• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else excited to Make America Great Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fiscally conservative and socially liberal is an actual thing. And, about 50 percent of voters are registering as independents. I'm not here to win followers for anyone. A discussion of issues that folks find important would be refreshing.
I've been registered as an independent for several years now. Tried both parties before that and neither of them really felt like a good fit for me. I've never been able to walk into the voting booth and just vote straight down the line for one party or the other. I do my homework and look at all the candidates and issues and really agonize over who and what I'm going to vote for or against. At this point, I would NEVER vote for Trump. I like some of Sander's ideas, but I just don't think a lot of what he is promising is even feasible. Out of Trump, Sanders, and Clinton, if someone forced me to choose, I'd probably have to make myself vote for Clinton just because I think she's got a little more expertise, especially in foreign affairs, and would be far less likely to get the U.S. nuked just for opening her mouth and making an off-the-cuff, ill-considered remark like Trump might.

I'm seriously considering voting for Gary Johnson. I don't agree with everything the Libertarians have to say, nor do I agree with everything Johnson has ever said or done either. But I think both he and Bill Weld, the Libertarian's VP candidate, are definitely worthy of consideration. I'll be keeping an eye on what they say and do in coming months and digging up everything I can to read more about them. And I just might start answering more of the unwanted phone calls I get just in case it's a pollster to try to get those guys up to the 15% mark so Johnson can hopefully participate in the Presidential debates in the fall. Would really, really love to see him go toe-to-toe with both Trump and Clinton.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Tried both parties before that and neither of them really felt like a good fit for me.
That makes sense. Democrat? Republican? It does not matter.. they are only different cheeks on the same ass... :coco:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to change my registration to Republican this election cycle to primary for Trump.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The piece I read reported that Obama wants to become Secretary-General of the UN. Just the thought of that makes my blood run cold.
^^ This... definitely where he is wanting to head. He has already said numerous times "International Law supersedes American Law".. look it up for yourself if ya don't believe me. ;)

Also, while I am thinking about it..

These folks here:

Protesters attack Trump supporters outside San Jose rally

Would not try this junk in a "stand your ground state"... bring that junk to Ga and see what happens around here ;)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I went to the Trump rally I was PRAYING for protestors... It was a Saturday 9am start, so the kids were still sleeping. Too bad :( I love arguing with the libtards. However there was one protestor that actually has a job and could actually wake up that early. I did feel bad..I almost wanted to protest with her so she wouldn't be lonely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Shoot.. don't get me wrong.. I support their right to protest. But what those folks are doing out west ain't protesting.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shoot.. don't get me wrong.. I support their right to protest. But what those folks are doing out west ain't protesting.
No it is not protesting. It's rioting.. First of all burning the American flag, waving the Mexican with signs Make American Mexican or Brown. Isssss only getting Trump more votes...

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ya, that is correct, i was at work andtyping in my cell phone on break.
I figured it might be something like that. Heck, I almost typed "President" instead of "Secretary-General"... caught myself just in time. :cool:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be eligible to run for President in the 2024 election.

Just saying.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I wish people would study history more, and I'm not talking 3930210393 years ago stuff that is all speculation. I'm talking like straight up American political history, you could start with why we left Europe and came here maybe. Or maybe read some suspicious stuff like what happened to presidents who stood against a big national bank, (William Henry Harrison and Zachary Taylor, Willie supposedly died from pneumonia, and they say big Zach died from gorging himself on cherries... no wait sudden onset typhoid, no wait, spoiled milk.. no wait) people like JFK who stood up to the big national bank by introducing silver backed currency into the economy, threatened to shatter our national intelligence into a thousand pieces and close it down because it was so corrupt, go after our CFR controlled media and politically swayed educational systems. They still don't agree on who did it, and guess what he was shot in the head in front of thousands of people in a street.. in the broad daylight. On film. Read a little about the formation of the united nations, Alger Hiss, (that is a real guy), and guess what they never rewrote the charter or questioned why the un flag looks like a communist banner after he went down. But no most people want to watch people play video games on twitch, eat ice cream, and learn about sports, struggle to pay bills at jobs they're disgusted with, and hate / kill eachother in dying games on the internet (which is cool, u know). ive watched ignoramus people on the left and right belittle our military, hank Johnson telling an officer why he didn't think troops should be sent to Guam because he thought it would capsize.. Barbara Boxer telling a general (basically someone who dedicated a significant portion of their life to serving this country and leading our military) not to call her ma'am because she worked hard to be a senator. Hmmm. Look at the bald face lies of Nancy pelosi, I think I actually watched her watch herself in a clip lying in an interview, then she turned to the reporter and said they never said that.. and she was watching herself on video saying it. Then there Andrew breitbart who mysteriously dies after drinking some wine at a local pub, and the guy that came forward to give a report if his death vanished and never seen again, then the coroner who came out and said he'd not stop until he found Iiut what happened died. And there is documented footage of the guy saying it, and still a huge leftist swarm saying it was never said. And guess what you're a sexist racist if you believe otherwise. They'll tell u so. Diane Feinstein.. ugh. Just look at her. That is all. No not really, study a little, u'll see. take a real close examination of Bush 41's term in office. A lot of people did not know he was head of the cia for a while either, but watch how he kept calling for a new world order over and over and over. Basically a more dominant United nations free'er from the threat of terror.. let's look at us today. Hmm. Let's take a close look at why they said Clinton was good on the economy, it was actually a conservative led house and Senate that stood up against many of his nationally suicidal policies. He wasn't a total dip though, he brought us no child left behind, which up until common core was considered by many to be the biggest national level educational disaster we have seen in recent years. These people know what their doing, it is base level foundational decimation of our country on both sides of the fence, with a constant humiliation and negative press on people who genuinely want to break the oppressive regime system in place (cause hey bro it took hard work to get thus corrupt). I've watched our conservative candidates not be able to name our states (our lefto current presidente didn't even know how many states we have) or name many of our presidents or how many we have, or claim they will uphold the constitution and then couldn't recite a portion of it. And people keep tossing them in office, over and over and over again. I'm done ranting. I'm going to eat some tasty breakfast.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just throwing out a couple of links people might want to check:

