• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone receive the currency vote cards?

G

I concede it is a trivial issue...and I will make a choice as well...to stand by Simoleans.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No. This is what you call debranding the game. They don't want it to be associated with the sim name because the gameplay is different.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm, I just want to know, in what way is it different?

I

imported_Mavric

<blockquote><hr>

omg.
I'm gonna have to get a couple bottles of Jack Daniels. Then (to paraphrase the punchline from an old joke):
"I'm gonna hafta keep drinkin' 'til one of them starts looking good."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm, now that's a good idea.

Mavric

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Come on, you all know you're lovin' on the 'AvaCash'.... don't hate

i jest, i jest.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Its like we really have no choices at all. Bucks or dollars. Very sad choices indeed. The whole world will not delete all of their cards. If you throw yours away then you throw away your vote. I can't really stand anyone that is running for president this year either but I will not throw away my vote. I will make a choice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't care - I want to be able to honestly say I had nothing to do with this nonsense.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

lol I was the one who came up with EA Bucks and I have to say I myself don't like it that much, I was hoping my other choice "Parilean or Luclian" would make it but I guess not lol...

My oldest sim on my premium account did not get the cards? Do I not get to vote lol?

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

lol I was the one who came up with EA Bucks and I have to say I myself don't like it that much, I was hoping my other choice "Parilean or Luclian" would make it but I guess not lol...

My oldest sim on my premium account did not get the cards? Do I not get to vote lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats strange, I've been hearing that alot of other people as well. I'm sure that at least by city-up tomorrow they'll get everyone their cards...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Its like we really have no choices at all. Bucks or dollars. Very sad choices indeed. The whole world will not delete all of their cards. If you throw yours away then you throw away your vote. I can't really stand anyone that is running for president this year either but I will not throw away my vote. I will make a choice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't care - I want to be able to honestly say I had nothing to do with this nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter to me. I get blamed for everything anyways.

V

ValarieNicoleBF

Who cares if they "officially" change the name, I'm still going to call them simoleans...Even if the Newbies don't know what I'm talking about

T

TrustMeInc

All the names are CRAP i think. I personaly had a great name but I cant figure out how to regester. So I will just post it here cause I am sure its too late.

"SMUCKS". LOL

Anyhow that is my 2 cents I deleted all the card crap names.

R

Rachael2008

"Its like we really have no choices at all. Bucks or dollars. Very sad choices indeed. The whole world will not delete all of their cards. If you throw yours away then you throw away your vote. I can't really stand anyone that is running for president this year either but I will not throw away my vote. I will make a choice."

Who is elected President matters. No one should throw away their vote on that. That really is not that same issue!

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

"Its like we really have no choices at all. Bucks or dollars. Very sad choices indeed. The whole world will not delete all of their cards. If you throw yours away then you throw away your vote. I can't really stand anyone that is running for president this year either but I will not throw away my vote. I will make a choice."

Who is elected President matters. No one should throw away their vote on that. That really is not that same issue!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL comparing this to president election is too funny.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it matters. I've been given the power to help someone win 5k in game. I plan to help them out.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I don't think you get it if you win.

You get 5k for being in the top 5.

Edit:
" The people that suggest the top 5 pick will receive 5,000 simoleans in EA-Land. If a person has more than one item in the top 5, then they will receive the simoleans x the number of times they’re in the top 5. " - TSO-E

G

<blockquote><hr>

ohhhh, I forgot to say, I vote for rosebuds

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL now that would have been an awesome name !

Polly

P

Paula777

a

**slap in the face**

for all those taking the time coming up with great suggestions !

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

a

**slap in the face**

for all those taking the time coming up with great suggestions !

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've been given the power to help someone win 5k in game. I plan to help them out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't do it, Gracie! It's a trick - it'll cost you thousands of brane cells!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats strange, I've been hearing that alot of other people as well. I'm sure that at least by city-up tomorrow they'll get everyone their cards...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if those people who have 1 of the top 5 choices won't get to vote, since chances are they'd vote for their own choice. That's probably not it, but I was wondering so I thouht I'd say it LOL.

