• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champion Spawns Additions

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Rathma said:
Then all the people that actually put all their effort into making the $ and grinding which ever way they choose to, in game or their local 'brokers' are still grinding to make that money. But those who don't give a rats ... get all the items everyone else has by just playing the game and being cool at the bank.
Have to realize that the faction thing was a dupe fix too. All the arties that have been duped are now easy to get, just like the event items are about to be.
Guess that will show those dupers and those "brokers" (aka fencers) a thing or two right? (wrong)

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope they give the most lousy replica(s) to the rat spawn.

Death to despise; T2A PvP = yay!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh man, hehe well, two things from me. First off, these items are just going to keep the poor PvPers on the bottom, and having them in Trammel/Ilsh means they are going to be camped 24/7, so even if the drop rate is low, they're going to flood the market.
This paragraph is amazingly contradictory.

New items keep the poor PvPers on the bottom which is bad, and yet the market being flooded is also bad.

By definition, however, flooded market means cheaper prices in most situations. Which by definition means that poorer PvPers will have greater access to them than your first premise assumes.

Not to mention that poorer PvPers can camp the spawns themselves, and thus face the necessity of doing PvM to obtain something they want, just as PvMers must face the necessity of doing PvP to obtain something they want (power scrolls, double fame, double resources, etc.). And of course both sides can buy stuff from one another. And the fact that these items, will not obtainable directly from PvP, will be obtainable in the PvP facet.

And finally, rare is the PvPer on LS at least who admits to being poor.

-Galen's player

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The funny thing is the code they use that puts damage onto an items durability don't work correctly on the items like rings, bracelets, "aprons" (clothes) & talismans...

So they're basically adding in more items with intent that they will break & decay over time, when they really won't. (Take a look at your faction crystalline... It hasen't lost durability like your Spirit of the Totem has it?).
Believe it or not, there are items that are not just jewels and cloths in the system. And rings, bracelets, cloths and talismans are not suppose to break, it's not that it doesn't work correctly, because it does.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have to realize that the faction thing was a dupe fix too. All the arties that have been duped are now easy to get, just like the event items are about to be.
Guess that will show those dupers and those "brokers" (aka fencers) a thing or two right? (wrong)
It's showing them and all of us that the majority of them walked away :x. While players like us only hoped something would be done about it.

Dev teams next target: Valorite runics from t-hunting.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galen I thought that too but he might have meant poor as in.. woe is me... not gold. *shrug his post still does not make sense*

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pardon my ignorance, But I just want to clairify something. You only get a chance at a SoT if you kill the Champ in Tram rulesets? Whereas you get either a 105 PS of a SoT from killing normal Champ Spawn Critters in the Fel ruleset?
Yes.

Which is fine with me.

-Galen's player

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Believe it or not, there are items that are not just jewels and cloths in the system. And rings, bracelets, cloths and talismans are not suppose to break, it's not that it doesn't work correctly, because it does.
Well duh, why do you think I didn't mention them.

The system is partially working. It don't take a genius to figure that out.

And they ARE supposed to break... Why else would they have a durability marking on them? Yeah...

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galen I thought that too but he might have meant poor as in.. woe is me... not gold. *shrug his post still does not make sense*
From the context, the "poor PvPers" will be "on the bottom," I was thinking "on the bottom" as meaning "unable to successfully compete in PvP."

If that's not what he meant then....I don't know. On the bottom of what? They certainly aren't on the bottom of being able to obtain cool stuff, as they can get everything we'll be able to get in Trammel, as well as still having p-scrolls in Fel-only.

-Galen's player

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Incorrect. Those items (faction) are supposed to break eventually.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are you balancing non-PoFable items between melee jobs who obviously take alot of damage, ranged attack jobs who take limited dammage and tamer who takes no damage at all? Finally, why do you even have PoF at all if you dislike it so?
The funny thing is the code they use that puts damage onto an items durability don't work correctly on the items like rings, bracelets, "aprons" (clothes) & talismans...

