• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 87 to Origin and Izumo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So this got increased from 2 hrs to 8?

I don't have enough paws to facepaw this as much as it deserves. Who on earth is so bad at PvP that they needed 2 hours to kill someone? There are NPCs who fight better than that. If you need the full 8 then I realise why some are so scared of my tailor ;)
It's not the total amount of time to fight someone, but that if someone wants to join VvV temporarily, the penalty is staying orange (in Felucca) to anyone who might want revenge. I suppose 8 hours is a good balance. Three days was too long for those accidentally caught in a town, and 2 hours too short for opportunists.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not the total amount of time to fight someone, but that if someone wants to join VvV temporarily, the penalty is staying orange (in Felucca) to anyone who might want revenge. I suppose 8 hours is a good balance. Three days was too long for those accidentally caught in a town, and 2 hours too short for opportunists.
Heh, I joking about taking hours to kill someone. Even my tailor kills quicker than that! But really, if the idea is to flag someone who may be interfering and ensure they can be killed by the participating players, it makes no sense for that flag to be maintained longer than the fight itself. Who is really going to be looking for revenge even an hour after that person appears? If you're fighting in the VvV battles, surely when one fight ends you're likely to go to the next city and the next, focusing on the players in those cities rather than the guy who flagged in city 1. Meanwhile that innocent player is nowhere near where you are and cannot be located anyway. So revenge killing them is impossible. It's more likely that they get killed by someone totally unconnected to that fight, simply because they're still orange some time later.

I could add hide and stealth to every character I own and change my game play around these VvV battles, but I really resent having to go to such lengths or detour to cities I don't usually use, when we managed to handle city fighting alongside non-PvPers in the past. You did get blues trying to interfere, but we never had issues we couldn't sort out by ourselves. I'm just amazed that with much better equipment and resources and a smaller shard population, we need full evacuation before a fight. It feels extremely heavy-handed and disproportionate to the risk posed by crafters or non-PvPers.

Wenchy

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heh, I joking about taking hours to kill someone. Even my tailor kills quicker than that! But really, if the idea is to flag someone who may be interfering and ensure they can be killed by the participating players, it makes no sense for that flag to be maintained longer than the fight itself. Who is really going to be looking for revenge even an hour after that person appears? If you're fighting in the VvV battles, surely when one fight ends you're likely to go to the next city and the next, focusing on the players in those cities rather than the guy who flagged in city 1. Meanwhile that innocent player is nowhere near where you are and cannot be located anyway. So revenge killing them is impossible. It's more likely that they get killed by someone totally unconnected to that fight, simply because they're still orange some time later.
It's based on the idea that you might run into an opportunist later, elsewhere in Felucca but not actively seeking him out, and can attack him without getting a count. I've seen it once that a guy realized it wasn't such a good idea to join temporarily, because at the champ spawn later we could all attack him, not just those of us on reds.

It's an imperfect solution to the problem of blue interference at city altars. I've proposed area effects at altars only that attack blue only, or block the area around altars to all blues, but I doubt this current Dev team understands the code that did the latter for factions. It also gets complicated: are blues protected by guards or simply made invulnerable during the fight? Then what about field spells, or are they prevented from those too until they turn orange?

