• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone receive the currency vote cards?

C

CarlosN

I just received currency vote cards did anyone else get them?

C

Catwoman1966

Yep yep, got mine, and to be quite honest, I think all the names are pretty crap!

Cat.

I

imported_TrebleMaker8

Yes I got mine.
And I can't believe the choices!

Theyre all so BLAH!

Out of ALL those choices, THOSE are the best ones? EEK!

I guess out of the given choices, I like MetaBucks. But I'm not totally in love with it.

M

mespy41

I'm gonna have to agree, these choices are not varied enough. I like simoleons , anyway. I think we should vote first on whether or not to change it.

G

what if we all decide as a whole to delete all our cards therefore having no vote? but i guess there will be some ppl who would vote regardless so thats not such a great idea lol

but if i HAVE TO vote, i go with ebucks

I

imported_TrebleMaker8

<blockquote><hr>

I'm gonna have to agree, these choices are not varied enough. I like simoleons , anyway. I think we should vote first on whether or not to change it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, all 'sim' references are going away. We don't have any say on that matter. At least they're being kind enough to let us have some say in what the currency will now be called.

I just think there were so many more creative choices offered.

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

what if we all decide as a whole to delete all our cards therefore having no vote? but i guess there will be some ppl who would vote regardless so thats not such a great idea lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, we should all delete them all, they choices are soo naff!
Come on Dev's surely there were better names than these!

Cat.

M

mespy41

That is such a good idea! It is unlikely you could get a mass movement for this, but I don't like any of them. So I'll just delete all of mine and go with whatever the people who vote, vote for.

I

imported_MooMooLand

Deleted all cards, not gonna get a vote from me.
I really like Landoleans, wich was a runner-up, dunno why they say they are unable to use it though.

L

legscroft

Wow, of all the choices there were on the blog we get 5 similar, boring ones to pick from. Not gonna vote. Don't like any of them.

G

I don't know...but out of all the ideas all they could pick out were bucks, bucks and bucks.

I

imported_TrebleMaker8

<blockquote><hr>

I really like Landoleans, wich was a runner-up, dunno why they say they are unable to use it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because it's too similar to "simoleans".

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If everybody uniformally did that, then EA would pick the new name. We will NOT be able to keep simoleans, no matter how many of us want to be able to, and no matter how much we protest.

As for my vote....I dunno. I'm not going to delete any cards yet and neither is hubby, but so far I'm leaning toward "FunBucks". EABucks is "OK" but the whole game and one city is already named EA Land, so they got their plug. MetaBucks rolls off the tongue too, but the abbreviation would be shortened to MB, and there's too much stuff that is already 'MB'. (Message Board, Mega-Byte, Mega-bits) etc. So there is potential for confusion. The only thing I've seen that is abbreviated "FB" anywhere associated with the game is "FaceBook" so there's less confusion, IMO. Plus the whole point of the game is to have "FUN" LOL.

I'm curious whatever they use for the name, what the new symbol will be. As far as in game goes I guess they could use the same logo that come in when we get in-game messages, but the simolean sign can be made on the computer, so I wonder how having a symbol that we can't duplicate out of game will work.

G

If it really was the devs who chose the top candidates, I suggest they don't quit their day jobs. Marketing people they are not. If marketing people did decide, they need new marketing people. I'm not saying I could pick a better one, but I know my limitations. You don't have to know how to build a car to tell that one is a lemon.

Regarding FunBucks as a choice, have they never heard of spoonerisms?

S

Sativa L

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes much more sense then just "not voting".

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

I havent been in game yet today .. so this question may sound stupid...

But are these votes for the new "name" for the simoleans?

V

VitArm

How about everyone deletes there cards? Then they'll be forced to stay with simoleans

G

Obviously EA would like a currency that reflects its company, thus why three choices begin with EA and e. The other two were thrown in there though, which means they really are giving everyone a voice in some small way. We'll all get used to it eventually

I

imported_MooMooLand

<blockquote><hr>

If it really was the devs who chose the top candidates, I suggest they don't quit their day jobs. Marketing people they are not. If marketing people did decide, they need new marketing people. I'm not saying I could pick a better one, but I know my limitations. You don't have to know how to build a car to tell that one is a lemon.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL BunF..ks

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG ROFL, I'm gonna admit that I had to find out what a spoonerism was, but now that I have and thought about it......ACK
Watch that be the one voted on just because of that though

M

mespy41

I'd rather it be said EA picked the new name than all the gamers chose one of those. But I guess, really in the end it's all the same, so I don't know why people are getting so angry over it. I just say money anyway

G

<blockquote><hr>

if I did I cant find them ... where would they be ?

[/ QUOTE ]

In your oldest EAL sim's inventory, if you're on a premium account.

