• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Combat Changes in Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Bleak

I am absolutely shocked that after countless players, (mages archers dexxers pvmers pvpers bank sitter) agree that 5% SSI is really the best option for warriors gift you go with 5% damage inc which is virtually nothing. So now 90% of the player base who have suits made already are going to gain nothing for the probably only usable mastery on their templates.

If you are going to go this route can you at least TRY to fix that dog**** archery spell flaming arrow?

And i cant express enough how just "lowering the damage" is a simple bandaid tactic and the real problem people have is composite bows.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
30 damage ranged armor ignores hard cap is an odd choice, but I don't think it's gamebreaking or template-destroying. What I do think is very silly is the 5 damage increase for Warrior's Gift. I was against it having any HPI, but I was firmly on the 5 SSI train as that's something that at least almost everyone can use. 5 damage increase is basically worthless, I won't be even re-making my weapons to factor that in. It's +2% of a hit spell, no thanks. Make it 10/15 Damage Increase and 5 SSI and then maybe we'll talk, otherwise I'll be using a mana increase mastery.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
10% or 15% would be preferable, yes. 25% would be perfect because then we PvMers could drop an imbuing slot from one of our jewels. :D
Not sure how it would affect dexxer PvP suits, though. Mostly because the only PvP I do is in a boxing ring, where I required to physically punch the other person involved. :p
it would be useless (unless it goes over-cap) for most pvpers suits, because most pvpers are already capped in those mods.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
it would be useless (unless it goes over-cap) for most pvpers suits, because most pvpers are already capped in those mods.
In this case, 5 ssi would be a MUCH better choice to put as a bonus for the level 3 mastery. It would be useful to both PvMers and PvPers.
5 DI is a really sad bonus to have from a mastery.

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are dexxers going to kill parry mages now? You are only nerfing the swing speed because of Broli, de leet ed, Trevor, lag and myself. Because you guys rage when you die to a template that isn't supposed to kill a parrying ninja bush chiv/mage rainman.

There is almost no point to play a dexxer after this goes live. Thankfully, we will all probably make another gimp template and watch you kids cry when like three of us take spawns/Harrys from like 8 of your guildies and keep the other guild trying to raid at bay.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
How are dexxers going to kill parry mages now? You are only nerfing the swing speed because of Broli, de leet ed, Trevor, lag and myself. Because you guys rage when you die to a template that isn't supposed to kill a parrying ninja bush chiv/mage rainman.

There is almost no point to play a dexxer after this goes live. Thankfully, we will all probably make another gimp template and watch you kids cry when like three of us take spawns/Harrys from like 8 of your guildies and keep the other guild trying to raid at bay.
Nerfing swing speed?

Sure we are champ, sure we are...

Good luck with the new template though.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

3 times tonight i was dismounted in the first shot each time form a dismount stealth archer. thats with my Parry, wrestle mage. Once i was on foot i was toast. So lets not go there about dexters not being able to hit a parry mage. RNG works both ways and when it works to the dexters advantage a parry mage either runs or dies and if your on your feet running death comes fast.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is absolutely no reason to lower focus mages from 30 SDI to 25, the whole thing is just crazy.
At this point, they should just make every template 30% SDI (keep non-magery spells capped at 15% SDI), keep archery "OP", and remove tactics requirement for specials.

Parry-mages will still be "needed", but every non-focus mage wouldn't be at a disadvantage from anything but archers....

Update after update and things are not changing OR they're getting worse each time (so far).

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point, they should just make every template 30% SDI (keep non-magery spells capped at 15% SDI), keep archery "OP", and remove tactics requirement for specials.

Parry-mages will still be "needed", but every non-focus mage wouldn't be at a disadvantage from anything but archers....

Update after update and things are not changing OR they're getting worse each time (so far).
No, they shouldn't give everyone's mage spells 30 SDI.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, they shouldn't give everyone's mage spells 30 SDI.
What difference would it make, you don't want other templates being played? because right now, (as if anyone hasn't noticed) you're either a focus mage, an archer, or a holyfister...

