• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another insurance proposal

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you complete a bod you have to drop it on the blacksmith.

WHen you get a reward it ends up in your pack.

So when you get the Val hammer as a reward you are in town and it ends up in your pack.

At that precise moment a thief can steal it.

So how is my logic flawed?
Use of a invis item (ring, bracelet, potion), use the hiding skill, or cast invisibilty. I'm sorry you were not aware of these tactics, but it's actually very easy...la

R

Radun

I missed that one :D

edit:
yes he plays on SP
You should see it, it's great. It's a 2 part episode titled "Go God Go!", from season 10.
You can go to the Comedy Central website to watch it streaming online on-demand, if you live in the USA... If you live in Canada, you can do the same thing on thecomedynetwork.ca
Completely free, and completely legal. :D

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use of a invis item (ring, bracelet, potion), use the hiding skill, or cast invisibilty. I'm sorry you were not aware of these tactics, but it's actually very easy...la
Better yet, we can just stay as we are and not have to deal with you. la la

Regarding the OP, your concept is interesting, what if they made it to where a random item on your character could not be worn for 1 minute. If you die again before the 1 minute timer is up, a second random item can not be worn, but now for 2 minutes.. and so on.

This way it doesnt have a financial impact on the less experienced or newer players.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, that's no fun...la
Maybe for you, but it's just fine for us. and you seem to be mistaken thinking that somehow we care if you have fun or not playing a thief...la la

To the OP.
What about making things to sort of like it was where if you died in the dungeon you can not return for maybe 5 minutes.

Again this would lessen the financial burnden on the have nots.

D

D'Amavir

So when you get the Val hammer as a reward you are in town and it ends up in your pack.

You want thieves to be able to steal NOTHING of any value. How is that fair? You offer zero ideas on ways to provide both sides with something they enjoy and instead just want your side covered. Typical of course from people like you. This game is all about you.

And you continue to post about things that happened many many years ago as a way to justify your view. I got hit by a car once but I don't think all cars should be removed from the world because of it. You are just another in a long line of risk haters that plague this game now.

If you stand around in Fel with a bod that you know will give you a val hammer and just let yourself be stolen from, you deserve it. There are soooo many ways to protect yourself 100% from thieves yet you want more. You won't be happy until thieves are completely removed. Then you will move onto pks. Then you will move onto any other class that you don't play. Until its down to just you running around in an empty world as if it were a single player game. Which is where people like you need to go. Player vs player is obviously too much for you so I don't know why you would play in a game that allows it.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe for you, but it's just fine for us. and you seem to be mistaken thinking that somehow we care if you have fun or not playing a thief...la la
Not at all. I back changes like these so I can have more fun. Personally, I don't care if you want to sit in Trammel and craft, have at it...la

D

D'Amavir

To the OP.
What about making things to sort of like it was where if you died in the dungeon you can not return for maybe 5 minutes.

Again this would lessen the financial burnden on the have nots.
I don't think anyone thinks that people like you have a care about anyone else except yourselves. Don't be fooled into thinking that at all.

Oh, and just because I know you love it...la!!!

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want thieves to be able to steal NOTHING of any value. How is that fair? You offer zero ideas on ways to provide both sides with something they enjoy and instead just want your side covered. Typical of course from people like you. This game is all about you.

And you continue to post about things that happened many many years ago as a way to justify your view. I got hit by a car once but I don't think all cars should be removed from the world because of it. You are just another in a long line of risk haters that plague this game now.

If you stand around in Fel with a bod that you know will give you a val hammer and just let yourself be stolen from, you deserve it. There are soooo many ways to protect yourself 100% from thieves yet you want more. You won't be happy until thieves are completely removed. Then you will move onto pks. Then you will move onto any other class that you don't play. Until its down to just you running around in an empty world as if it were a single player game. Which is where people like you need to go. Player vs player is obviously too much for you so I don't know why you would play in a game that allows it.
Actually you are mistaken, I want things to stay just as they are in regards to thieves, and it seems to does EA/Mythic. :lick:

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not at all. I back changes like these so I can have more fun. Personally, I don't care if you want to sit in Trammel and craft, have at it...la
Exactly, so "you" can have more fun, and to heck with what others consider as fun.

