• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention all PvPers: An invitation…

G

<blockquote><hr>

siege armor has 50, so a standard deviation is 10 in all, whats so hard about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You rarely make armor that is 10,10,10,10,10, you more likely make something like 15,7,12,10,6, that's what make it hard to put together.

G

w/e dude Siege is for idiots the shard is stupid so whatever moron if you say I didn't whatever I don't care but i'm telling you thanks to the guy on the south side of luna with hundreds of cursed items locked down on his roof I had a full set and had gm necro ss and magery in a day and a half.

Seige is utterly stupid.... So show people what kind of moron I am but I AM TELLING YOU in a day and a half my chit was gm'd if you give me the same cursed set it will be maxed again.

It isn't hard to to you just need to get a 100% lrc suit and do nothing but cast ova and ova and ova and ov and ova for a few hours.

G

<blockquote><hr>

SkyLark, with provo you can sick two bre's on one and do it over and over and over and over and over again at this spawn and farm them all day but the loot and junk. Just so you know we have plent of screenshots, nub.

Skylark your to nub for me, a 120 provo can easily do it there.
Get all the bre's to follow you teleport across to the other side of the river and provo them all on each other. Just watch out for the toxic oozes they like to teleport across at you. Thankfully if you run far enough away these guys will teleport to their spawning location.

Nub.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me, where did I say anything about you and BRE's? I was too busy having fun with all the rest of the fantasies you have been airing for our entertainment, I had to leave something for the others. And all my limbs are intact, thankfully, and we weren't speaking orcish either so no "nubs" here. I do however see a clear board PvP n00b whose feet were long ago permanently implanted in his mouth for all to see.

-Skylark

G

Ahhhh

Gm through items!

The trouble with relying on 'hundreds of cursed items locked down on his roof' is that you don't get to keep them very long.

When Siege players talk about being GM in a skill, they mean real skill points, not unreliable temporary ones from items.

What you really mean is you got your char to 70 necro, ss and magery in a day and a half. Congratulations.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Seige system with items, but no insurance is not cool and unbalanced tbh.

They shuld even make it no items and old style or like other shards, but keep it fel rules only. Then i would go (even if im from EU and ping rather bad there)

[/ QUOTE ]

Only problem with no Item Insurance is the effect of AoS but Devs are working to changes that with crafting changes.

On Siege you can create ok PvP items with lover runic tools but it's still a pain to put a suit together when you still need a calculator.

If all Siege armor was changed so if it had 42 resist, it would be given even to the 5 resists so it would had looked something like 9,8,8,9,8, it would be much easier to put a suit together. Then you could use jewelry if you wanted more in one or two resists.

Insurance would ruin Siege as much as blessing did before we got rid of most blessing.
Alot players on Siege do have bad ping and even when I'm from Denmark with avg ping at 110, I.m doing ok. I'm an archer so my ping is not really a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hej med dig, er også fra Danmark !

Well i like playing mages, and 100+ ping really suxxs then.

I

imported_blesh

Skylark, ::Huggles:: This is like dealing with a 2 year old. keep reacting to bad behavior and he's going to keep on coming back for more. Walllkk away. He already made enough of an ass out of himself claiming he had a GM toon in two days on siege.

Here we have a case of S.P.S. Clearly his arrogance, not just here, but on many other boards (including my home shards pvp thread) Cry out that he is compensaing for something. ::frowns::

Not that I'm telling anyone what to do, But honestly. Let the baby have his bottle. If not, well, free bumps of the siege thread. Rico spent I'm sure much time putting those thoughts together and written for us, at least this way people will (hopefully) read it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Skylark, ::Huggles:: This is like dealing with a 2 year old. keep reacting to bad behavior and he's going to keep on coming back for more. Walllkk away. He already made enough of an ass out of himself claiming he had a GM toon in two days on siege.

Here we have a case of S.P.S. Clearly his arrogance, not just here, but on many other boards (including my home shards pvp thread) Cry out that he is compensaing for something. ::frowns::

Not that I'm telling anyone what to do, But honestly. Let the baby have his bottle. If not, well, free bumps of the siege thread. Rico spent I'm sure much time putting those thoughts together and written for us, at least this way people will (hopefully) read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

True...shooting fish in a barrel is no fun.

*wanders off to decorate something*

-Skylark

G

Blesh wasn't it you who told me how to kill the blackrocks? Sir Mister?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hej med dig, er også fra Danmark !

Well i like playing mages, and 100+ ping really suxxs then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure we have several mages with ping 100. Now I never played a mage so I have no idea how bad it is

G

*grins* It always tickles me that certain folks feel they just HAVE to jump in when someone says "why don't you try Siege?".

It's as if they're terrified that all their friends will hear, and rapidly migrate, or something...

G

<blockquote><hr>

*grins* It always tickles me that certain folks feel they just HAVE to jump in when someone says "why don't you try Siege?".

