• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention all PvPers: An invitation…

G

Ok folks, it’s been a long time since I have either played Ultima or even posted on the UO forums at Stratics. I have taken an old notice I sent out a few years back, and up dated it. As you can see, the issue of Siege being a low population has been the same for the last 7 years or so, so the invitation has only been modified to update some of the terminology…

I have been lurking around all the Stratics shard forums, and many of the other fan sites, and I have been thinking of ways to get more folks over to Siege. I think I have come up with an idea that could do it. This invitation is for all, but primarily guilds and individuals who enjoy PvP.

As we all know PvP has been downgraded drastically in the last publishes and I have noticed increased calls for EA/Mythic to create a PvP shard. As we have all been told, this is not going to happen, (at least this is what the EA/Mythic representatives have told us), so why don’t “we” create a PvP shard of our own, (not a player run shard). Here is the deal, gather your guild mates up and make the move over to Siege. The reason I have spread this post over multiple forums is so everyone has an equal amount of time to get players trained up. Right now, the shard does not have many PvPers on it so the competition would primarily be in the same boat as you are, (just starting off).

Why Siege? Well this one is simple. Our shard is the one that does not have insurance. It is this fact that makes our PvP the closest thing to the way it used to be, skill based, not item based. Without insurance, increasingly people are not carrying around uber weapons or wearing uber armor without risk of losing it all. People only carry that which they are willing to lose in battle, (or gank if that is the case). We do have a special item called the Siege Bless which allows all players to bless a single item to assist them in their day to day playing, but you will not see players running around in full insured suits wearing jewels that allow crazy templates because of all of the extra skill points.

If you are wondering about the other rules concerning the differences between Siege and the production shards, go to the Siege Perilous page here at Stratics, there are stickies at the top of the forum to help you understand the differences.

One of the cool little player made features on Siege is a guild that was created to assist new players and their transition onto the shard. It’s abbreviation is NEW. This guild is for new characters (go figure). Most guilds on the shard have a peace agreement with NEW. This means that while you are in the guild (1-month max.), you will be able to train in relative peace. This guild may not be good for large groups that come over together, but it is great for smaller groups or individuals.

You may also be wondering how you can manage as a guild with only PVP characters…well, there are plenty of crafters on the shard that have very low prices for their goods, so you can actually get away without having a guild mule. On the other hand, I am sure if you get enough people to come over with you, some of these peeps will either want to create a character with some crafting skills, or have multiple accounts and can create both a PvP and Mule character.

As of right now, there are a few groups that organize PvP tournaments, but right now, these tourneys are player versus player competitions. Once more and more larger guilds come to the shard, guild wars can once again become rampant as they once were, and you and your guild can fight for territory or just travel through Sosaria looking for fights.

For those of you that wonder about housing…there is plenty of it. I know of a guild that created a guild town within the last month, and most of the plots that were placed were 18x18’s. If you have heard about Siege pricing, well that is all pre-AoS…all new plots are production shard priced…the only thing is, if you want a classic house, you will have to pay the 3x price that we were paying prior to our latest expansion. I know, I know, you have a house on a production shard and don’t want to drop it for a house on Siege. There is no need, just pool your resources with your guildies. If just one of you has an account that doesn’t have home, you can put up a guild house for all members to use a retreat.

If you are into any type of Role-play, Siege has our own RP community as well (it has been shrinking as of late, but this too can be assisted with new blood). If you compare the size of our population to that of the production shards, I would say the percentage of role player to non role-players is probable larger than those other shards, again, I think that having only one character slot has helped this. Do not get me wrong though, although there are many role players here, do not think they will not kill you if they get the chance, those orcs sure do hate hummies. (hopefully we can get some orcs to re-inhabit the old Orc Fort again)

One warning though, if you do choose to take this invitation, be aware that many of the people on this shard are vets and usually target those that have dewd names or names with alternating caps. So make character names that won’t bring any wrath down on you…and don’t forget, if you do come, WELCOME, if you see me in game, stop by and say hi, most players here don’t bite, (too hard)…la

G

Ok folks, it’s been a long time since I have either played Ultima or even posted on the UO forums at Stratics. I have taken an old notice I sent out a few years back, and up dated it. As you can see, the issue of Siege being a low population has been the same for the last 7 years or so, so the invitation has only been modified to update some of the terminology…

I have been lurking around all the Stratics shard forums, and many of the other fan sites, and I have been thinking of ways to get more folks over to Siege. I think I have come up with an idea that could do it. This invitation is for all, but primarily guilds and individuals who enjoy PvP.