I could add hide and stealth to every character I own and change my game play around these VvV battles, but I really resent having to go to such lengths or detour to cities I don't usually use, when we managed to handle city fighting alongside non-PvPers in the past. You did get blues trying to interfere, but we never had issues we couldn't sort out by ourselves. I'm just amazed that with much better equipment and resources and a smaller shard population, we need full evacuation before a fight. It feels extremely heavy-handed and disproportionate to the risk posed by crafters or non-PvPers.
I know, I simply don't bring my crafters to the battleground cities, ever. Some nights it's hard to find a NPC to bribe that isn't bribed out or asking for five figures.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crying about 8 hours when you are just going to be fine anyway is comical, talk about spilt milk. I'm not sure what it is you are doing with these crafters all night long but it's sure a lot more than I have in the last decade, please fill me in.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's based on the idea that you might run into an opportunist later, elsewhere in Felucca but not actively seeking him out, and can attack him without getting a count. I've seen it once that a guy realized it wasn't such a good idea to join temporarily, because at the champ spawn later we could all attack him, not just those of us on reds.
But I think if the fight ends when it moves from one city to another, that is when any cohesive guild is going to move on together and fight the next battle. If you didn't kill that player inside the city then tough luck, you missed your chance. Much the same as you either kill the house-hider before he hits his doorstep or you leave him to hide like a coward. You don't waste time running off in different directions hunting down crafters ;) Move on to the next battle and focus on the players involved in fighting for that city. Not hunting all day for players who couldn't get out of town in the required time.
It's an imperfect solution to the problem of blue interference at city altars. I've proposed area effects at altars only that attack blue only, or block the area around altars to all blues, but I doubt this current Dev team understands the code that did the latter for factions. It also gets complicated: are blues protected by guards or simply made invulnerable during the fight? Then what about field spells, or are they prevented from those too until they turn orange?
I did wonder about either preventing players from approaching the altars and perhaps prevent these blue players from casting spells in the city during the attack. It really depends what sort of interferences they decide the players have to cope with and which must be prevented. I'm not sure if they can categorise any spells which can be used to block or field players and simply prevent the use of them. But that would make more sense to me than this timer blanket flagging anyone after it runs out. Blues should certainly be protected by guards, or flagged invulnerable.

I know, I simply don't bring my crafters to the battleground cities, ever. Some nights it's hard to find a NPC to bribe that isn't bribed out or asking for five figures.
*nods* It would be a little easier if there was a bit of advanced warning even just a blanket message saying the last battle had ended and if there's a cooldown then nobody can use the warning to know which city was going to be next and set up traps, but we would at least know that a city change was imminent and have that extra warning to move out. It's the sudden 30 secs to evacuate that can be a problem. I might just put hiding on some of my crafters and get them all some soulstones each. Shouldn't be necessary but it looks like it might.

Wenchy

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But I think if the fight ends when it moves from one city to another, that is when any cohesive guild is going to move on together and fight the next battle. If you didn't kill that player inside the city then tough luck, you missed your chance. Much the same as you either kill the house-hider before he hits his doorstep or you leave him to hide like a coward. You don't waste time running off in different directions hunting down crafters ;) Move on to the next battle and focus on the players involved in fighting for that city. Not hunting all day for players who couldn't get out of town in the required time.
Not everybody will fight the next city, though, and it's not so much getting killed but that someone becomes vulnerable in case he's seen later. That guy who thinks he'll jump right in could find himself orange when fighting moves to a spawn. Personally I'd have made it so that passively turning orange is a reduced time (just two hours would discourage blue interference), but attacking a VvV turns the attacker orange for three days, no matter the deaths.

*nods* It would be a little easier if there was a bit of advanced warning even just a blanket message saying the last battle had ended and if there's a cooldown then nobody can use the warning to know which city was going to be next and set up traps, but we would at least know that a city change was imminent and have that extra warning to move out. It's the sudden 30 secs to evacuate that can be a problem. I might just put hiding on some of my crafters and get them all some soulstones each. Shouldn't be necessary but it looks like it might.
Don't forget that guards are turned off immediately, making it worse than 30 seconds. There's no reason for reds (particularly using crystal portals to get to the bank immediately) not to attack blues.[/QUOTE]

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crying about 8 hours when you are just going to be fine anyway is comical, talk about spilt milk. I'm not sure what it is you are doing with these crafters all night long but it's sure a lot more than I have in the last decade, please fill me in.
Why should any non-VvV player (they aren't all crafters) justify anything about what they do to you or anyone else? It is none of your business what others do in town if they aren't involved in a VvV battle.

Or perhaps you can enlighten us. Why do you need characters flagged for no fewer than 8 hours when the city battle takes a fraction of that time and moves on?

