• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else excited to Make America Great Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
DERP. It is the LEFT who acts as the thought police in this country. School districts in some states are now being told they can't even call school children boys and girls anymore, because it is "not inclusive" of little children who may consider themselves "gender non-binary". They are the thought police of the worst kind! But it doesn't end there...
Disagree with them on anything related to the tragic altercations between young black men and police officers? WELL THEN YOU MUST BE A RACIST.
Disagree with their economic policies of wanting to tax corporations and rich people into oblivion? YOU'RE A GREEDY ONE PERCENTER!
Disagree with their environmental facism? YOU HATE MOTHER EARTH AND ARE IN BED WITH BIG BUSINESS!

Once again, you distort the truth, just as the left does. College campuses are now rampant with these cry babies that want a "safe space" because it hurts their feelings if their ideas are challenged. They recently took polls at some of the colleges if the right to freedom of speech should be repealed so they can protect their fragile liberal ideas. Sadly, in all cases repealing the first amendment received more support than keeping it. These are overwhelmingly Hilary voting Lliberals - not Trump supporters.

There has never been a campaign where the press was more on the side of one candidate than the other. That is what we see today in the Clinton-Trump race. We saw it with Obama-Romney and Obama-McCain, but never at this level where the press is literally protecting negative stories about Hilary from emerging, or GIVING HER DEBATE QUESTIONS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE like what Donna Brazille recently did. How shameful that you can try to put that on Donald Trump while ignoring how dangerously close to a 'Big Brother' type of state the leftists support.

Hilary Clinton received a subpoena from the FBI, and it was until after receiving that subpoena that she deleted 30,000+ emails and had all her servers wiped. Worst yet, this was involving national security. Anyone else in the history of this country would go to jail. If one of my hedge fund clients didn't report taxes or something along those lines, and I took it upon myself to delete all of the information and go to great lengths to hide it, and then the SEC investigated and found out... I would go to jail. I would lose my license to practice accounting. What Hilary did was far worse and she was given a free pass.

No life time politician, like Hilary, becomes a multi-millionaire without being corrupt. Hilary is the most corrupt piece of garbage to run for President since the days of big party bosses controlling nominees.
Stopped at derp. Typical Trunp supporter. Just insult people

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You obviously would take a leftist stance and not even understand the comparison. It had nothing to do with an ability to have or squelch free speech. The rights that have been bestowed upon him by the men and women who died for his freedoms...he disrespect them. It's an irony that only the left can support..the comparison is actually really a simple one..Patriotism over the exact opposite. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech period. A man who can simply disgrace his country is the lefts champion. I choose America!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
None of this makes any sense. Trump is not a champion of the left. Or anyone other than himself.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
This will be short. I have been following this since Day One. I've spent most of my time quietly researching everything I can on this election and the candidates. Also, the many revelations from WikiLeaks have helped to bring clarity to a wide range of pertinent questions. I have since come to the conclusion that Donald Trump, whatever his flaws may be, actually cares about this country. Hillary Clinton, however, is a serial liar - a cold manipulative psychopath - who cares only for her own dark ambitions.

The nation is on life support. Trump offers hope for recovery. A vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for pulling the plug and letting the republic die.
Well Trumps buddy Putin hacked US private servers. Putin then sent them to wikileaks. Or made them up, who knows? Both Putin and Wikileaks are anti-Clinton. NONE of that information is reliable and factually there's not much in there at all. Dig through 1000s of my PRIVATE emails and I'm sure you'd be amused. But since the information is completely unreliable it's a null point. SERIAL LIAR? This is the best part EVA! TRUMP IS A PROVEN LIAR 80 to 90% percent of the time lol. Just be a racist or whatever and be proud of it. If your a gun nut run with it. Want billionaires not to pay taxes? Fine. Why try to mask it as anything else? The facts don't support you. But when it comes to the Republican party facts don't work well for them. Here's one I LOVE. Anti-abortion? Under Obama it's the lowest abortion has been in 40 years. Want people that talk about lowering abortion or people that actually do it? Does NO ONE remember what the Republican party under Bush did to us? It was just 8 years ago. Started a huge mess of a war based on weapons of mass destruction lies. Cost us 1000s of lives and billions of dollars. So the Bush oil buddies could cash in. Brought us to near depression era economy where millions lost jobs and homes. They wanted to let the auto companies go belly up! INSANITY! That's the Republican agenda. Destroy the country and the billionaires can buy it up cheep. Complete insanity. *SMH*

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Stopped at derp. Typical Trunp supporter. Just insult people
Typical liberal: puts their head in the sand rather than accept the truth.