And I actually play in Fell almost 100% of the time, unless my one blue is burning off counts at Luna bank.

Waht you seem to miss is that I have no problem with risk vs reward, but you seem to think that risk in your case is losing some armor to the potential reward of something 1000x more expensive.

But no matter how many times any of use say it in these posts you just wont agree. in the end opinions are like mouths, and everyone has a mouth :lick:

D

D'Amavir

Actually you are mistaken, I want things to stay just as they are in regards to thieves, and it seems to does EA/Mythic. :lick:
Of course you do. Because it benefits you. As for EA, I have seen enough to know that nothing is permanent in this game until they shut it down. Keep thinking about yourself and no others and that won't be too long. The more people like you that play the more the game loses its appeal and uniqueness.

D

D'Amavir

Exactly, so "you" can have more fun, and to heck with what others consider as fun.

And I actually play in Fell almost 100% of the time, unless my one blue is burning off counts at Luna bank.

Waht you seem to miss is that I have no problem with risk vs reward, but you seem to think that risk in your case is losing some armor to the potential reward of something 1000x more expensive.

But no matter how many times any of use say it in these posts you just wont agree. in the end opinions are like mouths, and everyone has a mouth :lick:
You want risk as long as you don't have to risk anything. You admitted that already. You want reward as long as its you getting the reward. You admitted that as well. Instead of even getting involved in a discussion on ways that BOTH sides could get risk vs reward you toss out the standard "all thieves are bad because one time, at band camp, this thief touch my bare backpack and I still have nightmares about it" whines that don't add anything at all.

R

Radun

thieves never had anything to do with the "risk vs reward" thesis concerning 2x resources (in fel), or powerscrolls (being in fel):bowdown:. The risk in both scenarios is the loss of the reward itself.
Now explain why I even have to state such a thing in a thread about an idea that has nothing to do with thieves!...drrr

D

D'Amavir

thieves never had anything to do with "risk vs reward", aside from powerscrolls:bowdown:
Now explain why I even have to state such a thing in a thread about an idea that has nothing to do with thieves!...drrr
Not sure why you feel the need to do that. You should ask yourself that question instead of trying to get someone else to explain it to you. I know the answer myself, but I won't out you by sharing it.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want risk as long as you don't have to risk anything. You admitted that already. You want reward as long as its you getting the reward. You admitted that as well. Instead of even getting involved in a discussion on ways that BOTH sides could get risk vs reward you toss out the standard "all thieves are bad because one time, at band camp, this thief touch my bare backpack and I still have nightmares about it" whines that don't add anything at all.
This is not really true, I did propose some ideas. Read all the posts carefully.

I am very willing to listen to your ideas to revitalizing the thief community.

But currently it is you and Rico who are not proposing anything other than bringing them back and then fluffing up your statements by saying risk vs reward.

So we asked what is the risk the thief takes if they try to steal something while naked and with an empty backpack?

Compared to the risk a person takes who is stolen from?

You say we can take measures to make sure we are not stolen from. so if this is the case, then why even bring the thief back if we can essentially stop you from stealing anyway?

The only reason I can see if you so can prey on the people who don’t fully understand the game mechanics.

So I say to you again, what is the risk you take as a thief when stealing a val hammer, compared to the risk the other person takes who has and then loses the Val hammer?

Do you honestly believe that the time invested (8 to 10 months) for the person to earn the Val hammer legitimately is equal to the 1 second it takes to steal it? Is that truly risk vs reward?

R

Radun

Not sure why you feel the need to do that. You should ask yourself that question instead of trying to get someone else to explain it to you. I know the answer myself, but I won't out you by sharing it.
I "asked myself" as you suggested, and a big booming voices thundered, shaking my apartment's window frames and hanging pictures, proclaiming "The reason why you had to state such a thing in a thread about an idea that had nothing to do with thieves was: You replied to a post (by D'Amavir) that was completely off-topic!"
Neat trick...DRRR

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Because not only are there skills to let you know the thief is there (tracking and detect hidden) there are ways once it's in your pack to protect the item so it can't be stolen even without insurance. For that matter most of us aren't asking about removal of Insurance in Trammel or open stealing in Trammel...I've seen very few if any Red smith so simply recalling over to Trammel, turning in the BOD and using one of the means to protect it in your pack would insure it's not stolen.

