• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussing Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm speechless lol, get off the thread.
Let's play yes or no questions....
Can you avoid being hit by a conq blow ?
Can you run away if you are corpsed?
Can you use an apple to remove a curse?
Can you Use a smoke bomb instead of using hiding?
Should you of just ran?
Can your team mate do anything to help you in this situation?

Please answer these questions in a yes or no fashion and try not to deviate from them too much, it will be difficult i understand, but give it your best go!

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Is there an apple timer?
Should I be able to take 138 damage from two players in 4 seconds?
If I'm never on screen (by your logic avoiding to get hit), can we go offense?
Do we have 8 multi-box scripts that can instantly kill people like you?
Is this game broken?

Eventually there is going to be a time where you need to go offense or even in a different scenario where you will be corpsed, omen'd, owned. That's the issue. It's not avoidable 100% unless you bolt 24/7 in a group with 4/6 remove curse or a mystic (those templates aren't viable even numbers either). You shouldn't need to run 24/7 just to not get insta killed by two players in 4 seconds. /thread

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I asked you not to deviate from my questions, I knew that was going to be tuff..

Well lets see virem's videos and your own i've seen you both do over 138, in 4 seconds SOLO.... So Yes you should
Yes, you can go offensive, you have a mage with you they do not have one.. Think what can a pure necro and a archer not do... Fields, Play smart not hard
What is a multi box?
No

Now I have answered your questions, i would like if you would have the deceny to do the same...

Comments after your edit -

Yes there is an apple timer... Stating the obvious, but there is also a mystic next to you if im not mistaken

Okay your last comment, about 138 damage by two players in 4 seconds let do some simple math,

A Dexxer who swings at 1.25, and armour ignores for 35 will do 105 damage without any procs of hitspells
Now let's say there is two of them that is 210 damage in 3.75 seconds,
So is 138 damage that bad?

+ I guess those chiv templates are viable if they can stop you taking big hits.. are you struggling with simple logic........ so i would say yes they are viable templates... How many times have i heard you pancake about mike's 4/6er in group fights saying he was the biggest game changer there with what he does.

Last edited:

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Essence of wind also affects archers, So he made his chiv template viable by adding 120 skill points of something... Chivalry to remove curse is only 60 skill points.. Not a huge sacrifice realistically.
My mistake, I dont keep up to date on your templates.

I did you the curiosity of answering your questions, may you do the same now..... look up

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well lets see virem's videos and your own i've seen you both do over 138, in 4 seconds SOLO.... So Yes you should
While I found myself agreeing originally that the damage in that video was ridiculous, this is very true.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I found myself agreeing originally that the damage in that video was ridiculous, this is very true.
Yea, the damage comparison is true, but there's a big difference.

The difference is the damage Virem does is a combination of 5 different things... (I don't know which template Gen uses that Parthis' is referring too, I'll assume it's a similar template)

Curse - "the warning"
Explode ~34 - Cast time interruptible via player action/awareness
Flame Strike ~42 - Cast time interruptible via player action/awareness
Armor Ignore 35-46 (~46 if cursed + hit lightening going off) - can miss RNG, but players can try and range it if it's done with a melee attack.
Supernova ~27 (if cursed) - Instant, non-interruptible - cannot miss*. (It's a user error if the Supernova is used when not within range)
~149 damage 138 IF hit-lightening on the Armor ignore does not go off. (4 damaging attacks, just one thing interrupted/missing, that combo will NOT kill you)

If you die to that combo, it's because you didn't do anything about it.

Corpse Skin - Cast time/interruptible
Omen - "weaken cast-time" interrupting this is hard & and also not worth it.
concussion/crushing both = ~60+* (depending on weapon) - This is the only "Damaging" attack. the only chance it is missed is RNG.
*Archery has the same minimum damage, but a much higher maximum damage though due to velocity, but is also easier to use due to the range.

If you die to this combo, it's because you can't do anything about it, - RNG/Luck is not a strategy.