And you know you read my post... you're just copping out because you have no response and aren't capable of discussing any of the issues I raised.

Well Trumps buddy Putin hacked US private servers. Putin then sent them to wikileaks. Or made them up, who knows? Both Putin and Wikileaks are anti-Clinton. NONE of that information is reliable and factually there's not much in there at all. Dig through 1000s of my PRIVATE emails and I'm sure you'd be amused. But since the information is completely unreliable it's a null point. SERIAL LIAR? This is the best part EVA! TRUMP IS A PROVEN LIAR 80 to 90% percent of the time lol. Just be a racist or whatever and be proud of it. If your a gun nut run with it. Want billionaires not to pay taxes? Fine. Why try to mask it as anything else? The facts don't support you. But when it comes to the Republican party facts don't work well for them. Here's one I LOVE. Anti-abortion? Under Obama it's the lowest abortion has been in 40 years. Want people that talk about lowering abortion or people that actually do it? Does NO ONE remember what the Republican party under Bush did to us? It was just 8 years ago. Started a huge mess of a war based on weapons of mass destruction lies. Cost us 1000s of lives and billions of dollars. So the Bush oil buddies could cash in. Brought us to near depression era economy where millions lost jobs and homes. They wanted to let the auto companies go belly up! INSANITY! That's the Republican agenda. Destroy the country and the billionaires can buy it up cheep. Complete insanity. *SMH*
So what if Putin and Wikileaks are anti-Clinton... that makes their information "null"? Please. Just another cop out.

And kind of funny your criticize Bush, but nothing for Obama, who allowed the war to go on for basically another 8 years and has nothing to show for it. But its ALL Bush's fault, right?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Typical liberal: puts their head in the sand rather than accept the truth.

And you know you read my post... you're just copping out because you have no response and aren't capable of discussing any of the issues I raised.

So what if Putin and Wikileaks are anti-Clinton... that makes their information "null"? Please. Just another cop out.

And kind of funny your criticize Bush, but nothing for Obama, who allowed the war to go on for basically another 8 years and has nothing to show for it. But its ALL Bush's fault, right?
I swear to God and my word of honor I stopped at derp lol. I'm not gonna explain why classified info from an enemy government might be tainted lol. Not to mention there's a ton of friction between the US and Russia right now over US missile deployment by their borders. It's too funny to even consider taking wikileaks seriously. I noticed Trump is having a real hard time winning over college educated white voters. Smart people aren't voting Trump. Just sayin'!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
How about a 4 AM tweet outta Trump about how to improve the economy? That would be refreshing. He's a loonie and it's very obvious.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a 4 AM tweet outta Trump about how to improve the economy? That would be refreshing. He's a loonie and it's very obvious.
At least he'll be awake! Hillary is too tired to even campaign lol..the man has 3-4 rallies daily! With thousands and thousands of supporters! Top Crooked Hilary rally..what? 2-3 thousand?

For the people!!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
This is a photo Trump tweeted out of the crowd at a 2015 Trump rally in Dallas. It has been carefully cropped to cut out the “American Airlines Center” logo and the retired Dallas Stars jerseys hanging in the rafters

zvbdken0yjldyfcea37k.jpg

This is the actual photo

yskxkafrhsol89kms9gv.jpg

As crooked as they come. Well since Trump is gonna win you guys gotta get to Vegas. The odds are 5 to 1 against Trump winning. But Vegas is well known for getting the odds wrong when it comes to betting so you all should jump on it and make a fortune! Bet EVERYTHING ya got! :D

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Memes are fun! I have 100s. Facts are hard.... seems Republicans have difficulty when it comes to reading. So I'll give ya that.
Difficulty reading? You won't even read responses because they violate your fragile safe space!