You either buff everything to the same level as Archers & Parry-mages, or you nerf Archers & Parry-mages down to the level of everything else.... or a bit of both. You won't be getting a balance any other way.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
What difference would it make, you don't want other templates being played? because right now, (as if anyone hasn't noticed) you're either a focus mage, an archer, or a holyfister...

You either buff everything to the same level as Archers & Parry-mages, or you nerf Archers & Parry-mages down to the level of everything else.... or a bit of both. You won't be getting a balance any other way.
I've been saying this for a while, but you're absolutely right in those are the only way to balance things.

It seems like now we're going for either the Blizzard way (as I think parry mages will be equally as strong as they are now, in addition to less pressure from archers, thus shifting the balance of power), or the Riot fun-sized way given how it seems some want a care bear experience where no one can die.

I'll take the Valve way every single time.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have 3 or 4 warriors with that damage potential not killing one mage, I dont think the issue is with the template...
Insinuating it's the player Is funny tbh. As someone who fought against him for years, he's annoyingly good on a dexxer lol.

Ok why?

I provided the damage burst and damage intake burst for this template.

106 out vs 186 in (fixed 189 typo)

I disagree based on this.

Feel free to argue the math on this.
You can quote math honestly all night, I'll get on my Parry Mage you get on an archer or ANY other dexxer. I'll stand still! I bet 500m to 10m I don't die. That's not my pumping my chest on how amazing I am, cause I'm not..it's proving Parry is ridiculously OP! I'll even not be lame and come with 45dci over 30 and reactive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

or you nerf archery because its dictating the meta, give other classes 20 SDI, and see what happens. Parry mages aren't great, they are just necessary.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Insinuating it's the player Is funny tbh. As someone who fought against him for years, he's annoyingly good on a dexxer lol.

You can quote math honestly all night, I'll get on my Parry Mage you get on an archer or ANY other dexxer. I'll stand still! I bet 500m to 10m I don't die. That's not my pumping my chest on how amazing I am, cause I'm not..it's proving Parry is ridiculously OP! I'll even not be lame and come with 45dci over 30 and reactive.

If four people cannot kill one person, they're just bad.

You understand the difference in RNG right?

Archer templates simply wait for the string to hit.

I have a disarm archer too, but he sure doesn't square off standing still against a parry Mage.

Some use dp, bleed, splinter all of these things give dexers and advantage and then AI dump and running shot if needed.

So i mean if I have to make another disarm archer template right now so I can run circles until RNG chains a high damage burst that's fine. I'll take that 500m any day.

If you're suggesting we both stand there, that's just silly and doesn't reflect the meta.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archery as a whole is broken damage wise lol. If you can't admit that, you either are a fanboy of it and don't want it changed, or oblivious to other weapons besides heavy xbows and comp bows. For those of you "not aware" with the 55 resist necro corpse and a 100% poison or fire bow....

A REGULAR BOW with 100% damage inc/120 Tact/Anat....

Mortal (20ish - 30ish damage no hit spells), Omen, Mortal (130% damage double mortal bonus).... The second mortal does a whopping 60 - 75+ damage to 55 resist. WITHOUT hit spells. (Huge Variance bc of the 130% damage, and omen, and wide range)

Now do this with a crossbow.

Broken yet? Now add 2 hit spells per each swing. Sounds balanced, right?

Actual facts here.

So for the "It's only moving shots and AI THAT NEED FIXED" crowd...

No.

@Bleak

Look in to this.

Last edited:

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well.. I don't HATE it. I could get on board with most of it.

I don't like #4 and #5,

#6 (would need a better idea before I got on board with it),

and completely against #7
I knew you wouldn't like four, but you're good enough to know that mortals weren't really OP unless you were on foot and couldn't avoid it. Good players could avoid getting mortal'ed while on an apple timer (in a bad situation). My change would bring mortal back to what it was, but nerf the duration of mortal by 2 whole seconds on the first time it's applied and 1 whole second the second time it's applied, and #5 would give groups a good way of removing it with cleansings when someone is dismounted. You know people are going to play mystics more, so this will do a lot to keep mortals balanced (along with the 2 dmg duration nerf).

