• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone receive the currency vote cards?

I

imported_female1au

well, when ever I refer to money in the game.
from the day I signed up, I have always used the
term "sim cash" .....lol

G

TTL

Peeeeple people people...where is your sense of creativity and fun?

Think of the cool misspellings and abbreviations that can be made of

F U N B U C K S

Spoonerisms! Come on you know you want to use the naughty word.

Like a famous comedian (whose name escapes me) said, any word containing a "K" is funny. Is a goose funny? nah, but a DUCK, yea, that's hilarious.

F U N B U C K S for president! Yee Haw

S

Suzi Q

I haven't received any currency vote cards on either of my two accounts! Then again, I haven't recieved my weekly bonus of $500 bucks on my accounts either! Quite honestly, with the lag, custom content not loading and not getting what is due to me I often wonder what the hell I'm paying to play for!!??? (Oh, before anyone suggests it, I clear my cache after each log in, so that is NOT the cause of cc not loading) Typical of EA to choose ALL options ending bucks, since this is so obviously an American game for Americans to play eh?!!

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

Typical of EA to choose ALL options ending bucks, since this is so obviously an American game for Americans to play eh?!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Shows an obvious lack of originality
, which the majority of those who made suggestions tried hard to do.

G

I didn't get any currency cards on either account. Guess I don't get to vote.

H

Hunter G

Heck I haven't even looked in my inventory...LOL! To bad Moola wasn't a choice I think that would be cool.

E

EricFreak67

I was going to submit EA Gold, but I couldn't register on the blog.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Where are the cheerleaders? This thread is in dire need of one.

Come on, someone has to like those choices.

Or at least come blame the suggesters instead of EA Devs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sick as a dog with a stomach virus, but present and accounted for.

Hubby and I are both voting for FunBucks.

N

Natedawg26

personally I didnt know where we could propose our own name otherwise i would have said edollars which makes a bit more sense then most of these names....one way or another its gonna be "bucks" though" i guess...i did vote for EADollars though, ebucks and metabucks....the others were garbage

but just for the sake of the argument they will always be simoleans and SIMS to me...poor maxis why did you hafta fold?

G

<blockquote><hr>

personally I didnt know where we could propose our own name otherwise i would have said edollars which makes a bit more sense then most of these names....one way or another its gonna be "bucks" though" i guess...i did vote for EADollars though, ebucks and metabucks....the others were garbage

but just for the sake of the argument they will always be simoleans and SIMS to me...poor maxis why did you hafta fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

*SIGH*

They didn't fold, they did not have a say in the matter, other than to say well screw you if you don't let us keep the name simoleans and The Sims we're just gonna let the game die. I understand the resistance to change, but come on guys, blame the people that need to be blamed here, and its not our dev team or Maxis, per se, it is the ones that want our game severed from the "The Sims" franchise.

Go FunBucks!

S

Suzi Q

I could have given you mine Malakia, I eventually received them, but I sold them back! None of them worth a vote. Wonder who the nominee's are? Maybe they work at EA too LOL

S

Suzi Q

Why not Epounds or Eeuro? These were not my suggestions btw, but why does it have to have any relevance to real money? In particular to US money?

G

NOIP
Apparently, they are not happy with the results:
<blockquote><hr>

Currency Vote Update - Race Too Tight to Call!
Posted in Fun, Events by Sarah on the March 31st, 2008
We are not yet going to announce a winner of the currency vote.

There is just under a one percent (1%) difference between the name with most votes and that with the least. The current ranking is as follows:

eBucks
EABucks
EADollars
FunBucks
MetaBucks
We’d much prefer to have a clear winner for this vote so in 24 hours we are going to calculate this ranking again, and delete all cards representing the name choice in 5th position (the one that you’ve collectively deleted the most anyway).

That will leave undecided voters with four to choose from and we’ll reassess again later in the week. There’s been some fun CC uploaded related to this vote - we enjoyed that! We’ll update you again tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Could maybe have something to do with the fact that all the choices are alike.

N

NightFlyer

What's the point in having choices when theres nothing good to choose?

Kinda like the current Presidential race.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why not Epounds or Eeuro? These were not my suggestions btw, but why does it have to have any relevance to real money? In particular to US money?

[/ QUOTE ]They tried "funny money", but it just didn't roll off the tongue well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Where are the cheerleaders? This thread is in dire need of one.

Come on, someone has to like those choices.

Or at least come blame the suggesters instead of EA Devs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sick as a dog with a stomach virus, but present and accounted for.

Hubby and I are both voting for FunBucks.

[/ QUOTE ]Ewww! That sucks! There's nothing I can't stand any worse than puking!

As for the cheerleaders -- Sorry, but this one has put away her pom-poms with regards to this vote. None of the choices appeal to me whatsoever, so my only choice is to abstain. I mean, even SL's currency was more creatively inspired.