M

muskratbait

I am not voting for those stupid names, I am deleting my cards in hope it reduces the unbelievable lag that occured with their issuance. I can't believe how much patience I have tried to have with this game, to have such continued ridiculousness. Really is this a test, I just gotta know...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I've been given the power to help someone win 5k in game. I plan to help them out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't do it, Gracie! It's a trick - it'll cost you thousands of brane cells!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG. It costs to vote? umm....er...Can someone loan me some brane cells?

D

DGLita

Well I guess it was obvious nothing that included sim would make the cut, but come on these are dire.

How can they end up with 4 out of 5 of the contenders with the word bucks, Ea can buck off as far as I am concerned.

I seriously considered deleting all my cards but ive decided that my 6 votes will go for EAdollars, because we will all just end up calling them dollars in the end.

And I guess thats what EA really want in any case

G

Repost from another thread:

Thank you, Devs!!!

I have to say, I haven't laffed so hard and enjoyed myself so much in a very long time.

If I thot about it for a week, I could not have come up with a better, or funnier, joke than the
nominations
for a new name for 'Simoleons'.

Haaaaaaaaaa!!! I still have tears rolling down my cheeks!

*deep breath*

So...................
, what are the REAL names???

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

Repost from another thread:

Thank you, Devs!!!

I have to say, I haven't laffed so hard and enjoyed myself so much in a very long time.

If I thot about it for a week, I could not have come up with a better, or funnier, joke than the
nominations
for a new name for 'Simoleons'.

Haaaaaaaaaa!!! I still have tears rolling down my cheeks!

*deep breath*

So...................
, what are the REAL names???

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, thanks for sharing.. Needed something..

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if those people who have 1 of the top 5 choices won't get to vote, since chances are they'd vote for their own choice. That's probably not it, but I was wondering so I thouht I'd say it LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine (EABucks) got on the top 5 and I voted for my self because I am selfish lol.

I do admit, I was not expecting this one to be chosen I wanted "Parilean(s)" or 'Lucian(S) or Luclean(s)" but these suggestions of mine didn't get picked. I also liked a ton of the other suggestions on the boards and I extremely doubted that I would get on the list. Oh well! Im still full of my self so I vote for me lol.

G

Where are the cheerleaders? This thread is in dire need of one.

Come on, someone has to like those choices.

Or at least come blame the suggesters instead of EA Devs.

G

All the marvelous suggestions people came up with and we end up with these

If we had been voting for the booby prize I might have chosen one but in all honesty I can't.
If I can manage to log in and stay in game long enough, I plan to delete them all.
I don't know what they have done to this game but my broadband connection is like dial-up, not to mention the error 101, 102 etc., etc.,

I

imported_werfreaks

Perhaps if they had given more time to come up with names they would have had some better options. By the time I heard about the idea of submitting names to replace the old one it was already to late. What was the hurry? Aren't there more important issues to deal with right now?

Besides I will still call them what I have always called them....$ so it doesn't really matter if they call them.

I

imported_eggchick7

Ur joking rn't u? There is no such thing as simoleons anymore sims dont even exist just avatars in avatar land busy avatarring what a load of crock and I wont use my vote, the choices are too sappy for words.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

Where are the cheerleaders? This thread is in dire need of one.

Come on, someone has to like those choices.

Or at least come blame the suggesters instead of EA Devs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen, honey.. I put away my pom poms in 2003 k? lol... omg Aqua - your siggie made my day - total roflmao!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

EAucks

Add that to your verbalizations between shots of JD.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about - MFEBDs?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

But, I think I was too subtle.

EAucks is pronounded YUKS.

Ok. My turn to hit the JD.

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

Who cares if they "officially" change the name, I'm still going to call them simoleans...Even if the Newbies don't know what I'm talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone will.... same as we are playing sims... just because the "official" name changes, doesnt mean squat. This is a total waste of time which should be directed at other matters

K

krazykara

I didn't find my cards in my oldest EALand sim. For some reason they were in my sims I created in EaLand before the merge. Might want to check your sims you created before the merge.

J

jasminemoon

Like someone said above I haven't received my voting card yet...AND I'm lagging...and I've gotten 5 error 23s in about 45 mins. So I gave up to come here for a bit.