About 6 (the spiritspeak buff), what do you mean by "it would need a better idea"? The damage that it gives was made for UO when everyone had 100 hp, barely any hpr, and not even all 70's resists. It was a big deal back then. Now it's semi-useless in the field. I think we could definitely increase the damage for it, or do the suggestion i made ages ago, which is make it non-interruptable- but after thinking it over, I think that could be really lame because then people could spam it over and over. Maybe we could buff the damage and make it non-interruptable but change the way it works, as in give it a much longer cooldown.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
TC will be updated shortly with more changes to bring more templates to a more comparable playing field in terms of DPS.
  • Updates to Warrior's Gifts.
  • PvP Only: Armor Ignore direct damage on ranged weapons has been reduced from 35 to 30. This change along with the ranged damage calculation brings Ranged DPS in line to where it should be.
  • I am still reviewing the "Moving Shot damage change to Physical" based on the updated ranged damage calculation.
  • The Armor Ignore change is the only update missing from the current notes which will be updated in the morning.
This will be the last update of the year, thank you and happy holidays!
I feel like I'm being completely ignored...

PvP Only: Armor Ignore direct damage on ranged weapons has been reduced from 35 to 30. This change along with the ranged damage calculation brings Ranged DPS in line to where it should be.
No... it won't...

Armor ignores at 35 are just fine. It's when moving shots, para shots, and mortals do 50+ damage with hit effects that damage becomes a problem. And the current "ranged damage calculation" does not "bring ranged dps in line to where it should be." It's just going to make people not play Archers at all, after a while of realizing how **** it will become. As a matter of fact, I can PROMISE you this, and then when it happens, I'll say, "See? I told you." Let's not let it get to that point though... If I'm convincing you at ALL, and your solution is to scale back the nerfs you plan to implement, don't even think about it. Just scrap the whole thing altogether, and take my advice and reduce the base damage on bows by about 10%, and reduce the damage of moving shots by about 20%.

You said, "the current ranged damage calculation brings ranged dps in line to where it should be." No, it doesn't. You're just killing archers. You're making assertions that are simply wrong. You honestly have no idea where ranged dps damage should be. I'm not trying to be hostile, or insulting, but a fact is a fact. The idea that you guys are planning all these nerfs on archers and aren't even looking at parry or bushido holy fist dexxers is just absurd, and shows how much you fail to see the big picture.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
with these changes going in the a
I feel like I'm being completely ignored...

No... it won't...

Armor ignores at 35 are just fine. It's when moving shots, para shots, and mortals do 50+ damage with hit effects that damage becomes a problem. And the current "ranged damage calculation" does not "bring ranged dps in line to where it should be." It's just going to make people not play Archers at all, after a while of realizing how **** it will become. As a matter of fact, I can PROMISE you this, and then when it happens, I'll say, "See? I told you." Let's not let it get to that point though... If I'm convincing you at ALL, and your solution is to scale back the nerfs you plan to implement, don't even think about it. Just scrap the whole thing altogether, and take my advice and reduce the base damage on bows by about 10%, and reduce the damage of moving shots by about 20%.

You said, "the current ranged damage calculation brings ranged dps in line to where it should be." No, it doesn't. You're just killing archers. You're making assertions that are simply wrong. You honestly have no idea where ranged dps damage should be. I'm not trying to be hostile, or insulting, but a fact is a fact. The idea that you guys are planning all these nerfs on archers and aren't even looking at parry or bushido holy fist dexxers is just absurd, and shows how much you fail to see the big picture.
completely agree. It's gonna be bad for archers on prodo, even worse for us on Siege :-/

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I'm saying if you want to nerf archers nerf parry mages. Nerf 4/6 holy fisters with 60 mageryish.

Wrestle and parry needs to be nerfed.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I'm saying if you want to nerf archers nerf parry mages. Nerf 4/6 holy fisters with 60 mageryish.

