• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else excited to Make America Great Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The secret societies have always controlled everything and they always will. Why? Too much power and control. Too much money at stake.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The point is obviously missed if you think a politician by themselves would make America better. Do I care about Democrats? Republicans? Nope. One word, the illumination. They control this world. Read the book Morals and Dogma and you will understand. Period.
There is a better and more immediately realistic point to be considered that not enough people appear to grasp these days: Citizens would be wise to choose politicians dedicated to preserving their country's independence -- politicians who place their own citizens' rights and well-being above any foreign entity's interests.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be for voting for someone to maintain personal freedoms IF that really meant something. The thing is the Jesuits control everything, along with the Bilderberg types. You best believe, they will get what they want in the end.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would be for voting for someone to maintain personal freedoms IF that really meant something. The thing is the Jesuits control everything, along with the Bilderberg types. You best believe, they will get what they want in the end.
We all enjoy reading conspiracy theories at times... but seriously, I don't for a moment believe that the Jesuits control everything. As for Bilderberg types, I imagine their central interests are how to further enrich their own massive portfolios regardless of how that might affect others, not unlike some of our less ethical politicians. However, since I've never been invited to their meetings, I can't say much about that. :)

Addendum: I will grant you that it's logical to think the Bilderberg crowd would be involved in political dealings. Money and politics, you know.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The point is obviously missed if you think a politician by themselves would make America better. Do I care about Democrats? Republicans? Nope. One word, the illumination. They control this world. Read the book Morals and Dogma and you will understand. Period.

I buy zero of your conspiracy theories. Sure, big money and financed interests have a lot of influence, but certainly not "Illuminati"esque control. Jesuits and Bilderberg types? What a bunch of crap.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think there's some truth to the illuminati type figures have some sort of pull politically. Just not Alex Jones type stuff. I do enjoy some of his news casts..just some is sooooo overboard even for my tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's okay, that is some of the same constituency that believes the world is flat.

Everything is really out there, research is just really needed to understand. The thing is, people are so busy they don't have an idea with what's going on.

Once you disconnect yourself away from television, then you can understand.

The more television you watch, the more you're controlled by the t.v. and not your own thinking. Research has shown this.

A little bit about Morals and Dogma. The creation of three world wars, check. Well almost there, 2 down. The creation of a one world currency. Almost there, our system is now under the IMF. Creation of a one world government, almost a check there as well.

You really think these people have YOUR interests in mind? Nah. I used to work in political interviewing and it is amazing how you can twist someone's mind so bad that you'll convince them to vote for who YOU want them to.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I buy zero of your conspiracy theories. Sure, big money and financed interests have a lot of influence, but certainly not "Illuminati"esque control. Jesuits and Bilderberg types? What a bunch of crap.
I actually like how direct you are, Merlin. I sometimes fail in that department. An, well... *brushes away annoying flecks of PC off shoulders*

Note: PC as in "polite crap" - not as in "politically correct"

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A suggestion to anyone who really believes in an all-powerful "Illuminati": If you refuse to give your country away, the boogeyman can't get you.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree that the "secret societies run the world" thing is completely ridiculous. The real ones are just clubs for rich people to hang out and do whatever rich people do. They just spread an illusion of power and control to make people think they are "mysterious and important" when in reality the groups have very little influence in the grand scheme of things.

The Illuminati hasn't existed for hundreds of years, and what they actually were is nothing like all the conspiracy theory stuff people talk about in modern times. In actuality they were just a small group who assassinated some people hundreds of years ago, then were promptly stomped out of existence for it.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that the "secret societies run the world" thing is completely ridiculous. The real ones are just clubs for rich people to hang out and do whatever rich people do. They just spread an illusion of power and control to make people think they are "mysterious and important" when in reality the groups have very little influence in the grand scheme of things.

