• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 87 to Origin and Izumo

Status
Not open for further replies.

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Oct 16 17:30 GMT
Good afternoon,

We are publishing and patching a client out for Publish 87 to Origin and Izumo today, we look forward to your feedback. This will go World Wide on the Tuesday 21st. .

Pub 87 to Origin & Izumo

• Treasures of Doom
    • The NPC at the Research Camp outside of Doom will now resurrect players.
    • The drop rate for artifacts of doom has been increased substantially. Luck and creature difficulty will positively influence the chance at receiving an artifact of doom, being hidden will decrease the chance at receiving an artifact of doom.
    • As a result of the increased drop rate, some turn in reward prices have been adjusted and are still subject to change based on feedback before WW release.
  • Ship cargo containers will no longer be locked or trapped.
  • Certain items that had missing default names will no longer be improperly placed inside of a trade crate when using “Fill from Backpack.”
  • The VvV participant flag will now be removed after 8 hours.

Enhanced Client Bug Fixes

• User Setting "Block War on Guild" has been updated to "Block War on Friendly"
  • Save Journal Option is functional once again
  • Removed hotbar item disabling on player death, low mana, minimum skill requirements, and paralyzed
  • Hotbar context menu options for Polymorph, Spell Trigger, and Enchant Spell are now functional
  • Corrected issue where bank boxes do not show full contents in grid view. Known Issue bank boxes do not show grid view option when first opened
  • Corrected contents information when displaying weight
  • Improved performance of hotbars while they are hidden
  • Temporarily disabled heartbeat on low health

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well it was patched and back up before the announcement was posted, that was fast!

Within 2 minutes of Trick or Treating I got a spider web, 70.2 begging so that was nice.

Heading to Doom now :) Thanks!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix Thanks for listening and making the VvV flag longer than two hours. What happened to removing silver points for occupying cities?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
25 minutes of killing rotters in Doom and I got a drop, seems to be a lot better considering it took me over an hour on Test...so YAY thanks! :)

Only 415 luck atm so with higher luck maybe more drops, will test that later gotta go do dishes :/ lol.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Twenty points for a completely unopposed city seems a bit low, thats including claiming an alter solo. Seems like there might be some middle group, like no points just for occupation, but a hundred for actively claiming the alter, or something. Haven't tried stealing yet.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Twenty points for a completely unopposed city seems a bit low, thats including claiming an alter solo. Seems like there might be some middle group, like no points just for occupation, but a hundred for actively claiming the alter, or something. Haven't tried stealing yet.
If you went to an un-opposed city, claimed one alter and did nothing else that is working as they have now intended. You only get 20 points for alters, 40 for sigils.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Ship cargo containers will no longer be locked or trapped...
I'm happy to report a successful test on Origin of this change! Many thanks for fixing this!

(Also, for anyone interested, most spawning "dungeon" chests still seem to be double trapped. I haven't quite figured out why some are just single-trapped. Also, bank spawning chests also have inconsistency with the number of traps. Buc's Den blacksmith shop barrels are still locked. Chests in Luna are still locked. )

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meant to add to my previous post that in the last 20 minutes or so, I locked up or was disconnected several times on Origin. Seems a bit unstable at the moment.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you went to an un-opposed city, claimed one alter and did nothing else that is working as they have now intended. You only get 20 points for alters, 40 for sigils.
and how much for kills?

And nothing at all for winning the engagement?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I am not mistaken, ZERO.
*blinks*

Well, who is gonna do this then? How are we working towards the rewards? Did we really just create a pvp grind? And if so, how is that supposed to function? I mean, what pvper is gonna participate?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*blinks*

Well, who is gonna do this then? How are we working towards the rewards? Did we really just create a pvp grind? And if so, how is that supposed to function? I mean, what pvper is gonna participate?
Kills get match points, just not silver points. (I am not saying I agree or disagree with this, just giving out the info). So killing people helps your guild win the match it just doesn't net you silver. I think this was done to reduce silver farming. Perhaps @Kyronix can comment

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kills and assists get both silver and match points. There is a timeout on a kill so you cannot gain either silver or match points from killing the same individual multiple times over and over in a short period.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kills and assists get both silver and match points. There is a timeout on a kill so you cannot gain either silver or match points from killing the same individual multiple times over and over in a short period.
Was this changed with the patch? I don't believe we currently get silver points for kills.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps you could give some idea of the scale of the reward in purportion to alters and sigils. I totally get the part about farming silver being a bit easy since the system went live, especially on low population servers.