No Archery is the problem not a defensive skills. I would not need defensive skills if archery was not so OP i would choose to have a skill that could dump DPS on you otherwise. People only choose to have deference because they have no choice.

But if you insists on Wrestle and parry getting a Nerf then i Insist on Archery and dexters taking a massive drop in their hit chance maybe by dropping their hit chance by 45%

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Archery is the problem not a defensive skills. I would not need defensive skills if archery was not so OP i would choose to have a skill that could dump DPS on you otherwise. People only choose to have deference because they have no choice.

But if you insists on Wrestle and parry getting a Nerf then i Insist on Archery and dexters taking a massive drop in their hit chance maybe by dropping their hit chance by 45%
Put down the crackpipe

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Archery as a whole is broken damage wise lol. If you can't admit that, you either are a fanboy of it and don't want it changed, or oblivious to other weapons besides heavy xbows and comp bows. For those of you "not aware" with the 55 resist necro corpse and a 100% poison or fire bow....

A REGULAR BOW with 100% damage inc/120 Tact/Anat....

Mortal (20ish - 30ish damage no hit spells), Omen, Mortal (130% damage double mortal bonus).... The second mortal does a whopping 60 - 75+ damage to 55 resist. WITHOUT hit spells. (Huge Variance bc of the 130% damage, and omen, and wide range)

Now do this with a crossbow.

Broken yet? Now add 2 hit spells per each swing. Sounds balanced, right?

Actual facts here.

So for the "It's only moving shots and AI THAT NEED FIXED" crowd...

No.

@Bleak

Look in to this.

When I tested last , you could still do 82 damage on corpseskin evil omen concussion with 100% poison bow.

Yeah that'd include the bow damage and mortal bonus. (why they ever added the mortal damage bonus i have no idea)

Id have to hear why that combo would be any different than current damage bursts. Concussion by itself was only doing 22-23 points.

At least there is some sort of combo involved with the higher damage bursts of these, not just mashing one AI macro and calling it a day.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think if parry is being added to the non-focus spec' list, melee weapons and archery should be as well. If not, hybrid mages (which we all want to see make a return) will end up being OP, and wrestle parry mages will be completely nerfed.

I may be biased as I play a wrestle/parry mage, but I think it's only fair. Why should a hybrid mage be able to run 30sdi (before inscribe) but a parry mage gets the short end of the stick?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The question is, WHY do you want them nerfed? Could it possibly have anything to do with your template? I believe you play a stealth archer, so it's not a shock that you'd want the two skills hit with the nerf stick. Can you give us reasons for a nerf that don't factor in your blatant bias?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Disappointed with the Warrior Gift Change. I thought the 5 SSI or +5 HPI (overcap) ideas were a much better incentive. 5 DI is pointless. Go with at least 15 DI (non-overcap) if we're settling on a DI bonus.

I am surprised by Parry being back on the focus spec restricted list, but after all, we're only talking about a 5 SDI difference (20 vs 25). I think I can live with this, unless @Bleak strengthens the SDI disparity between focused and non-focused mages.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
or you nerf archery because its dictating the meta, give other classes 20 SDI, and see what happens. Parry mages aren't great, they are just necessary.
Archery isn't dictating the meta any more than Focus spec is... if that were true, you'd see more non-focused parry-mages.

What's not "great" about Parry-mages? They have higher damage output than every non-focused mage, but much higher defense, Btw, the defense you get from Parry = more consistent offense vs dexers.

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The question is, WHY do you want them nerfed? Could it possibly have anything to do with your template? I believe you play a stealth archer, so it's not a shock that you'd want the two skills hit with the nerf stick. Can you give us reasons for a nerf that don't factor in your blatant bias?
I have 3 parry mages and a parry 4/6, but that's besides the point.

If you're going to nerf dexxers to the ground, so should parrying holy fisters and mages. There should be some draw backs to op Sun God Goku mages/pallys.

Not everyone in this game wants to play a mage. I mix it up with the nerfs. Or a lot of players will be quiting pvp

I'm trying to tell you from all templates point of view. Yes, necro archers are op when you can hit someone for over 100 points of damage and needs to be nerfed.