iSideWith.com - This site has been mentioned by many reputable publications and websites as a place where you can find out how your beliefs line up with those of potential Presidential candidates. Note that for many issues, you can opt to answer additional questions and also that if you pick "Other stances" instead of Yes or No, you can fine-tune your answer.

A couple of links for the Johnson/Weld (Libertarian) ticket in case you want to learn more:

(1) Issues ;

(2) .

* Edited for formatting last paragraph.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Government corruption is so deep it's impossible to see bottom. Even our FBI Director is evidently too intimidated to follow through and do the right thing. In my opinion there's only one candidate remaining who is worth voting for. I'm voting for Trump.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It terrifies me such notable portion of U.S is actually considering a reality tv character as their President. Value in entire notion of casting vote to elect president has suffered such huge inflation. So many appear to approach it with same dignity they have reserved for Big Brother reality tv eviction vote.

It is ridiculous to watch Trump supporters accuse Clinton for being corrupt, or having "blood on her hands." You are comparing former Secretary of State with years of experience in various offices to a tv personality born in old money. Trump hasn't gotten to sit behind tables where he'd get an opportunity to get corrupted.

I fully understand how picking lesser of two evils is deep in political DNA of USA. This weird two party system ensures that much. However, I will never understand twist in logic, dysfunction in common sense and off-season for morals it requires to see Trump as a lesser of two evil. We speak of seasoned politician Vs a a tv-personality, a character.

Trump hasn't made a single 'mistake' in strictly political sense in his entire life. He has never been in position where decisions need to be made, mistakes happen and responsibility needs to be taken.

Luckily Trump is far too incompetent,dispassionate and indifferent to be compared to Hitler. However, the voter base is similar. Early Nazis and Trump supporters ultimately respond and react to same thing; Pure personality with dubious policy coming from outside. Lack of policy gets replaced by rantings about things to fear, things to hate, things that are broken. Calling others for their mistakes after holding positions similar in responsibility to those Taxi drivers and barbers of meme above. To Nazis defense, ( Don't get to say that every day!!) they at least fell under evil spell of man of pure passion and hatred. It is likely Hitler fully believed in every word he said. Hitler was real. Trump on the other hand is just trolling and playing the crowd.He is a character. And you are actually buying into it. Very difficult to understand.

" But we dun't want a politican!! Theys corrupt! We want the system to change! USA USA USA!" This collective rise of anti-intellectualism in West troubles me quite a bit. Mainland Europe, USA, UK all have such dark spells to them now. It is entirely likely that in 100 years, books about history of things to come devote a chapter to change in our attitudes around 2014-16. This stuff acts as enabler to all our darker sides.

It is incredibly impressive how far one can get with doctored-to-be-dumb catchphrases. No policy, no substance,no ideology, no experience in legislative office of any kind. Just memes. It is kinda terrifying how THIS is all portion of U.S needs to end up under such a spell. Terrifying bit there being how well somebody with actual fire and fury might one day handle you and guide your thought.

President in U.S has reasonably good measure of power. Means your vote is pretty important. Don't insult the right by casting it on douchebags like Trump.
Thanks

Last edited:

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#Trump4Dev2016 Make UO Great again!!
T'was posted for lulz, but I think there is an analogy in this:

UO dev team needs a new manager. Two people apply for the job.

One applicant knows half a dozen programming languages and has been working, with varied success, in half a dozen different positions in different dev teams of few MMOs. She has formely been a programmer,developer, community manager. She is married to a guy who used to lead WoW dev team few decades back with great success. Current, about to retire UO manger clearly gets along with her well enough. Lots of players on forums are kinda pissed off with her. One of the content patches she pulled through had lots of bugs and ended up having the patch notes leak before hand. People are angry she didn't get fired over this. On dev diary youtube videos, she looks fake.

Other person mostly just rants about what is wrong with UO. He has never been part of any kind of a dev team or such. He just plays the game instead. He has never studied or displayed interest to programming or game development. His father gave him an account with 200 bil of cash. He has been spending and investing this cash by running a big Luna mall and trolling people. He has never really shown interest to game devving as such; just waffles about what is wrong with the game on forums. Almost everything he says is just long list of thigs that suck about the game. He has made it clear that if he won't get the job, EA will surely pull the plug. He has precious few ideas when it comes to fixing the game he claims broken to core. These ideas amount to terrible simplifications that ignore any real issues and strip the problem of it's substance so completely that only some easyl obvious-to-all core remains; " When I get elected, I will make more people play UO. Once more people play UO, the economy will become more vibrant again! " If somebody argues with him, exposes his lies, logic flaws or shortcomings, this person just switches to CAPSLOCK and keeps on. He feels he should be in charge of UO.