As we all know PvP has been downgraded drastically in the last publishes and I have noticed increased calls for EA/Mythic to create a PvP shard. As we have all been told, this is not going to happen, (at least this is what the EA/Mythic representatives have told us), so why don’t “we” create a PvP shard of our own, (not a player run shard). Here is the deal, gather your guild mates up and make the move over to Siege. The reason I have spread this post over multiple forums is so everyone has an equal amount of time to get players trained up. Right now, the shard does not have many PvPers on it so the competition would primarily be in the same boat as you are, (just starting off).

Why Siege? Well this one is simple. Our shard is the one that does not have insurance. It is this fact that makes our PvP the closest thing to the way it used to be, skill based, not item based. Without insurance, increasingly people are not carrying around uber weapons or wearing uber armor without risk of losing it all. People only carry that which they are willing to lose in battle, (or gank if that is the case). We do have a special item called the Siege Bless which allows all players to bless a single item to assist them in their day to day playing, but you will not see players running around in full insured suits wearing jewels that allow crazy templates because of all of the extra skill points.

If you are wondering about the other rules concerning the differences between Siege and the production shards, go to the Siege Perilous page here at Stratics, there are stickies at the top of the forum to help you understand the differences.

One of the cool little player made features on Siege is a guild that was created to assist new players and their transition onto the shard. It’s abbreviation is NEW. This guild is for new characters (go figure). Most guilds on the shard have a peace agreement with NEW. This means that while you are in the guild (1-month max.), you will be able to train in relative peace. This guild may not be good for large groups that come over together, but it is great for smaller groups or individuals.

You may also be wondering how you can manage as a guild with only PVP characters…well, there are plenty of crafters on the shard that have very low prices for their goods, so you can actually get away without having a guild mule. On the other hand, I am sure if you get enough people to come over with you, some of these peeps will either want to create a character with some crafting skills, or have multiple accounts and can create both a PvP and Mule character.

As of right now, there are a few groups that organize PvP tournaments, but right now, these tourneys are player versus player competitions. Once more and more larger guilds come to the shard, guild wars can once again become rampant as they once were, and you and your guild can fight for territory or just travel through Sosaria looking for fights.

For those of you that wonder about housing…there is plenty of it. I know of a guild that created a guild town within the last month, and most of the plots that were placed were 18x18’s. If you have heard about Siege pricing, well that is all pre-AoS…all new plots are production shard priced…the only thing is, if you want a classic house, you will have to pay the 3x price that we were paying prior to our latest expansion. I know, I know, you have a house on a production shard and don’t want to drop it for a house on Siege. There is no need, just pool your resources with your guildies. If just one of you has an account that doesn’t have home, you can put up a guild house for all members to use a retreat.

If you are into any type of Role-play, Siege has our own RP community as well (it has been shrinking as of late, but this too can be assisted with new blood). If you compare the size of our population to that of the production shards, I would say the percentage of role player to non role-players is probable larger than those other shards, again, I think that having only one character slot has helped this. Do not get me wrong though, although there are many role players here, do not think they will not kill you if they get the chance, those orcs sure do hate hummies. (hopefully we can get some orcs to re-inhabit the old Orc Fort again)

One warning though, if you do choose to take this invitation, be aware that many of the people on this shard are vets and usually target those that have dewd names or names with alternating caps. So make character names that won’t bring any wrath down on you…and don’t forget, if you do come, WELCOME, if you see me in game, stop by and say hi, most players here don’t bite, (too hard)…la

G

Actually, Seige has by far the most unbalanced pvp, due to the sheer power of tamers and uber blessed weapons. Lousy suits coupled with an attack from these = nearly instant death.

