• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anti Bot Measures/Update from Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

As posted on the blog:

Anti-Bot Measures
Posted in Economy by Sarah on the April 4th, 2008
We’re starting to test a feature on TC3 that aims to help us to crack down on bot AND bot-like behavior, while not affecting the vast vast majority of players in any way.

Here’s how it works:

Summary

Each account can only earn a ‘reasonable’ sum of money from us (and you can earn as much as you want from other players).

What’s ‘reasonable’?

Well, we consider that 98% of the populations of EA-Land and TC3 have been earning a very reasonable amount but that some of the remaining 2% are suspicious. Others in that 2% are simply draining money through Pizza, and the like, and not engaging in other aspects of the game.

We will give users an initial credit for what they can earn, then we’ll give them an additional credit each week and the users themselves can accumulate credit by contributing to the game through activities such as buying objects, uploading custom content, buying a lot, etc. Activities such as using money objects and getting kickbacks from others using your money objects will reduce your credit. If the credit ever gets very low (and for most people it should never) you will get increasingly reduced payouts until you accumulate more credit, through your own activity or through that weekly boost.

Again, we’ve been keeping track and had we turned this on when we first opened EA-Land, it would not have affected 98% of players in any way at all and we’ll work to keep it that way.

Details From Your Perspective:

Your account (set of characters) has a “Payout Pool” associated with it.
Your Payout Pool is given an initial credit of 3,000
This is how much money your characters can earn until you or we contribute back to that pool.
We will give every account some amount of credit per week into their Payout Pool. It’s 500 for now but we’ll be keeping an eye on what it should be so that people essentially do not need to be concerned about their Payout Pool at all. You will not be able to access your Payout Pool balance and we may turn on/off this feature (during events, etc.).
You credit your Payout Pool through activities such as buying objects, uploading custom content, buying a lot, etc.
You debit your Payout Pool through activities such as jobs, using money objects, and getting kickbacks from others using your money objects.
Player to player activities such as using tip jars, secure trade, the interaction “Give Money”, door charges, etc., do not contribute to, or deduct from, your Payout Pool.
If your Payout Pool ever gets very low your payouts will decrease slowly until its balance is increased again through either your activities or the credits mentioned above.
Overall this feature is intended to safeguard us, and you, from the effect of bot-like activity in the game, and it will act as a safety net, allowing us to experiment more (with our dynamic market and payouts, for example).

<font color="red">UPDATE </font>
Weekend Feedback
Posted in Economy by Sarah on the April 8th, 2008
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for mounds of feedback you gave about the feature we’ve been testing on TC3 over the weekend. There was a lot to read through… In your feedback you’ve asked some excellent questions and improved our thinking on how to approach the problem of bot-like behavior. In particular, you’ve given us invaluable information about how this should be tuned. Tests over the weekend showed that what we were trying worked - we’ll relax the tuning with tomorrow’s push.
We’re not going to push anything like this to EA-Land anytime soon until it is properly tuned.

In the mean time we will try to not affect you (monetarily, emotionally, and otherwise!).

I

imported_TrebleMaker8

Yeah! I was reading this. It's rather confusing!

So...what exactly is the timeframe for one of these pools? Probably not daily. But a 3000 cap in a week sounds awfully low :-\

G

I hope it's not so cause I make 2500 a day at robots, and what if we sell a rare for more? Do we not keep the extra money? And what about my lot, do I have to sit around because I made to much working? What about stores that have over stock they are trying to get rid of?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hope it's not so cause I make 2500 a day at robots, and what if we sell a rare for more? Do we not keep the extra money? And what about my lot, do I have to sit around because I made to much working? What about stores that have over stock they are trying to get rid of?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only money that counts against your credit is money earned from jobs or money objects, basically any money taken froM EA. Any transaction between players (tips, buy/sell, etc) will not count.

M

mysticlisa516

I can easily do $3,000 a day at factory work itself. This is too confusing.

G

A little confused by this post so I am going to wait on more information.

So you can only earn 3k from money objects per day?
and for every dollar you make, you have to spend a dollar in order to get back to the normal pay out amounts...?

So what if you tip someone 1k of your 3k... you are then left with 2k of your 3k. You spend that 2k on building and now have $0 funds. Are you still 1k from your 3k limit? Are you still under normal payouts because that 1k went to a sim-to-sim transaction? Did I confuse you? haha try to follow!