More or less every single game developer seems to hate the applicant number 2. Most everybody who has played UO with him calls him a major ass or a sociopath.
Richard Garriot drops by and says applicant number 2 is “a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator,"
However, he doesn't look fake on youtube videos.

Which one should we go with?

Last edited:

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been registered as an independent for several years now. Tried both parties before that and neither of them really felt like a good fit for me. I've never been able to walk into the voting booth and just vote straight down the line for one party or the other. I do my homework and look at all the candidates and issues and really agonize over who and what I'm going to vote for or against. At this point, I would NEVER vote for Trump. I like some of Sander's ideas, but I just don't think a lot of what he is promising is even feasible. Out of Trump, Sanders, and Clinton, if someone forced me to choose, I'd probably have to make myself vote for Clinton just because I think she's got a little more expertise, especially in foreign affairs, and would be far less likely to get the U.S. nuked just for opening her mouth and making an off-the-cuff, ill-considered remark like Trump might.

I'm seriously considering voting for Gary Johnson. I don't agree with everything the Libertarians have to say, nor do I agree with everything Johnson has ever said or done either. But I think both he and Bill Weld, the Libertarian's VP candidate, are definitely worthy of consideration. I'll be keeping an eye on what they say and do in coming months and digging up everything I can to read more about them. And I just might start answering more of the unwanted phone calls I get just in case it's a pollster to try to get those guys up to the 15% mark so Johnson can hopefully participate in the Presidential debates in the fall. Would really, really love to see him go toe-to-toe with both Trump and Clinton.

It makes me sad that people will consider a third party because they hate Trump ( and rightly so) but won't consider Hilary for some of her views .I hate the fact that she supports GMO and Big Pharma, But voting third party will only increase the chances of the party you don't want to get in.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It terrifies me such notable portion of U.S is actually considering a reality tv character as their President.
Actually he was a successful business man and one of the most prominent real estate developers long before taking a TV role.

And I'm far more terrified of someone who wasn't smart enough to protect top secret information on a computer server, like Corrupt Hilary, than a ruthless businessman like the Donald.

It is ridiculous to watch Trump supporters accuse Clinton for being corrupt, or having "blood on her hands." You are comparing former Secretary of State with years of experience in various offices to a tv personality born in old money. Trump hasn't gotten to sit behind tables where he'd get an opportunity to get corrupted.
Secretary of state with years of experience? What did she accomplish in those years? Did the world become any safer? Did America's position in the world advance any further? She does have blood on her hands and lied about the entire Benghazi incident.. tried blaming it on a YouTube video... and still nothing has been done about it because she is corrupt.

How can you say Trump hasn't gotten to have the opportunity to be corrupt? Clearly you know very little about his influence in New York or New Jersey, the two states I have lived in my entire life. To this day, NY papers still try to say he has mob ties. It was in the Daily News this very morning.

I fully understand how picking lesser of two evils is deep in political DNA of USA. This weird two party system ensures that much. However, I will never understand twist in logic, dysfunction in common sense and off-season for morals it requires to see Trump as a lesser of two evil. We speak of seasoned politician Vs a a tv-personality, a character.
Respectfully, a simpleton argument by someone who doesn't appear to understand the United States.

Trump is far more than a "TV personality" and Clinton is far more the greater of two evils and represents the entire corrupt system that has corroded Washington DC over the last 25 years.

He has never been in position where decisions need to be made, mistakes happen and responsibility needs to be taken.
Are you kidding me? That is not an intelligent or factual statement.

Luckily Trump is far too incompetent,dispassionate and indifferent to be compared to Hitler. However, the voter base is similar. Early Nazis and Trump supporters ultimately respond and react to same thing; Pure personality with dubious policy coming from outside. Lack of policy gets replaced by rantings about things to fear, things to hate, things that are broken. Calling others for their mistakes after holding positions similar in responsibility to those Taxi drivers and barbers of meme above. To Nazis defense, ( Don't get to say that every day!!) they at least fell under evil spell of man of pure passion and hatred. It is likely Hitler fully believed in every word he said. Hitler was real. Trump on the other hand is just trolling and playing the crowd.He is a character. And you are actually buying into it. Very difficult to understand.
Spoken like a non-American with little understand of our political system.

I'm a Trump supporter, advocate for his campaign, and proud of it. I'm a not a "Nazi" - I WANT WASHINGTON DC TURNED ON ITS BACKSIDE. I WANT TO SEE SOMEONE ATTEMPT TO BALANCE THE BUDGET. I WANT OUR BORDERS PROTECTED. I WANT SOMEONE WHO SUPPORTS POLICE OFFICERS OVER PROTESTERS.

Taxi Drivers and Barbers? Dude... American politicians from all parts of the political spectrum have been flip-flopping positions and blaming the other side for as long as the system has been around. But now you're suggesting only Trump does it? Please. Another unintelligible statement.