You don't take out item insurance in an item based game.

The only way seige is related whatsoever to the old days is that it's still possible to lose items, nearly all of the original players have moved on to free shards.

Seige will be among the first shards that has the plug pulled.

Thiefing on a real shard (production shard) takes by far the most skill and excitement due to passive detect and being a successful powerscroll/harrower thief.

Nearly all vet players have little to no interest in taking 6 months of dedication to complete a character when they have trained characters for numerous years.

Battling the same templetes day after day makes pvp diversity small and uneventful.

Have a good time on your dead server while it lasts, or go play with the original siegers on free shards.

G

Actually, Seige has by far the most unbalanced pvp, due to the sheer power of tamers and uber blessed weapons. Lousy suits coupled with an attack from these = nearly instant death.

You don't take out item insurance in an item based game.

The only way seige is related whatsoever to the old days is that it's still possible to lose items, nearly all of the original players have moved on to free shards.

Seige will be among the first shards that has the plug pulled.

Thiefing on a real shard (production shard) takes by far the most skill and excitement due to passive detect and being a successful powerscroll/harrower thief.

Nearly all vet players have little to no interest in taking 6 months of dedication to complete a character when they have trained characters for numerous years.

Battling the same templetes day after day makes pvp diversity small and uneventful.

Have a good time on your dead server while it lasts, or go play with the original siegers on free shards.

G

I hate to break it to you, but stealing power scrolls is not what you appear to be making it out as. Stealing one stone items really isn't too tough. With all of the recent adds to allow egg bombs and the like. Getting out of a champ spawn is rather easy. IMO. It has bored me for years, and thus the reason, I have not really gotten involved with it.

That being said...

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you may have missed the point of this post. To actually get more players to come to our "Dead" shard. And, I will have have fun on the shard.

PS, I really hope you aren't suggesting to anyone to go play on PRS? That might get you into trouble...la

G

I hate to break it to you, but stealing power scrolls is not what you appear to be making it out as. Stealing one stone items really isn't too tough. With all of the recent adds to allow egg bombs and the like. Getting out of a champ spawn is rather easy. IMO. It has bored me for years, and thus the reason, I have not really gotten involved with it.

That being said...

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you may have missed the point of this post. To actually get more players to come to our "Dead" shard. And, I will have have fun on the shard.

PS, I really hope you aren't suggesting to anyone to go play on PRS? That might get you into trouble...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

That being said...

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously have never been a thief on a prodo shard then. And yes, everytime a seige player ever posts here, it's to get more people to play their shard.

I have news for you:
-Everyone on these boards knows exactly what seige is.
-If they wanted to play seige, they would
-Three different "Join Siege" posts a day isn't going to change their mind
-I am being an a-hole but you seigers really need to get it into your head
-No one wants to join your shard, there aren't any new players in UO anyway, and even if there were, they would undoubtably want insurance (Wowers, Everquesters, daocers)

G

<blockquote><hr>

That being said...

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously have never been a thief on a prodo shard then. And yes, everytime a seige player ever posts here, it's to get more people to play their shard.

I have news for you:
-Everyone on these boards knows exactly what seige is.
-If they wanted to play seige, they would
-Three different "Join Siege" posts a day isn't going to change their mind
-I am being an a-hole but you seigers really need to get it into your head
-No one wants to join your shard, there aren't any new players in UO anyway, and even if there were, they would undoubtably want insurance (Wowers, Everquesters, daocers)

G

<blockquote><hr>

You obviously have never been a thief on a prodo shard then.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

<blockquote><hr>

I have news for you:

-I am being an a-hole...

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is your perogative. I'd prefer to keep the tone, a few notches lower...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

You obviously have never been a thief on a prodo shard then.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

<blockquote><hr>

I have news for you:

-I am being an a-hole...