There does have to be a reasonable amount of damage done by melee attacks as well as ranged, but ranged doing more damage in almost every situation is just ridiculous.
Personally, I think the damage of EO+crushing/concussion was reasonable before the corpse skin update.

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran

The difference is the damage Virem does is a combination of 5 different things... (I don't know which template Gen uses that Parthis' is referring too, I'll assume it's a similar template)

Curse - "the warning"
Armor Ignore 35-46 (~46 if cursed + hit lightening going off) - can miss RNG, but players can try and range it if it's done with a melee attack.
Supernova ~27 (if cursed) - Instant, non-interruptible - cannot miss*. (It's a user error if the Supernova is used when not within range)
~149 damage 138 IF hit-lightening on the Armor ignore does not go off. (4 damaging attacks, just one thing interrupted/missing, that combo will NOT kill you)

concussion/crushing both = ~60+* (depending on weapon) - This is the only "Damaging" attack. the only chance it is missed is RNG.
*Archery has the same minimum damage, but a much higher maximum damage though due to velocity, but is also easier to use due to the range.

If you die to this combo, it's because you can't do anything about it, - RNG/Luck is not a strategy.

There does have to be a reasonable amount of damage done by melee attacks as well as ranged, but ranged doing more damage in almost every situation is just ridiculous.
Personally, I think the damage of EO+crushing/concussion was reasonable before the corpse skin update.
Thanks. I was too lazy to write that:heart:
Yes, I play insta kill templates but not to this degree where you cannot do anything about it (rng).

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Curse - "the warning"

Thanks. I was too lazy to write that:heart:
Yes, I play insta kill templates but not to this degree where you cannot do anything about it (rng).
Makes sense I agree.

ansyears

Adventurer
Can you avoid being hit by a conq blow ?
Can you run away if you are corpsed?
Can you use an apple to remove a curse?
Can you Use a smoke bomb instead of using hiding?
Should you of just ran?
Can your team mate do anything to help you in this situation?

Please answer these questions in a yes or no fashion and try not to deviate from them too much, it will be difficult i understand, but give it your best go!
Well said and I officially declare you the winner of this argument.

ansyears

Adventurer

Curse - "the warning"

To say you can do something about explode flame strike armor ignore but can't do anything about corpse omen concussion just makes me laugh so hard, like is this guy for real? Apparently you can't fizzle the corpse or omen , you can't disarm, you can't apple, can't remove curse, can't use your box.

You don't die to one corpse skin omen concussion

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To say you can do something about explode flame strike armor ignore but can't do anything about corpse omen concussion just makes me laugh so hard, like is this guy for real? Apparently you can't fizzle the corpse or omen , you can't disarm, you can't apple, can't remove curse, can't use your box.

You don't die to one corpse skin omen concussion
lol, you obviously don't know how to pvp if you can't tell the difference.

No one said you die to one concussion... but you can't fizzle concussion. let the real players talk.

ansyears

Adventurer
lol, you obviously don't know how to pvp if you can't tell the difference.

No one said you die to one concussion... but you can't fizzle concussion. let the real players talk.
If you can do something about explosion fs armor ignore you can do something about corpse evil omen concussion. Only someone that has no clue how to pvp would disagree with that.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can do something about explosion fs armor ignore you can do something about corpse evil omen concussion. Only someone that has no clue how to pvp would disagree with that.
What he's forgotten about pvp, you only wish you'd be able to learn. Do you understand the difference between Virem's combo, which is 100% timing/player skill (except for Armor Ignore & Hit Spell/Velocity - I don't think we've ever fought, so idk what weapon skill he uses) and an Omen/Conc dexer? An Omen/Conc dexer's damage is purely from RNG determining whether they'll hit you or not, so they ultimately have no control over the damage actually happening. For the most part, any mistakes in Virem's combo are due to player error.

Just because a player "can do something" to stop an Omen/Conc dexer is absolutely meaningless. If you get rid of curse, omen, corpse, etc, it just gets reapplied while you're on apple timer. Disarm isn't likely to work because of the mastery, you CAN interrupt an Omen, but it's hard to do, etc.