People are buying into the fact that Donald Trump isn't another corrupted figure from the Washington DC political establishment and mindset the way CROOKED CLINTON is. He doesn't need the Presidency to boost his own wealth. He is doing this for the betterment of the country - not some shadowy agenda.

" But we dun't want a politican!! Theys corrupt! We want the system to change! USA USA USA!" This collective rise of anti-intellectualism in West troubles me quite a bit. Mainland Europe, USA, UK all have such dark spells to them now. It is entirely likely that in 100 years, books about history of things to come devote a chapter to change in our attitudes around 2014-16. This stuff acts as enabler to all our darker sides.
The right wing is on the rise all over the world now that the lies of socialism and multi-culturalism have been exposed. Europe is FAR WORSE OFF for the European Union, especially with their immigration problem.

I love how these leftists want to sit their and lecture us and tell us our positions are "darker", and totally unable to comprehend how leftism has led to the weakest position of the Western World in modern history. It boggles my mind when any lefty has implied their ideas have worked anywhere in the world.

It is incredibly impressive how far one can get with doctored-to-be-dumb catchphrases. No policy, no substance,no ideology, no experience in legislative office of any kind. Just memes. It is kinda terrifying how THIS is all portion of U.S needs to end up under such a spell. Terrifying bit there being how well somebody with actual fire and fury might one day handle you and guide your thought.

President in U.S has reasonably good measure of power. Means your vote is pretty important. Don't insult the right by casting it on douchebags like Trump.
Thanks
YES WE CAN!

Derp.

YES WE CAN!

Derp.

If you weren't criticizing the "catchphrases" of the left when Obama ran for President, than don't sit here and criticize the "catchphrases" of the right. We're simply trying to beat them at their own game - it's marketing, and clearly, phrases like "Make America Great Again!" and "Crooked Hillary" are catching on.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Personally I'm opposed to Political Parties, they all eventually end up working harder to forward their own agendas than working to better the people they were elected to serve. I'm happy to say that I'm not alone is believing this way, George Washington commented on it and warned of the dangers in his farewell address when leaving office in 1797.

From George Washington's Farewell Address

All obstructions to the execution of the Laws, all combinations and Associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the Constituted authorities are destructive of this fundamental principle and of fatal tendency. They serve to Organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force — to put in the place of the delegated will of the Nation, the will of a party; often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the Community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public Administration the Mirror of the ill concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the Organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common councils and modified by mutual interests. However combinations or Associations of the above description may now & then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the Power of the People, & to usurp for themselves the reins of Government; destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.
For all my distaste for the Democratic party, I absolutely loath the Republican party, it's continual efforts to undermine the principles of democracy by passing laws which discriminate, and divide the American people along racial, civic, religious, and gender lines is abhorrent. A Democratic system only operates properly when it can be be utilized by all members of it's citizenry freely and openly. As a Representative Republic, America can only suffer when our electorate only represents and strives to serve a minority voice, instead of through the exercise of true democracy, regardless of if that voice be of the wealthy, the poor, the middle class, individuals of a specific gender, religion, ethnicity, or lifestyle; all have to be heard equally and with equal weight.

Trump himself, personifies much of the of the Republican philosophy and agenda, he's petty, bigoted, bullying, egocentric, divisive, thin skinned, and an individual who views himself of some type of messianic pariah. For all that I distrust Clinton, this combination of toxic traits is terrifying when you consider the wide scope of power the President holds. Do we really want someone that can't take someone ridiculing him over twitter without lashing out being able to send our all volunteer military anywhere in the world for 60 days without Congressional approval? What happens with North Korea or Russia when they accelerate their propaganda mills?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Personally I'm opposed to Political Parties, they all eventually end up working harder to forward their own agendas than working to better the people they were elected to serve. I'm happy to say that I'm not alone is believing this way, George Washington commented on it and warned of the dangers in his farewell address when leaving office in 1797.

For all my distaste for the Democratic party, I absolutely loath the Republican party, it's continual efforts to undermine the principles of democracy by passing laws which discriminate, and divide the American people along racial, civic, religious, and gender lines is abhorrent. A Democratic system only operates properly when it can be be utilized by all members of it's citizenry freely and openly. As a Representative Republic, America can only suffer when our electorate only represents and strives to serve a minority voice, instead of through the exercise of true democracy, regardless of if that voice be of the wealthy, the poor, the middle class, individuals of a specific gender, religion, ethnicity, or lifestyle; all have to be heard equally and with equal weight.

Trump himself, personifies much of the of the Republican philosophy and agenda, he's petty, bigoted, bullying, egocentric, divisive, thin skinned, and an individual who views himself of some type of messianic pariah. For all that I distrust Clinton, this combination of toxic traits is terrifying when you consider the wide scope of power the President holds. Do we really want someone that can't take someone ridiculing him over twitter without lashing out being able to send our all volunteer military anywhere in the world for 60 days without Congressional approval? What happens with North Korea or Russia when they accelerate their propaganda mills?
Please. We all know that the ideologies that plays the race game are the Liberals and Socialists. They're the ones that CONSTANTLY attempt to divide us by race, wealth and religion. Implying that it is the Republicans is a complete load of crap.

