same...nice idea by the devs to bring back tokens and make a collection to strive for... just not very well executed with the small player base...and ultimately its gonna be lost revenue to EA/ Broadsword/ Origin ....who undoubtably would have benefitted from a increase in subs
It just seems the norm anymore. Make things stupid rare and F the playerbase. Cater to the Rich and everyone else can just forget it. I was lucky enough to have several extra trees to trade... but still... It just doesn't feel like "X-mas" spirit and the spirit of giving and such to have pretty much 1 item that feels "Holiday" like (the Nutcracker).. and then given something to want to collect and not be able to even try to collect anything for the average 1 account player this has to be a very low blow. Image those with only 1 account and only 6 characters. Or players on Siege who haven't a snowballs chance in hades to get one.

Just another thorn in my side... more and more it's things like this that no matter the love I've had for the game over the years is making me more and more disgusted with it. To the point I'm questioning if I should keep paying to play on a daily basis. Each new disappointment brings me closer to closing down accounts. Now looking at going back to work after my surgery and having only 3 days a week to really play with my friends just isn't really leaving that warm fuzzy feeling with me anymore.

I can recall playing hooky from work a time or two back in the day when some new expansion or something would come out. Now that excitement just isn't there anymore and I'm always struggling to even want to log in.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have 1 account and I still got 3 trees and 3 boxes. I consider rare gifts a serendipity rather than something I'm owed. They are cool, but aren't going to break my gameplay if I don't have one.
then your not a collector.