So they're basically adding in more items with intent that they will break & decay over time, when they really won't. (Take a look at your faction crystalline... It hasen't lost durability like your Spirit of the Totem has it?).

That brings up another good question. How is damage calculated to items? Does a flamestrike do more damage to an item with high fire resist or less damage becasue it's more fire resistant?

G

GirlPower

makes sense i mean, fel now has a chance to have 2 items and tram now only has 1 it still makes fel ahead...
Um, risk vs reward? And I'm sure 99% of the people who do this in fel will gladly give you all their 105 scrolls. Or head there yourself, theres moongates all over to take you there.

U

Urk of LS

Right because 105 powerscrolls are good for... nothing? :confused:
Hell even with the 105's being worthless with a tram ruleset you have a chance at ONE (1) for the entire spawn, and that one will be at most a .5 gain. whereas how many in Fel? and up to a FULL POINT of skill gain?

The Fel player often complain that they are being shafted when it come to newer stuff, to me this doesn't look like shafting.

R

Rathma

The market of everything as of right now is dropping for the "bottom pvpers" so I don't see what it'd be hard for them to compete in the pvp world.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That brings up another good question. How is damage calculated to items? Does a flamestrike do more damage to an item with high fire resist or less damage becasue it's more fire resistant?
Nope. They don't have any special coding like that. I think the only exception is from using a blunt weapon, IE. mace fightning. Unless they removed that from the game.

I just like the fact how they state they are adding in more items, with mentioning to players they can will basically break over time, when the last batch of all them don't :x.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure...Let's have a major dupe banning....Oh wait, people come on here en masse and say they were banned unjustly and too many of us believe them without basis.

This isn't a perfect solution but it reduces the value of dupes (while maintaining much of the value for collectors who get stuff to just have, not to use) while at the same time giving us new content.

-Galen's player

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So which is it? Is there only 1 reward for the top attacker or is there multiple rewards for the champ? I'm not going to go on and on but top attacker is a bad system as it leads to the same person getting the reward every time. One day I hope to see that concept identified as bad.
The new system is tracking the players working the spawn. Once you've reached a certain threshold, you are automatically added to the list of people who will have a chance of receiving the rare item. The person who worked the spawn the most will have a very slightly higher chance of getting it. So technically, if you are on the list, you do not necessarily have to kill the champ to receive the item, but it would increase your chances if you did. You however must be on the subserver or you are removed from the list. If you are dead, the item could drop on your corpse (not on your ghost).

If none of the people on the list are present when the champ dies, then a random player among those who helped killed the champ will receive the reward.

When killing the boss, the breakdown for the rewards is as follows:

10% chance of no reward
10% chance of the boss specific reward
45% chance of a decorative reward
35% chance of a shared reward.

For example, if you're doing Oaks:

10% no reward
10% chance at Orc Chieftain Helm
45% chance of either the wind spirit or one of the 4 animated water tiles
35% chance of one of 6 Replicas (Survival Knife, Djinny Ring, Lt. Sash, Samaritan Robe, Detective Boots or Knowledge Robe).

Note that Oaks has the most shared replicas. Most other champs have 3 or 4.

As far as people farming the Tram ruleset spawns, keep in mind that there is a timer before the altar is self-reactivated. You will probably remember the days of ToT when we were all sitting around waiting for the spawn to begin again.

The SoTs are totally independent of the boss. Whenever you work the spawn you get a chance at receiving a 105 or a SoT scroll. In Trammel, you will only get the SoT, in Felucca you will get one or the other.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea! God forbid they actually put items in and item based game...

Would you want to goto college and work for something like lets say your masters for a year or two, get done, and see it being handed out to new people who haven't spent the time, worked as hard, done as good etc. I'm sure you would love it. But hey, it's alright because that's what kind of world we're in right?!

First of all, it's a game.