It's quite obvious that you have absolutely no clue about anything related to pvp, so please let the adults, who actually pvp, continue talking.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Okay, I disagree a lot about what you guys have said recently, for the fact - dexxers are purey RNG. Any player who thinks this really is not a good Dexxer, or may not fully understand what exactly the diffrance are between good and bad dexxers.
Any dexxer template requires a whole lot of skill, It may be different to how mages see skill it's just different skill. That's why, for example: Mike is/was the best death striker, because of how he played that template - hate him or love him, he was the most effective on that template for a reason.

Do not get me wrong there is an element to RNG in dexxers. However, there is an element of RNG for mages as well - which you quite clearly don't believe in, lets quickly explain casting focus and the difference between a 35-40 damage flame strike. - directed at cossack

Now, the RNG for dexxers this is mostly directed at cossack, You mention firstly, that virmes combo is 100% timing and player skill apparently, apart from the AI, How is the AI involved no skill, he still has to get his movement patterns correct and get within x amount of tiles of you while youre running... Please feel free to explain this to me, because i think it requires a whole lot of skill to efficiently predict where someone is going to be there before them..
Omen, Conq is not purely RNG. and requires skill to pull it off at the correct time for effectiveness, Much like virems combo if its done in the wrong time its useless....

Now, just because you play a pure mage - doesn't mean there aren't other ways for a curse to be removed, you have had a completely biaz in your approach just mentioning apple times.. I would suggest you look into a mystic mage if curses are causing problems or just adding chivalry along the road

Coveant,
"
Curse - "the warning"
"

Corpse skin - "the Warning "
Omen - " The extremely close warning"
Conq blow lets just go out on a limb and say anywhere from 60-100?
Now let's say, thats the end of this, combo - NO ONE is instantly dead,
You would then have to get moving shots or a convenient super nova and then moving shot..

Now, Is that excessive... Mmmm a little, but is it avoidable yes. and is a player sacrificing alot to be able to do this damage. I think this is like the opposite to the ultimate chiv defence templates, it's very one dimensional to a certain extent very vulnerable, and any player worth a damn should not really be dying to it

Well said and I officially declare you the winner of this argument.
Well, thank you

And you guys really need to mind your attitudes saying stuff like let the real pvpers talk... How , do you ever expect anyone to really learn, or take the time - when youre generally being unfair.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
· As for Siege, I feel that the Siege community are the only ones who know what their needs are for enjoyable combat. We are open to suggestions that will improve the overall experience of the Siege player base. As a Siege player, what should the cost be to participate in PvP?

· “If we are talking about putting special moves back can I please have them back while in forms? It's stupid to have them unable to be used just because I changed forms.” Maybe the forms need special moves of their own?

· I’m not a fan of “Weapon Specials being toggled while casting or holding spells” as it was stated during the discussion this would increase burst damage templates and would have too big of an impact on the current meta.

· I would like to get more of the community’s feelings on allowing shields to be disarmed or why should we continue to not allow shields to be disarmed? There have been some light responses but I would like to hear more meat and potatoes :)
Concerning Siege the entire archery discussion does not apply 100% because without insurance not many people can afford to risk loosing their 210+ stamina suits to a gank (which is bound to happen somewhere down the line). So Siege archers usually do not swing faster than 1.5 (after pots) because they need to rely on imbued suits with a max of 8 stamina per piece ... most people even only use 7 stamin per piece to keep costs lower.
So I believe from a Siege perspective archery does not need to be nerfed. I could live with a hci penalty for moving shot but I think it is pretty balanced the way it is now on Siege.
What does apply is the stacking of curse and corpse skin to lower resists and this should definately be looked into. It is simply too much damage for pvp.
In general Siege would benefit from an increase in artifact and imbuing ingredienst drops. If those all become more affordable and easier to replace when lost people would use them more. Also what would help Siege is to apply the 1000 luck bonus that exists in Felucca to all the facets. On Siege for some reason this doesn't even exist in Fel. Since all facets have Fel ruleset they should all get the luck bonus. Increasing the drop rates and applying the luck bonus shouldn't be too much of a coding problem.
Another approach would be to add VvV artifacts so people can have a consistent basis for building suits. The problem is, that with the all Fel ruleset also non-VvV players and the PvM community will be affected by this. The VvV artifacts should thus be usable by anyone (even non-VvV players) to at least level the playing field equipmentwise (there's still the skill gap between PvP and PvM people) or they need to be toned down in order to not artificially increase the large gap between those groups even more. Not sure how much extra work this would involve as compared to the increased drop rate and luck changes above...

