• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anti Bot Measures/Update from Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Trudymac

*TTL*

I see a lot of people are still under the impression that you can earn 3000 a week.

Not so, unless you figure out how to replenish that 3000 a week in your pool.

Most likely, most people will burn throughout that first 3000 and then drop down to the 500 per week that EA is going to put back in out pools.

So for a lot of people, you will only be able to earn that 500, plus any extra points added to your pool through whatever actions raise that number - actions which are mostly unknown to us because they won't tell us - Ummm like the botters won't figure it out. I think it's almost hilarious to keep the honest players in the dark on this in some bizarre hope/fantasy that the botters won't figure it out.

The botters are on TC3 RIGHT NOW, figuring it out. Mark my words, regardless of whether or not EA thinks they are being clever by not telling the rest of us, the botters will be the first to know.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

ive been to work again....well thats a joke.i have a grand $250 dollars to my name because i spent it in game and all i earned for a $252 shift was $6. Im not going to be able to open my house cos i havent the money to feed ppl...........
so what do i do devs pray tell.jams im earning $0 havent tried pizza to scared to

[/ QUOTE ]

Any ATM's open? Because, I really think that is the point of the cap (and the answer to your "no money" problem. )

A realist is one who can tell when the glass is, indeed, half empty.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

I see a lot of people are still under the impression that you can earn 3000 a week.

Not so, unless you figure out how to replenish that 3000 a week in your pool.

Most likely, most people will burn throughout that first 3000 and then drop down to the 500 per week that EA is going to put back in out pools.

So for a lot of people, you will only be able to earn that 500, plus any extra points added to your pool through whatever actions raise that number - actions which are mostly unknown to us because they won't tell us - Ummm like the botters won't figure it out. I think it's almost hilarious to keep the honest players in the dark on this in some bizarre hope/fantasy that the botters won't figure it out.

The botters are on TC3 RIGHT NOW, figuring it out. Mark my words, regardless of whether or not EA thinks they are being clever by not telling the rest of us, the botters will be the first to know.

[/ QUOTE ]Great post. You are dead on with the numbers. Blow through your 3k and that's it. A post earlier stated you will not earn any money until you put money back into the pool. Example: You get your initial 3k. Don't spend anything and then go to your job... you won't earn any money at your job until you put something into your pool.

EA will then put 500 simoleans into your pool and you can earn either working or jamming.

How can they say "Non bot-like behavior" will add to the pool. Who the hell knows what that is. Ok so tipping is a bot like behavior then. Going to a store and buying something... bot like behavior. Hiring a maid, repairman and gardener... all bot like behavior. Give us a clue here.

I

imported_Trudymac

Thanks, and remember, this will only affect 2% of us!

Yeah I know - we ALL have that silly cap, but I swear! It won't affect most of you!

*fingers crossed behind back*

M

mysticlisa516

They dont want to give us a clue. Afraid to give a head up to botters. But like the previous post said, they are already working on figuring this out.

(insert sarcasm) Way to go devs...chase all your paying customers away!!!

G

Darn Trudy. No need for fingers behind your back. Every day in EAL is opposite day. They say they are bringing the fun back but GUESS WHAT? No fun here. Maybe Fun is playing Hide and Seek in the game. It's just taking us a long time to seek it...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Free players = ATM players. I have to say I feel like a chump for being a paying player. As a subscribing player, I have to be concerned about the cap. ATM players do not. DOH.

[/ QUOTE ]

But free players and usage of the ATM are not mutually exclusive nor inclusive. I know plenty of free players that do not touch the ATM, even if they frequent the lots they can in EA Land. Those are the ones that people call 'freeloaders' OR they trade money that they can make in TC3 to EA Land so they can tip and not freeload, a subject which I made a thread about discussing whether or not it was right or wrong in today's economy. There are also EA Land players who are giving players double their EA Land money in TC3. In other words free player saves up his weekly 100 bonus, gives a trader 500-1000 in EA Land, and gets 1000-2000 in TC3. I'm not sure how I feel about *that* particular aspect, but in the present condition of things I understand the inclination to do it.

Point being that anybody, free OR premium, can use the ATM if they wish. If you choose to cancel your subscription and spend the $10 in the ATM, then yeah you get more money, but you lose all but one of your sims in each city, and I for one find playing only one account at a time borrrrrrrring lol. So for me, the cons of cancelling my account still outweigh the good points.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Free players = ATM players. I have to say I feel like a chump for being a paying player. As a subscribing player, I have to be concerned about the cap. ATM players do not. DOH.