Wenchy

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not everybody will fight the next city, though, and it's not so much getting killed but that someone becomes vulnerable in case he's seen later. That guy who thinks he'll jump right in could find himself orange when fighting moves to a spawn. Personally I'd have made it so that passively turning orange is a reduced time (just two hours would discourage blue interference), but attacking a VvV turns the attacker orange for three days, no matter the deaths.
I think it's necessary to just cut it off at the end of a city battle though. 8 hours is one heck of a large window of opportunity to settle your scores. I don't see why a character should spend an entire day flagged simply so others have the opportunity to kill them later. Even flagging an attacker for 3 days seems to run on far beyond a proportionate response to what they did. Better not accidentally hit a 'cast on nearest player' macro in town ;) Once a battle has ended, give a system message to everyone that the fight was ended and 5 mins after that the flags are all revoked. If folk want to fight on and fight elsewhere then they can, they'll just be able to get counts. And now you can buy pardons to wipe those. I understand what you're saying here, but I think this is playing too much into the wish list of PvPers. I think balance has gone out of the window.
Don't forget that guards are turned off immediately, making it worse than 30 seconds. There's no reason for reds (particularly using crystal portals to get to the bank immediately) not to attack blues.
Ah, lovely... forgot about that ;)

Wenchy

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why should any non-VvV player (they aren't all crafters) justify anything about what they do to you or anyone else? It is none of your business what others do in town if they aren't involved in a VvV battle.

Or perhaps you can enlighten us. Why do you need characters flagged for no fewer than 8 hours when the city battle takes a fraction of that time and moves on?

Wenchy
You are making it sound as though you are forced into this which is far from the case, there are many cities to venture to. The last thing I want to do is pretend to have a fight with players like you who would rather not attempt a system. At any time I can move your soap box to the next game breaking issue, just let me know when ok?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are making it sound as though you are forced into this which is far from the case, there are many cities to venture to. The last thing I want to do is pretend to have a fight with players like you who would rather not attempt a system. At any time I can move your soap box to the next game breaking issue, just let me know when ok?
Why don't you give it a rest, and stop equating a valid complaint with opposition to PvP? Notwithstanding that I've likely done more VvV since the start than you ever have (or even PvP since the game was new), there's a right way to do things. My main use for Fel cities was to bribe BODs, and as I've said many a time now, most of the cities are now off-limits to my crafters because of the risk. Before Trammel, being outside a guard zone meant the possibility of being attacked. That was accepted and understood.

Blue interference was a valid concern, but consider how factions dealt with that, and consider alternatives that would not relegated certain Felucca cities to ghost town status (aside from the battles).

Aerodice

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Sterling Silver Ring is complementary to the Crystalline Ring. The Crystalline Ring has 20% SDI, which equates to approximately 75% DI for the Sterling Silver Ring in terms of intensity. The available skills that can be added to the ring are Archery, Fencing, Mace Fighting, Swordsmanship, Throwing, and Wrestling. Once the selection has been made, it cannot be changed.
I'm going to agree with what R Traveler said. It would make more sense to give it +20 focus over the +20 meditation as it would be better attuned to warriors whereas the crystalline ring would be more attuned to mages.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Notwithstanding that I've likely done more VvV since the start than you ever have (or even PvP since the game was new), there's a right way to do things. My main use for Fel cities was to bribe BODs, and as I've said many a time now, most of the cities are now off-limits to my crafters because of the risk.
You win the game bucko.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm going to agree with what R Traveler said. It would make more sense to give it +20 focus over the +20 meditation as it would be better attuned to warriors whereas the crystalline ring would be more attuned to mages.
This! None of my dexxors/warrior chars use med. Yet most of them use focus.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, is it 8 hours real time (whether logged or not....) or is it 8 hours in-game ?

That's a WHOLE world of difference....

I hope we are not at where a crafter needs to stay logged 8 hours some place doing nothing just yo wear off the orange label....

That would remind me a whole lot macroing off murder counts standing somewhere doing nothing.... only, that a crafter turned orange by mistake has no murder to clean away....

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You win the game bucko.
No, I "win" (for all it's worth) when someone like you makes a non-reply reply. You couldn't even make a rebuttal to the perfectly valid point I made about why Felucca towns must now be off-limits to those who needed them.