Concerning special moves in forms or their own special moves for each form as you suggested: this already exists, although not for every form. Tiger form has the automatic bleed and evasion special moves. What I don't understand is why Tiger form does not apply bleed when an archer uses it. Did people think this would be overpowered? Since you can't use moving **** while in Tiger form I don't think it would be overpowered...

Allowing weapon specials toggled while casting spells would mess up balance even more. It was nerefed for a good reason...leave this as it is.

Disarming shields: I think this should be possible. When disarmed, casters still have their 45 dci and wrestling or eval/anatomy as defence which can only be lowered by hld. Compare this to melee or ranged warriors: Once they get disarmed they are without any defense whatsoever. For parry melee warriors you should have to disarm both, weapon and shield with one disarm for each of them. The argument has been brought up that paladins will potentially loose their fc1 or other important mods when shields can be disarmed - well sure but that's also the case for disarming weapons, so not really a true point against allowing disarms on shields...

Anyway...my two cents from a Siege Perilous perspective

ansyears

Adventurer
What he's forgotten about pvp, you only wish you'd be able to learn. Do you understand the difference between Virem's combo, which is 100% timing/player skill (except for Armor Ignore & Hit Spell/Velocity - I don't think we've ever fought, so idk what weapon skill he uses) and an Omen/Conc dexer? An Omen/Conc dexer's damage is purely from RNG determining whether they'll hit you or not, so they ultimately have no control over the damage actually happening. For the most part, any mistakes in Virem's combo are due to player error.

Just because a player "can do something" to stop an Omen/Conc dexer is absolutely meaningless. If you get rid of curse, omen, corpse, etc, it just gets reapplied while you're on apple timer. Disarm isn't likely to work because of the mastery, you CAN interrupt an Omen, but it's hard to do, etc.

It's quite obvious that you have absolutely no clue about anything related to pvp, so please let the adults, who actually pvp, continue talking.
Virems combo is not 100% timing and player skill base, Do you know what casting focus is? Do you understand he has rng with his armor ignore just like any other dexxer has? Do you understand that there is rng for him not to get hit with a wep and interrupt him? Do you know what precasting is??

You didn't think of any of this because you don't pvp now shoo.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virems combo is not 100% timing and player skill base, Do you know what casting focus is? Do you understand he has rng with his armor ignore just like any other dexxer has? Do you understand that there is rng for him not to get hit with a wep and interrupt him? Do you know what precasting is??

Did I say it was? Oh wait, I DIDN'T. What I actually said was: Most of Virem's combo, if you're bad, will go off without a lot of difficulty. You can get around Exp/FS by interrupting, which is something you can control (Casting Focus is a thing, yes, but it's more likely to NOT go off.) If he gets the full combo off (with the possible exception of Armor Ignore, which is purely up to the RNG), it's because you suck. If an Omen/Conc dexer actually lands a hit (ignoring everything leading up to said hit), it's not due to player skill.

But hey, if you think I don't pvp, feel free to fight me 1v1, any template you want. PM me to set it up.

Do not get me wrong there is an element to RNG in dexxers. However, there is an element of RNG for mages as well - which you quite clearly don't believe in, lets quickly explain casting focus and the difference between a 35-40 damage flame strike. - directed at cossack

And you guys really need to mind your attitudes saying stuff like let the real pvpers talk... How , do you ever expect anyone to really learn, or take the time - when youre generally being unfair.
RNG for mages (outside of chance for a dexer to miss) doesn't even play a part unless you're talking Casting Focus. You do know this, right? Sure, pretty much every piece has CF, so it's going to go off eventually.