[/ QUOTE ]

But free players and usage of the ATM are not mutually exclusive nor inclusive. I know plenty of free players that do not touch the ATM, even if they frequent the lots they can in EA Land. Those are the ones that people call 'freeloaders' OR they trade money that they can make in TC3 to EA Land so they can tip and not freeload, a subject which I made a thread about discussing whether or not it was right or wrong in today's economy. There are also EA Land players who are giving players double their EA Land money in TC3. In other words free player saves up his weekly 100 bonus, gives a trader 500-1000 in EA Land, and gets 1000-2000 in TC3. I'm not sure how I feel about *that* particular aspect, but in the present condition of things I understand the inclination to do it.

Point being that anybody, free OR premium, can use the ATM if they wish. If you choose to cancel your subscription and spend the $10 in the ATM, then yeah you get more money, but you lose all but one of your sims in each city, and I for one find playing only one account at a time borrrrrrrring lol. So for me, the cons of cancelling my account still outweigh the good points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does it say you can only play one account if you are a free player. I have two accounts. Switch them both to free and play both of them. Unless I'm not understanding something here.

24 Jolly's

Hey anyone know the record for most posts on a single thread???

L

lawndart

I too recieved the email asking me to come back, and will re-cancel my account if they are going to limit my game experience... I enjoy building houses, and with this new cap that will be almost virtually impossible.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

At the TH yesterday Greg made it sound like social interactions would add to your pool. He used the term "non-bot behavior" and stated socializing was one of those non-bot behaviors.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is another maddening part of the equation - they refuse to tell us what activities are beneficial. So, if we get to that point in the cap where payouts start to decrease, we have to blindly hunt around for something to replenish it. And.... we can never know the results of our search.

[/ QUOTE ]

But surely at least somewhat you can see why being specific would be detrimental. They were with OWP, and look what happened, within a month a free update came out that compensated for OWP to decrease your chances of hitting it. If they listed every single non-botting behavior, the botter would just take one day a week off of botting and do all that stuff just to increase his pool, and then back to his locked house with a cranked up bot he'd go. I fully believe this is a triple purpose program..a) to decrease botters efforts and make them worthless b) to make people want to buy more simoleans and c) to discourage anti-social 'bot-like' behavior period. There's been multitudes of posts of people irate because they were accused of botting when they weren't, but they were behaving *just like* a bot, minus the AFK. If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck then chances are it is a duck.....now if you investigate and find out it was just a duck caller quacking, then fine but you'd at least investigate to see if there was a duck, probably with a gun in your hand prepared to shoot it, and there's always a chance that you'd miss your shot and hit another innocent animal (as in a person who is not a botter getting suspeneded because all the evidence pointed in that direction). If you are going to behave in a way that is counterproductive to the goals that the makers of the game have set, because it is THEIR game, we are just renters, then you gotta be prepared to deal with whatever backlash comes from that.

I

imported_debbiemins211848

i have 2 accounts (paying for both of em)and i've used the atm to buy simoleons.ea got more money out of me.
i like playing in tc3 not ealand so please dont suggest i 'go over'tried it its toooooooo boring.i understand that the devs want to change the game and they test the stuff in test centre.but please devs you really are killing it for me.i am a'come back kid' lol and i just want to play have fun talk to ppl do all the stuff in game.pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee pleassssssse listen to us this anti bot measure isnt working.day one and it not working.all you are doing is getting ppl like me who got fed up with it last time even more fed up.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

If you are going to behave in a way that is counterproductive to the goals that the makers of the game have set, because it is THEIR game, we are just renters, then you gotta be prepared to deal with whatever backlash comes from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not THEIR game, it is OUR game.

We are not renters, we are customers.

They are not the players. They are in business to offer a product to US for a profit.

If, as you suggest, WE should just put up or shut up, that does nothing to further their goals.

As the saying goes, if Mama ain't happy, ain't no one happy. And we are Mama.

I

imported_debbiemins211848

Totally agree with you Dali.