Second of all, what new people?

Worked hard at buying a dupe? Seriously? You're going with worked hard?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The number of points per scroll will range from 0.1 to 0.5 in Trammel rulesets, and from 0.6 to 1.0 in Felucca.
Eep, I hadn't noticed that earlier...I understand some of the complaints more now.

Oh well.....The paradigm of greater rewards for Fel is in-place, and no amount of arguing is going to dislodge it.

As far as greater rewards to Fel go, this one isn't bad....It's undeniably a greater reward, but at the same time it's not denying something to Tram per se, just saying you'll need to work more in Trammel to achieve the same reward. Kinda like making extra money for working the night shift I guess?

I disagree with this decision, but I don't mind it either.....In a sense, it's win-win. I can't see myself arguing against it publicly other than this post.

-Galen's player

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new system is tracking the players working the spawn. Once you've reached a certain threshold, you are automatically added to the list of people who will have a chance of receiving the rare item. The person who worked the spawn the most will have a very slightly higher chance of getting it. So technically, if you are on the list, you do not necessarily have to kill the champ to receive the item, but it would increase your chances if you did. You however must be on the subserver or you are removed from the list. If you are dead, the item could drop on your corpse (not on your ghost).

If none of the people on the list are present when the champ dies, then a random player among those who helped killed the champ will receive the reward.

10% chance of no reward

10% no reward
45% chance of either the wind spirit of one of the 4 animated water tiles
35% chance of one of 6 Replicas (Survival Knife, Djinny Ring, Lt. Sash, Samaritan Robe, Detective Boots or Knowledge Robe).

As far as people farming the Tram ruleset spawns, keep in mind that there is a timer before the altar is self-reactivated. You will probably remember the days of ToT when we were all sitting around waiting for the spawn to begin again.

The SoTs are totally independent of the boss. Whenever you work the spawn you get a chance at receiving a 105 or a SoT scroll. In Trammel, you will only get the SoT, in Felucca you will get one or the other.
So taking a spawn from people and healing a champion in full don't take away thier chance of getting that extra reward right? Just the powerscrolls like now? If so that's actually kind of cool.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh word? I see you forgot about skill gain. Expand your mind little one...

S

Salty Pete

Regine_EAMythic; I am guessing that it is too late for you to stop this madness from being released.....

However I'd like to say: Please don't do the replicas. No, just no. If you have to give out items on the champ bosses just give out NEW items. Or even existing items that are in demand. Don't crap on people's unique items.

As for the scroll of skill gaining.... Gyah. Please don't do that either. If you have to give us skills on a scroll at least do it by offering the existing Alacrity scrolls. At least that way a character has to USE the skill to gain in it.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So taking a spawn from people and healing a champion in full don't take away thier chance of getting that extra reward right? Just the powerscrolls like now? If so that's actually kind of cool.
Correct, the PS will continue to work as before. Heal the champ, whoever raided and killed the boss gets all the scrolls. If you also want the reward, you will need to track down and kill the people who worked the spawn or check their bodies to get it.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10% chance of no reward
If by this you mean that each and every champ has a 90% chance of dropping something? Then I would say that this is far, far too high. If anything, should be a 10% chance of something dropping. 90% chance for something is a sure way to have these spawns not touched within the month.

But you may mean that even if the math has already determined that there's going to be a drop, and that you are getting it, then there's still a 10% chance that you'll get nothing?

Then that makes perfect sense, and is a nice additional check on these items not being too common.

-Galen's player

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Except anybody who actually cares about having the rares, not just the mods will be 100% unaffected by this...

Keep the replicas in.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

10% chance of no reward

10% no reward
45% chance of either the wind spirit or one of the 4 animated water tiles

Thanks much for the info. I love the new system and rewards. Long overdue.

