• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anti Bot Measures/Update from Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*wonders if ajdown has anything to add*

[/ QUOTE ]Not really, I can't think of anything you haven't covered there.

The only possible thing is that there's another step to 'cashing out' in SL before you actually get the real money in your hand.

Any L$ sold goes on to a "US$" balance on your account. This is then used first to pay your monthly fees before hitting your credit card. So, for example, your monthly fees are $40, you sell $30 worth of game money (which sits on your account as a US$ balance), then that and $10 only is taken from your credit card when your monthly fees are due.

Most cashouts final step is via Paypal.

[/ QUOTE ]It's only used to pay your subscription fees if you have a US dollar balance in your SL acct. on the day your payment is due. If you withdraw your full US$ balance (by cheque or to PayPal) after your L$ are sold, but before your subscription renewal date comes, then they use your normal (primary) billing information to charge you the fee.

G

Really not sure that 'logging out until next week' is going to help at all. Isn't that also what bots would do? I think you spend your time working exclusively then log out and wait then you're not acruing any non-bot behaviors to counter-act your uhm.. botliness or whatever.

I have two free accounts, mainly to house-tree sit but before I recently created and purchased two more paying accounts (so that I now have a total of 4) these free accounts have served well as adjuncts on the code machine since I only had two paying accounts at the time I needed a third sim to code nicely with myself, I used to be just about the fastest coder in the west and without any charts etc, so I can get three screens up and really rock at clicking the things. This has left my one most steadfast freebie worker account with little to do since all my trees are currently all watched to ripe and I'm either skilling other sims and this particular freebie sim has his 20 skill locks filled for his place at the code machine, he has nothing else to do... so I log him off when not in use, and he does nothing but code then when logged on for this purpose, he owns no lots etc, so he's the sim that's hurting with this and I am seeing a reduction in payouts on him that contrast what the code reports, nevermind the $6 paperchase $19 skill bonus (all three sims are at 21 in their alloted code skills), my other sims get their pay, even a dollar over what the code reports for a total of $26 while freebie has started getting $24.. none of this is reported on the code machine's popup when we are correct btw, I have handed all the money off to another sim so I could watch the differences and that's the only way I know one sim is getting penalized while the others (who have bought lots and have lots more skilling to do as they are really old sims and there have been large gaps where I didn't play at all nevermind tc3 and they have 112 locks available so they have lots of locks to fill and lots of stuff to do.

this getting paid even a dollar more than the code machine reports is also part of what makes me believe that the definition of what you do and the ratio for it (skiling etc) migh actually be very fair or in our favor. I don't think we are cappd at $3,000 whatevers.. we might start out with that but if it truly is a sort of internal account thing I believe at this point my old founder sims may well ahve more than $3,000 going for them and as I do more stuff, buy another sim another lot on that account etc I will see if what the code machine gives them goes up even further.

In the meantime unless I find something (non-botly) for my freebie coding sim to log on and do from week to week, I think he's going to suffer for it.

I'm also wondering if once this is implemented in both servers if what you do on one server is going to affect your account on the other server.

Edited to add - all this coding was done as 3 visitors to other people's lots so the extra dollar my older (and active and skilling, lot and item purchasing) sims' extra dollar wasn't from owning the code machine or anything. I did this in sets between greenings (where depending on how lagged the game is/how bogged down my PC is if the room score doesn't go red before I'm done and kick my sims off before we're done etc at a full green just clicking like a fine motor skilled savant EA-land devs probably aren't going to like this but I believe I am actually faster than a bot ,I've seen those programs, tested one out years ago and by hand if everything is just-so by hand I can make between $750 and $1000 per sim per green on the code machine. I am short and sweet about it and I don't do a lot of talking so I can click and track and pay attention to what I am doing and I only do it so long before I've had enough and move off to something else, break and let a sim somewhere skill because there is always a sim that has an unused lock somewhere, but I can make about $3,000 in three or 4 green sessions before I get tired of it and go off to some other sim activity. I'm probably an awfully botlike human being there is at this lol all things considered, even intentionally set out with this new scheme they've got to try to look like a bot -- announced this to the lot owner even -- but I am no bot -- I'm all by hand and probably better. If a dev ever wonders about me, it hasn't happened so far, not even in the first bot witch-hunt phase we had years ago where all somebody who didn't like you and to do was accuse you, I never had an issue, but if I ever do, I'll be right there to answer 'em, and annoyed they broke my stride if they do)

G

Did you dance with a bear? Actually yes ! Several times

Run 3 circles around a fountain? I did run around the lot watering flowers but no fountain !