I'm now fed up. Its Sunday night and im not playing on TSO (or whatever they want to call it).Hubby trying to figure out who i am.
Question:-How many people have actually complained about the bots?
Question:-How many people have actually bought something from one of 'them'?
How about a vote Devs?
How many people actually care about the bots?
Then you can get on with what your paid for and put stuff into the game for people to enjoy.
As to what.....well i'll post that in suggestions forum like a good girl

Right thats it fed up with myself even for moaning so much today.
PS Dont do a give with one hand(increase skilling for a few hours)and take with the other(reducing payouts on everything)again,It upsets people even more.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If you are going to behave in a way that is counterproductive to the goals that the makers of the game have set, because it is THEIR game, we are just renters, then you gotta be prepared to deal with whatever backlash comes from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not THEIR game, it is OUR game.

We are not renters, we are customers.

They are not the players. They are in business to offer a product to US for a profit.

If, as you suggest, WE should just put up or shut up, that does nothing to further their goals.

As the saying goes, if Mama ain't happy, ain't no one happy. And we are Mama.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the owners of the game want to just sit in their living rooms then and play by themselves because when I "rent" a game I expect FUN and it isn't coming from this game believe me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does it say you can only play one account if you are a free player. I have two accounts. Switch them both to free and play both of them. Unless I'm not understanding something here.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, semantics. You know very well what I meant. I meant that if you drop ONE account to free from paid then you lose all the sims ON THAT ACCOUNT except for one in each city. If you drop another account from paid to free, then you potentially lose 5 sims in TC3 and 7 in EA Land on that account too. That is what I meant.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, semantics. You know very well what I meant. I meant that if you drop ONE account to free from paid then you lose all the sims ON THAT ACCOUNT except for one in each city. If you drop another account from paid to free, then you potentially lose 5 sims in TC3 and 7 in EA Land on that account too. That is what I meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I didn't know what you meant but that is besides the point

I only have one sim on each account that I have played so losing all the others really isn't that big of a deal. For those of you that have played longer you'll have to make that decision yourselve's I guess but only playing one sim on each FREE account vs. all my sims on an account I pay for. I'll take the free one. At least then I won't feel cheated.

G

One thing that I don’t think has been pointed out in here yet is if this is all about stopping botters, why have they set the cap and weekly credit so low.
If the cap was set to 10k and the weekly credit was 2k botters would still not be able to make enough each month to even pay for their accounts.
After sleeping on this I feel the basic idea isn't that bad, just the figures they have set to it really stink.
With some more work and realistic figures it could actually work ok.
If they set the figures to something like I just mentioned and add like a lay-buy facility we may actually have something that could work.
Allowing us to be only able to put 500 a week towards saving for something expensive is ridiculous and will really jeopardise the future of this game.
2k a week is a more realistic figure and is still under what botters would need to make to get any returns from what ever they try to do.
To make it so we are able to contribute that money towards expensive objects we need to be able to pay that item off. That payment would also need to contribute to our pools. A lay-buy type setup is required.
Also objects bought from stores need to be put back into the equation.
All they need to do there is mark each item in the database once purchased from the store. That item then cannot be used to gain pool points again. And maybe make it so the original purchase price from EA is the amount credited.
If this is the system they have chosen we need to find a compromise, having said that they also need to come to the party.

P

poppet

Maybe if it were 2k a day, geez i make half that in one shift at the factory

M

mysticlisa516

How about us that like to save $ for big purchases, or maybe a contest we would like to have. This whole thing blows that out of the water. Please dont tell me how and when to spend my $. It's $ that I earn and I want to do with it what I please to do with it. I can almost guarantee that this will effect more than 2% of the people playing the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry to have to say...i dont use bots whatever they are and im getting $1 on jams with 20 skill points. I have a job in factory and i only got $3 for that not the $252 that i should have.Reckon the $3000 limit is weekly. As i work at factory that cuts in real quick.Looks like i wont be playing game much any more.Maybe Dev's got percentage wrong? Will affect 98% who do play and not the 2% who dont

[/ QUOTE ]My first question would be this: In which city is this happening? Nothing of any of this system has been implemented in EA-Land yet, and won't be until they have enough real-world data about how this affects normal players in TC3 to tweak the numbers so that it doesn't affect normal players.

If you're getting these kinds of payouts in EA-Land, then it's probably a sign that the payout system is either in need of manual intervention, or it is the economy trying to defend itself from increased activity from botters trying to get ahead of this system's implementation.

My second question would be: Have you reported any of this to [email protected] ?

Finally, to address an accusation someone made against me earlier in this thread: I do not work for EA. Nor am I any part of the development team. My relationship with EA and EA-Land's dev team is no different from any of yours; I am nothing more than a paying subscriber just like most everyone else here.

G

Most likely in TC3. There are others with the same payouts that have posted here.