And you're the one who says we deal in insults? You're not doing ANY better.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm just glad no one ever asks me what I think should be done, the few who don't hate me already probable would after that.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm just glad no one ever asks me what I think should be done, the few who don't hate me already probable would after that.
I just make friends where ever I go. ;) I'm sure arguing with 2 Stratics mods will serve me greatly in the future lol. But screw it. The truth is the truth. Just get sick of seeing stupid memes and complete nonsense. Gotta let the poison out ;)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Reading comprehension

FBI confirms: Officials discussed deal to cover up Clinton emails

The plot thickens...

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority: still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority. There is no worse heresy than that the office sanctifies the holder of it. - Lord Acton

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Difficulty reading? You won't even read responses because they violate your fragile safe space!

And you're the one who says we deal in insults? You're not doing ANY better.
I don't have to go outta my way for cheap insults. Act like an adult and I'll treat your opinion as that of an adult. Start with Derp or whatever and your talking to yourself lol Reword whatever you said in a mature adult fashion and I'll read it. I already raised two kids and not gonna start raising another one now.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just make friends where ever I go. ;) I'm sure arguing with 2 Stratics mods will serve me greatly in the future lol. But screw it. The truth is the truth. Just get sick of seeing stupid memes and complete nonsense. Gotta let the poison out ;)
Not arguing with me :p I think both candidates are weak, flawed, and shouldn't be near an elected office, but I also consider Trumps rhetoric to be the much more dangerous of the two. When the most notable world leaders tot praise you are Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong Un, and Xi Jinping there is something seriously wrong.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
One valid point though. Lets smell the coffee here. NO ONE is going to change their vote over what is said here. Honestly there's zero chance Trump will win. Vegas has his odds at 8%. They back their polls up with cash, that's why I listen to them ;) So instead of debating an election with people I otherwise respect, and creating even further hard feelings, I officially resign from this thread. I will say I love Trump with all my heart. He single handed destroyed the Republican party and turned it to feeding on it's self for years to come. I can't imagine anyone else who could have done it. I have nothing to gain with this so why bother? If it were even in the ballpark of being a close election I might hang in here. It's like debating who won last years super bowl. Peace and love

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Also it was super nice to fight with Merlin again cause it was just so creepy when we were getting along so well the last year or so! ;) Just kidding :) Group hug! lol

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so ya know. The left are liberals. The right are Republicans. Now we understand that.... Yes in my opinion Trump is a great man though. He will give the Democrats the Presidency, Senate, Supreme Court and maybe, just maybe, the house. I love the guy!
Good thing is I'm neither! I don't care about government mandated social equalities. If you want to be gay, queer, bi, transgender, or heck even marry a poodle I can give a rats ass! You want to have an abortion at 8 months 3 weeks and 5 days. Good for you, IMO you're a sick individual but do whatever makes ya happy, as long as my taxes or MY civil liberties don't pay for it. I've always considered myself more of a libertarian and never really put much stock in the election process, partially because the libertarian candidate has always been a joke "Gary Johnson" but I digress. If Joe Biden was running for office, odds are I'd probably not even care as much. Do I think that there are better choices then Donald Trump..eh yeah probably. However none were on that primary ballot. Everyone is saying Mike Pence, Mike Pence..I just disagree. I'm not a bible thumper nor have I really claimed to be but I have raised my 2 girls and son to be kind, honest, open, loving being raised a Christian myself, even though I've never put real stock in "God" persay I've at least tried to pass on Christian moral values...even though I enjoy a nice troll here or there .. with that said he's just not a good choice. So with that said! Hillary is a DISASTER of a candidate, a politician, and as a person. What I really feel sad about is these are the only real choices. You can say waste your vote on Gary Johnson or Jill Stein but I have as good of a chance at getting Mickey Mouse elected. Donald Trump is an egotistical, arrogant, alpha male. Hillary Clinton is a corrupt, lying, crooked, politician that will lie to your face and do the opposite tmrw. The choice was easy for me. I'll gladly back down..the carpal tunnel is strong with this one. One last meme though!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority: still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority. There is no worse heresy than that the office sanctifies the holder of it. - Lord Acton
You hurt my brain with your quotes!! Stop it before I'm forced to try and comprehend at higher then an 8th grade reading level again!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well, Hillary arranged to hand 20% of U.S. uranium to her "buddy" Putin. As far as hacking, no one has positively identified the agent(s) responsible. In addition, I don't give a pancake who hacked whom. What matters is the information and finally letting the truth come out.