Real pvp'ers: ansyears is quite clearly in over his head and has zero clue about pvp.

Now, Is that excessive... Mmmm a little, but is it avoidable yes. and is a player sacrificing alot to be able to do this damage. I think this is like the opposite to the ultimate chiv defence templates, it's very one dimensional to a certain extent very vulnerable, and any player worth a damn should not really be dying to it
Actually, Omen/Conc doesn't have to sacrifice that much to get that much damage. One-dimensional? Maybe. But saying anyone who's remotely decent shouldn't die to it? You should know better than to say something like that.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

I play a tactics Mage minus the alchemy.

He is running a 50% block only and is pretty vulnerable considering this.

Casting focus does help, but caps at what 12%? So aligning his combo does have some skill to it, since this clearly won't help all the spells in the combo.

I use parry and even at 67.5% blocking can be difficult to land the exp Fs AI.

So you add in the time to often curse, re-curse, explosion, flame strike, and get the AI and hit spell to go off has to be somewhat lucky.

So yeah there's some skill to it and some RNG. It is nowhere similar to someone mashing the concussion macro every 1.5 seconds while other people cast debuffs on you, let alone the damage it did in one shot vs the entire combo of exp Fs AI and his nova.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just start a trial account every two weeks, farm BODs and sell them to all the nerds foaming at mouth over new sweeeeet leeeeett graphics! *Balanced*! UO Fixed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Concerning special moves in forms or their own special moves for each form as you suggested: this already exists, although not for every form. Tiger form has the automatic bleed and evasion special moves. What I don't understand is why Tiger form does not apply bleed when an archer uses it. Did people think this would be overpowered? Since you can't use moving **** while in Tiger form I don't think it would be overpowered...
Bleed with ranged weapons wouldn't be overpowered because you can't use other specials while in form? If ranged weapons could use bleed what would be the point in using melee weapons? That would be a balance issue...

but the following would mess up balance?
Allowing weapon specials toggled while casting spells would mess up balance even more. It was nerefed for a good reason...leave this as it is.
What balance would become messed up?
What's the "Good reason" it was nerfed?

You can't have a constructive argument if no one knows what's wrong or why things were done in the first place.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disarming shields: I think this should be possible. When disarmed, casters still have their 45 dci and wrestling or eval/anatomy as defence which can only be lowered by hld. Compare this to melee or ranged warriors: Once they get disarmed they are without any defense whatsoever. For parry melee warriors you should have to disarm both, weapon and shield with one disarm for each of them. The argument has been brought up that paladins will potentially loose their fc1 or other important mods when shields can be disarmed - well sure but that's also the case for disarming weapons, so not really a true point against allowing disarms on shields...
And when both weapon and shield (if they have one) are disarmed, said melee dexer is going to be completely defenseless. If you think it's that great an idea, play for 30 minutes at Yew Gate on a prodo shard (let's say Atl) without a shield, and see how often you get killed on a melee dexer.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And when both weapon and shield (if they have one) are disarmed, said melee dexer is going to be completely defenseless. If you think it's that great an idea, play for 30 minutes at Yew Gate on a prodo shard (let's say Atl) without a shield, and see how often you get killed on a melee dexer.
This is really about the only point I'd disagree with you on since the vulnerability is the same on many other templates.

I need to try out the timer and see if that's a thing still.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Okay, I believe casting focus goes up to 20% with scribe + items, not 100% sure on this... but to me it seems pretty game ruining, remember when pure mage duels mattered and passive casting focus wouldnt change anything.

If you think conc blow corpse omen takes more skill or just as much as pulling off a disrupt-able combo where you can weaken every spell and avoid a nova, melee hit then you are dense. Please let the real pvpers fix this game you clueless imbeciles.
Well you can't even seem to type the correct order the spells go in, so i guess it does take some sort of skill

I play a tactics Mage minus the alchemy.

He is running a 50% block only and is pretty vulnerable considering this.

Casting focus does help, but caps at what 12%? So aligning his combo does have some skill to it, since this clearly won't help all the spells in the combo.