Only twice in UO's history can I recall towns ever having guards turned off, and those were only temporary anyway: the Trinsic invasion of early 2000, and the city invasions a year ago.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just curious what others are seeing as far as the doom drops:

I spent 2 hours on rotting corpses and got 1 drop
I spent 30 minutes on restless souls, probably one of the easiest things to kill in the entire game..and I got 3 drops :/

Shouldn't you get more from the harder things? No wonder I see everyone killing gibberlings and vampire bats! Still a bit of a grind but the items are cool :)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious what others are seeing as far as the doom drops:

I spent 2 hours on rotting corpses and got 1 drop
I spent 30 minutes on restless souls, probably one of the easiest things to kill in the entire game..and I got 3 drops :/

Shouldn't you get more from the harder things? No wonder I see everyone killing gibberlings and vampire bats! Still a bit of a grind but the items are cool :)
If they are using the ToT formula for drops your luck, your fame, the fame of the kill, and the speed of your kills (in succession) are all factors.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, I "win" (for all it's worth) when someone like you makes a non-reply reply. You couldn't even make a rebuttal to the perfectly valid point I made about why Felucca towns must now be off-limits to those who needed them.

Only twice in UO's history can I recall towns ever having guards turned off, and those were only temporary anyway: the Trinsic invasion of early 2000, and the city invasions a year ago.
I don't see it as either a big deal or a risk. You could avoid the issue by watching to see what town is being contested and not go there for the 5 seconds it takes to bribe, solved. I felt that replying directly to your point was not worth the effort as I mistakenly thought you were making a limited joke of a point, clearly not.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If they are using the ToT formula for drops your luck, your fame, the fame of the kill, and the speed of your kills (in succession) are all factors.
Well...since there are many ppl down here still I'm stuck on a very slow spawn, 1 restless soul every like...10 seconds? Dies instantly though but waiting time for respawn is a big yawn lol, my fame is fairly high and my luck is fairly low :/ only 415 currently because I have been trading my luck statue back and forth between my trick or treater and my tamer.

I had swords of prosp. once but lost them so I don't really have a luck suit anymore.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well...since there are many ppl down here still I'm stuck on a very slow spawn, 1 restless soul every like...10 seconds? Dies instantly though but waiting time for respawn is a big yawn lol, my fame is fairly high and my luck is fairly low :/ only 415 currently because I have been trading my luck statue back and forth between my trick or treater and my tamer.

I had swords of prosp. once but lost them so I don't really have a luck suit anymore.
Want a Janna's Staff?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That would work yeah, thanks! Just hollar for me in game where you wanna meet :)

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see it as either a big deal or a risk. You could avoid the issue by watching to see what town is being contested and not go there for the 5 seconds it takes to bribe, solved.
And how is a character not in a guild with VvV participants supposed to "know"? And if a town were a new battleground, a character couldn't recall in — but that isn't what I'm talking about. A character could be bribing, or using the bank, then get ganked by whoever's suddenly come in. It doesn't take 30 seconds, because the guards are all removed.

You really don't understand how the system works, that much is clear.

I felt that replying directly to your point was not worth the effort as I mistakenly thought you were making a limited joke of a point, clearly not.
If you're confused by something beyond your comprehension, then don't be afraid to raise your hand.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been running orders to Slim on Ocllo and ran into town when it was VvV, got the message and turned around and left. I *know* I was outside where the guard zone normally is, waited ~15 mins and ran back in to see if it was still VvV...when I was instantly told I was now open to attack. Seriously @Kyronix? You can't even check after the first warning to see if things have ended?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with all this blabbing, by now each of you could have trained hiding and stealth on the characters your so worried about and this wouldnt be an issue...

... before anyone compains "but i dont have enough skill points" many patches greatly alter templates / skill points needed. there is no reason a crafter should be excluded from that.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
with all this blabbing, by now each of you could have trained hiding and stealth on the characters your so worried about and this wouldnt be an issue...

... before anyone compains "but i dont have enough skill points" many patches greatly alter templates / skill points needed. there is no reason a crafter should be excluded from that.
If that isn't the biggest load of bunk so far this year on Stratics, what is?

Notwithstanding there are VvVers who have detect hidden and tracking, there is no reason a crafter should have to do any damn such thing that you suggested. Period. End of story. Only twice in UO's history can I think of when guards were turned off in towns, and those were only temporary as part of story arcs. We could be patient a year ago with the city invasions, but VvV has made most Fel cities off-limits until such time as it's replaced.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that isn't the biggest load of bunk so far this year on Stratics, what is?

