• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another insurance proposal

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So because you raised your skill points you earned the right to my items ???
I think not ...... And admit it allready , you may not , but 90%+ of the thiefs would run naked and steal with no risk what so ever.....
This is why he ignores the risk vs rewards questions that theives have on regular production shards.

He has no rebuttal to it!! that is other than: la

Funny how the skill was nerfed to oblivion yet he thinks they should be brought back and that theives have just as much risk as regular players when the theif can run around naked with nothing in his pack and steal at will with nothing to lose if they fail.

Oh Ya, he said they have the item they stole to lose :coco:

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just bump insuance to 10,000 per item in Fel and you get the gold sink everyone wants. and a few weeks you will have people runing around with no insuance.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lets see...

reasons given:

risk vs. reward as per my experience on seige
i came back to this game to find my char is worthless
thieves arent able to make money
there is nothing to steal beyond powerscrolls and rares
there is nothing to steal
there is nothing to steal besides bandies, pots, and sigils
there is nothing to steal beyond uninsured items'
i came back to find that all I could steal were artifacts
i cant effectively play my remplate like I can on seige
I cant effective make others mad in fel anymore
theives cant have nice stuff (yes...its there...go look!)

Do I really need to go on? Perhaps you should go peruse some of these for yourself instead of jsut replying just to reply. If you havent figured it out by now I tend to respond harshly only to ******** threads or *special people*. I did have a tendency to link you to the former, but after this morning I tend to look at you as the latter.
How about...

Crafters, once a big draw to the game, useless with insurance.
Game now has to be designed on an ever increasing power scale, leading to stupid things like super dragons.
An item "end game" is created when a player cannot improve thier suit unless above is the design plan.
The gap between new players and old players is massive.

Ever think of these things? Dont think these issues are valid? I'm sure you have more people to call "********" and thus are too busy to actually consider why insurance hurts the game.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not saying the same thing at all. Vanqs might not have been seen back in the day but they were rare too. Did you know that a Smith with a DC hammer can make a weapon that outstrips a Vanq in base damage. There would be suitable weapons and armor still available just not of the quality standard the PvP community has come to expect, that is another way of pointing out the same flaw I mentioned before...There are alternatives but you expect your 500mil suit to be the there for PvP. You expect it but does that mean you are entitled to it? No those are two separate things, but by all means wear that 500mil suit uninsured in Fel, if it was changed to be Insurance free, I wouldn't care, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.
First off to compare a DC hammer to a vanq weapon is incorrect in terms of todays game. it would be more like the some of the crazy weapons that Val Hammers can make.

And actually they were not quite that rare, but the ones that were eminently accurate or higher and especially silver were more rare, but again you think they were more rare than they actually where because no one ever showed them in fear of losing them. Think about it, even at a bank if you put it in your hand one person would macro disarm you, another would insta steal it and a third would loot it off the corpse before you got it back.

And all I am saying is that EA decided to make the game item based, so I had to adapt. During that time I had to build my items to be able to compete in the current unbalanced PvP system. Between my 2 main suits it has cost me well over 500 mill gold.

And yes there are alternatives to wearing a 500+mill gold suit, but those alternatives which im sure you are very familair with is a quick death in PvP.

Really then justify Power Scrolls and 2x Resources being in Fel...The Developers have even came out and said that the basis is Risk vs Reward, you may not have asked for it but you accepted it when you went to Felucca. Once again your feeling your entitled to something when you aren't really.
Well we got power scrolls you got artifacts. If double resources were that much help you would see people farm in Fel more than the 1 or 2 people that do.

Also the risk does not involve losing all your main items it involves losing resources or the power scrolls themselves, which it very different.

But thanks for responding :)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lack of content being provided for the thief is to blame.

Why the lack of content?
I can only speculate. lol perhaps its the difficulty in finding a balance for anti-social behavior that can be accepted by today's player.
Anti-Soclial behaviour is consistent with Felucca Culture. Inherently that is exactly what PvP is. Regardless if it is manifested in Thief vs Detective, Good vs Evil.

It is when any of the Play Styles cross a Line that they become THE PROBLEM and has focused a 100MegaWatt Spotlight on themselves saying NERF ME.

The Line that is crossed, is when the action is NOT ENTERTAINMENT for all parties. The degree that it is NOT ENTERTAINMENT (meaning Bah I was neither entertained nor was I griefed to I was GRIEF'D GET RID OF THEM to I WAS ENTERTAINED KEEP EM) is an indicator of just how hard they are going to get their butt's kicked by the UO TEAM.