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is your perogative. I'd prefer to keep the tone, a few notches lower...la

G

its good to have ambition, and tryin to make new things happen in this game thats slowly goin down hill, i personallly dont pvp much anymore but, i would think for real pvp'rs siege would be good, like scoundrel said shows the people that actually have skill not items...... i say keep tryin whats the worst that could happen you get a a-hole to speak his mind once in a while... and/or get a few more new players to your shard. Good Luck on your journey!

G

its good to have ambition, and tryin to make new things happen in this game thats slowly goin down hill, i personallly dont pvp much anymore but, i would think for real pvp'rs siege would be good, like scoundrel said shows the people that actually have skill not items...... i say keep tryin whats the worst that could happen you get a a-hole to speak his mind once in a while... and/or get a few more new players to your shard. Good Luck on your journey!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I played Seige for around 6 months in OTF. Trust me, "real pvpers" and "seige" never belong in the same sentence.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I played Seige for around 6 months in OTF. Trust me, "real pvpers" and "seige" never belong in the same sentence.

K

Kat SP

To anyone interested in the possibility of playing Siege, I highly reccommend reading Mythbusting Siege. There is a tremendous amount of useful information there! It's a great read, if you're interested. It also has updated information that has yet to be updated on Stratics.

Also highly reccommended, is visiting the NEW Forum. NEW offers membership to new players to Siege Perilous for your first 30 days. Even if you prefer to train on your own, this is a great source of information on the guilds of Siege and many other things.

Btw, I want to convey that we aren't looking to pull anyone away from the shard they are currently playing. If that is where you are happy, that is where you should be. For those who are bored and looking for something to renew their interest and excitement, Siege may just be what you're looking for.

Feel free to also use the link below my sig and register to our guild forums. We have a new player forum there and many of our members will be happy to answer questions and offer advice when necessary. Many of us read and post there throughout the day.

K

Kat SP

To anyone interested in the possibility of playing Siege, I highly reccommend reading Mythbusting Siege. There is a tremendous amount of useful information there! It's a great read, if you're interested. It also has updated information that has yet to be updated on Stratics.

Also highly reccommended, is visiting the NEW Forum. NEW offers membership to new players to Siege Perilous for your first 30 days. Even if you prefer to train on your own, this is a great source of information on the guilds of Siege and many other things.

Btw, I want to convey that we aren't looking to pull anyone away from the shard they are currently playing. If that is where you are happy, that is where you should be. For those who are bored and looking for something to renew their interest and excitement, Siege may just be what you're looking for.

Feel free to also use the link below my sig and register to our guild forums. We have a new player forum there and many of our members will be happy to answer questions and offer advice when necessary. Many of us read and post there throughout the day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I played Seige for around 6 months in OTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, it's Siege

next...

You are a PvP God.

*bows with a flourish*

We get the point, you don't like the shard. That's great. Thanks for the bump by the way...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

I played Seige for around 6 months in OTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, it's Siege

next...

You are a PvP God.

*bows with a flourish*

We get the point, you don't like the shard. That's great. Thanks for the bump by the way...la

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alyssa you really need to ease up.

Free Tip: Don't read the Siege related threads if you don't like 'em.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alyssa you really need to ease up.

Free Tip: Don't read the Siege related threads if you don't like 'em.

G

I just want to dispel a few myths mentioned in this thread:

- GM barbed leather armour on Siege has an average of 60 in all resists, which is pretty much the same if you get cursed. Add in some nice items or runic armour, and you've easily surpassed the average of 60 in all resists. So, the suits aren't lousy.

- Everyone on these boards doesn't know exactly what Siege is. I have a character in NEW (a guild mentioned in this thread), and I have NEVER met or added someone to NEW that knew exactly what Siege is when they first came to this shard. I actually can't believe how when after I tell people Siege has no item insurance, how many people say "Really?" I even went to a town hall meeting once, and was just discussing with the people at my table years ago about how unbalanced personal bless deeds made Siege, and a few people came back to me with "Why don't you just use insurance?"

- If you can not spell Siege, I wouldn't exactly take your opinion to be an expert about the shard.

G

I just want to dispel a few myths mentioned in this thread:

- GM barbed leather armour on Siege has an average of 60 in all resists, which is pretty much the same if you get cursed. Add in some nice items or runic armour, and you've easily surpassed the average of 60 in all resists. So, the suits aren't lousy.