Notwithstanding there are VvVers who have detect hidden and tracking, there is no reason a crafter should have to do any damn such thing that you suggested. Period. End of story. Only twice in UO's history can I think of when guards were turned off in towns, and those were only temporary as part of story arcs. We could be patient a year ago with the city invasions, but VvV has made most Fel cities off-limits until such time as it's replaced.
...yes there is... because there is a patch that pretty much requires it unless you want to leave the city. in a skill based game your first option should be to turn to skills...

oh im not gonna get into a blabber zog quote wall contest. im too busy training stealth up on my crafter. gotta get back to it.

seriously this topic is ridiculous.

the VVV stuff has to go somewhere. If it were in dungeons people would complain about their pvmers in fel, if they were near roads the trade quest people would still complain.

Its fine, its a change. adapt like everyone else. If you want a warning, join VVV just to get the warning. its really not that hard.

OK I HAVE SAID MY PEACE EVERYONE IS FREE TO BLAB ON NOW !!! :) :flame::flame::flame:

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...yes there is... because there is a patch that pretty much requires it unless you want to leave the city. in a skill based game your first option should be to turn to skills...

oh im not gonna get into a blabber zog quote wall contest. im too busy training stealth up on my crafter. gotta get back to it.

seriously this topic is ridiculous.

the VVV stuff has to go somewhere. If it were in dungeons people would complain about their pvmers in fel, if they were near roads the trade quest people would still complain.

Its fine, its a change. adapt like everyone else. If you want a warning, join VVV just to get the warning. its really not that hard.

OK I HAVE SAID MY PEACE EVERYONE IS FREE TO BLAB ON NOW !!! :) :flame::flame::flame:
Good lord, as I should have expected, you gave a non-reply reply. "Somewhere" should have not ruined certain cities for various towns. Powerscrolls in Felucca dungeons were not a problem since the places were largely deserted anyway, and it was understood they were places people could be attacked. The same goes for Felucca trade quests. But cities, where it was always understood there were guards to protect people who used the shops? That is in fact what's ridiculous.

Let me know the next time a PvP character needs to give up points for a craft skill, then you might have something to say.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly there ought to be some way to say something stupid ingame to find out what town is currently under the VvV effect.... Much like the idocy of saying something like "I must consider my sins" to find out your murder count or the stupid thing you say to see how many faction points you had.... etc...

So saying something like "blazard" or something should tell you where is the current hazard and if I were looking for a battle where would I find it.... and it would reply something like .... "A battle for Virtue is falling to Vice in Skara Brae" Or "The battle rages on for Virtue in Occlo" or whatever. Letting you know it's happening and could say something to the effect of "The City of Skara Brae was won by Vice and we must wait for the next encounter to begin" when there is a cooldown.... It can't be that freaking hard to code something to that effect... Honestly all this is just plain irritating. Like others I want nothing to do with VvV... And it SHOULD have been done OUTSIDE of towns at some designated battle area's... not like there isn't plenty of land outside guard zones where this sort of thing could occur and NOT effect the rest of the folk who don't want to be involved or forced to be involved... or wish to not be unintentionally effected by it. I for one have Zero desire to be involved and I don't like the fact that I'm now at risk of being drug into something I don't want to be just by accidentally entering a town that I was unaware was under some stupid effect.

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have not even wanted to travel to towns since the VvV came out. I am not a pvper. I have played this game for 15 years. I am in complete agreement with the previous poster, MalagAste. I have zero desire to be involved in VvV, and being forced is making me rethink my commitment to playing this game.

Gedgerez Tesherd

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Suggestions of one or more of the following methods to broadcast an active VvV city game:

-a VvV warning toggle option on the options menu to receive all the city VvV warning messaging. example: Britain city is under siege.
-a new permanent chat channel labeled PvP, that could broadcast the active city game warning
-a new town crier key word to list what town the game VvV is active, such as typing, 'VvV or vvv'

I play the VvV games actively, & I can understand that someone on a non pvp template doing the traded quest may want to avoid the current active city game (even though I would still like to kill them too :D).