But would you consider a little wiggle room on the rewards if participation seems to drop?

My guild goes to get silver, and earn banners, which are shard bound, and pinks, which are account bound and random. So there really isnt any farming happening there in an economic sense. Which, by the way, I considered a well thought through portion of the rewards system. But if we end up not going, or not going nearly as often, I wonder how long it will be before the guild that uses us for target practice will stop coming also.

That has already happened in the evenings when atlantic heats up.

I would think there should be some kind of metric that could act as a mulitpier. Or possibly, instead of turning off the points altogether you could just trickle them. I could be wrong but at even a hundred points a town, that's a hundred towns or approximately five hundred active minutes on the system to get a top tier reward, if one is completely unopposed.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was this changed with the patch? I don't believe we currently get silver points for kills.
I have not tested this, but it always seemed to me, if pvp is the game we are playing we should get points for that kind of skill.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not tested this, but it always seemed to me, if pvp is the game we are playing we should get points for that kind of skill.
You'd have my agreement on that one. And I think farming kills isn't anymore beneficial than alters or sigils you know?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One more time about Sterling Silver Ring

Waste of at least one property - 20 meditation or 75% DI. Who want meditation on warrior template wearing non medit armor? Who want weapon damage increase on non warrior template? Ok, there is 5% or less templates, who may use this ring. But without HCI and DCI?

I hope there was one word missed. Should be Spell Damage Increase 75%

PS: what are available skills and is it one time selection? Is it possible to change selection later?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One more time about Sterling Silver Ring

Waste of at least one property - 20 meditation or 75% DI. Who want meditation on warrior template wearing non medit armor? Who want weapon damage increase on non warrior template? Ok, there is 5% or less templates, who may use this ring. But without HCI and DCI?

I hope there was one word missed. Should be Spell Damage Increase 75%

PS: what are available skills and is it one time selection? Is it possible to change selection later?
The Sterling Silver Ring is complementary to the Crystalline Ring. The Crystalline Ring has 20% SDI, which equates to approximately 75% DI for the Sterling Silver Ring in terms of intensity. The available skills that can be added to the ring are Archery, Fencing, Mace Fighting, Swordsmanship, Throwing, and Wrestling. Once the selection has been made, it cannot be changed.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Sterling Silver Ring is complementary to the Crystalline Ring. The Crystalline Ring has 20% SDI, which equates to approximately 75% DI for the Sterling Silver Ring in terms of intensity. The available skills that can be added to the ring are Archery, Fencing, Mace Fighting, Swordsmanship, Throwing, and Wrestling. Once the selection has been made, it cannot be changed.
Ok, so its warrior ring for someone ignoring benefits of plate or studded nonmedit armor?
Consider or place voting for replacing 20 meditation to anything from list:
20 focus
5 or 10 dex
10 or 15 or 20 dci
10 or 15 or 20 hci
leave 20 meditation
replace both skills to 20 tactic 20 anatomy

Philip

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
With the amount of time I spend doing VvV I would have to say I have NEVER seen my progress bar increase from killing opposing members. If so, it is such a low amount it is unnoticeable. I think there needs to be a serious evaluation to the points distribution.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for ruining the fun. I'll be going back to ps4/Destiny instead of the new VvV system. Crybabies win UO.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix How long will Treasures of Doom and trick or treating last?

Philip

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for ruining the fun. I'll be going back to ps4/Destiny instead of the new VvV system. Crybabies win UO.
Or maybe the core group of PVPers that actually want to engage in open combat and not sit around and track for a thief are voicing their opinions?? Trust me when I say I know what it's like to be a minority in this game...but as of right now, the 5 total thiefs across all continental US PRODO shards (in comparison to the 100s of PvPers), are ruining this new system. All I am asking for is balance, and if you, being a thief, are not realizing how OP you are need to open your eyes and be ok with compromise....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im guessing the treasures of doom will be forever...doom aint been touched in many years by any players....yes it will breathe life back into doom and getting the skulls to get in

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or maybe the core group of PVPers that actually want to engage in open combat and not sit around and track for a thief are voicing their opinions?? Trust me when I say I know what it's like to be a minority in this game...but as of right now, the 5 total thiefs across all continental US PRODO shards (in comparison to the 100s of PvPers), are ruining this new system. All I am asking for is balance, and if you, being a thief, are not realizing how OP you are need to open your eyes and be ok with compromise....
I think hiding should not be allowed in a VvV region

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trick or Treating for the remainder of the month of October. Treasures of Doom exact end date is TBA (depends on our Pub 88 schedule).
Are you saying that we can only trick or treat for ten days? 21st to 31st?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can only trick or treat in RL for 1 day :mad:
Oh you poor baby! Then please visit llama land where we used to trick or treat many many days... heh Oh and stay away from real candy, it rots teeth.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think hiding should not be allowed in a VvV region
I think poisoning shouldn't be allowed in a VvV region.