There are means and ways to deter and prevent theft of items, if your not willing to use them in the absence of insurance it's your own fault.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
thieves never had anything to do with the "risk vs reward" thesis concerning 2x resources (in fel), or powerscrolls (being in fel):bowdown:. The risk in both scenarios is the loss of the reward itself.

Thieves have always factored into Risk vs Reward. The Risk was being stolen from or PK'd not just "It's Fel".

R

Radun

Thieves have always factored into Risk vs Reward. The Risk was being stolen from or PK'd not just "It's Fel".
Yes, the risk is losing the reward, by being stolen from or PKed.... which has not changed.
and you completely ignored the part about how that all has nothing to do with this proposal....drrr

D

D'Amavir

So we asked what is the risk the thief takes if they try to steal something while naked and with an empty backpack?
And you were countered by asking what a 500million gold insured gold suit wearing character risked. No answer of course.

Compared to the risk a person takes who is stolen from?
I would imagine they risk the same thing. The item.

You say we can take measures to make sure we are not stolen from. so if this is the case, then why even bring the thief back if we can essentially stop you from stealing anyway?
Because not everyone can protect themselves perfectly. So a smart thief might actually find someone they CAN steal from. Your way makes that impossible and only helps the person getting stolen from while doingnothing to help the thief.

The only reason I can see if you so can prey on the people who don’t fully understand the game mechanics.
Just like those evil mobs prey on people the same way? They should be removed from the game so that you don't have to risk dying, right?

So I say to you again, what is the risk you take as a thief when stealing a val hammer, compared to the risk the other person takes who has and then loses the Val hammer?
And I say to you again, the same risk. And again, the same risk. And again, the same risk. If you choose to turn in a large BOD that you know can get you a hammer IN FEL WHILE VISIBLE then maybe you deserve to lose it. Why would anyone not get that?

Do you honestly believe that the time invested (8 to 10 months) for the person to earn the Val hammer legitimately is equal to the 1 second it takes to steal it? Is that truly risk vs reward?
How about the one second it takes to invis yourself? Or hide? Or stay in Trammel to turn in BoDs? Those concepts escape you huh?

And, you stick to one example of some risk that anyone with even half a brain would be able to avoid 100%. Is that all you have? I can answer that same example everytime if you want. But it might help your case if you could come up with something more realistic to rest your flawed views on.

D

D'Amavir

I "asked myself" as you suggested, and a big booming voices thundered, shaking my apartment's window frames and hanging pictures, proclaiming "The reason why you had to state such a thing in a thread about an idea that had nothing to do with thieves was: You replied to a post (by D'Amavir) that was completely off-topic!"
Neat trick...DRRR
Glad you have your answer now. Continue on.

D

D'Amavir

Yes, the risk is losing the reward, by being stolen from or PKed.... which has not changed.
and you completely ignored the part about how that all has nothing to do with this proposal.
And yet you keep upping your post count by adding post after post saying that you don't understand why you keep adding post after post. Brilliant.

By the way, the subject of 'thieves' and 'siege players' came up on the very second post of this thread. And it wasn't brought up by either a thief or a siege player but by yet another of the 'get rid of all things that I don't like' set that you guys are a part of. Maybe you should be stalking him and asking him why he got you to post so many off topic posts on this thread instead of the people that responded to him.

But, that would make far too much sense, huh?