Clearly she is exibiting bot-like behavior. Or shall we call it non approved-avator behavior.

I

imported_Trudymac

*ttl*

I was over on TC3 last night and today quite a bit, and I asked around as to whether or not people were hitting the cap yet.

"Yes" said several.

They were not bots. Some of them I have known a few weeks now and are popular regulars. It's pretty clear to me that this is going to affect more than 2% of us. So, if EA leaves it this way, I think we will have our answer as to who this change was REALLY for. Time will tell.

G

I have not read this whole thread by any stretch, just the first few...I knew how well this was gonna go over...3k/week is NOT anti-bot..it's anti something alright, but not anti-bot...what else I would say I'm sure has been said many times over

G

I've been testing in TC3 today and have already hit the 3k limit. Last couple of shifts at the factory, instead of the 304 for 19 bots that I should have received, I got paid 15 simoleans. Out of the 5 of us on the shift, not one got full pay as everyone had reached their limits.

Polly

G

Did you dance with a bear?

Run 3 circles around a fountain?

View an aquarium?

Make some CC?

Blow a kiss at a winged avatar?

Give a backrub to an avatar wearing a cowboy hat?

You need to do some EA approved gaming in order to collect their money.

Sadly though, you already have experienced what was supposed to only affect the 2% of botters. And you have only played for one day. Would be nice if the developers knew how their own game works.

Now just convence Katheryne that you are not lieing....

I

imported_Rare-Buyer

You all must've been part of the exclusive 2% exhibiting bot-like behavior.

I

imported_Rare-Buyer

The sad thing is, I fear these once fun activities will be reduced to just cap-increasing attempts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've been testing in TC3 today and have already hit the 3k limit. Last couple of shifts at the factory, instead of the 304 for 19 bots that I should have received, I got paid 15 simoleans. Out of the 5 of us on the shift, not one got full pay as everyone had reached their limits.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the kind of stuff Greg wanted feedback on. He *did* say that the cap could be adjusted if overwhelming evidence suggested it should be. I'd also be interested to know what you had to spend your earned money on before you could go back to the robot factor and get regular pay again.

G

Why didnt Greg know that a person can make 3k a day in the factory? I thought they monitored the payouts....

The sad part about this whole thing is the developers dont have a clue about the game and they are changing gameplay at random.

At &gt;3k for a few shifts, the cap would need to be set at more than 21k a week. Dont they understand that once you are at the factory you cant leave and make some CC. And that for for people who play 2 hours a day. What about the ones who play longer?

It is common for factory workers to interact between shifts to increase each others motives. Clearly that didnt help to get credits.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

Pffft. Noone has any money to spend. You have to save up to buy a friggin' dog bowl in EA Land, not sure how it is in TC. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... This is a horrible idea.

G

Did you dance with a bear? <font color="blue">Actually yes ! Several times </font>

Run 3 circles around a fountain? <font color="blue">I did run around the lot watering flowers but no fountain ! </font>

View an aquarium? <font color="blue">People still have those? </font>

Make some CC? <font color="blue"> I only wish I could
</font>

Blow a kiss at a winged avatar? <font color="blue"> Have you been stalking me today? Yes I did this many times ! I think she was wearing bunny slippers too </font>

Give a backrub to an avatar wearing a cowboy hat? <font color="blue"> Damn he was supposed to wear a hat? Now you tell me. </font>

And to answer another question, Greg is very well aware what you can make at the factory as he works there quite often.

I'm now making 1 simolean at boards (yes there are others making boards, and I have 13 in logic).

I'm off to bed for now, I'll test some more tomorrow evening and see if there is anything I can find that will help put my payouts back up.

Oh and yes I'm feeding back the info to the devs.

Polly

G

I think there should be a new thread started with people showing their test results.

Post results there. Complain, imaginate, cheerlead, whatever in this thread.

Just have results and no comments in another thread.

thanks for sharing Polly!

hmm if we are sharing Polly, Ill have a chunk!

G

I just heard where the problem is, when they were doing their calculations someone missed adding a zero.
The figures should be a 30,000 cap, and the weekly EA contribution should be 5,000.
Sorry guys we'll rectify this problem 3 months from next tuesday, but don't hold me to that it's just a guesstimate.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sadly though, you already have experienced what was supposed to only affect the 2% of botters. And you have only played for one day. Would be nice if the developers knew how their own game works.

Now just convence Katheryne that you are not lieing....