Also, drcoss, you realize there are 13 sniper amitlus that aren't even me? I don't even play mine lol.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
if the Weapon/Tactics requirement is going to stay, modified skill should be acceptable. On top of that Bushido should be addressed so that modded skill is accepted as well. No reason to hinder the current loot pack with archaic points of view.

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically every mage is going to rock parry and either necro or mystic and have 20 sdi.

Spell plague is going to hit waaay harder cause of scaling and dexxers who don't use bows are just going to miss 12 times in a row.

GOT IT, SOUNDS BALANCED BOYS

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm just waiting for the blow-back after the changes. Once this actually goes through and everyone realizes that everything I said was correct, and that these changes are utterly ********, I might just log on stratics one last time to tell you all, "I told you so." Of course no one will take credit for arguing for said ******** ideas, and I'll never get credit for being right, because by the time everyone realizes that what I said was right, it'll be three years later (as usual) and they'll have forgotten about it (for the millionth time). If I had a dollar for every time I could've said, "I told you so," I'd be able to buy Leet's suits with rl cash.

At this point, I'm really just considering buying some popcorn, kicking my feet up, and stealthing around while I watch people play in this ******** system; because it's going to be so bad that even though I don't think I'll want want any part of it, it might at least be hilarious to watch people fight in it because of how dumb it will be.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just waiting for the blow-back after the changes. Once this actually goes through and everyone realizes that everything I said was correct, and that these changes are utterly ********, I might just log on stratics one last time to tell you all, "I told you so." Of course no one will take credit for arguing for said ******** ideas, and I'll never get credit for being right, because by the time everyone realizes that what I said was right, it'll be three years later (as usual) and they'll have forgotten about it (for the millionth time). If I had a dollar for every time I could've said, "I told you so," I'd be able to buy Leet's suits with rl cash.

At this point, I'm really just considering buying some popcorn, kicking my feet up, and stealthing around while I watch people play in this ******** system; because it's going to be so bad that even though I don't think I'll want want any part of it, it might at least be hilarious to watch people fight in it because of how dumb it will be.
Every time they change PvP people leave. It may only be a few people, but every single time they make changes it upsets someone and they quit playing. With the PvP players getting less and less I hope this is the last ever change they do or it may soon be only PVM people left and they can close fel down and only have tram left running.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 parry mages and a parry 4/6, but that's besides the point.

If you're going to nerf dexxers to the ground, so should parrying holy fisters and mages. There should be some draw backs to op Sun God Goku mages/pallys.

Not everyone in this game wants to play a mage. I mix it up with the nerfs. Or a lot of players will be quiting pvp

I'm trying to tell you from all templates point of view. Yes, necro archers are op when you can hit someone for over 100 points of damage and needs to be nerfed.

Also, drcoss, you realize there are 13 sniper amitlus that aren't even me? I don't even play mine lol.
U cannot ask for more nerfs now. The pvp issues were the moving shots and the stackable curse+ corpse.

Archers with necro and ss have to renounce resist spells and /or ninjitsu even. They are fragile like a piece of glass . They hit hard but in defense they are the weakest toon in game.

The game will be more balanced for sure.

Stop crying . Many of the users who write here never pvp or they pvp once in a month.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop crying . Many of the users who write here never pvp or they pvp once in a month.
What is your ****ing problem? I think it's that you have to vehemently defend your UO crutches so you don't lose your UO notoriety. Which..I'm sure you have :/. Maybe go outside, get some air, stop beating it to a pixel picture of yourself in a ****ing video game you angry little European boy.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So basically every mage is going to rock parry and either necro or mystic and have 20 sdi.

Spell plague is going to hit waaay harder cause of scaling and dexxers who don't use bows are just going to miss 12 times in a row.

GOT IT, SOUNDS BALANCED BOYS
Going to miss 12 times in a row huh?

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you make outlandish claims like this?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Let's cross that bridge when we get there.

