• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champion Spawns Additions

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, sounds good, seems good, too good. New stuff nice! sounds like working the spawn can be well worth it. It will keep me entertained till SA sounds like.

S

sapphirediablo11

You can find images of most of the items in that list here:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=99349
the funny thing is i have most of those items, sadly i know that they are duped now since i didn't back check before getting them poop :(

Ohh i can't wait to see a new people doing these to get the items... although shouldn't fel have 0.1-1.0 since there has always been the sucky and good in there or am i the only one feeling it?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A timer was considered but we dropped the idea simply because the scrolls you get are totally random and you won't get dubs in Trammel ruleset. Assuming you were in the most improbable situation where you systematically got 1.0 taming scrolls, you would still need 70 of them to go from 50 to 120. Even if you farmed the living daylight out of Tram spawns, considering the best you can get is 0.5, we would still be looking at 140 SoT taming scrolls. So I'm not overly concerned there.

The randomness of the Alacrity scrolls is a good example of what kind of skill drops you can expect.

This is meant as a permanent addition to champ spawns. Not a temporary one.
When will "Set [SKILL] [VALUE]" start working on production shards?
How about "Give Arties"?

I guess the good thing is the Ultima Online grind will be over with... :x

Also want to place a bet with me in how long it'll take me to gain enough of these new scrolls to finish a complete character from 50/50? I just deleted two characters a week or so ago out of boredom. :X.

One week!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My big concern was that with all the overpowered items, eventually they'd raise the maximum resists and destroy all the work I just got done doing with all my character's suits. However, if the uber items aren't "permanent" and you have to constantly farm them, then I'm not too concerned. No one will use it on their character's suits permanently and it'll hopefully just be, as I said, used as a museum 'neat to look at' thing. I'd make a cool-looking banksitter to sell my items, or dress up my vendors...
The pattern the game's moving in isn't increasing the caps on anything, but rather creating new ways and different options for people to reach the caps.

The problem is that, given infinite time, we'll eventually have every character with every cap, but all with completely different set-ups to get there. (And is that really even a problem per se? If everyone has everything, then it becomes almost all about player skill.)

The good thing though is that there isn't infinite time, and the mathematical odds of having everything on one suit just don't seem that good.

There will, however, be more characters with more stats that are closer to the cap of more stats.

When AoS came out it was hard to imagine an all 70s suit, at least it was for me. Then it was hard to imagine a suit with 60s resists and high LMC, and 100% LRC, etc. etc.

So far I view these changes as positive.

:)

-Galen's player

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also some of the faction items have durability but don't even go down... What's going to make us believe these new replicas durability is going to function correctly... lol...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

-Galen's player
Right because people just afk macro skills up nowadays anyway.
Instead of stopping the cheating, they are just making it not necessary to cheat anymore.
Hand out dupes... and skill points. All in one publish.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I don't see any other way really.... Make it legal or make it better to do it the legal way.

I

IRS

We arent supposed to mention that the game is unplayable due to all the lag in this thread? It only seems fitting that as they add more **** for them to know there is too damn much lag to enjoy any of it.

S

sapphirediablo11

The only bad thing i see about comming in the future is... in luna...

100M 40-12 instantly in skill XYZ woohoo!! but other than that... all is good i like how this is going... plus if they raise the caps... my suit is all 100's anyways so i feel safe :D

Now i ask again :O will there be a some sort of item to acompany these so that you can tell the history of the item for some of those who care about that?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I don't see any other way really.... Make it legal or make it better to do it the legal way.
Or they could have done what they should have YEARS ago...

Make progressing in the game fit into NORMAL gameplay.

Taming 10000+ animals just to tame/release/kill is NOT normal lol.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pattern the game's moving in isn't increasing the caps on anything, but rather creating new ways and different options for people to reach the caps.

The problem is that, given infinite time, we'll eventually have every character with every cap, but all with completely different set-ups to get there. (And is that really even a problem per se? If everyone has everything, then it becomes almost all about player skill.)

The good thing though is that there isn't infinite time, and the mathematical odds of having everything on one suit just don't seem that good.

There will, however, be more characters with more stats that are closer to the cap of more stats.