I'm a conservative right-winger through and through and I am not "petty, bigoted, bullying, egocentric, divisive, thin skinned, and an individual who views himself of some type of messianic pariah". Mitt Romney and John McCain, our last two nominees, were the opposite of all of those things - it has nothing to do with our ideology. Trump is absolutely a force of personality... just like our current President is. I was one of the people who was warning against all the same things you are... but did Obama end the world? No. America is worse off because of him, but he didn't completely destroy the country. Nor will Donald Trump... who is far more experienced in the world than Barack Obama ever was.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are buying into the fact that Donald Trump isn't another corrupted figure from the Washington DC political establishment and mindset the way CROOKED CLINTON is. He doesn't need the Presidency to boost his own wealth. He is doing this for the betterment of the country - not some shadowy agenda.

He has been repeatedly described as a sociopath by people in close contact with him. Even his own supporters, yourself included, have figured him a ruthless businessman. You suppose he is suddenly out there for your benefit simply because he is rich? Ok. None here should take a look at his bank account and then dream up some lack of personal motivations due to digits present. There are those who keep coveting for more, always. Either money, power, prestige, fame or combination of it all. Both presidential candidates sit on so much power and wealth that it'd be enough to make average person happy. So I guess they all always are unselfish knights of the people then?

And I'm far more terrified of someone who wasn't smart enough to protect top secret information on a computer server, like Corrupt Hilary, than a ruthless businessman like the Donald.

Secretary of state with years of experience? What did she accomplish in those years? Did the world become any safer? Did America's position in the world advance any further? She does have blood on her hands and lied about the entire Benghazi incident.. tried blaming it on a YouTube video... and still nothing has been done about it because she is corrupt.

How can you say Trump hasn't gotten to have the opportunity to be corrupt? Clearly you know very little about his influence in New York or New Jersey, the two states I have lived in my entire life. To this day, NY papers still try to say he has mob ties. It was in the Daily News this very morning.

Trump is far more than a "TV personality" and Clinton is far more the greater of two evils and represents the entire corrupt system that has corroded Washington DC over the last 25 years.
If mistakes Clinton made, either perceived and dreamed up, (Benghazi incident) or stuff she should take responsibility of (emails!) trouble you so much, then clearly you hold your candidates to pretty strict standards in terms of competency for the job. Expecting one woman to make world a better place in turmoil of Arab spring is obviously a very tall order. It is clear you demand much from your politicians as individuals. That is actually a very good thing to hear; since your utmost interest is in having a competent President who does as little mistakes as possible, I'm glad you surely could never in a million years bring yourself into voting Trump, who has never held a legislative office of any kind, or done..you know, politics.

I'd get the malign fascination people have to idea of him being President, but only in scenario where US Presidency is this symbolic position without any real power. That isn't the reality yet. US President has wealth of very real political power. That is why it'd be nice if position is held by somebody with wealth of experience in..you know, politics?

The right wing is on the rise all over the world now that the lies of socialism and multi-culturalism have been exposed. Europe is FAR WORSE OFF for the European Union, especially with their immigration problem.

I love how these leftists want to sit their and lecture us and tell us our positions are "darker", and totally unable to comprehend how leftism has led to the weakest position of the Western World in modern history. It boggles my mind when any lefty has implied their ideas have worked anywhere in the world.
Modern day social democracy has generated, and keeps generating, huge measures of wealth and happiness in Northern Europe over last several decades. You need to realize how it is only in US where socialism can be presented as some scary boogeyman to cram into warning examples. Social democracy has brought us excellent, affordable education system and healthcare where falling severly ill doesn't have a good opportunity to ruin our personal economy. People have safety nets. USA would have done very well to get haunted by our monstrous socialism for a while. Ultimately, there is enough frustration, disappointment and anger in USA due to people you, as a Republican, have voted your whole life. For way too long, you've been busy ensuring no business is public, " big goverment" is some terrifying curse word, good schools, prisons and HOSPITALS are businesses. You've ended up having money define quality of every conceivable service from cradle to grave. There is plenty of awesome things in and about USA. But measure with which money defines quality of your life and social status alike is insane. And certainly generator of poison and unrest in measures that give clowns like Trump a change. I'm certain neither candidate does a single thing to change this. Except vague promises during their campaign.

(In the above, I assume you treat terms socialism and modern day social democracy as interchangeable. If you wish to argue about socialism under strictest and comfortably obsolete sense of the word,(Mixing it with Soviet Union, Communism, Iron Curtain), then I'm pretty sure you can't find (m)any socialists to talk to or argue with from Western/Nothern Europe.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
He has been repeatedly described as a sociopath by people in close contact with him. Even his own supporters, yourself included, have figured him a ruthless businessman. You suppose he is suddenly out there for your benefit simply because he is rich? Ok. None here should take a look at his bank account and then dream up some lack of personal motivations due to digits present. There are those who keep coveting for more, always. Either money, power, prestige, fame or combination of it all. Both presidential candidates sit on so much power and wealth that it'd be enough to make average person happy. So I guess they all always are unselfish knights of the people then?
The New Yorker is a hard-left publication. Ofcourse they're going to be ripping Trump.