View an aquarium? People still have those?

Make some CC? I only wish I could

Blow a kiss at a winged avatar? Have you been stalking me today? Yes I did this many times ! I think she was wearing bunny slippers too

Give a backrub to an avatar wearing a cowboy hat? Damn he was supposed to wear a hat? Now you tell me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a way to refill the pool very fast !!! --&gt; Fart 6 times every hour !i! really you should try it a few days
)

I

imported_TraciRK

<blockquote><hr>

I also have been shopping around. I guess the devs have failed to realize that we LIKED playing this game over SL for various reasons. SL offers free accts too now...if I wanted to play like SL I wouldn't be paying $10 a month for all of my accts here in EA Land, I would just go play SL for free. If all of these changes keep going down then why pay for what you can get free?? the purpose of the free accts was to just give people a taste of the game but to restrict them also...well now the paying customers are restricted also so why pay? Also, has anyone else found out why this change is only in TC3 right now where the majority of players are free accts anyway? Why not in EA Land where they are more likely to find botters due to the economy??? It makes no sense???

[/ QUOTE ]

Because TC3 is the Test Center, that is what it is for is testing things in. This would be the disadvantage of having a free account, you can go to EALand but you cannot do near what you can in the Test Center. Sorry didn't finish, they are testing the cap right now to see if it needs to be raised or altered I believe.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

In your post you stated,

I can make about $3,000 in three or 4 green sessions before I get tired of it and go off to some other sim activity.

That is where you differ from a bot. You may be as fast or faster than a bot, but the bots are like the Energizer® Bunny -- they keep going, and going, and going, and going...

G

<blockquote><hr>

In your post you stated,

I can make about $3,000 in three or 4 green sessions before I get tired of it and go off to some other sim activity.

That is where you differ from a bot. You may be as fast or faster than a bot, but the bots are like the Energizer® Bunny -- they keep going, and going, and going, and going...

[/ QUOTE ]

It helps that the code machine happens to be a creative/artistic work of genius -- best animations/sounds in the game ever if you asked me. I've been playing since the game was beta and still I don't tire of the animations..from the whole routine they all give when they fail to the whole bit they do for each code (whenever possible I get a woman on the body section, love to hear that "huoiy!' you get periodically when she tosses the lever, that just kills me lol) else I'm sure I would not sit for the 4 or so sessions of it that I do (am I easily entertained? yes. Do I like this repetitious behavior? Yes, I had better like repetitious stuff if I am gonna play THIS game lol).

Entirely off topic I know, but where else does this ever come up so I can express the joys of coding and now that I've got three sims so I can do it right and at my speed and code is a bit renewed in people having interest in it (and machines on their lots) this was as good a place as any to sing its praises.

Still, I keep waiting for someone to accuse me of being a bot

I do think I've got some questions about this whole thing (anti-bot 'account' thing) I've not seen raised before, I wish I didn'thave to ask themin such a garbled fashion so they could be better understood.

I really do think my main sims have an account 'in the black' above and beyond the starter $3,000 (probably because in addition to their skilling drudgery they're also spending freebie's money for him, which is fair so he gets to live on the lots with them too). I really do think you guys are doing good to test this but even sims who work in big stretches then go skill/friend link (any kind of work, job object or job work) are going to have phases where they do other stuff (unless they are a slave sim dedicated to working exclusively for your other sims like my freebie sim I have mentioned) and I think when you guys get done instantly driving your sims to see if you can see when the $3,000 pool is drained you'll be back to your other simly non-botly behaviors and most of this will work out for most of us. I wish I could explain better exactly why I think that is.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I really do think you guys are doing good to test this but even sims who work in big stretches then go skill/friend link (any kind of work, job object or job work) are going to have phases where they do other stuff (unless they are a slave sim dedicated to working exclusively for your other sims like my freebie sim I have mentioned) and I think when you guys get done instantly driving your sims to see if you can see when the $3,000 pool is drained you'll be back to your other simly non-botly behaviors and most of this will work out for most of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Polly is reporting the testing she is doing in TC3. If you haven't read her posts here in City Hall take a look and stay tuned.