I use parry and even at 67.5% blocking can be difficult to land the exp Fs AI.

So you add in the time to often curse, re-curse, explosion, flame strike, and get the AI and hit spell to go off has to be somewhat lucky.

So yeah there's some skill to it and some RNG. It is nowhere similar to someone mashing the concussion macro every 1.5 seconds while other people cast debuffs on you, let alone the damage it did in one shot vs the entire combo of exp Fs AI and his nova.
Okay im just going to say youre a archer mage for the case of this, why you haven't got alchemy is beyond me.... But what ever,

So firstly your template has higher damage output than just about any other template in the game, however for this damage output it loses alot of defence ie not having parry,
This game is a trade off. You have to realise that at least, there should be no template where you can do 150 damage and insane survivability.

And if youre just trying to curse explor flame strike, youre going about that all wrong. Unless obviously its a big team fight. But 1vs1 you build up your sash. and you get them to about 50% and then you get an ai nova.. its just ********, in 1vs1s.

Cossack,

The day you get classed as a real pvper, is probably the day this game dies. You were known as a joke on LS and that has just continued onto atl.
Any time you want to 1vs1 just ICQ me 270094603.. The minimum price for this fight 500m,and I will use Balinor thank you for letting me use any template i want. Damn decent of you idiotic but damn decent...

And when you dodge this which will happen almost instantly because you really weren't sure who you were talking **** too, I except a full written letter of apology to every member who has posted in this thread for wasting their time in reading your pointless additions to this conversation. And furthermore, this letter will go on to state, that you will never challenge people to fights who are your superiors again.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Okay, I believe casting focus goes up to 20% with scribe + items, not 100% sure on this... but to me it seems pretty game ruining, remember when pure mage duels mattered and passive casting focus wouldnt change anything.
Nah, it's actually 5% (17% total)with gm scribe but tactics mages cannot fit scribe that I'm aware of so I don't think that's a valid argument. Maybe with some incredibly sick jewelry maybe?

Okay im just going to say youre a archer mage for the case of this, why you haven't got alchemy is beyond me.... But what ever,

So firstly your template has higher damage output than just about any other template in the game, however for this damage output it loses alot of defence ie not having parry,
This game is a trade off. You have to realise that at least, there should be no template where you can do 150 damage and insane survivability.

And if youre just trying to curse explor flame strike, youre going about that all wrong. Unless obviously its a big team fight. But 1vs1 you build up your sash. and you get them to about 50% and then you get an ai nova.. its just ********, in 1vs1s.

No I traded alchemy for parry, hence why i have 67.5% blocking, why you'd automatically assume this meant I had archery...well that speaks for itself. It was more useful when I was playing solo vs groups. Glass cannons don't last long in that scenario.

As far as "my" template having higher damage output, I cannot drop an 80 point hit in 1.5 seconds. It takes that long just to cast flamestrike with max fc, assuming im not interrupted.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well you can't even seem to type the correct order the spells go in, so i guess it does take some sort of skill

Cossack,

The day you get classed as a real pvper, is probably the day this game dies. You were known as a joke on LS and that has just continued onto atl.
Any time you want to 1vs1 just ICQ me 270094603.. The minimum price for this fight 500m,and I will use Balinor thank you for letting me use any template i want. Damn decent of you idiotic but damn decent...

And when you dodge this which will happen almost instantly because you really weren't sure who you were talking **** too, I except a full written letter of apology to every member who has posted in this thread for wasting their time in reading your pointless additions to this conversation. And furthermore, this letter will go on to state, that you will never challenge people to fights who are your superiors again.
Just for the record..not to be the bearer of bad news. Anyone using 5 accounts and multibixing to pvp...shouldn't. I don't know any of your other characters, but that's the lamest **** I've ever seen in UO

Edit: however at that..it was absolutely hilarious the first time we were sitting there BSing in vent deciding what we were doing and got hit with 5 withers. So +1 for fun factor

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cossack,

17% with Scribe, 12% from items. Dan, you are FAR from qualified to call other people real pvp'ers, considering you're a European player that's a hell of a lot faster than pretty much every American player. PS: I was talking to Ansyears, not you, and I doubt you're posting on two accounts. That should have been quite evident considering who I quoted. Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, is it?

