• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake PVP Thread

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nanny old buddy,

Uo is pretty fun. A lot of the old people are back.... If you need any help with getting a char setup let me know, I have more stuff laying around than I know what to do with..... Could get you a half decent Mage or dexxer suit to get you started.

It's Claire btw!!
My icq is 308392636
Excellent! Claire my little Canadian! I could use some help with mage suit. Both of mine were factions when I last played so a few items I can't wear. And apparently my Orny and crystalline ring were in my house when it fell. Hey I have 500k gold across all my chars so at least I got that goin for me! I logged in tonight and checked all my chars. I still need to get icq (tomorrow) and vent/ts whatever people use nowadays. Lost some good sampire weapons too. :(

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Excellent! Claire my little Canadian! I could use some help with mage suit. Both of mine were factions when I last played so a few items I can't wear. And apparently my Orny and crystalline ring were in my house when it fell. Hey I have 500k gold across all my chars so at least I got that goin for me! I logged in tonight and checked all my chars. I still need to get icq (tomorrow) and vent/ts whatever people use nowadays. Lost some good sampire weapons too. :(
yo man, they completely redid (aka got rid of an remade) factions. It's VvV now. You can get any of the old faction items immediately upon joining VvV (which is super easy). So if you have a suit based on faction items, you can at least have a starter set ready by joining VvV.

Everyone who PvP's (mostly) is VvV. If you attack someone who's in VvV, it will make you an OJ anyways, so there really is no reason not to join VvV.

Also, get used to the lack of red characters anymore. :( With the town buff system (available only in Tram) and the forged royal pardon (eliminates all murder counts on char--no limit) and the fact that 99% of the characters in fel are VvV, reds are going extinct.

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep I read about factions being replaced by VvV a while back. Joining up with that should make it easy to redo my suits. Theres PVP in tram now? Hmmm I wonder if I could get enough pardons for mine… I dunno how many counts I have yet.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yep I read about factions being replaced by VvV a while back. Joining up with that should make it easy to redo my suits. Theres PVP in tram now? Hmmm I wonder if I could get enough pardons for mine… I dunno how many counts I have yet.
No, there's not PvP in tram. If you're a citizen of a town, you can get whats called the "town buff." Ranges from +1 FC to +5% SSI, SDI, all sorts of stuff. You can only get the town buff in trammel tho, so reds miss out.

Also, like I said above, you don't need a ton of forged pardons, just one Royal Forged Pardon. Costs 10000 silver. That's a couple of days farming silver in VvV towns and probably getting some fights doing it. Again, Royal Forged Pardon will take your murder count immediately to 0 no matter how many counts you have.

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, there's not PvP in tram. If you're a citizen of a town, you can get whats called the "town buff." Ranges from +1 FC to +5% SSI, SDI, all sorts of stuff. You can only get the town buff in trammel tho, so reds miss out.

Also, like I said above, you don't need a ton of forged pardons, just one Royal Forged Pardon. Costs 10000 silver. That's a couple of days farming silver in VvV towns and probably getting some fights doing it. Again, Royal Forged Pardon will take your murder count immediately to 0 no matter how many counts you have.
Ok got it! Thank you, sir!

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No problem. If you guild up with claire and cotton and them, I guess I should be on good terms with you :)

*muttering as walks away* damn champs guys used to punk me into the ground just trying to learn my way in fel. buncha aholes....

hahaha

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No problem. If you guild up with claire and cotton and them, I guess I should be on good terms with you :)

*muttering as walks away* damn champs guys used to punk me into the ground just trying to learn my way in fel. buncha aholes....

hahaha

So I was looking for a clever way to say you guys Zerg... And Google did the work for me. I know this isn't prodo or even the right people but it fits so perfectly lol

Turles (UHOH)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Nice easy 3 vs 4 with Nanny back from his long lay off killed all 4 horrible toke. No idea whos boom the gargoyle but he talks alot of **** and is horrible someone in your guild may need to tell him about chessy history telling us we were hi5. It hurt pretty bad almost as bad as the beating we put on them ...... Almost

Last edited:

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is anyone for CIB or BIC still around ive been thinking about coming back
There are a few of us still around,

I was in CiB for awhile mainly playing CLAIRE or Vortimer.

Amitlu and myself are the few remaining BIC members kicking around.

What were your char names?

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Don't believe the hype!!!! Amit is all political and stuff now. Can't believe a word he says!!!

The "honorable" governor of Jhelom. HA!

come back Sammi. I don't know you, but come back. The game is funner again IMO.

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got my @$$ whooped today in front of Destard. It was a real eye opener of how much I suck being a mage now. I used to be an OK player. Bummer! I guess I'll have to stick to archery!