G

The names do eaSuck but eventually we are going to have to get used to them.

I didn't delete any cards from my inventories...does this mean they all get a vote?

G

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP
Apparently, they are not happy with the results:
<blockquote><hr>

Currency Vote Update - Race Too Tight to Call!
Posted in Fun, Events by Sarah on the March 31st, 2008
We are not yet going to announce a winner of the currency vote.

There is just under a one percent (1%) difference between the name with most votes and that with the least. The current ranking is as follows:

eBucks
EABucks
EADollars
FunBucks
MetaBucks
We’d much prefer to have a clear winner for this vote so in 24 hours we are going to calculate this ranking again, and delete all cards representing the name choice in 5th position (the one that you’ve collectively deleted the most anyway).

That will leave undecided voters with four to choose from and we’ll reassess again later in the week. There’s been some fun CC uploaded related to this vote - we enjoyed that! We’ll update you again tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So then I wonder what will happen for the people who only voted for one if the one they picked ends up in 5th place.....would that then mean only people who had undeleted cards left would get to pick?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yup. That's what it means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems from reading that that more people just deleted all the cards than I figured would. I hope they don't look at this and decide to quit letting the community have a voice in changes that are made when it is appropriate and possible. I dont think anybody wants to see that happen. I know I'd rather pick from lame choices and choose the lesser of the 'evils' than to just not get a vote at all.

How is the currency of SL original? They named it after Linden Labs, the creators....that's the same as "EA" being in alot of the choices here yet that's one of the things that has been criticized. That's a lack of creativity, not a sign of it...isnt it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

New info here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Simone I read that before. The cards are going to card heaven this morning.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yup. That's what it means.

[/ QUOTE ]
What it means is, they didn't like the one that had the most votes so they are going to hold a new election - this time with 4 candidates. A run-off.

Personally, I think if you say you are going to hold an election (so to speak) and the one with the most votes wins...... then the one with the most votes should win. There was nothing said about needing a majority or a pluality or a "clear decision" - just more votes than any of the others. Buuut, that's just me, I guess.

I wonder if the U.N. needs to send in some vote watching 'election observers'??
I can see it now.................. (cue "dream" music):

<font color="red">Larry King: </font> So... you have been accused of tampering with the elections in your "Land". Is that true?

<font color="blue">MaxisLuc: </font> You really ask the "hardball" questions, Larry. But I can assure you that "EABUCKS" won fair and square and is the "Avatar's Choice", not the blatant manipulation with intent to insert more EA brand presence into the game that most.... uh... some people have claimed.

<font color="red">Larry King: </font> Well, that answers that, then, eh? (Do you really think I ask 'hardball' questions, Luc?)

G

Yes. I got mine. Am I going to vote? No. Do I care what you call this silly play money? NO.
Do I care that things are not fixed before moving on to the next silly thing...that many of us..me included....are still waiting for those (_&amp;(&amp;*^^%&amp;% orange lava lamp certificates? YES. Do I care that we can complain..here...and in separate emails and IMs as we are asked to do and we are totally ignored while this stupid game goes marching on??? YES.

FIX ONE THING BEFORE MOVING ON TO THE NEXT.

Dr. Kitty of the Crazy Cat Club

I

imported_Mavric

<blockquote><hr>

What it means is, they didn't like the one that had the most votes so they are going to hold a new election - this time with 4 candidates. A run-off.

Personally, I think if you say you are going to hold an election (so to speak) and the one with the most votes wins...... then the one with the most votes should win. There was nothing said about needing a majority or a pluality or a "clear decision" - just more votes than any of the others. Buuut, that's just me, I guess.

Larry King: So... you have been accused of tampering with the elections in your "Land". Is that true?

MaxisLuc: You really ask the "hardball" questions, Larry. But I can assure you that "EABUCKS" won fair and square and is the "Avatar's Choice", not the blatant manipulation with intent to insert more EA brand presence into the game that most.... uh... some people have claimed.

Larry King: Well, that answers that, then, eh? (Do you really think I ask 'hardball' questions, Luc?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, could be Florida all over again.

Mavric

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Larry King: So... you have been accused of tampering with the elections in your "Land". Is that true?

MaxisLuc: You really ask the "hardball" questions, Larry. But I can assure you that "EABUCKS" won fair and square and is the "Avatar's Choice", not the blatant manipulation with intent to insert more EA brand presence into the game that most.... uh... some people have claimed.

Larry King: Well, that answers that, then, eh? (Do you really think I ask 'hardball' questions, Luc?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mavric

[/ QUOTE ]
Nono. *wags finger*
Florida is that state that looks like it's peeing on Cuba - EA Land is a pixelated place that exists only on the internet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mavric

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly my thought... Okay, who left their chads hanging?