The Illuminati hasn't existed for hundreds of years, and what they actually were is nothing like all the conspiracy theory stuff people talk about in modern times. In actuality they were just a small group who assassinated some people hundreds of years ago, then were promptly stomped out of existence for it.
Based on what evidence? lol, this is one of the most preposterous analogies I've heard. This is much greater than just during the crusade times. After all, they were helping people cross the Holy Lands right?

No, that was just a cover they had.

Why are chips being installed and are in all credit cards now?

Why is this one of the few countries that doesn't use bio-metric technology already for purchases?

I guess that's why Prince died from drug overdose right?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Based on what evidence? lol, this is one of the most preposterous analogies I've heard. This is much greater than just during the crusade times. After all, they were helping people cross the Holy Lands right?

No, that was just a cover they had.

Why are chips being installed and are in all credit cards now?

Why is this one of the few countries that doesn't use bio-metric technology already for purchases?

I guess that's why Prince died from drug overdose right?
I work in hedge funds, venture capital and private equity and have more contact with "One Percenters" than the vast majority of the public. Do these people exert influence and make big donations, whether it be money or resources, to politicians? Sure. But does that give them control? No. It just gives them a larger voice. Maybe on some local level it gives them some 'power'... but that power isn't in the line of controlling all economic activity and security in some shadowy and nefarious fashion. As Captain noted... in most cases those "meetings" are just a bunch of rich snobs gloating about their life styles and sharing financial related secrets. They do not control political power in America or the remaining civilized portions of Europe.

Chips are in CC's now for fraud purposes. It was a part of the Consumer Protection Act to begin moving electronic transactions to more secure environment.

If they used bio-metic technology - you would say that was all apart of their grandiose plan to control the world as well. Chips are far less invasive than biometric identifiers.

I'm not medical examiner - but it was long reported Prince had slowed down his touring and public appearances, in part, due to some addictions to pain killers (and God knows what else). And even IF the Illuminati were targeting people... what in the world would they target Prince for? His influence on pop culture was long forgotten prior to his death. Not sure what dots you're trying to connect there.

The problem with conspiracy theorists is that they take ANY piece of information, and twist it around to fit in their obscure theories and world views.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with people that use labels is that they conveniently use those labels to pigeon hole people whose views do not align with their own.

If you work with hedge funds, then you would know that NONE of the problems cause by the recent economic collapse were actually solved. You can do all the same things with grouping bad mortgages into a roll of funds like you could do before. This is what they wanted and why it didn't get fixed.

Their surprise was they had to bail out some people they didn't expect to.

The problem with labels is that it aligns with sectarian thinking. This is the same analyzing as saying the Earth is 5 billion years old because I created a machine that will tell me so.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The problem with people that use labels is that they conveniently use those labels to pigeon hole people...
Remember that label thing the next time you conspiracy buffs bash the Masonic Order. My father was a Mason. I guess, according to you...:tinhat:my family must be part of the Illuminati!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember that label thing the next time you conspiracy buffs bash the Masonic Order. My father was a Mason. I guess, according to you...:tinhat:my family must be part of the Illuminati!
That would explain it then, I rest my case. Although, it does stand to reason I did not mention anything about freemasonry. You can stick to your Murdoch television. The truth is already out there on presentations with many different cited sources. It's just whether people will choose to believe it. According to your types, nothing happened on the grassy knoll. I would expect if your father had risen the ranks far enough, you would know the exact meaning of the book I cited previously.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That would explain it then, I rest my case. Although, it does stand to reason I did not mention anything about freemasonry. You can stick to your Murdoch television. The truth is already out there on presentations with many different cited sources. It's just whether people will choose to believe it. According to your types, nothing happened on the grassy knoll. I would expect if your father had risen the ranks far enough, you would know the exact meaning of the book I cited previously.
You have no case, dear. But it's evident that nothing will separate you from that tinfoil hat. Have a nice evening. :rolleyes:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The secret societies have always controlled everything and they always will.
I have one thing left to say:

As much as I disagree with you, my irritation is not about you personally. Ultimately, I don't think either of our opinions matter regarding whether or not there's some mysterious ancient cabal behind the evil in the world, or just a growing rot within our own governments and societies. What really does matter (to me) is whether or not we decide to fight what is wrong... or lie down and passively accept it. I'm just not ready to do that. Hopefully you won't do that either.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, well I do agree with you that we should fight with what is wrong. As much as I don't like what is happening in the world, I'm for Trump and you wouldn't hear otherwise. After all, the alternative is quite abysmal wouldn't you say? It would just be 4 or 8 years of the same thing that has already been going on. You have a good night as well.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hi, well I do agree with you that we should fight with what is wrong. As much as I don't like what is happening in the world, I'm for Trump and you wouldn't hear otherwise. After all, the alternative is quite abysmal wouldn't you say? It would just be 4 or 8 years of the same thing that has already been going on. You have a good night as well.
We can most definitely agree on that. Take care.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Trump has zero chance of getting elected and that's all that matters to me. All the lip service in the world won't change that.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
A majority of Americans won't turn stupid in 3 weeks lol
I hear you there, I am personally hoping a LOT of Americans actually smarten up over the next two and a half weeks.. but, it's hard to smarten Hilary supporters up when they are only focused on counting the dingle berries in and around the posterior orifice they have their heads planted in. :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Hilary should just take a knee. Run out the clock. This is the most glorious election ever. Not only does Trump not have a chance in Hell, he's bringing down the entire Republican party also. Republicans at each others throat. Republicans will lose the Senate. Probably won't lose the House but it'll be close. Maybe. Democrats will seat the next Justice. Trump is constantly fact checked to be lying in the 80 to 90 percent range. Who knows what he's thinking? He has absolutely no plans at all other than run his mouth to whatever the yokels wanna hear. Not one endorsement from any former Republican President. The closest thing to a political endorsement of a leader he has is his friend Putin. I could seriously cry I'm so ecstatic. But I WILL say he is a generous man. He gave Hillary the election *sniff, it's beautiful man!* Say whatever nonsense ya want folks! Just stock up on the Kleenex! Your gonna need it!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I hear you there, I am personally hoping a LOT of Americans actually smarten up over the next two and a half weeks.. but, it's hard to smarten Hilary supporters up when they are only focused on counting the dingle berries in and around the posterior orifice they have their heads planted in. :)
That is a typical Trump supporter type response. Nothing factual, just roll the insults at everyone lol. You've learned the teachings of your master. When they go low, Trump supporters go lower! lol

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The only reason why he has no chance is because of the amount of voter fraud that the Democrats perpetrate, let alone that there has never been more collision between the mainstream media and a Presidential campaign in American history. Trump will only lose by the votes of dead people and illegal immigrants who should be kicked out ASAP.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a typical Trump supporter type response. Nothing factual, just roll the insults at everyone lol. You've learned the teachings of your master. When they go low, Trump supporters go lower! lol
Facts? I doubt this thread should be turned into a **** fest and spammed with the pages and pages and pages of corruption, lies, and deceit that the woman you support brings back to the White House. I'm sure she does miss those personal lonely, one on one conversations with ole Eleanor R. though...lol she's always been nuts.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The only reason why he has no chance is because of the amount of voter fraud that the Democrats perpetrate, let alone that there has never been more collision between the mainstream media and a Presidential campaign in American history. Trump will only lose by the votes of dead people and illegal immigrants who should be kicked out ASAP.
Gore lost by 500 votes, never claimed fraud. That's class, not trash. WELL! LIVE people in the latest poll released hours ago by NBC has Clinton up by 11 points nation wide. People are leaving Johnson and Stein and jumping on the Hillary train. When voter fraud is found it's in the hundreds, tops. Even in the most supposedly corrupt areas. Not even a drop in the bucket to sway an election. Trump has no policies, no plans, just vague mouth flapping. What do you expect? I think he'll get a bump outta the next debate as Hillary will never go down to his childish level. But he'll never win. No one that understands this stuff thinks he has a chance. Obama was predicted to have just a 4 point lead over Romney by the same polls we see today and Obama sailed in easily. Just come over to the land of reality for a few minutes.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hilary was on the childish level far before Trump ever was. She's also married to a rapist who has children that he denies exist. Denying that voter fraud exists in the tens, if not hundreds of thousands, on behalf of Democrats, shows how far your head is in your cooter for the candidate who will add another $10 trillion to the national debt on behalf of welfare addicts and illegal immigrants who never paid a dime into the system.