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I got my @$$ whooped today in front of Destard. It was a real eye opener of how much I suck being a mage now. I used to be an OK player. Bummer! I guess I'll have to stick to archery!
lets do some mage duels sometime

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage duels in suits with 20+ mr, focused mage sdi, eaters, poison that's hella hard to cure, and cycling will teach you nothing in the field. It never equated to anything more than a tactic to resort to after you lose a fight.

"Oh yeah?! Well mage duel me 1v1 for accts n 500 mill or stfu!".... Yeahhh that's talent.

Mage dueling died with pre-aos and having unlimited mana.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Cotton Eye Joe "He hits like a truck!"

Yeah, the brave archers Beast and Guy hit HARD! Seriously tho, I go down 45+ every time those arrows hit me (not AI). Brutal. Nice work on those guys... they be hitting hard.

I am not positive what masteries you two roll on those archers... but when I was fighting Guy in the city, I got frustrated because I watched me hit him with a disarm prepped.... but it didn't disarm him. I was a bit pissy. In retroscpect, I realize that archery mastery gives the chance to block the disarm. That's a pain in the 4th point cause now you have to make sure that the disarm disarms--you can't just wait for the hit. That's friggin worse than parry!!!

I'm not sure if the blocked disarm costed mana or not.... but I'm assuming it did. That's just poo sticks.

Nice fighting yesteray. Happy UO to all

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mage duels in suits with 20+ mr, focused mage sdi, eaters, poison that's hella hard to cure, and cycling will teach you nothing in the field. It never equated to anything more than a tactic to resort to after you lose a fight.

"Oh yeah?! Well mage duel me 1v1 for accts n 500 mill or stfu!".... Yeahhh that's talent.

Mage dueling died with pre-aos and having unlimited mana.
Nothing can substitute experience and field fighting. However, dueling helps a lot as a mage. Learning good combos to use if you run into a mage v mage battle in the open. Getting back to the timing of things. Knowing YOU CAN GH between Fireballs / Lightning spams. Only a warrior based player would say mage duels have no benefit at all :p.

But history goes to show some of the greatest duelers were not good in field fighting. Why? They couldn't see, focus, and interpret all that was happening, they get locked on one target.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing can substitute experience and field fighting. However, dueling helps a lot as a mage. Learning good combos to use if you run into a mage v mage battle in the open. Getting back to the timing of things. Knowing YOU CAN GH between Fireballs / Lightning spams. Only a warrior based player would say mage duels have no benefit at all :p.

But history goes to show some of the greatest duelers were not good in field fighting. Why? They couldn't see, focus, and interpret all that was happening, they get locked on one target.

Well I play a mage 24 7 with the very rare exception when I wanna be on Deso n force necro on a mage or something. So, no I don't think it's a warrior mentality at all.

But, again (no offense but take offense lol) when are we ever honestly going to get a 1v1 mage fight in the field against you guys? You roll between 2 to 4.5x more people than we do. You say "oh they get bored and want to fight" and then gank.

I swear to god when I am 1v1ing and broli or necro roll up on my screen I tell them GTFO now or they fight them 1v1 bc that's BS. Its so seldom to not have someone run 1v1 or call in backup, you almost have to congratulate the person who is fighting you. And that's really sad that its come down to that.

And for the record, yes. I will sit and watch my teammate get DESTORYED if its 1v1 in the field and I know the person they are fighting isn't trying to coordinate a gank. But, once you screw that up (set up stealthers or get a run by flamestrike ready on a low target) you better believe you are getting ganked and res killed 24-7. Call me old school, but once you break that trust/honor code, I would hop into a 1v1 farms duel to kill you bc you are a piece of $÷It. Jus saying.

So consider that a warning to anyone who doesn't know me, and to mistaken my consideration of a 1v1 and taking it for granted.

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im good with doing both. A 1v1 mage duel is cool with me Cotton but lets also do field too. The 1v1 with get me back in the mindset of spell play and help my reactions not to mention knowing where my spell macros are.

In other news, when I logged in at my new house on my sampire, my full suit was equipped. When I recalled and then entered Fire dungeon I was added to the guild but I didn't chose VvV yet on that char. All of the sudden, my talisman (which was not a faction piece or anything, just a conj trinket) poofed off of my paper doll. WTF is up with that?

Sammi

Visitor
There are a few of us still around,

I was in CiB for awhile mainly playing CLAIRE or Vortimer.

i had a few the main ones i played was a nox mage sammi the vixen and i had a pure mage named zoltan

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well I play a mage 24 7 with the very rare exception when I wanna be on Deso n force necro on a mage or something. So, no I don't think it's a warrior mentality at all.

But, again (no offense but take offense lol) when are we ever honestly going to get a 1v1 mage fight in the field against you guys? You roll between 2 to 4.5x more people than we do. You say "oh they get bored and want to fight" and then gank.