I

imported_Mavric

I've read over it a couple of times now, I dont understand it.
I guess I'll wait until tomarrow and read it again.

Mavric

G

He says that 98% of us will never even notice any of this is going on. I trust him on this, and will continue playing as I always have been.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I'm with you Katherine. I doubt very seriously I would fall into that 2% suspicious people area. Probably won't affect my game play at all. Hell, who knows it might even improve it!

G

<blockquote><hr>

He says that 98% of us will never even notice any of this is going on. I trust him on this, and will continue playing as I always have been.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll notify CNN.

M

MysticNyte

This game is still very...VERY repaticious....we still only have the same 4 jobs...we still only have the same skills to skill...

As a founder all I see u've added is ..Teacher...which will teach the same skills we've had for years...so people can go work the same jobs we've worked for years....

Ok you added custom content...so we can skill the same skills we've skilled for years...to go to work at the same 4 jobs we've had for years...

Wonder if your noticing a pattern here....OH I FORGOT THE MONEY OBJECTS...

Ok we have the same money objects that we've had for years..that take the same skills we've had to skill on for years.....

And now u tell us if we do to much of one thing or another we will be penalized for it ....

Cause that is what u are telling us....

G

I understand that they are trying to crack down on bots, great. But it does not make any sense why the devs would give the botters a heads up on what they expect a bot will do. Cuz all they would have to change would probably a couple of lines in the bots program and wallah! "'I won't act like a bot anymore".

I say if you want to fight the bots don't give them a heads up on what you think bot behavior is!!!

G

I think this is very interesting I just think 3k a WEEK is WAYYY TOO low. This is something that affects my gameplay and is not just a word that I can change to whatever I want.

I seriously think 20K a week is reasonable...

I

imported_Rare-Buyer

I'll bet there's no "credit" limit from the ATMs

I made about 7k today working a few workdays at the restaurant. I then blew most of it on some simple house construction. If this "3000 credits" is equivalent to 3000 simoleons, I can't imagine how long it will take for even an obsessive player to achieve any goals in a realistic time.

Edited to add:
I don't think this is a bot precaution as much as it is a further control on the amount of money we can make in game, in preparation for the future "cash-out" feature.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'll bet there's no "credit" limit from the ATMs

[/ QUOTE ]
No because botters cannot bot the ATM as it would most likely not be profitable anyway... Unless they hack the ATM in which case thats like stealing rl money...

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is how much money your characters can earn until you or we contribute back to that pool.
We will give every account some amount of credit per week into their Payout Pool. It’s 500 for now but we’ll be keeping an eye on what it should be so that people essentially do not need to be concerned about their Payout Pool at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
This means we will have an overall payout pool "cap" totalling 3000 credits - FOR THE WHOLE ACCOUNT.
We will receive 500 credits *per week* (for now).
If we exceed the cap through jobs, using money objects, and/or getting kickbacks from others using our money objects, we will not gain anymore from them until and unless we engage in one of their approved activities.

Who says they haven't added any fun?

I

imported_Mavric

<blockquote><hr>

We will give every account some amount of credit per week into their Payout Pool. It’s 500 for now but we’ll be keeping an eye on what it should be so that people essentially do not need to be concerned about their Payout Pool at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This means we will have an overall payout pool "cap" totalling 3000 credits - FOR THE WHOLE ACCOUNT.
We will receive 500 credits *per week* (for now).
If we exceed the cap through jobs, using money objects, and/or getting kickbacks from others using our money objects, we will not gain anymore from them until and unless we engage in one of their approved activities.

Who says they haven't added any fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yepper, so much much new fun that I can hardly control myself, just fighting back breaking out into an Irish Jig.

Mavric

I

imported_aldldl

I made 1,944?eabucks? in factory i dont plan to spend any till i make 12,000 so i can buy a lot... so that means that i get nailed for saving? or did i miss something. (I'm not trying to be rude just understand it a little better) I just for the first time started the factory and do very well at it with a team of ppl, make good money and want to buy a lot I hope this is ok, if its not ill just do it over 4 weeks.