The rest of your tirade only proves that you have a superficial and incomplete grasp of the issues and what is really at stake in this election. Hillary has made a career out of lies and covert criminality, enriching herself beyond anyone's wildest dreams in the process. Donald Trump forged a career building and creating jobs for thousands. And frankly, nothing Bush did is even remotely pertinent to Trump. Trump isn't the war-monger. Hillary is. If you are looking forward to the next world war, by all means vote for her, since she will likely be the one to eagerly let a nuke fly.

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thank you. That explains Obama.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Good thing is I'm neither! I don't care about government mandated social equalities. If you want to be gay, queer, bi, transgender, or heck even marry a poodle I can give a rats ass! You want to have an abortion at 8 months 3 weeks and 5 days. Good for you, IMO you're a sick individual but do whatever makes ya happy, as long as my taxes or MY civil liberties don't pay for it. I've always considered myself more of a libertarian and never really put much stock in the election process, partially because the libertarian candidate has always been a joke "Gary Johnson" but I digress. If Joe Biden was running for office, odds are I'd probably not even care as much. Do I think that there are better choices then Donald Trump..eh yeah probably. However none were on that primary ballot. Everyone is saying Mike Pence, Mike Pence..I just disagree. I'm not a bible thumper nor have I really claimed to be but I have raised my 2 girls and son to be kind, honest, open, loving being raised a Christian myself, even though I've never put real stock in "God" persay I've at least tried to pass on Christian moral values...even though I enjoy a nice troll here or there .. with that said he's just not a good choice. So with that said! Hillary is a DISASTER of a candidate, a politician, and as a person. What I really feel sad about is these are the only real choices. You can say waste your vote on Gary Johnson or Jill Stein but I have as good of a chance at getting Mickey Mouse elected. Donald Trump is an egotistical, arrogant, alpha male. Hillary Clinton is a corrupt, lying, crooked, politician that will lie to your face and do the opposite tmrw. The choice was easy for me. I'll gladly back down..the carpal tunnel is strong with this one. One last meme though!

So hard to ignore nonsense. Okay abortion is at an all time 40 year low under Obama. Mostly because he pulled us out of the huge Bush recession. Plus the funding going to the social programs and education like planned parenthood that the Republicans want to end. So you want a party that talks the talk on lowering abortion or the one that walks the walk? I'm clearly gonna have to stop reading this forum lol As far as the meme goes (I got a million but I like the high road when possible, cause memes are dumb lol) I'll allow myself to reply in turn.... if the basket fits!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well, Hillary arranged to hand Russia 20% of U.S. uranium to her "buddy" Putin. As far as hacking, no one has positively identified the agent(s) responsible. In addition, I don't give a pancake who hacked whom. What matters is the information and finally letting the truth come out.

The rest of your tirade only proves that you have a superficial and incomplete grasp of the issues and what is really at stake in this election. Hillary has made a career out of lies and covert criminality, enriching herself beyond anyone's wildest dreams in the process. Donald Trump forged a career building and creating jobs for thousands. And frankly, nothing Bush did is even remotely pertinent to Trump. Trump isn't the war-monger. Hillary is. If you are looking forward to the next world war, by all means vote for her, since she will likely be the one to eagerly let a nuke fly.
Everything was Obama's fault. But with the election Hillary has done every bit of evil in the world *snickers* It's over folks. I hate to see you guys all bummed out and drinking heavily for the next few months but there's nothing I can do about that :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think people over-react to Trump's speeches about war, bombing things etc.

He is just doing the same thing that has been done by governments throughout all of human history. The more intimidating a political leader acts, the less likely there will actually be a war because other countries don't want to risk making them mad just in case they were actually serious about blowing everything up and do it.

A lot of people these days don't seem to understand the real purpose of having a military also. The main purpose of the military isn't just to kill things and start wars, it's to give the diplomats leverage to use in their negotiations with other countries which in turn helps keep the world peaceful.

Growing the military and making it extremely powerful isn't "war-mongering" like some people claim, it's a way to prevent wars from happening at all. If the rest of the world sees that the US has a strong military they won't want to risk a war starting so won't try to push the limits too much and will be more agreeable in negotiations with our diplomats. On the other hand if the world sees our military weakening and being broken apart piece by piece (which is exactly what Obama has done, and Clinton will continue it) they are emboldened and begin pushing limits and bullying other countries to get what they want, knowing the US is unable to stop them.