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Changing template just to use a city? LOL. I have the skills trained and ready if I wanted to do that, but I'm not going to be that cowardly in the face of some PvPers. It's better to leave the hide and stealth on my thief, because I know how much PvPers love thieves especially in VvV. She can go in my guild, let me get the warnings and come out as and when she's needed.
Nonsense, the champs are out of town in dungeons where risk is expected and any non-PvPers know the risks. They are the last place in Britannia I would go for some PvM, even when there's PvP going on they're boring, they always were. Now they're hardly swamped with PvPers it would have actually made sense to add something more to those areas and rekindle some interest. Rather than create another area that will be almost empty once the novelty wears off.
You adapt if you want to, but some of us aren't that meek that we'll simply hide and run away from the nasty PvPers. Never was and never will be. Some of them even like to claim they control Fel *laughs*. That tells me it's about time they and the devs were reminded that there is more to Fel than PvP, and that the success of these PvP systems relies on regularly bringing in new players. Which won't happen if you make the cities so hostile nobody wants to visit. This 8 hour flag is ridiculous, and should be removed. Not adapted to.

Wenchy

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put an undeveloped character into VvV and our guild on 18 shards to ensure everyone in the guild would see the VvV messages.

Unfortunately, when you log onto any other character in the guild that is not in VvV, the first time you see a VvV-related message in guild chat is when the NEXT battle is set to begin. Only a character that is actually in VvV or is actually parked in an active battle region will see a message immediately at log-in for any currently-active battle.

Also, there is the situation Dot pointed out above regarding lack of alerts if you were in a city that is becoming active, get an alert, leave, and then, not knowing what is going on, try to re-enter before the battle ends.

The VvV alerting system clearly needs some more work. I think the simplest solution might be to just make the more frequent and specific VvV status messages that VvV characters get (versus the less frequent and more generic messages that go to non-VvV guildmates) broadcast globally to each and every character on the shard, with a toggle for turning them off if you don't want to see them.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick people threaten to quit the game, that will show the team you mean action.
Because suggesting that people threaten to quit really makes you look better than they do. I'm sure your friends in Fel are glad to have you on their side, I know I am :)

Wenchy

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good lord, as I should have expected, you gave a non-reply reply. "Somewhere" should have not ruined certain cities for various towns. Powerscrolls in Felucca dungeons were not a problem since the places were largely deserted anyway, and it was understood they were places people could be attacked. The same goes for Felucca trade quests. But cities, where it was always understood there were guards to protect people who used the shops? That is in fact what's ridiculous.

Let me know the next time a PvP character needs to give up points for a craft skill, then you might have something to say.
if your too lazy or stubborn to train stealth, dont bother commenting.

this is a non-issue and working as intended.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was the whole point of the patch. Im pretty sure the devs could have put Slim the fencer anywhere, but he was specifically placed in areas that there would be combat and for good reason. The whole idea of vvv was to make felucca more inviting / accessible to all - including questers who just wanted to do the trade quest. Yes because there is pvp in fel towns you need to adapt and put some skills on your crafter. not a huge deal.

the devs already "fixed" this one by giving the option gump to leave. :next:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because suggesting that people threaten to quit really makes you look better than they do. I'm sure your friends in Fel are glad to have you on their side, I know I am :)

Wenchy
Tsk, please have a look at Lavendar's post which I was only poking fun at. Learn how to breath, this is only a game and not a status of your self worth.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nonsense, the champs are out of town in dungeons where risk is expected and any non-PvPers know the risks. They are the last place in Britannia I would go for some PvM, even when there's PvP going on they're boring, they always were. Now they're hardly swamped with PvPers it would have actually made sense to add something more to those areas and rekindle some interest. Rather than create another area that will be almost empty once the novelty wears off.

Wenchy
Im absolutely sure alot more people would be upset if vvv had gone into dungeons, especially with the new loot and now that the fel luck bonus is more attractive (before the luck bonus wasnt as good - too much luck bumped up to negatives which were actually negatives)
plus you cant recall out of most fel dungeons, even more problematic.

yes like you said to make everyone happy a whole new area would have to be designed.

i think the towns were the best option overall. originally the battles were to be based around shrines. no one liked that idea which is why they were changed to the towns.