Alo

G

Tell me if I understood correctly please, so this means that since my character reached the limit of 3k already and I have two skills maxed ( no point to skill more with only 21 locks ) there isn't any point for me to play the rest of the week? I did spent my hard earned money on a lot, building and objects. I have add CC to the game. Not that the last part is real fun. Being a free player ( through the years I have spend a lot of money on Sims, both in on and offline games ) our lot will not show on the map. So all we can do is to sit there, cross fingers, and hope a lost sim will land. We just started our Garden shop and have great indoor / out door plants, but we aren't able to reorder them when, by accident, a lost sim not only land but also buy something from us. Yeah we have great fun...not. I loved the waiters job, well as we all know it wasn't up for a
very long time and now it's back, I only can go to work to get a promotion due to a credit limit?? If I understood all correctly there will be one person very happy and that will be my hubby. At least with these crazy rules I will not spend every free minute I have at Sims. At the other hand, if this will make that more people will become, or are willing to become, a pay member ( again ) is something I see as very doubtfully. There for I truly hope that this credit limit will be re considered.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I made 1,944?eabucks? in factory i dont plan to spend any till i make 12,000 so i can buy a lot... so that means that i get nailed for saving? or did i miss something. (I'm not trying to be rude just understand it a little better) I just for the first time started the factory and do very well at it with a team of ppl, make good money and want to buy a lot I hope this is ok, if its not ill just do it over 4 weeks.

Alo

[/ QUOTE ]
No problem - hop on over to the local ATM and lay down 10 bucks (real ones - not the EA kind), add the 2k simoleons you have now, and you have your 12,000. The best part is - the ATM money won't count against you like the money you worked for.
Ain't life grand?

I

imported_aldldl

<blockquote><hr>

No problem - hop on over to the local ATM and lay down 10 bucks (real ones - not the EA kind), add the 2k simoleons you have now, and you have your 12,000. The best part is - the ATM money won't count against you like the money you worked for.
Ain't life grand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I cant afford that right now, I have done that for another acount and pay for two accounts now, I don't see myself having the extra RL cash to do that atm. (ya know cash for university classes, food and gas take priority
) so Yes problem :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ain't life grand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I cant afford that right now, I have done that for another acount and pay for two accounts now, I don't see myself having the extra RL cash to do that atm. (ya know cash for university classes, food and gas take priority
) so Yes problem :p

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, that was 'tongue-in-cheek' - sarcasm directed at EA.
I'm a little pissed at this development.

G

This policy is fatally flawed. Do the math. A new user wants to build a lot. Even a minimal one will cost §10,000. After earning the first §3,000, the remaining §7,000 would have to be done with penalty payouts. It's unavoidable, since you can't buy 30% of a lot before going back to earning money.

In my case, I bought a size 8, since I knew that building incrementally would cost me in wasted construction costs every time I grew the lot. I spent over 3 weeks with two accounts to afford it. I spent many hours a day, and every § was earned with the click of my finger.

In another few weeks, I may have enough for phase 1 of my lot. With the current lot and construction prices, I could have just cashed-in US$150 and started construction, but that wasn't going to happen.

Is this a late April Fools Day prank?

G

The subject should be "Allegedly anti-bot measures".

If your goal is to eliminate bots, you should design money-making activities to defeat bots. There are many possible approaches.

If your goal is to limit the cash flow out of the game, you should do that. There are many possible approaches.

If your goal is to make it take longer for human players to acquire in-game resources by simply playing the game, you should do that. Note that this can be independent of the other two.

G

Hmmmmmmmm OK

Is this for EACH Avatar, or over the whole account?

I'm confused ........ so if you already have your house built &amp; furnished and you have skilled up to your locks - you can't spend the rest of the week making money cos if you earn over $3k you're gonna lose money (though what - overwork penalty?) or just take it off what you can earn the next week??

You don't get another lock for 3 weeks - so you only play for 1 week of 3??

If it is for EACH Av then ok - just log onto another one and do all your stuff on that one - BUT if this for for the whole account then I'm totally not getting this.

OK I have just re-read the blog post and see this the $3k is PER ACCOUNT.

Oh well I guess I'll see how it goes till my 90 day time cards have expired then I may close 2 accounts or change them to free *sigh*

G

Anyone notice that tipping using money earnt from jobs etc will not contribute to your payout pool. Lets hope money and skill lots open shops so tips can be done through buying useless stuff. I guess phones all placed on sale at varying values depending on how much you wanted to tip.