That is exactly why Russia is all of a sudden trying to conquer things and establish dominance. They saw Obama and Clinton weaken the country and it's like a shark smelling blood in the water, now they are pouncing on it and daring us to do something about it, knowing we won't because Obama is terrified of them.

When Trump says he will bomb everything and fight everyone etc. I highly doubt he seriously wants to start a war, he is just trying to reverse the damage Obama and Clinton have done by making the country appear weak, soft, and easily taken advantage of.

If Clinton wins, the US will continue to weaken as it has been for years under Obama, and that will inevitably lead to either Russia or China becoming the world superpower instead of us, or a war starting.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Growing the military and making it extremely powerful isn't "war-mongering" like some people claim, it's a way to prevent wars from happening at all. If the rest of the world sees that the US has a strong military they won't want to risk a war starting so won't try to push the limits too much and will be more agreeable in negotiations with our diplomats. On the other hand if the world sees our military weakening and being broken apart piece by piece (which is exactly what Obama has done, and Clinton will continue it) they are emboldened and begin pushing limits and bullying other countries to get what they want, knowing the US is unable to stop them.
This has nothing to do with the size and strength of our defenses. Our capabilities are astronomical, the game has changed, we do not strike with boots on the ground in traditional numbers. At some point maintaining enormous defenses becomes as much a tax burden as anything else. The United States has had the strongest force in the world since WWI, and how many wars has there been since then? Your whole premise is just wrong.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorry.. putting this absolutely everywhere..

this should be the death nail. Hannity breaking the video part of it right now..

Video.. important part is at the 10:26 mark. Remember the girl. She is important for the next two links..

The girl in the video? Yeah.. Reddit user goes full Autistic (hey, that is a compliment for us Reddit folks..) :D I FOUND PROOF THAT THE HILLARY CAMPAIGN HAD THE PROTESTER FROM THE O'KEEFE VIDEO DIRECTLY ON THEIR PAYROLL. I CROSS REFERENCED HER CAMPAIGN EXPENSES AND ZULEMA RODRIGUEZ SHOWED UP. GOING RATE FOR A RIOTER: $1,610.24 and a free phone. TO THE TOP^^^^ • /r/The_Donald

The proof? From the FEC website... pay outs directly to her from the campaign... Browse Disbursements - betaFEC

Still asleep or in denial? I truly feel sorry for ya.....

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

this should be the death nail. Hannity breaking the video part of it right now..

Video.. important part is at the 10:26 mark. Remember the girl. She is important for the next two links..

The girl in the video? Yeah.. Reddit user goes full Autistic (hey, that is a compliment for us Reddit folks..) :D I FOUND PROOF THAT THE HILLARY CAMPAIGN HAD THE PROTESTER FROM THE O'KEEFE VIDEO DIRECTLY ON THEIR PAYROLL. I CROSS REFERENCED HER CAMPAIGN EXPENSES AND ZULEMA RODRIGUEZ SHOWED UP. GOING RATE FOR A RIOTER: $1,610.24 and a free phone. TO THE TOP^^^^ • /r/The_Donald

The proof? From the FEC website... pay outs directly to her from the campaign... Browse Disbursements - betaFEC

Their corruption knows no bounds. I will never understand how anyone can vote for Hillary Clinton.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Their corruption knows no bounds. I will never understand how anyone can vote for Hillary Clinton.
Probably because there are just as many reason some people can't understand why anyone can vote for Trump.

I've said it before I don't like or trust either candidate, I'll list why not Trump and if you want I can list why not Hillary just ask.