R

Radun

It's not post after post. The only thing I'm see post after post of in this thread (about an idea that would have absolutely no impact on thieves) is "Boohoo, I would still have to play the Enhanced Grief shard to truely grief other players...drrr"
However I will agree with you that it was pretty brilliant on my part to point out this evident and vastly overlooked fact...drrr

D

D'Amavir

It's not post after post. The only thing I'm see post after post of in this thread (about an idea that would have absolutely no impact on thieves) is "Boohoo, I would still have to play the Enhanced Grief shard to grief other players...drrr"
Of course that is all you see. We have been saying that all along. You see what you want to see. That has nothing to do with reality. But its what you see. We agree. You ignore all the posts dogging out thieves and calling them all 'griefers' and you even make the same stupid comment yourself. You ignore any suggestion that adds any risk at all to the game for you and push to have all the risk on those that aren't you. You ignore any idea that gives any reward to those that play a playstyle different from yours and push to have all the rewards for yourself.

On this, we can agree. That is definitely what you see.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's not post after post. The only thing I'm see post after post of in this thread (about an idea that would have absolutely no impact on thieves) is "Boohoo, I would still have to play the Enhanced Grief shard to grief other players...drrr"
However I will agree with you that it was pretty brilliant on my part to point out this evident and vastly overlooked fact.

Why should the perspective of a Thief have not factor in any discussion about a change to Fel's facet-wide systems. After all Thieves are a factor in Fel, leaving them out of the factor of any Facet wide systems your doing any entire segment regardless of how small it is an injustice.

Where would African-American's be in the US if Rosa Parks had moved to the back of the bus? Same difference just for right now Thieves aren't allowing any discussion of a Facet-wide systems being changed in Fel without them being included in a beneficial (to them) way. Call it a protest, call it a Virtual Civil Rights movement, call it what ever.....but.....

Let it go it's not worth you getting all bent out of shape over.

R

Radun

You ignore any suggestion that adds any risk at all to the game for you
Not true.
and push to have all the risk on those that aren't you.
That's what the thieves are doing, not me.
You ignore any idea that gives any reward to those that play a playstyle different from yours
...when the "reward" is other player's stuff, yes!
and push to have all the rewards for yourself.
Again, that's what they're doing, not me....drrr

D

D'Amavir

Not true.
Umm, true. I guess that's discussion for ya.

That's what the thieves are doing, not me.
The thieves I have seen are asking for improvement to their class. The anti thieves I have seen are asking for the complete removal of the thief class. Big difference. If thieves came here and said they wanted everything to be handed to them like your type does, I would speak out against them too.

...when the "reward" is other player's stuff, yes!
There ya go. No amount of discussion or suggestions for improvement will ever get through to you because if any player can get anything from you it has to be removed altogether. So why bother on threads like these if you refuse to hear anything other than your own view?

Again, that's what they're doing, not me....drrr

They push for SOME rewards for them. You push for NO rewards for them. You already admitted that in the above comment. If they asked for ALL the rewards I would be against them. But they don't. They ask for SOME.

R

Radun

Why should the perspective of a Thief have not factor in any discussion about a change to Fel's facet-wide systems.
Firstly, it's not a change to fel's systems, it's a change to item properties... you die, you lose item property intensities. the OP doesn't specify fel. the OP has nothing to do with thieves or making changes to 'make thieves good'.
It's like if someone made a proposal to give material bonuses to ingots similar to wood types, and then the moderator of bard forum comes in and hijacks the thread to cry about how the change won't make it so he can entice NPCs out of town and kill them like he used to....drr

D

D'Amavir

Firstly, it's not a change to fel's systems, it's a change to item properties... you die, you lose item property intensities. the OP doesn't specify fel. the OP has nothing to do with thieves or making changes to 'make thieves good'.
It's like if someone made a proposal to give material bonuses to ingots similar to wood types, and then the moderator of bard forum comes in and hijacks the thread to cry about how he can't entice NPCs out of town and kill them anymore.
Its like that except for the fact that a moderator didn't come here and hijack the thread. If you don't want to discuss what is being discussed, don't discuss it. Its not a biggie since you aren't really adding anything anyway.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as posted above, if a theif is naked and has an empty pack, his template is still viable.
do me a favor. log onto your dexer. insure your weapon. take off all of your armor and dont carry anything else. go fight in fel and see how long your template is viable.
and if I choose to make said dexxer a stealther and wait for someone who is low on health and sneak up on him while he is unsuspecting and AI him for an easy kill?