G

Sorry but this stinks.
Is this really what we have been waiting so long to find out.
You will give us the capability to make a couple of thousand what evers before our payouts get what I would guess to be fairly heavily reduced.
Then each week you will allow us to make another 500 what evers.
You have got to be kidding me.
Do you really think that most people won't be effected, I think most people will be effected.
We start off with a 3000 pool to which when we earn how ever many what evers from money objects and jobs that lowers the pool directly by that amount.
The lower it gets the less we can earn and then each week you add a measly 500 what evers to that pool.
What that means is if we don't spend our what evers as we earn them we can only save 500 a week.
How in hell are we expected to be able to save for anything?
Sorry guys but if you go ahead with this you will kill this game.
Very few will spend as much real money at the ATMs as you seem to be anticipating.
Once you activate this you will have a mass exodus from the game.

G

TTL

Here we have a perfect example of how the suits work. They are totally blinkered and only see the bottom line, how much profit they can make.
The problem is that is all they see.
The response to any complaints would also probably be, there are plenty more where you came from.
I think we will see more free players bolstered by players switching from a paid account and cancelling other paid accounts, leading to possibly the demise of this game.
Then they can do with it what they really wanted to. Make it into a chatroom/portal for their other games.

Please remember this is just my opinion.

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

As posted on the blog:

We will give every account some amount of credit per week into their Payout Pool. It’s 500 for now but we’ll be keeping an eye on what it should be so that people essentially do not need to be concerned about their Payout Pool at all. You will not be able to access your Payout Pool balance and we may turn on/off this feature (during events, etc.).
You credit your Payout Pool through activities such as buying objects, uploading custom content, buying a lot, etc.
You debit your Payout Pool through activities such as jobs, using money objects, and getting kickbacks from others using your money objects.
Player to player activities such as using tip jars, secure trade, the interaction “Give Money”, door charges, etc., do not contribute to, or deduct from, your Payout Pool.
If your Payout Pool ever gets very low your payouts will decrease slowly until its balance is increased again through either your activities or the credits mentioned above.
Overall this feature is intended to safeguard us, and you, from the effect of bot-like activity in the game, and it will act as a safety net, allowing us to experiment more (with our dynamic market and payouts, for example).

[/ QUOTE ]

So each account ( and note, not each sim on that account, but for a 3000 credit for the WHOLE account) starts with an initial credit of 3000 and gets an additional 500 PER WEEK. That means that unless you buy something, once your initial credit of 3000 has been used up you can only earn 500 PER WEEK

Please tell me im wrong........please

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like it's for the whole account.

EA needs to hire some marketing people I think... To break news like this to the public. They managed to blurt this out in a way that scared us all and sounded really negative.
I'm trying to remain calm though.

I suppose this means that I have to start uploading CC with the other account in the household too? But I would like to have my own name (my sim's name) on all the CC I upload. It's sort of a trade mark thing.
I'll also have to make sure everything I build in the house, is on the account that I want the credit on...

I really hope they are right and this won't disrupt the normal playing.

If it does blow up in our faces, it has great damage potential...

I'm already seeing what I think is a huge decrease in the number of people playing the game.
A week or so ago, I had customers in the store constantly - they bought nothing ofc but the at least popped in, refused to answer hello's and popped out
- but now I can sit there for 2 hours and not see a living soul.
That's a bit scary.

I wonder how the subscriber base has changed during this time.

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like it's for the whole account.

I wonder how the subscriber base has changed during this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how mine will be changing, If I have read this right, I can only earn 500 per week once the intial credit has been used up. So I can earn 500, EA will give me 500. Thats 1000 a week I can make or 4000 per month for my $10 subscription.

If I cancel my subscription and use the $10 a month to buy simoleans, then Im 6k a month better off NOT being a subscriber - and I get the choice of whether to pay or not

T

Tristan Lewis

Now for the question I have.LOL Between my wife our son and myself we have 11 accounts. We spent the better part of a week doing paintings with all 11 accts. We clicked every sale and clicked every paint No Bots what so ever. At the end we pooled the money to buy a lot this lot is in the old Calvins Creek Area. That is where we first met over 2 years ago.This lot cost us 147k+. With the way I read this if this was to be done now, because you cant buy a lot with multipul Avatars the acct that bought the lot will now have a credit of 150k the others will have a credit of -15k. Just a thought. Happy Simmin.

G

I am confused and worried, too.

I know the post says it won't affect most players ... but I'm a player who sometimes plays as a hoarder - i.e., I skill to the max, then switch to making money for eons, and then I move on to another long phase of game play that's building and furnishing.