I assume that Rico, Jack etc are smart people and know better than advocate a Theif Play Style that will let the Sins of the Past be Replayed out.

Thieves have a Mount Everest sitting between them and what they want. It manifest itself in the form of people read Thief, think the Naked Bank Thieves of Old (Steal, bank next victim) and say Thieves are Griefers. There WERE many thieves that did NOT fall into that catagory. They were as much a victim as the Marks were. They shot themselves in the Foot by NOT WORKING WITH THE UO TEAM TO STOP THE GREIFING. By being Silent (Silence implies consent) on the BAD thieves activities. BUT that was yesterday, the bad old days, have we not grown? Can we not learn from our mistakes?

I assume that Winchkin, O2BAVR6 are smart people and know better than to advocate a PvP Play Style that will let the Sins of the Past be Replayed out.

But what I really really like here is Felucca Players are talking to Felucca Players on how to make Felucca better FROM A PLAY STYLE PERSPECTIVE.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about...

Game now has to be designed on an ever increasing power scale, leading to stupid things like super dragons.
An item "end game" is created when a player cannot improve thier suit unless above is the design plan.

Ever think of these things? Dont think these issues are valid? I'm sure you have more people to call "********" and thus are too busy to actually consider why insurance hurts the game.
You are actually quite right here.

The way to fix it though would be to return the game to a skill based game not an item based game.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No, because I raised those skills, I have earned the right to try and take those items. There are so many factors at play, it's hard to list them all. To think a thief gets away all the time is a flawed premise...la
I'll list some of them...If there was no insurance this is how a thief would need to be built to be able to sneak up on people, steal and escape on Prodo Shards, this is minimum.

100 Stealing --> Duh
100 Hiding --> once again Duh
75 Stealth --> bare minimum to pass checks while stealthing 100%
110 Ninjitsu --> See Notes Below
100 Snooping --> So you don't reveal on a failed snoop
60 Chiv or Magery --> Transport and minor healing ability

545 Skill points dedicated to mobility, stealth, and stealing, leaving 175 points left. Most I know would put the remainder in Resisting Spells to avoid para ganking (175-120 = 55) Tell me how big a threat 55 points in a weapon skill is?

Ninjitsu is a necessity on a modern thief on a prodo Shard. On Siege you don't really need it but it's nice. But on standard Shards you have to contend with passive Reveal, I have another character besides my Thief with 120 stealth and 100 hiding, Passive Reveal effects him as much as on my Thief who's got 100 hiding 75 Stealth. There is only one means to get around Passive Reveal and that's Shadow Jump. Ninjitsu is the life blood of modern day Fel prodo shard Thieves. It's the only means to insure we can even get close enough to Snoop your pack without being detected. If you know we're there are you going to stand around and let us Steal?

If we're stealthing Push Through someone we get revealed, if we stealth past certain NPC's we get a portion of the time. Elves have a higher % to Passive Reveal us than Humans.

Players can make Packs 100% thief proof. Just because there is something to steal doesn't mean we can get to it to steal it.

Stealing engages a timer the same as Flagging by attacking a player. For a period even if we don't flag criminal we can't recall or make use of Moongates, nor can we enter houses.

After Stealing we can't hide right away unless we use Invis pots and those have a delay. Hiding via the skill can't be done until the skill timer from stealing wear ticks off, giving you ample time to chase us down.

You can't go from Running to Hidden to Stealth without slowing down. If your Chasing us we have to pause or begin walking before, or as we hide then start walking off, yes I can run half the number of steps I can walk between checks while stealthing but not off the first or last movement.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda rare huh :)
As far as I have seen since I returned AND as far as I can remember before I left.

Felucca has never needed to TRICK/CON/SCAM Trammel players into coming to Felucca.

It has always ONLY NEEDED to define a Viable Play Style for Felucca and then Implement it. The MORE viable that play style is, the MORE the Felucca Population will grow.

Viable in this context equals Entertainment/Having Fun.

Rico can steal from me, Winchy can PK me, if I BELIEVE (with good reason) there will/can NOT BE Player Justice, then bank on it, I will not be having fun. Bank on it, they have shot themselves in the foot. This may mean they are victims just as much as me. Meaning we are both victims of a system that is NOT, BY DESIGN (not to be confused with Intentional), ENTERTAINING for everyone, to within reason.

SP and Felucca both suffer the same misconception of themselves.