Thieves = Opportunists

All the supposed limits you guys keep putting up as an excuse is truly amusing. I also love the fact you act like everyone is going to play the way you think they do. The reason thieves are the way they are today are not because of the thieves in this thread. They are because of the flocks of mindless idiots that saw an easy way to make a score. Should changes be made to thieves those same dregs will return once again.
And you highlight the tremendous challenge in front of Rico, Jack and others in their attempt to rehabilitate the Thief. How to make it fun for both sides and prevent the JERKS from ruining it for everyone.

BUT

Hey, that same statement can be made of Red's/PK'rs/PvP'rs.

Some in this thread, make it absolutely clear they hate some of the individuals and their entire rebuttal/reply structure is geared to expressing that hatred.

HUMOR :)

The word "Reward" is .... drum roll ..... SUBJECTIVE.

The word "Risk" is .... drum roll ..... SUBJECTIVE.

Hence, "Risk vs Reward" is 100% Subjective and can not be quantified such that everyone will agree. Meaning that it is probable, that no one will agree with any other person as to the validity of any assertion of a thing being a Risk equal to the Reward.

Yet, it is the predominate "persuasive argument" used in this thread and others.

I would have thought it would be intuitively obvious, that if multiple people use the same Subjective Cliche ... oops argument, that they stand NO CHANCE of actualy communicating anything tangible / absolute. Hence they simply talk at each other in cliche's.

Rather than talk TO each other.

R

Radun

and you're adding a whole lot with your baseless accusations of "You don't want any risk" and "You want all the rewards"? (both of which are true of the thieves and not of me)
...DRR

D

D'Amavir

and you're adding a whole lot with your baseless accusations of "You don't want any risk" and "You want all the rewards"? (both of which are false)
Not baseless at all. To quote your so eloquent retort, not true. I have seen no posts by you with any idea at all that adds any risk for you whatsoever. Sure, you post a lot about wanting playstyles other than yours removed. And you post a lot about how people responding to others on this thread means hijacking. And you post a lot about questioning why you are posting on this thread to begin with, then turn around and post on this thread more and more. But, no ideas from you that add any risk for you.

R

Radun

Not baseless at all. To quote your so eloquent retort, not true. I have seen no posts by you with any idea at all that adds any risk for you whatsoever.
Entirely baseless. There's a difference between posting an idea about something, and ignoring all ideas about that. The fact that you "have not seen" something evidenced, and go on to state it anyways, is the definition of baseless.

Sure, you post a lot about wanting playstyles other than yours removed.
Not once. You can't remove something that's not there to begin with.
And you post a lot about how [posting irrelevant issues] in this thread means hijacking. And you post a lot about questioning why [these people] are posting [this irrelevant stuff] on this thread to begin with, then turn around and post on this thread more and more.
I'm not the only one who posts more than one time, budday!

But, no ideas from you that add any risk for you.
That would be my prerogative though, would it not?...drrr

D

D'Amavir

Not once. You can't remove something that's not there to begin with.
You are right, all you have done this entire thread was whine about people talking about something you didn't want to talk about. The trouble is that you whined to the wrong people. You should be talking to the person that first brought thieves and siege into this thread.

I'm not the only one who posts more than one time, budday!
Oh, but you are the far superior, adding to the discussion anti thread hijacking one. We expect so much more from you.Too bad it didn't pay off.

Exactly, just like it is the prerogative of others to respond to comments made by people onthese threads. Glad you have finally come to terms with that reality. And glad you can admit that nothing short of a risk free UO is good enough for you. If only the other people like you would be so honest with themselves and with us.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are actually quite right here.

The way to fix it though would be to return the game to a skill based game not an item based game.
No/limited insurance = less powerful items used on average. Less powerful items used = more skill based play.