If mistakes Clinton made, either perceived and dreamed up, (Benghazi incident) or stuff she should take responsibility of (emails!) trouble you so much, then clearly you hold your candidates to pretty strict standards in terms of competency for the job. Expecting one woman to make world a better place in turmoil of Arab spring is obviously a very tall order. It is clear you demand much from your politicians as individuals. That is actually a very good thing to hear; since your utmost interest is in having a competent President who does as little mistakes as possible, I'm glad you surely could never in a million years bring yourself into voting Trump, who has never held a legislative office of any kind, or done..you know, politics.
In Hillary Clinton's entire political career - as First Lady, as a US Senator from NY, and as Secretary of State - what accomplishments does she have to point to? How many tens of thousands of people has she employed? What bills did she author that actually accomplished something? Was there ANYTHING positive that came from her stint as Secretary of State? The only thing that is holding Clinton up is her powerful last name and being the "First Woman" nominee.

Lifetime politicians are clearly failing the United States at all levels of government. It is time to follow another course.

Modern day social democracy has generated, and keeps generating, huge measures of wealth and happiness in Northern Europe over last several decades. You need to realize how it is only in US where socialism can be presented as some scary boogeyman to cram into warning examples. Social democracy has brought us excellent, affordable education system and healthcare where falling severly ill doesn't have a good opportunity to ruin our personal economy. People have safety nets.
Are you comparing Northern Europe, i.e. Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland - to the United States? The population of those countries combined is roughly 25-30 million... hardly a tenth of the United States. Hell, there are nearly 20 million people within a 25 mile radius of where I am sitting right now in Queens, NY, right outside NYC. Apples meet Oranges.

Affordable education, healthcare, yada yada yada. We have that here in the United States too. Whenever Canadians need health care services desperately, where they have socialist medicine, where do they come? The United States. When the most driven business and science students want to come some place for college from anywhere in the world... where do they end up? At Ivy League universities in the United States. We don't want a country where everyone has the same middle-of-the-road opportunities. We want to be a country where there is a range of options of all kinds.

People have safety nets. USA would have done very well to get haunted by our monstrous socialism for a while. Ultimately, there is enough frustration, disappointment and anger in USA due to people you, as a Republican, have voted your whole life. For way too long, you've been busy ensuring no business is public, " big goverment" is some terrifying curse word, good schools, prisons and HOSPITALS are businesses. You've ended up having money define quality of every conceivable service from cradle to grave. There is plenty of awesome things in and about USA. But measure with which money defines quality of your life and social status alike is insane. And certainly generator of poison and unrest in measures that give clowns like Trump a change. I'm certain neither candidate does a single thing to change this. Except vague promises during their campaign.
The United States created and put into action the concept of social safety net on a massive scale long before Europe did. We still have plenty of them here... too many in my humble opinion. We now have people getting ADDICTED to entitlements. Young men in their 20's that go on Welfare, get free cell phones, food stamps, all kinds of other housing assistance... where is the incentive to improve yourself and do better? Socialism destroys ambition - it makes short term hard times easier to handle at the major risk of long term damage. Let's not even talk about how Barack Hussein Obama DOUBLED the United States debt to $20 trillion in his 8 year Presidency alone.

I'm an accountant - I help my clients balance their books and records, amongst other financial services. Isn't it about time we ask the same from our Federal government? Is asking for a Balanced Budget amendment an act of extremism? The Federal budget is made up of approximately 37%-40% of BORROWED MONEY. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. How can we continue to borrow more than a third of the Federal budget every year? And the answer isn't more taxes - it's cutting spending. Cutting spending isn't an act of extremism - it's an act of responsibility. And who is supporting that? It certainly isn't Hillary Clinton and the leftists. By all means, George Bush didn't do much good after the Iraq War began either, but the Democrats and Liberals will call you names (i.e., greedy, say we're throwing grandma over the cliff), at merely suggesting we balance the budget. While I don't think Donald Trump would do it over night, I think he would atleast get the Federal budget moving in the right direction. Hillary Clinton will make it worse. This isn't a "right" or "left" issue. The United States cannot continue borrowing at its current rate and Hillary Clinton and the Democrats refuse to even talk about it.

And again... maybe it's because I'm an accountant... but I have no problem with money defining most aspects of American life. Money talks and BS walks.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And again... maybe it's because I'm an accountant... but I have no problem with money defining most aspects of American life. Money talks and BS walks.
Rather than continuing this point counterpoint joyride further, I'll just settle with your closing argument here, I consider it excellent and telling alike. Nothing further needs to be said from your part or mine.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rather than continuing this point counterpoint joyride further, I'll just settle with your closing argument here, I consider it excellent and telling alike. Nothing further needs to be said from your part or mine.
Bingo.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ha. I know exactly what this is: my admission to being wealth focused makes you think I'm greedy, and therefore, an easy excuse to cop out of attempting to further defend Crooked Hillary and the failures of leftist ideologies. But that's fine... election season is only just beginning, so I'll take advantage on saving my breath from going back and forth with further point-by-point.

So instead, I'll leave you with a quote from Wall Street:
"The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."