Why Not Trump
  • Through out his campaign he's tried to prey on baser instincts, fear, sexism, xenophobia, racism.....
  • Everything is about him, he's the only one that can do {Insert Reason}, He knows more than the professionals in (Military, Economics,...) , his ego-centrism, and lack of respect knows no bounds.
  • He was raised to objectify women, he'll never change. His grandfather started the family empire by running Brothels in Seattle during the Klondike Gold Rush.
  • Not once but 5 times he sought draft deferments, now he thinks he's qualified to lead the military. Anyone not willing to die for their country, doesn't deserve to have one.
    • BTW this is another Trump family tradition, the same grandfather only died in the US after being exiled from Germany for dodging their draft.
  • His mouth doesn't have an off switch - He doesn't know when to shut up and hold his tongue, if something bothers him he goes on a tirade about it. What happens if France, the UK, Egypt, Israel, Ukraine, Russia, Australia or any other country does something he takes as an insult to him? It's a matter of having a general lack of bearing.
  • He's incapable of working with Congress, he can't even work with his own party. What the President can and can't do is limited by the Constitution, I have a sense Trump is incapable of acting properly within the restraints of those limitations. He wants to be the boss, to call all the shots, Government doesn't work that way.
  • His plans as he's addressed them so far won't work, they would be an unmitigated disaster. He is making plans for an entire nation based on his business principles, Governments do not operate on business principles.
  • He's called himself a job creator while endangering the lively hood of hundreds of Contracting Firms, and through them thousands of construction workers through refusing to pay previously agreed on rates, he calls it smart business, I call it a crass disregard for working class America, and a lack of integrity.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm afraid that this requires a response to several of the points, on behalf of Donald Trump...

• Through out his campaign he's tried to prey on baser instincts, fear, sexism, xenophobia, racism.....
So is Hilary's campaign, as was both of Obama's campaigns. Obama was elected AND re-elected based on class warfare, the 'war on women', and several other similar storylines. Hilary may have been later to the game than Bernie, but has since become the biggest pusher of this Black Lives Matter movement that encourages violence against police officers and hatred against whites. I'm afraid this comment is the pot calling the kettle black.

• He was raised to objectify women, he'll never change. His grandfather started the family empire by running Brothels in Seattle during the Klondike Gold Rush.
Hilary is married to an alleged rapist who has fathered children he won't acknowledge. He was putting cigar's up intern's hoo-hoo's on the desk in the Oval Office... something that was going on long before he was even in the White House. She defended rapists as a lawyer and laughed at their victims when their cases were tossed. The Clinton's are no champion of women's rights.

Further, I bet that his daughter, Ivanka, proves to be a thousand times more successful than Chelsea.

Oh... but let's also talk about Hilary's wealth for a second... how did she and Bill obtain a net worth of nearly $50 million dollars? They have been career politicians. How does a career politician become a multi millionaire?

Corruption. That's how politicians become millionaires. It's not just her, but she is the WORST example of them.

Donald Trump, not his father or his grandfather, actually made his money taking big risks that paid off with big rewards. Come to Midtown Manhattan sometime... the examples of Donald's finger print on this city are endless.

• Not once but 5 times he sought draft deferments, now he thinks he's qualified to lead the military. Anyone not willing to die for their country, doesn't deserve to have one.
    • BTW this is another Trump family tradition, the same grandfather only died in the US after being exiled from Germany for dodging their draft.
Please enlighten us about Obama's military experience and how well his endeavors in the Middle East have gone.

When someone like Obama or Bernie dodges the draft or hates on the military as a younger activist... they're celebrated for it. But not Republicans. Atleast Trump went to military school, something that cannot be said of Hilary or Obama.

Further... can you imagine if a Trump relative did serve in the German military? Leftists would only hold that over his head even more to call him a Nazi... but now you're calling him a draft dodger?

This is an issue where the left wants to have it both ways.

• He's incapable of working with Congress, he can't even work with his own party. What the President can and can't do is limited by the Constitution, I have a sense Trump is incapable of acting properly within the restraints of those limitations. He
Since start of Bush's second term in Jan. 2005, whatever party is in the opposition has just been on a kamikaze campaign to blow up the ruling party's agenda. It doesn't matter who becomes President, Washington D.C. is broken.

Hilary Clinton will fare no better with Congress than Donald Trump. There is already audio of her meeting with Democratic donors saying that she will use executive orders wherever she can, such as to stop gun rights. This isn't 1994 anymore. There isn't going to be the 'triangulation' that Bill used to get an agenda accomplished. Especially being that she is pushing an agenda just as far left as Obama has... Republicans have no need to deal with her fairly, since it is doubtful she will make any concessions on any issues. She is not the centrist her husband was.

• His plans as he's addressed them so far won't work, they would be an unmitigated disaster. He is making plans for an entire nation based on his business principles, Governments do not operate on business principles.
Twenty trillion dollars.

