• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catskills Babel and Daily Thread

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Podolak enters the tavern and looks around, noticing it empty he sets to work on the hearth getting a roaring fire all ablaze*

Hey all,

Once upon a time we did not have a daily thread. Instead it was "The Vampire's Tavern." This was back in the 2001ish time frame. That thread grew really large due to our intense activity so I created a second tavern thread. When that grew too large I just decided to start doing a new thread every day. Well, that has been going on for some years and fortunately continued after I left. I know there has been times when it stopped for a few weeks or more but it seems to have been a consistent theme here.

Since returning to Stratics a several months ago (not sure how long I've been back exactly) I have noticed that although we have a good community, there may not be a need for a new thread every day. Given that, I thought we might try just using one thread for a while. This will not be stickied, it will just stay near the top based on participation. If it doesn't work out, we can go back to the other way.

Have a great one all,

*moves to the counter and starts the coffee and hot water*

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics Tavern Positions

Stratics Catskills Tavern Positions:

Attention Catskills Community,

Management at the Stratics Catskills Tavern [SCT] is looking to fill the following positions:

1. Barkeep(s)
2. Floor Sweeper, general cleanup
3. Bouncer
4. Cook
5. Baker

If there is any interest in these positions, please post here.

Thank you,

~Management

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are ye going to whip them with a fishing pole laddy?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing pole? Uh...
*hides his spiked mace*

Yeah, a fishing pole. Of course.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well yes...I hunt fish with spikes, I thought everyone did?

W

woody_cats

I can help out with cooking or baking let me know what need

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chefnia,

A good cook is one of the most important positions. We have lots of hungry patrons and well...my cooking usually leaves something to be desired. Often that desire is antacids...

C

CatLord

I would like to apply to the job of Hunter of El Ratton...

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll have to enlighten me on what that position entails my furry friend.

W

woody_cats

a platter of apple peach and blueberry turnovers have been provided for all to sample

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles*

Thank you for the platter Chefnia.

Black Sun, that does seem far more accurate. What did we end up using my last cake for again?

W

woody_cats

puts on kettles of fish gumbo and cream of mushroom soup for todays lunch and starts cookies for munches.

will need vension , chicken , fish or ribs for tomorrow.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps the meer can accomplish this task Chefnia, I hear tell of him as a good hunter.

((Woody, am I spelling Chefnia's name correcty?))

Ahh right right. I think after a time Va'lis made off with it for some nefarious experiment.

Claudia1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id like to apply as barmaid do to my in and out i think we can work it as i have swing shifts

And i look damn hot in a cocktail dress

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods to Claudia*

Barmaids of varying shifts are always useful. Your service will be most welcome. Our Patrons have taken a strong liking to you so that makes you even more of an asset. Welcome back aboard.

W

woody_cats

actually since my spelling is horrible i think cheffina but she answers to any nice person and you may be right hehe

W

woody_cats

soup ,crackers and french bread are on the counter help yourself

Claudia1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*she walks from the back room in a black silken dress that is off her shoulders and floor length and a silkens black apron about her waist, her hair is drown up and curled with a black silken ribbon with a white pearl around her neck in a colar like fashion*

Can I get anyone anything, leans against the bar with her hand about her hip*

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who's this Dark Sun you're referring to?
Do I have a long lost twin brother?

Claudia1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems you do sir! *hands him a cup of herb tea and a turn over*

My dear Catlord, Can I get you anything?

*smiles*

Anything for you Podolak. *her hand on her hip*

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I have a long lost twin he better not be better looking than I am.
I shall have to hunt him down and check, and if he is more handsome than I, I will bludgeon him in his sleep with a stale turnip until I am the better looking twin.

A genius plan.

W

woody_cats

starts making pizza for tonight can not find a meat suppliers claudia can you handle the beer

Claudia1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods at the meer*

I sure can, oh and have on that has been the cook here, Jared is our meat suppliers "he has wonderful selection" If ypu have any other questions just ask. *winks at him*

*fills a mans mug and hands it to him*

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing for me thank you Claudia. Your attention to the patrons is all I can ask.

*looks to Black Sun*. Perhaps Dark Sun is the slightly less evil of the twins. Dark being not quite black. I think there was a movie, Pitch Black, I hear the main character was very evil.

W

woody_cats

do you think can wink at jared enought to get us monday, wed and fri delivery and he can suprises me with his deliveries you know filling in for you is not easy . you sure do not want cooks job back . puts out cookies and milk

Claudia1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do you think can wink at jared enought to get us monday, wed and fri delivery and he can suprises me with his deliveries you know filling in for you is not easy . you sure do not want cooks job back . puts out cookies and milk
*laughs softly*

No not yet. I think me being a barmaid fit me better. *smiles* and I will set up new deliveries days and if you look in the back on the left crate there is deer meat and lamb. *smiles again*

*turn to head out to the floor and small red roe buds lace her hair in back*

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks to Black Sun*. Perhaps Dark Sun is the slightly less evil of the twins. Dark being not quite black. I think there was a movie, Pitch Black, I hear the main character was very evil.
Are you saying I'm evil?
*brandishes a turnip*

W

woody_cats

runs to prepair salmon rolls as a appetizer and might just have enough for salmon salad for tomorrow lunch. Thank you

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just showing Podolak what I brought for lunch. Honest..
*takes a massive bite out of the turnip and immediately begins to turn green*

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*swallows hard, turning slightly less green*
No thanks, I'm fine.

*turns and runs out the back door headed for the nearest bush*

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*takes a long drink of the water*
Now I understand why the Elves in heartwood hand out those turnips to the beggars.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks around innocently*

Sir! I dare say I am not sure I even know what evil is!

Claudia1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pats his back softly* yes, cause there awful
hmmm I want steak! hey cook you ever find the meat in back.