G

<blockquote><hr>

if I did I cant find them ... where would they be ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oldest sims inventory

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, all 'sim' references are going away. We don't have any say on that matter. At least they're being kind enough to let us have some say in what the currency will now be called.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's funny - if they were going to shoot us all in the foot, there would be some who thanked them for being kind enuff to use a clean gun.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

For those of us who can read Stratics but cannot get into EA land at this point in time, please end our suspense -- someone post the entire list of choices.

Thanks!

G

<blockquote><hr>

For those of us who can read Stratics but cannot get into EA land at this point in time, please end our suspense -- someone post the entire list of choices.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

The final five are:

MetaBucks
EABucks
EADollars
eBucks
FunBucks

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

That's funny - if they were going to shoot us all in the foot, there would be some who thanked them for being kind enuff to use a clean gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what people are saying in their complaints, a blindfold is needed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, get it right. We'd thank them for shooting us in the foot instead of somewhere that would be potentially lethal.

Of course *I* would thank them for shooting me in the foot instead of somewhere else because in the foot I can't feel it.

S

Shadowbay

ty hon , then I didnt get any .. but I did get a boat load of lag

I

imported_queenme

EA bucks, EA dollars, ebucks, funbucks &amp; metabucks if my memory serves me correctly since immediately after loggin into that sim to see them i logged right back out since i was soooooooo coooomPLETELY underwhelmed by the pathetic choices

bottomline is EAgames is gonna name them what they want, regardless of any of our choices, so they can call them EAwhatever and all of us will still know for now and forever that we spend simoleons in simsonline, regardless of what eagames chooses to call our game, or money, our sims, and any other lil thing the decide to try to rename

i guess my simmies are gonna be called EA-ies now too? ya right whatever dudes just soooo isnt even gonna happen so stop wasting my time

the only choice of what they gave that makes any sense is ebucks cuz at least its not one more pathetic attempt for EAgames to brainwash us all during our every waking moment, (tho we know that is their tru goal for world dominance) and the funbucks and metabucks are too long, too stupid and the meta one sounds like a disease i dont wanna get
doubt they have a cure for that yet...so since im not voting and honestly believe they will pick the name they want regardless of what we all say....

dear EA games...i hope u have fun trying to make me call a simoleon something other than a simoleon and a sim something other than a sim.....ur efforts as usual...are futile

enjoy

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

The final five are:

MetaBucks
EABucks
EADollars
eBucks
FunBucks

[/ QUOTE ]
omg.

I'm gonna have to get a couple bottles of Jack Daniels. Then (to paraphrase the punchline from an old joke):
"I'm gonna hafta keep drinkin' 'til one of them starts looking good."

Even then, I'll prolly lose a coulpla points off my I.Q.

If anything will make me continue to say "simoleons", it's the 'MetaFunEBuckDollars'.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahaha
Somebuddy call Comedy Central.

C

calvinscreeksim

I'm sure there were nice unique names sent in but seriously...4 of the 5 are just bland, unoriginal, unsurprising, and lame. I wonder if someones kid could have come up with something more upbeat.

G

Wait...searching...where is the one that says simoleans???...I didnt get that one...looks again...nope its not here...Im sure its in the database though so Ill vote for it anyway! I say SIMOLEANS

R

Rachael2008

I have to say of all the mind numbingly irrelevant things for EA to make such a fuss over this is it! Who cares what they call the cash but we'll have endless fuss about who has cards and who hasn't for days!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have to say of all the mind numbingly irrelevant things for EA to make such a fuss over this is it! Who cares what they call the cash but we'll have endless fuss about who has cards and who hasn't for days!

[/ QUOTE ]
My main account doesn't have any cards.

Oh yeah - I deleted them all.

I'll get around to the others in a few.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
My main account doesn't have any cards.

Oh yeah - I deleted them all.

I'll get around to the others in a few.

[/ QUOTE ]

YAY...great idea

G

No. This is what you call debranding the game. They don't want it to be associated with the sim name because the gameplay is different.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I'm gonna have to get a couple bottles of Jack Daniels. Then (to paraphrase the punchline from an old joke):

If anything will make me continue to say "simoleons", it's the 'MetaFunEBuckDollars'.

[/ QUOTE ]

EAucks

Add that to your verbalizations between shots of JD.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Its like we really have no choices at all. Bucks or dollars. Very sad choices indeed. The whole world will not delete all of their cards. If you throw yours away then you throw away your vote. I can't really stand anyone that is running for president this year either but I will not throw away my vote. I will make a choice.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If anything will make me continue to say "simoleons", it's the <u>'MetaFunEBuckDollars'.</u>

[/ QUOTE ]

EAucks

Add that to your verbalizations between shots of JD.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about - MFEBDs?

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Alright alright, if we're honestly considering 'eBucks' I'm throwing in my suggestion.

I vote we have.... *duh dun duuuuh*

AvaCash!

:p

I

imported_Fire Dragon

got cards, in the process of deleting them all.. I wouldn't want to be the person who admits to choosing those names. How pathetic.. Bucks/Dollars? Whoooppeee! They claim to have over 700 entires and this is the best they would choose?