Twenty.

Trillion.

Dollars.

The government sure as hell better start adopting business principles to get its spending under control. Debt was at $10 trillion when Obama came in and is actually likely going to be closer to $21 trillion by time he leaves. We can't spend a trillion dollars a year more than we take in year after year. We can't adopt new spending programs when we can't pay for our current ones. And we can't raise taxes on a population that is already tapped out at both the individual level, small business level, and corporate level. If there is one business model that needs to be put into place, it's balancing the budget and cutting expenses in hard times.

And it's a pretty broad shot to says all his plans would be an unmitigated disaster. Can our immigration situation possibly get any worse? I think Trump would address it by securing the southern border, first and foremost. This will stop ALOT of heroin that comes into the United States, let alone more illegal immigrants who leach off the public system.

Can our trade imbalance with China and Mexico get any worse? Trump's position on trade policy is actually a lot more "liberal" than what you would see from modern day capitalists who wanted free trade... but he has America in mind and would put a stop to the imbalanced deals we sign onto again and again and again. No one in the last 40 years has had a trade policy as courageous as Donald Trump.

• He's called himself a job creator while endangering the lively hood of hundreds of Contracting Firms, and through them thousands of construction workers through refusing to pay previously agreed on rates, he calls it smart business, I call it a crass disregard for working class America, and a lack of integrity.
Trump, like Mitt Romney, has actually created jobs and businesses. He has far more knowledge in this area than Hilary by a long shot. He has run hundreds of companies... do you think Donald himself has his hand in every invoice that gets paid? The fact is you can't say that about Hilary because she has never had to take those risks. We see this SAME thing every time a Governor/Business executive and Senator have to run for the same office... Senators/Congressmen just sit back and run their mouth. They don't have to make tough decisions, lay people off, balance the budget, or take those type of risks.

Crass disregard for working class America? Please. Every one of Obama's policies, which all will be continued by Hilary, have squeezed middle America's pocket book. ObamaCare has made healthcare more expensive. His environmental policies has made energy more expensive. What can get worse?

The policies of the Democrats are no better on pocket book issues, my friend.

I will give you the points about Donald's ego and big mouth.. but a lot of Americans appreciate his straight-talk. I, for one, am tired of greasy politicians like the Clinton's or Bush's running the show.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Merlin Like I said I don't like Hillary either, While she represents the worst of American Government, I see Trump as often representing the worst of American Society.

Seriously, if you guys thought Bernie was a wack job for being a Democratic Socalist, you'd lose it if I spelled out what it would take for me to 100% support a candidate. As it is, I register Independent.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Merlin pretty much nailed it. The only thing I'd add is another President's name to the "draft dodger" mention: Bill Clinton, who wiggled out of his original promise to join the military when he decided to go to law school instead.

At least Donald Trump was excused for a legitimate physical condition.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merlin pretty much nailed it. The only thing I'd add is another President's name to the "draft dodger" mention: Bill Clinton, who wiggled out of his original promise to join the military when he decided to go to law school instead.

At least Donald Trump was excused for a legitimate physical condition.
Going to college is legitimate reason, Donald Trump used that reason four times, the physical condition was his for his 5th deferral.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Probably because there are just as many reason some people can't understand why anyone can vote for Trump.

I've said it before I don't like or trust either candidate, I'll list why not Trump and if you want I can list why not Hillary just ask.

Why Not Trump
  • Everything is about him, he's the only one that can do {Insert Reason}, He knows more than the professionals in (Military, Economics,...) , his ego-centrism, and lack of respect knows no bounds.
  • His mouth doesn't have an off switch - He doesn't know when to shut up and hold his tongue, if something bothers him he goes on a tirade about it. What happens if France, the UK, Egypt, Israel, Ukraine, Russia, Australia or any other country does something he takes as an insult to him? It's a matter of having a general lack of bearing.
  • He's incapable of working with Congress, he can't even work with his own party. What the President can and can't do is limited by the Constitution, I have a sense Trump is incapable of acting properly within the restraints of those limitations. He wants to be the boss, to call all the shots, Government doesn't work that way.
I'd like to see your Why Not Clinton argument.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Going to college is legitimate reason, Donald Trump used that reason four times, the physical condition was his for his 5th deferral.
I think Bill's reasons may be a tad more complicated than that...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'd like to see your Why Not Clinton argument.
Sure Why Not.