[/ QUOTE ]Snide remarks are not going to get you anywhere, hon. I never once said that the system, as it is right at this moment, is perfect. In fact, I recall advising everyone to go into TC3 and try to break it! The more people who do that, the better the outcome will be, and the better the chances that the system will be tweaked to work as advertised.

If they did not want us to test this out, don't you think EA would have just quietly inserted this into both TC3 and EAL without telling anyone? They could have so easily done that, and we would have been none the wiser, simply complaining about the low payouts as we have been doing for the past couple of months!

G

<blockquote><hr>

It is common for factory workers to interact between shifts to increase each others motives. Clearly that didnt help to get credits.

[/ QUOTE ]Clearly. And I hope this gets reported to the devs so they can tweak it.

This suggests that there's nothing wrong with the 3k cap, which was the original premise of this plan. Rather, there is everything wrong with the value given to "non-bot behavior" to replenish the pool. Clearly, this needs more work.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Clearly. And I hope this gets reported to the devs so they can tweak it.

This suggests that there's nothing wrong with the 3k cap, which was the original premise of this plan. Rather, there is everything wrong with the value given to "non-bot behavior" to replenish the pool. Clearly, this needs more work.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot more work, heaps, mountains and on a lot more than just non bot behavior.
With this system there is so much taken from the game.
Buying and selling of rares, buying and selling of upper value lots for just a couple of examples.
Anything that involves lets say in the 10s of thousands is now virtually out of reach of the average game player, who wants to get these items from normal game play.
They have now become an ATM players game.

W

Wizuss

Worked at the restaurant earlier with my roomie. I got the full payout and she got 15 simoleans. She spends more time at the game than I do, has gone top skill with cooking and charisma, visits skill and money houses and stores all over TC3, and spends A LOT . . .but apparently not enough. Am I next? It is disheartening for both of us. For her because she feels the joy is being taken away - lowered payouts, jobs not working for aeons (thanks for bringing them back by the way (but at what cost to us?)!), and now she can work her simbutt off in TC3 and not get paid for her hard labour (much like RL). For me because it bothers the heck out of me that she's not having fun with all these new developments.
The Sims series are very dear to both of us. We met while making objects for the same website. She came to my country to visit me. We are sisters of the heart. None of which makes any difference to anyone but us of course . . . but still . . . you feel as you do, and not as you "should.". I want to come back to the game totally, as a subscriber, like before, and I keep telling myself "It's TC3! It's test! TEST! Stay calm!!!" That's getting more and more difficult.

I

imported_CherryBomb

I think it was a bit disingenuous to call this an "ant-bot" measure. It is clearly meant to make absolutely sure that nobody can manufacture enough amount of money to play the game at EA's expense when cash-out is implemented. I've been saying for a while now that payouts will have to come down to essentially zero, and I'm just watching that happen now.

CherryBomb

S

Shyanne1

TTL

How is anyone going to advance in their jobs if they have to go work and make $0 just to keep their level. Some explain how that is going to work.

G

I consulted in the computer industry for some time.
I found a lot of the testing was actually done involuntary by universities.
Both new hardware and software would be released into the market where the universities are normally the 1st to pick them up.
I found they were the ones having to sort out most of the problems with new releases from even the major companies.
I believe with recent history in this game that EA is doing much the same.
They implement something without any real testing and let us find the bugs and problems associated with their ideas.
I can remember a debate I had with Lee over botting and what having the buyback would mean. I said to him then, which was well before they opened EAL, that payouts would have to be so low that the game would not work.
Cherrybomb and myself copped a lot of flack in here when the payouts 1st started going down. When Luc said that their new anti botting program should be released within a week and if so, payouts would rise again. We said that they will not rise again and will continue to go down. We were jumped on by most in here and told that the devs would not lie to us, accused of trying to stir trouble and complaining about nothing.
Well look where we are now, pretty well at where we said it would have to go for them to be able to implement the buybacks.
This is not about stopping botters.
This is all about releasing the buybacks.
What will happen from here is they will adjust it in TC3 to make everyone a little happier. They will then put it in EAL where it will be within a short time adjusted back to much what it is now. They will run it for 2 to 3 months until they see for themselves that it doesn’t work. Then they will come up with some other hair brained method to try to do the same.
They will stick to what they want to do, because they believe they know better than us.
Well their both recent and past performance proves they don’t.

L

leadheads

i think ya must have got that the wrong way around.......98% will be peeved and 2% wont even notice.