*GO POLLY!*

G

some tests results so far:

Expenditure: 3k a day (1k on unloading cc which has doubled in fee for half the size of content and now is more expensive than I can sell for)
Logic 20.99 : chalkboards 1
Robot Factory level 9: one round 70

Expenditure: 0
Logic 5: chalkboards 22
Robot Factory level 1: one round 378 (this is 12 more than stated in the earnings dialog box)

G

are polly and snord doing any other activities while they are at this?

What if you get some secret 'earnability credits' every time you visit somebody else's lot or every three lots you visit that aren't yours? What if you get secret earnability credits every time you serenade three different sims? etc etc?

Of course they couldn't tell us that because a bot would just go hord up a bunch of those and then commence the botting, but what if?

I'm breaking up my coding sessions with skilling etc and on the sims I am doing that on I'm not having problems yet and I know I've made more than $3,000 on those two.. the one who's hurting did nothing but code machine.

I really really am coming to believe those hidden non money activities are adding to our creditbase and that they are exactly what the dev's were referring to as 'non bot behavior.

Think: what does a bot do? it makes money. Some fancier bots can green themselves, then they go make more money. What if just about everything you do that isin't greening or moneymaking gives you this secret earnabilty credit?

G

I run a service lot top ten, serenade, offer teaching, free greening, I also skill on skill lots and play the money lots. I normally follow a good team down for jobs, and most of them have stopped working as there is no payout. A few have alts now working level 1 as it pays more.

There is two of us working at level 9 :/ way to go testing

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Polly's thread is right here in City Hall. Read it
She is doing an excellent job of noting ALL her activities.

I admire Polly and the other true testers for taking this on. On the other hand, I am angry that this is necessary. Why must we have to undertake an investigation? The devs feel that we need to be in the dark. While I understand that not giving away state secrets to the botters is common sense, I think it merely means we honest players will be the last to know how our cap works. (Unless Polly et al crack it totally.) I resent not being able to manage my game play.

Like rl, this is hitting the poorest players the hardest. It is very discouraging (UNDERSTATEMENT)

G

TTL

Ok. If they add interactions as having "credits", then how easy will it be for the botters to add interactions to their programming? Add in a couple of serenades and there are your interactions. Rise, repeat... lol

I just can't see how this is going to work.

G

Imagine that!!
The devs might actually have some idea what they are doig. hehe
Thank you for posting this.

G

When I 1st brought up my concerns on the way payouts would be effected by the devs plans on how they were to implement the buybacks, I was jumped on by several people. At that time there was one other that agreed with me as to how it would effect payouts. That person was also jumped on in that thread.
For a while now I had thought that person was you as you have pretty much the same opinion on why the payouts are being reduced so far.
Sorry if you took offence to what I had said, I only meant to show respect for your opinion on the matter as well as acknowledging you have had that opinion for some time.

I

imported_Trudymac

TTL

The more I think about this whole thing the more I don't understand why they just didn't set the Simolean to real money conversion higher by about 5 or 10 times.

That way, we still get to live the Sim lifestyle we are used to and there is still a RL money connection. Heck, I doubt most of us who are upset by these (possible) changes are people who were probably not all gung-ho about cash-outs (and planning to utilise them) anyway, I know I wasn't.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

whistlrr, are you playing in TC3? Because the cap is only in TC3 at this point.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

The more I think about this whole thing the more I don't understand why they just didn't set the Simolean to real money conversion higher by about 5 or 10 times.