EDIT: Let me just be clear about one thing... I certainly do respect your opinion, and I love to debate politics. I hope you take it all in good nature of the upcoming political season ;)

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Although I agree with most of Merlin's posts, I don't personally enjoy debating. For that reason, I'll keep this short and just offer the following:

Regarding campaign contributions: Clinton has reportedly received 48.5 million dollars from Wall Street donors. Trump has received only 19 thousand dollars from Wall Street donors. Will someone please guess, which candidate is owned by (and owes) Wall Street? [Hint: It's female]

If you'd like to throw your support behind the 1% that people keep complaining about, you'll vote for Hillary.

If you'd like to vote for the candidate who wants to rebuild a safer and more prosperous nation, you'll vote for Trump.

Good night and sweet dreams.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trump talks about Americanism, safety, terrorism, borders, law and order, jobs, the economy, America First!

Hillary talks about globalism, hating Wall Street when she is a puppet to them, promoting criminals, bringing more refugees, opening borders, police restricting, gender equality when she herself doesn't promote it and her candidate does, imaginary racism the left is creating again in 2016..

Pretty simple choice actually..sure Trump sometimes puts his foot in his mouth..possibly because he doesn't have a career speech writer making 6 figures talking for him every time he opens his mouth like Crooked Hillary

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Disclaimer: I've always been an Independent and don't have any loyalty to either party or candidate. I am not trying to insult anyone on this forum and apologize in advance if someone feels insulted.

I think both Trump and Hillary are complete liars, hypocrites, and narcissists bent on furthering their own power with no regard for anyone but themselves.

I watch each party and it's supporters call the other candidate corrupt, evil etc. but they frequently seem blind to their own candidates failures and hypocrisy. Let's go down the list of common things people say for each candidate.

Hillary

"The FBI director never said she lied!" -- No, he said she never lied to his agents, he didn't say she never lied to the American public.

"She will make college debt free!" -- No, she said she will reduce the tuition of state schools and eliminate tuition from community colleges (a lot of community colleges don't charge much for tuition to begin with, here in Florida the total tuition for a 2 year degree from a community college is only about $10,000). The part people seem to be completely missing here is that tuition is not the only cost associated with college. In a lot of cases the cost for room and board, books, food, etc. is significantly higher than the actual tuition. People will still come out of college with quite a bit of debt.

"She has lots of political experience!" -- Yes she has been around politics a very long time, but has she actually improved anything? Can any of her voters name the top 3 bills she wrote while she was a Senator in New York? The anti-American sentiment in the world has grown exponentially during her time as Secretary of State, plus the Benghazi incident. People seem to like saying "she has experience!" but don't seem to know any specifics of what she did while she was getting that experience. The same can be said for the Trump people who say "he has business experience!" but don't actually know anything about his business practices.

"She will be the first female president!" -- Ok, so what? If I go find a random homeless person living under a bridge will you vote for them too just because they will be the first homeless president? We should not be deciding who is in charge of the country based on a checklist of races, genders, height, sexual preferences etc.

"She is a diehard liberal and will fight for liberal values!" -- No, not really. Both her and President Obama are much more moderate than liberal. She also started out as a Republican and is able to compromise and make deals with Republicans because she still believes in a lot of the same things they do.

There is the massive hypocrisy that she claims she hates Wall Street and big political donors, yet accepts tons of cash from them. Then of course there is the problem that the Clinton Foundation receives very large donations from powerful people in the Middle East for no apparent reason, making it very likely that she was bribed during her time as Secretary of State.

She was fired from the Watergate commission for being dishonest, and her boss at the law firm she worked for in Arkansas described her as a "compulsive liar" and an "unethical lawyer". So how can anyone believe what she says during speeches when her former employers openly say she is a liar?

Trump

"He is a successful businessman!" --- Trump has had 4 bankruptcies, his university was a complete failure, and he has a long history of not paying his bills by either flat out refusing to pay people for the services they provided or filing lawsuits against them to bully them into letting his debt go.

"He is a self made man!" -- No, he isn't. His father gave him a million dollars to start out with, and he got even more through his inheritance. Some financial experts think that if he had simply put the original million dollars into an interest bearing account and done absolutely nothing with any of it he would probably be even more rich than he is right now.

"He is paying for his own campaign and doesn't take donations!" -- No, he isn't. There are tons of people donating to him. In addition to that, a significant amount of his own money that he did spend on his campaign was spent at Trump owned businesses which means the money goes right back into his pocket anyway.

"He supports American businesses and hates companies that send jobs to China!" -- This one is so far off the mark it's crazy. Practically everything the guy does involves sending money and jobs to another country. Even those "make America great again" hats he wears are made in China. He also has a long history of getting foreigners visas to come to America and work for him instead of hiring Americans.

"He is a diehard republican who believes in conservative values!" -- No, he isn't. He has switched political parties 5 times and has flip-flopped on just about every major political issue. he was an Independent as recently as 2011 and a Democrat in 2001 Source: Donald Trump changed political parties at least five times: report

Then of course there is the issue that he explodes into a fireball of rage every time anyone says anything even remotely negative about him on TV or Twitter, but yet he has no problem spitting on whoever he feels like all day by throwing hundreds of insults around, accusing people of "plotting against him" any time anything doesn't go his way, and throws a hissy fit anytime someone asks him a question he doesn't want to answer. He acts like a child whenever he doesn't get his way and thinks everyone should bow down to him solely because of his money.