Now...to clarify...it appears from your statement there is, in fact, only 1 reward per champ spawn?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct, the PS will continue to work as before. Heal the champ, whoever raided and killed the boss gets all the scrolls. If you also want the reward, you will need to track down and kill the people who worked the spawn or check their bodies to get it.
Has EA givin up on implimenting a system that takes the "griefing" away from the champion system? I'm sure this new system will MAYBE bring some more people to fel champs... Until they remember about the players watching them that is! :p

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regine_EAMythic[/BPlease don't do the replicas. No, just no. If you have to give out items on the champ bosses just give out NEW items. Or even existing items that are in demand. Don't crap on people's unique items.

No one's unique item is being crapped on. The new items are tagged "replica" and thus the older ones are still distinctly different.

Think about it this way.

If you're a legitimate rares collector, why do you want a rare item? Just to have it. To collect, because that's what you do.

I will take a wild guess that there are exactly zero dupers who were duping, or buying duped items, to collect them. No, I'd guess most of those were getting this stuff to use them.

So if you're a legitimate rares collector, duping itself has hurt you far more than this will.

This maintains the value of your item, because it's the original and is visibly so. Collectors will still sell to collectors, for collection purposes, at outrageous amounts unaffordable by players such as myself.

And those of us who want good items to use, rather than only to collect, will be able to obtain them without either supporting duping or paying unaffordable amounts.

-Galen's player

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh word? I see you forgot about skill gain. Expand your mind little one...

Ahh..my little mind. So tender and juicy as it is. Let's talk about skill gain and reality.

The reality is the vast majority of people that are currently playing this game already have maxed characters. The reality is that most of the skill gain being done is retooling or macroing. Who is the skill gain changes hurting? The tamers who had to work their skill up? *nods* Tamers cry at the drop of a hat about that and jewls and anything that makes their 120 victory of monotony any less of an achievement. Boohoo.

Most of the skills in this game are pitifully easy to raise save a small handful of them. The randomness off the drops isn't going to turn everyone into a GM everything(if they aren't already) overnight. You people need to get over yourselves. Quit crying because people will be able to get items.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reality is the vast majority of people that are currently playing this game already have maxed characters.
Why upset the majority of thier playerbase then?

I think they've done that more then enough lately.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm sure this new system will MAYBE bring some more people to fel champs...
Doubtful. Not when you can get the same items in Ilsh/Tokono.
I don't think anyones really going to care if they have twenty .5 animal taming scrolls or ten 1.0 animal taming scrolls.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It wouldn't be upsetting, because most people are done training their characters, or would welcome these scrolls so they don't have to work up to 120 bushido for the 8th time.

It's just the "I worked my skill up so everyone else should too" fools on Stratics that are opposed to it really.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reality is the vast majority of people that are currently playing this game already have maxed characters.

They aren't upsetting the majority. That's laughable. They add something to the game and the haves and the have dones start crying because more people will be in their boats. If anything there are 10 people that can't wait for the champ spawns to give something in a facet other than fel to every 1 that wants to whine about dupes items(replicas) or scrolls of instant gain.

This change will get people playing again. Both in felucca, Illshenar and tokuno for a while. If they have the foresight to switch out the rewards on occasion(highly unlikely) it will be even moreso.

Tell me about my tiny mind some more :D

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure this new system will MAYBE bring some more people to fel champs...
I don't think anyones really going to care if they have twenty .5 animal taming scrolls or ten 1.0 animal taming scrolls.

Just like noone took advantage of the higher chance of books of truth or the higher chance at the dungeon artis? You wanna place a friendly wager on that? I have some quatloo just burning a hole in my pocket... :hahaha:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just like noone took advantage of the higher chance of books of truth or the higher chance at the dungeon artis? You wanna place a friendly wager on that? I have some quatloo just burning a hole in my pocket... :hahaha:
Name it.
There's simply not enough incentive for people who normally do not go to Fel to enter Fel now to get the same items they can get in Ilshenar and Tokono spawns.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you underestimate the boredom threshold of the casual player :)

(then again, you could drop unique artifacts from mongbats and you still wouldn't get me going to Fel - please, please stop trying to get me to go there)

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This change will get people playing again. Both in felucca, Illshenar and tokuno for a while. If they have the foresight to switch out the rewards on occasion(highly unlikely) it will be even moreso.
Wrong...

lol.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you knew how at odds this was with the reality of how people played, you'd be chuckling right now too.