That way, we still get to live the Sim lifestyle we are used to and there is still a RL money connection. Heck, I doubt most of us who are upset by these (possible) changes are people who were all gung-ho about cash-outs (and planning to utilise them) anyway, I know I wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]I have no intention to use the cash out ability. In game money is meant just for that... in game. People have high hopes of making alot of money using the cash out... you won't. Everything that is going on with payouts is going to make sure that people do not make enough to make it worth their while to cash out. Sell 50,000 simoleans, get 1 rl dollar. Is it worth it? I don't think so. Look at how hard it is to make 50k in game...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I get a clue what the thread is titled or can somebodey put a link to it here?
Nothing there screams out anything obvious like "testing credit/anti bot" or whatever that I can see so I can find it.
Thanks

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I get a clue what the thread is titled or can somebodey put a link to it here?
Nothing there screams out anything obvious like "testing credit/anti bot" or whatever that I can see so I can find it.
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

At this moment it is top of page 2 of City Hall, title: TC3 testing results - anti bot measures

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

That way, we still get to live the Sim lifestyle we are used to and there is still a RL money connection. Heck, I doubt most of us who are upset by these (possible) changes are people who were all gung-ho about cash-outs (and planning to utilise them) anyway, I know I wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]I have no intention to use the cash out ability. In game money is meant just for that... in game. People have high hopes of making alot of money using the cash out... you won't. Everything that is going on with payouts is going to make sure that people do not make enough to make it worth their while to cash out. Sell 50,000 simoleans, get 1 rl dollar. Is it worth it? I don't think so. Look at how hard it is to make 50k in game...

[/ QUOTE ]I agree.

I caught an error in my post which you quoted.

It should have read, "...are people who were probably not all gung-ho about cash-outs...".

G

<blockquote><hr>

whistlrr, are you playing in TC3? Because the cap is only in TC3 at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I even backed out my oversized client (the 1028x800 or whatever that you can't play smaller anymore on tc3,I'm always smaller on ea-land) to city mode to be sure (my tc3/ealand sims are simlar in either city its true, but the client gives me away as to where I am) but to be doiubly sure lol, I checked, and yes I am tc3.
I have been all day. this isalso the only place my freebie sim can even join a money lot to work. That isn't possible in ealand.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

[/ QUOTE ]I agree.

I caught an error in my post which you quoted.

It should have read, "...are people who were probably not all gung-ho about cash-outs...".

[/ QUOTE ]I think it's time for the dev team to ask us if we really want the cash out option. I have a feeling all the old times will say no. We never had it before and loved this game just the same.

Aster, how about a poll so our voice can be heard on this?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

And BiteMe, I don't remember catching any flak about posting this in the forums. I haven't been wailing over it, just pointing out the obvious implications of cash-out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the ticket....the 'flak' comes not in stating the obvious, or stating things that people don't want to hear, but rather in doing it, ad nauseum. One thing that has always gotten you alot of respect is that you don't hammer points to death...you state them matter-of-factly and that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I read this I 1st thought you were having a go at me and the way I post.
But I will take my unusually high 20 odd posts compared to your close to 60 in this thread and acknowledge that there is a good chance you were actually reflecting on your own.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

Aster, how about a poll so our voice can be heard on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

[/ QUOTE ]

Because EA is now competing with all the other simolean brokers out there. If EA offers the high conversion rate you suggest, it will widen the market for the private simolean brokers.

EA has been busy suggesting private simolean sales are risky, so that we should welcome buying from their ATMs. Well, of course they want to be the one broker we can trust. On the other hand, there are private simolean brokers who are well known and who have been in business for many years. NO business lasts if it doesn't meet customer needs. If EA can't at least be competitive for value received in simolean transactions, even players who believe private tranasactions are risky will take a chance.

G

Okay I have read polly's thread and I am back here to respond:

Snord did something else (made CC) and got more than he expected/was reported on the robot job dialog box (which makes me think he's 'in the black' with more than the startup 3k in credit for why which goes with my theory.. what else did snord do that were usual non work/non green activies that may have contributed? we don't know)

Polly skillled a sim part way then set to work with it. I don't see a whole lot of non greening/non work activity listed there.

Polly or someone else needs to see if they can recreate my experience then:

Take at least two sims, equally skilled at their work skills (perfe3rably both maxed at their needed skills) have one him/them do nothing else except that work activity and greening for work. Log that one off when not used for thse work sessions and wait until its time to have them both work again.