When AoS came out it was hard to imagine an all 70s suit, at least it was for me. Then it was hard to imagine a suit with 60s resists and high LMC, and 100% LRC, etc. etc.

-Galen's player
Yup! I agree :) I like that maybe not everyone will be running the exact same stuff :) Which will make it fun to see what combos of what will give you different stuff.

R

Rathma

Instead of stopping the cheating, they are just making it not necessary to cheat anymore.
Yes but what about those who don't cheat? What about those that actually have done the grind for skills legitimately? What about those who went to these events and did their duty to collect these rare items for their museums or characters? Yes there's dupes and yes there's cheaters but why penalize the people who have done the hard work and seen it just tossed away to the average joe?

S

sapphirediablo11

We arent supposed to mention that the game is unplayable due to all the lag in this thread? It only seems fitting that as they add more **** for them to know there is too damn much lag to enjoy any of it.
Lag is fixxed for me, and Blah what a waste to say

There are alot of changes that are occurring atm so i believe that people should not be negative but positive so that the workers will get the job done faster since they do not have to read a message board about everyones little worries ....

S

sapphirediablo11

Yes but what about those who don't cheat? What about those that actually have done the grind for skills legitimately? What about those who went to these events and did their duty to collect these rare items for their museums or characters? Yes there's dupes and yes there's cheaters but why penalize the people who have done the hard work and seen it just tossed away to the average joe?
[Replica] very important word :O since it has it items will still be rare.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Replica] very important word :O since it has it items will still be rare.
The items have the same properties, same colors... It just has a tag stamped on it...

Over the past years lately have you ever watched the impact they have had on some of the old past rares with some of thier additions? I guess not :x

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You missed the sarcasm in my post. I am one of those people. Never cheated, never used any 3rd party apps besides uo assist and uo automap. Showed up at the em events and got the items all legitimately.
Which is why I posted the way I did.
It was meant to be read in a negative way, not a positive one.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am bit hesitant about the addition of scrolls to raise skills. As a rule of thumb, what seems unlikely today will probably become likely given time in Ultima Online (as in life). As long as that is acceptable it is ok but I would not rely on it staying unlikely. If not by natural ways, there is always a chance of a new dupe. Something to keep in mind.

Otherwise, I really like the attempt to infuse fresh life into spawns. Fact that they are not repairable ad infinitum is a nice touch too.

S

sapphirediablo11

The items have the same properties, same colors... It just has a tag stamped on it...

Over the past years lately have you ever watched the impact they have had on some of the old past rares with some of thier additions? I guess not :x
But look at the old em blackthorns kryss that there is only one of... now look at the vesper replica... 400m or 4m... there seems to be a bit of a difference if you ask me... although i could be wrong since i've never been a numbers person...

Will there be an item that also comes along that tells the history of the item you recived?? or can that just be added at some place like the Skara brea community center... a book of history that explains the history of all of the items that are there :O

U

UOKaiser

Very nice addition finaly they are useful. Some more fun to be had.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But look at the old em blackthorns kryss that there is only one of... now look at the vesper replica... 400m or 4m... there seems to be a bit of a difference if you ask me... although i could be wrong since i've never been a numbers person...
Most all of these event items were mass duped and lost the majority of thier value. Take the Lt. Guard Sash for example selling into the 200 mils recently because of recent actions by EA etc.

Why will people want to even collect the "real" (duped) deal when they can get a replica of it and know it's 100% safe and legit? They're not.

Not only that basically EA just took a major shortcut in dealing with all the major dupes that have ruined all those items, and led to this!

R

Rathma

You missed the sarcasm in my post. I am one of those people. Never cheated, never used any 3rd party apps besides uo assist and uo automap. Showed up at the em events and got the items all legitimately.
Which is why I posted the way I did.
It was meant to be read in a negative way, not a positive one.
Then I apologize, I must of misread. I just don't agree on what's going to possibly happen, I hope this isn't a 100% yet.

S

sapphirediablo11

Oh i took into though that they are going to take all the duped ones and make then Replicas also my bad :| soryr about that :O

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter, unless the drop rate is very high, don't you think that a powerfarming guild would be able to max out their skills more quickly in other ways?