I hope the pool concept was fleshed out in a way that takes into consideration a normal player who does not play in a well-rounded day to day way.

24 Jolly's

I think the dev's need to change the year on their computers it is not 1984!!!!

G

I think tonight I will head over to TC3 to test this out. I will make my 3k and then spend it right away buying useless items. Then, I will go make some money. It would be interesting to see if the credits happen automatically or if it will be like a bank. They take the money out right away, but credits can take a few days. I would have to believe if they are going to do this, then they would have to manually lower the prices of EVERYTHING. Having this "cap" in place would make it impossible for anyone to progress in the game. I must say, I am not a fan of this new "policy".

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

I'm not sure I get it. 3k seems a bit low as well. I will head to TC and test it out too.

G

i am really confused on all of this
are we now going to be limited to how much money we can make on all our sims in a day/week?
and when we reach that amount we cant make more unless we spend it on stuff we dont need or want?
it makes it really hard for me(and ppl like me) i like to make/earn a good amount of money befor i buy stuff or do repairs on my house i like to do them all at once not a little here and there and if we have to spend as much as we would make for that limit wouldnt it make us broke unless you buy your game money wich i dont have the funds rl to do that at all
this is going to make the game not so fun anymore
and if we cant hang onto the money we earn form doing the jobs and stuff whats the point to even make it or play other than to jsut stand around and chat

G

I just read the threat on payouts in TC3 and it seems the new "policy" is in full swing over there. What are the dev's thinking? 3k a weeK? Heck, even 3k a day? How can they expect people to stick around with something like this in place? The only way I see this as possible is if it's 3k per SIM day.

And what is this about tips not counting towards the cap? I tip every house either when I arrive or before I leave to go to sim work. I always try to tip very well to help make up for those who can't tip. So now that 1-2k I am giving to the house won't go towards my cap? So my understanding is I will be able to make 1-1.5k my first week only (already taking my tips out) and then 500 per week after that. That isn't even 1 shift at the bot factory! There has to be more to this than we are being told. Please God there has to be more to this.

Note to Dev Team: If you read this, you may want to comment on this quickly. This is the type of stuff that can get out of control very fast.

G

does this mean that the only way we can have money or get ahead now is to actually buy game money?

G

I don't want to say yes, but it appears to be heading in that direction. I hope they realize what's going to happen if this is true, they will lose every long term player in the game. I know I won't stay around if they are cutting back like this. How can prices stay where they are (and nothing is showing it's coming down) yet cap what we can make? I'll take the lesser of 2 evil's... bring back the bots and put the payouts to where they were. At least we could compete with the market and be ablet o enjoy this game a bit without worrying about money every 5 seconds.

Or as someone else said... cancel your subscription (which gives you 2k per month) and buy 10 buks worth of simoleans. you will be up by 4k per month that way.

T

Terra Pin

I'm quoting Aster here because this is exactly how I'm feeling too! I would have posted these questions over on the blog but they won't fix my account there.. my password I was sent is borked.

Anyway yes, I've just hit the 3k mark on my sim and I'm starting the saving up process. The way I'm reading this, is my entire account, all 8 sims (if I had 8) would only be able to make 3k total per... week? Now I could make another 3k if I ran out and spent all my money on stuff... yes? On the other hand who buys major items when they don't have a lot. And how am I supposed to save up the money to buy and expand a lot in the first place?

The only way I make money is off the money objects, like boards and jam tables. I don't care if jobs are more efficient, I don't LIKE them. I like money objects. I don't like pizza/code/etc... I like my boards!

So, again, this is how I'm reading this. I'm about to be penalized by having reduced payouts from my max $52/item once I hit my 3k cap. Until I HAVE a lot, I have no way to reduce my pool because I do not create CC and I won't be buying stuff. There is no way in hell I'll be buying money from the ATM's.

Bottom line is, if the above is correct and that's how you intend to solve your botting issues, you're going to lose me (a newly returned old simmer) and a whole lot of other upset folks.

Madra/Mairi Dobalina

<blockquote><hr>

I am confused and worried, too.

I know the post says it won't affect most players ... but I'm a player who sometimes plays as a hoarder - i.e., I skill to the max, then switch to making money for eons, and then I move on to another long phase of game play that's building and furnishing.

I hope the pool concept was fleshed out in a way that takes into consideration a normal player who does not play in a well-rounded day to day way.