The population of a Play Style (macro (Felucca, Trammel, SP)) is dictated by the play styles Entertainment Value to the Players of the game. If One is vastly superior to the others that play style will have superior numbers.

This is not really Rocket Science here. If the lower population play style wants to increase their Numbers they need to define their play style to appeal to a greater number of players. They need to first accept/take ownership, that their chosen play style is what is setting the limits on their population.

Then work up from there.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is it about PvP that makes you want to implement these?

How would this help PvP?

Wouldn't it just be more annoying for people in general?

Not to get into a big debate about factions and stat loss, but the biggest gripe that people had with factions was stat loss... err, that is next to the 23 hours of guarding the sigils for 1 hour of fighting. Can you say boring!!

And people wonder why no one does factions.
My original post was regarding insurance and pvp. It had nothing to do with Thieves. One complaint I see over and over is that large groups dominate the champ spawns. If multiple resurrections start reducing one's stats and resists, then I think that eventually the tide may turn, and those groups, or people who are most successful avoiding dying while pvping will eventually dominate. This will make uber suits less useful for the less accomplished player and make surviving to the end more a measure of skill than a measure of how many guildmates you have around resing you.

D

D'Amavir

Player vs Player usualy requires both players involvment, not the passive involvement of the person who was stolen from.
I am glad to see you admit that. At least one person from the other side can finally admit that there is no such thing as non consensual pvp. Now if we can get more people to admit that we might be onto something.

D

D'Amavir

So you are all for us losing our items that cost us over 500 mill in gold, by removing insurance, and thats ok.. but when we say you may stand to lsoe that much as well, you argue back.

so what is the risk the theif takes? please explain, since I obviously don't understand.
So you admit that insurance completely removes all risk from the game, right? I would agree with that actually, which is why people want to have it removed. So that there can be risk again.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I had addressed the thief issue in my original post it would have been this... If you catch a thief in the process, he should be flagged, turned pink and frozen in place for 30 minutes. Anything in pack should be fair game. There should be no random stealing, and the old tactics would still work such as trapped chests, burying your good stuff under heavy stuff and so on.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My original post was regarding insurance and pvp. It had nothing to do with Thieves. One complaint I see over and over is that large groups dominate the champ spawns. If multiple resurrections start reducing one's stats and resists, then I think that eventually the tide may turn, and those groups, or people who are most successful avoiding dying while pvping will eventually dominate. This will make uber suits less useful for the less accomplished player and make surviving to the end more a measure of skill than a measure of how many guildmates you have around resing you.
I understand, but I think that in reality the big guilds would still win becuase they pretty much already control the spawns and are usualy better at PvP anyway.

I may be wrong but I think in the end it would penalize the smaller or less skilled guilds. Just MHO.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you admit that insurance completely removes all risk from the game, right? I would agree with that actually, which is why people want to have it removed. So that there can be risk again.
I don't dispute this at all, but I do say that if they are going to do it, the game should be reverted to a skill based game and not an item based game.

Think about how long it took some people to get an Orni. Imagine if the first time they heppen to go to fel and run around, go to despise and no one is in there and then head to the star room. Then they cross the bridge and enter the moongate to the staroom and ooops, client crash. In the mean time, I happen to walk in a moment later and see this person standing there, kill them and loot them dry. Do yo suppose the dead person had any fun?

I'm not sure if you played years ago when there was stat loss, but I know very many Reds who ended up dead because of loosing network connection.

I rememeber one day I walked into Destard enterance and there was a corpse of some guy there. I opened it up and he had a full suit of Invulnerablilty armor, which was top of the line back in 1997/98. Do you suppose he was happy and said well the risk is worth the reward?

At least back then you didnt need the Invul armor to compete, GM armor was just fine.

With the game being itme based and just to many factors that can cause you to lose connection, increasing risk for reward just doesnt make sense.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, I am a believer that in risk vs reward, the reward is something that you get from loot on monsters and the risk is the being able to get that loot before a pker kills you.

The pkers reward is killing the blue, his risk is that the blue may kill him.

People seem to think that red were rampant before Tram, and it jsut isn't so.

In any dungeon there would be 20 blues to 1 red almost every time.

You would see 2 reds enter a dungeon and everyone would recall out!! Like 2 reds could kill 20 blues. It used to drive me nuts to be the only one left fighting the reds.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I had addressed the thief issue in my original post it would have been this... If you catch a thief in the process, he should be flagged, turned pink and frozen in place for 30 minutes. Anything in pack should be fair game. There should be no random stealing, and the old tactics would still work such as trapped chests, burying your good stuff under heavy stuff and so on.