It's as if they're terrified that all their friends will hear, and rapidly migrate, or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe, they are sick of board clutter when there are already several other "Join my shard, it's dead with a bizarre ruleset" posts.

I'll say it again:

-There are no new players in this game
-Even if there were, they would all be used to item insurance (Wow, Daoc, EQ)
-All players that read stratics UOhall know about Siege
-If they wanted to try your shard, they would have done so already

C

Connor_Graham

"There are no new players in this game"

There are plenty of new players in this game. I've run into at least a dozen or more during the current event, and those are only the ones that feel they can live long enough to stick around for a bit. I see [young] tags daily, and not from the same characters either. Granted some of those could be existing players on new accounts, but most certainly not all of them are.

G

You really are out of your mind if you believe new players are coming into UO. First of all, the only UO boxes you will find at stores anymore are leftover unsold gold packages. Undoubtedly, nearly all [young] players you see are prior players starting a new account. Even when a brand new player occasionally does join UO, chances are they will quit when their month has ended due to the lure or much more popular and pretty games on the market today.

G

I don't mind a thread started like this one about wanting people to come to Siege, but I think a lot of people (myself included) got tired when the Siege posters started spamming every OTHER thread that mentioned an issue on the normal shards with their spiel.

If Rico can get a lot of PvPers over on Siege and they all have fun, good for them. Far be it from me to try and stop them.

However, I personally don't respond well to the point mentioned above or the "Siege Pride!" post-marches that occur from time to time.

If I wanted to play Siege, I'd be playing on Siege.

So I'll wish Rico luck in his Siege endeavor and leave the Shard Pride/Bashing to others.

C

Connor_Graham

"You really are out of your mind if you believe new players are coming into UO."

I guess the meds must be better than I thought then, because I've talked to, and helped out, quite a few new players within the past 6-7 months.

"chances are they will quit when their month has ended"

Funny that the ones I've talked to for the most part have been playing for several months now. Maybe their calendars are broken or something?

G

So a couple new players end up staying... that still doesn't change the fact that its an insignificant amount.

G

Why do you seem anxious to keep people from even trying Siege? Should we start making posts telling people how awful you are at brokering, and how you scam people?

Sorry, if you don't like Siege, fine. Go pee in someone else's pool...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why do you seem anxious to keep people from even trying Siege? Should we start making posts telling people how awful you are at brokering, and how you scam people?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because that would be slander. I would just appreciate you guys limiting yourself to one post per week, pointless as they are.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because that would be slander. I would just appreciate you guys limiting yourself to one post per week, pointless as they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

As are many of your posts about Siege. They are based on your experience on the shard. That doesn't mean everyone will have the same experience.

Besides, I'll do that once you limit your brokering advertising to a single post every week. Pull it from your sig so I don't have to see every time you post.

See how silly that is?...la

G

My posts are factual. There isn't another way to interpret them. When you tell me one thing I posted that is untrue, I won't post in this thread again.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rico's posts on the old Ianstorm site got me to to switch to Siege when Age of Stuff came out with insurance

G

Ya really I don't want to hear about that shard anymore.

No one wants to jump on the Siege bandwagon, sorry....

G

Ok, 2 things, if you don't want to keep hearing about the shard, then stay the **** out of the topic.

And, I'm sure lots of people would "jump on the Siege bandwagon" if they removed, or at least reduced, ROT. I know I would, I tried Siege on my friend's account a while back and it was great, but I just don't have the patience to train up a new character with the ROT system.

I

imported_archite666

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not, we just got 3 new players yesterday in moonglow, I dont care what you all say, we have a right to post here and we will continue to do so, if you want to shut us up, come on over to siege and try, in the mean time thanks for the free bumps!

Siege Perilous!
Its the place to be!
To kill
To loot
And most of all,
To be all we can be!

G

I'll never go to siege again it's horrid. It's amazing when you actually know what players are new to the shard lol...

OMG NEW PLAYER ALERT, to bad they wanted to just check out how things are in moonglow there and leave.

C

Connor_Graham

"My posts are factual. There isn't another way to interpret them. When you tell me one thing I posted that is untrue, I won't post in this thread again. "

Ok, then how about this one:

"So a couple new players end up staying"

I clearly stated I'd met a dozen or more new players, and that they'd all been around for several months, not to mention the [young] players that I've seen and met. That's more than a couple, which would indicate 2-ish.

Cya in another thread.

G

LOL Alyssa you crack me up. I didnt know you could get pwned that badly on siege to still have resentments on the boards about it.

Its funny to see people who tried siege but couldnt cut it posting on the boards.

but seriously, Why do you have to bring down this thread? Is not being able to compete in a real verision of UO not hurtful enough to you? You have to bring the hurt back and rub it our faces?

I think you could of shown A LOT more respect by just not posting and avoiding this thread. thanks for a lot of nothing

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What has he said that's not true? The post was addressed to pvpers, what little post on these forums, responded with their opinions.

