• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champion Spawns Additions

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me too. I'm curious if Regine is going to tarnish a perfectly good system by pandering to the pvp crowd.
Considering Doom arties are now obsolete, what is in demand and exclusive to the other 85% that dont do BODs and script for runics? A new set of Peerless is badly need, as PvMers havent had any love since ML was released.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering Doom arties are now obsolete, what is in demand and exclusive to the other 85% that dont do BODs and script for runics? A new set of Peerless is badly need, as PvMers havent had any love since ML was released.
I dunno if I'd say that. Major systems havn't been added to the game since ML, period. Whether they be pvp or pvm. There have been tweaks here and there but most new content teeters to the pvm side. Even this isn't a major system in any respect. They are finally using the system they began so many years ago to more of it's potential finally. Even if the mistake is made to give the harrower all the goodies both playstyles will benefit.

A

AesSedai

They are finally using the system they began so many years ago to more of it's potential finally.
- That is the first thing I wanted to compliment Sakkarah on, regarding this addition. Just like the recent faction action developments, I love that they are releasing more of some of UO's preexisting systems' potentials. I wanted to say as much when this thread was born; but I hesitated.
Improve the foundation rather than slapping on faulty towers.

D

Dirty Mindz

So what are these crimson dragons?

How bout the "invasions" for factions

Or the whole "ricardo" crap

Better yet "black rock"

Cmon dude, think before you talk. tramies get all the love in the game. Pvpers rarely get updates, they add "greater" dragons to the game, now anyone with +30 jewels, and a adv char token can go out and pvp...

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering Doom arties are now obsolete
I just had to challenge this point....The prices have gone down to be sure, but to call Doom artifacts obsolete is, at least on my home shard of LS, simply in correct.

The orni still sells for 12m on average (I sell for 6m because I've always tried to sell for about half of any item's accepted value most of the time), the Jackal's
Collar still sells for 2m to 4m or more....The "lower end" artifacts will still sell for at least the price of a gold skull or two at least, oftentimes more.

Sure their sale value has diminished but....Nothing that still sells for millions should be called obsolete. No one's buying, say, the Blade of Insanity (anywhere from 450k to 2m) for deco.

-Galen's player

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is not possible because of test and Origin. I would love to be surprised when something comes out but everything has to be tested by QA(the players) before the problems are ignored and it's published anyway.
It is possible. If players want to go farm the champs so much to discover everything, let them. That would take hundreds. If they only reveal what Oaks drops it is still going to take at least a week, probably longer, to find out what everything else drops.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SA is pretty much going to be "PvM love" as you put it.

Felucca has had no significant changes since Pub 16.

I would not call the current factions changes or the proposed champ spawns changes "significant" They are merely additions/fixes for current systems.

A significant change would be a dueling system.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SA is pretty much going to be "PvM love" as you put it.

Felucca has had no significant changes since Pub 16.

I would not call the current factions changes or the proposed champ spawns changes "significant" They are merely additions/fixes for current systems.

A significant change would be a dueling system.
Let's not forget that SA is going to have a significant PvP portion too...Parts of the new map are going to be Felucca rules.

So really it's "love" for both.

-Galen's player

S

sapphirediablo11

Let's not forget that SA is going to have a significant PvP portion too...Parts of the new map are going to be Felucca rules.

So really it's "love" for both.

-Galen's player
But it isn't ONLY fel, so everyone has to complain :| it gets really annoying these pointless this suck, that sucks tram/fel wars :|

S

sapphirediablo11

SA won't be out before Christmas. I believe 57 will be out before Christmas.

SA isn't in beta yet, so it will probably be a while yet.
SA eta 2009 sometime in there lol

The next patch should be out soon i hope hehe i want to start champion spawn item collections!