The main problem with theives in Fel is that they can steal from Reds and not be flagged in some way to them.

I have also seem theives steal from blues in town and even when the person who they stole from calls guards, nothing happens.

So I say again what is the risk that the theif takes for such great reward?

This is also something that Rico seems to leave out when he talks about bringing theives back.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please tell us how we can protect ourselves?
Theives can random steal, so if I only have one item in my pack there is a very good chance you will steal it.
If I try to cover it up with many items, didn't they change the stealing to where you will steal the more expensive item vs a death robe as example?

Please tell us what the thiefs risk is vs his reward? Other than death. You seem to ignore this part ever time. Why is that?

Some old methods:

Defense against random theft :
Weight limit for 120 stealing is 12 stones if I remember correctly. If you dump your stuff into a container that's over 13 stones, it can't be stolen. Leave only worthless stuff, newbified or even "bait" items in your main pack.

Defense against targetted theft :
Instead of using cloth or spellbooks to cover, which doesn't always work, buy alot of similar containers, eg pouches and stack them nicely in a corner. Use UOA to open your loot pack. Because snoopers can't see the weight of your containers, this will work even if using thieves can use a grid backpack in KR.

If you suspect that you have been snooped, hiding yourself will force close your backup gump from appearing on the thief's screen.

There are even more variations of the above methods.

Just giving Rico some challenge lah

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about...

crafters are worthless? thats odd...seems I made enough money to peice together a couple of uber mage suits by selling armor peices over the years.

not sure what game you have been playing but the gap between new players and old players is always going to be large. we are talking about a game where 10 years or more can serperate a new player and a vet...thats a HUGE learning curve to make up for. in regards to these *uber suits*...jealous much? i spent 2 years building my last suit...i should be able to wear it without being the subject of someone elses fit of jealousy crying about how they dont have anything nice.

There is a huge difference between saying a thread is ******** and calling someone ********. and no, I dont think insurance is an issue here...its straight up people being jealous over not having what the next guy does.
things are going to change anyway soon item wise with the advent of inbuing, so why complain? To complain about insurance now with new items changes coming IS ********.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the thing...we can't steal items that are equipt. I keep hearing that players lose millions of gold suits to thieves. I want to know how. Last time I checked, a thief can't disarm another players gloves or tunic...la
sleight of hand again with the crowd eh rico? a good thief would identify what he wants from his target in a non insured world and then wait for them to get PKed so that they can steal what they want off the body and scamper off. as a long time thief you know this VERY well, and its just like a thief to leave this part out of the discussion.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good thief wold know you can't steal off a corpse, especially when the corpse is surrounded by a bunch of pks...la

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
crafters are almost useless now in a community sense of the game, because so many veteran players have their own crafters.
So no need to rely on somebody else for this, insurance or not.

Insurance - I like insurance, because I lost a few times all my stuff in the pre AoS stage due to situations beyond my control (like lost Internet connection or an unpretty and unannounced change in the spawn).
On Siege - a shard without insurance - I can live as well. But I never would carry the new shiny armor from the Spring Cleaning outside only to loose it to the first PK on my peaceful ways ... this is kind of limiting.
Maybe would have been different, if the values of spring cleaning point pricing on Siege would have been divided by 10 or 50.

*Salute*
Olahorand

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good thief wold know you can't steal off a corpse, especially when the corpse is surrounded by a bunch of pks...la
Rico you still havent addressed what the Risk is for a theif on the 25 shards other than SP and Mung if they removed insurance... la la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They risk is losing everything they are wearing, have in their pack, and worst of all, they risk losing the item they just "earned" from some other players pack...la

R

Remy_of_GOR

Rico you still havent addressed what the Risk is for a theif on the 25 shards other than SP and Mung if they removed insurance... la la
ill help him. the same risk everyone else has. full suit of armor, reagents if a mage, bandies if a healer. any weapon if they have a weapon skill.

risks that exceed all other playstyles:fully lootable in tram. can be murdered with no consequence.

can a thief operate nekkid? sure, but so can every other template.

also, the griefer thieves arent the ones here asking for a return. they never left. they just went on griefing in some other fashion. the banishing of the true thief did nothing to stop grief, or have you not paid attention around here?

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They risk is losing everything they are wearing, have in their pack, and worst of all, they risk losing the item they just "earned" from some other players pack...la
There is no risk if your pack is empty and you are naked.