Also, the game isn't dying because of people like me. It's dying because of two things: "pvp'ers" like you, and a dev team that has no clue what they're doing.

Just for the record..not to be the bearer of bad news. Anyone using 5 accounts and multibixing to pvp...shouldn't. I don't know any of your other characters, but that's the lamest **** I've ever seen in UO

Edit: however at that..it was absolutely hilarious the first time we were sitting there BSing in vent deciding what we were doing and got hit with 5 withers. So +1 for fun factor

Wither? When I got hit with it, it was nether cyclone. Was def amusing, but still, LAME.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Skill vs skill has become skill + RNG vs skill + RNG. (mage duels)
Casting focus is game ruining, I most definitely don't disagree with you there. I've said it for years, no one seems to be vocal about it, but most/all seem to agree...
and before someone responds to this part I'll tell you what they're going to say... "It's fine as is without saying what makes it fine." -People don't know what the hell they're talking about. it's stupid.

That just shows a problem with Alchemy. Any template (mostly mages though) that don't have Alchemy are at a major disadvantage for choosing any skill OTHER than Alchemy.
I'd elaborate more on that, but it could all be gathered by reading the rest of the thread.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the record....12% CF in items and 5% inscribe bonus so uh..17% total

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...there are lots of templates out there that don't use shields or even can not use shields (archer, samurai, ninja, mageweapon templates) and all of those only require a single disarm to render them completely defenseless. At least for a parry warrior with a shield you'd have to disarm twice to put him in that position and let's be honest, the player that doesn't immediately run or smokebomb or do whatever to escape once disarmed is simply doing it wrong...

ansyears

Adventurer
Did I say it was? Oh wait, I DIDN'T. What I actually said was: Most of Virem's combo, if you're bad, will go off without a lot of difficulty. You can get around Exp/FS by interrupting, which is something you can control (Casting Focus is a thing, yes, but it's more likely to NOT go off.) If he gets the full combo off (with the possible exception of Armor Ignore, which is purely up to the RNG), it's because you suck. If an Omen/Conc dexer actually lands a hit (ignoring everything leading up to said hit), it's not due to player skill.

But hey, if you think I don't pvp, feel free to fight me 1v1, any template you want. PM me to set it up.

RNG for mages (outside of chance for a dexer to miss) doesn't even play a part unless you're talking Casting Focus. You do know this, right? Sure, pretty much every piece has CF, so it's going to go off eventually.

Real pvp'ers: ansyears is quite clearly in over his head and has zero clue about pvp.

Actually, Omen/Conc doesn't have to sacrifice that much to get that much damage. One-dimensional? Maybe. But saying anyone who's remotely decent shouldn't die to it? You should know better than to say something like that.
"Virem's combo, which is 100% timing/player skill (except for Armor Ignore" You were wrong when you said this, because there is still RNG going on when he casts those explo and fs, do you understand ?? If he gets the full combo off even if RNG is on his side... you suck?? why isn't it the same for the necro??

Hey If you think Necros are so over powered and take no skill, copy covenants suit to TC and fight me. Prove your point and shut me up. I'll bring curse scrolls for you in case you forget them, I really want to see all those curses you get off on me.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Virem's combo, which is 100% timing/player skill (except for Armor Ignore" You were wrong when you said this, because there is still RNG going on when he casts those explo and fs, do you understand ?? If he gets the full combo off even if RNG is on his side... you suck?? why isn't it the same for the necro??

Hey If you think Necros are so over powered and take no skill, copy covenants suit to TC and fight me. Prove your point and shut me up. I'll bring curse scrolls for you in case you forget them, I really want to see all those curses you get off on me.
I don't pvp on dexers. Literally EVERYONE that pvp's knows this. And where, in any of my recent posts, did I say I thought Omen Conc was overpowered? I'm pretty sure I didn't, nor do I personally think it is (in a 1v1 situation), although I understand that its damage on a single hit is much greater than anything else. In fact, until recently, it was UNDERPOWERED because Corpse Skin didn't have the benefit of Focused Spec.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Same thing for omen concussion.
Do we really have to argue this?