<blockquote><hr>

Is not being able to compete in a real verision of UO not hurtful enough to you

[/ QUOTE ]

Idiotic comments like this are another reason people are sick to death of Siege posters constantly going on and on in threads that don't refer to them in anyway what so ever - this one being the exception.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? What made you come back into this thread?...la

G

LOL, you again? I recall you having the same type of complaints on another forum in which I-C came, had there hats handed to them, and they left the shard entirely...la

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your speaking about where I think your speaking about, we certainly didn't get our asses handed to us, despite most of us having horrific pings playing on a server the other side of the world. The server in question was fairly boring and template restrictive, so er yeah.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"My posts are factual. There isn't another way to interpret them. When you tell me one thing I posted that is untrue, I won't post in this thread again. "

Ok, then how about this one:

"So a couple new players end up staying"

I clearly stated I'd met a dozen or more new players, and that they'd all been around for several months, not to mention the [young] players that I've seen and met. That's more than a couple, which would indicate 2-ish.

Cya in another thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

a couple of, more than two, but not many, of; a small number of; a few: It will take a couple of days for the package to get there. Also, a couple.

I honestly do not believe you have met "12" real new players, maybe over the spawn of a year I would believe. There are always [young] players that will pretend in order to get some decent gear from suckers as well.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We never had complete chars there, so no, we really didn't. We didn't like the server, so we moved on, not hard to comprehend, but thanks for showing your interest in us. Apparantly you know the guild history better than me.

Must be making your shard look really appealing.

C

Connor_Graham

"I honestly do not believe you have met "12" real new players,"

Oh that's right.....I forgot you're a mind reader and know if a person is telling a lie or not.....*rolls eyes*

If I say I've met a dozen or more, then I've met a dozen or more, and that's pretty much that. Hell, just go over to the archery and samurai forums and you'll see quite a few that have posted there looking for advice. Or go to the Q&amp;A forum and you'll see the same. Then of course you seem to be pretty jaded toward UO altogether, so you probably won't believe they're new either. Seems the only thing you want to do with UO is to sell stuff for RL $$. Maybe you should try actually playing the game, in Tram, where the new players are. You might be surprised.

"There are always [young] players that will pretend in order to get some decent gear from suckers as well. "

Yep, there sure are. It's also pretty easy to spot who they are, and who a true new player is.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTTLFP (Responding To The Last Few Posts)....

How the hell did this get to be a "Siege vs Production Shards" pissing competition?

Come on guys, why are you taking cheap shots at each other when there are the "I can GM on Siege in 29 minutes if I can be arsed to put the effort in" people wandering around with great big targets painted on their backs??

G

<blockquote><hr>

I honestly do not believe you have met "12" real new players, maybe over the spawn of a year I would believe. There are always [young] players that will pretend in order to get some decent gear from suckers as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to go to the NEW guild page on MYUO, they will show all the new players within the last 30 days that have joined the guild.

In addition to that, again, you show your lack of knowledge of Siege. You can't even get Siege Perilous to show up on your login screen with young status...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to go to the NEW guild page on MYUO, they will show all the new players within the last 30 days that have joined the guild.

In addition to that, again, you show your lack of knowledge of Siege. You can't even get Siege Perilous to show up on your login screen with young status...la

[/ QUOTE ]

We weren't talking about siege, buddy. Read before you write. NEW guild page? lol What the hell are you talking about.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

The scoundrel rico wrote on page 1 post 1:
<blockquote><hr>

One of the cool little player made features on Siege is a guild that was created to assist new players and their transition onto the shard. It’s abbreviation is NEW. This guild is for new characters (go figure). Most guilds on the shard have a peace agreement with NEW. This means that while you are in the guild (1-month max.), you will be able to train in relative peace. This guild may not be good for large groups that come over together, but it is great for smaller groups or individuals.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wrote:
<blockquote><hr>

Read before you write.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice!

<blockquote><hr>

We weren't talking about siege, buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, it's his thread - about Siege.

I

imported_archite666

Allow me to explain how owned you really are for that comment...

On Siege we have a guild called NEW, in new you can join and stay for only 30 days, after that they kick you out, its a guild to help you get started on Siege. They make your guild title the date you joined.

Here is the list

That is the uo.com listing of everyone in the NEW guild, it shows their guild titles which are the dates they joined, it clearing shows that in the last 30 days, we have had 16 people join the new guild, that doest show EVERYONE we have had join but it does show a minimum of 16 people have joined in the last 30 days, so

In your face

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I had meet more than 12 real new players over the last years who made it on Siege without learning the game on Trammel shards first. In many ways it was easier for them, when they did not try to do it the trammel way.

Last Rico was inviting players to Siege, we had around 80 new SP players each month in the NEW guild and I believe as many who did not join the NEW guild. For PvP players and thieves, the rules about staying neutral is a little to hard.

Most PK or Thief wannabe will know how to make it on their own. The NEW guild is mostly for players who are not use to non PvP and need a little help to get use to it.