There seems a ways to go before published, but the dude is taking a break for the holidays.

No one is out to make any change to make a template completely useless and appears we are all here to try and achieve some balance whether we all agree with the same way we go about it.

How many times have you logged onto test to discuss this? Just curious, generally it's the same few people...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
U cannot ask for more nerfs now. The pvp issues were the moving shots and the stackable curse+ corpse.

Archers with necro and ss have to renounce resist spells and /or ninjitsu even. They are fragile like a piece of glass . They hit hard but in defense they are the weakest toon in game.

The game will be more balanced for sure.

Yeah I agree, there are a few nerfs I think we all know that needed to be made like the two you mentioned.

Even if they removed the damage nerfs to ranged weapons, the few tweaks they've made has been an improvement.

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

maybe 2 or your idea's could be decent so quit crying please.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Bleak
Warrior's Gift's should be reverted back to the original suggestion:
5% DCI, 5% HCI, +15 HP over the cap.

Furthermore, anything is better than 5% damage increase. I also previously suggested giving us 10 Strength. There are not enough good bonuses or items that add strength.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak
Warrior's Gift's should be reverted back to the original suggestion:
5% DCI, 5% HCI, +15 HP over the cap.

Furthermore, anything is better than 5% damage increase. I also previously suggested giving us 10 Strength. There are not enough good bonuses or items that add strength.
Ah yeah, only a certain headslot artifact that adds 20+ Str plus 15 HCI. Sounds useless and has only been around maybe 10+ years?

+15 HPI over cap is stupid. Dexers do not need that buff. Not in PVP or PVM. If it has to be changed, SSI is the way. NOT HPI.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ah yeah, only a certain headslot artifact that adds 20+ Str plus 15 HCI. Sounds useless and has only been around maybe 10+ years?
So what's your point? There are far more +mana and +stamina items than +hit point / strength items. Adding another strength bonus shouldn't be avoided because of one head slot piece.

+15 HPI over cap is stupid.
So are about half of these other proposed changes, like changing the tactics requirement in any shape or form.

Not in PVP or PVM. If it has to be changed, SSI is the way. NOT HPI.
It allows for saving space for other mods elsewhere, whether they made it over the cap or not. I'm sure many people could find that useful.

Most PVMers don't have much of a problem getting SSI, so that suggest seems geared mainly for PVP, but again... anything would be better than DI.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Let's cross that bridge when we get there.

There seems a ways to go before published, but the dude is taking a break for the holidays.

No one is out to make any change to make a template completely useless and appears we are all here to try and achieve some balance whether we all agree with the same way we go about it.

How many times have you logged onto test to discuss this? Just curious, generally it's the same few people...
It's obviously not intentional. People have good intentions. But the results are going to be bad.

I don't need to log on test to know that if they nerf the **** out of archer damage/swing speed, and don't touch parry, that archers are going to be useless. I don't need to log on to test center to know that if they add parry to the focus mage restriction list, everyone is going to stop playing pure mages and start playing mystic parry and necro parry mages. I don't need to log on to test center to know that with all of these offensive nerfs, the game is going to be super defensive, and that it will be super hard for a good player to kill a bad player, let alone another good player.

The developers, focus group members, and noobs of this game are more than free to log on test center with their virtue armor and sorcerer suits while they test simple game mechanics that good players already understand, but I've played with and against many of the best players to ever play this game, and few people, if any, know what works in a competitive game scenario as well as I do- and these developers don't even have a clue what the best templates of today are or how they're made, let alone what makes them the best templates.

It's like they're testing things to figure out how aerodynamics work, where as top pvpers are already flying fighter jets.

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and start playing mystic parry and necro parry mages
I only see ONE person playing a mystic parry mage, and there is literally NOBODY that plays a necro parry mage. Care to guess why the latter isn't used at all?

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I only see ONE person playing a mystic parry mage, and there is literally NOBODY that plays a necro parry mage. Care to guess why the latter isn't used at all?
Idk what you're talking about. Are you talking about on TC? Or on regular shards?

Status
Not open for further replies.