If you want to rat on Trump, that's one thing... but sitting there and acting like Hilary deserves to be President and isn't a huge hunk of **** is absolutely absurd.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So when the DOJ during the Bush Administration investigated the voter fraud rate in America and came up with 0.00000013% it didn't prove anything?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Hilary was on the childish level far before Trump ever was. She's also married to a rapist who has children that he denies exist. Denying that voter fraud exists in the tens, if not hundreds of thousands, on behalf of Democrats, shows how far your head is in your cooter for the candidate who will add another $10 trillion to the national debt on behalf of welfare addicts and illegal immigrants who never paid a dime into the system.

If you want to rat on Trump, that's one thing... but sitting there and acting like Hilary deserves to be President and isn't a huge hunk of **** is absolutely absurd.
Hillary will be a great President. Doesn't pay a dime into the system like Trump with his unheard of policy of not releasing his taxes? Like that ya mean? The only ones that ever did an excellent job of handling the national debt was Clinton and Obama. It's a FACT! READ! The national debt always went sky high under Republicans. Just to try and pull you into reality for a second... Bill isn't running.... Got a problem with the national debt? Actually tax the billionaires and corporations to pay their fair share again and everything is better than good. Under the Republican Eisenhower the tax rate on the insanely wealthy was like 90%. Remember those times, back when we ruled the planet? Now they get paid in stock options and such it's like 15%! You've drunk the kool-aid brother. You have no concept of how an economy works other than what you hear from a man with no experience that lies 90% of the time. There's your proven liar. But I don't really give a **** cause he DOESN'T HAVE A CHANCE. Zip zero nill.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hillary will be a great President. Doesn't pay a dime into the system like Trump with his unheard of policy of not releasing his taxes? Like that ya mean? The only ones that ever did an excellent job of handling the national debt was Clinton and Obama. It's a FACT! READ! The national debt always went sky high under Republicans. Just to try and pull you into reality for a second... Bill isn't running.... Got a problem with the national debt? Actually tax the billionaires and corporations to pay their fair share again and everything is better than good. Under the Republican Eisenhower the tax rate on the insanely wealthy was like 90%. Remember those times, back when we ruled the planet? Now they get paid in stock options and such it's like 15%! You've drunk the kool-aid brother. You have no concept of how an economy works other than what you hear from a man with no experience that lies 90% of the time. There's your proven liar. But I don't really give a **** cause he DOESN'T HAVE A CHANCE. Zip zero nill.
I guess you must have criticized Obama's lack of experience? Trump has more executive experience than Obama did when he became President. That's a fact, Jack.

Great President? Are you out of your mind? What makes you think that the media isn't going to tear her apart once Trump is out of the picture? Wake up. There's never been a more filthy trashbag with more dirt on them than Hilary.

Excellent job of handling national debt? Obama doubled it from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in two terms. That's a fact. Not a Republican accusation. HE DOUBLED THE DEBT. DOUBLED IT. What do we have to show for it? In the 200+ years of American democracy, we accumulated $10 trillion in debt. It will be $21 trillion by time he leaves... meaning his 8 years is responsible for more than 50% of all the debt in our history.

Bill Clinton, during his first two years of his Presidency when Dems had control of White House, Senate, and House of Reps, ran the highest national debt in history. It didn't come down until Newt Gingrich and the Contract with America entered the scene. Another fact.