- Everyone on these boards doesn't know exactly what Siege is. I have a character in NEW (a guild mentioned in this thread), and I have NEVER met or added someone to NEW that knew exactly what Siege is when they first came to this shard. I actually can't believe how when after I tell people Siege has no item insurance, how many people say "Really?" I even went to a town hall meeting once, and was just discussing with the people at my table years ago about how unbalanced personal bless deeds made Siege, and a few people came back to me with "Why don't you just use insurance?"

- If you can not spell Siege, I wouldn't exactly take your opinion to be an expert about the shard.

I

imported_onthefifty

i made a char on siege. totally newbie mage guy. was walking along, some guy comes up, totally sees the char is a newb. poisons me and kills me, never says a word.

welcome to siege i guess.

i'll get back there at some point and seek out the new guild though. just won't be this day...

I

imported_onthefifty

i made a char on siege. totally newbie mage guy. was walking along, some guy comes up, totally sees the char is a newb. poisons me and kills me, never says a word.

welcome to siege i guess.

i'll get back there at some point and seek out the new guild though. just won't be this day...

G

No one is going to siege bud, that shard is trash. PERIOD PERIOD.

G

K

Kat SP

When someone graciously offers you an invitation to a party which you are not interest in attending, would you really take the time to decline AND ALSO berate them for inviting you?

K

Kat SP

When someone graciously offers you an invitation to a party which you are not interest in attending, would you really take the time to decline AND ALSO berate them for inviting you?

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
He must be a popular guy in real life.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
He must be a popular guy in real life.

G

Well take it as my invitation to move to a real shard so Siege can finally be shipped off to japan and closed forever so all you people will stop crying about how bad it is becuase no one in their right mind is going to play on it.

G

Well take it as my invitation to move to a real shard so Siege can finally be shipped off to japan and closed forever so all you people will stop crying about how bad it is becuase no one in their right mind is going to play on it.

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I went there and I can't imagine ever going back to Lake Superior.

Production shards are better for casual players. They are better for scripters too.

Siege is good for people who desire something a bit more challenging.

To each his own.

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I went there and I can't imagine ever going back to Lake Superior.

Production shards are better for casual players. They are better for scripters too.

Siege is good for people who desire something a bit more challenging.

To each his own.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So start your own thread instead of sh!tting up some else's.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So start your own thread instead of sh!tting up some else's.

G

<font color=red>T'Amon the paying customer and player is responding!! I'm making REALLY sure y'all understand that!</font color=red>

Wow! You must be a riot at parties - if you are invited to them!

I've played Siege. While I am really not into PvP, the time I spent there was fun, educational - totally due to the spirit of the people who live there.

G

<font color=red>T'Amon the paying customer and player is responding!! I'm making REALLY sure y'all understand that!</font color=red>

Wow! You must be a riot at parties - if you are invited to them!

I've played Siege. While I am really not into PvP, the time I spent there was fun, educational - totally due to the spirit of the people who live there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, Siege seems to be a "last stop" for many people who played "real" shards for a long time. I discovered I was far in the minority of people, in mainly beginning my UO experience on Siege, after a short time on a regular shard.

No one really expects someone to leave a place they are currently enjoying playing (how silly would that be?), but some people are getting bored but don't really know there is something different to try in the game. As someone else explained, it is surprising how many people who are veterans of the game, arrive on Siege and don't know basics about the differences. Some end up enjoying the differences, some do not care for them, and don't stay.

Mentioning the option doesn't hurt anyone. Being polite sure doesn't hurt either.

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, Siege seems to be a "last stop" for many people who played "real" shards for a long time. I discovered I was far in the minority of people, in mainly beginning my UO experience on Siege, after a short time on a regular shard.

No one really expects someone to leave a place they are currently enjoying playing (how silly would that be?), but some people are getting bored but don't really know there is something different to try in the game. As someone else explained, it is surprising how many people who are veterans of the game, arrive on Siege and don't know basics about the differences. Some end up enjoying the differences, some do not care for them, and don't stay.