It will be interesting to see what people make of them - I can certainly see myself poking around the lower end of Ilshenar spawns a lot more commonly.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is gonna be nuts. PvP is already gimp as hell. lol

Oh man, hehe well, two things from me. First off, these items are just going to keep the poor PvPers on the bottom, and having them in Trammel/Ilsh means they are going to be camped 24/7, so even if the drop rate is low, they're going to flood the market.

So what is the purpose? Is this an anti-dupe situation to try and make the items less valuable by spamming them? I really don't understand why they are being added.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Then I apologize, I must of misread. I just don't agree on what's going to possibly happen, I hope this isn't a 100% yet.
No problem I should have posted "/sarcasm" like I usually do.

Next we will get 1M gold checks dropping randomly in our bags when we kill monsters... probably a higher % in Fel to attract some players.
See, that way all those dupers gold will decrease in value (what is it now 65 cents per mil?)!
/sarcasm

Where's the shard wide ban on all these dupers? Where's the deletion of gold they "earned" selling these dupes? This should go hand and hand with a publish like this no?

S

sapphirediablo11

Flutter, unless the drop rate is very high, don't you think that a powerfarming guild would be able to max out their skills more quickly in other ways?

It will be interesting to see what people make of them - I can certainly see myself poking around the lower end of Ilshenar spawns a lot more commonly.
well you gain skills when doing the spawn and you gain skills from the scrolls it will make gaining alot faster :D

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When killing the champion, players who worked the spawn will have a chance of receiving a special reward. If none of the people who worked the spawn are present on the subserver when the boss dies, one of the top attackers will randomly be given the reward.
So which is it? Is there only 1 reward for the top attacker or is there multiple rewards for the champ? I'm not going to go on and on but top attacker is a bad system as it leads to the same person getting the reward every time. One day I hope to see that concept identified as bad.

S

sapphirediablo11

Yup. Like I said before, I hope this isnt' 100% yet.
Well if they did what they did with vine cords to every other em rare, then just make anything that carries its code from now on, it will have the replica tag... that would be nice :D

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Depends on the skill of course. In the mean time they/we/everyone will be stockpiling these scrolls for future use. Or selling them for millions to people who lack the skill to pvm.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well...

Why would you do it another way?

When you you get the following:

These new skills that gain skills.
Powerscrolls
Skulls for harrowers
New "special" items.
Possibly some pvp

I think they just made way TOO many items focused onto one system.

If they continue thier current trend what are they going to do? You wither a group of slimes/rats and you get a commodity deed in your pack. Oh lucky for you it was a rare valorite ingot deed of 250 ingots and has a nice engraving on it that says "Thank you for shopping at despise, please come again!"

S

sapphirediablo11

So which is it? Is there only 1 reward for the top attacker or is there multiple rewards for the champ? I'm not going to go on and on but top attacker is a bad system as it leads to the same person getting the reward every time. One day I hope to see that concept identified as bad.
No it leads to the tamer always getting the item... but i think it is.. only for raided situations, if you raid someone that they have worked all that time for the item, and you jsut walk in and take it.. then noting, but then if you work all the way you have a chance to pick it up... or something like that hehe

S

sapphirediablo11

selling them for millions to people who lack the skill to pvm.
PvPers eat your heart out... i think that they will be mad about this one, since it doesn't only focus on them :|

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No it leads to the tamer always getting the item... but i think it is.. only for raided situations, if you raid someone that they have worked all that time for the item, and you jsut walk in and take it.. then noting, but then if you work all the way you have a chance to pick it up... or something like that hehe
Guaranteed I will outdamage ANY tamer in this entire game for top damage dealer :X.

U

Urk of LS

Pardon my ignorance, But I just want to clairify something. You only get a chance at a SoT if you kill the Champ in Tram rulesets? Whereas you get either a 105 PS of a SoT from killing normal Champ Spawn Critters in the Fel ruleset?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Pardon my ignorance, But I just want to clairify something. You only get a chance at a SoT if you kill the Champ in Tram rulesets? Whereas you get either a 105 PS of a SoT from killing normal Champ Spawn Critters in the Fel ruleset?
Sounds backwards doesn't it? You read correctly.