R

Radun

come on, budday, I obviously didn't say what you claim to be agreeing with.
I say "I didn't even post one thing about removing anything from the game"
and your response is "You're right, I agree with you that this thread is relevant to thieves. glad you finally came to terms with that"
It's not even close to what I said.

but hey... i do agree with what you said about you being more interested in making things up about me instead of really responding to what I actually do say...drr

D

D'Amavir

come on, budday, I obviously didn't say what you claim to be agreeing with.
I say "I didn't even post one thing about removing anything from the game"
and your response is "You're right, I agree with you that this thread is relevant to thieves. glad you finally came to terms with that"
That comment right there proves that you don't read the things you quote. You said it was your prerogative to post your opinions that you want no risk added to the game for you.

Here is that quote

I posted that it was also the prerogative of others to post their opinions.

Here is that quote

Exactly, just like it is the prerogative of others to respond to comments made by people onthese threads.

You have been whining about them posting their opinions this whole thread and I was pleased that you admitted it was a person's prerogative to post their opinions. Or did you mean to say that it was only your prerogative to do so and that it wasn't so for others?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
crafters are worthless? thats odd...seems I made enough money to peice together a couple of uber mage suits by selling armor peices over the years.
The only way a crafter can make money is by selling uber stuff. To make uber stuff you need silly things like runics. Back when crafting really flourished people could sell gm wares and make a nice living without having to grind endlessly doing bods. They got to make people items with thier time, rather than fill/buy/sell bods in hope of getting a runic. I think its silly.

not sure what game you have been playing but the gap between new players and old players is always going to be large. we are talking about a game where 10 years or more can serperate a new player and a vet...thats a HUGE learning curve to make up for.
Yes, there will always be a difference, but you cant compare say a 150 pound boxer going up against a 160 pounder to a 90 pound boxer going up against a 250 pound heavy weight. The goal is to keep the the gap close enough that it doesnt take like 4 years to close it. The entire reason the gap is so large is insurance.

in regards to these *uber suits*...jealous much? i spent 2 years building my last suit...i should be able to wear it without being the subject of someone elses fit of jealousy crying about how they dont have anything nice.
LoL. Nice ego. I don't play a shard with uber suits, and I honestly don't care what people wear on other shards, other than I can see that the effect of that kind of game design is negative, and is making the game less accessible.

There is a huge difference between saying a thread is ******** and calling someone ********. and no, I dont think insurance is an issue here...its straight up people being jealous over not having what the next guy does.
things are going to change anyway soon item wise with the advent of inbuing, so why complain? To complain about insurance now with new items changes coming IS ********.
No not really a big difference in saying "YOU are retarder" and "what YOU say is ********" its pretty similar. And it has nothing to do with jealousy. If you could see beyond your own overinflated ego to the good of the game, maybe you would see why insurance is a big problem. But I somehow doubt this will happen.
And I think that imbuing is a PERFECT way to phase out insurance. People will be able to craft the things they want, and thus easily have replacement suits ready. Sure they may not be perfect suits, but then again when no one has uber suits, no one needs them.

R

Radun

That comment right there proves that you don't read the things you quote. You said it was your prerogative to post your opinions that you want no risk added to the game for you.
This comment right here proves that you don't read what people are responding to.
NO! I didn't say "It's my prerogative to post my opinions about not wanting risk added to my game", I said it's my prerogative whether I post any idea or not.
NONE of my posts have been saying I don't want risk added to the game, and thus the accusation is BASELESS...drrr

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
crafters are almost useless now in a community sense of the game, because so many veteran players have their own crafters.
So no need to rely on somebody else for this, insurance or not.

Insurance - I like insurance, because I lost a few times all my stuff in the pre AoS stage due to situations beyond my control (like lost Internet connection or an unpretty and unannounced change in the spawn).
On Siege - a shard without insurance - I can live as well. But I never would carry the new shiny armor from the Spring Cleaning outside only to loose it to the first PK on my peaceful ways ... this is kind of limiting.
Maybe would have been different, if the values of spring cleaning point pricing on Siege would have been divided by 10 or 50.