I swear to god when I am 1v1ing and broli or necro roll up on my screen I tell them GTFO now or they fight them 1v1 bc that's BS. Its so seldom to not have someone run 1v1 or call in backup, you almost have to congratulate the person who is fighting you. And that's really sad that its come down to that.

And for the record, yes. I will sit and watch my teammate get DESTORYED if its 1v1 in the field and I know the person they are fighting isn't trying to coordinate a gank. But, once you screw that up (set up stealthers or get a run by flamestrike ready on a low target) you better believe you are getting ganked and res killed 24-7. Call me old school, but once you break that trust/honor code, I would hop into a 1v1 farms duel to kill you bc you are a piece of $÷It. Jus saying.

So consider that a warning to anyone who doesn't know me, and to mistaken my consideration of a 1v1 and taking it for granted.
I run into 1 v 1 situations in the field all the time, just not on chessy. But they do happen, occasionally. If its a raid or any type of PvP engagement as far back as I can remember, I've always assumed backup was coming to gank me. And 99.9% of the time that was true. Either case, mage duels do help, its a fact. Will it make you an amazing field fighter, no. Will it help? Yes.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And seriously.... If one of your guildies are Mayor of Mag, then need to switch it back to FC 1. Who does that? Leave $!#@ alone. -.-

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nah that was DWxC who made that change.
Minoc will remain FC 1 for all of my Governship. We cannot have FC one changing for any reason.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So I just wanted to throw this out there....

I always wonder why so many people won't even venture into fel. I'm not, by any stretch a good pvper but I enjoy the fights and the challenge and, honestly, it gives a little bit of a rush that is just kind of cool. I definitely die more than I kill. Oh well, such is life. I still think its fun! Today, however, I recognized something that gives PvP and PvPers a bad name and makes the people who never venture into fel stay in tram.

This morning, some Toke guys were spawning in Destard. I wasn't there, but I started seeing poo talk on global chat. It was completely one sided poo talk. It quickly accelerated from the standard banter to ridiculous belittling of Toke's guild and the players within it. I, personally, am of the mindset that this is a game that we all love and that belittling and constant trolling of condescending remarks is counterproductive for the game, game-play, and PvP in general. I don't see how trying to make others feel bad and then rubbing it in is good for anyone. Is winning a fight not good enough? Does the fight have to progress to words to berate the losing side to the point that they become upset and unhappy playing our great game? I don't understand that type of behavior. I find it completely unnecessary and uncalled for.

It got to the point where I stopped what I was doing and switched characters to help fight against the mouthy antagonists. I died... of course I did (refer to above, I'm far from great). But the point remains that if victorious PvPers would chill the F out, we all might wind up enjoying a larger population of players participating in fel.

*** Sidenote: to promote togetherness among the tram and fel side, I helped some people today fighting the spider spawn in humility. I've probably done, um, 2 (now 3) tram spawns in my life, but the call came out and I had a sampi who was willing and able, so what the heck. Of course I didn't think to bring an elemental slayer and the paragon poison elemental were BRUTAL! Stupid paragons.

Anyways, can't we all just get along and kill each other with a little bit of dignity.

***** Legal Notice: I speak only for myself and not for any members of any guild nor any figures holding public office.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
nice raid at damwin uhoh! before you arrived, we raided pits and pushed them off then they got numbers and we started going at it back and forth.

y'all came in right when we pulled back to regroup. without a doubt, pits and toke are working together not at all. we continued to fight them as well as you until the inevitable was clear.

all around good fun. i enjoyed it much.

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice raid at damwin uhoh! before you arrived, we raided pits and pushed them off then they got numbers and we started going at it back and forth.

y'all came in right when we pulled back to regroup. without a doubt, pits and toke are working together not at all. we continued to fight them as well as you until the inevitable was clear.

all around good fun. i enjoyed it much.
That was a lot of fun, indeed! I scouted it and saw that PITS and tOkE were sort of fighting each other. To me it looked like PITS was trying to separate you guys and just pick people off 1 by 1. We came down from Marble and put a hurtin' on everyone. Only 1 of us died and oddly enough, it wasn't me.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That was a lot of fun, indeed! I scouted it and saw that PITS and tOkE were sort of fighting each other. To me it looked like PITS was trying to separate you guys and just pick people off 1 by 1. We came down from Marble and put a hurtin' on everyone. Only 1 of us died and oddly enough, it wasn't me.
Yup, pits was definately trying to seperate us. It wasn't working at first... then we lost discipline and, well, yeah....

Only one of me died.... 4 times :) at least according to my death robes. I thought it was more than that.... hmmm

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn't me either!!!....lol necro....