Yet you are still able to use your template to it's fullest advantage that way.

Sorry No Risk for you... la la

edit:

You may want to look up the defenition of "earned". Imagine in a court of law, "but your honor, I earned the money I stole from the bank"
This is why it's called STEALING, not earning. If it was, the skill would be called "Earned"... la la la

earned (gained or acquired; especially through merit or as a result of effort or action) "a well-earned reputation for honesty"; "earned income"; "an earned run in baseball"

There is no effort to the action of clicking an item in a pack as opposed to the 1000's of hours somone has put in to "earn" a val hammer.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ill help him. the same risk everyone else has. full suit of armor, reagents if a mage, bandies if a healer. any weapon if they have a weapon skill.

risks that exceed all other playstyles:fully lootable in tram. can be murdered with no consequence.

can a thief operate nekkid? sure, but so can every other template.

also, the griefer thieves arent the ones here asking for a return. they never left. they just went on griefing in some other fashion. the banishing of the true thief did nothing to stop grief, or have you not paid attention around here?
If a mage is naked and has nothing in his pack his template is not viable.

If a warrior is naked and has no weapon in his hand or in his pack his template is not viable.

If a crafter is naked and has no item in his pack his tempalte is not viable.

as posted above, if a theif is naked and has an empty pack, his template is still viable.

I've never met a theif who wasn't a griefer.... la la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Huge assumption on your part. I don't run around nekkid with an empty pack. I'd like to know how many nekkid thieves are able to get away from groups of 4 or 5 players with the goods they steal. Me, personally, I do it all the time. How? With decent armor and jewelry. When in the field, I typically run around with healing, so I do carry enchanted bandies, mage regs, apples, petals, trapped crate, and a vast array of items I gather through the evening.

So for you to try and tell me how I play, seems rather foolish...la

C

Connor_Graham

Really?

Well, if that's the case, would you please explain how my crafting vendor has over 50mil on it?

Unless you consider 50mil to be useless. If THAT'S the case, then I'll gladly take your useless millions off your hands. I'm sure I can figure out something to do with it...

rolleyes:

R

Remy_of_GOR

except for the ease at which you die with no armor.

you ask for risk, then deny it to be what it is. you assume your armor is more of a risk than mine. you assume your regs are more of a risk than mine. your items are worth no more than any player's items in the game.

although, i'll bite. since you are using an example from four years ago, i will do the same. i remember naked dexers with noobed weapons or faction blessed vanq axes. i remember naked mages with minimal regs. my bard ran naked, she would never get touched, so no need for any armor/healing devices.

R

Remy_of_GOR

as posted above, if a theif is naked and has an empty pack, his template is still viable.
do me a favor. log onto your dexer. insure your weapon. take off all of your armor and dont carry anything else. go fight in fel and see how long your template is viable.

K

Kith Kanan

No, because I raised those skills, I have earned the right to try and take those items. There are so many factors at play, it's hard to list them all. To think a thief gets away all the time is a flawed premise...la
Rico m8 , he only needs to get away once , and tbh no amount of skill points invested gives you the right to try to take any of my items nuff said....

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huge assumption on your part. I don't run around nekkid with an empty pack. I'd like to know how many nekkid thieves are able to get away from groups of 4 or 5 players with the goods they steal. Me, personally, I do it all the time. How? With decent armor and jewelry. When in the field, I typically run around with healing, so I do carry enchanted bandies, mage regs, apples, petals, trapped crate, and a vast array of items I gather through the evening.

So for you to try and tell me how I play, seems rather foolish...la
The point is you CAN use your template naked and the skill is open to too much griefing.

I will say it again. What is to stop this scenario: 3 naked theives in town, first theif disarms an uber weapon from a person, (thief gets guard whacked), second theif has his macro set to insta steal the weapon from the person, (thief gets guard whacked), third theif loots weapon with a script off of the corpse?

ANd just because you say you chose to wear armor, doesnt mean you have to, for your tamplate to be 100% viable.

Again there is No RISK..la la

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
although, i'll bite. since you are using an example from four years ago, i will do the same. i remember naked dexers with noobed weapons or faction blessed vanq axes. i remember naked mages with minimal regs. my bard ran naked, she would never get touched, so no need for any armor/healing devices.
Many years ago the game was skill based not item based. So replacing GM made armor was easy.

90% of all people used GM armor and weapons, unlike today where the game is item based.