Meanwhile Have the other sim(s) stay online and skill and lock down other skills between work sessions, make friendlinks, be sang to, sing to others if possible,etc. Set them both to work again. See if there is a difference.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

[/ QUOTE ]

Because EA is now competing with all the other simolean brokers out there. If EA offers the high conversion rate you suggest, it will widen the market for the private simolean brokers.

EA has been busy suggesting private simolean sales are risky, so that we should welcome buying from their ATMs. Well, of course they want to be the one broker we can trust. On the other hand, there are private simolean brokers who are well known and who have been in business for many years. NO business lasts if it doesn't meet customer needs. If EA can't at least be competitive for value received in simolean transactions, even players who believe private tranasactions are risky will take a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, that's the missing part, I knew there had to be some reason. One would think that they could use legal means to make those sites stop selling Simoleans, but that would take money, and it sounds like EA has given them a nickel and a popsicle stick to work with so...

One step closer to cancelling my paid subscription, if and when this cap comes to EA Land. It's a shame that everyone has to suffer because someone(s) at Maxis got the bright idea to Frankenstein part of SL onto the existing TSO economy, which was in no way designed with real money transactions in mind. There just really is no place for work objects in this kludged-up economy unless the payouts coming from them were coming from other players, and that's not gonna happen.

So, now my question becomes, why didn't they just kill TSO and start working on TSO2 (with real money transaction in mind) based on either the Sims 2 or Sims 3?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

So, now my question becomes, why didn't they just kill TSO and start working on TSO2 (with real money transaction in mind) based on either the Sims 2 or Sims 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the devs are charged with "rebranding" this game, which in short means removing "The Sims" from it and making it the more generic "Electronic Arts Land" -- which will encompass our little online world, but will also offer a hub/showcase for other EA games.

The Sims is a success story, and EA wants a moat (with piranhas and those slimey blood sucker eel things) between the gilded halls of The Sims and this game, which is still pretty much the embarrassment-in-the-attic for them. (The blame for which being of their own making, which we won't mention again.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they cant make money off us if they do. It would take quite a while to make that game. And I wouldn't be able to play :p.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the devs are charged with "rebranding" this game, which in short means removing "The Sims" from it and making it the more generic "Electronic Arts Land" -- which will encompass our little online world, but will also offer a hub/showcase for other EA games.

The Sims is a success story, and EA wants a moat (with piranhas and those slimey blood sucker eel things) between the gilded halls of The Sims and this game, which is still pretty much the embarrassment-in-the-attic for them. (The blame for which being of their own making, which we won't mention again.)

[/ QUOTE ]LAMPREY EELS!!? Or would the be Llamaprey Eels? :p

I know this game has had it's fair share of problems but I don't see why they are so ashamed of it. At least it didn't end up like Motor City Online. And with the immense worldwide popularity of The Sims offline games, surely they realise they would have an audience for a TSO2? I'd certainly check it out, and I have several friends who I know would too. I imagine many of you are in the same boat. They'd get 50 bucks a piece out of all of us off the bat, and then 15 a month or something, so if it's a money issue (which, come on, EA has money), I don't see why.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they cant make money off us if they do. It would take quite a while to make that game. And I wouldn't be able to play :p.

[/ QUOTE ]I would've been willing to wait. Lord knows, I have waited a long time for many games.

How come you wouldn't be able to play? Computer not powerful enough?

G

<blockquote><hr>

How come you wouldn't be able to play? Computer not powerful enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god no! This game is like Pong on my computers. I wouldn't be able to play EA Land if they shut it down to make a differnt one. :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]LAMPREY EELS!!? Or would the be Llamaprey Eels? :p

I know this game has had it's fair share of problems but I don't see why they are so ashamed of it. At least it didn't end up like Motor City Online. And with the immense worldwide popularity of The Sims offline games, surely they realise they would have an audience for a TSO2? I'd certainly check it out, and I have several friends who I know would too. I imagine many of you are in the same boat. They'd get 50 bucks a piece out of all of us off the bat, and then 15 a month or something, so if it's a money issue (which, come on, EA has money), I don't see why.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's yet another 'Mystery of the Ages'. Well, maybe not that bad.
But it *is* curious why they dropped support for this game, and so quickly.
TSO had (IMO) tremendous potential.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Crafting new objects would count the same as uploading custom content because the money spent doing these activities goes directly back to EA. Buying objects only counts if you are a store keeper buying direct from catalog. However, all of us help the economy by purchasing custom content or objects because this allows those people to stay in business and we benefit with availability of objects to buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you buy someone elses custom content when it will not give you credits?