Why Not Clinton:
  • Her careless handling of sensitive documents. I've held a govt. issued Security Clearance, I know there is training involved on proper handling of sensitive information, and anyone competent who's completed this training cannot reasonably believe it is OK to remove sensitive information from a formal loop of custody.
  • Lack of Military Experience, that she either ignored, or failed to act in a timely manner on intelligence information gathered prior to Benghazi is unacceptable.
  • Her political legacy is filled with tainted experience through the actions of Bill
  • What kinda of woman finds out her husband stupped an intern and doesn't divorce him?
  • While her "Public/Private" face issue is something I understand and is extremely common (it's straight out of Machiavelli's The Prince) being careless enough to publicly disclose these exist (Private Interest and Public Goals) as two separate things is foolishness, people prone to foolishness aren't suitable as leaders.
  • 40 years of high profile political life will stuff more than a few skeletons any anyone's closet, for some reason the Clinton's seem to have more than most.
  • While Trumps running mate Pence, I find rather calm ,collected, and reasonable though I deplore his theocratic views, Clinton picked the Liberal Trump as a running mate, in Tim Kaine... the man just can't STFU, at least Biden was cool Uncle Joe.....
I will say I do think Clinton as a bigger pair of Cajones than Trump... You don't go stand in Beijing and give a 20 minute speech about how women there are abused without a pair clad in Brass.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
at least Biden was cool Uncle Joe.....
You misspelled creepy. In all seriousness though, thank you for the polite and intelligent responses. I will agree with much of your criticism of both candidates, although I suspect I have come to a different decision than you have. While I feel Trump is a deeply flawed candidate, in my opinion Clinton is worse. And to vote against Clinton, I have to vote for Trump, and hope for the best.
I would also add that we seem to have devolved into a situation where we have a permanent ruling caste, and it would be nice to disrupt that and start electing "real people" - I would love to see a retired electrician, or nurse or anyone who made their living on something other than selling influence or access run for office. Does Trump fit that description? No, not really. But more so than Clinton, and Trump is the choice we have. Plus the Captain Lucky meltdown would be epic.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You misspelled creepy. In all seriousness though, thank you for the polite and intelligent responses. I will agree with much of your criticism of both candidates, although I suspect I have come to a different decision than you have. While I feel Trump is a deeply flawed candidate, in my opinion Clinton is worse. And to vote against Clinton, I have to vote for Trump, and hope for the best.
I would also add that we seem to have devolved into a situation where we have a permanent ruling caste, and it would be nice to disrupt that and start electing "real people" - I would love to see a retired electrician, or nurse or anyone who made their living on something other than selling influence or access run for office. Does Trump fit that description? No, not really. But more so than Clinton, and Trump is the choice we have. Plus the Captain Lucky meltdown would be epic.
Actually I was thinking of just writing in my own name :p

I don't know if I'd call Bide creepy, at least not compared to Trump, that guy could pass for Snooki's creepy old uncle with all that cheeto dust...

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Here's Part II posted today:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Definitely a VERY deep rabbit hole they are taking us down.. and O'keefe saying they have plenty more to run with?

Betcha he finds himself without internet privileges like Assange pretty quick ;) ... Where is John Kerry now? Who is he cutting a deal with to silence the truth today?

Corrupt bunch of :yell::yell::yell:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Definitely a VERY deep rabbit hole they are taking us down.. and O'keefe saying they have plenty more to run with?

Betcha he finds himself without internet privileges like Assange pretty quick ;) ... Where is John Kerry now? Who is he cutting a deal with to silence the truth today?

Corrupt bunch of :yell::yell::yell:
Any of you actually know O'keefe's history when it comes to credibility? He's quite well know for shall we say, creative editing? Not saying he did or didn't in this case, but honestly all of this stuff, the videos, the wiki leaks, etc. needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any of you actually know O'keefe's history when it comes to credibility? He's quite well know for shall we say, creative editing? Not saying he did or didn't in this case, but honestly all of this stuff, the videos, the wiki leaks, etc. needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
There is no integrity required when you're hearing what you want to hear. O'Keefe is famous for getting people to talk about hypothetical situations and then exposing it as if it happened. All should withhold judgement until his material is verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.