It's highly doubtful you understand how tax on stocks work. So don't even try to lecture a hedge fund accountant, bro.

This election is about a lot more than Trump or Hilary. It's about an ideology, LIBERALISM, that wants to spend endlessly... the same ideology that turns it's head when white police officers are attacked relentlessly, that allows illegal immigrants to jump on the gravy train and never pay a dime into the system, that insists it must be RACIST that we insist on voters having to show an official ID before voting (you know... just like you have to do to buy cigarettes, beer, fly a commercial airline, etc.).

Trump may lose... but this isn't over by a long shot. People like me intend to continue to eviscerate Hilary until she is out. The media is conveniently ignoring the dirty on Hil-dog while Trump is in the picture, but they won't be able to once he is out.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when the DOJ during the Bush Administration investigated the voter fraud rate in America and came up with 0.00000013% it didn't prove anything?
So wait...? You're saying that they wouldn't lie about voter fraud? Well now..how bout that..

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So wait...? You're saying that they wouldn't lie about voter fraud? Well now..how bout that..

No, I'm saying the Republican's claim the that Dems are all about voter fraud is a bit self-defacing and probably more about lip service than anything when a Republican instituted investigation suggest that voter fraud is less likely than being struck by lighting. Btw the odds of winning the MegaMillions lotter is 0.0000004% that's greater than the 0.00000013% chance of a vote being fraudulent.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Close to 50% of America is on food stamps..it's not a presidential problem. It's an ideological problem. People in America have become lazy under democratic leadership in almost if not ALL cases. They promote a government controlled system that does NOT work. That's not "koolaid" that is reality. Hundreds of Thousands of our factories left in droves when the dahlia llama Bill Clinton and the rest of his corrupt cronies signed NAFTA, and forced American companies to move overseas to skip out on taxes that the left claim the super rich are just going to hand over and not do the same. That's not "koolaid" that is reality. To sit here and claim the walking lie Bot would do anything other than scratch the backs of the rich and powerful and take away the rights of the majority for a small minority is in fact...kool-aid. Drink up! Obama's failed policies which Hillary Clinton champions have in fact created Trump..1776 is closer than you'd like to imagine...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't say Clinton and Obama are exclusively in that club... Jackson was the only President to wipe out the National Debt. **Edit** Interesting fact, Jackson' Successor was the first President Born a US Citizen, all those before and including Jackson were born British Citizens as colonists.

Now lets be fair here, both Hillary and Trump are incredibly flawed as candidates, and they are still better options either one than the 3rd party candidates, at least they can name at least 1 leader of a foreign country. The vehemence, and tenacity in politics has nothing to do with an individual candidate anymore, it's more about party allegiance. I saw someone I went to High School talking about what a great Republican Teddy Roosevelt was.. It's true he was a Republican before the Bull Moose party fissioned off, what they seem to forget is he passed the Pure Food and Water Act that let the Federal Gov. regulate the Food and Pharmaceutical industries, he was a staunch environmentalist and conservationist starting the National Park Service, he backed the founding of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) which means as President he had the Government interfering in academics..

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No, I'm saying the Republican's claim the that Dems are all about voter fraud is a bit self-defacing and probably more about lip service than anything when a Republican instituted investigation suggest that voter fraud is less likely than being struck by lighting. Btw the odds of winning the MegaMillions lotter is 0.0000004% that's greater than the 0.00000013% chance of a vote being fraudulent.

What a load of crap.

Democratic Committee Uses Voter Fraud During Elections, Says BOC Commissioner

We know FULL WELL who they are busing around from district to district, with no ID's to vote and we know what party they vote for. That's an election commissioner saying it outright.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The republicans can say whatever they want. Bush was just as corrupt as Hillary, he was just better at hiding it I presume. They can poll longtime dem's and rep's alike all they want...#Amexit is happening, I'd suggest the "moral compasses" get their tickets to Canada..