There is a difference between "foot in mouth" moments during a speech, and complete disrespect towards people and facts. The guy claimed to know more about ISIS than the actual Generals fighting ISIS. It takes a special kind of ignorance to say something like that. On top of that, he followed it up by calling the 4 star Marine General who spoke at the DNC a "failed general" because he didn't successfully destroy ISIS. At any given time, there are only 3 Marine Generals who hold the 4 star rank. That means the guy Trump called a "failed general" was one of the 3 most successful people in the entire Marine Corps. Therefore if Trump truly believes the guy is a failure, he is in effect saying the entire Marine Corps are all failures because if there were someone better the "failed general" never would have been promoted that far to begin with. Yeah, Trump would make such a great commander in chief.....

I truly do not understand why people believe a word Trump says. Yes, he says things that sound good like "reinforce the borders" "make the economy better" etc. but I could walk onto a stage and say the exact same things too. What proof is there that Trump will actually follow through on a word he says? Especially when he has a long history of lying to people for personal gain and not following through on his promises in the private sector.

I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for yet, but either way I am very disappointed in the American political system and find it quite sad that these two are the best we could come up with for the leader of our country.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to be very clear! It's far too early to reply but on a side note..

However I'm sure you can find knockoffs made in countries ranging from China, to Antarctica..lovely thing about capitalism.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Of course the political system is corrupt. It has been for a long time. A good part of the electorate are corrupt as well, judging from crime rates in our population. Perhaps that may explain why so many people support Hillary Clinton, who has effectively turned dishonesty into an art form.

I can't wait to see another release from WikiLeaks. And I sincerely hope it's a leak big enough to drown her.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I especially like the lefts thought process. Well yea maybe they did rig the primary..but the problem is Russians hacked it!!! And wait, doesn't trump like Putin? Soooo basically Trump hacked us!! Jedi mind trick /end

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I especially like the lefts thought process. Well yea maybe they did rig the primary..but the problem is Russians hacked it!!! And wait, doesn't trump like Putin? Soooo basically Trump hacked us!! Jedi mind trick /end

The Left's mantra: Deflect, deflect, deflect... ;)

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So instead, I'll leave you with a quote from Wall Street:
"The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."

;)
I know that quote is from a movie but that is realy dumb the one who came up with that speech have very little knowledge of what have pushed evolution for uss humans from stone age to what we have now funny thing is it is almost the opposite of what he wrote

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
America will never be great again. It will demise to a 3rd world country or less good than Europe by the time all things are said and done.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
America will never be great again. It will demise to a 3rd world country or less good than Europe by the time all things are said and done.
Please. Europe is already on a far downward spiral. They're destroying their own culture with immigration. The only countries that would have a chance to be better than USA are Russia and China.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know there's already immigrant's here under those same types of programs that Europe has had going on right? Whether to believe they are derogatory or not is another matter. Real wages haven't risen since 1971 for the common American AND the power grid to the U.S. is about that old as well. America quite frankly is destroying its own culture as well, although not necessarily immigration perhaps. The thing is, this country has deteriorated more in the past 8 years than at any time I can possibly think. Both political parties are garbage and once one thinks outside the box regarding Christopher Columbus, than one will know who is really running this country.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course the political system is corrupt. It has been for a long time.
This part I completely agree with. I mean the corporate personhood act should explain a lot to you, after all Walmart really has arms and feet like you and I right?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You know there's already immigrant's here under those same types of programs that Europe has had going on right? Whether to believe they are derogatory or not is another matter. Real wages haven't risen since 1971 for the common American AND the power grid to the U.S. is about that old as well. America quite frankly is destroying its own culture as well, although not necessarily immigration perhaps. The thing is, this country has deteriorated more in the past 8 years than at any time I can possibly think. Both political parties are garbage and once one thinks outside the box regarding Christopher Columbus, than one will know who is really running this country.
And this election quite probably presents the last opportunity Americans will have to stop the country's decline. Obama only accelerated it, and Hillary will complete it for him. The Democrats want open borders, free college (what don't they want for free?), free speech only as long as you agree with them... and too many Republicans are playing footsie with the enemy as far I'm concerned.

If you don't like Trump, fine. But if you actually care about the country you'll hold your nose and vote for him.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
To turn this touchy subject in a slightly different direction, I have a question. Who, among the most significant political personalities on the world stage today, is your favorite?
Mine happens to be Nigel Farage. :)

And more recently:

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
To turn this touchy subject in a slightly different direction, I have a question. Who, among the most significant political personalities on the world stage today, is your favorite?
Mine happens to be Nigel Farage. :)

And more recently:

Mine is Nigel Farage too!!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this election quite probably presents the last opportunity Americans will have to stop the country's decline. Obama only accelerated it, and Hillary will complete it for him. The Democrats want open borders, free college (what don't they want for free?), free speech only as long as you agree with them... and too many Republicans are playing footsie with the enemy as far I'm concerned.

If you don't like Trump, fine. But if you actually care about the country you'll hold your nose and vote for him.
The point is obviously missed if you think a politician by themselves would make America better. Do I care about Democrats? Republicans? Nope. One word, the illumination. They control this world. Read the book Morals and Dogma and you will understand. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.