Oh smack that's right I've already adapted my playstyle to the glut of nox death strikers...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix Thanks for listening and making the VvV flag longer than two hours. What happened to removing silver points for occupying cities?
@Kyronix 8 hours ????

I thought 2 hours was already waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and now we get 8 hours ????

This is way too long.

A non-VvV character misses the teleporting gump and is out of playing Felucca for 8 hours unless they get themselves killed ..... I am speechless .......

Last edited:

Philip

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I can only trick or treat in RL for 1 day :mad:
And actually make people engage in PVP? OH LAWD, heaven forbid!
I think poisoning shouldn't be allowed in a VvV region.

Oh smack that's right I've already adapted my playstyle to the glut of nox death strikers...
Sucks you are struggling, my mystic scribe mage does just fine against their dp without any EP on the suit...

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And actually make people engage in PVP? OH LAWD, heaven forbid!

Sucks you are struggling, my mystic scribe mage does just fine against their dp without any EP on the suit...
You missed the point and that is OK. Reading comprehension works wonders too...

EP doesn't get along very well with gm poisoning anyway. BTW parry was a better option, their hits not getting in to begin with helped a lot more than trying to cure it.

Philip

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I understand what you were trying to imply; that you adapted due to the competitions play style, but I also felt your interjection was not a very good one...

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand what you were trying to imply; that you adapted due to the competitions play style, but I also felt your interjection was not a very good one...
Oh good, glad I was understandable. I think its a perfect example. Instead of nerfing a valid playstyle, adapting to it. You are obviously entitled to your opinion though, this is a discussion forum after all!

And for the record if you read my other posts in this and the similar thread, I agree that sigils need to be adjusted. I do not agree that hiding should be banned from battle zones though. If someone wants to come in with blacksmithy then by all means let them. We all have 720 skill points, let people use whichever they want. If blacksmithy let me throw tongs at the alter to win the round I'd surely give it a go.

Galedriel613

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
" You only get 20 points for alters, 40 for sigils."
Wow - really really low points - not worth playing VvV then. Sigh - I guess I'll have to find something else to play.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh good, glad I was understandable. I think its a perfect example. Instead of nerfing a valid playstyle, adapting to it. You are obviously entitled to your opinion though, this is a discussion forum after all!

And for the record if you read my other posts in this and the similar thread, I agree that sigils need to be adjusted. I do not agree that hiding should be banned from battle zones though. If someone wants to come in with blacksmithy then by all means let them. We all have 720 skill points, let people use whichever they want. If blacksmithy let me throw tongs at the alter to win the round I'd surely give it a go.
Made me lol, and dammit, YES! It's a sandbox game after all. God, now I want a tong throwing blacksmith, and a needle throwing tailor too!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Sooo I go onto Origin and search for all the new stuff. Towel, artwork, 17th, marble bar, stuff like that. Nothing shows up! What's the deal with that? Why don't the new items show up in search? And why does my search cut off after a few pages on Great Lakes? Vendor search is a great feature, let's not let it turn to crap. Really annoying!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Made GM Begging tonight. In before the patch!
Gratz!

But you don't need GM Begging..I'm only at 70.2 and I have gotten 2 heads on spikes and a small web in the last 15 minutes, which I'm happy about because I do not have patience to GM Begging lol.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Gratz!

But you don't need GM Begging..I'm only at 70.2 and I have gotten 2 heads on spikes and a small web in the last 15 minutes, which I'm happy about because I do not have patience to GM Begging lol.
I scrolled the last 10 points lol It's a very annoying skill to GM! "I have a mind to take a switch to thee!" lol No one likes beggars....

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • The VvV participant flag will now be removed after 8 hours.
So this got increased from 2 hrs to 8?

I don't have enough paws to facepaw this as much as it deserves. Who on earth is so bad at PvP that they needed 2 hours to kill someone? There are NPCs who fight better than that. If you need the full 8 then I realise why some are so scared of my tailor ;)

Wenchy

Status
Not open for further replies.