You will be out that amount of credit and it will not allow you to make it up.

I hope I can buy every item I need before this hits EALand.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Well reading the test results in Polly's thread, I see little reason to login more than once a week. EA-Land currently offers very little game play. There is a Skill game, a money game, a store game. The skill game has never worked for me. Boredom.The current economy has killed the store game. And with the new changes in TC3 you need only login once a week to play the money game and upload anything you might have created in the hopes that some poor schmuck will come along and not know what he's doing and buy it. Hrmm. Something is amiss.

G

Well I guess I'm part of the 2%, I had roughly 2.5k on me...went to a bingo house, played a few games of bingo..then tipped the owner. I then went home, opened the house for awhile and had to fill the fridge, pay the maid/gardener. This left me with around 1.7k. I then went to work, after 1 round, I made $340 (pop up said i made 432) then the next 3 rounds I made $1. As a subscriber..this really disappoints me. Seems we're being punished for what the illegal cheaters do in this game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well reading the test results in Polly's thread, I see little reason to login more than once a week. EA-Land currently offers very little game play. There is a Skill game, a money game, a store game. The skill game has never worked for me. Boredom.The current economy has killed the store game. And with the new changes in TC3 you need only login once a week to play the money game and upload anything you might have created in the hopes that some poor schmuck will come along and not know what he's doing and buy it. Hrmm. Something is amiss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever you are, get off of Gracies stratics account RIGHT NOW!

Gracie would never be that sad.

G

So many times in the past all I heard was about the bots. How they need to get rid of them and get them out of the game. Well they've come up with a way that hutrs everyone. I have not read one-post that says that they are for the anti-bot feature. The way I look at it is that if EA/devs can get rid of the bots then their precious cash-out feature will not be in jeopardy.

If they get rid of the cash-out feature will botters really be a problem anymore?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever you are, get off of Gracies stratics account RIGHT NOW!

Gracie would never be that sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT/E!!! Damn, this is scary *bites fingernails*

Seriously, I don't even think the cheerleaders are saying that things are perfect, but I do hope we can hold out enough hope that they will plainly see that something is fubar and tweak it till they get it as good as it can be and still be slightly tipped in their favor so that they don't lose their asses with cashout. A compromise would make me ecstatic......somewhere between where we were before the cap, and where we are now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I admire Polly and the other true testers for taking this on. On the other hand, I am angry that this is necessary. Why must we have to undertake an investigation? The devs feel that we need to be in the dark. While I understand that not giving away state secrets to the botters is common sense, I think it merely means we honest players will be the last to know how our cap works. (Unless Polly et al crack it totally.) I resent not being able to manage my game play.

Like rl, this is hitting the poorest players the hardest. It is very discouraging (UNDERSTATEMENT)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just getting too complicated for me...

G

Are they trying to mimic RL? If so, they are doing a great job of it. I come to the game to sometimes escape RL and talk to the friends I have met here. I don't want to have to worry about working 5 shifts a day 7 days a week so I can put a wall up on my lot!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are they trying to mimic RL? If so, they are doing a great job of it. I come to the game to sometimes escape RL and talk to the friends I have met here. I don't want to have to worry about working 5 shifts a day 7 days a week so I can put a wall up on my lot!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know... that's it; I don't wanna have a headache over how am I going to accomplish what I want in game - I have enough headaches in rl....

I

imported_Fire Dragon

As I haven't bothered reading through all the long-winded posts in the past few pages, I'm not sure if this has been said already.