R

Rathma

Well first the faction items came in and are basically handed to people. Why goto Doom and spend hours for undergraded artifacts when you just put ur characters into factions for faster and better artifacts? Hence you can just get a friend (or ur other account) and put them into factions and get free kill points (which are needed for faction rank) and nonetheless the items are very cheap, 5k silver? 20mins of farming for 1 item.

Then all the people that actually put all their effort into making the $ and grinding which ever way they choose to, in game or their local 'brokers' are still grinding to make that money. But those who don't give a rats ... get all the items everyone else has by just playing the game and being cool at the bank.

S

sapphirediablo11

makes sense i mean, fel now has a chance to have 2 items and tram now only has 1 it still makes fel ahead...

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guaranteed I will outdamage ANY tamer in this entire game for top damage dealer :X.
*nods*
Tamers aren't the high damage dealers.

S

sapphirediablo11

*nods*
Tamers aren't the high damage dealers.
hrmm seems odd, my tamer can solo most spawns, and when in groups does maybe 1/5 the damage... maybe i'm just an overpowered tamer.. and why i don't use it much anymore :|

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well first the faction items came in and are basically handed to people. Why goto Doom and spend hours for undergraded artifacts when you just put ur characters into factions for faster and better artifacts? Hence you can just get a friend (or ur other account) and put them into factions and get free kill points (which are needed for faction rank) and nonetheless the items are very cheap, 5k silver? 20mins of farming for 1 item.

Then all the people that actually put all their effort into making the $ and grinding which ever way they choose to, in game or their local 'brokers' are still grinding to make that money. But those who don't give a rats ... get all the items everyone else has by just playing the game and being cool at the bank.

yea! God forbid they actually put items in an item based game... :coco:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*to those complaining to devs about lag, they are devs, not network admins*

I like these additions. I don't see them as being overpowered because of farmers because there are many skills in this game. The chances of getting 10 taming scrolls each being 1.0 is very unlikely. You would have to be uncannily lucky to get that in one day. Fel is .5-1.0 alogn with chances 1 out of a number of skills. So no, no one might be that lucky. Will probably end up with many camping scrolls, lmao.

As for the replicas of old rares...please. The big reason people are unhappy is the rare value. They want to be the only ones with these items. The fact that the real ones wont have replica on them should be enough. And rare hunters will look for the ones without replica stamped on them. With the game being this old, people need to move beyond vanity for pixels in this game. Plus, it's not like they are destroying the messed up economy in this game anyways. We need to remember the goal is to attract more players to this game.

S

sapphirediablo11

yea! God forbid they actually put items in and item based game...
it is only an item base game because of AoS and vets still complain about it... i do sometimes, but then get over it since i can't do anythign about it nor can anyone else.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are you balancing non-PoFable items between melee jobs who obviously take alot of damage, ranged attack jobs who take limited dammage and tamer who takes no damage at all? Finally, why do you even have PoF at all if you dislike it so?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea! God forbid they actually put items in and item based game...

Would you want to goto college and work for something like lets say your masters for a year or two, get done, and see it being handed out to new people who haven't spent the time, worked as hard, done as good etc. I'm sure you would love it. But hey, it's alright because that's what kind of world we're in right?!

S

sapphirediablo11

Would you want to goto college and work for something like lets say your masters for a year or two, get done, and see it being handed out to new people who haven't spent the time, worked as hard, done as good etc. I'm sure you would love it. But hey, it's alright because that's what kind of world we're in right?!
check and mate

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are you balancing non-PoFable items between melee jobs who obviously take alot of damage, ranged attack jobs who take limited dammage and tamer who takes no damage at all? Finally, why do you even have PoF at all if you dislike it so?
The funny thing is the code they use that puts damage onto an items durability don't work correctly on the items like rings, bracelets, "aprons" (clothes) & talismans...

So they're basically adding in more items with intent that they will break & decay over time, when they really won't. (Take a look at your faction crystalline... It hasen't lost durability like your Spirit of the Totem has it?).