When I do get a chance to vote..I will vote for the least lamest name on there. I agree those names are not very creative..I'll prob vote for EADollars and call them EADs...

I didn't get a chance to make a suggestion, think the suggestion polls were closed the day before I came on..but ..I'm coming back in a bit to let ya'll know what I WOULD have suggested...just for fun.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Your cards will be,

In either,

Your oldest sim,

Or the sim that was the 1st sim created in EA Land ( I also could not find my cards, but then I checked my first sim created in EAL and they were in his invo)

I

imported_Danny Dots

I would of liked casholeans to have made it. I think thats super cute. I don't love any of the names really, they are all pretty boring. I like EABucks the best thought.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I don't like them either, although having created EABucks, when I wrote that I doubted it would even get into the list because it was, compared to the other 769 suggestions, very dull.

Rosebuds would have been really really funny or motherlode(s) lol.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

I'm gonna have to agree, these choices are not varied enough. I like simoleons , anyway. I think we should vote first on whether or not to change it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I don't think that is an option. I wish it were. I haven't checked to see if I got my cards yet, but even if I do, I"m not going to vote. They haven't shown an interest in my opinion so far, so why bother? JMO.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Why are we even changing the name??????

I have a feeling, that this is just another "Contest" like those done a few years ago, to keep up happy and content while the team tries to change something in the game.

I also feel that the Lava game card challenge is also one of those "Contests" to keep us busy. Although it is fun...!

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

Your cards will be,

In either,

Your oldest sim,

Or the sim that was the 1st sim created in EA Land ( I also could not find my cards, but then I checked my first sim created in EAL and they were in his invo)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I haven't been on in about 30 mins or more because I got like 5+ 23 errors 5 minutes after I would enter a lot..so I came here to waste some time until something better happens...

but, before I logged off, I checked my oldest sim and still no voting certificate. I wasn't here for the "move"
..but I am excited about amnesty. Maybe when I go back it will be there...maybe that's why I kept getting kicked?

Thanks for the tip in any case!

Anyway, here's what I came up with

MoolEAh Or if u prefer Mooleah

GuinEAs

EAssets (maybe not a good one because we tend to abbreviate things..)

NickerEAs or Nickerlodeans (my personal fav)

EAlodeans

EAcheques

And I just googled and added some creativity..I'm sure those of you that had more time came up with better ones!

I

imported_female1au

ok, here it is....

My friend in the game is not a forum reader...
But, she has cards but cannot see them.
So, I spose, she cannot vote on this....

clearing cache does not work either...still cant see them
and I spose there are lot of simmies out there cannot
see them either....dunno if this vote is fair......

Cheers.......

I

imported_Trudymac

*ttl*

All the creative names people came up with and they pick the most bland, generic suggestions for the top 5. eBucks? metaBucks? Funbucks? Are you kidding me?

They've managed to push their OWN suggestion in (gee, we were never told the devs themselves get to supplant other suggestions with one of their own), in a back alley manner. Whatever, I refuse to vote, this is crap. I bet it ends up being what they want in the end anyway.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

Well I guess it was obvious nothing that included sim would make the cut, but come on these are dire.

How can they end up with 4 out of 5 of the contenders with the word bucks, Ea can buck off as far as I am concerned.

I seriously considered deleting all my cards but ive decided that my 6 votes will go for EAdollars, because we will all just end up calling them dollars in the end.

And I guess thats what EA really want in any case

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! I wanted to delete them all too. but i thought about it. this name for the currency will be seen from everyone not only in game. it will be on the website etc. and if ea-land ever gets that big then other games already are, would you want to have people laugh about a currency named ..... bucks
this currency is going to be like a rl currency with cash in and cash out.
blame me for naming them again, but look at Linden Dollars.
this is serious we need a good currency name and not a fun name.

so i go for EADollars since there are no better choices except "bucks"

G

i didnt get them

I never thought that my suggestion, EADollars, would actually be in the top 5! hehe
... i really love 'simoleans', but if the game is changing as a whole away from the sims and this new currency would be mentioned everywhere (in the website...) then its better to choose something a bit nice, even if we are gna still keep calling them 'simoleans' in-game.