I think the only way that this could even remotely resemble being a solution for the 'bots' :coughs: would be if we got an initial pool of 3k and the 500 extra each week was accumulated. IE, 3000 for the first week, 3500 the second, 4000 the third, etc..

If this was even the case, one would hope that they would base our pools on the number of weeks we have been playing, though i doubt that would happen.

I am not interested in CC. I can do a much better job of it in Second Life, which I must add, I am getting a nice lil earner from, without even logging in. I have plenty of fully furnished homes brought over from the merges, as well as one I built in EA Land before the merges. I don't need to buy objects at over-inflated prices. I am not going to buy any more lots at the ridiculously high prices they are at atm. The only thing my money gets spent on is the repairman or restocking the fridge and I certainly don't waste 3k on that a week.

The way I see things, after the amnesty, when I get all the rares, and the cash out comes in, I'll just sell up. It's just not worth it otherwise.

I

imported_princess45001

replying to no1 in particular: ok first of all i do agree we are all panicing before we see what really happens with that said i cant believe this is because of bots because to my understanding bots work nonstop with no other interactions but the owners consistantly trade money from other botted sims to their main one.if this is happening the trade money interaction should decrease your pool and since bots cant work work should not.i firmly believe this is because of cash back option.so just dont give cash back option,really this seems to give into the financial problems for the few people whom may use it they are here to make money in real life and will not do much except make money to sell back to you.the rest of us like to use our simolians to play game and since we have paid our $10 a month for so long with no problem i dont think you will lose players cause they cant sell back simolians to get $10 back.This is hurting the 98% and i believe will not hurt the 2% alot.seriously if you find a bot suspend them and their isp and prosecute.in r/l the police doesnt arrest 98% of population cause 2% are commiting crimes

I

imported_princess45001

so if money objects are the only way bots make money y not just get rid of them and make sims work like in r/l (i dont know bout u but my town doesnt have money lots
)and let the rest of us get back to playing the game we love?what do bots really hurt yes they make $ and sell on ebay but if no1 buys then their outta business anyways.if you have no life and can set on game all day making simolians to sell on ebay for few bucks who really cares?

G

*TTL*

From everything that's been said, especially with the new condition over purchasing from a store not crediting your pool, it seems to me that, when you think about it, the only ones to benefit from this new math would be store owners/roomies who also create and upload their own CC to sell.

If you buy from the catalog, you can get credit... okay, so who buys from the catalog? Certainly not the non-store owner/roomie, because all but some basic items have been removed from the catalog for us.... and I really don't know ANYONE who buys that stuff. SO, we go to a store... the owner/roomie sells it to us.. they make simoleans, but it does not debit their pool... we spend simoleans, but it does not credit our pool. The owner/roomie who purchased that item from the catalog gets credit to their pool.

And the CC... yes, some do only make it for personal use... but the store sims who make it, they get credit for spending simoleans to upload... they turn around and sell that item, but receive no debit to their pool, nor does the sim who purchased it receive a credit.

So, us average joes who like to run skill/romance/money/whatever lots, will not be able hit anywhere near the credit that store owners will hit.

How does that seem fair??

P

poppet

TTL

Woot 28 pages, you would think everyone would be talked out about this by now

I

imported_Armonia

WHAT ELSE ARE YOU PEOPLE AT EA GOING TO DO TO MAKE US HATE THIS GAME. I can't make enough money now and with capping out in like an hour or less most players will not play again. Is it my understand we are only allowed to make 3k per week? That is absolutely ridiculous.

A

abbracia

Custom content can only currenly be created using a $4000 program called 3ds max. Custom graphics can be imported, sure. But custom content -- not until somebody makes a more standard object creation method and import utility into EA-land.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Custom content can only currenly be created using a $4000 program called 3ds max. Custom graphics can be imported, sure. But custom content -- not until somebody makes a more standard object creation method and import utility into EA-land.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is incorrect.
There are many free 3D programs available.
You also do not NEED a 3D program period in order to create some things. Until I master Blender 3D I have created all my stuff without a 3D program. Take a look at my stuff at Eagle's Shop-Playground, under Tatum FiveTwoNiner, none of my stuff has been created with a 3D program.

Status
Not open for further replies.