I goto work on average 3 times a day earning around $1000 - $1200 time i go

does that mean i go for one day then sit in the corner for promotion reasons each time as $15 aint worth doin it for....lol

I went and bought a pool table and skill objects but the next time i went to work i was still getting $15 a round.....what the????

P

poppet

My plan is to make as much money as possible before this happens, then switch to free and play til the money runs out or the games collapses

G

<blockquote><hr>

I went and bought a pool table and skill objects but the next time i went to work i was still getting $15 a round.....what the????

[/ QUOTE ]

Buying things from other players won't do anything for the pool I think.
The money is still in circulation then.
It must go "down the drain" for it to count.

For stores, I suppose we will stop selling / trying to sell catalog items.
If we upload cc, we get credit and can earn that money back.
If we stock/buy from catalog, that money will be lost forever.
Or?

I

imported_Rare-Buyer

TTL

First they take away our catalog to make us buy from stores, now buying from stores is no longer encouraged? What gives?

G

It does sound like a death blow to stores.
People will be even more careful with their money and only spend it on things that will increase their pool.

I dunno, I might be wrong about your pool not increasing if you buy something from a player. But it sure seems like that is the case.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It does sound like a death blow to stores.
People will be even more careful with their money and only spend it on things that will increase their pool.

I dunno, I might be wrong about your pool not increasing if you buy something from a player. But it sure seems like that is the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Originally they didn't include stores in their post as objects that would not add to your pool. I am not sure if they did or did not then actually add to it or not. Afterwards they did add that to their post.
It is included so as people cannot get around the pool by buying and selling items to and from stores.
Unfortunately that doesn't leave a hell of a lot that we can do to add to our pools.
This is just another example of how our devs are not thinking things through.
I really do think it would be a good idea for one of these devs to actually get in and play this game, and I mean play the game and not just visit it.
That way they may get some idea of what really goes on in there and may start making some decent decisions.

Edited to add:
A while back the devs reduced the payouts on job tracks like the bot factory, using the excuse it was to fight botters.
They soon put those payouts back up as the has never been botting in any of the job tracks, so their excuse was proven to be false.
Again we have the job tracks effected in what is claimed to be a fight against the botters.
If this is truly a fight against botting, why do job tracks count towards reductions in our pools, and why are job track payouts effected by the pool.

G

just hitting reply:::
OK I thought that the BIG reason for high priced land &lt; which we will never be able to afford with their recent changes &gt; was to make a realstate market in game. How can they expect us to buy land with these limitations? Honestly none of their plan is makinga darn bit of sense! I heard this morning in EA that a few well more than just a few are going to go to free players and with their 9.99 subscription fee buy from the ATM. Well i got to thinking about this and yano it aint a half bad idea. The ATM $ wont effect this new pooling system so wth not right? And don't give me but you'll lose all but 1 sim (yes i sad sim)yada yada garbage. Most of people only use their extras for store storage or object limits on lots anyhow. I could live with one sim per account for free and spend my $20 on ATM. If i wanted more sims for lots,object limits or storage make another free account. So how will this implementation help EA in any way at all? Everyone runs to free play and then they buy ATM $ hmmmmmm either way EA gets their $ and we lose our fun

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

My plan is to make as much money as possible before this happens, then switch to free and play til the money runs out or the games collapses

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!

A

ayla02

no, thanks the botters for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank the Botters?
How long have the botters been around?
Forever!

How many times have we heard "We know who the botters are!"
Too many to count!

How hard can it be to get rid of the botters?
Easy...Ban their behinds!

Botters are being allowed to stay and used as an excuse for whatever is needed at any given time. (My Opnion)

Any way we add up the numbers, the cap being put on us it is screwed. I am a founder and they merged all my properties here. My main three properties are all but maxed for items on them. (And for the most part I am the only one living on my properties) I can't buy crap from stores to put on them so I am pretty limited as to being able to spend money. About all I really want anymore in this game is a robo cat. Last price I was given for one is 110K. I have been trying to save for it and now they may make that even harder to do since I want to save = not spending.

I hate the idea of ATMs and will never use one for any reason. ATMs on properties even has me avoiding these properties. Good thing I hate shopping huh? If I really need something I MAY be at a store that has one but I am cringing every moment I am there.

I really hope the testing of this is all a bust.

If I am wrong and I will be able to save 110K for the only thing left in this game that I want before everyone goes back to wanting real money for them so be it. I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again.

My 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.