It does really suck for people on siege tho, once again siege gets no love : (

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tsk, please have a look at Lavendar's post which I was only poking fun at. Learn how to breath, this is only a game and not a status of your self worth.
Maybe you should read your own post because mine was not actually serious in the slightest :)

Wenchy

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im absolutely sure alot more people would be upset if vvv had gone into dungeons, especially with the new loot and now that the fel luck bonus is more attractive (before the luck bonus wasnt as good - too much luck bumped up to negatives which were actually negatives)
plus you cant recall out of most fel dungeons, even more problematic.
Well there are dungeons that aren't part of the champ spawn, none of which would have been affected by it. And they didn't have to scatter the VvV fights over every single champ spawn location. Even the champs themselves could have been moved into fewer areas so we could get more normal dungeons in Fel and focus the PvP in fewer areas with the smaller population taking part in it. Then it's easier for those who want a fight to find it. Spreading it out over dungeons, T2A and now cities seems a bit daft when the PvPing population is much smaller.

Even if you don't look at having VvV in champ areas, they could have stuck with the idea of faction bases and made it so battles took place in an area which was only accessible for VvV players. Then interference is taken out and nobody is flagged for doing nothing.

yes like you said to make everyone happy a whole new area would have to be designed.
I'm not responsible for a lack of foresight on the part of the devs. They could just stop being so terrified of players who aren't in VvV interfering with their precious fights. How much extra time has gone in to making up these flagging rules, warning players and by the sounds of things there are some bugs that will also take time to fix? They could even revise this flagging time so it is maintained till the end of that city's battle and then cancelled. Then it's an inconvenience to be flagged but you aren't hiding out for the rest of the day.

Maybe we should get the dev team flagged orange so they're sat at home figuring out how to reduce the impact of VvV on those players who want nothing to do with it.

Wenchy

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so can anyone tell me how long it will be before I can transfer my character to origin please?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When a player wants to enter an active VvV city, simply have a gump pop up with a warning. Make the character choose yes to proceed (and accept the consequences) or choose no and get bounced out of town. Until the a character selects yes or no, they will not turn orange...but at the same time, the character cannot do anything else until they choose to stay in town or leave...la

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much extra time has gone in to making up these flagging rules, warning players and by the sounds of things there are some bugs that will also take time to fix?
Clearly not as much as you have spent thinking of ways this impacts one small aspect of the game. While I hope that you have not been murdered at every entry into a Fel city(and I'm 99.9% sure this isn't the case) I can only think that had it happened twice a smart player would have adapted.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if your too lazy or stubborn to train stealth, dont bother commenting.

this is a non-issue and working as intended.
It is an issue, no matter what you think. If "your" too lazy or stubborn to put tailoring or perhaps herding on your PvP characters, "dont" bother spewing more of your tripe. Maybe you could actually knkow what you're talking about instead of spreading nonsense.

faction sigil thieves could not use stealth, i dont see why vvv thieves holding a sigil are allowed to be stealthed.
there were no guard zones in faction controlled cities before either.... you could not call guards if attacked. so basically the only shard this affects is siege
Other than Garriott's original vision of self-policing, Felucca cities were always guard zones except for two temporary events. Even the repond invasions in late 2000 kept guard zones for players, not for monsters.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly there ought to be some way to say something stupid ingame to find out what town is currently under the VvV effect.... Much like the idocy of saying something like "I must consider my sins" to find out your murder count or the stupid thing you say to see how many faction points you had.... etc...
Yes, or just have the message shard-wide. I still don't understand why it isn't. It's not like it's spammy.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When a player wants to enter an active VvV city, simply have a gump pop up with a warning. Make the character choose yes to proceed (and accept the consequences) or choose no and get bounced out of town. Until the a character selects yes or no, they will not turn orange...but at the same time, the character cannot do anything else until they choose to stay in town or leave...la
Temporary invulnerability, 30 second countdown, defaults to being telestormed to a random moongate. The first eliminates interference by blues who might stand where an altar will be, and the second eliminates the problem of red VvV characters taking down a blue crafter (particularly for the chance the victim has runics).

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Clearly not as much as you have spent thinking of ways this impacts one small aspect of the game. While I hope that you have not been murdered at every entry into a Fel city(and I'm 99.9% sure this isn't the case) I can only think that had it happened twice a smart player would have adapted.
Actually, "adapt" for nearly all means that crafters aren't bothering with those Felucca cities at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.