Mentioning the option doesn't hurt anyone. Being polite sure doesn't hurt either.

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that could happen. But really, is that reason to not play the shard (note: I'm not suggesting you are saying you won't)? I don't think so.

The thing most people who play Siege learn, early on, is that death is just a temporary condition. The pixels that are looted of your corpse, are just that...pixels. You can replace them with more pixels. Also, people on Siege tend to have long memories. Kill someone when they are a newbie to the shard, could create a long time fued between this player and others. or, you could forget about it and move on. There are all types on the shard, but i will say most that play here...do have thicker skins than many I have played with on production shards...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that could happen. But really, is that reason to not play the shard (note: I'm not suggesting you are saying you won't)? I don't think so.

The thing most people who play Siege learn, early on, is that death is just a temporary condition. The pixels that are looted of your corpse, are just that...pixels. You can replace them with more pixels. Also, people on Siege tend to have long memories. Kill someone when they are a newbie to the shard, could create a long time fued between this player and others. or, you could forget about it and move on. There are all types on the shard, but i will say most that play here...do have thicker skins than many I have played with on production shards...la

X

xxEvolusxx

I played a prodo shard off and on for about 6 months before switching to Siege.

Siege has it's ups and down, and the RoT is really killing things.

The Prodo shard just didn't offer me any risk. Wheres the risk when all you do is die, ressurect, and then open your backpack and everything is still there?

So I moved to Siege after hearingi someone speak about it. I've enjoyed my time there. I haven't been ganked yet, but I have been hiding in the shadows. I only have time to play about 5 hours a week. I know thats not a lot, and because of that the RoT is ruining my fun.

I've only played Ultima now off and on for about a year or so. I've tried other games, but Ultima is by far the best community wise.

X

xxEvolusxx

I played a prodo shard off and on for about 6 months before switching to Siege.

Siege has it's ups and down, and the RoT is really killing things.

The Prodo shard just didn't offer me any risk. Wheres the risk when all you do is die, ressurect, and then open your backpack and everything is still there?

So I moved to Siege after hearingi someone speak about it. I've enjoyed my time there. I haven't been ganked yet, but I have been hiding in the shadows. I only have time to play about 5 hours a week. I know thats not a lot, and because of that the RoT is ruining my fun.

I've only played Ultima now off and on for about a year or so. I've tried other games, but Ultima is by far the best community wise.

G

Yup, I got that. Char 2 hours old, still in the clothes the game gave me. Ran into dear 'ole Cheapsuit on Glow. One dead newbie.

Only I'm still there, running a profitable crafting business, built myself a chateau, made some friends. Died a few more times, but what the heck, I pick myself up, dust myself off and put it behind me.

I'm even on fairly cordial terms with Cheapie, when I come across him. We're not friends, I barely know him, but he's not an enemy. I don't have any enemies.

Playing on Siege isn't an all or nothing choice. I still have a full family of characters on Europa too. I play whichever I'm in the mood for. Siege makes a refreshing change. It's not all about pk or be pk'd, it makes me think.

I had to think about the order I trained my skills in, since I couldn't buy any. No good training tailoring if you can't make yourself a sewing kit to do it with.
I have to think about where I'm going, and when, when is it fairly safe? and when is it totally foolish?
With limited skills on only one char, I have to think about how to get supplies. Do I buy them from another player, or is there a way I can get them myself?

Did you know that an elf with no JoaT can gather bones for crafting if she equips herself with swords skill jewels and dread pirate's hat, add in an hci Heartwood suit and weapon. Sorted.

Siege taxes my brain and ingenuity. I enjoy being there.

G

Yup, I got that. Char 2 hours old, still in the clothes the game gave me. Ran into dear 'ole Cheapsuit on Glow. One dead newbie.

Only I'm still there, running a profitable crafting business, built myself a chateau, made some friends. Died a few more times, but what the heck, I pick myself up, dust myself off and put it behind me.

I'm even on fairly cordial terms with Cheapie, when I come across him. We're not friends, I barely know him, but he's not an enemy. I don't have any enemies.