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The republicans can say whatever they want. Bush was just as corrupt as Hillary, he was just better at hiding it I presume. They can poll longtime dem's and rep's alike all they want...#Amexit is happening, I'd suggest the "moral compasses" get their tickets to Canada..

Personally I just wish the Government would enforce laws equally, though if they did, everyone affiliated with a political party would have to be imprisoned, they do meet the basic definition of a domestic terrorist organisation.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Personally I just wish the Government would enforce laws equally, though if they did, everyone affiliated with a political party would have to be imprisoned, they do meet the basic definition of a domestic terrorist organisation.
But then who would we be left with? Ross Perot and Ralph Nader? :p

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
But then who would we be left with? Ross Perot and Ralph Nader? :p
There'd probably me a few more :p

Close to 50% of America is on food stamps..it's not a presidential problem. It's an ideological problem. People in America have become lazy under democratic leadership in almost if not ALL cases. They promote a government controlled system that does NOT work. That's not "koolaid" that is reality. Hundreds of Thousands of our factories left in droves when the dahlia llama Bill Clinton and the rest of his corrupt cronies signed NAFTA, and forced American companies to move overseas to skip out on taxes that the left claim the super rich are just going to hand over and not do the same. That's not "koolaid" that is reality. To sit here and claim the walking lie Bot would do anything other than scratch the backs of the rich and powerful and take away the rights of the majority for a small minority is in fact...kool-aid. Drink up! Obama's failed policies which Hillary Clinton champions have in fact created Trump..1776 is closer than you'd like to imagine...

I wouldn't lay all the blame for NAFTA on Bill, he may have helped negotiate the deal, but he didn't sign it into effect, Bush did. Besides many of the industries were already on the way out of the US at the time. The problem is largely we've got an economic model in our countries flavor of "Free Market" Capitalism that isn't adequate for a globalized world. When the foundations of it were erected, it took 3 months to get a package from Europe, and that's if you were lucky enough to live in a port city on the East Coast. Traveling from Boston to New York City took a week. To complicate it further, businesses especially Corporations are compelled to increase profitability for the benefit of Shareholders. Once industrialization in emerging countries where labor could be exploited, caught up to more modern transportation methods, combined with one of the lowest import tariff rates in the world the outcome was all but assured.

Forgot the other issue in the quote to address

Of course there is an ideological problem: People in America are not educated to be good citizens. If I wanted to discuss Socio-Political Philosophy would you feel comfortable arguing the merits of Plato and Aristotle's theoretical societies against the more realist view of Machiavelli? Why did Plato consider Democracy the 2nd worst form of Government, what dangers does it pose? What is Aristotelian morality focused on? What about understanding inalienable rights according to Hobbes (hint there was only 1)? According to Locke at what point does something become property?

All of these are important to understanding the obligations and responsibilities that come with being a good citizen. I sometimes think the only fix is to take Jefferson's advice, and place the entire Constitution up for revision, he suggested it be done every 20 - 30 years. Mind you, I don't think our current constitution has failed our country. I think the citizenry taken as a collective no longer have the quality of character to meet the demands it places on us, simply because we are not educated to live up to it's standards.

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Hillary's America VS Trump's America