-Galen's player

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Name it.
There's simply not enough incentive for people who normally do not go to Fel to enter Fel now to get the same items they can get in Ilshenar and Tokono spawns.
Twice the points and double scrolls with protection, the powerscrolls, the skulls and the special reward for doing the same thing but with a bit more risk. I don't know but it is actually appealing to me. Then again, I mostly play Fel and I enjoy PvP so I guess I'm even more biased!

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Name it.
No silly. I'm not talking about getting people into fel that don't go there already. The same people who do champs on occasion and the opportunists who want to make money will be there with bells on. The champ cams will be up in full swing. People will play again because there will be meat again. The same meat but meat none-the-less. This idea that non-pvpers are going to felucca is as old and dated as risk vs reward and player justice. Not gonna happen. The only bet I make is that fel will be more active when this publish comes out and not that trammies are gonna go there. I can't wait for some fun.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
11 years and 14 characters later, I don't care how you gain skill.

Does someone macroing or using these scrolls really hurt anyone? Mind you, I say really hurt, not "Who would get mad that they're 'legit' 120 is 'belittled'?" It's not going to affect your actual game play. What affects your game play are people who run auto-heal scripts and speed hacks.

Give the people their scrolls, maybe making the skilling process a little less intense will encourage old player to try new templates they wouldn't have otherwise thought of... or encourage new players to get over the grind and get out in the field (or dungeon).

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Name it.
Twice the points and double scrolls with protection, the powerscrolls, the skulls and the special reward for doing the same thing but with a bit more risk. I don't know but it is actually appealing to me. Then again, I mostly play Fel and I enjoy PvP so I guess I'm even more biased!
Since people already get scrolls/skulls for doing the spawns this isn't going to attract more people.
Skill point scrolls with double value(pertaining to Fel) is the only difference between now and when this publish goes in.
Double value scrolls in Fel vs "regular value" scrolls in Ilshenar/Tokono will NOT make trammel players want to go to Fel.
I'm not saying the normal pvp community will all head to Tram to do their spawns now, that's just silly. What I AM saying is this is in no way going to draw the trammel players to the Fel spawns like in the "ole days" when spawns were new.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regine, I think this sounds like a great system. I'm really looking forward to publish 57 now! Awesome!

Personally, I put this idea up there with Paragons. Have you and Leurocian been plotting together? :bowdown:

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To bad the rewards aren't fel only.

I'm not hating here, just pointing out that three months from now after the rush is over, expect posts about spawn bots farming 24/7 in tram rule sets. I also expect spawn bot AI to make an exponential leap in sophistication a month after this publish goes live.

That said, I think the publish is awesome and i'm really looking forward to playing UO with my guildmates, because this sounds like its going to be fun for awhile to come.

M

Millie

I work the spawn all the time in Ils., so it will be nice to maybe get something special. It sounds like fun, but I have to ask.

Did I miss it or has anyone asked If there is a Shroud of The Tal'Keesh. Will it say Replica on it? I'm one of the few people that actually earned one of them and I would be heartbroken if my very unique rare was ruined.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its really not a big deal. I mean I like the idea of giving the average player more power. I mean I'm not one of the elite rich but I do have top notch suits for all my pvpers and perfect luck lrc suit for my tamer (all this without the faction arties!!!) I like the idea of having the average player being able to compete with me. I think that these along with the faction items will really help people get into pvp and will be much fun for everyone.

K

Katlene

well im certainly looking forward to this. definitly spiked my interest to go back to spawns again.