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
PITS, don't get crazy just because you got rolled up by little ol' TOKE. And don't talk numbers neither cause Cotton had more than one (quite a few more) account active. And Maoli, if you roll with PITS, you're in PITS even if your guild is actually something different. That's such a silly thing to argue about.

...and can't we have good professional banter after the fights instead of gen chat raging and belittling. Its just more fun for everyone.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love ranting and belittling people. It makes UO fun. It's the little things in life that cheer us up, right?

Ps: Pits kept legendary pieces from Necro's sampire suit (and other pieces he had on him). Sure he is a dumb dumb, but if you guys know me, I make my guys give back everything that's requested armor/weapon wise (as you've seen in the past). It is up to TOKE if they want to give them back their crap, but we will not be in the future. They can thank their own greed for that.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I give back pieces in nice little leather piles, leave a book with a sexy message..and even sometimes I Craft a metal helmet for the window licker that dropped it. Then again..I always remember to insure my stuff.. And this whole post is a dream it never happened!!! :Jedi mind trick:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I give back pieces in nice little leather piles, leave a book with a sexy message..and even sometimes I Craft a metal helmet for the window licker that dropped it. Then again..I always remember to insure my stuff.. And this whole post is a dream it never happened!!! :Jedi mind trick:

Well TOKE needs to be glad we aren't like you. We have returned things to them at least 5 or 6 times so far since I've been back over the last 3ish months. Just throwing that out there.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well TOKE needs to be glad we aren't like you. We have returned things to them at least 5 or 6 times so far since I've been back over the last 3ish months. Just throwing that out there.
It was sarcasm, I always give stuff back! Sometimes I even used to throw in a 10k check since being poor sucks.. I wish they would of implemented the damn /Sarcasm tag I asked for..so this response wouldn't even been needed post count +1 tho

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was sarcasm, I always give stuff back! Sometimes I even used to throw in a 10k check since being poor sucks.. I wish they would of implemented the damn /Sarcasm tag I asked for..so this response wouldn't even been needed post count +1 tho

+1 is great though. Just replying to ignore the flames that could come buddy. All is good.

And thanks for Amitlu guys. He is already an outstanding teammate on ATL even if he tends to run into my conflags and para fields when he is orange ATM rofl.

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
+1 is great though. Just replying to ignore the flames that could come buddy. All is good.

And thanks for Amitlu guys. He is already an outstanding teammate on ATL even if he tends to run into my conflags and para fields when he is orange ATM rofl.

Waiting on team Canada and an army

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I love ranting and belittling people. It makes UO fun. It's the little things in life that cheer us up, right?

Ps: Pits kept legendary pieces from Necro's sampire suit (and other pieces he had on him). Sure he is a dumb dumb, but if you guys know me, I make my guys give back everything that's requested armor/weapon wise (as you've seen in the past). It is up to TOKE if they want to give them back their crap, but we will not be in the future. They can thank their own greed for that.

Don't worry, PITs dropped some 100% weapons last night... we got em. When we (I'll leave names out) hit up gen chat to return the items, the noble citizens of Chessy quickly informed us of the incidents of earlier in the day. Which PITS totally denied... but whatever. Due to the "turn the other cheek" wait, wait, no, the "eye for an eye" policy of just about everyone, the items were not returned. So maybe a little justice prevailed.

And Lox, your ranting and belittling (shenanigans) is cheeky and fun... many others are just cruel and mean.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
1) Caz doesn't speak for TOKE lol. TOKE has and will always be returning gear, as we've done time and time again.
-- Sorry to hear Necro dropped his **** to PITS. Asha is a zerging greedy fool, so yea he probably won't give it back.

2) Amitlu is a funny great little guy. I'll miss playing with him, but look forward to killing him as well :p

3) You'll be sorely disappointed w/ Army. Hes got great skill, another great guy, but never plays and has no damn suits. I've been back 5 months, I've seen him exactly twice, for a total of 12 minutes and 19 seconds. One fight he showed up naked ...
3b) while werre talking about suits -- Why haven't you guys helped Nanny get a damn suit better than 2002?

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
1) Caz doesn't speak for TOKE lol. TOKE has and will always be returning gear, as we've done time and time again.
-- Sorry to hear Necro dropped his **** to PITS. Asha is a zerging greedy fool, so yea he probably won't give it back.

2) Amitlu is a funny great little guy. I'll miss playing with him, but look forward to killing him as well :p

3) You'll be sorely disappointed w/ Army. Hes got great skill, another great guy, but never plays and has no damn suits. I've been back 5 months, I've seen him exactly twice, for a total of 12 minutes and 19 seconds. One fight he showed up naked ...
3b) while werre talking about suits -- Why haven't you guys helped Nanny get a damn suit better than 2002?
I saw him 3 times for 14 minutes and 24 seconds... where you been?