There's no skill pressing two buttons.

Ones a .5 second spell.

The other is 1.5 seconds of macro mashing.

The rest of the debuffs are/were performed by others.

If RNG chains just two concussions, it's over 120 points in damage just for the hits in 3 seconds. Not including hit spells which could put it over 160...

Please, let's stop with the pointless interjections.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Do people not understand there are multiple ways to easily remove an omen from themselves?

Yeah, I generally do a small damage tick to void it but it's not always effective if they're spamming it on you while you're running.

It's a .5 second spell one of them will eventually be successful.

Unless you're saying you've been hit with omen and never had it stack damage. Maybe I need a lesson too...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Apparently using a box is difficult :<
The worst thing about a box is it takes the active target away in CC.

I haven't looked in UOA or client macros to see if there is a macro to attack the last.

It's not hard to double click them, it's just annoying. It never used to be that way.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stopping the speeders, scripts, and illegal 3rd party programs that require ZERO skill to win
would balance this game FAR more then any suggestions I've read so far. - FACT.
We already went down this road. Not a fact, nor the most important thing to balance this game.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Stopping the speeders, scripts, and illegal 3rd party programs that require ZERO skill to win
would balance this game FAR more then any suggestions I've read so far. - FACT.

* I think this thread was @Bleak 's attempt to break the all-time record for thread views *
I think the number of views speaks volume for the PVP aspect of the game which is largely overlooked most of the time.

I think most of us were already in favor of curbing cheating without saying.

However, there are still mechanics outside of that that need adjustments.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
13.5 K views by 197 members.

ansyears

Adventurer
I don't pvp on dexers. Literally EVERYONE that pvp's knows this. And where, in any of my recent posts, did I say I thought Omen Conc was overpowered? I'm pretty sure I didn't, nor do I personally think it is (in a 1v1 situation), although I understand that its damage on a single hit is much greater than anything else. In fact, until recently, it was UNDERPOWERED because Corpse Skin didn't have the benefit of Focused Spec.
its a no skill template (your words), it shouldn't be a problem. You are against corpse and curse stacking, so try and stack them in a 1v1 against me, lets see how good you do. Please don't back down like your buddy.

ansyears

Adventurer
Do we really have to argue this?

There's no skill pressing two buttons.

Ones a .5 second spell.

The other is 1.5 seconds of macro mashing.

The rest of the debuffs are/were performed by others.

If RNG chains just two concussions, it's over 120 points in damage just for the hits in 3 seconds. Not including hit spells which could put it over 160...

Please, let's stop with the pointless interjections.
You say there is no skill pressing two buttons but you said earlier there is skill in casting explo fs? Make up your mind. If you die to 2 omen concussions that is your fault!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its a no skill template (your words), it shouldn't be a problem. You are against corpse and curse stacking, so try and stack them in a 1v1 against me, lets see how good you do. Please don't back down like your buddy.
I've managed to get FLAMESTRIKE off in mage 1v1's. Do you honestly think I'd have trouble casting both corpse & curse when playing a dexer?

You say there is no skill pressing two buttons but you said earlier there is skill in casting explo fs? Make up your mind. If you die to 2 omen concussions that is your fault!
No, it isn't. Because you can't control when the omen/conc dexer actually hits you, nor can they. But you CAN stop Explosion/Flamestrike (even in a group fight, although it's admittedly harder to do) with a simple weaken; if you fail to interrupt an Exp/FS combo 1v1, it's because you suck.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That's because they're not comparable....nice try though. To also add I said there was some skill getting off the said combo earlier not only in casting exp Fs...

Do me a favor look up casting time, think through RNG and interruptions etc then come back and try to imply these are equivalent.

And stop with the straw man argument, no one said anything about dieing to two concusions and evil omen. I gave the damage output.

Maybe PVP isn't your thing. There's a nice thread about the BOD festival you may be interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.