Look at it this way. If EA/Mythic thought the theif template was a good idea then why did they nerf it into oblivion?

Think about it.

C

Connor_Graham

Yep...I do. All those lovely checks sitting in your house/bank. W00t, now that's high adventure...la
I don't recall asking you, but since you feel that way, I'll meet you on Siege so you can give your gold to me.

And btw......the adventure was in GETTING the gold, not in where it's sitting atm. I would have thought you'd have known that.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do me a favor. log onto your dexer. insure your weapon. take off all of your armor and dont carry anything else. go fight in fel and see how long your template is viable.
Do me a favor and tell me how a warrior can defend himself against a thief in town under this scenario?

repost:
3 naked theives in town, first theif disarms an uber weapon from a person, (thief gets guard whacked), second theif has his macro set to insta steal the weapon from the person, (thief may get guard whacked), third theif loots weapon with a script off of the corpse?

R

Remy_of_GOR

The point is you CAN use your template naked and the skill is open to too much griefing.

I will say it again. What is to stop this scenario: 3 naked theives in town, first theif disarms an uber weapon from a person, (thief gets guard whacked), second theif has his macro set to insta steal the weapon from the person, (thief gets guard whacked), third theif loots weapon with a script off of the corpse?

ANd just because you say you chose to wear armor, doesnt mean you have to, for your tamplate to be 100% viable.

Again there is No RISK..la la
i CAN use my dexer with nothing on my corpse. i CAN use my mage with nothing on my corpse. even without insurance i could. i have too many noobed weapons and regs sitting around for it to not happen. i KNOW there are many others with the same resources.

NO RISK

and if that is the problem for you, lets add a tool we need in our pack to pull off a steal. maybe 'gloves of swiping' or 'regs of collection'. will that give me risk?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Player vs Player usualy requires both players involvment, not the passive involvement of the person who was stolen from.

And I expected that response from you, instead of some actual discussion on it.

I proposed some ways of bringing theives back, albeit at a very risky part to where if you steal and then die you lose your house and bank contents. But I don't see you responding to that.

Remember you said you wanted some more risk vs reward. What is the risk that thieves take under your changes? other than death?

How about a mature discussion on the subject instead of a silly response?
la la

QFT

Based on a perusal of ALL of his previous posts it seems that Rico is unable to discuss thievery in an unbiased manner.

It is of course a joke that anyone would attempt to categorize the thief as a pvper or state that thieves take risk because they can be killed.

How bad does Siege sux that all the 'pvp' thieves crying for help wont even go there to steal to their hearts content?

On one hand they are begging for a ruleset EXACTLY like the one that is currently on Siege yet on the other they are all righteous if you imply that maybe they should uhh pack up and move if they want to play the thief they keep asking for.

Too sad. Why move when you can stay put & whine I guess :(

R

Remy_of_GOR

Do me a favor and tell me how a warrior can defend himself against a thief in town under this scenario?
i said insured weapon, nothing else. one thief wouldnt bother you let alone three.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and if that is the problem for you, lets add a tool we need in our pack to pull off a steal. maybe 'gloves of swiping' or 'regs of collection'. will that give me risk?
I could live with this idea, but the tool would need to be made from a Val hammer and still have the requirement of burning quite a few hammers to get it, just like some of the weapons you would be able to steal.

R

Remy_of_GOR

I could live with this idea, but the tool would need to be made from a Val hammer and still have the requirement of burning quite a few hammers to get it, just like some of the weapons you would be able to steal.
so what your saying is, is that you just dont like the armor i currently wear. because my suit only cost 4mil instead of 500mil, it isnt risk.rolleyes:

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so what your saying is, is that you just dont like the armor i currently wear. because my suit only cost 4mil instead of 500mil, it isnt risk.rolleyes:
You may want to go back to the first post in the thread and re-read all the posts.

Even though the post is on insurance, it diverted to thieves and no insurance.

R

Remy_of_GOR

What part of this whole discussion are you missing (other than all of it) when they say they want to remove insurance?
i was talking about TODAY, so you could see how a nekkid person survives. no good thief runs nekkid in today's uo.

in the future, as i have stated, people would just use their blessed noobed **** or gm gear in fear of losing whatever in pvp. keep your suit for pvming. it would allow NEW players to compete, which they currently dont have a chance of doing.

if you havnt noticed, all the shards are losing players. we need new players to come, and maybe entice some old players to give it a go again. i believe the removal of trammel from felucca would facilitate both needs.