*Salute*
Olahorand
I understand what your saying, but I still think that there are plenty of people who would like to run a common crafting business (read: non runic) and that they would have plenty of customers.
And things like the community rewards and set armors are things designed with insurance in mind. In a non/limited insurance world these things could still exist they would just be more common, and affordable, while still rare enough to make a market for collecting them.
As for loosing stuff when you lose connection or whatnot, I can see how that would suck, but hopefully with the upcoming imbuing people will be able to have exactly what they want, when they want it, so losses like these aren't such a big deal.

And while we may have different opinion, I applaud you civil discourse.

D

D'Amavir

This comment right here proves that you don't read what people are responding to.
NO! I didn't say "It's my prerogative to post my opinions about not wanting risk added to my game", I said it's my prerogative whether I post an idea that adds risk to my game or not.
NONE of my posts have been saying I don't want risk added to the game, and thus the accusation is BASELESS...drrr
Ok, so its your prerogative to post an idea that adds risk to your game or not. But its not the prerogative of others to post their opinions? The concept is still the same regardless of how many times you try to say it differently.

You have whined from the start about people posting their opinions on this thread. Fact.

Someone other than a thief or Siege player first brought thieves and siege into this thread. Fact.

Thieves and Siege players (and people like myself that are neither) posted their views on the subject that someone else brought to this thread. Fact.

So, the only thing that isn't fact is this. Do you want any additional risk added to this game for you in regards the thieves? Its a simple yes or no.

R

Radun

worthless... why even respond to you? you can't argue a point without making stuff up...drr

R

Radun

No, it would be proving something completely different than I deny.
I denied saying anything like or even close to "I don't want any risk in the game".
Do I want insurance removed? No.
That does not = "I don't want any risks"

I just remembered that you don't even play in fel or pvp so.... Yeah, I guess your opinion is worthless and it's a waste of time responding to anything you post...drr

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only way a crafter can make money is by selling uber stuff. To make uber stuff you need silly things like runics. Back when crafting really flourished people could sell gm wares and make a nice living without having to grind endlessly doing bods. They got to make people items with thier time, rather than fill/buy/sell bods in hope of getting a runic. I think its silly.
just because you think it is silly doesnt mean it is silly. runics have been around this game since AoS, whats stopping you from using them? dont tell me gold because anyone with a gold skull and a noob char can make lots of mils just by looting goodies off the DF others dont take. dont think so? I just got a buddy started in UO a two weeks ago and already he has made over 30 mil just looting others second hand loot. (heck I wasnt even there with them...I just told them what to do and how to get where they nneeded to go) so please save me the *poor me* attitude. you can do anything you put your mind to, its up to you though on breaking out of that mental cage first.

Yes, there will always be a difference, but you cant compare say a 150 pound boxer going up against a 160 pounder to a 90 pound boxer going up against a 250 pound heavy weight. The goal is to keep the the gap close enough that it doesnt take like 4 years to close it. The entire reason the gap is so large is insurance.
read what I wrote above...two weeks...30 mil. thats 10 barbed kits. the skill gap can only be lessened with practice and time...so the ten year vet is ALWAYS going to know more than the week or two old players. (btw...I remem first coming to this game and spending the first two weeks gathering regs to work magery...all anyone need do in todays game is ask at WBB for a LRC suit...so there is not as big as a gap as you say.)

LoL. Nice ego. I don't play a shard with uber suits, and I honestly don't care what people wear on other shards, other than I can see that the effect of that kind of game design is negative, and is making the game less accessible.
ego? lol...if you only knew me in game you would probably feel like an idiot for saying that. I am one of those people who enjoys helping new players out..I enjoy bringing new ppl into the game. it keeps this game alive...and keeps people coming to felucca. uber suits? its not hard to make a good suit bud...it just takes time...and a bit of effort. (see first retort above)

No not really a big difference in saying "YOU are retarder" and "what YOU say is ********" its pretty similar. And it has nothing to do with jealousy. If you could see beyond your own overinflated ego to the good of the game, maybe you would see why insurance is a big problem. But I somehow doubt this will happen.
again...we agree to disagree. you confuse ego with experience. i am cut and dry with every aspect of my life...if you wish to confuse that with ego so be it..but there is a HUGE diferrence.

calling someone ******** and saying a comment is ******** are two different concepts entirely. i wont even attempt to explain this, I shouldnt have to.

this has EVERYTHING to do with jealousy. you want insurance to be gone because you think it leads to egos and unfair play. think about your statement and get back to me on this. after all you are labelling me as having an ego just because I took the time to build a good suit.