[/ QUOTE ]

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

I just read the threat on payouts in TC3 and it seems the new "policy" is in full swing over there. What are the dev's thinking? 3k a weeK? Heck, even 3k a day? How can they expect people to stick around with something like this in place? The only way I see this as possible is if it's 3k per SIM day.

And what is this about tips not counting towards the cap? I tip every house either when I arrive or before I leave to go to sim work. I always try to tip very well to help make up for those who can't tip. So now that 1-2k I am giving to the house won't go towards my cap? So my understanding is I will be able to make 1-1.5k my first week only (already taking my tips out) and then 500 per week after that. That isn't even 1 shift at the bot factory! There has to be more to this than we are being told. Please God there has to be more to this.

Note to Dev Team: If you read this, you may want to comment on this quickly. This is the type of stuff that can get out of control very fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read it carefully, you get an INITIAL credit of 3k then 500 per week. Once yuorintial credit is used up you can only earn 500 per week

This is punishing 98% of the players because of the apparent (and unproved) actions of 2%. You simpy CANNOT punish all your players in this way.

There IS a better way to deal with bots, I know it, the devs know it, They are simply using bots as an excuse to rid the game of the ability to make money, because of their promise of cash out.

If this is impleneted throughout the game then its the death of the game.

Luc tried to breath new life into it, now it is finally being strangled to death by the very same people who wanted to bring it back to life

G

is this weekly limit for each sim or the whole account

if they are so worried about the cash out and botters why not jsut get rid of the atm's all together and put payouts the way it used to be was lot better and less problems before they added those atm's

G

I totally agree... though it's sad to say it. IF this goes through, then this will be the end of the game. Everyone I know will leave or switch to a free account and stay in TC3. Who cares if you can only make 3k in TC3... you aren't paying 10 bucks a month. Like I said before, there has to be more to this. Making a statement like "98% of you will not even notice the cap" does not say to me that is the whole statement. I know it's early dev team, but you had to know a post like this would get to people. With payouts and the economy being in shambles, how did you think posting something like this would go?

Add into the account alot of people lost/are going to lose alot of CC they paid alot of money for. Add this to this new "cap" and people will start jumping off of the Brooklyn Bridge! lol

(And I will be standing there asking "Can I have your money? Objects? lol)

G

From waht the post said, it's for the whole account. If it was per sim, that wouldn't be a big deal. Since it's the whole account, it doesn't matter if you have 1 sim or 8.

I have been against atm's and cash out since they talked about them. Cash out is a horrible idea and it's inviting botters to find new ways to make money just to sell it back to the game. Plus, with payouts so low... who will have extra money to sell? ATM's I also disagree with but that is my personal opinion. Who am I to tell someone "Hey! Don't use the ATM! They aren't right!" when they want to use it? With the payout issues (and now this), I don't blame someone for using the ATM. Me? You will never even see an ATM on a lot that I own (and even roomie at if I have a say). I refuse to pay more money into this game at this time. Hell, I just cancelled my 2nd account last night due to all the problems. After seeing this post today? My main account may be next

P

poppet

TTL

this is my understanding of how it goes

initial deposit of 3000 plus 500 the first week
(so in essence the first week you could make 3500)

you make 3500 in the first week your pool balance is at 0 now

second week 500 added to pool balance, bringing it to 500 (because it was already at 0)

the second week you can only make 500 without penalty
week 2 you make 500 and that brings your pool back to 0

week 3 they add 500 to your pool bringing it to 500 (because it was already at 0

so basically you can only earn 500 a week without penalty!!!!!!

G

That's how I took it. And as i said before, that isn't even 1 shift at any of the job tracks. Congrats, we all just got fired basically... lol

I

imported_Poppy Darling

TTL

I am dying to know what Carrie thinks of it. I believe she plays in TC3 so her feedback would give us some facts of how it is working.

P

poppet

TTL

They are making sure we are forced to use the ATMs to get anything in game and i resent this, i shouldnt have to pay 9.99 a month to not be allowed to do anything, most of my socializing is done while i make jams and work at the factory

I

imported_MooMooLand

Just my thoughts...

I think that they will eventually get rid of all the mony objects, with the cashout coming.
The only money we will get from EA in the future will be the weekly bonus.
EALand will be more and more like SL, because EA too wants to make profit from their game, soo they want us to use the ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.