..I'm sure you can guess who's who

An America where the First Amendment is still in effect? Yes I realize Trump has promised to rid us of the First Amendment. Right to protest and freedom of the press are in serious jeopardy. But I served in the military so I guess I got as much right to chime in about this as anyone. While I might not agree with this I certainly defended his right to do so. But not the rights future Hitlers that would strip us of our rights. Trump currently is trying to end Saturday Night Live lol. End our rights and jail your opponents. Straight out of the 3rd world dictator play book. If he were qualified he's know the president can't do any of that. Well until he adopts new special powers anyway. I guess one of his headquarters got fire bombed. Funny Hitler gained power with a similar move. Just sayin'!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
An America where the First Amendment is still in effect? Yes I realize Trump has promised to rid us of the First Amendment. Right to protest and freedom of the press are in serious jeopardy. But I served in the military so I guess I got as much right to chime in about this as anyone. While I might not agree with this I certainly defended his right to do so. But not the rights future Hitlers that would strip us of our rights. Trump currently is trying to end Saturday Night Live lol. End our rights and jail your opponents. Straight out of the 3rd world dictator play book. If he were qualified he's know the president can't do any of that. Well until he adopts new special powers anyway. I guess one of his headquarters got fire bombed. Funny Hitler gained power with a similar move. Just sayin'!
Well, if you read Book VIII of The Republic by Plato, he brings up that Socrates stated the means a Democracy descends into Tyranny is when in their desire and love of liberty the people put forth a man as their champion who once in power, becomes ensnared by it and betrays the faith entrusted into him.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
An America where the First Amendment is still in effect? Yes I realize Trump has promised to rid us of the First Amendment. Right to protest and freedom of the press are in serious jeopardy.
DERP. It is the LEFT who acts as the thought police in this country. School districts in some states are now being told they can't even call school children boys and girls anymore, because it is "not inclusive" of little children who may consider themselves "gender non-binary". They are the thought police of the worst kind! But it doesn't end there...
Disagree with them on anything related to the tragic altercations between young black men and police officers? WELL THEN YOU MUST BE A RACIST.
Disagree with their economic policies of wanting to tax corporations and rich people into oblivion? YOU'RE A GREEDY ONE PERCENTER!
Disagree with their environmental facism? YOU HATE MOTHER EARTH AND ARE IN BED WITH BIG BUSINESS!

Once again, you distort the truth, just as the left does. College campuses are now rampant with these cry babies that want a "safe space" because it hurts their feelings if their ideas are challenged. They recently took polls at some of the colleges if the right to freedom of speech should be repealed so they can protect their fragile liberal ideas. Sadly, in all cases repealing the first amendment received more support than keeping it. These are overwhelmingly Hilary voting Lliberals - not Trump supporters.

There has never been a campaign where the press was more on the side of one candidate than the other. That is what we see today in the Clinton-Trump race. We saw it with Obama-Romney and Obama-McCain, but never at this level where the press is literally protecting negative stories about Hilary from emerging, or GIVING HER DEBATE QUESTIONS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE like what Donna Brazille recently did. How shameful that you can try to put that on Donald Trump while ignoring how dangerously close to a 'Big Brother' type of state the leftists support.

Hilary Clinton received a subpoena from the FBI, and it was until after receiving that subpoena that she deleted 30,000+ emails and had all her servers wiped. Worst yet, this was involving national security. Anyone else in the history of this country would go to jail. If one of my hedge fund clients didn't report taxes or something along those lines, and I took it upon myself to delete all of the information and go to great lengths to hide it, and then the SEC investigated and found out... I would go to jail. I would lose my license to practice accounting. What Hilary did was far worse and she was given a free pass.

No life time politician, like Hilary, becomes a multi-millionaire without being corrupt. Hilary is the most corrupt piece of garbage to run for President since the days of big party bosses controlling nominees.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This will be short. I have been following this since Day One. I've spent most of my time quietly researching everything I can on this election and the candidates. Also, the many revelations from WikiLeaks have helped to bring clarity to a wide range of pertinent questions. I have since come to the conclusion that Donald Trump, whatever his flaws may be, actually cares about this country. Hillary Clinton, however, is a serial liar - a cold manipulative psychopath - who cares only for her own dark ambitions.

The nation is on life support. Trump offers hope for recovery. A vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for pulling the plug and letting the republic die.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You obviously would take a leftist stance and not even understand the comparison. It had nothing to do with an ability to have or squelch free speech. The rights that have been bestowed upon him by the men and women who died for his freedoms...he disrespect them. It's an irony that only the left can support..the comparison is actually really a simple one..Patriotism over the exact opposite. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech period. A man who can simply disgrace his country is the lefts champion. I choose America!

Status
Not open for further replies.