Playing on Siege isn't an all or nothing choice. I still have a full family of characters on Europa too. I play whichever I'm in the mood for. Siege makes a refreshing change. It's not all about pk or be pk'd, it makes me think.

I had to think about the order I trained my skills in, since I couldn't buy any. No good training tailoring if you can't make yourself a sewing kit to do it with.
I have to think about where I'm going, and when, when is it fairly safe? and when is it totally foolish?
With limited skills on only one char, I have to think about how to get supplies. Do I buy them from another player, or is there a way I can get them myself?

Did you know that an elf with no JoaT can gather bones for crafting if she equips herself with swords skill jewels and dread pirate's hat, add in an hci Heartwood suit and weapon. Sorted.

Siege taxes my brain and ingenuity. I enjoy being there.

G

There is room for all types on Siege. Name the playing style and we can cater to it. Sure it takes time to build characters, but you know, to me it was refreshing to take time to get me skills to their current levels. Now with soulstones, I have even started training skills I had at one time, but turned down for another template...la

G

There is room for all types on Siege. Name the playing style and we can cater to it. Sure it takes time to build characters, but you know, to me it was refreshing to take time to get me skills to their current levels. Now with soulstones, I have even started training skills I had at one time, but turned down for another template...la

F

Fayled Dhreams

Well met Rico, as you've no doubt noticed, some of the boardies, have no "better" ideas to offer.

The ease and comfort of their "home shards" has numbed their sense of adventure.
If there's no zerg guild, with its safety in numbers, to offer ... meh! not likely to get many recruits there.

The lack of insurance ... woof! terrifying to say the least, how could they ever possibly find "sufficient" replacements? for the inevitable "learning losses"?
In Luna? heh! shopping there on Siege ... will quickly get them killed !!!

Not to mention "skill gain" ... oh my god! no "Golem square"? no developed character transfers in and out? spend their precious time actually working skills?
In a system even Sieger's would like a little nerf too? not bloody likely ... thats all I'm saying.

Observe the nature of those that call for "close Siege first"
any long time players, there, in their midst? not too likely ... they quit 'cause its too hard.

"Recruiting", for Siege, here, in the Hall? nay good sir ... Siege is known as too rough, too raw.
A "better" pool of new recruits, maybe found, external to the game and specifically "the boards" ... seek ye "The Syndicate©"
for an elite corp of hard rules gamers ... there they might be found ...

tis more a question of "leadership" ... the goals and over veiw ... like in old century times ... when the cry would be raised ... come and play with me ...
needs have a response for: "what shall be the game"?

G'Luck to ye, Thou villainous earth-vexing ruffian of a thief ... may all your thefts be as sweet.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Well met Rico, as you've no doubt noticed, some of the boardies, have no "better" ideas to offer.

The ease and comfort of their "home shards" has numbed their sense of adventure.
If there's no zerg guild, with its safety in numbers, to offer ... meh! not likely to get many recruits there.

The lack of insurance ... woof! terrifying to say the least, how could they ever possibly find "sufficient" replacements? for the inevitable "learning losses"?
In Luna? heh! shopping there on Siege ... will quickly get them killed !!!

Not to mention "skill gain" ... oh my god! no "Golem square"? no developed character transfers in and out? spend their precious time actually working skills?
In a system even Sieger's would like a little nerf too? not bloody likely ... thats all I'm saying.

Observe the nature of those that call for "close Siege first"
any long time players, there, in their midst? not too likely ... they quit 'cause its too hard.

"Recruiting", for Siege, here, in the Hall? nay good sir ... Siege is known as too rough, too raw.
A "better" pool of new recruits, maybe found, external to the game and specifically "the boards" ... seek ye "The Syndicate©"
for an elite corp of hard rules gamers ... there they might be found ...

tis more a question of "leadership" ... the goals and over veiw ... like in old century times ... when the cry would be raised ... come and play with me ...
needs have a response for: "what shall be the game"?

G'Luck to ye, Thou villainous earth-vexing ruffian of a thief ... may all your thefts be as sweet.