And I think that imbuing is a PERFECT way to phase out insurance. People will be able to craft the things they want, and thus easily have replacement suits ready. Sure they may not be perfect suits, but then again when no one has uber suits, no one needs them.
imbuing gives people another way to build uber suits. and no...it wont be a *perfect* way to phase out insurance, it just another way to bridge that gap you are crying about so those with thier egotisical suits of armor cant wtf pwn you.

D

D'Amavir

No, it would be proving something completely different than I deny.
I denied saying anything like or even close to "I don't want any risk in the game".
Do I want insurance removed? No.
That does not = "I don't want any risks"

I just remembered that you don't even play in fel or pvp so.... Yeah, I guess your opinion is worthless and it's a waste of time responding to anything you post.
And still you can't answer the question. Hmm. Interesting. Do you want any additional risk for you in regards to thieves? Can't answer that no matter how many times its ask.

Its funny how when people that play in Fel or PVP make suggestions about that playstyle, people like you dismiss them because they are only thinking about themselves. But when people that don't play in Fel or PVP make suggestions about that playstyle, people like you dismiss them because their opinions don't matter in regards to a playstyle they don't play. So, basically, no one with an opinion about those playstyles have opinions that aren't worthless right?

Nah, I know you won't answer that. You never do answer the actual questions asked of you. But you will surely throw out an answer to a question no one asked.

An example

Q: Do you want additional risk for you in regards to thieves?

A: I like the movie Porky's.

R

Radun

Do you want any additional risk for you in regards to thieves?
No. I already answered this when I said I don't want insurance removed (in the post you quoted).
Is that a contradiction of my prior statements that I never said "I don't want any risks"? (or any other statement I've made) No.
Did you prove anything? No.

The fact that you don't/won't play fel proves that all those statements about me not wanting any risks in my gameplay are true about you, not me.
If the changes would have any effect on you, then your opinion would be morth something...drr

D

D'Amavir

No.
Is that a contradiction of my prior statements that I never said "I don't want any risks"? (or any other statement I've made) No.
Did you prove anything? No.

Actually, it does prove something. It proves that no matter what suggestions are made to improve the playstyle for thieves you will be against them if they add any risk at all for you. That's fine. You have the right to want as little risk as you want. Or as much risk as you want. And you have the right to come on these boards over and over and shoot down any idea that someone has because it adds even a little additional risk for you. Just like those on the other side have the right to give their opinions.

The fact that you don't/won't play fel proves that all those statements about me not wanting any risks in my gameplay are true about you, not me....drr
Actually, it proves that I want to keep the choice of high risk or low risk by going to Trammel or to Fel. It also proves that, even though its not my chosen playstyle, I support those that choose that playstyle and feel that their opinions are just as needed as those that don't choose that playstyle. That's a lot of proofs right there. And all of them valid.

I think that there should be more risk in Fel. If I choose to play with that risk, I can go to Fel. If not, I can stay in Trammel. I see that as a win win for everyone really. Those that want high risk can go play in Fel (if Fel added more risk of course) and those that want low risk can stay in Trammel.

R

Radun

but what they don't have the right to do is hijack threads, posting those opinions where they are completely irrelevant...drr

D

D'Amavir

but what they don't have the right to do is hijack threads, posting those opinions where they are completely irrelevant...drr
As I stated before and you ignored, the person that brought up thieves and siege on this thread did so on the second post of the thread. Feel free to go stalk them for hijacking if you want. That's your right after all. I know you feel that its ok for people to insult thieves and siege players but its not ok for those thieves and siege players to defend themselves or to post their opinions. But maybe you should direct your rant at the people that actually started the thing you insist on ranting about.